Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

I find it illogical that the harder dragon, Claw of Jormag, is easier to kill than Tequatl. I mean cmon! Balance him out. If anything it should’ve been CoJ that should been the harder one.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Now that the Symbolic Avenger Trait has been disabled there will be a sharp drop in the success rates of the teq event.Maybe that will help speed up the much needed fix.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Now that the Symbolic Avenger Trait has been disabled there will be a sharp drop in the success rates of the teq event.Maybe that will help speed up the much needed fix.

Or maybe it will just prove that it is still very much doable and it is simply a matter of people having to adjust to the changes?

Time will tell.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Or maybe it will just prove that it is still very much doable and it is simply a matter of people having to adjust to the changes?

Time will tell.

Yeah no…

he is stupidly overtuned. If you want to drive players away from the game then leave him as is, otherwise fix him.

lordkrall.7241

Yeah no…

he is stupidly overtuned. If you want to drive players away from the game then leave him as is, otherwise fix him.

Yeah, I am sure the whole playerbase will leave the game because a single fight requires some slight planning and organization….

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

It’s doable because I just did it with a group (unless there’s some other bug I don’t know about)..

BUT

It takes more organization and if you get players unwilling to listen at all, kiss it goodbye. I got lucky to walk into a guild and their friends doing it and trust me, that makes all the difference. We finished with about 4 min on the clock.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Wow, man, some people are really acting like the game is now not casual anymore, because Teq has larger HP. Seriously, 98% of the game is causal, can’t you let hardcore players have at least something? That’s pretty selfish. Plus he’s not really that hard, even casuals should be able to do it, you just need enough people and use at least 1% of your brains.

eldrin.6471

As i have said before i done teq every single day for over 9 months and it was balanced fine,If it is anets intention to make this event another triple trouble team speak ip hoping fiasco then they can stick there expansion were the sun don’t shine.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Wow, man, some people are really acting like the game is now not casual anymore, because Teq has larger HP. Seriously, 98% of the game is causal, can’t you let hardcore players have at least something?

They already have 2 out of 3 gamemodes…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

It’s doable….

BUT

It takes more organization and if you get players unwilling to listen at all, kiss it goodbye.

From PUG??? Anet’s logic just sucks, if this is the direction they taking, I think I’ll skip HoT.

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Wow, man, some people are really acting like the game is now not casual anymore, because Teq has larger HP. Seriously, 98% of the game is causal, can’t you let hardcore players have at least something?

They already have 2 out of 3 gamemodes…

That’s like saying dungeons are only for hardcore players or only for zerkers or whatever.. People are playing things differently. I have played bunch of pvp games, some casually, others competitively.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Yeah no…

Yeah, I am sure the whole playerbase will leave the game because a single fight requires some slight planning and organization….

Maybe not the entire playerbase, but the likely the ones that want the instant gratification (MANY). Up till now Teq was getting done fairly regularly simply because you could do a LFG and get a taxi onto a map within 15 minutes (sometime less) of the event and have a good chance it would succeed. If it is kept the same the LFGs will dwindle and only organized groups will even bother; similar to TT.

Not a good selling point for an open world event. I am sure ANet have the numbers, but seeing as the size of this thread on the subject many here are not happy with the new difficulty. We already jumped trough the hoops once to learn the fight, why must we do it again simply because ANet’s fix is to just give him more health?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I am not arguing lack of skill nor lack of trying. What i am arguing is that RANGING cannot complete teq anymore!

Ranging can do it. It’d just require pretty much everyone to be Staff Eles if the person is going Power. With the Staff fields you can very reasonably hit the crit spot, and you’ll deal basically the same damage as if you were on top of them (it’s all down to not being as effective for stacking Might, which you can just assume there are people stacking Might over in the new location for a serious run).

Staff ele should stand in the crit spot, camera faced down a little, with no target (and turn off auto target). This causes your attacks to land at your feet. Look up, and your attacks fly off into the sky. My autoattack on staff ele crits here. Why would you want to miss out on that? As long as the majority are in the crit spot and turrets are cleansing, my zerker staff ele stays alive and deals maximum damage in the crit spot.

People are still shouting in maps that you crit on his head. You do not crit on his head! If I stand at range and attack, I get no crits.

eldrin.6471

Its not like saying it,it is saying it,dungeons,fractals,spvp lock out the vast majority of players due to the elitist attitude exhibited by some players.

lordkrall.7241

As i have said before i done teq every single day for over 9 months and it was balanced fine,If it is anets intention to make this event another triple trouble team speak ip hoping fiasco then they can stick there expansion were the sun don’t shine.

But that is just the thing: It was balanced around how conditions and crits worked against them before the patch that increased their health.

They can’t have the same stats on it while at the same time massively increase the incoming damage.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

[/quote]

No one said it was impossible. There’s literally dozens of posts of people saying they successfully completed it. What most people are saying is that what was typically a relatively easygoing experience suddenly turned into a huge banal chore filled with raging and flaming. “Get with a group. Join a guild. Get organized.”

What is it about “Casual Gaming Experience” that you don’t get? I don’t want to schedule my life around guild events. What was a casual experience is no longer casual. The casual players who WERE enjoying this content ARE NO LONGER. This is not acceptable. Your arguments do not change that content that was open and relatively organized is being gated toward large, non-casual, organized groups. Sorry. I don’t have time or inclination to join your guild. I don’t want to join your teamspeak. I want to watch a fight and learn how it works by observation and simple instruction. Like pretty much 80% of the game population wants. I want to be rewarded for my time without some ridiculous margin of error that wastes my time. As Tequatl is now, it’s a stupid gamble that I won’t participate in. Might as well blow all my money salvaging blues from the marketplace. It’s far more rewarding, far less rage-inducing and about as fun as waiting 30 mins to prepare for a fight I might not get rewarded for.[/quote]

You nail it, acutally what most hardcore people clayers and so selfcall “elites” cant get (and that kitten me off), is that theres a lot of people that play for fun and doesn’t live to (like you say) “schedule my life around guild events”; theres a lot of people that like my self work all day and have time to go on a world boss train and farming… them comes the people that say… “JUST SKIP IT”… like most people do with triple trouble, well thats so discriminatory… in the end the game is called GUILD WARS… but not guild agains guild… just elite hardcore harrasers with no repect for players insulting people on mapchat and forums…. sad days for the community, getting broken day by day.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So there are two world bosses that require some degree of coordination and since this level of effort is supposedly above what “casuals” are capable of then this must be inherently wrong?

If Anet released elite maps in some form like they had in GW1 that required teamwork and coordination, would all those complaining about Teq be in an uproar against that because they’re not what you labeled as “casual friendly”?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Taiyoroku.1028

ok so i read previous post, the “elites” and “Hard core” are saying that 98% of the game is ment for casuals… please Anet, make maps for elites or a better idea make a new game for elties…. no maybe thats to discriminatory, just make a server for them, couse sadly theres a lot of people that actually have a life and have to work, people that saldy dont have time to make theyr toons killing machines to BRAG on peoples face what such a loser they are… i wish this community wastn that broken… games are suppose to be fun, and most if you can play with friendly people, but thats not the case here anymore, and the SILENCE of the DEV’s is even more awesome

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

So there are two world bosses that require some degree of coordination and since this level of effort is supposedly above what “casuals” are capable of then this must be inherently wrong?

If Anet released elite maps in some form like they had in GW1 that required teamwork and coordination, would all those complaining about Teq be in an uproar against that because they’re not what you labeled as “casual friendly”?

It isn’t the “hardcore” part that is annoying. Its the lack of rewards. The rewards simply don’t justify the effort. I’ve been asking for hardcore instanced raids and dungeons since launch. But Teq is an open world fight and should be doable by everybody with proportional rewards.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I am really hoping for elite maps. I really hope Anet comes through on that challenging content. People will probably complain, but hopefully Anet sticks to their guns and keeps it difficult.

And by the way, just because the game is casual does not mean it should be faceroll. I consider myself a casual player. I might use meta specs, but speedclear dungeons is not my thing. I have a job and have only so much time for the game, but I still want to see more difficult open world content for me and my guild to have fun with. There is plenty of very easy content for those who want that. There is very little large scale content for a guild to do together. Anet needs to address this. People need to remember there are plenty of casual players that want harder content and don’t want to faceroll through everything. Catering to faceroll only will ruin this game.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It isn’t the “hardcore” part that is annoying. Its the lack of rewards. The rewards simply don’t justify the effort. I’ve been asking for hardcore instanced raids and dungeons since launch. But Teq is an open world fight and should be doable by everybody with proportional rewards.

They could increase the rewards but within time those rewards would be worth as much as dungeon tokens are to those that have farmed dungeons since launch.

eldrin.6471

There was nothing wrong with teq before the patch on the 23 June . i seen no large scale complaints on these forums.I fully understand that the patch made it to easy but the knee jerk reaction buy anet went over the top and has once again caused friction and anger in the community.It could be that they are working to adjust this event to get it back on par with the way it was pre 23 june .No one knows there intentions and that is what i find unacceptable.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

They could increase the rewards but within time those rewards would be worth as much as dungeon tokens are to those that have farmed dungeons since launch.

I have somewhere in the realm of 200+ Tequatl kills and haven’t seen a single ascended chest or teq box drop once.

So even if they doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled the drop rate that still wouldn’t be the case.

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

just did teq, and i think it was realy cool.
not easy, but doable. I was probably lucky to but
this felt better then to see him melt.

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

Taiyoroku.1028

There was nothing wrong with teq before the patch on the 23 June . i seen no large scale complaints on these forums.I fully understand that the patch made it to easy but the knee jerk reaction buy anet went over the top and has once again caused friction and anger in the community.It could be that they are working to ajust this event to get it back on par with the way it was pre 23 june .No one knows there intentions and that is what i find unacceptable.

i totally feel you, i mean… DEVS are like: “did you know god work in misteryus ways”; or we change WB … “becouse reasons”… double hp… same reward with only 2g diferense… for what 1 hour of wating to be in the “proper hard core / elite” map… just a sujestion… THE NEW ANET MOTTO: “COUSE BORING IS THE NEW FUN”

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Just did a failed Teq, everyone that can make a different did their part; no scale buff, easy defending stages. But too low dps in the damage phases due to the humongous HP pool and no exploits being used.

So exciting to fail this 3 yo encounter that still haven’t given me anything noteworthy after hours upon hours spent.

kitten ANET and their kittening trolling good for nothing devs.

Posted by: OumaShu.4502

OumaShu.4502

Just did a failed Teq, everyone that can make a different did their part; no scale buff, easy defending stages. But too low dps in the damage phases due to the humongous HP pool and no exploits being used.

So exciting to fail this 3 yo encounter that still haven’t given me anything noteworthy after hours upon hours spent.

kitten ANET and their kittening trolling good for nothing devs.

A bit uncalled for. Apparently you guys didn’t have the best DPS for the situation. Anet isn’t as bad as you make them out to be…

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

So zerker (I’ve always been) is a requirement at bosses now? Or exploits? Considering how fast the trash died dps were way above an average pre-buffed run.

Apart from some QoL updates, the whole game is in the same state at best than it was at launch 3 freaking years ago, epic failure IMO. All the old temp LS content is gone so it look even worse. As is thinking a double HP bar can change the mind of all the casual “play-how-I-wants” who cry here every day about what an unfair advantage zerkers have. Yeah, i’ve heard trolls feed off tears so… 1+1…

Posted by: Briadonis.8907

Briadonis.8907

Failed Teq with a semi-organized map yesterday and Triple Trouble today with TTS, very well organized…. These events are just not scaled properly now with the health buff… Something needed to be done but doubling the health was just too much for these events the way they are setup… you need to increase the burn phases or reduce the health.

Only way it was succeeding regularly since the health buff was because of the guardian trait which just got disabled.

Both of these “fixes” are terribly unthoughtful. Why doesn’t Arenanet do some testing before unleashing stuff on the public?

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I’m really sorry for the frustration of everyone failing. I stopped doing my 1-3x daily Teq because I do Teq to engage in a co-operative event, have fun, use tactics, and kill a dragon and that upscale made it toxic and frustration unless you get lucky and wander into a guild map or one with the best pugs ever.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

eldrin.6471

Throw us a crumb anet, is teq going to be fixed so we can all get back to having some fun?

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Urgh.

Just failed my third attempt since the changes – this time I was in a very organised PUG with a couple of smaller Guild groups as I recall – all the Commanders were explaining tactic changes to everyone beforehand – putting people in the right places…Im not wasting yet another 40 + minutes in this every time.

You know in WoW they never decided to upscale a Raid Boss several years after its arrival in game – I think there was a kitten good reason for that.

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

We just killed it. Your argument that it is impossible without bugabuse is invalid

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

i can concur with immortal, second time today.
but as i said before, maybe i was lucky.
it was a bit of a mess, but people kept on it and we made it

edit: i maybe seeing things, but in this crit spot i do less damage with crits, then i did before on his feet, anyone else sees this?

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

(edited by innocens.1582)

Posted by: GlitchyBat.3682

GlitchyBat.3682

Just ran yet another Tequatl. Success at about 2 minutes, burns got progressively better, except people get lazy by the last sliver of health and stop rezzing/reflecting/etc. Bad move but otherwise it feels like most Teq runners are starting to adapt to this. May still be too lucky, as we had some defences secured by [TTS] or whoever. Might also be wise to have someone who can stay still and be very tanky stand on the crit spot, since they don’t have to move wildly around like a berzerker to stay alive and people can focus on stacking at the tag a lot better. Having passed to a guardian may have helped immensely in our fight.

I think as people adapt to this longer, less forgiving Teq, the fixing of crits will make him about the same difficulty as he was before the Unbalancing Update. Less awkward stacking and survivability needed when you can properly crit his toenails.

[OWLS] Priory Elder Dragon Research Team
[EDS] Elder Dragon Sympathizers

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

We used to do Teq daily. However now it just seems insanely difficult for the casual gamer to do. I know and can see that many of you have done this successfully since the patch, however I am guessing that you are on extremely well organised servers or are in large guilds.

I am on Aurora Glade and we are organised, but not the the extent that Teq now requires. I like bosses been difficult, but not to the point where you are effectively excluding smaller guilds & less well organised servers from getting the kill.

Now I know alot of you are going to say things like “Learn to Play” or “Get organised better”, but this isnt about either of them. It is about balance and Teq at the moment is in no way balanced.

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

i can concur with immortal, second time today.
but as i said before, maybe i was lucky.
it was a bit of a mess, but people kept on it and we made it

edit: i maybe seeing things, but in this crit spot i do less damage with crits, then i did before on his feet, anyone else sees this?

crit spot is just 1.5x dps, wheras the true double dps spot is non critable but you will do more dmg on that one in total. use critspot when he lands, use non-critable double dps spot during burnphase

xarallei.4279

Failed Teq with a semi-organized map yesterday and Triple Trouble today with TTS, very well organized…. These events are just not scaled properly now with the health buff… Something needed to be done but doubling the health was just too much for these events the way they are setup… you need to increase the burn phases or reduce the health.

No, absolutely no. TTS did TT last night post guardian fix just fine. And we barely did any set up at all. TT does not need a nerf in any shape or form.

Posted by: Jace.1348

Jace.1348

People truly, truly seem to be missing the point. This is an open-world event. Not an instance. You cannot choose who to bring. They did not make the fight “difficult.” They made it a dps check. People keep saying L2P. Pretty decent chance that people coming to the forums know how to play and are sick of getting thrown into a map with people who they did not choose to bring who haven’t Min/Maxed their characters and refuse to WP or stack or use a turret. Please explain to me how to make these players do that? They are probably not reading the forums if they aren’t even reading the chat on screen before the fight. There is no way to kick them out of the map.

Open-World content should not be where gear check and dps race events occur. Buffing the health of a boss with a timer and seeing if you can beat the clock is not a challenge. It’s just boring.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

We used to do Teq daily. However now it just seems insanely difficult for the casual gamer to do. I know and can see that many of you have done this successfully since the patch, however I am guessing that you are on extremely well organised servers or are in large guilds.

I am on Aurora Glade and we are organised, but not the the extent that Teq now requires. I like bosses been difficult, but not to the point where you are effectively excluding smaller guilds & less well organised servers from getting the kill.

Now I know alot of you are going to say things like “Learn to Play” or “Get organised better”, but this isnt about either of them. It is about balance and Teq at the moment is in no way balanced.

There is a problem with your post. There aren’t individual servers anymore except for WvW. All the EU and all the NA servers are dumped together for PvE events. If you are there, the map has everyone doing Teq from your data center put on that map, all the servers together, until it fills up and another shard is started. So there aren’t organized/disorganized servers or servers that have a population problem, at least not for PvE.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Hapmuhr.2781

Hapmuhr.2781

I’ve run six Teqs since the change, all failed. I’m on an EU server as well and tonight, I simply could not find a pug for Teq, nor could I find anyone advertising taxis there.

I couldn’t run Teq now even if I wanted to, everyone seems to agree that he’s impossible, therefore it’s not even worth trying.

eldrin.6471

Marketing genius at its finest.kitten of a large chunk of your customers in the run up to the launch of a new product. Then when they complain on the forums you set up for just that purpose hide your head in the sand and pretend all is well.

xarallei.4279

It’s ONE kitten boss. Anet has better things to do with their time at the moment (not to mention it’s a holiday weekend), especially when boss farmers have plenty of bosses to kill.

eldrin.6471

It’s ONE kitten boss. Anet has better things to do with their time at the moment (not to mention it’s a holiday weekend), especially when boss farmers have plenty of bosses to kill.

TOTALY FORGOT ABOUT THE GEM STORE

Briadonis.8907

No, absolutely no. TTS did TT last night post guardian fix just fine. And we barely did any set up at all. TT does not need a nerf in any shape or form.

The one we did this afternoon failed… good for you that yours succeeded… We were not even close to finishing. Ask other people in TTS who were there.

Just did another organized Teq and it failed again… couldn’t even see health on the bar for Teq when the timer expired so we were close but… it should not be this hard to kill these bosses… and if they are going to be this hard we need better rewards.

So you can have your opinion but mine is firmly in the “unbuff” category… (reversing the buff not nerfing).

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I’ve heard that the crit spot has more armor than the feet. If that’s true it’s pretty deceptive and unintuitive.

xarallei.4279

The one we did this afternoon failed… good for you that yours succeeded… We were not even close to finishing. Ask other people in TTS who were there.

Just did another organized Teq and it failed again… couldn’t even see health on the bar for Teq when the timer expired so we were close but… it should not be this hard to kill these bosses… and if they are going to be this hard we need better rewards.

So you can have your opinion but mine is firmly in the “unbuff” category… (reversing the buff not nerfing).

Reversing the buff means going back to the bosses melting like butter due to high condi damage. That is not the answer. They should fix the crit problem, so that teq can be crit anywhere and that should significantly help people kill him. TT should not be touched.

Briadonis.8907

Reversing the buff means going back to the bosses melting like butter due to high condi damage. That is not the answer. They should fix the crit problem, so that teq can be crit anywhere and that should significantly help people kill him.

I didn’t say reversing it completely… but dialing back the buff. The crit suggestion might work as well… but the buff was just too much for the current state of things.

eldrin.6471

Better to leave it to easy than this frustrating mess.Silver waists is a bit of a face roll but no one complains.Could that be because there’s easy gold to be made.

xarallei.4279

SW is too easy as well. I would love for Anet to bring back Marionette. Vinewrath is a pale imitation of that fight.