The CDI is coming back! Topics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Hi All,

We will starting a CDI soon on…….Guilds.

It will be broken down into time boxed discussion sections such as Guild vs. Guild, Guild Activities, Managing Guilds, Guild Content etc.

I will update when I have more details on when we start. I am very much looking forward to it.

Chris

I know it only says two days have past but it feels like forever! X.X I never knew I was impatient until I came back to this Topic and found out only two days have past! LMAO!!!
( Before I came to check how long it has been since you announced the topic I was thinking to myself “dang its been like a week when are we going to start this next CDI” LOLOLOLOLOL )

Morning Zoso,

I am looking forward to it to. I will try to get the topic started on Thursday of next week. Just need to get some things finished so I can give the CDI the attention it will need.

Chris

Thank you for the reply! Wasn’t expecting a reply was just saying a funny story but this info is gold! Again thank you!

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Morning Zoso,

I am looking forward to it to. I will try to get the topic started on Thursday of next week. Just need to get some things finished so I can give the CDI the attention it will need.

Chris

To clarify, that means this very next Thursday Sept 5, not the next week after that, right?

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Morning Zoso,

Chris

To clarify, that means this very next Thursday Sept 5, not the next week after that, right?

That is correct Donari, Thursday Sept 5. This is the date I am aiming for. I have quite a lot of work to do early in the week but I will do my best (-:

Chris

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Technically, Thursday is September 4th, not sure if Donari was trying to trick you or not, but…

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’d like to see a summary of the previous CDI’s, listed as follows:

CDI Topic:
Summary of Discussion and recommendations:
Actions Taken from CDI:
Resultant changes in-game:

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

Morning Zoso,

Chris

Sir, can I ask you a couple things about your technology?

I have some ideas for the Guild CDIs, but it would be pointless to describe them if ANet doesn’t have the material resources to work on them ^^

Actually, re-thinking about this…
When the Guild CDI goes live, many people are going to suggest many features ANet won’t be able to develop due to technical limitations.

When this happens, you devs are going to address every single suggestion and say “We can’t do this beacause X”? It’s possible, but you’d waste too much time.

How about creating a CDI sub-thread named “CDI – Technical Q&A” where players just ask “Would you be able to do X?” and you answer “yes” or “no” with just a minimum explanation?

In this way we would save time and space!

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

Morning Zoso,

Chris

That is correct Donari, Thursday Sept 5. This is the date I am aiming for. I have quite a lot of work to do early in the week but I will do my best (-:

Chris

I am very excited about this CDI. I am still very active within the gvg community and am excited to get some discussion in. I have two problems though with the circumstances surrounding this CDI.

1. As a wvw person, I along with others don’t have much faith in CDI’s after the commander tag CDI delivered very little for the amount of discussion that was in it, and the amount of work done on the system in 9 months time.

2. Its a CDI that feels quite late to be honest. Big guild features being improved guild functionality, guild halls, gvg. People have been asking for this features consistently since launch, and its only now 2 years later that we are just getting “discussion” on them. Im very confused about Anet’s priority list.

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

I want to add in the feature I would most like to see for guilds: alliances. Ways in which small social guilds can formally team up for events, dungeons and chat while still able to chat and act within the normal guild.

Preferably done so that no alliance can have as many members as a single guild. That way we would prevent an alliance from taking over a server or something.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I want to add in the feature I would most like to see for guilds: alliances. Ways in which small social guilds can formally team up for events, dungeons and chat while still able to chat and act within the normal guild.

Preferably done so that no alliance can have as many members as a single guild. That way we would prevent an alliance from taking over a server or something.

Okay, but the CDI hasn’t started yet. Feel free to bring this up come Thursday!

I should be writing.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Technically, Thursday is September 4th, not sure if Donari was trying to trick you or not, but…

Whoops! I’m having calendar tracking issues now that I am not working. It’s glorious and relaxing but hard to keep the days straight without deep concentration.

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

actually it would be much more intriguing to leave complete freedom for alliances, because that would bring a true guild wars flavour to a game which happens to be named “guild wars” but lacks any kind of direct competition amongst guilds.
I will add some info in the CDI thread

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Maybe a noob question but where and how can I watch/join the CDI, and what are the topics apart from the word ‘guild’

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Maybe a noob question but where and how can I watch/join the CDI, and what are the topics apart from the word ‘guild’

It will be its own topic stay tuned to forums and you’ll see it.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Please remember to advertise this topic in the WvW forums.

As you know that is where the GvG players are right now and I’m sure that they would have A LOT to contribute to this CDI when it comes up.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Cheers Chris, seems a good choice of topic. Best start compiling some ideas…

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Why don’t you put out a list of all the topics you guys are willing to work on and then let us vote on priority?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I still just want to know what percentage of the active player-base Arena think’s time spent on guilds-only content serves. Not saying it shouldn’t be done, just would like to have a better grasp of the context and return-on-investment.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I still just want to know what percentage of the active player-base Arena think’s time spent on guilds-only content serves. Not saying it shouldn’t be done, just would like to have a better grasp of the context and return-on-investment.

I don’t think Arena have any issues finding out exactly what percentage of the active player-base is doing guild-only content serves.

People have been asking for more guild-stuff since release, so I don’t really see why it would be an issue with them focusing a bit on it now.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Was going to bring something about that up for the CDI, in fact. If we have ways that unaffiliated players can work with guilds and get the same rewards, it doesn’t need to be exclusive. Something like the guild-sponsored Tequatl, three-headed wurm, and boss blitz runs – but supported by the game.

I think the general idea could be extended to Dry Top runs and even WvW-based GvG events for a weekly reward, initiated by the guild but extended to every active participant. I’ll explain in the CDI when the appropriate time comes.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Morning All,

I hope you had a lovely weekend. I am going to try to post the top ten CDI discussions in relation to impact on game but note I am not get the list up until tomorrow.

Chris

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Morning All,

I hope you had a lovely weekend. I am going to try to post the top ten CDI discussions in relation to impact on game but note I am not get the list up until tomorrow.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Quick question. In relation to impact how? Would be nice to define it since player’s definitions of impact oscillate wildly.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall