Take care Guild Wars Community!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Good luck in your future endeavors! Can I have your stuff? ;D

If i like Archeage as much as i hope i will gladly give you my stuff.

You will. ;-)

Posted by: Mazdan.2071

Mazdan.2071

Someone asked if The Secret World is good and for the money it is. Very similar to GW1 actually. You can mix/match almost any combo of skills. You’re gonna need a good rig to run it over medium settings tho.

I recently tried Neverwinter MMO. I haven’t paid a dime and have had some fun. ::shrug:: No tab targeting, D&D classes and atmosphere. Worth a try IMO, but I wouldn’t invest in it as it’s a Perfect World P2W cash shop model.

Good luck but you may want to stick for Halloween events. The devs have done those right IMO and are just great fun.

Lisa.6102

To all those leaving: Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Good attitude. Empty mega server eventually must be your cup of tea.

It won’t.

Megamauler will continuously harass him to change instance due to the lack of players. Eventually, if everyone leaves, then he’ll end up getting a: “Sorry, there aren’t enough players to open an instance. Instead, you’ve been taken in a queue. Your instance opens in 109:45:29 hours, please be patient.” message instead..

You people flatter yourselves. It’ll take many more than the number of whiners in these forums to have a meaningfully negative impact on the future of GW2.

Says the guy with a 6 hour forum presence. It’s ok if you are new here but calling people whiners who genuinely care(d) for the game is just [deleted due to content]. More people leave the game without saying a word compared to the forums. Have fun new guy.

Oh I know. Many more people are upset than are represented on this forum because…

…wait for it…

This forum isn’t representative of the entire population of GW2 players!

You think maybe that these whiners (Yeah. I went there…) are overestimating their ability to damage a game that doesn’t even have a monthly subscription fee by picking up their ball and going home? Good riddance!

And by the by, if I talk about whiners and you take it personally, perhaps you should ask yourself why. If you think I need convincing that the whiners feel like they cared for the game without regard for the fact that they bothered to play in the first place, aren’t you insulting my intelligence?

Shazam!

Funny thing (haha) I spend more than a subscription on this game atm. The fact that I am rethinking this decision along with many others will effect you in the long run. I’m not leaving just yet if you bothered to read my original post. Why would I insult your intelligence? I neither know nor care who you are. I already know I’m not a whiner, you are just lumping people together under a close minded label.

My point still stands that if the developers of this game continue to ignore what the player base actually want then the game will die. People aren’t going to spend cash on gems or suggest the game to other people if the development continues to go in a direction that people don’t like.

Kapow?

You spend more than a subscription on this game because you choose to. If you decided to leave tomorrow, you would not be individually or personally missed — by myself or any Anet staffers. But again, you’d be making a choice. So it’s time to take a dump or get off the pot. Anet has made it abundantly clear that whining on the forums here won’t get the results you’re looking for.

Good Lord LOL … I feel like we all should go sit in the naughty corner now with our hands on our heads

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I dunno why people like to refer to GW2’s entire playerbase in a thread that is specifically addressed to the community. In most games I’ve played, the community (i.e. the forums, groups, reddit etc.) is aware of its identity and distinguishes itself from the general playerbase.

Also, arguments based solely on belonging in either minority/majority is an ad populum.

I’m making no argument as to the rightness or wrongness of the feature pack based on minority/majority appeal. My assertion is merely that even if a majority of forum posters are whining about it, it does not follow that it will necessarily hurt the game. I am of the opinion that the whiners are wayyyyy overstating their individual importance to the integrity of the game, but I suppose time will tell if I’m right or not.

Your assertion is these people are overstating their importance and thus will have no meaningful impact in the game solely because they are in a minority, which is invalid in itself. I for one believe that Lilith generates more positive traffic towards the game via his/her forum events. My point is you have no reliable gauge in estimating every poster’s value and relying on ad populum isn’t gonna get you merit.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve played Guild Wars 1, and I don’t feel the way you do. Because I recognize the reality of the situation. The gaming population isn’t what it was when people played EQ and if you make a game for us, it’s going to end up being a much smaller game, with a much smaller population.

This kind of project is ambitious. Anet isn’t a 50 person company anymore, they’ve got more than 300 employees. Realistically they have to attract more people. They’re not going to that by making the same game.

Referring to the bolded selection, perhaps that is why so many MMOs are failing so quickly now. Back in the days of EQ and UO MMOs were “niche” games and 500k subscribers was a success. Now if you don’t have at least 1mil subs then you’re considered a failure and a lot of companies think the only ways to do that a to make WoW clones with a different skin. The reason that A-net had so much success with Guild Wars was because it wasn’t a WoW clone and wasn’t just trying to make money, they made Guild Wars FOR the players and it showed.

Anet had success with Guild Wars 8 years ago. I can’t put too fine a point on this. The landscape HAS changed. Games today, even the failures are more successful financially than EQ was. WoW dumbed down what EQ offered and made a killing on it.

There’s a reason for that.

Leo Paul.1659

May be pertinent: http://mmohuts.com/editorials/buy-to-play-vs-free-to-play

Guild Wars is easily the most successful buy to play game, but how much revenue could it have made for NCSoft in its lifetime? $200 million? $250 million? $350 million tops. $350 million is a lot of money, but that’s since the game’s original release in 2005. Now look at Nexon, the free to play MMO developer and publisher behind games like Nexon and Mabinogi. They reported $550 million in revenue in 2009. That’s A LOT of money in ONE year. Yeah, I know it’s not exactly a fair comparison, as I’m comparing one game to an entire company, but I think it’s fair to say that free play is more profitable for game companies. After all, why would so many game developers keep releasing free to play MMORPGs if buy to play was more profitable? To give you guys a better comparison, World of Warcraft – the most successful MMORPG ever makes about $800 million a year.

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

I dunno why people like to refer to GW2’s entire playerbase in a thread that is specifically addressed to the community. In most games I’ve played, the community (i.e. the forums, groups, reddit etc.) is aware of its identity and distinguishes itself from the general playerbase.

Also, arguments based solely on belonging in either minority/majority is an ad populum.

I’m making no argument as to the rightness or wrongness of the feature pack based on minority/majority appeal. My assertion is merely that even if a majority of forum posters are whining about it, it does not follow that it will necessarily hurt the game. I am of the opinion that the whiners are wayyyyy overstating their individual importance to the integrity of the game, but I suppose time will tell if I’m right or not.

Your assertion is these people are overstating their importance and thus will have no meaningful impact in the game solely because they are in a minority, which is invalid in itself. I for one believe that Lilith generates more positive traffic towards the game via his/her forum events. My point is you have no reliable gauge in estimating every poster’s value and relying on ad populum isn’t gonna get you merit.

I did not say my assertion was that these people are overstating their importance. I said that it is my opinion that these people are overstating their importance. I may be correct or incorrect in the end, but my opinion is just that: an opinion. Even if they are overstating their importance they could still have a meaningful impact on the game regardless of their status as a minority or majority. There’s only one way to know for sure and that is to wait and see. Popular metrics are the only thing that can be objectively measured with any reliability, but Tyria isn’t what you’d call a “controlled scientific environment.”

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I did not say my assertion was that these people are overstating their importance. I said that it is my opinion that these people are overstating their importance. I may be correct or incorrect in the end, but my opinion is just that: an opinion. Even if they are overstating their importance they could still have a meaningful impact on the game regardless of their status as a minority or majority. There’s only one way to know for sure and that is to wait and see. Popular metrics are the only thing that can be objectively measured with any reliability, but Tyria isn’t what you’d call a “controlled scientific environment.”

You know that assertion and opinion are synonyms right?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Leo Paul.1659

You people flatter yourselves. It’ll take many more than the number of whiners in these forums to have a meaningfully negative impact on the future of GW2.

Assertion

a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason:
a mere assertion; an unwarranted assertion.

Let’s not argue semantics.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

When games fail to put out new content, then the players move to something that does.

This is a certainty.

It’s debatable whether what Anet has put out for GW2 could be called ‘content’.

Yes, the Living Story was playable content – sort of.

The first season occurred in zones that already existed – so they amounted to a couple of new enemies that suddenly appeared according to scripted events…in zones that were already there.

The Tower of Nightmares got a little more interesting, because it actually changed a zone into something new. This was perhaps the beginning of the best aspect of the Living Story.

I actually like Kessex more now with all the destruction (though, if they do it right, even that should change over time).

And, of course, culminating with the destruction of Lions Arch – which is great, because it changes an otherwise static and boring world (boring only because you’ve seen it a million times).

These sorts of changes don’t come fast enough – that is, they could up the pace on this sort of ‘cataclysmic’ (c wut i dud thar) world changing events, and that would be pretty awesome. Although if they do it wrong (just wantonly destroy a new zone every three months, for no particular reason) it could get stale too….you have to be careful, which is why you have professional writers (are there any left at Anet) build the story for it first.

I wouldn’t mind seeing something akin to LS S1 happen every two (maybe three???) months.

HOWEVER

This should be in addition to opening up at least 1 completely new map every THREE months, OR releasing an expansion that opens up 3-4 new maps EVERY YEAR.

That is new content.

Oh, also a new class once every two years. A new weapon for each class, a handful of new utilities for everyone, and perhaps a new playable race as well (Tengu and Kodan would be perfect right now – would add just the right amount of freshness to the game, and I’d probably buy another character slot or two if they did that).

THAT’S new CONTENT.

How difficult is that to understand for people? Srsly?

That’s what an expansion is. A bunch of new maps, a new class, a new race, some new skills.

It doesn’t get any more straight forward than that, and if Anet isn’t releasing something akin to this, I can promise that tons of people will go looking for it elsewhere.

That’s what people crave, and it’s the REASON why we abandoned our LAST MMO for GW2.

Why did you quite (insert MMO name here _____________) to play GW2? Because you were bored with the lack of new content?

Why is Azeroth like 3 times the size of Tyria, and has MILLIONS of players?

Sure, GW2 hasn’t been out as long, but it HAS been out 2 years, which means it’s time for an EXPANSION.

EXPAND OR DIE

gryph.8734

An assertion is provable or disprovable while an opinion is neither provable or disprovable. I’m going by what I learned in high school debate rather than strict dictionary definition.

gryph.8734

When games fail to put out new content, then the players move to something that does.

This is a certainty.

It’s debatable whether what Anet has put out for GW2 could be called ‘content’.

Yes, the Living Story was playable content – sort of.

The first season occurred in zones that already existed – so they amounted to a couple of new enemies that suddenly appeared according to scripted events…in zones that were already there.

The Tower of Nightmares got a little more interesting, because it actually changed a zone into something new. This was perhaps the beginning of the best aspect of the Living Story.

I actually like Kessex more now with all the destruction (though, if they do it right, even that should change over time).

And, of course, culminating with the destruction of Lions Arch – which is great, because it changes an otherwise static and boring world (boring only because you’ve seen it a million times).

These sorts of changes don’t come fast enough – that is, they could up the pace on this sort of ‘cataclysmic’ (c wut i dud thar) world changing events, and that would be pretty awesome. Although if they do it wrong (just wantonly destroy a new zone every three months, for no particular reason) it could get stale too….you have to be careful, which is why you have professional writers (are there any left at Anet) build the story for it first.

I wouldn’t mind seeing something akin to LS S1 happen every two (maybe three???) months.

HOWEVER

This should be in addition to opening up at least 1 completely new map every THREE months, OR releasing an expansion that opens up 3-4 new maps EVERY YEAR.

That is new content.

Oh, also a new class once every two years. A new weapon for each class, a handful of new utilities for everyone, and perhaps a new playable race as well (Tengu and Kodan would be perfect right now – would add just the right amount of freshness to the game, and I’d probably buy another character slot or two if they did that).

THAT’S new CONTENT.

How difficult is that to understand for people? Srsly?

That’s what an expansion is. A bunch of new maps, a new class, a new race, some new skills.

It doesn’t get any more straight forward than that, and if Anet isn’t releasing something akin to this, I can promise that tons of people will go looking for it elsewhere.

That’s what people crave, and it’s the REASON why we abandoned our LAST MMO for GW2.

Why did you quite (insert MMO name here _____________) to play GW2? Because you were bored with the lack of new content?

Why is Azeroth like 3 times the size of Tyria, and has MILLIONS of players?

Sure, GW2 hasn’t been out as long, but it HAS been out 2 years, which means it’s time for an EXPANSION.

EXPAND OR DIE

Except that WoW has been bleeding players steadily now for almost four years. And Pandaria didn’t really do much to reverse the trend. I really do understand where you’re coming from. I just don’t think it’s that simple.

Leo Paul.1659

An assertion is provable or disprovable while an opinion is neither provable or disprovable. I’m going by what I learned in high school debate rather than strict dictionary definition.

Learn to walk before you run.

gryph.8734

“Learn to walk before you run” is exactly what Anet tried to do with the NPE. Heh.

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

Feels more like learn to crawl before you walk imo.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Sorry Leo, but you’re wrong. I can make the assertion that you are naturally bald and as soon as people see you they will know whether or not this is true. And I can always have the opinion you’re bald even if I see you with full hair as that is my opinion which may not be changed by facts.

Edit: And as soon as I posted that you two got along So kind of dismiss this post, I was just ARRGHH because of all the hate on the forums and in the game today.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Leo Paul.1659

“Learn to walk before you run” is exactly what Anet tried to do with the NPE. Heh.

I concur, but being forced to walk when you know you can run seems to be the issue. But it seems they are fixing that already and I’m glad.

gryph.8734

I concur, but being forced to walk when you know you can run seems to be the issue. But it seems they are fixing that already and I’m glad.

Then hopefully it will make things right with the whiners veterans. Personally, I would tend to think that the veterans with multiple 80’s wouldn’t have as big of a dog in the hunt, but it’s hard for me to relate to as I only have 2 80’s.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I am not calling it quite quite yet. I enjoyed the first half of S2, but the game has plummeted downhill fast since then. I will stick around to see the winter conclusion of S2, but there will be no more financial support from me until there is a public apology and course correction released by Anet. If nothing changes by the end of S2 then I too will be calling it quits.

I just feel that Anet has taken a completely different direction and that direction is not appealing to me.

Leo Paul.1659

Sorry Leo, but you’re wrong. I can make the assertion that you are naturally bald and as soon as people see you they will know whether or not this is true. And I can always have the opinion you’re bald even if I see you with full hair as that is my opinion which may not be changed by facts.

I think you are confused. I am not arguing about the difference between assertion v opinion.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Maybe I am confused but it sure sounded like it.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Good luck in your future endeavors! Can I have your stuff? ;D

If i like Archeage as much as i hope i will gladly give you my stuff.

Bad news, I’ve been reading a lot of Archeage comments and one comparison keeps coming up again and again and again……

Guildwars2 :p

….nevermind the fact that A.A. seems to have even more darn furries in it than this game had. And we aaall know the saying about what they do to “everything”….

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

can i have your account please?

Would it be cool to live forever?

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

I’d be concerned if I really thought that was going to happen. As I don’t think that’s the road GW2 is going on…

Remember back when you said that you didn’t think there would be any server merges (IE megaserver) either?

But, do you think that you are?

gryph.8734

I’d be concerned if I really thought that was going to happen. As I don’t think that’s the road GW2 is going on…

Remember back when you said that you didn’t think there would be any server merges (IE megaserver) either?

But, do you think that you are?

I don’t recall ever saying anything here or elsewhere about server merges/megaservers. In fact, within the confines of my guild chat I distinctly remember saying that I didn’t know if it was technically feasible, but if it was I hoped they would. And they did. And I was happy.

Are you sure you don’t have me confused with someone else?

As for my thoughts on metrics, demographics, and who can or can’t claim to speak for the GW2 community or larger playerbase, I know it’s not me! Everything I say comes with the implicit caveat that I do not speak for anyone else except me, myself, and I. Whiners annoy me. If at any point in time I made so much as a pretense toward speaking on anyone else’s behalf in stating an opinion, I assure you it was the farthest thing from my actual intent.

Posted by: Stonecaduceus.5638

Stonecaduceus.5638

The end has come for me as well.
Between Fractured which was a giantkittento the fractal community and the complete fail way precursors and “legendaries” have been handled, my interest always waned. With this new insulting alt killing “feature pack” and the same ole boring content I’ve played for 2 years, enough is enough. Hope you new guys enjoy the game a while before you are struck with the reality of what this game will likely never become.

80 Guardian/Elementalist/Warrior
Wurm’s Bane
Jade Quarry

gryph.8734

The end has come for me as well.
Between Fractured which was a giantkittento the fractal community and the complete fail way precursors and “legendaries” have been handled, my interest always waned. With this new insulting alt killing “feature pack” and the same ole boring content I’ve played for 2 years, enough is enough. Hope you new guys enjoy the game a while before you are struck with the reality of what this game will likely never become.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Whiners annoy me.

For someone that despises whining and whiners, you sure do like to whine about them.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I had the pleasure of doing a fractal run with you lilith, it was a random run and i didn’t know who you were until about a couple days after i checked the dungeon forum section (i think). That run didn’t go well though, so i raged quit. sorry! lol. Anyway, good luck in whatever other game you play. I’m about to stop playing after this WvW tournament. I’ve been thinking about it though way before this patch came out.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

As for people that keep bringing up AA…

Archeage is nothing like GW2. For one, it’s tab-target without dodge. It has quest hubs, worse dungeons with 3 player limit, no raids, etc. All it has is open world pvp, where guilds will control open land, raze your house and ships, and you will be left helpless without a mega guild to protect you. It also uses labor points for everything… no seriously, literally for everything. If you want to harvest, craft, open loot, you will need labor points. Just think how “energy” works in those facebook games, and that’s archeage’s labor point system.

Leo Paul.1659

Archeage is nothing like GW2. For one, it’s tab-target without dodge. It has quest hubs, worse dungeons with 3 player limit, no raids, etc. All it has is open world pvp, where guilds will control open land, raze your house and ships, and you will be left helpless without a mega guild to protect you. It also uses labor points for everything… no seriously, literally for everything. If you want to harvest, craft, open loot, you will need labor points. Just think how “energy” works in those facebook games, and that’s archeage’s labor point system.

I’ve also seen a youtube feedback saying it would take around $200,000 to get the max equips or something. Is this true?

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Archeage sounds like what I wanted GW2 to be, sounds very interesting. I might be leaving GW sooner then I thought.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Archeage sounds like what I wanted GW2 to be, sounds very interesting. I might be leaving GW sooner then I thought.

It’s definitely not casual friendly, but I think it’ll occupy my time for a while, to say the least.
It also has capes, mounts, gliders, and naval battles.
There’s even player operated judicial system (reading the chat for the players on trial is hilarious).

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

It’s definitely not casual friendly, but I think it’ll occupy my time for a while, to say the least.
It also has capes, mounts, gliders, and naval battles.
There’s even player operated judicial system (reading the chat for the players on trial is hilarious).

I tried, seems fun and I’ll play it.

I really don’t want to ditch GW2, however. Its combat system is fabulous and it is a truly a shame to see its quality pale in comparison to the genuine clusterkittens we’ve had lately (broken dungeons, 2yearold bugs on skills, terrible party system that can be exploited by griefers).

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

With the recent changes and the direction the game is going, I think it’s time for me to bid you all a very fond farewell. Try not to complain too much without giving credible feedback and I hope they fix many of the things wrong with the feature pack that over killed me. I had some good memories these 2 years and I wish they could of lasted longer. Take care!

Safe travels. I feel like I’ll be headed in the same direction very soon. Everyone I made friendships and acquaintanceships with in Guild Wars have left for greener pastures. It feels like an empty vessel now. I stuck with the game because I believed in the developer. I believed in their manifesto, then I believed in their new direction.

I do not believe in the developer any longer. Statement after statement has been contradicted at a later point. They don’t seem willing or able to produce content for veterans aside from Living Story episodes. Part of me is glad my friends didn’t stick around to see our once cherished and admired franchise devolve into the mess it is now.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

ArchAge is funner than I thought it would be. It features many elements that GW2 promised but never delivered. The world feels vast and filled with wonder.

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I’m not leaving for good, but I absolutely will be on GW2 very very little after the 16th ..and yes, for Archeage. It’s not a perfect game. I do NOT like the lame uninspired traditional questing and I do NOT like the mob-tagging. The combat could obviously be better too, but it’s actually not so bad. I’ve played worse. I mean, at least it doesn’t generally root you in place from what I’ve experienced in the beta. Plus it has a really flexible multi-classing system like GW1 had, but even more so.

But the thing is, there’s just so many things you can do in that world, so many things you can interact with, etc. Basically, so many of the things we’ve been wanting in GW2 since the very beginning, it just has right away and some things I wouldn’t have even thought of. I’m not trying to “promote AA” or anything. But well, facts are facts. A lot of us vets are VERY let down by how much Anet has not delivered on and how much they appear to have ignored not only our new desires, but even our old ones from their own previous game.

I’m not saying I’ll be tied to AA forever. Guess we’ll have to see how that goes, but overall I was impressed with the beta. I won’t be far away from GW2. I’ll still keep up with new patches and such. But for the most part, I don’t expect to be spending a lot of time in Tyria anymore and it’s safe to say my gem-buying days are over for the foreseeable future. I’ve barely even been keeping up with dailies in GW2 for a while now as there just isn’t much in there that I feel matters, nothing for me to be very personally invested in.

There’s almost no player-driven content here or ability to interact with things or make any mark on the world. Just grinding the same instances and timer-based things over and over. I get on, try and knock out the daily, maybe do some world bosses if I’m feeling “adventurous” and then often times can’t wait to log off. By far the most significant thing I still do sometimes in guild WvW on Friday reset night. But even that I struggle to care about. It just doesn’t feel like anything we do in there matters. It’s shallow, meaningless, and regularly wiped. And sadly, this is the pinnacle of “player driven content” in this game. Everything else is even less meaningful and interesting. The LS stuff, while completely themepark, is still nice. But it’s coming in as only a tiny trickle of content that either doesn’t expand the world at all, or only does very very little. If it came with way more content (like an actual expansion), it would be of much more interest.

The latest Feature patch has not interested me in the slightest. I’m of course looking forward to the next LS update. Looks like it finally comes with some new geography again. But based on previous episodes, I’m expecting another 1/8 of a zone or something. Based on how much content they pushed out in GW1, I think we’re justified in hoping for an entire continent’s worth of zones within a year’s time. But at this rate we’ll be lucky if we finish getting one full-sized zone. And that’s to say nothing of all the other stuff we’d expect from “expansion-like content”.

I’ve been clinging to GW2 for a good while now for lack of anything “worthy” to do as an alternative, though I have put a lot of time into exploring other games. AA is basically out now and it brings a heck of a lot of things to the table, things I don’t believe Anet will ever even begin to give us. So yeah, going forward, for now, it seems that’s going to be more worth my time.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Am now actively looking for an alternative to GW2. Sad, really.

Archeage is a question mark, ESO is abysmal, Wildstar I won’t touch…and I’ll never go back to WoW.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Archeage got gutted before it made it to release. From what I tried of it during the open beta, it looks WoWified already. I talked to someone who tried the Russian version as well and what is going to be released here is a really watered down version in terms of complexity, apparently. :/

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Can I have your stuff?

And what game are you going to?

Lisa.6102

AA is picking up a lot of the disgruntled wvw players .

I played a few beta sessions and I actually like it (well I did until someone chopped down my not-so-hidden, hidden farm) . How good are the gliders! I quit playing GW2 probably about 8 months ago because I didn’t like the way it was heading and the constant churning of the living story was driving me batty.

I had returned last week after I found myself bored after AA beta finished, and quite honestly I loved this game a year ago , I don’t anymore. In fact I have found myself playing more and more GW1 over the lat few weeks.

I’m not gone completely yet, but I’m not here either.

(edited by Lisa.6102)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Take care man. good luck!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

BlueZone.4236

I played a few beta sessions and I actually like it (well I did until someone chopped down my not-so-hidden, hidden farm) . How good are the gliders!

Sounds like you were playing in a living, breathing world.
And yes, I love how open the world actually feels on a glider.
I haven’t boarded the airship in the beta, though seeing it’s shadow pass by made me go ’what the heck…amazing…".
Compared to what GW2 did with the air balloon during the Queen Pav living story…oh, hahahaha!

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I played a few beta sessions and I actually like it (well I did until someone chopped down my not-so-hidden, hidden farm) . How good are the gliders!

I haven’t boarded the airship in the beta, though seeing it’s shadow pass by made me go ’what the heck…amazing…".
Compared to what GW2 did with the air balloon during the Queen Pav living story…oh, hahahaha!

Enjoy the new feeling while it lasts.

Or words to that effect.

BlueZone.4236

Enjoy the new feeling while it lasts.

Indeed I will! That’s pretty much why it (and any new game) has an edge over GW2 right now. GW2 is old and stale.

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since there isn’t much basis for constructive discussion in this thread, it is now closed.