Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

First Disney ruined Star Wars, now Guild wars.

Did… did you ever see what Lucas did to it? Or are you maybe repressing that memory?

Disney will at least try to give fans what they want. Lucas gave us what HE wanted.

As to stuff in the corner, it’s more likely to be stuff for the “Dev Menu”.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

So I don’t know if this is true or not but I remember a friend telling me something about anet having legal issues with Nintendo or something, which was why SAB was not returning.

I hope it’s not true and that SAB returns, but yeah… if that’s the case then I guess I would understand the lack of communication about it.

I think if that would be the case, they could just tell us and be done with it instead of giving false hope and refusing to refund the infinite coin.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Alright, I finally got a good look at it in Twitch and it doesn’t say Super Adventure Box. It’s really sorry wishful thinking. The first word isn’t Super, it’s unclear if it’s three words or four. It was fun hype, but it’s not real.

So I don’t know if this is true or not but I remember a friend telling me something about anet having legal issues with Nintendo or something, which was why SAB was not returning.

I hope it’s not true and that SAB returns, but yeah… if that’s the case then I guess I would understand the lack of communication about it.

Also, this is not a thing. If it were it would be known by now. There is nothing about any Nintendo game that has anything to do with SAB in anything more than an inspirational sense.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Nice theory.

Maybe the reason why we didnt get Bunny ears yet is Mickey Mouse?

Yeah… except Mickey Mouse is a mouse, not a rabbit -.-

Nice try buddy.

And it’s not like SAB was incredibly unique or anything. I even remember the first thing I thought when playing it was something along the lines of “am I playing Super Mario in GW2?”

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

At 50 pages lets start a support group

Kal Spiro.9745

Nice theory.

Maybe the reason why we didnt get Bunny ears yet is Mickey Mouse?

Yeah… except Mickey Mouse is a mouse, not a rabbit -.-

Nice try buddy.

And it’s not like SAB was incredibly unique or anything. I even remember the first thing I thought when playing it was something along the lines of “am I playing Super Mario in GW2?”

Then you have a very skewed version of Mario in your head. There is about as much similarity to Mario in SAB as there is to Mickey Mouse in rabbit ears… oh, that was the point. Welcome to the point.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Therodin.2970

If your looking for something to do until SAB gets rereleased in 2018, buying new character slots has been pretty fun for me im learning to pvp with every class so i can swap in the beginning to the bets option vs my opponents!

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

If your looking for something to do until SAB gets rereleased in 2018, buying new character slots has been pretty fun for me im learning to pvp with every class so i can swap in the beginning to the bets option vs my opponents!

i dont think buying things is quite what i wanna do while im waiting for sab ><

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Therodin.2970

You can buy it with gold transferred into gems though! That’s what i did.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

In the Point of Interest right now, they have blurred the world events corner so that we cannot see what it says.

However the very top option looks what could be Super Adventure Box! Twitch chat exploded with it!

Reviewed the vid….

definitely does not look like Super Adventure Box kerning.

edit: hadn’t read through the rest of the thread. Here’s an image with more contrast.

Attachments:

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Therodin.2970

Yeah i do not know what everyone is on about, that doesn’t look anything like super adventure box to me. And i would love if that is what it said.

Posted by: Sujuro.4096

Sujuro.4096

SAB at one point was the sole reason I logged in to play GW2. Reinvigorated my enjoyment of the game. Once again while we wait for HoT, GW2 is in a trough. I can’t even bring myself to log in to get daily rewards anymore. I have tried quite a few guilds in hopes a good group of people would help keep things interesting, and that kind of works, but the trend seems to be just grinding dungeons/fractals/world bosses day in day out. I even resorted to WvW to try and spice things up. I dislike PvP as a general rule, my competitive nature makes me try too hard, and it is too stressful for me. It wasn’t too bad getting lost in a zerg though, with so much chaos it was easier to not take things so seriously. There were some fun times when we had decent commanders able to weave in and out of fights when we were outnumbered, but generally it was a lot of circling taking/retaking structures. It would be really nice to have SAB back while we wait on HoT. The upcoming trait changes might serve as a decent distraction.

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Can we please have SAB for end content…. Can we just play world 1 and world 2 while HoT is being release.

This will allows us to do more things in game and obtain missing achievement….

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Hahahaha!!! Hahahahahahahaaaa!!!

No.

Posted by: Jawmeow.4502

Jawmeow.4502

ANET PLEASE.. cough WE DEMAAND SAB!

/starts protest

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

SAB embarrasses Anet, plain and simple.

It was created as April’s Fools “joke” content, but grew to be more popular than the actual “serious” content (not that I’ve ever taken the dragon story very seriously).

It’s a pity, really. They should give the community what it wants and embrace SAB. It’s the smartest decision from a business perspective.

Case in point: Bohemia Interactive and the insanely popular DayZ zombie mod for their serious war simulator Arma 2. If anything, it gave them plenty of money to make Arma 3. Please Anet, make tons of money off SAB and then give us Guild Wars 3.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

My point was people will always complain and they wouldn’t play SAB anymore (unless you are a hardcore fan) be cause there is no additional content. The kitten begins anew: they moan there is no additional SAB content.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

The Toxic Krait Tower is gone (or whatever it was called) and will probably never return.

I don’t see anyone asking for it to come back. Yet we’re still stuck with that antitoxin healing skill nobody uses.

SAB was hugely popular, and while it certainly needed a steady influx of new worlds for it not to become stale, keeping it away from us this long is just bad form at this point.

Oh well, back to running Ascalon P3, Manor P1 and CoF P1 over and over again (with the odd Fractal and HoW P1 here and there thrown in between).

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Therodin.2970

My point was people will always complain and they wouldn’t play SAB anymore (unless you are a hardcore fan) be cause there is no additional content. The kitten begins anew: they moan there is no additional SAB content.

People complaining for new content eventually is true, but that isn’t a reason to not bring it back. And saying they would not play it anymore just because there isn’t any new content? Do you know how long the dungeons have been the same? Do you see in the lfg how many people still do that every day? Do you know how often they update us with new fractals? Do you know how often people still do fractals? That is just a bad argument all around.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I’m sorry, but the solution for people wanting more content is certainly not removing content.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

/bounces in to cheer for SAB, then leaves to go back to waiting

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Kal Spiro.9745

SAB embarrasses Anet, plain and simple.

It was created as April’s Fools “joke” content, but grew to be more popular than the actual “serious” content (not that I’ve ever taken the dragon story very seriously).

It’s a pity, really. They should give the community what it wants and embrace SAB. It’s the smartest decision from a business perspective.

Case in point: Bohemia Interactive and the insanely popular DayZ zombie mod for their serious war simulator Arma 2. If anything, it gave them plenty of money to make Arma 3. Please Anet, make tons of money off SAB and then give us Guild Wars 3.

False. It was created as a pet project of one dev who had six other devs to help him make it a reality. When it was ready it was presented for April Fools because it was unclear how it would be accepted. If people didn’t like it they could just play it off as a joke. People loved it. That is the real story behind SAB.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Guys, don’t expect SAB anytime soon, Anet is focused on the expansion, after that they will have all the time to bring it back, but we are looking at 2016 the earliest.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Therodin.2970

My greatest fear is that i will move on to another game before SAB comes back and not notice it until many moons later when i take a look back at gw2 ;(

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

If that were true then they would have removed dungeons from the game long ago.

They didn’t remove dungeons from the game, but they stopped investing money and manpower on them. On not-ls instances.
It’s been quite some time now.
Some food for thought.

Therodin.2970

If that were true then they would have removed dungeons from the game long ago.

They didn’t remove dungeons from the game, but they stopped investing money and manpower on them. On not-ls instances.
It’s been quite some time now.
Some food for thought.

What manpower do you expect them to invest into it? They are already done. And even though it sometimes takes an ungodly amount of time, I believe the big dungeon bugs get fixed eventually too.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

It looks like Trion has an mmo that will fulfill the need for SAB.

https://www.trovegame.com/landing/

Trove, while fun, does not feel anything like SAB.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Kal Spiro.9745

My greatest fear is that i will move on to another game before SAB comes back and not notice it until many moons later when i take a look back at gw2 ;(

Make sure you’re subscribed to the newsletter and it doesn’t matter, because they will email you when it comes back.

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

BRING SAB BACK!!!

Ok, I’ve done my part, I’ll check back in later.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Only bring back SAB if you are bringing back the Super Skins. Otherwise, keep SAB, don’t want.

I only want the skins atm, and I am sure there are some others who think this too.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Kal Spiro.9745

I want the skins, but I want them in red. I want a red focus for my necro and red daggers for an ele I still have yet to make. Unfortunately red is World 3.

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

I want the skins, but I want them in red. I want a red focus for my necro and red daggers for an ele I still have yet to make. Unfortunately red is World 3.

Lucky you. I started a mesmer back in 2013 just because I heard there will be purple versions

Kal Spiro.9745

Lucky you. I started a mesmer back in 2013 just because I heard there will be purple versions

Hehhe, yeah, I’m only one indefinite period away, you’re two.

Sariel V.7024

I would. I only went through trib mode once. I want to expand my green and gold themed weapons.

Sariel V.7024

If they’re going by order of rarity color, red (magenta) will be world 4. Orange should be next.

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

If they’re going by order of rarity color, red (magenta) will be world 4. Orange should be next.

They are going by the Bauble value color scale.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Okay, point granted. Of course they just could’ve leave SAB after the initial introduction. I didn’t mention exactly what I want to say; when (or if?) they bring back SAB people will value the content more rather then having it constantly and all the time. You can clearly see that with the annually returning events like Halloween, Wintersday etc.

Such tactic creates exclusivity and we all know how it feels when you missed something in the past that was just a one time event.

That said, I do not appreciate this. It’s an attempt to explain what anet’s plans are. Additionally, they seem eager to have additional content with SAB rather than just the same two worlds.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Therodin.2970

Make sure you’re subscribed to the newsletter and it doesn’t matter, because they will email you when it comes back.

I dont think sab is enough incentive to redownload an entire mmo if i have already moved on.

Kal Spiro.9745

I dont think sab is enough incentive to redownload an entire mmo if i have already moved on.

Then your fear makes no sense. If SAB isn’t enough incentive to return even for a little bit, when why would you fear missing because you’d already left?

Therodin.2970

Then your fear makes no sense. If SAB isn’t enough incentive to return even for a little bit, when why would you fear missing because you’d already left?

I dont understand why you don’t understand.. I like sab and would enjoy playing it. Lets say its a +6 on the fun scale. Redownloading and repatching gw2 for what will probably be a month long thing is like a +8 on the annoyance scale. So what your saying is that if i dont love sab enough to redownload gw2 if it takes so long that ive moved on, then i shouldn’t be sad that i missed it?

Kal Spiro.9745

I dont understand why you don’t understand.. I like sab and would enjoy playing it. Lets say its a +6 on the fun scale. Redownloading and repatching gw2 for what will probably be a month long thing is like a +8 on the annoyance scale. So what your saying is that if i dont love sab enough to redownload gw2 if it takes so long that ive moved on, then i shouldn’t be sad that i missed it?

So just don’t uninstall the game. Then you can stop playing, but if SAB returns you don’t have to worry about reinstalling it, though, I honestly don’t understand why it’s so annoying to install a game. It just takes a while. It isn’t like you can’t do other things in that time period. Then it’s done and you can play.

Therodin.2970

So just don’t uninstall the game. Then you can stop playing, but if SAB returns you don’t have to worry about reinstalling it, though, I honestly don’t understand why it’s so annoying to install a game. It just takes a while. It isn’t like you can’t do other things in that time period. Then it’s done and you can play.

I change computers pretty often because i use laptops and just can not seem to stop dropping them, Seeing as how sab looks like late 2016 for release its totally possible that i will have a new laptop by then. Also, fears don’t need to be rational. Why are you always so negative and just not fun to talk to?

Kal Spiro.9745

I change computers pretty often because i use laptops and just can not seem to stop dropping them, Seeing as how sab looks like late 2016 for release its totally possible that i will have a new laptop by then. Also, fears don’t need to be rational. Why are you always so negative and just not fun to talk to?

That’s your perception, so I don’t know why and can’t really do anything about it. Just an interesting point, that I couldn’t say if you’ve pursued or not. Even if you drop it, the HDD is probably not damaged. It would definitely be possible to transfer it from the old broken laptop to the new waiting to be broken laptop. Then you wouldn’t need to install anything but the drivers for the new laptop, which should be easy enough. It would save you time in general, not just to reinstalling GW2, but everything else you presumably would want to reinstall.

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

Hot pre-purchase sounds a little like the Infinite continue coin.

Buy this thing now. You’ll have access to something that is definitely coming, but at an undisclosed time in the future.

I might not be falling for that one again.

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

wow at that comparison…how true.

heres hoping to the next time they release sab that it’d be a permanent addition to the game.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Hot pre-purchase sounds a little like the Infinite continue coin.

Buy this thing now. You’ll have access to something that is definitely coming, but at an undisclosed time in the future.

I might not be falling for that one again.

Pretty much this. The ICC has pretty much erased all of the “faith” that I might previously have put in ANet when making a blind purchase. They have shown that they are willing to take money for essentially nothing, with no refunds, so long as they didn’t “technically” say they were going to provide a service. Not gonna assume that HoT will be worth the value on the grounds that “otherwise they wouldn’t charge that”, which I previously would have.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

I decided to buy HoT whenever SAB is rereleased. No that’s not a threat, just my decision.

Posted by: Malderon.3917

Malderon.3917

I decided to buy HoT whenever SAB is rereleased. No that’s not a threat, just my decision.

SAME I am not buying expansion until they release SAB, RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

SAME I am not buying expansion until they release SAB, RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been saying this for months.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Is this ever coming back? I quite enjoyed it and would like to see it again.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]