Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

That song was awesome xD and it looks like it even came out recently.

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

R.I.P. SAB
- Possibly the best MMO Idea to make an MMO feeling into a living game.

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

I really really want to play SAB again u.u

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

In my opinion
SAB over HoT

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

My prediction is that SAB will come shortly after the new year.

I really hope at this point it doesn’t show up anytime before mid-november. I don’t want to feel like I can’t enjoy HoT without missing out on SAB for the third time… I missed both other releases cause I was caught up in leveling/living world. Bring back world 1/2 and leave them permanent. Then add world 3 before the summer of 2016.

SAB looked so awesome, I thought for sure it would come back. It was only after world 2 was gone that I realized that world 2 was different than world 1 and that it wasn’t coming back. I almost cried, cause I joined this game for the jumping puzzles. (metaphorical tears)

Hopefully we see an announcement soon. (mid-nov) As I am pretty sure they are already putting clues for its return in the game.

Posted by: Xion.5694

Xion.5694

Pesonally I disliked SAB and I like the idea it being out. I dont like the idea of forcing people to play such content (yup achi points/unique skins etc forcing ppl to play it) when it is timegated and so (!) frustraiting.
I would like to see such content for April Fools just like an “little silly thingy”, but without any special revards/achivs.

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Oh look, there’s the SAB thread. I missed you SABD thread.

I’ll be honest with you guys, its been so long I can’t remember if I even liked SAB or not :P Though still find the ICC topic troubling. (before I get legal crap thrown at me, I am looking at it merely from a personal standards point of view)

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Pesonally I disliked SAB and I like the idea it being out. I dont like the idea of forcing people to play such content (yup achi points/unique skins etc forcing ppl to play it) when it is timegated and so (!) frustraiting.
I would like to see such content for April Fools just like an “little silly thingy”, but without any special revards/achivs.

There are achievements and exclusive rewards tied to every single thing they release, temporary or not. Citing that as a reason you want something that someone else enjoys to not be re released is pretty selfish.

Posted by: Sword Master.3720

Sword Master.3720

First post on the forums but I have to say that I want anet to bring SAB back!

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Pesonally I disliked The Shadow of the Mad King and I like the idea of it being out. I dont like the idea of forcing people to play such content (yup achievement points/unique skins etc forcing people to play it) when it is timegated and so (!) frustraiting.
I would like to see such content for Halloween just as a “little silly thingy”, but without any special rewards/achievements.

What you said can thus be applied to every single one of their temporary or recurring pieces of content. Not that I agree in the least with the notation that achievement points or skins equals to forcing people to play a certain type of content. Skins are just for bling and achievements points are a useless number with some more bling behind them. Neither of them are hard gates of any kind, so being forced to do them is hardly accurate in any way.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Not to mention that the skin rewards were possibly the best designed system we’ve had in the game so far. Blues were easy to get, RNG based but also grindable and available on the TP. Then coloured skins, which were aesthetically different but on exactly the same level, required completing challenging content. Better yet, they weren’t RNG based.

I know ANet has been busy, but the continued lack of apology, at least for the Infinite Continue Coin, still leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me. It’s like no matter what they do, I still know that given the opportunity they will completely disregard their paying customers after taking their money. That’s really sad given how much effort they are actually putting in, and how much I’d love to simply support them 100%.

Posted by: egzius.9031

egzius.9031

So now that we’re done with the useless expansion, can we get some insight what’s the reason for not getting SAB now?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

After playing a significant amount of HoT I am absolutely ecstatic for what is eventually to come in SAB. With gliding and updrafts we can absolutely have Tanuki/Cape Mario aspects.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

So now that we’re done with the useless expansion, can we get some insight what’s the reason for not getting SAB now?

“All of our energy is being put toward our next expansion releasing in 2017, we have no plans of releasing nor talking about SAB until after that expansion has been released”

Considering they’ve been passing it off since 2013 in the same manner (First it was until LS was over, then it became until HoT was over), I would not expect any less than the statement I just made up.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

I’d pay $50 for a SAB expansion.

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

As much as I wan’t SAB, that’s pretty impatient and/or ignorant. The expansion might be released, but there’s a ton of things that need to be fixed, balanced, and released (raids, for example.) So obviously, they aren’t exactly done.

And last time I heard, the fix needed to bring SAB back in isn’t exactly a simple one. It’s not like they can just flip a switch and make it appear. Pretty sure it had to do with redoing everything due to combat changes or something.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

So no SAB in 2015 according to the blog post.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

So no SAB in 2015 according to the blog post.

Wasn’t expecting it this year, but it better bloody appear next year.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Considering that they don’t even have a raid or dungeon out yet for the xpac I doubt we will ever see SAB again.

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

Considering that they don’t even have a raid or dungeon out yet for the xpac I doubt we will ever see SAB again.

ever is a big word…

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m pretty sure they’re no longer all hands on deck. There is a Raid team whose sole purpose from here on is to do Raid stuff. There has to have been some amount of personnel freed up that can dig in on SAB. We will not hear anything about it one way or another, but that possibility has to have occurred.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

ever is a big word…

No, “ever” is a very short word.
Four letters.
Like many other words I have for Anet. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Posted by: Narlack.3198

Narlack.3198

HoT has not scratched my Sakitten, gliding around awkwardly on a map with annoying enemies just isn’t as fun as jumping around on a SaB map with annoying enemies. At least in SaB they only took like 2 hits to kill. So, back here, waiting for SaB…

Mckeone.9804

Haven’t people found datamined SAB stuff before, only for it to come to naught? I don’t want to get my hopes up just to be let down again.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Here’s all they need to do.

1. Re-release all old Super Adventure Box content, leaving it in the game.
2. Start selling the SAB gem store items again, permanently.
3. ????
4. Profit

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Mckeone.9804

Except changes to the changes screwed up the physics so the world isn’t working right – they would have to spend time/money to fix it, and it’s clear that isn’t on the radar.

Posted by: Ashreon.2840

Ashreon.2840

I personally dislike PvP and I don’t like the idea of forcing people to play it to get certain content unlocked (achievements, unique skins not to mention legendary weapons) when it is this unbalanced – heck certain builds are impossible to defeat.
I would like to see such content for April Fools just like a “little silly thingy” but without any special rewards/achievements.

In actual news, I would like SAB returned, I never got to try it and more content to dabble in, the better. Also, from the video it seems to be a game mode that makes you rage so hard it turns into laughter and fun.

Of all the MMO’s I have ever played (I gave up counting my fingers and toes). No one has had a raid dungeon in their release. Nor their Expansions. If they had that, people would complain that there was no content to do after 2 weeks. Guild Wars is no different from any other MMO, well now a days. It took a solid 3 years to get Anet to realize there is no PvE without encounters that really test your mettle.

(edited by Ashreon.2840)

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

Since I never got to try SAB, I’d looove to see it return.

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!

Kal Spiro.9745

Haven’t people found datamined SAB stuff before, only for it to come to naught? I don’t want to get my hopes up just to be let down again.

Those were suspected to be SAB related. These are obviously SAB, that was SAB texture and an alteration to the SAB river gators.

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

Dear god please let this topic die. Every time I see it bumped up to the front page my heart skips and then I’m disappointed when I see it’s this one… :’(

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii

Posted by: Bolita.2071

Bolita.2071

… could there be one of the tribulation mode balloons for out in the open world as a reward for completing all three levels of a world’s tribulation mode?

The balloon animation is already in the game (as are several other types of balloons), and I was thinking how fun it would be to have one of the tribulation mode balloons for outside of the box as an achievement reward in the color of the world completed. For example, there could be a green balloon for world one, yellow for world two, etc., just as the weapon skins were color coded.

Yeah, yeah, I know the return of Super Adventure is an enormous “if” and appeals to only a segment of the player base, but I still wanted to put this out there on the off chance the box ever gets opened again. I love my trib mode weapon skins, but thought this would be fun for my characters who can’t wield those weapons.

Thanks!

Xillllix.3485

Except changes to the changes screwed up the physics so the world isn’t working right – they would have to spend time/money to fix it, and it’s clear that isn’t on the radar.

The physics changes nobody ever noticed… ?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The physics changes nobody ever noticed… ?

Behind the scenes. Those type of changes are unlikely to be noticed if even visible.

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

ok so i heard SAB wasnt coming back im here to confirm if thats true and also if it is wat will be our refund on the infinite continue coin cuz without SAB its completely useless

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s coming back; when it’s ready. Could be anytime between next week and the next 5 years.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Xillllix.3485

I would like SAB back, specially considering Raids aren’t my cup of tea. There is a difference between “hard” and banging your head on the wall trying to find a good raid squad and then still failing 25 times in a row.

SAB had 3 difficulty levels, why can’t raid do the same?

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Yeah just like the 5 mini games promised in Core game on release, don’t hold your breath, they have our money and laughing at us.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

that_shaman just brought this up…
http://imgur.com/4zJjC3c

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

So it seems that with the patch today, That_Shaman dug up a new model in the game.

with his original post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v0tmn/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_december_1/

Does this mean we’ll get SAB coming back sooner than we think?

Jordo.5913

So it seems that with the patch today, That_Shaman dug up a new model in the game.

with his original post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v0tmn/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_december_1/

Does this mean we’ll get SAB coming back sooner than we think?

Jordo.5913

sorry for the double post, the forums were having some bad lag…and made 2 posts, but if i try to delete one, it deletes the other one too

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

This would be flipping amazing ;-;

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Start the hype train!!!

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

So I took a long break from GW2, and have no idea what Super Adventure Box is. :/
Is it worth getting my hopes up for it?

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

It’s AMAZING! Literally just look up a video on YouTube about it.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So I took a long break from GW2, and have no idea what Super Adventure Box is. :/
Is it worth getting my hopes up for it?

Then your break must have been for 2+ years haha. SAB is GW2’s take on an old school 8bit platformer. It’s awesome. If you like Jumping Puzzles and platformers, that is.

Think it first came out in 2013 around April fool’s, then again a year later, and then nothing for 1.5years or so.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Jordo.5913

It was actually sooner than that!

It first debuted on April Fools day of 2013, and because it was so well received, they added a World 2 in August of 2013 as a Back to School edition as well as a World 3 Teaser, and nothing since.

So no SAB for almost 2 years and 4 months, which is crazy to think about, because it doesn’t feel like it’s been that long….i can still remember playing it pretty distinctly.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

They must be pretty desperate getting people to stay playing

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Naah, no hype train please. Skins and models like this get added all the time, that_shaman usually waits for a bunch and then posts all at once. It doesn’t necessarily mean that SAB is near.
I’m kinda sure that it won’t be coming before next april.