T3 Cultural armors - why so expensive?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Im afraid its you that is disapointed. Yes Anet already stated legendaries will rise in stats to the highest available tier, they will always be the “top tier” in statistics.

Yes and A-net are so good at keeping their word right? And think about the logistics of it, how would they implement it? What if ,for example, you have a legendary that you have transmuted to get the stats you need, which is something that the vast majority of people have done? Do A-Net detect you have a legendary and automatically update the stats to the ascended version….what if there is no ascended version of the stats you have (which is already the case for the currently ascended items…not all stat combinations are present)? Or what if they just update it automaticaly to the stats the legendary had before you transmuted it? You then have to grind for the version you DO want.

Watch this space. It will not be as you say.

I predict a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. Again.

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

The norn T3 cultural heavy armor is amazing. Personally I think its worth more than a mere ~100gold. And no the stats of the armor don’t matter in the slightest bit.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Slightly related question: There’s several pieces of T3 cultural armor I’d like to buy. Should I hold out in hopes ArenaNet lowers the price? Or is the potential backlash from players who have already paid full price too great to ever allow that to happen?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The price is the way it is cuz of some kinda crazy exploit streamers were doing. It used to be a lot lower before then. Then they punished everyone by skyrocketing it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

On the update part, its actually very simple. The stat type is listed in the weapons data (zerker/soldier etc). They just update its prefix to the newer stats, et voila upgrade.

You may not be aware but Anet did this very thing in GW1. Weapons had stats changed up when newer content was added that increased or changed the stat prefixes.

Posted by: Those Who Remain.1987

Those Who Remain.1987

Slightly related question: There’s several pieces of T3 cultural armor I’d like to buy. Should I hold out in hopes ArenaNet lowers the price? Or is the potential backlash from players who have already paid full price too great to ever allow that to happen?

I’d personally don’t mind if the price gets lowered a bit, as long as it remains somewhat ‘exclusive’. You will still have to pay a lot for the skins themselves compared to other armor.

That said, 119g is alot for most and could be lessened a bit. I wouldn’t mind seeing it drop to like 100g.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Ah, a game needs a little gold sink, and what better gold sink than just some armor skins…

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I personally hope they raise the cost. 100g just isn’t that much anymore. I love the T3 Slyvari skin. I haven’t gotten it yet but I would still like the price increased to account for inflation.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I personally hope they raise the cost. 100g just isn’t that much anymore. I love the T3 Slyvari skin. I haven’t gotten it yet but I would still like the price increased to account for inflation.

If 100g isn’t that much anymore, my hard-earned 20g must mean I’m REALLY poor.

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Surely they are worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. I made an asura guardian specifically because I love the look of T3 heavy armor. The stats / quality is completely irrelevant as I will transmute it into whatever stats I want to.
In fact they should be probably double the cost, 100G is very easy to get.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I agree with everyone who has said that the stats are irrelevant and I can’t afford them either. However, if we accept that the stats are important, and that they should be exotics, this raises an obvious question:

For what build?

If you feel the price of transmuting other stats on is significant enough that all T3 armour should be exotic, then what setup are you suggesting gets to use the armour? More importantly, which builds are going to be punished and have to pay the extra anyway to transmute useful stats onto the the already exotic T3 armour?

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

The gem store in game is accessed via the TP. I assumed people would understand that with the TP shorthand.

Um no… The gem store is accessed via Black Lion Trading Company. Trading Post is also accessed through Black Lion Trading Company, but gem store and TP are different areas. The difference is TP= buying from players with gold; the item is generated somewhere else. Gem store= buying from Arena Net with gems.

Lexandro.1456

Thats just pedantic with semantics. In game chat if you type GS people assume you mean a greatsword not the gem store. TP is used in the game as short hand for anything in Black Lion.

I often hear people say " I can’t buy gems, its the TP down?" due to issues with the browser not connecting properly or timing out.

Which I am sure you know already and are just, as I said, being pedantic with semantics.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Many people thought Obsidian armor from GW1 wasn’t that attractive… But yet would still grind for it, because of the “prestige” behind having it.

Lexandro.1456

Many people thought Obsidian armor from GW1 wasn’t that attractive… But yet would still grind for it, because of the “prestige” behind having it.

As a 5+ year vet of GW1 I can say with pride that I never bought obsi armor at all, ever because it was bloody ugly. I sold my shards and ecto to those people grinding away for fugly gear and was always happy to do so.

Personaly I much prefered Kurzik faction armors and fair number of Elonian armors. Vabbi armor for instance was nice on my sin.

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

My question is why didn’t they make them exotic?

Priory, Whispers, and Vigil armors are slightly more expensive than T2, they’re level 80, and they’re rare. They’re vanity armors, but the price makes sense to me. The T3 and order sets are comparable armor sets.

I don’t mind them adding a bit of price for “Destiny’s Edge” looks, but 110g more (in comparison to the Orders’ armors) seems wacky. Unfortunately for me I really like T3 Norn armor for two characters of mine.

At least Obsi armor was max stats. I only got it for my HoM. I liked and wore my Vabbian.

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Minos.5168

As a 5+ year vet of GW1 I can say with pride that I never bought obsi armor at all, ever because it was bloody ugly. I sold my shards and ecto to those people grinding away for fugly gear and was always happy to do so.

Personaly I much prefered Kurzik faction armors and fair number of Elonian armors. Vabbi armor for instance was nice on my sin.

Agreed.

I got Vabbian armor for my Dervish. Thought occasionally about getting Obsidian armor on my Ranger, but never did.

The point is: People like to buy things to show off their wealth.

Minos.5168

My question is why didn’t they make them exotic?

Priory, Whispers, and Vigil armors are slightly more expensive than T2, they’re level 80, and they’re rare. They’re vanity armors, but the price makes sense to me. The T3 and order sets are comparable armor sets.

I don’t mind them adding a bit of price for “Destiny’s Edge” looks, but 110g more (in comparison to the Orders’ armors) seems wacky. Unfortunately for me I really like T3 Norn armor for two characters of mine.

At least Obsi armor was max stats. I only got it for my HoM. I liked and wore my Vabbian.

The Fractal weapons are exotics, but have no bonus stats on them. Just the base weapon damage. So they’re kind of worthless without transmutation.

I expect that the reason for T3 being “rare” is much the same reason. To encourage the use of Fine Transmutation stones. (with the only guaranteed way to get them being the Gem Store.)

Also, it may have been an attempt to make people work for Exotics. (As they had no plans for Ascended gear at the time.)

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

I once made a thread like this, where as I got the same replies you got saying that its for the skins and that you can transmute them etc. – Even so, I think its strange that these skins are of rare quality – I think its fine that they this expensive – however they should really be made into exotics.

Another thing is that obviously if you want to transmute it (which is totally fine) you still need a fine transmutation stone, or rather, you actually need 6 if you want the full set, you can get these through black lion chest (which is very rare as well) – or you can buy them off the gem store, as you obviously can’t use the basic transmutation stone for this unfortunately :/

Even so I do as well find it odd that they cost that much and and arent of exotic quality :/

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I enjoy my t3 skin (goggles) was totally worth it. But they should just remove the stats and make them like the skins you double click to apply.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

(edited by emikochan.8504)

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Instead of buying the t3 cultural armors you could gear so many lvl 80 characters with exotic equipment.

You will really have to like how it looks if you want to get it, because the statistics don’t cut it.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

You find it strange that not all rare items sell for the same ? really?

If anything were to be changed it should be the fact that there are stats on them at all, so people would realise that these are for LOOKS, ONLY.

Like you said there are plenty of cheaper options out there with these stats, so why do you care if you are able to get this precise one cheaply? for the looks of course, well if you want it, you gotta earn it like everyone else who got it so far.

And before people try to draw a legendary comparrison.

The two are the exact opposite, the cultural armor gets easier to get on a daily basis, while legendarys get harder.

why? because the value of gold becomes less and less the more that is farmed, and the value of legendary components get more valueable the less valueable gold is. etcetc

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

No you might not buy items for stats and say that it doesnt matter. Thats not what I do nor many other players. In point of fact I do NOT want any of the cultural t3 armors as they are all extremely fugly.

My point is that if they want to sell it as a “skin” they can do so via the TP with a costume set. Its not however, its ARMOR of RARE quality. The stats for a high cost item should reflect its costs.

How about you stop saying that stats dont matter. If that was the case, people would not grind for gear. Oh but wait they do, because stats matter to them.

Total logic fail on your part AGAIN.

Ps its not “inflation” its “deflation” when prices go down. LMAO.

This thread is not about me wanting them, its about getting the developers to realise Cultural armors are now pointlessly expensive in comparison to the rest of the items in the game.

I don’t see your point. Let’s say the prices where cut in half and were adjusted to be of exotic quality. They would -still- be more expensive than things on the trading post. Ignore the stats all together, as you can buy rares on the AH for -much- cheaper and the same stats to boot.

You are not paying for the stats on cultural armor, you are paying for the skin.
You are not grinding dungeon armors for the stats, you are grinding for the skin.
You are not grinding Legendary weapons for the stats, you are grinding for the skin.

Stats are bought off the trading post, skins are not. (For most part)

Uh no, I am going to have to call you out on the dungeon part. Yes some grind them for the skins, but I farmed AC and Hotw for the skin AND stats, the stats being the bigger reason.

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

I think the only reason they have stats is probably so that people can equip them directly if they like, so that they can still be worn and serve as functional armor if you don’t have any exotic pieces to transmute them onto yet. Exotic stats are distributed in such a way that you have to hunt down the pieces you want, whether it’s from doing dungeons, gathering karma, buying it off the TP, or a mix. Some stat combos can only be obtained in specific places. So if they made T3 cultural exotic, they’d be faced with two problems: they’d either have to allow people to buy every stat combo from the vendor, or ask people to accept the fact that some professions and builds would be stuck using transmutation stones anyway, while others wouldn’t.

As it is, making them rare means they’re not entirely worthless as armor at 80 if you want to equip them right away for whatever reason, but it also makes it clear that they’re not intended to be your character’s final gear. And while that does mean that you’re paying a large amount of gold on top of whatever methods you’re using to get the stats you want, T3 armor is typically something people get when they start to have money to burn, or are actually hunting around for a long-term goal to set their sights on.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

…what the kitten is wrong with you?

Also, I’ve pointed this out before but the price is insane, not just in and of itself but in comparison to the price of cultural weapons as well.

t1 weapons are about 10k karma, t2 are about 3.5 times more expensive than t1, and t3 about twice as expensive as t2. Now take the armor. t1 is about 3 gold, t2 about 8 gold (so far, pretty consistent with the weapons), and then t3 is 120 gold, 15 times as expensive as t2, what the hell.

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

They definitely are insanely overpriced, and that is an understatement. Then I see people posting here it isn’t high enough??? I can guarantee you those people already have the armor and want it raised so no one else has their look. Logic tells you so.

All these high prices do is numb me for the desire to buy anything in the game anymore.
So in reality, it may backfire on them. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Posted by: Barzmon.1320

Barzmon.1320

In my opinion only the Norn and Human T3 heavy armor look amazing, rest I prefer T1 or T2

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

How is it overpriced? honestly would you even want the t3 armor, if everyone could get it after half a weeks work?

There is no reason why cultural armor should be any cheaper then it already is, it is 100% for looks, the prices does not increase, it does infact decrease rapidly based on the value of gold.

And yes, I do have 3 chars with t3 cultural armor, but guees what I earned it, I realise i payed more for mine then you will currently pay for it (due to less gold value), and I am fine with that, but whining that you want the price of it decreased further is a insult to everyone who earned theyr t3 set.

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I enjoy my t3 skin (goggles) was totally worth it. But they should just remove the stats and make them like the skins you double click to apply.

Pretty much this. The stats are irrelevant, only the skin matters when you buy these armors so being able to apply the skin without transmutation stone would be nice. I doubt they’ll do that though.
Anyway, I’m enjoying my T3 heavy sylvari armor, it just looks amazing, especially the helmet. I fell in love with it and I leveled a sylvari warrior just for that.

Posted by: frostflare.6390

frostflare.6390

Well, comeing from me personaly. I think for all the money they cost-They should be exactly what is suggested. A skin-Complete with a “Transmute” over feature.

They don’t need stats, and for all that price anet should not also say “Ohh and your going to ahve to pay use 10 dollars to have those be usefull too.”

I am fine with the price as is. They are supposed to be prestigious. But can they at least come equiped with a free transmute? Fine stones ain’t cheap! At least not for a casual who had to work for 8 months to get the dam armor, only to find out it’s crap compared to what he has.

But that’s my humble oppinion. May I also suggest everyone to get off the Op’s back. It’s sort of insulting to come in here with a high and mighty “well you want it easy, so go burn in hell” attitude. Forums are places for shareing ideas, and point out things.

The op merely pointed out that the Tier 3 Rare’s from cultural armor vendors does not have good stats, and for the price it should. Which I agree. It’s should. They cost over 100 gold, and thats not easy to get. It’s not. They should be prestigeous, and worth the cost!

In my head it doesnt make sense. Say Sitting in front of me are 2 can’s of Tuna fish. 1 is 14 dollars, one is 27 dollars. The first one has better taste, but it’s can is dreary and manged. The second one is plated in copper, and looks nice, but taste like dirt.

All the Op is suggesting is that the 27 dollar can of Tuna, taste good too.
Is that really such a big deal. One person points out a flaw, and here comes anet’s mighting guardians who rush in and swarm like phirana with nothing but “It doesnt matter” as excuses. It’s not that big of a deal, but it’s still a deal.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Cultural T3= Equivalent of FoW armor =Reason enough

Posted by: kaotiktheory.8942

kaotiktheory.8942

This is where Arenanet has slapped us in the face.

Grind and grind to get your gold. Tempt you with the ease of just putting in your credit card details for more gold easily.

Finall you buy the armor that costs about 120 gold for the entire set, and then asks you to fork out more money for gems so you can transmute it exotic gear.

This is a BIG slap in the face. No other way of looking at it.

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

His whole arguement is based around the stats of the item, while it should be obvious to everyone that the stats of this armor is irrelevant, you don’t pay for the stats, if you want those stats you can buy them elsewhere.

You buy it for the look, and the looks alone.

Should they work like backpacks? sure, But should they have to work like backpacks for people to comprehend what they are? hell no.

here a better comparrison for you frost: Just because the Can of Tuna has a nice label, dosnt mean the contents of the can should be kaviar.

Your comparrison seems to suggest you don’t get what you pay for, when infact you get exactly what you pay for, a nice looking can.

Kaotiktheory: Guildwars 2 has one of the fairest f2p models out there, I can’t belive you are seriously whining about this.. I don’t know if you realise, but Anet is not a charity organization.

Besides you do realise you can get normal AND fine transmutions without paying for them? or the fact that you can convert gold to gems at will.

Ill be the first to yell at anet if theyr doing something wrong/silly, but the only one being silly here is you lot.

(edited by Kilrain Daggerspine.6843)

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

(looking at blue doritos everywhere)

Bcos there are plenty of folks who are willing to spend 100 golds & above to make their toons’ appearance impressive. Note the emphasis on the word ‘appearance’.

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

No you might not buy items for stats and say that it doesnt matter. Thats not what I do nor many other players. In point of fact I do NOT want any of the cultural t3 armors as they are all extremely fugly.

My point is that if they want to sell it as a “skin” they can do so via the TP with a costume set. Its not however, its ARMOR of RARE quality. The stats for a high cost item should reflect its costs.

How about you stop saying that stats dont matter. If that was the case, people would not grind for gear. Oh but wait they do, because stats matter to them.

Total logic fail on your part AGAIN.

Ps its not “inflation” its “deflation” when prices go down. LMAO.

This thread is not about me wanting them, its about getting the developers to realise Cultural armors are now pointlessly expensive in comparison to the rest of the items in the game.

I don’t see your point. Let’s say the prices where cut in half and were adjusted to be of exotic quality. They would -still- be more expensive than things on the trading post. Ignore the stats all together, as you can buy rares on the AH for -much- cheaper and the same stats to boot.

You are not paying for the stats on cultural armor, you are paying for the skin.
You are not grinding dungeon armors for the stats, you are grinding for the skin.
You are not grinding Legendary weapons for the stats, you are grinding for the skin.

Stats are bought off the trading post, skins are not. (For most part)

Uh no, I am going to have to call you out on the dungeon part. Yes some grind them for the skins, but I farmed AC and Hotw for the skin AND stats, the stats being the bigger reason.

(For most part)

Exceptions to every rule.

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

This is where Arenanet has slapped us in the face.

Grind and grind to get your gold. Tempt you with the ease of just putting in your credit card details for more gold easily.

Finall you buy the armor that costs about 120 gold for the entire set, and then asks you to fork out more money for gems so you can transmute it exotic gear.

This is a BIG slap in the face. No other way of looking at it.

You’re acting like Cultural Armors offer any statistical benefits that trump 5 gold Exotics. You look cooler. That’s all the set offers.

Get over it and get to saving.

Posted by: aIJay.8125

aIJay.8125

People buy these for the skin. Nobody who buys these cares about what rarity they are or what level they are. They could be a 0 stat white item and people will still buy them at their current price.

I don’t see why this is so hard to understand and why some people just can’t grasp the concept…

(edited by aIJay.8125)

Posted by: DemiGod.6413

DemiGod.6413

Im afraid its you that is disapointed. Yes Anet already stated legendaries will rise in stats to the highest available tier, they will always be the “top tier” in statistics.

Yes and A-net are so good at keeping their word right? And think about the logistics of it, how would they implement it? What if ,for example, you have a legendary that you have transmuted to get the stats you need, which is something that the vast majority of people have done? Do A-Net detect you have a legendary and automatically update the stats to the ascended version….what if there is no ascended version of the stats you have (which is already the case for the currently ascended items…not all stat combinations are present)? Or what if they just update it automaticaly to the stats the legendary had before you transmuted it? You then have to grind for the version you DO want.

Watch this space. It will not be as you say.

I predict a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. Again.

Yes they will. I acquired and transmuted The Moot roughly a month before they upgraded the look. Guess what. When they upgraded the effects mine was upgraded as well. So yes i believe that they will know I have a legendary, transmuted or not, and bump up the stats to BiS. Had mine not of received the new effects i would say no. But it did. As to what stats it will have that is easy. It will revert back to the original solider stats. So I will “grind” or really just play the game until i get the ascended stats that i want.

(edited by DemiGod.6413)

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

how many of you found fine transmutation stones since the new daily system?

i think i should buy a cosmetic armor for whatever price anet decides me to pay for BUT, since it is not a skin only, double click to apply as heritage, until i get the chance to buy or find fine transmutations stone i should equip it and be efficient as any karma/token armor in the game.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I support T3 Cultural gear being raised to Exotic status.

To the people claiming that Exotic gear is “so easy to get”, then having T3 Cultural gear also being Exotic shouldn’t be a problem, right? After all, it’s a lot tougher to get than just speedrunning CoF path 1 5+ times a day.

To the people claiming that buying Cultural armor is done purely for the skins, then why bother having Cultural armor as an “armor” at all? They should just have been armor skins that you apply to an existing set of armor, like the Gem Store appearances and the HoM skins.

As it stands, it feels like you’re buying two sets of armor, only to destroy one. Definitely feels wasteful to me.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’d be fine with t3 cultural being made exotic just so we don’t have to get this thread once a month.

But in reality, it doesn’t matter what rarity it is. It’s getting transmuted.

Posted by: kaotiktheory.8942

kaotiktheory.8942

Ill be the first to yell at anet if theyr doing something wrong/silly, but the only one being silly here is you lot.

I don’t believe attacking someone and calling them silly is actually relevant to this discussion here.

The fact of the matter is this is a F2P game. Yes I know that. And its a very fair model. I love this game and play it a lot, but even with all the time I spend in this game I’m nowhere near the amount I need to buy one of these sets.

This F2P model as most F2P models, are geared towards dangling something shiny in front of you for money . You don’t HAVE to spend money but the option is there. You can go throughout the entire game without spending an extra cent.

But they dangle this beautifully skinned armour with a high price tag, and then dangle the gem to gold conversion which you can do so easily with a credit card. And if you do give into spending real money for gems, then you’ll need to buy even more to buy a fine transmute stone.

You buy this armor for its look. That’s true. But if you want to play this game with the best stats then you’ll eventually have to skin it too so it gets boosted up to exotic status. So you’ll also need to spend money/time on an exotic gear and then gems on a transmute stone.

No one will be harmed, no innocents will be slaughtered, the world will not end if these T3 armors are boosted to exotic level. The only one who looses out is arenanet, since you wouldn’t need to buy fine transmute stones as well. And hence that is why they haven’t done so already. They WANT you to buy them.

I’m not saying Arenanet is being devious or evil in any way. They HAVE to do things like this in order to make money. It’s just the way it is.

Posted by: Hardist.3104

Hardist.3104

It’s really just a end game skin grind. The price is high, but its meant to be a goal for people to work towards at 80 if they want it.

It is accessible, but it takes a bit of time. I’d say the most casual of player could probably get a set in 6 months if they wanted, 3 or 4 if they can pull 2g a day.

I agree with the first thing you are saying. I just recently got this set myself, and believe me it’s worth it, but it took me only two weeks to get from 0 to 120 gold. How? By just playing the game, and I am a very casual player.

I play like 2 – 3 hours a day. I just do my daily fractals, always at level 10. That’s it. One day I get almost nothing, the next day I get 5+ gold. And sure, in the weekend I play a bit more, I squeeze some dungeons in and I do some map completion with alts. So yeah, in the weekend I make a bit more money, bot c’mon 6 months for a casual player? There’s just no way.

The price is good. Like this not everyone will use the same cosmetic looks. So far I’ve only seen one other player using this armor, and I am glad. I still feel a bit unique. If it was too cheap, everyone would be using it and I just wouldn’t feel special anymore.

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Its cheap dude compared to other things in game. I can farm whole T3 set in ~2 days so i dont think its that expensive. If you dont like it dont buy it, better for other ppl who have it iam sure they dont want every scrub wearing T3 armor….

Posted by: LegatusLeaf.5934

LegatusLeaf.5934

People buy these for the skin. Nobody who buys these cares about what rarity they are or what level they are. They could be a 0 stat white item and people will still buy them at their current price.

I don’t see why this is so hard to understand and why some people just can’t grasp the concept…

I have come to the conclusion that some people refuse to get the idea that part of the game is “some items are more expensive because you are being charged for the look” not because they don’t understand but because they think they can build an argument which will lead to the gear they want being reduced in price.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

But these armors are needlessly expensive for its stats.

That’s the point—no-one is buying cultural armour/weapons for the stats; they’re buying them for the unique look that cannot be found anywhere else.

They are expensive because they are luxury items i.e. items you only look to buy once you already have a full set of level 80 exotic/ascended gear and just want to customise your character to look perfect as well.

Sports/luxury cars are expensive for the exact same reason; you sure as hell do not need something that expensive to drive to work 5 days a week.

Yes but you dont buy a Ferarri new with a Fiat engine in it. You pay for the quality, expertise AND the technology.

Except Ferrari and Fiat are exactly the same car, but differently branded. So if you buy a Ferrari without a Fiat motor you really have to worry.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: rogue.5960

rogue.5960

Phew , luckily not everyone can afford or bothered/unwilling to spend. At least my character looks rare/unique , with the occasional “tells” from other players ‘on what armor I’m wearing’.

T3 skins for the win At least there’s a goal for some players to achieve at end game.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Personally, I’d prefer they remove the ‘armors’ entirely and you just buy (for the same price) skins that you can then apply to whatever armor you want without the need of a transmutation stone. For me, fine transmutation stones are already rather precious. If I wanted this armor’s look on a lower lvl alt while they were lvling, I’d prefer not to have to waste a stone just because it’s lvl 80 armor.

Posted by: Rage.4693

Rage.4693

I don’t see why people think this is an issue. nearly all max stat armors in gw1 where just for the looks.

you wanna look good you gotta pay for it. making it cheaper to obtain would be the same thing if they just handed out a weapon transmutation skin that made everything look like a legenary weapon.

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

A-net just make T3 cultural exotic to stop this nonsense, no need to make it cheaper.