Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

please merge with main SAB thread

Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Had to go all the way to page 5 to find the thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Super-Adventure-Box-merged-1/first

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

The short answer is: We don’t know.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

And would anyone here actually accept a reply that said: “No we can’t add it right now due to lack of resource?”
I find that rather unlikely.

A more detailed answer would be appreciated.
Though Anet’s trend to just clam up when they just don’t agree seems to agree with your thought process. If not then Anet need better communication.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

SAB is moving to Lion’s Arch, it’s the new center piece in place of the lion statue.

A guy can dream, right?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

Come on A-net put SAB back in the game , dont even plan anything in the future for it.
Just say it plain and stright you are implementing SAB back with HoT release and you won’t remove it and i will pre order HoT on the same day.

This game lack in things to do!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

SAB is moving to Lion’s Arch, it’s the new center piece in place of the lion statue.

A guy can dream, right?

That would be awesome. Why didn’t they put that on the survey…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

The idea for SAB was to have a cool mini game, BUT the main focus was to bait people back to the game, create new gold sink (good Skins). Then yank the plug on it, removing the available skins. Thus the demand remains for the skins but the number of skins available drops, then add the account bound skins to the game = 30g SAB skin goes to 300g+. If they left SAB up all the time the prices would drop fast and thats not something they want, goldsink added so they’re happy. Prob get SAB event for a week or two per year, so dont expect more than that.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I’m experiencing a weird bug where the sab door is still closed, is anyone else experiencing this?

Kal Spiro.9745

The idea for SAB was to have a cool mini game, BUT the main focus was to bait people back to the game, create new gold sink (good Skins). Then yank the plug on it, removing the available skins. Thus the demand remains for the skins but the number of skins available drops, then add the account bound skins to the game = 30g SAB skin goes to 300g+. If they left SAB up all the time the prices would drop fast and thats not something they want, goldsink added so they’re happy. Prob get SAB event for a week or two per year, so dont expect more than that.

Skins on the market isn’t a meaningful gold sink. Account bound skins available to buy is. Every purchased skin is X gold gone forever. While you might be able to burn more gold on a single TP sale, it’s generally only going to happen once. Vendor sales can happen an infinite number of times.

Also, for those that need all the skins, thanks to tribulation mode every sale is two sales at the least, if not three sales, because they need to rebuy the skins to forge them into the other available colors.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I’m experiencing a weird bug where the sab door is still closed, is anyone else experiencing this?

Definitely, however, I suspect this is way down their priority list at the moment. On a more serious note, I highly doubt we’ll see SAB before HoT laumches or is extremely close to doing so (they don’t want to divert resources from work that is somehow tied to the expansion right now).

ps: Feel free to prove me wrong any time, ArenaNet. I miss stuff to do… dungeons and world bosses will only go so far, the karka hunt was fun but now it is over :’(.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Would be fun if they would add SAB as part of the guild hall access activities.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Crise.9401

Would be fun if they would add SAB as part of the guild hall access activities.

SAB 5 man Tribulation Mode, now that is challenging group content (pun intended, as in you will likely want to kill kittens by the time you are done, if you ever get done).

Therodin.2970

Buying an entrance into sab for your guild hall would be one of the many many ways they could monetize it more

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

A guy can dream, right?

That would be awesome. Why didn’t they put that on the survey…

I’d rather they kept it in Rata. It’s not particularly well situated, but it gives the city a unique feature.

Kal Spiro.9745

Definitely, however, I suspect this is way down their priority list at the moment. On a more serious note, I highly doubt we’ll see SAB before HoT laumches or is extremely close to doing so (they don’t want to divert resources from work that is somehow tied to the expansion right now).

ps: Feel free to prove me wrong any time, ArenaNet. I miss stuff to do… dungeons and world bosses will only go so far, the karka hunt was fun but now it is over :’(.

A whole bunch of resources just got freed up, actually. Though I’m certain they’re not part of the SAB team, and just throwing random people at a project isn’t the best way of going about things, all the people who were working on the LA rebuild, the story restructure and the character build system have all finished work and are available for new projects.

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I’d pay $100 for the deluxe expanded SAB

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

Nuuuu I never got the finisher!!! T_T

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Page five a disgrace

Therodin.2970

It’s because of all the 6/23 bugs. People keep making new posts about them instead of googling to find the old ones. I say google of course since the in forum search feature sucks

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

There was also a story added in at the end of World 2 so I’m pretty sure keeping it in Rata is the best choice….Where is our forsaken SAB…

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

Time to start working on more SAB things imo!

A new Cloud mail carrier would be awesome

or even an Angry Cloud mail carrier!

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

This mofo was never happy

Attachments:

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

When they bring SAB back, this is almost a certainty. The gem exchange would burn to the ground if they filled it with SAB stuff:

• Pixel Balloon
  • Finishers
  • Armor
  • Mail Carrier
  • Fun Boxes

Or, my greatest wish, a costume brawl toy.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

This topic has gone on longer and possibly more passionately than the pre-purchase fiasco. Going so far as to even have in game protests, but unfortunately it still does not get the attention it deserves from the developers.

Beyond `No plans yet but someday´ we have almost no developer input in this subject. We need Josh telling us his plan for the next level, we need Colin giving us a broad idea when development can get started and we need more input from community relations! (Does that even exist at Arena Net any more?)

I pre-purchased HoT, I got the continue coin, you have my support, now give us what we want and bring back the box!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Incognition.6401

Incognition.6401

Bring back the box! :’(

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

SAB world 3 should have been part of the expansion. Why have people wait for so long if you’re not even going to add it to the expansion?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

One day, he’ll be ready to work on SAB again…

SAB began as one of his experiments. He likely doesn’t have the time to work on it due to the new content.

Attachments:

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

Bring back the box! :’(

And bring back the finisher! =(

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Has anyone ever found a way to make the search function of the forum work?

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

Has anyone ever found a way to make the search function of the forum work?

We have been advised to use google to search the forums.

Posted by: Incognition.6401

Incognition.6401

Page 8.. Shameful! Make this stay on the frontpage

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

People gave up, it’s over, SAB is gone forever.

Therodin.2970

I mean i dont expect SAB but nothing will ever kill my hope <3

Kal Spiro.9745

People gave up, it’s over, SAB is gone forever.

It’s easy to gripe over SAB and to want it back when there is absolutely nothing going on. It’s much more difficult to hold onto to desire for something when there has been a whole bunch of changes to the game in a short span and people are still coping with them.

Once people are over the shock of LA and Specializations we’ll be back to regular SAB kittening again.

Crise.9401

A whole bunch of resources just got freed up, actually.

You could see it that way, but I don’t think it is very likely… I mean the mechanical changes in the recent patch are quite clearly in preparation for HoT, so it is quite likely that the team or teams responsible for that side of the patch were separated from people working on HoT (because these changes were for all intents and purposes a part of HoT, before they decided to bring them to livein advance of HoT) to prepare these things for the patch and have now transitioned back to their old tasks seamlessly.

Whether this extends to the people who were primarily responsible for actualizing the new LA map, or something like the Karka hunt, is impossible to say but it is obvious were their focus is right now (ie. apart from maintenance and bug fixes live development is probably on the back burner again, except for the commerce team responsible for the gem store of course).

(edited by Crise.9401)

Posted by: Horus.8327

Horus.8327

Hello everyone!
I just saw this comment on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3azxhl/trikey_chest/cshka8i

I have got around 70 bouble boubles in my bank. Is it possible to enable just the SAB trader for the “super weapons” for those that still have the currency but didn’t use it in the past?

Please I want my super pistol

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Hello can we please get sab back already, this would be a perfect time to release it and every day runing of dungeons / fractals gets borring after some time so i would really like some change.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I would love this. I still have baubles and a set of green Tribulation Mode tokens lying around in my bank, just because I didn’t get around to exchange/MF them before the SAB disappeared.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m glad I saved up all my SAB stuff, as it took me 2 years to figure out what I want to do with it Now I know, and I can’t go shopping… :’(

Posted by: Windhain.9201

Windhain.9201

Please anet, do it and I will spend all my money on gems.
Would be a great addition to the overall waiting for hot.

Crise.9401

It has been 9 months since the last official statement by Gaile Gray about SAB, and before that at least a year since it was last accessible.

That is also:
- 273 days, 13 hours, 53 minutes
- 393,953 minutes
- 6565 hours
- 39 weeks

Since anything SAB related whatsoever (excluding the short availability of the gemstore mini’s, that was just mean). I said to myself when that statement was made: “I have already waited for a year I don’t mind waiting some more, however, if it takes another year we are going to have trust issues going forward” It seems it will soon be time to re-evaluate that comment I made back then.

SAB isn’t like precursor crafting, majority of it already exists after all, especially lot of the tech behind it.

Honestly I would take SAB World 2 over the new LA puzzle any day, as cool as it is, because at least inside SAB they can better account for finicky physics and weird collision edge cases than when using “real world” props and assets to build a JP. Not to mention the rewards were oh so much better (subjectively, who am I to judge if blues and greens perhaps a rare plus 10 AP is your preference). Even if the rewards were worse than for the first SAB release.

Crise.9401

I’m glad I saved up all my SAB stuff, as it took me 2 years to figure out what I want to do with it Now I know, and I can’t go shopping… :’(

Same here, when you are playing an Asura thief (the smallest you can be) weapon skins aren’t really that enticing. but I have since started playing other races and classes… and suddenly all those baubles in my bank suddenly would have more use. Especially with the wardrobe around now.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So, here you have your comment about where SAB is:

Rinith’s reply is probably the closest description to the reality as of today where we stand with SAB. We’ve made a number of changes to the physics engine as a result of places like Silverwastes, Dry Top, and the expac that means we need to go back and re-work SAB to use all the new movement systems. It also needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul, and I know Josh would love to make some changes to world 2 before it returns.
We’re all focused on expansion – both the announced details, and the un-announced details and simply can’t peel anyone off a team to work on it right now without it effecting expac. The two SAB worlds we’ve seen will return as we’ve said before, but simply put our focus right now is on making the expansion amazing

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3bqhaf/infinite_continue_coin/csoszn5

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

So Anet how much for the adventure box IP? since you dont seem to be planning to do anything with it, there are a lot of people that would crowdfund making it a standalone game

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Crise.9401

Well, well… it seems we have been upgraded from Gaile Gray delivering information in this forum thread to Colin himself delivering it in a reddit discussion.

The contents of that response, while not what people frequenting this topic probably want to hear after nine months of silence, but as long as Josh and/or Colin don’t get themselves fired or get a different job I feel pretty safe waiting… yet again.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Rinith’s reply is probably the closest description to the reality as of today where we stand with SAB. We’ve made a number of changes to the physics engine as a result of places like Silverwastes, Dry Top, and the expac that means we need to go back and re-work SAB to use all the new movement systems. It also needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul, and I know Josh would love to make some changes to world 2 before it returns.
We’re all focused on expansion – both the announced details, and the un-announced details and simply can’t peel anyone off a team to work on it right now without it effecting expac. The two SAB worlds we’ve seen will return as we’ve said before, but simply put our focus right now is on making the expansion amazing

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3bqhaf/infinite_continue_coin/csoszn5

Umm… what does he mean “needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul”??? SAB has the best reward system in the game!!! The balance between “luck/money/farming” for blues and then “skill/dedication” for greens and yellows (which are just different colours, not qualitatively better than blues) was fantastic!

Kal Spiro.9745

Well, well… it seems we have been upgraded from Gaile Gray delivering information in this forum thread to Colin himself delivering it in a reddit discussion.

The contents of that response, while not what people frequenting this topic probably want to hear after nine months of silence, but as long as Josh and/or Colin don’t get themselves fired or get a different job I feel pretty safe waiting… yet again.

This is also the same information that both myself an Krall have been saying, pretty much since Gaile said the same thing all those months ago.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Umm… what does he mean “needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul”??? SAB has the best reward system in the game!!! The balance between “luck/money/farming” for blues and then “skill/dedication” for greens and yellows (which are just different colours, not qualitatively better than blues) was fantastic!

I’m with this guy. Why the kitten does SAB need a “solid rewards overhaul”? Its the best system in the game. If anything stuff like Teq and TT need to be overhauled so that they are more like SAB reward structure. Its like they try to kill SAB off, first with the “rework” to world 1 and the bauble changes, now this…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m with this guy. Why the kitten does SAB need a “solid rewards overhaul”? Its the best system in the game. If anything stuff like Teq and TT need to be overhauled so that they are more like SAB reward structure. Its like they try to kill SAB off, first with the “rework” to world 1 and the bauble changes, now this…

Because the rewards were not as great for the second release as they were the first.