Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Wait.. wait…

Are people joining Teq maps 5 minutes before and expecting a success?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I did Teq yesterday and beat him. I of course am not saying I soloed him lol, but I was really fortunate to have been on a map where the people who knew what they were doing were really kind, thoughtful and took the time to explain what to do and when.

I’ll say right now I had only ever done Teq a handful of times before and that is more with me not using an event timer so I really never knew when it was going on, and if I did I was usually in the middle of something else.

They pointed out the crit spot, told us to clear poison and were generally nice people. There was no flaming, no name calling, just all of us working to the same goal.

It was yesterday about 5.15 pm yesterday (Friday) in Australia, so no idea what time anywhere else (sorry)

I know we can’t name people on here, but there were two people who were just really amazing and if I see them in game I will be thanking them for their calmness and wit, and making Teq a really enjoyable experience.

Anx

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Wait.. wait…

I dunno about 5till, but 20~ till seems to be working just fine right now.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Jonandu.2073

Jonandu.2073

Thank you for the response ANET… and to the people who thought this event was normal… You knew it wasn’t lol. I could tell something was wrong with it. I have only did him twice since the update 1 pass 1 fail, and the new hp did not make it any harder. It was just a longer fight with no challenge added. The biggest challenge would of been having the right DPS at the small crit spot… Next patch being able to crit from anywhere sounds great and I look forward to doing TEQ again and not the buggy fight it is now. Some of you guilds are funny though… More HP does not Equal a challenge… It isn’t hardcore lol… Go do TT if you want a hardcore boss (even though TT isnt hard and the rewards suck from it too)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Good to hear the bug will be repaired. That leaves the fact why this threat was opened: what about the % of succesfully do the event? I suggested 50%, but with the bug repaired and nothing else done, its obious that this will be a lot lower. Today I noticed no succesful events exept for the 1 where players joined an hour before starting. And that was WITH the exploid. Sooo… The complaining will only continue if nothing else is done.

There is no exploit at this point. So any kill is a normal kill. Pug maps are doing this already and with the crit issue fixed it will be fine. In fact, it might be too easy.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

I joined map 1 hour before start today….there was organization as well…it still failed.

So 2 kills after 2-3 attempts per day since patch.

It’s called, get lucky and try to mooch a kill from pre-made guild groups I guess.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Glouryian.3765@

From what i’m seeing.The cituation is not different at all from when Tequatl was 1st revamped.People then cried for nerfs.Now they do again.You said then people didn’t knew the tacktics.Well they took their time to learn them didn’t they.Today is the same as back them.Tequatl was change a little and everyone is crying for nerfs again.As before give it time to learn it.How hard is that?If you can’t do it from the start.In a while you will learn how to do it properly.There is nothing wrong with learning things.

A year ago the maps that did Tequatl could be counted on 1 my hand.With time people learned the fight and the maps increased.After this HP revamp we are back to square 1.Only a handfull of maps will be able to do it untill more people learn what to do,how to do and so on.

the difference is, the revamp changed how Teq worked, how you fought it, and what tactics were needed against it.

a health buff does nothing but prolong it. no new tactics, no new strategy. just takes longer. it’s artificial difficulty, and that’s never fun.

Posted by: VolOpt.4963

VolOpt.4963

Hmm I sorta assumed that the strange crit spots were to “encourage” people not to stand on the legs. Tho to be honest I’m fine either way, so far I’ve had fair luck with PUG maps and ultimately if you are standing 15ft to the right or the left when you DPS really doesn’t make much if any difference mechanically.

So surprisingly the changes to Teq really didn’t change my enjoyment of the boss tho admittedly I did avoid it for the first two or so days in anticipation of the slaughter fest that I wanted no part of. Ultimately the boss changes that really kill the fun for me are the Shadow Behemoth and the MKII which I would now liken to pure excitement of Taidha’s Gate.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

We just beat Tequatl with 11 mins to spare.

Hows about a taxi for me and several thousand other players who just cant find a great map like that after showing up an hour early.

Make a great map if you can’t find one lol

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

We just beat Tequatl with 11 mins to spare.

Hows about a taxi for me and several thousand other players who just cant find a great map like that after showing up an hour early.

Make a great map if you can’t find one lol

It should be sorted soon. will patch be Tuesday I wonder.

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

There seems to be a big problem in this boss in that people insist in trying to melee teq down and keep dying as they cannot keep themselves alive doing it.

Only when I land in these maps with this mindset has it failed so far, ranged maps succeed.

xarallei.4279

O_O

That’s the complete opposite of what I’ve seen. No ranged map seems to succeed (again that I’ve seen). Only the maps that melee on the double damage spot with reflects and cleanse from turrets have been the ones I’ve seen succeed. Though note, it has to be on the double damage spot and not just melee on the foot. Those fail too.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Well, roughly a week after world boss health was doubled, I watched a very messy Teq fight end with success and lots of time left on the clock. (Thanks to everyone, btw)

The rolling of faces appears to have resumed.

How about a little more health for the sunless one? I enjoyed this brief period of time when we had to push hard to win.. and that it wasn’t a sure thing.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Well, roughly a week after world boss health was doubled, I watched a very messy Teq fight end with success and lots of time left on the clock. (Thanks to everyone, btw)

The rolling of faces appears to have resumed.

How about a little more health for the sunless one? I enjoyed this brief period of time when we had to push hard to win.. and that it wasn’t a sure thing.

I agree teq should be harder, but not by buffing his HP. I would like a new move for teq to do or something new during battery phases. As it stands now teq is a good enough gear check as far as HP goes.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

People can actually defeat Teq? Needs buff.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Roll back the 200%hp

Add 50%hp
Hardened Scales stacks added 50 to 75% dmg reduction on any physical attacks.
Totally Immune to Poison
Immune to health siphon
Anyone that siphon’s health will have stacks of Poison Blood (stacks intensity) & only able to be cleanse by turret’s cleansing
Teq will randomly cast Pool of poison. This is a area wide poison attack.
Teq will randomly do a 360 degrees tail swipe. Player hit by it will be flung all the way to the end of the map.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Wait.. wait…

That was possible with Teq before (and by “before” i mean “before condi changes”). If the “double hp fix” was supposed to offset increased condi damage (and no info from devs suggests there was any other reason) then yes, we should be able to return to that point now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

xarallei.4279

I’m hoping it does not return to that point. Because that means teq is faceroll like shatterer and the like. They did make the teq rising patch to make him harder than the regular world bosses. Sure, he’s not supposed to be like TT but he shouldn’t be like he was pre-patch. That was way too easy.

Aerlen.5326

Teq victory last night. It involved a lot and I mean A LOT of herding. I felt like a 1st grade teacher. People waypointing when dead made an absolute huge difference as did turrets actually using cleanse but sometimes, getting pugs to listen is frustrating as crap.

Crit spot being fixed should help, maybe a 75% hp increase instead of 100%.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Currently victory seems to be privileged to a few organized guilds. Noticed today advertising on several servers about half an hour before the event started. You can only join their map if you have teamspeak and meet their conditions. Thing is that they are picking up skilful players from several maps just before the event, leaving the majority behind, unorganized, without chance to win…

xarallei.4279

That is simply not true. I’ve been on pug maps that have succeeded organizing in map chat. Others have had the same experience. It’s not just big guilds succeeding with teq.

Aerlen.5326

If all pugs listen, YES.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That’s like rolling dice.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Aerlen.5326

Yes. Yes it is.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Allisa Wonderland.8192

If you want to succeed at Teq, join one of the groups who do it on a regular basis, do a tiny bit of research on how to play the event, then do it.

You, alone, are responsible for being a part of a successful event. Every other rationalization is another strawman.

1. Some builds better, but there is no gear check at the door.
2. Don’t need teamspeak
3. Don’t need to be IN a particular guild
4. Just listen.. and WP if you die.

That’s all there is to it.

For all the time spent typing angry rants on the forums, you could be watching some videos on how to do it and joining with a group of people who would love to have you be part of a successful kill.

Heck, during last night’s kill, we had 22 people on the zerg with 4 minutes to spawn. We were struggling to find people who wanted to try.

There is LOTS of room for you. Come! Have fun.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

You, alone, are responsible for being a part of a successful event.

This really is not that true. It took me 50 minutes of begging chat for 4 more people to help with defense. In the end, it was just me and three others.

Regardless, nothing like spending over an hour of begging and pleading to set up a rudimentry defense only to get a sunless rune. In that same time I can go to SW and get 4x the gold or more. I guess it’s time to nerf SW!

Add 2-5 minutes to the encounter timer is another option imo, the current amount with the large increase in teq hps is not right. Anyways, glad a big organized guild such as yours has no issues and really you should not.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Of course it’s true – the mistake you made was compromising with the map you played in. Plan in advance who you want to fight it with and find out when their events fit your schedule. Unless you want to pop a tag and run the fight yourself, you can’t rely on Pugs to carry you – because they are doing the same thing.

Please don’t try to change the goalposts by bringing Silverwastes into this. BUT, if you must – then go to Silverwastes! Why complain about Teq when there is already a solution to your needs?

I go to Teq to win, I don’t give two bits about what’s in the chest.

Why does everything have to be about loot per time investment? At a certain point, gold becomes irrelevant.

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

Of course it’s true – the mistake you made was compromising with the map you played in. Plan in advance who you want to fight it with and find out when their events fit your schedule. Unless you want to pop a tag and run the fight yourself, you can’t rely on Pugs to carry you – because they are doing the same thing.

Please don’t try to change the goalposts by bringing Silverwastes into this. BUT, if you must – then go to Silverwastes! Why complain about Teq when there is already a solution to your needs?

I go to Teq to win, I don’t give two bits about what’s in the chest.

Why does everything have to be about loot per time investment? At a certain point, gold becomes irrelevant.

Ok yesterday I (been a super casual player and like before expresing how frustating is to be called pug and noob) run (yes i run) a succesfull TEQ, and yet come across the big one problem of this fight (what Anet already say their going to fix) and was the crits spot. The problem now is not even the organization part, and yes it is a pain in the kitten been there 1h to 45m before a event, and thats the real reason here.

lest face it, theres really few that made this kind of events for fun, every single MMO have the same treat… and thats the “LOOT”, invested time / loot is the only reazon you play a hard event (im not saying imposbile anymore). if your gonna spend 1h for the same loot you get before the patch them the reason behind making the event is really disapointing, so yes right now SW is a gold digger stuff (and actually is awesome), and i find that really good for all the players (veterans and new ones), cose again lest be real most people havent reach what you say "At a certain point, gold becomes irrelevant. " and are aiming that spot, so yes i really hope they keep events for people that like hard stuff and do it for fun, but i hope also that Anet do something about the loot

Edit: by quoting the player my intension is retorical and not been disristpecfull or rude, if i got that impresion, them i ask for the player forgiveness

(edited by Taiyoroku.1028)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Wait.. wait…

Ironically, they seem to be the people that think Teq always succeeds too.

Hint: if you have been fighting Teq for 10 minutes, there are bone walls and nearly 100% health, and a few turrets are unmanned you may as well find another event. That is not being fatalistic, that is being realistic.

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

There seems to be a big problem in this boss in that people insist in trying to melee teq down and keep dying as they cannot keep themselves alive doing it.

Only when I land in these maps with this mindset has it failed so far, ranged maps succeed.

How is that even possible? Based on my first hand experience, ranged maps have no hope of defeating the buffed up teq, u wouldn’t even get past the first phase.

I have scored 7 consecutive victories in the past week against Teq and I did so by selectively choosing instances that had a higher count of melee fighters within the zerg. Yes, melee combat can be messy but it’s realistically the only way to defeat teq (as of now). Teq fights now requires massive sacrifices (and initiative) to succeed.

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

I am part of a organised Tequatl team. We aren’t one guild but around seven different guilds that meet up on TS and talk about tactics. We let others join our Team speak but find most people don’t bother but we spam map chat with what and how to do its.
I found our best tactic was making sure all the AoE wasn’t on our Melee zerg so we split into two groups (One Melee and one Ranged). The ranged spot would have around 10-15 people who could pierce or use explosions and at 1000-1200 range.
Plus we made sure some of us had reflects so the fingers by the turrets couldn’t hit any of the DPS groups. Then we have a group of 5 roaming around the outside taking out the fingers.
(Edit: Our Ranged group stood directly behind the DPS group and under Tequatls head)
Our best time we did it after the patch and after the Guard trait was above 6 mins remaining without a full map. It can be done but I find the lack of organisation and people saying “OMG GG NOOBS, WE FAILED” isn’t the best way to kill him.

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am part of a organised Tequatl team. We aren’t one guild but around seven different guilds that meet up on TS and talk about tactics. We let others join our Team speak but find most people don’t bother but we spam map chat with what and how to do its.
I found our best tactic was making sure all the AoE wasn’t on our Melee zerg so we split into two groups (One Melee and one Ranged). The ranged spot would have around 10-15 people who could pierce or use explosions and at 1000-1200 range.
Plus we made sure some of us had reflects so the fingers by the turrets couldn’t hit any of the DPS groups. Then we have a group of 5 roaming around the outside taking out the fingers.
(Edit: Our Ranged group stood directly behind the DPS group and under Tequatls head)
Our best time we did it after the patch and after the Guard trait was above 6 mins remaining without a full map. It can be done but I find the lack of organisation and people saying “OMG GG NOOBS, WE FAILED” isn’t the best way to kill him.

I use my ele most of the time for teq. During the defensive phases I attune to fire for the most damage to the undead spawns. During the offensive phases I am attuned to water most of the time to spread healing to the zerg (why I was so upset that they nerfed the range of healing mist).

Another thing I do during boss fights is switch my chat window to showing damage (nobody will be shouting anything useful as all their hands are over action keys). That way I can gauge if I am close enough to where the current need is to be helping.

Given how teq is split into offensive and defensive stages being able to switch to each really helps.

Posted by: Briadonis.8907

Briadonis.8907

I’ve had a couple successes with the new crit spot since the last time I posted… one of them finished with seconds remaining on the clock and another with about 2 minutes remaining.

My thoughts on the new strategies….. are that they are a horrible step backwards. Basically the crit/melee spot is all about just standing right in the middle of the dragon… more or less ignoring everything and whacking away at him. If you get downed… wait for someone to rez you or if you die run back.

I hear people talking about ranged spots, which work with piercing attacks, but I have not actually seen anyone use those yet but they sound just as strategy-less. Basically just find the spot and shoot out of stomp wave range.

The previous incarnation… you would stand to the side of Teq and jump over his stomps waves and dodge out of the finger circles. There was actual strategy… skill…. movement. Now it is just find the spot… stand in it until you die or he does. Seems like a horrible step backwards to me.

Aerlen.5326

Here’s where I’d post my success at Teq since patch…

If I hadn’t gotten a server crash on an organized map.

I ended up on the worst pug map I’ve ever seen when I got back in. No planning. No defenses. No plans to bother until five minutes before.

I have seen PUG Heck and it wasn’t pretty. I fled.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: Faith.1485

Faith.1485

they said next release, but i saw nothing in the release notes fixing Wurm’s in TT to make BOTH crittable. as far as Teq, you can do it to him, but he is beatable with a good map right now. Please fill us in, was it fixed?

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

yes it was, he went down without any problems with 3 commies.
there was some organization, but not mutch.
setup was oldfashioned melee zerg + ranged

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

Posted by: Soupy.4970

Soupy.4970

I personally enjoy the new difficulty of Teq. I have yet to actually be in a fail group, so call me lucky or competent, but the fact is that Teq is still very possible, and will get a bit easier as more people bring crit gear and toss their soldier sets.

However, I do agree that the rewards do NOT justify Teq’s difficulty. It just makes it a grind. I do Teq every day, gotten the title, achievements, and both pets (there’s two, right?), and still have not seen Hoard.

The problem with Teq is just that – it’s no longer worth the effort for the rewards it offers. ANet, please, you need to reevaluate not just Teq’s reward system, but the reward system of ALL bosses. I have stopped following the daily boss train, and I’m on the verge of jumping off the Teq train as well. In other words, no more world bosses for me.

It’s a mindless, boring grind, and it’s LITERALLY the definition of insane – doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result each time.

Didn’t I hear somewhere that ANet wanted to remove the grind from the game? How about giving us a NPC where we can BUY Teq’s hoard with these useless kitten spoons. /sigh

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I’d actually be for exchanging a set number of spoons for Tequatl’s Hoard – say, 250 spoons or one stack?

xarallei.4279

Wonderful, teq is STUPIDLY easy again. -_-

Really Anet, can’t you adjust it properly instead of going too far one way or another? Please? Teq should not be as easy kittenterer.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I say increase his health another 25% and have more adds spawn on the beach. When you have a full map there should be enough adds on the beach to pull people off Tequatl to fight them. Add some champs into it. Make the fingers do more damage to people nearby so they become a priority.

Aerlen.5326

The real challenge is can you stay connected long enough to beat him?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: Benty.7140

Benty.7140

yay, Teq’s back to being possible. Was about to give up on spending an hour to get into a good map only to have it fail and people all leave mad. Upside to a hard teq is that it was a challenge that only a few could complete and maybe feel like its an accomplishment. Downside is that most maps failed and everyone else just gives up on it making it even harder to find a group to do it

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Teq is way too easy now again.
Liked the previous iteration way better.

Aerlen.5326

Yeah, he’s back to normal pretty much and while I welcome it, I have to say that week of harder Teq wasn’t entirely bad even if it started out that way. I’m beginning to think we should have a hardmode Teq guild spawn or something..

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

“Hard mode” should not merely mean a huge health pool, that’s just terrible design easily overcome with numbers. This whole fiasco shows how open world encounters are not and never going to be “challenging group content” based on the simple fact that the developers won’t be able to balance it to account for the differences in the composition of the blob trying to complete the encounter.

There are a few roles at tequatl or triple trouble that have to be “spot on” and fulfill their purpose (turrets, defenders, condis at TT for example). The rest of the zerg is basically a bunch of dps bots.

The fights are balanced around these mechanics, and notice how few people we need to actually succeed… It’s the illusion of massive encounters, boiling down to 10-20 key people.

(edited by serenke.4806)

Posted by: Maunzi.3764

Maunzi.3764

And he’s boringly easy again. He really needs to be modified again.

-Fingers need to cast more AOEs at the zerg,
-additional enemies need to spawn that the Zerg has to actively deal with. I propose enemies that explode a nasty, large AOE death zone whereever they are killed, and that need to be kited out of the zerg before dying
-There should be enemies that actively protect, buff and heal tequatl during the fight. These enemies should evade player characters and use reflects.
-Fingers should get an AOE pull move that drags 10 people to them.

This will give it at least a little challenge again.

(edited by Maunzi.3764)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Ahhhh.

Why must we keep seesawing from one end (tedious) to the other (too easy)? I’m dizzy.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

“Hard mode” should not merely mean a huge health pool, that’s just terrible design easily overcome with numbers. This whole fiasco shows how open world encounters are not and never going to be “challenging group content” based on the simple fact that the developers won’t be able to balance it to account for the differences in the composition of the blob trying to complete the encounter.

There are a few roles at tequatl or triple trouble that have to be “spot on” and fulfill their purpose (turrets, defenders, condis at TT for example). The rest of the zerg is basically a bunch of dps bots.

The fights are balanced around these mechanics, and notice how few people we need to actually succeed… It’s the illusion of massive encounters, boiling down to 10-20 key people.

Tequatl and TT must have been instanced content.That way could have been created actual hard mode.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

I jumped into a random map and beat tequatl with 8 minutes left today.

To be honest, I preferred the higher difficulty.

I never complain when content comes out that appears to be too hard. It just means folks need more time to figure the content out. People said Tequatl was nearly impossible when it was first updated with the new mechanics way back in one of the living story updates! Now look at it … the content has been considered an easy boss for a long time, now everyone has figured out the mechanics.

(edited by Ausfer.1853)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Maybe so, but if you instance open world bosses they cease to be open world bosses.
While i like instanced content, i personally prefer 5-8 people in an instance, not 80-100.

Also, on topic of seesawing… The Tequatl encounter as such was never meant to be changed, the changes we had (condi cap raise, specialization system power creep, crittable one spot, symbolic avenger fiasco…) all affected the perceived difficulty but seriously, pumping hp of a boss does not equal challenging content.