Talk about elitism

Talk about elitism

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

OK for all the warriors who wants to run COF, this is a request from a mesmer:

DO NOT go ahead of us during the flaming balls part, you will ruin our blink timing. -_-

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Talk about elitism

Posted by: OliverT.9021

OliverT.9021

I see your point, but I think that by speed-farming CoF P1, you’re playing exactly into ANet’s hands. Now they think, “See? Our requirements for Legendaries/Ascended/etc. are perfectly fine since so many players are still achieving it!” They don’t see that a lot of these players are gritting their teeth and forcing their way through what sounds like incredibly tedious repetition (assumption here. I’ve yet to even play a single dungeon) to get what they want.

We should have just put our foot down and insisted on easier or more diverse ways to obtain Precursors and other high end components rather than give in to the old cycle of grinding/farming for hundreds of hours. (To be fair to ANet here, they did ameliorate this somewhat by the introduction of Orrian Jewelry Boxes and Laurels.)

Yeah, that’s unfortunately only for the lodestones. You know things like the backpiece?

Wouldn’t you love to give that quiver of arrows to your ranger? You know you do right? Well, that’s 250 vials of powerful blood or 95 gold please.

What? You want another 5 agony resistance on it too? That would be another 250 globs of ectos or 55 gold coins.

Foams at the mouth

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Barbelo.5916

Barbelo.5916

Yeah, I perfectly understand this. I have a Bifrost and a fractal backpiece that cost 500 ectos. I’m no stranger to farming (although I never took the COF speed farming route till yesterday) and I love getting better and more efficient at things. But I don’t think the process turned me into an elitist kitten. If you keep kicking less experienced (or just less informed) players without any explanation you’ll most likely get even more inexperienced players the next time. But yeah, I suppose you guys don’t have time to explain anything.

IOJ [TRBO]

Talk about elitism

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

I argue my point. I never insult people. Other people call me names a whole lot more often than I call them names. I don’t agree with someone’s point and that makes me an elitist?

I think you are confusing the word with something else. I’ve never considered myself part of any elite. If anything, I have a relatively low opinion of myself. Nice try though.

It wasn’t directed at you, I used your words out of context to reply to whoever it was I was replying to. The words (again, taken out of context) from whatever it is you said seemed to apply quite well to someone who is apparently so anti-elitist. So don’t take it personally.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

So you were kicked for costing your team what sounds to me to be a matter a seconds on a speedrun? Yeah, that sounds about right. MMOs will always – ALWAYS – attract kittenes like the ones you’ve described. But luckily for us the community in this MMO is comprised mostly of friendly and helpful people.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I argue my point. I never insult people. Other people call me names a whole lot more often than I call them names. I don’t agree with someone’s point and that makes me an elitist?

I think you are confusing the word with something else. I’ve never considered myself part of any elite. If anything, I have a relatively low opinion of myself. Nice try though.

It wasn’t directed at you, I used your words out of context to reply to whoever it was I was replying to. The words (again, taken out of context) from whatever it is you said seemed to apply quite well to someone who is apparently so anti-elitist. So don’t take it personally.

No worries, mate, happens to us all.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I have been running CoF1 for a while, and from what Iv’e seen from those leader trying to find the perfect team, and kicking anyone who make them lose a couple second ( Iv’e been in party kicking people who have Exotic accessory instead of ascended ) They don’t realize how much time they actualy loose by doing so, sometime we we’re wasting 2-4 minute between every run because, this warrior died at slave driver, or this mesmer didnt do his feedback at the right moment. It’s very annoying and no fun to me, I rather do my 10-15 mins fun run, where people don’t get kicked for typing.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

On the TP, I make more money from the COF automatons than the automatons make from running COF. And I do this while playing parts of the game that are actually fun.

OP: don’t follow the blob. There are way better – and more fun – ways to make money in this game. Just spend an evening or two to work it out, and your gaming experience will improve significantly for the rest of your time in Guild Wars 2.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I’m so glad I’m not playing the game these speed runners are playing.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

→ break the homogeneity problem of COF speed clear groups.

• buff + nerf 100 blades: reduce damage by 25%, but make it usable while moving.
  • give slave driver a knockback.
downed state is bad for PVP

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

GLF4M CoF p1 speed run.. No Legendary No Invite. -_-

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Jester.3928

Jester.3928

Just sharing an experience I had. I have 3 level 80 toons, 2 of them are at FOTM scale 39+. I’ve also earned the Dungeon Master title and do daily random dungeon runs mostly with my guild but sometimes with a pug party. I’d like to think I’m not an elitist MOST of the time and in all my daily runs I’ve only ever initiated a kick once and it was not due to gear issues or “noob” behavior but simply because the player went afk at a crucial time (at the arm seals in a 30+ fractal) without any logical explanation.

So today I went with my fairly new but fully zerk-geared mesmer to my first COF p1 speed run with a pug group. I’ve done COF p1 countless times before, most of them with my guildmates. And yesterday I joined a “casual” speed farming pug group with my mesmer (had 1 ele and later 1 guard, not full zerk) that did well (did 1 run in an average of 15min). But the group I joined today was one of those elitist groups that wanted 4 zerk warriors and 1 zerk mesmer and demanded that we ping our gears. We finished 1 run in about 10min. I THOUGHT I did everything right including blink-porting them through the boulders (on my first try). Then after the run I got kicked. I asked two of them why. Only one of them was kind enough to reply and tell me what I should have done. He said I “didn’t pull the slave driver into the wall and didn’t time-warp fast enough”. Also I cast feedback late at the turrets (apparently they didn’t notice I cast Phantasmal warden before casting feedback). Other than that I did everything right, he said.

I am astonished at the level of elitism in the GW2 community now. And especially because from what I was told I only made minor errors that I could have easily changed. I’ve tolerated much worse mistakes from other players without raging or kicking. Wouldn’t it have been easier to tell me what I did wrong than risk getting a less experienced mesmer on the next run? Or is it really just easier to initiate a kick?

Stopped reading after you called non guild mates as the degrading name “pugs”, pot meet kettle

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

It’s always the same thing when something becomes speed clearable. There will be people who do it hundreds of times, and know what to do in every second of the run. Then if they see someone who doesn’t, they’ll be annoyed and want a replacement that’s as “pro” as they are. One of the reasons I avoid speed clears like the plague.

edit:

I’m so glad I’m not playing the game these speed runners are playing.

this, exactly

Talk about elitism

Barbelo.5916

I have been focusing on the negative. One of the members of that party did take the effort to show me what I should have done (even dying in the process because for some reason he wanted us to 2-man the first part). So yeah, they’re not all bad.

IOJ [TRBO]

(edited by Barbelo.5916)

Talk about elitism

Barbelo.5916

Stopped reading after you called non guild mates as the degrading name “pugs”, pot meet kettle

Since when did that become derogatory? PUG just stands for “pick-up group”, a party of random people doing a dungeon. And I join PUGs every day for FOTM runs because most of my guildmates are not keen on doing it. I have joined PUGs since I started playing and I still continue to.

IOJ [TRBO]

Talk about elitism

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Sounds pretty ridiculous. I did around 100 pug runs and never encountered this. We also played with mixed groups. I almost always play guardian. I never encountered a) class limitations (ok let’s face it: guards and warriors are always welcome). Yet, even with all the stuff, we also had Rangers, Engineers whatsoever in our group. We finish often in 8-10 mins, so I simply can’t see any problems. From time to time, there are groups that may fail or die at some point. The run takes 1-2mins longer. Who the hell cares?

Also, was this on US or EU server?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Do you even know what a PUG is?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Simple solution only pug if you start the dungeon then you can do the kicking :-)

Actually, I want to start because I will stick with it to the end and not just quit if things aren’t perfect.

OP: I seriously hope those people are a small minority. Sadly a very visible and arrogant one. They are the kind of people I avoid at all cost. Because of similar people (not quite as bad as those) I no longer can persuade my daughter to run a dungeon. I think that is very sad.

There are plenty of wonderful people in game. Even some of the ‘elite’ guys are pretty nice. Not all, but some. Try to just let it go, ignore those people and find company that appreciates you.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Elitism in PvE…
Please discuss about who kills brainless mobs with repeating patterns faster, harder and better : -D.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I love it when people play an MMO and do dungeons then claim GW1 wasn’t an MMO.
Why?
In GW2, dungeons are five person instances.
In GW1, they were EIGHT person instances.

Newsflash: If you’re playing instanced content, you’re not playing an MMO.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Why?

GW1 = besides towns it’s 100% instances
GW2 = all open world, except dungeons

By your logic Starcraft II isn’t a strategy game because it has a shooting mini-game.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Talk about elitism

Barbelo.5916

Sounds pretty ridiculous. I did around 100 pug runs and never encountered this. We also played with mixed groups. I almost always play guardian. I never encountered a) class limitations (ok let’s face it: guards and warriors are always welcome). Yet, even with all the stuff, we also had Rangers, Engineers whatsoever in our group. We finish often in 8-10 mins, so I simply can’t see any problems. From time to time, there are groups that may fail or die at some point. The run takes 1-2mins longer. Who the hell cares?

Also, was this on US or EU server?

US server.

I do enjoy PUGs though, to be honest. I enjoy it because I usually learn new things from these groups which I then introduce to my guildmates. I also like the challenge. I did join the that COF speed run group because I wanted to challenge myself and be better with my mesmer after having already explored my guardian’s skills and capabilities pretty thoroughly by doing fotm 30+ everyday with random people of different classes. But that experience in COF was just really upsetting and that’s coming from someone who’s used to a lot of ranting and rage-quitting from party members as I was leveling my 2 toons in fotm. At least the ranters help sometimes by telling you what you did wrong. The COF party I joined didn’t help at all except for that one member.

IOJ [TRBO]

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Im happy i havent had an experience like this

I play on piken square and every pug dungeon ive joined(every dungeon ive done, i only got one good friend to call upon) has been a positive experience. Ive ran through CoF p1 3times in my gametime and even then when i whiped the first time no one raged and no one kicked, i got advice and we continued on.

Ive done most of the other dungeons, and the only once did anyone get annoyed about whiping, and that one person wasnt an kitten about it. He said he just wasnt in the mood for whiping right now so we should find a new player to join up, we did and finished the dungeon.

So i really haven’t seen this side of the community.. what ive seen of gw2 community so far is amazing compared to any other MMO ive played ^^ I wonder if i just got lucky or if it is my server.
But yeah sucks what happened to you, avoid joining pugs in cof1 i guess :P

And i think the reasoning behind being so elitist about cof1 because you want to save time for your legendary is a pretty poor one… just because you want something fast doesnt mean you should be a kitten about it

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

hey…. should’nt this thread be in the dungeon sub forum? all it talks is about cof.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

I find the kind of people the OP is describing honestly hilarious, they are just asking to be preyed on.

Talk about elitism

darkace.8925

hey…. should’nt this thread be in the dungeon sub forum? all it talks is about cof.

No. It’s a discussion about the community, not about dungeons.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Why?

GW1 = besides towns it’s 100% instances
GW2 = all open world, except dungeons

By your logic Starcraft II isn’t a strategy game because it has a shooting mini-game.

The point passed you by somewhat.
There are a lot of players who ONLY play dungeons and fractals. They’re not playing an MMO.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

At 10 minutes you should have kicked them. I had a group with a necro an engineer a ranger a guardian and a thief (me) and we were doing 8 minute runs. 10 minutes for a 4 war/mesmer group is like double the time it should take you.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Oofta.8036

Oofta.8036

Hell I consider not dying a successful trip. I have to wonder what all the rush is about. It’s like people are in a self imposed race against…time? You aren’t paying a subscription so why is there that angst about getting “there” faster?

Slow down, enjoy the game.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

The problem I have with the warriors in the scenario of that speed run is much the issue I have with DPS players in trinity based MMOs who want speed runs.

The mesmer in that situation had almost all of the hard parts that required perfect timing and excellent knowledge of the situation. The warriors were, for the most part, a peanut gallery. Compared to everything the mesmer had to do, their part was a cake walk.

It’s no different, IMO, to a DPS player in a trinity system whining and complaining because the tank lost aggro on a single mob during a full room pull of 20+ npcs or the healer couldn’t keep the tank up in that situation. All they have to do is just follow their rotation mindlessly, so they are the last people I want to hear any kind of criticism from against the people who ARE doing the difficult work in the group.

I don’t mind an elitist healer if I’m the tank or an elitist tank if I’m the healer, but if I’m the only person, or part of a pair out of 5, that is doing all the difficult work, I don’t want a hear a peep from the rest who are have simple jobs that barely require them to look away from whatever TV show they are watching while running.

Talk about elitism

darkace.8925

The problem I have with the warriors in the scenario of that speed run is much the issue I have with DPS players in trinity based MMOs who want speed runs.

The mesmer in that situation had almost all of the hard parts that required perfect timing and excellent knowledge of the situation. The warriors were, for the most part, a peanut gallery. Compared to everything the mesmer had to do, their part was a cake walk.

It’s no different, IMO, to a DPS player in a trinity system whining and complaining because the tank lost aggro on a single mob during a full room pull of 20+ npcs or the healer couldn’t keep the tank up in that situation. All they have to do is just follow their rotation mindlessly, so they are the last people I want to hear any kind of criticism from against the people who ARE doing the difficult work in the group.

I don’t mind an elitist healer if I’m the tank or an elitist tank if I’m the healer, but if I’m the only person, or part of a pair out of 5, that is doing all the difficult work, I don’t want a hear a peep from the rest who are have simple jobs that barely require them to look away from whatever TV show they are watching while running.

/slow clap

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

The lfg messages for CoF p1 get increasingly stupid as each day goes by, Now being required to ping your gear to prove your zerker upon joining group is the norm. The super serious farmers have more requirements for their groups than high level fractals or arah 4 recruitment. It’s like… your community college having tougher standards to attend than Yale.

Anyways, CoF p1 really needs to buffed to make it harder. The designer of this dungeon failed majorly, even when he fixed the early “exploits” that made it the quickest and easiest dungeon, it still is the quickest and easiest dungeon.

Talk about elitism

darkace.8925

Anyways, CoF p1 really needs to buffed to make it harder.

I agree, but these forums are going to insufferable for a few days after the increase in difficult is implemented (if it ever is).

Talk about elitism

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

I agree, but these forums are going to insufferable for a few days after the increase in difficult is implemented (if it ever is).

Definitely worth enduring, CoF p1 spam is more annoying

EU / Aurora Glade

Talk about elitism

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

Let me get this straight. The OP’s mistake was:
1. Didnt pull slave driver into the wall.
2. Didnt time warp fast enough.
3. Didn’t cast feedback fast enough.

And for that you get kicked? OMG I am so thankful for being in my guild then. I’d have been kicked a hundred times over by such people. I ran several CoF p1 farms recently. We never really did #1, is it really THAT necessary? As for the other 2 points, well, I get that some people want to do fast runs and all but I feel like that just crosses the line. It’s not like the OP didn’t do it at all.

The person that told me all this said we would have saved “about 20 secs” had I done everything perfectly.

If it makes you feel any better, they must have sucked if it took you 10 minutes to do that run. I did it in 7 minutes with 2 engineers, 2 thieves and myself (mesmer) and we were a PUG that wasn’t advertised as speed run.

The whole CoF speed run thing is a joke tbh and if you use the LFG web tool you will find there are many groups that don’t have such high ridiculous expectations that you do everything some guy on a youtube video did.

I do think that speccing for DPS is a big advantage in that dungeon, although I don’t think asking for people to do that is elitist, just efficient.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

What are you trying to accomplish? Eliminate runners? The only way to do that is to put up hard walls that don’t go down until some enemies have been defeated.
Besides that, no matter how hard you make a dungeon, there’s always going to be people running through skipping as many fights as they can, and optimizing fights.

Besides, the moment you make a fight harder, it hurts not just those who have gotten really good at a it, but everyone else too, even those other people were having a hard time before.

Are ye laughin’ yet?

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I tend to help people improve by telling them about minor stuff they could do like that rather than complain at them or kick. Elitist don’t want to be helpful though. At least he wasn’t a nerdrage type, unless he was doing it in their vent. :P Screaming into his mic that the Mesmer time warped a few seconds too late. Those are the people I generally consider Elitist the most.

I’ve farmed the crap outa dungeons (have incinerator), at most I’ve only been kicked simply for being a Thief upon joining since everyone’s so Heavy obsessed. Or I’ll join a fractal grp and ppl will leave or kick saying “Sorry need a tank (or Guardian).” Yet I’ve done full light/medium grp 30+ runs with better ease. Think some people just haven’t gotten over their previous MMO addictions. Though there’ve been times I personally kicked an Elitist myself just because they were constantly raging at another player over dumb things enough to annoy me.

What I find odd about these people is the amount of time they waste before starting the Full zerk war+ mesmer speed run. Wouldn’t that cancel out the whole point?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Our guild does COF p1 runs and i hadn’t done one in ages. We completed it in 8 minutes and i was on a d/d ele with a mes, 2 wars and a necro. I think only one war was in zerker and we did have to reset at the alters. Seems horrible to think you’d get the kick for anything remotely close to what you said even happened. I think the only time I’ve ever seen anyone kicked is when they went offline for over 5 minutes (we assumed they had connection issues).

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Mumu.6203

Mumu.6203

10 min with 1 Mesmer & 4 zerk Warriors while doing ok with the flame balls room ?

Clearly something wrong with those warriors …

Talk about elitism

Grounder.7381

in my opinion, its all about attitude. some people use threats, mock, and order people around like everyone is their lacky or something. a bareable speed is ok, but against suck up attitude? id rather be in a sub-par parties than put up hours with these kinds of people!

Talk about elitism

Grounder.7381

10 min with 1 Mesmer & 4 zerk Warriors while doing ok with the flame balls room ?

Clearly something wrong with those warriors …

its how they trick people! these warriors have 2 sets of COF armor piecess. notice i said cof because they’re easily farmable. 1 goes full ruby, the others goes full “magic find”. they ping their rubies and proceed with cof skinned pirates. as soon as you feel something is wrong with the dps of the party, i advice to abandon it right away, cause the chances are, most of em are leechers.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Joyful Blue.7392

Joyful Blue.7392

I feel for you, I really do. I’ve not had anything like this happen to me thankfully but I think that’s down to me avoiding these sort of groups to the best of my ability.

I don’t mind groups that are set up to do speed runs of certain areas, if they wanna farm CoF1 with full zerk gear then that’s their choice, but some of the postings you see on GW2lfg are dripping with elitism or idiocy just by looking at them.

“LFWARRIOR COF P1 SPEEDRUN FARM ALL ZERK GEAR 1 HOUR + PING ALL GEAR ON JOIN NO NOOBS”

Seeing that kind of post instantly tells me that at least one person in that group is a fool, probably the rest of them are too for joining such a group.

Maybe I’m being elitist there…?

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Haven’t read the whole thread, but I imagine there’s a tiny extra detail to this story. I’d say it’s most likely that they had a replacement mesmer available who they had run with before (and that it wasn’t a true pug, but an organized group who were just short a man). Unless the OP was explicitly told they weren’t good enough and kicked for being “bad” I’d assume they were kicked so someone’s friend could join who was allegedly “better” at it.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Your story definitely sucks, but imo that is what you should expect if you sign up for speed runs. Speed runs are called that, because the people who run it want to run it in the fastest possible way. Naturally, they felt they could be faster with someone else.

Anyway, sorry that you had such a cruddy experience.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Sorry but this isn’t the level of elitism is the Guild Wars 2 community. This is one group of elitists in the Guild Wars 2 community. I’ve never played an MMO that didn’t have elitists. Even Guild War 1, not a true MMO, had elitists. It’s unavoidable.

You’re right to be kitten off. But please don’t paint the entire community with one brush. I think by percentage there’s less elitism in this game than most MMOs. You just got dealt a bad hand.

I hope so. I suppose you don’t really notice it until you’re the one being kicked. I have seen elitists in many FOTM parties that I let slide because it didn’t happen to me. I have seen members kick other members over gear issue and I didn’t do anything because I wanted to stay in the party.

You’re usually best of joining a guild of like minded people and running with them. It’s much better than pugging anyway, at least for me.

There are horror stories of elitism in every game I’ve ever played, but far less here than in most. That’s because the game is designed to be less competitive. There’s no DPS meters, so no one can look at your DPS and say you haven’t done your job. There’s no gear score to exclude you up front. Some people say the achievement point leaderboard is a step in that direction, but if so it’s a baby step. I’m pretty sure Anet isn’t trying to design a game that fosters elitism.

I’ve seen LFG’s demanding 3500+ Achievement points before the leaderboards… I guess it escaped their little brains that someone could have easily got all their points from salvaging junk.

Lol. That is so true. I am proof of this. I have gone to two dungeons since Beta, 3 if you count the min-dungeon in Disseau. I have no idea what to do in a dungeon and only go when a guildie is desperate for another warm body in their party.
That said, I have almost 3600 pts from WvW, slayer, JP, etc.
Pinging my gear & my achievement pts. would get me in the party but the first 5sec afterwards; I would be kicked.
When I do a dungeon I try to be prepared by watching a video or making sure to do exactly what I’m told/when. The way things have gotten, there is way too much pressure. I think I’ll stick to the occasional dungeon with guild members.
Besides the most fun I’ve had in this game so far was 5 brand new players jumping into the mini-dungeon and none of us knew what to do. Took forever to finish but it was full of laughs and wipes and good times until we beat the last boss.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

This is why I stopped doing dungeons with pugs..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Let me get this straight. The OP’s mistake was:
1. Didnt pull slave driver into the wall.
2. Didnt time warp fast enough.
3. Didn’t cast feedback fast enough.

And for that you get kicked? OMG I am so thankful for being in my guild then. I’d have been kicked a hundred times over by such people. I ran several CoF p1 farms recently. We never really did #1, is it really THAT necessary? As for the other 2 points, well, I get that some people want to do fast runs and all but I feel like that just crosses the line. It’s not like the OP didn’t do it at all.

The person that told me all this said we would have saved “about 20 secs” had I done everything perfectly.

The irony is it probably took more than 20 secs to explain that to you. What is so important in these people’s lives that they think that kind of behaviour is acceptable over 20 seconds lost time? Don’t they realise they’re playing an MMO? It’s by definition a total waste of time.

Oh well, let them continue to be delusional sadsacks. Treating people that way must make for a very lonely existance.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Talk about elitism

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Use the block!

It saves you the headache for a second meeting with the same people.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

As I follow this thread, I have to say, I realized that while I have done runs with pugs, it’s always one of my team mates that post or search for ppl at gw2lfg. I’ve never been to that site myself until just now. Looking at all the “speed run, exp only” and most especially “full zerk, ping gear” comments… I had to just lol. It’s like an epidemic :P I’m so thankful to be in good guild :P

20 seconds is just weak reasoning to behave all rude.

Talk about elitism

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I purposely don’t join any speed run because of stories like this. I know everything that would be required of a speed run mesmer, and I do do those in pug cof runs. But if I ever see someone in my party gear checking or booting for being a noob, I’m leaving that party.

I do wonder what the difference in time is between how much they can shave off with a 100% efficient mesmer vs. time to find said mesmer. I’d love to hear that they then spent half an hour interviewing mesmers to find one would make their runs 1 minute shorter… then only do 10 runs with them!