The Amulet!

The Amulet!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

ok I missed something… why on earth did you change the amulet so all you could put on it were useless infusions?

… just call me … Tim :)

The Amulet!

Posted by: victoria.4839

victoria.4839

which infusions can be used on amulet? i tried an agony infusion and it doesnt work

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

magic, karma, gold, xp — I believe that’s all.. useless

The Amulet!

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

More to the point…

Why didn’t you give me back the actual VALUE (in Laurels) of the infusions you took out of my amulets across all characters!?

Now I have a bunch of infusions that I bought for Laurels that I no longer need, and I have to spend more Laurels to fill the new Enrichment slots.

gg

~TG

The Amulet!

Posted by: Vardy.3592

Vardy.3592

I was pretty much setup with my gear, now I have to spend larels on something which adds nothing to my build.

The Amulet!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Read the patch notes for your answers.

And, just because utility infusions are useless to you, that doesn’t mean they’re useless to others.

~EW

The Amulet!

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Read the patch notes for your answers.

And, just because utility infusions are useless to you, that doesn’t mean they’re useless to others.

~EW

Still useless for alot of people.

Stella Truth Seeker

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

oh it gets better… the infusions you can’t use now have become account bound so you can’t even sell them… holy.. this is getting scammy.. sorry ANet but seriously why are you making things such a pain?

The Amulet!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

More to the point…

Why didn’t you give me back the actual VALUE (in Laurels) of the infusions you took out of my amulets across all characters!?

Now I have a bunch of infusions that I bought for Laurels that I no longer need, and I have to spend more Laurels to fill the new Enrichment slots.

gg

~TG

Yeah this is the part I’m not too pleased about. Now I have a bunch of infusions in my mail I spent laurels on that I have no use for anymore. I would have preferred to get the laurels back.

The Burninator

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

Definitely will NOT be wasting any gold, laurels etc on infusions for the new slots.. as if I need more gold, xp, mf etc… just need skill stats for my fighters…

The Amulet!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

More to the point…

gg

~TG

Yeah this is the part I’m not too pleased about. Now I have a bunch of infusions in my mail I spent laurels on that I have no use for anymore. I would have preferred to get the laurels back.

If enough people express their frustrations at it, then there’s a chance things will be modified so you can get your laurels back. Save ‘em for a little while just in case. Ya’ never know.

(it also might not hurt to suggest to any friends you know who are also frustrated to constructively mention it on these forums)

~EW

The Amulet!

JustTrogdor.7892

More to the point…

gg

~TG

If enough people express their frustrations at it, then there’s a chance things will be modified so you can get your laurels back. Save ‘em for a little while just in case. Ya’ never know.

(it also might not hurt to suggest to any friends you know who are also frustrated to constructively mention it on these forums)

~EW

Thanks for the tips and I have planned to save the infusions in anticipation of a change. I certainly wasn’t going to destroy them.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

The Amulet!

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

really what was the point if this?

And if you are going to refund us give us back the laurels.

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

well considering you can’t sell them there’s not much choice but to either save or destroy them… arg…

The Amulet!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Not thrilled with the amulet change. I liked my might infusion.

What am I even supposed to use? I don’t need karma or increased XP since all my characters are 80.

So, that leaves only gold find and magic find. Not sure which one would even be more beneficial….

The Amulet!

Posted by: UlarGila.3501

UlarGila.3501

The amulets that I have are set up for WvW, +5 power and reduction damage from guards. I do not need or want enrichment.

These slots could simply be made to accommodate all infusions.

The Amulet!

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Yeah. Yet another change that Anet did not think through. I would rather have the laurels. And where do you get enrichment infusions? They aren’t in the Laurel Merchant in WvW

The Amulet!

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I’m missing something. You could only put utility infusions into an amulet before. They changed the name, but that’s all you can put there now as well. So, no change other than the name. ???

The Amulet!

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

I’m missing something. You could only put utility infusions into an amulet before. They changed the name, but that’s all you can put there now as well. So, no change other than the name. ???

Acutally no… It depended what amulet you bought. Celestial 1 was for utility infusions, but other were up for defence / atc infusions.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

The Amulet!

Posted by: sirsquishy.2619

sirsquishy.2619

They changed the name, changed the type of the 3 different utility (offensive, Defensive and utility), and dropped AR as one of the possibilities from this slot (no more +7 infusion for your neck)

That is what I think happened (have not logged in to verify yet)

If so, then there is no point to the Neck for Ascended if you are building an AR ‘set’ (Stupid kitten filter).

The Amulet!

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I don’t have strong feelings about the new categorization/typing schema. I would have preferred a refund of laurels rather than the infusions. Now I have a bunch of infusions and no place to use them as well as having to spend laurels on the new amulet enrichments, which are more expensive than the offensive and defensive infusions.

The Amulet!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It was also possible to put versatile infusions.

The Amulet!

Posted by: sirsquishy.2619

sirsquishy.2619

It was also possible to put versatile infusions.

yea it was, but not anymore. The Neck slot is now worthless when only considering Agony.

I dont understand this move really, it was the first easy ascended that all players could obtain and get a +5 base AR going.

The Potion change is nice, but I do not want to have to rely on a consumable to make up for the +7 loss.

The Amulet!

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

For the love of god, please create an exchange function at the vendor (maybe a bit like the SAB currency exchange) that allows for refunds to Laurels so that we can at least acquire the new Enrichment items to replace the Infusions we were ‘refunded’ from our amulets.

~TG

The Amulet!

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Not really happy about the amulet changes, as I don’t think they were needed.

Not giving a laurel refund however was a deliberate decision on their part I think. It forces thousands of players who are low on laurels to log in once a day to advance their login rewards to build up enough laurels to replace what they had taken from them. Thus allowing anet to fluff up their “daily unique login” numbers for investors.
More of the same used car salesman sham tactics that have been so pervasive in this game from the start.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

The Amulet!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Just a tip everybody:

don’t destroy your infusions that were mailed to you. You can trade them into the new Golem in Fractals for relics. I think I got a total of 75 relics for my +5, better than nothing I guess…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

The Amulet!

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Overall the change to infusions and the slots was hugely beneficial and helpful to players who are newer to fractals. So at least for me this was a pretty awesome change, still confused about the amulet slot though. I don’t know what can go in it, where I can get those infusions, or why the hell it was singled out to be separate.

The Amulet!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Overall the change to infusions and the slots was hugely beneficial and helpful to players who are newer to fractals. So at least for me this was a pretty awesome change, still confused about the amulet slot though. I don’t know what can go in it, where I can get those infusions, or why the hell it was singled out to be separate.

You buy the Enrichments from the Laurel vendor, it’s with the other infusions (second tab).

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

The Amulet!

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

What a completely unnecessary change. 4 mediocre choices with 2 being worthless in WvW.

Make it so that the XP infusion works like the new xp boosters and apply to World Xp and reward track, so it may actually be useful.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

The Amulet!

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I made a thread about this in the fractals forums.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Player-compensation-for-lost-AR/first#post6257690
I don’t understand why they had to remove the agony slot.
They could add the enriched slot on top.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

The Amulet!

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

You buy the Enrichments from the Laurel vendor, it’s with the other infusions (second tab).

At 4 times the cost of, you know, infusions that make sense when you actually play the game.

Horrible, horrible decision by Anet not to refund the laurels, at least. In fact, they should let us trade in all the Ascended Amulets for total refunds of all Laurels spent to get them. Better to spend Laurels on something else that doesn’t need “enrichment” infusions.

Just replace them with Exotic ones that are at a fraction of the price.

The Amulet!

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

They did it because they unified all types into one,so if they didn’t separate the utility slot,you could stack more than one enrichment infusion,and get multiple karma/xp etc buffs.
As a player with already max AR,this change was a total kitten.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

double holy crap… so we have all these awesome infusions that we can’t use and don’t get refunded and it costs TEN to TWENTY laurels to buy the new infusions, depending on what you want…

ANet please… seriously you need to give us our laurels back…

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

Just a tip everybody:

don’t destroy your infusions that were mailed to you. You can trade them into the new Golem in Fractals for relics. I think I got a total of 75 relics for my +5, better than nothing I guess…..

You can only trade the agony resistance infusions… the other infusions that can’t be used that I had on my amulets are now useless since I can’t even sell them on the TP.

The Amulet!

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

oh it gets better… the infusions you can’t use now have become account bound so you can’t even sell them… holy.. this is getting scammy.. sorry ANet but seriously why are you making things such a pain?

I’m starting to believe that that’s Anet’s intent with a lot of the stuff they do.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

The Amulet!

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t think I would go so far as to say that Anet is intentionally trying to make people mad. I think it was just a poorly thought out plan. At least I got to use my infusions for some time before they became an item that will just sit in my mailbox. I feel worse for the players that recently spent laurels on those infusions to find out maybe just a day or so later that they have wasted their laurels.

I noticed this thread has a lot of views in short time with not many posts compared to views. I’d like to invite you lurkers to not be shy and post your opinion on the matter as well.

The Burninator

The Amulet!

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I have four separate necks, one of which is my “stat” neck.

I’m all for simplifying the infusion system, but I don’t understand why infusion necks were removed. Why can’t necks just have a normal infusion slot AND an enrichment slot? seems simple enough.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

The Amulet!

Posted by: HenryChinaski.4732

HenryChinaski.4732

Did i miss something or….
You can put your Infuisions now in the Rings, i have 3 WVW Infusions in every Ring, it also should work with every other Kind of Infusion

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

What rings are you talking about.. the ascended rings I have only have a spot for ONE infusion…

The Amulet!

HenryChinaski.4732

Infused and Attuned
for Example
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attuned_Ring_of_Red_Death_

But remove your Infusion before!

Edit: Ok for now its seems you have to do fractals for this, maybe they change it for only WVW Players….

(edited by HenryChinaski.4732)

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

agony has nothing to do with wvw …

The Amulet!

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Did i miss something or….
You can put your Infuisions now in the Rings, i have 3 WVW Infusions in every Ring, it also should work with every other Kind of Infusion

The wvw rings only have one slot, unless I’m missing something. No room for all the amulet infusions taking up space in my bank (multiple toons that all had amulets).

Primarily a wvw player. Not interested in fractals or whatever other lame pve content drops 3 slot rings, if they even exist.

Edit: 2 slot rings don’t require fractals, only a little silver and a visit to the mystic forge. Made a few extra slot rings to take up infusions refunded to my toons.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

The Amulet!

HenryChinaski.4732

, i have 3 WVW Infusions in every Ring,

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

name them pls..
better yet, post them somewhere to show that you have wvw infusions in the agony infusion slots…

The Amulet!

HenryChinaski.4732

just try it and you will see…….

The Amulet!

Posted by: GorHanis.7563

GorHanis.7563

Try? Who the kitten wants to play hello-kitty pve fractal content for that? It was a stupid decision to force ppl to play pve.

Instead they made the amulets like other trinkets… OR REFUND!!!

ANET FAIL…

The Amulet!

Posted by: Mikeybalz.2089

Mikeybalz.2089

Think about it guys. To WvW’ers Enrichment infusions are useless! And as we all know anet wants to bring pve into wvw i.e. the cannons etc.. Why not force us to use pve infusions instead of +5 power and so on that are useful….

Tbf, Anet should at least let us trade in the useful ones for the useless ones….

Bad Guys Anonymous [BGA]
Main: SoS. Alt’s: BG/FA/Mag/SBI/YB.

The Amulet!

Balthazzarr.1349

just try it and you will see…….

There is only ONE slot for an infusion in the ascended rings, (all trinkets actually). If you think I’m going to waste time overwriting one just to see if more will appear… well.. not!

I seriously sense a troll…. especially since all you do is tell us… and won’t show..

and the agony ones take agony resistance infusions…

The Amulet!

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

Correct me if I’m wrong here!
Basically Anet stole a bunch of my laurels and made my toon weaker??? The only reason I’ve heard is because of balance. Huh!!

The Amulet!

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Just a tip everybody:

Considering that’s exactly what you paid for it, I think it’s pretty good. You got to use it for months or years, and got your currency back, too.