Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

I’d rather it stays on Guild Wars 2… One of the funny things of SAB is the contrast between the crappy old pixelated world and your own character which is rendered the same way as any part of the game.

Also I want to play it with my char, not having a game starred by some random character.

Posted by: king midas.1207

king midas.1207

just in case you all didnt know, adventure box is actually in the game.

I reinstalled the game after 2 years because I was hyped for adventure box. One of my characters was logged out in adventure box back from when it was active. When I logged in, it loaded up the loading screen, played the adventure box music, and put me in to the lobby thing for a split second before throwing up another loading screen to rata sum and kicking me out.

Posted by: cleabh.5308

cleabh.5308

Based on the datamine, it could be coming sometime this month. Yes releasing the minis the day before April Fool’s was incredibly dumb, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until May.

Posted by: Dibbin.9620

Dibbin.9620

Based on the datamine, it could be coming sometime this month. Yes releasing the minis the day before April Fool’s was incredibly dumb, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until May.

Can we riot if the SAB isn’t up by May?

(edited by Dibbin.9620)

Posted by: NexForce.1654

NexForce.1654

I want my money back from buying that stupid infinite coin where SAB doesn’t even exist.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

In between the last living story and the HoT expansion would have been the perfect time to turn SAB back on for us. Even if it was just the old stuff and not an update.

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

I want my money back from buying that stupid infinite coin where SAB doesn’t even exist.

i’d rather have playable content than 800 gems… but thats just me >>

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

I am surprised this was not added yet and will probably be added sometime in the expansion.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Do you think the people who’s opinions matter, get the info that the SAB forum is kept on the front page pretty much daily?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Of course devs know how much appreciated a new world would be. They’re even working on it at the moment (see that_shaman’s datamining post), so I’m pretty sure we’ll have it back somewhen this month, maybe on the 14th or 28th.

I guess they plan to surprise us with it, so you won’t see an official announcement before.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Of course devs know how much appreciated a new world would be. They’re even working on it at the moment (see that_shaman’s datamining post), so I’m pretty sure we’ll have it back somewhen this month, maybe on the 14th or 28th.

I guess they plan to surprise us with it, so you won’t see an official announcement before.

Or it’s already in the game and they’ll randomly activate it. They do communicate with him so he doesn’t reveal everything that is datamined.

Posted by: steffen.4317

steffen.4317

data mining found a new creature of the sab:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3169j5/datamining_sab_related_content/

+ the sab mini pets in the black lion chests.

its either a hint for the next update or a provocation for every sab-lover.

hopefully there is a easter patch with the sab, i miss it

Therodin.2970

So yeah at least someone is working on it

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

“someone is working on it” is more than was happening during all the 18 months of downtime, for sure

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’ll just leave this here.

Attachments:

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

I’ll just leave this here.

lol

Posted by: luderich.5973

luderich.5973

2 hours since last posting? Let’s push it up!

Attachments:

pelle ossa.9705

SAB or RITO

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Or it’s already in the game and they’ll randomly activate it. They do communicate with him so he doesn’t reveal everything that is datamined.

I also datmined and found no other objects. Just a weird rainbow unicorn but that doesn’t look very SAB.
http://i.imgur.com/i3TD7kE.png

And well a lot of HoT stuff like new PvP gamemode models and WvW models.

Posted by: Wildon.7618

Wildon.7618

I’ve played this game off and on for a couple years now. But one thing I always enjoyed was SAB. I even have a couple of friends I’ve been bugging to pick this game back up again lately and they have only agreed to do so when SAB is re-released. Here’s hoping its not another year away:P

And also, this! https://youtu.be/60TCwX11PVw

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Maybe they are waiting until the thread has 100000 views and 10000 replies…

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Maybe they are waiting until the thread has 100000 views and 10000 replies…

Nah, when they get to that point they open a new thread called “Super Adventure Box Part 2” and continue to ignore it.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I never got to play SAB, maybe I would like to, but the way people act is embarrassing, so I kinda like the idea of them getting trolled.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I never got to play SAB, maybe I would like to, but the way people act is embarrassing, so I kinda like the idea of them getting trolled.

The problem is there is no reason for Anet not to add SAB as permanent content. World 1 and 2 are there. They are fun and I would love to play it with my friends.

Posted by: Pomdepin.7068

Pomdepin.7068

When a thread on such a thing has 60k+ views and almost 2,000 replies, it should definitely be considered by the devs team imo… Hope they already planned something, but they could communicate a bit about it though.

CMM.6712

The problem is there is no reason for Anet not to add SAB as permanent content. World 1 and 2 are there. They are fun and I would love to play it with my friends.

It was explained in another thread that changes/patches to the game have changed the way it works (broke it) , as far as movement and combat, but I don’t remember the thread. I’d like to play it too, but I am not going to freak out about it and act childish.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why are people ignoring the fact that we HAVE comments by the team in this very thread and that they have already outright stated that it WILL be back?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Therodin.2970

It was explained in another thread that changes/patches to the game have changed the way it works (broke it) , as far as movement and combat, but I don’t remember the thread. I’d like to play it too, but I am not going to freak out about it and act childish.

Do you think other people have been acting childish about it?

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Well, this topic goes around in circles a bit, so here is some FAQ (or rather a Frequently Posted Interjections).

- Anet needs to focus on HoT content!
No content design is needed, they can just bring back what they already made.

- If they bring back just Worlds 1 and 2, it won’t be enough and people will just complain about world 3 not being released yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

- It was too hard and just annoyed players
Tribulation mode was pretty kitten hard, but Infantile Mode just involved running along the rainbow cloud motorway. Normal mode was somewhere in-between.

- World 2 was broken so they can’t bring it back!
World 2 launched with a bunch of bugs which were mostly fixed. Additionally the difficult parts on normal mode (the Geysers in 2-1 and the gong room in 2-2) were both nerfed heavily.

- SAB sucks! Don’t bring it back.
The return of SAB would not inconvenience you in any way, but be great for the people who enjoy it.

- It doesn’t fit the living story!
Haha!

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

CMM.6712

Do you think other people have been acting childish about it?

Absolutely I do.

Therodin.2970

Well, this topic goes around in circles a bit, so here is some FAQ (or rather a Frequently Posted Interjections).

- If they bring back just Worlds 1 and 2, it won’t be enough and people will just complain about world 3 not being released yet.

Tribulation mode was pretty kitten hard, but Infantile Mode just involved running along the rainbow cloud motorway. Normal mode was somewhere in-between.

World 2 launched with a bunch of bugs which were mostly fixed. Additionally the difficult parts on normal mode (the Geysers in 2-1 and the gong room in 2-2) were both nerfed heavily.

The return of SAB would not inconvenience you in any way, but be great for the people who enjoy it.

Haha!

So as someone who just +1ed you, what does that actually do?

CMM.6712

Haha!

So as someone who just +1ed you, what does that actually do?

It places a thumbs up graphic on the side by the +1, and goes into post history as a rated thread.

CrashTestAuto.9108

Why are people ignoring the fact that we HAVE comments by the team in this very thread and that they have already outright stated that it WILL be back?

Because even if this is true (and ANet are throwing away reasons to actually believe them), “will” is essentially meaningless when we’re talking on a scope of literally years before being able to access a product you paid money for.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Except for that tiiiiny little fact that everyone that have any sort of development knowledge knows: It might not work to just bring it back, since quite a bit of the game have been changed still. Even completely irrelevant stuff to SAB, might have broken stuff. So it WOULD require work (at the very least: Testing everything to make sure it still works, and at the worst: completely rewriting parts of the code.)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

CrashTestAuto.9108

Except for that tiiiiny little fact that everyone that have any sort of development knowledge knows: It might not work to just bring it back, since quite a bit of the game have been changed still. Even completely irrelevant stuff to SAB, might have broken stuff. So it WOULD require work (at the very least: Testing everything to make sure it still works, and at the worst: completely rewriting parts of the code.)

Given that people are clearly upset about this, and it would take maybe fifteen minutes of a single dev’s time to write a post explaining it, this isn’t really an excuse.

ANet could have come in, given an explanation as to why SAB wasn’t just turned back on, and maybe apologised. Instead, they stuck SAB minis in the BLCs the day before its second anniversary, then continued a policy of silence while customers got their hopes up, and then disappointed again.

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

The thread has too much pages, I don’t want to search the latest dev reply, but it simply doesn’t matter very much. We all know that the SAB WILL be back at some point. That’s not the point. I’m sure 99% of all players responding in this thread would be happy with a message like “We’re working on it at the moment” or “It will come after HoT, but most likely this year” or “Next year or maybe later, no certain plans at the moment”.
The actual state of simply avoiding to do any statement led to the riots.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

So do you think this is an example of a promise that developers should be held to, or do you think it might be subject to change, like any number of other features that have been stated to be incoming and then abandoned? Because the go-to argument seems to be that developers shouldn’t be held to what they say will happen, and when they are, you typically come in and argue that just because they said something would happen, it doesn’t make it a promise, and this is why they don’t communicate with their customers.

Which is it? Is their word something we can take as being trustworthy or not?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

cleabh.5308

When a thread on such a thing has 60k+ views and almost 2,000 replies, it should definitely be considered by the devs team imo… Hope they already planned something, but they could communicate a bit about it though.

Based on the datamine, chances are good they do have something planned.

cleabh.5308

Haha!

Thank you. I didn’t know some of this.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Hmm. Maybe some positive posts for a change.
Lets talk about World 3.

First zone kinda reminds me of the Lost Level in sonic 2 “Hidden Palace”, or Labyrinth zone in Sonic1, from the map picture.

Attachments:

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i think this thread shouldnt be on page 2 at all during april.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

CrashTestAuto.9108

The thread has too much pages, I don’t want to search the latest dev reply, but it simply doesn’t matter very much. We all know that the SAB WILL be back at some point. That’s not the point. I’m sure 99% of all players responding in this thread would be happy with a message like “We’re working on it at the moment” or “It will come after HoT, but most likely this year” or “Next year or maybe later, no certain plans at the moment”.
The actual state of simply avoiding to do any statement led to the riots.

Just so I don’t draw accusations of “see they’re never happy”, I’ll say now that I don’t think that would be good enough. At this point, I think there are only few options, one of which is similar to yours:

“We’re working on it at the moment, however due to the unexpected delay in producing this content, and the unforeseeable problem (X) which has prevented us from re-releasing existing content, we will be offering refunds to all those who purchased an infinite continue coin in 2013. We are very sorry for this, and hope you continue to enjoy our content in future.”

Posted by: Magnnus.5169

Magnnus.5169

I really hope we get more SAB. Even though season 2 got a rough start, SAB is one of my favorite parts of the game.

Posted by: CobOfCorn.6352

CobOfCorn.6352

I also hope we get SAB back sometime soon. I’ve been burnt out on this game for the last 6 months or so, and was really hoping for an April 1st release. I don’t know, I guess with 1000+ responses I was thinking we would hear more from someone up at Anet. I’ll probably buy the expansion when it drops, but this game has been a really boring experience for me lately. At least SAB would give me some more skins to work towards.

Ably

Posted by: Macha.9160

Macha.9160

1. This thread shall not be on the second page
2. I hope that SAB will come back soon, my interest in gw2 is fadeing from time to time, but at the moment it is at an all time low, partly because of april 1. If they didn’t add those minis, it wouldn’t have happend but hey! That’s life (or should i say anet?).
3. I would be overjoyed if they would bring back SAB on 7th/14th/21th/28th but i doubt it will happen. Even when i take the datamining from that shaman into account SAB will most likely not return soon. And that is a real sad thing to say

WE WANT SAB!
It was so much fun…. and the fun is now gone… why why why…

ReV.6097

I need a weeks notice, so I can book that month off for SAB time. xD
And

Which is why we need more to talk about. Devs probably avoid this page because there’s hardly anything but us complaining, but very little of constructive info towards the future of SAB and what we want to see.
I saw the centipede creature in the data mining picture, and with my earlier post/picture, it’d be good to discuss world 3.

In fact, I only saw 4 new levels in the picture, meaning, that either the world 3 is the last one before the last boss fight , or that they haven’t a full idea of what to add to world 4 in the future.

Attachments:

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Macha.9160

Macha.9160

I need a weeks notice, so I can book that month off for SAB time. xD
And

Which is why we need more to talk about. Devs probably avoid this page because there’s hardly anything but us complaining, but very little of constructive info towards the future of SAB and what we want to see.
I saw the centipede creature in the data mining picture, and with my earlier post/picture, it’d be good to discuss world 3.

In fact, I only saw 4 new levels in the picture, meaning, that either the world 3 is the last one before the last boss fight , or that they haven’t a full idea of what to add to world 4 in the future.

Yeah thats right. It seems there are only 3 zones + 1 bosszone left, but they could very well pull a “your princess is in another castle now”-move That way they could use the cannons in the hub to shot you to another place where there are more rooms/more levels. That we see only 4 more zones, doesn’t mean it has to end with only 4 more zones. Think about it, they could just expand/let the picture slide. They could very well make more weapons with more colors (red/voilet/grey/white/black….and so on). The rewards are safe and with “your princess…”-move more levels could be given out.

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

I would LOVE for this to come back but I’m also worried it might be the only thing I do for several months. And by only thing I mean I would probably have to be forced to stop and eat.

ReV.6097

I would LOVE for this to come back but I’m also worried it might be the only thing I do for several months. And by only thing I mean I would probably have to be forced to stop and eat.

Same lol. 5 weeks of work holidays would probably be used up by the time SAB leaves again.

Legacy of Kain:

pelle ossa.9705

we want SAB