Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Bring back sab its about time, unless you want to admit Colin lied in his interview with angry joe.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Is the guy who made SAB still employed at Anet? I forget his name (Josh something?), but he used to post a lot on the forums until he got in trouble for it. Someone somewhere posted a link to his blog where he commented on having to have his posts reviewed before he posted them, contrary to what Gaile had said (she may have been unaware of this disciplinary action).

This is the largest and most viewed post in all the forums. Shouldn’t that tell you something, Anet?

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

I used to want SAB back so badly but now I just don’t care anymore, even if we did get it back now it’ll probably buggy as heck and it would take months to get fixed in an awkward kitten way. That’s how arena net does things, the fun’s just gone..

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Maybe the second expansion is SAB, because if they start to work on a new expansion immediately and don’t deliver SAB then it’s just never coming back and they were lying.

SAB will always represent the best GW2 has been for me, even when I was playing WvW instead, just having it there after a WvW raid was nice.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I am feeling sad today.

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

Goodnight sweet Prince…

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I am feeling sad today.

I know what you mean. Bowie’s death touched all of us.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

SAB or riot? Pretty pretty please?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

yeah, disappointed that theres no mention of SAB at all in the article, not even in the far future part.
Maybe we’ll get something with the next “Seasonal Game Updates” article in three(?) months.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Well…
No comment about SAB…
Can I haz refund for ICC?

Xillllix.3485

I was so happy to read today that SAB is back on track!

Yayyyy!!!!

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Yayyyy!!!!

Wait did they mentioned SAB?
Did I miss this?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It was just a thing to see if they could do it, and they cheated and broke whatever they could get away with in the original build of the game to make it work the way it does.

That explains a lot, and makes me appreciate SAB a lot more. It also infuriates me, however, that it was their pet project, yet they caved in to customer demands after the second installment (latency issues, no more timed water spouts), but then they refuse to accommodate to demand for its return (in ANY way shape or form, I don’t care!).

We, the ones who actually enjoy SAB, are in the minority when it comes to customer demand. Our voices are not heard over the booing of the rest of the crowd.

I haven’t returned to GW2 for HoT. The sense of community and purpose I had with fellow jumpers in SAB simply does not exist anywhere else. SAB was a place where anyone could commit major goofs and it’d still be amusing. It was a place where people waited for each other and as a result felt appreciated. It was a place where jumping on a pixel that was different from before, felt like a new experience, because anything can happen.

It was a place where I could root for someone else’s success. Where every little jump made a tangible difference.

So what actually happened was, World 1 was wildly successful. Because of that Josh got a full team to make World 2 and went WAY overboard on content compared to World 1. Every little thing he came up with he implemented. Unfortunately the result is that it had certain clear issues, primarily length. It also had a bunch of bugs that, when combined with timing and limits on coin availability, became a serious issue.

The issues, coupled with the opening of WvW season 1, or whatever it was called, made World 2 kind of a failure. Especially when comparing it to World 1. Add that to “minority” status, and SAB is a very low rung on priorities. But as long as it keeps coming up, as long as social media personalities keep asking in interviews, and they do, it will happen. It’s just going to take a lot of work to break what was broken so it fixes the problems.

Yayyyy!!!!

Wait, what?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Kal Spiro.9745

Is the guy who made SAB still employed at Anet? I forget his name (Josh something?), but he used to post a lot on the forums until he got in trouble for it. Someone somewhere posted a link to his blog where he commented on having to have his posts reviewed before he posted them, contrary to what Gaile had said (she may have been unaware of this disciplinary action).

This is the largest and most viewed post in all the forums. Shouldn’t that tell you something, Anet?

As far as I know Josh Foreman is still around. He’s kind of important.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Yayyyy!!!!

Troll :/

Xillllix.3485

Yayyyy!!!!

I’m sorry but my intent wasn’t to troll but to try to get Anet to wake up through the means of sarcasm. I mean I get it, they have thrown the towel for SAB, but the very least they could do is re-release the old content. Personally I don’t believe Anet when they say it’s coming back neither the reason they gave for removing it. Just like I don’t believe it takes more than a year to fix WvW population issues.

SAB was more fun than the new raid content. I don’t understand why you would remove something so original and game defining, where so much work has been invested on their part.

And people who bought Infinite Coins need a compensation.

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Yayyyy!!!!

I’m sorry but my intent wasn’t to troll but to try to get Anet to wake up through the means of sarcasm. I mean I get it, they have thrown the towel for SAB, but the very least they could do is re-release the old content. Personally I don’t believe Anet when they say it’s coming back neither the reason they gave for removing it. Just like I don’t believe it takes more than a year to fix WvW population issues.

SAB was more fun than the new raid content. I don’t understand why you would remove something so original and game defining, where so much work has been invested on their part.

Why didn’t you just say this then o.o

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yayyyy!!!!

They were being sarcastic with their post.

Kal Spiro.9745

Yayyyy!!!!

They were being sarcastic with their post.

And it really is shocking that no one caught the obvious tone of sarcasm they couldn’t hear because it’s text.

perhaps throw in a /sarcasm tag?

Posted by: supermanboy.4592

supermanboy.4592

I still have hope. SAB symbolized a connection between myself and gamers who grew up like me at Anet. It was an embodiment of the days of old, the heart of what it means to be a video gamer. GW2 has that same heart, SAB was really a dream within a dream. It will always be with us, I look forward to the day Moto perfects his design and not only will SAB be back, but makes it continually operational for the good of Tyria. Take heart brothers and sisters, the 6 Gods may have abandoned Tyria but Moto works without sleep.

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

I miss Super Adventure Box :[

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Reported for giving false hopes.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

SAB is definitely the most fun i’ve had playing guild wars

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

SAB is definitely the most fun i’ve had playing guild wars

Agreed!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I remember my most memorable moment was when me and a friend had ICC’s and were with another friend who didn’t and we were all doing the tribulation mode for world 2. And our friend without the ICC kept running out of continue coins, so whenever he did we would dig with our shovels until he got enough baubles to buy another one from moto down in the pit so he wouldn’t get kicked out. But then he went to the bathroom while we were doing the shovels one time, and i got a rabbit and also wasn’t paying attention and it knocked him off and killed him before he had enough baubles to buy another coin. I felt so bad that i actually bought him an ICC before he got back.

Aedelric.1287

Half way through your post I was going to ask if he saved up for a coin for when it comes back, but then I got to the end. World 2 requires an ICC, I see it as part of it’s design flaw in no longer be very casual friendly, it would be crazy to try tribulation mode without one. I am not a tribulation fan, but it was optional content so I did not mind much.

Read some posts by that_shaman, seems like some SAB related things are being worked on behind the scenes. I have got my fingers crossed for an April release, I have a bunch of gems on reserve for SAB items when it is out. I am hoping for a SAB glider skin as well as a few other returning gem store items.

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I honestly don’t care that SAB is broken right now, I just want to play it… Plz turn it on so we can just play it! T_T I miss it so much…

Aedelric.1287

I do not think they can turn it on till they finish working on it, it is not quite so simple as flicking a switch. We just have to be patient DreamyAbaddon.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I do not think they can turn it on till they finish working on it, it is not quite so simple as flicking a switch. We just have to be patient DreamyAbaddon.

A free to play player was able to get into it with no problems a few months ago.

DreamyAbaddon.3265

A free to play player was able to get into it with no problems a few months ago.

Yeah he was the chosen one and yet he wanted out remember? lol

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Wait, what?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Azure Prower.8701

Wait, what?

http://massivelyop.com/2015/09/17/guild-wars-2-player-finds-himself-trapped-in-the-super-adventure-box/

Aedelric.1287

That was old news, rumour has it they have been working on it lately. Anyway that player had issues playing, I think I remember reading he eventually got kicked out because of it not being stable and he could not access all the areas..

I would much rather wait till the areas are fixed and updated, perhaps including gliding mechanics for specific areas and a new improved reward system.

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

When is the next SABorRIOT party?
Those were fun…

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

it starts in 3…2…1…

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

It was just a thing to see if they could do it, and they cheated and broke whatever they could get away with in the original build of the game to make it work the way it does.

That explains a lot, and makes me appreciate SAB a lot more. It also infuriates me, however, that it was their pet project, yet they caved in to customer demands after the second installment (latency issues, no more timed water spouts), but then they refuse to accommodate to demand for its return (in ANY way shape or form, I don’t care!).

We, the ones who actually enjoy SAB, are in the minority when it comes to customer demand. Our voices are not heard over the booing of the rest of the crowd.

I haven’t returned to GW2 for HoT. The sense of community and purpose I had with fellow jumpers in SAB simply does not exist anywhere else. SAB was a place where anyone could commit major goofs and it’d still be amusing. It was a place where people waited for each other and as a result felt appreciated. It was a place where jumping on a pixel that was different from before, felt like a new experience, because anything can happen.

It was a place where I could root for someone else’s success. Where every little jump made a tangible difference.

So what actually happened was, World 1 was wildly successful. Because of that Josh got a full team to make World 2 and went WAY overboard on content compared to World 1. Every little thing he came up with he implemented. Unfortunately the result is that it had certain clear issues, primarily length. It also had a bunch of bugs that, when combined with timing and limits on coin availability, became a serious issue.

The issues, coupled with the opening of WvW season 1, or whatever it was called, made World 2 kind of a failure. Especially when comparing it to World 1. Add that to “minority” status, and SAB is a very low rung on priorities. But as long as it keeps coming up, as long as social media personalities keep asking in interviews, and they do, it will happen. It’s just going to take a lot of work to break what was broken so it fixes the problems.

Don’t forget about the reworked rewards that came with world 2, those also disappointed a lot of us.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

What is stunning is that SAB hasn’t been open since 2013.

Even after so many players left, it’s still highly wanted. That’s how good it was.

What it also means is that ANet’s refusal to refund or apologise to buyers of the Infinite Continue Coin with real money is pretty shocking. I really don’t get why that isn’t more of a talking point. They literally took people’s cash and then turned off the function for two and a half years…

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Even after so many players left, it’s still highly wanted. That’s how good it was.

What it also means is that ANet’s refusal to refund or apologise to buyers of the Infinite Continue Coin with real money is pretty shocking. I really don’t get why that isn’t more of a talking point. They literally took people’s cash and then turned off the function for two and a half years…

They didn’t refund maybe because SAB will coming back, soon.

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I really want to play SAB

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

They didn’t refund maybe because SAB will coming back, soon.

People have been asking for refunds for at least a year and a half. At what point is “soon” no longer an excuse?

Heck, even if SAB was coming out tomorrow, is two and a half years really an okay amount of time to hold on to people’s money while offering no service whatsoever?

Posted by: midnight tea.3681

midnight tea.3681

I don’t think ANet not offering more SAB is malice. I think they recently had to redo much of the physics and jumping engine in light of gliding that adding it back to the game right now would be a lot of work.

The best thing you can do is keep this thread alive, and make your love of this feature known.

Arena Net: I can promise SAB can entice new players. Being able to say “My MMO’s fantasy world has a playable video game in it” makes people sit up and pay attention. It’s not just about the game itself, which isn’t anything too amazing by itself (but still great!) but rather the novelty of a high fantasy setting where people enjoy video games like I do. You can bet your butt that I’d be invested in protecting the people of Divinity’s Reach long enough to for them to buy the in-universe cash grab Consortium-produced sequel.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Want to see SAB back in operation?
Find a way for them to make money off it in the gem shop.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Minis and Tribulation mode + ICC isn’t that way? Yes the latter is controversial (though not pay to win as some like to claim), but you were only asking for ways to monetize the content. They have had those since the beginning.

Aedelric.1287

Simple;

World 1 Super Boom Box
World 2 Super Boom Box
Miniature Super Trio
Miniature Super Trio – World 2
Plush Moto Backpack
Super Explosive Finnisher
Superadventure Box of Fun.
Infinite Continue Coin.

On top of that they can create and add;

World 3 Minis.
World 3 Boom box.
Plush Miya Backpack.
Permenant Superadventure Box of Fun.
Superadventure Glider.
Super Mail Carrier.
New Super Finnisher.

I could go on but you get the point, making money from the gem store would not be hard for them as Arena Net have a ton of things they can make. I know the Boom Box alone will make a lot on money, every time I use mine someone whispers me asking where and how I got it.

Posted by: Altoricus.3251

Altoricus.3251

So now that xpac is out, I would hope some of the dev teams are “not as busy”… is there any word on any progress or plans for re-releasing SAB? I understand that there were higher priorities for the dev teams and the most likely reason for SAB not being playable was due to system upgrades for other areas making SAB glitchy (and poor release candidate).
It’s been quite a while for some of us who absolutely LOVED SAB, even without the rewards for completing it. Is there any chance we can have an update on a time frame to when it may be in progress? Also, a major request would be to leave it as permanent content. If the reason for leaving this as temporary is for reward purposes, could I suggest that rewards are only offered during those times and leave SAB available without rewards for those of us who just enjoy the 3D platformer game play?
If I missed this info in another post, I apologize and can someone please link here?

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

The citizens are in panic and such big war… bosses and dragons… and you want to play games?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The citizens are in panic and such big war… bosses and dragons… and you want to play games?

Dragon is dead jim.

Continue on with games.

Azure Prower.8701

Merging into the SAB mega grave thread in 3… 2… 1….

Posted by: SpudBob.9036

SpudBob.9036

I purchased the Infinite Continue Coin expecting SAB to be around for a while, or at least more frequent… just to never be able to use it.

If it’s never coming back can I get a gems refund for it?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I purchased the Infinite Continue Coin expecting SAB to be around for a while, or at least more frequent… just to never be able to use it.

If it’s never coming back can I get a gems refund for it?

Most people who have asked for a refund, have been told NO, as SAB might come back 1 day, therefore they will not issue a refund.

Its not coming back, its been the same excuse for years now, gliding shouldn’t affect it, as it should be turned off in SAB, what other possible things could have changed, if you bought the Inf Coin you pretty much lost out, it was shady marketing tactics, if Anet has said when the launched the Inf Coin that, when you buy this, we will be turning SAB off for good, im fairly sure that no one would have bought it,

So please just announce that SAB isn’t coming back, so that we don’t keep asking for it, and allow us to trade the Coin in for something of equal value,

I would hate to think this topic needs moved to reddit to get a real reply.