The Cantha Thread [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Seeing as these dragons tend to crop up one after the other, implicitly or directly, perhaps if the Deep Sea Dragon is next, we’ll see a return to the aquatic element. That could be in conjunction with both seeing a return to Cantha; or even this new continent to the west (Wetlands, etc.) as we get an underwater campaign facing Sbubbles..

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Scrivs.4501

Scrivs.4501

the Ritualist as a class again,

Oh how I would love that.
But I remember reading something on this forum a couple of years back about how this was impossible, or wouldn’t work, lore-wise… Can’t remember exactly what that was though

[EU] Desolation
Mesmer – Necromancer – Ranger – Elementalist – Revenant

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Found this old Factions OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qz5k-y5LXs.
Nostalgia.

Maybe…if we (Arena Net) doesn’t want to go to Cantha, maybe Cantha should come to Tyria. Launch an invasion. And player have to chose their side.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Found this old Factions OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qz5k-y5LXs.
Nostalgia.

Maybe…if we (Arena Net) doesn’t want to go to Cantha, maybe Cantha should come to Tyria. Launch an invasion. And player have to chose their side.

Thanks to you I found the login screen roll – I so missed that! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMPX8q3zaVs

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

I stated when Nightfall hit, so I missed out on that fancy log in screen. When/if we ever get to Cantha, I would like the Winds of Change outfits please. lol. Ministry of Purity and Dragon Guard armor were my favorite outfits in the first game.

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

Even after 2 years Divinity’s Reach still feels off to me. Never feels right when I take a look at it and can clearly see Elona and Ascalon represented but the lack of the Canthan district really bothers me. Still held out hope until The Great Retcon was filled in with the Crown Pavilion. Still holding out hope for another sinkhole to set things right.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Instead of GW2 with Cantha, can we start over with a completely new game: Guld Wars Factions 2? And make it the real sequel to Guild Wars?

I’m failing to see how this would be fundamentally any different than an expansion…

That’s the point. I’d rather see a new game more true to what Guild Wars is, than a GW2 expansion.

They just need to start over and actually make the amazing game they told us about during GW2 development.

Posted by: Nakatsu Hime.3520

Nakatsu Hime.3520

the Ritualist as a class again,

Oh how I would love that.
But I remember reading something on this forum a couple of years back about how this was impossible, or wouldn’t work, lore-wise… Can’t remember exactly what that was though

I’m sure there’s more than enough plot and lore-holes within the whole Guild Wars universe for it to be shoe-horned in somehow.

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

Cantha was my favorite GW1 region to work on. And I worked on every GW release. I know a lot of the dev team loved it and would love to revisit it. I kinda agree with critickitten about the negative aspect of tight corridors. Most of that came from hitting technological limits while trying to keep the epic quality of the concept art. I think we could do some really amazing things with those themes in our new engine. Certainly nothing is ruled out. I certainly encourage anyone to express your desire for a Cantha region in GW2 in a positive and friendly way. It could be years away, but it’s worth asking for.

i’ve been gone from GW2 for more than a year, so i’m sad i missed this and hope i’m not to late.
Guild Wars Factions was actually my favorite, i’ve replayed it at least once a year and i do want to see whats happened there in GW2. not sure why they wont let you put Cantha in GW2, but i did choose to be a human for no reason other than to tell Logan (when he asked about my lost sister) that we were Canthan.

Hope to see it added to GW2, and hope to learn whats happened in the 250 years since GW.

also, i hope to find out what its been like there being isolated from the rest of humanity, did they think they were the last of humanity? how did they react.

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51THq%2BKca%2BL._SX385_.jpg[/img]

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

(edited by arenta.2953)

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

All I want for Christmas, is to visit Cantha!

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Can you imagine Jumping puzzles and dungeons in Cantha… I can

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Can you imagine Jumping puzzles and dungeons in Cantha… I can

Crap, now that’s going to be stuck in my head for weeks! So sad now. =(

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

It bums me out that Cantha is still on the fence for being brought back in to the game. They used to have an actual Cantha district from the start. Here’s a link of what it was going to be http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:2010_May_Divinity%27s_Reach_Canthan_district_Polished.jpg

I know it was removed because of cultural differences (China did not like that their culture was being mixed with others) but from an interview from about 2 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xWo8G0OJ0FM#t=6226s
they are trying to work out a way of bringing Cantha back. This was 2 years ago and hopefully they’ve made some serious steps to bringing it back. Cantha is a big part of guild wars lore and I’m sure the old fans of the series (including me) would love to see a comeback so lets hope they’ve reached a point where they can bring it back.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

It bums me out that Cantha is still on the fence for being brought back in to the game.

I seriously doubt there is even a minute chance of it at this point.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

arenta.2953

if they are struggling for an idea for its story. heres my idea for a story

My idea for Canthan story GW2

When Zaitan rose, contact with the outside world was cut off for canthan, leaving them unsure if they were alone in the world or not.

being the dragon empire, the royal family celebrated Zaitan’s rise, while the citizens didn’t share thier enthusiams. the affliction, low key since the events in gw1, empowered by zhaitan became more powerful and began spreading again.

the people of canthan paniced and the royal family closed itself off from the rest of cantha to avoid the affliction getting in. left without leadership, they needed a hero to rise.

and one did (no idea for a name, put one in. not your player character though.). rallying the remains of the canthan army, this hero engaged the afflicted and pushed them back street by street, house by house. over th ecoarse of a year this confict raged but gradually the afflicted lost ground.

then the events of gw2 happened, pact forces defeated zhaitan(but didnt kill him, the only remains found being the tail). Zhaitan, being an eldar dragon survived the corrupted magic but mutated. fleeing Orr, he arrived at cantha and crashed down through the city leaving a scar over much of the land from his impact(bit like the shatterer). where he crashed down risen spread and the aflicted spread in a wave.

the Canthan forces engaging the affliction found thier allys turning into afflicted and chaos spread. breaking line and fleeing or turning on one another this was the time for the hero to rally the remainign canthan forces.

but luck was not on thier side, at this critical time, the hero was missing, kidnapped hours before by the royal family for usurping thier power over the people.

locked inside the palace, the hero could do nothing as the affiction and risen spread over the city that canthan forces had worked so hard to retake.

and this is where the expansion would begin for us, with pact scouts arriving in canthan to see what has happened to this human country, discovering zhaitan’s survival. and calling the pact to help save cantha.

Cantha is divided into multiple factions after zhaitan’s arrival, the canthan forces defeat, and the dissapearence of the hero who united them.

so the Pact has to help reunite these forces and retake the city, while beign engaged from the front by risen and afficted (as well as ghosts of cantha’s past) and the rear from the royal family trying to stop this threat to the dragon they worship.

the player would have to choose how to retake the city, focusing on reuniting the factions themself, or taking the fight to the royal family to rescue the hero to reunite them, or regain the trust of the tengu(who fought with the hero, but fled when zhaitan arrived) and use them to help retake the city.

while at the same time the undersea dragon is becoming active and pact forces struggle to make it across the straight to cantha.

Posted by: chaosdeity.6287

chaosdeity.6287

An Idea:

Since so many of the gw1 fanbase lost faith in anet and they jumped ship and left, do you think as a sign of good faith offering returning players a discount (with linked HoM)?

I think it would be a great PR campaign for them to regain some lost momentum with their veteran fanbase.

“Had gw1? Had gw2 and wasnt happy? Well we didnt forget about you! Get new Cantha expansion 15% off because Anet loves you and we want one more chance, baby!”

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

An Idea:

Since so many of the gw1 fanbase lost faith in anet and they jumped ship and left, do you think as a sign of good faith offering returning players a discount (with linked HoM)?

I think it would be a great PR campaign for them to regain some lost momentum with their veteran fanbase.

“Had gw1? Had gw2 and wasnt happy? Well we didnt forget about you! Get new Cantha expansion 15% off because Anet loves you and we want one more chance, baby!”

Honestly, I’d rather just see them start completely over with a new game than try and revamp this one.

Posted by: Anemone.8913

Anemone.8913

Sounds quite interesting. I especially enjoy the part about the relationship between the Royal family/ministry and the common folk. I would also like to see how the Luxon and Kurzick come into the play. If they have survived the Ministry’s cleansing.

I also wonder what would be the relationship between the people of cantha and non-human races. Considering that the Ministry’s job was to get rid of non-humans and to make the people see other races and lesser creatures.

arenta.2953

Sounds quite interesting. I especially enjoy the part about the relationship between the Royal family/ministry and the common folk. I would also like to see how the Luxon and Kurzick come into the play. If they have survived the Ministry’s cleansing.

I also wonder what would be the relationship between the people of cantha and non-human races. Considering that the Ministry’s job was to get rid of non-humans and to make the people see other races and lesser creatures.

SO MUCH POSSIBILITIES!!!!!!!

not doing cantha would be a crime xD

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Bumping because we need Cantha back. THE CANTHA THREAD WILL NEVER DIE!

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Guys…………. if they ever make cantha in gw2….. it wont be anytime soon. Not this century! Why? They dont hv resources dont hv fund for this … anyone wanna pay for a team to develop this put your hand up :p :p

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

arenta.2953

Guys…………. if they ever make cantha in gw2….. it wont be anytime soon. Not this century! Why? They dont hv resources dont hv fund for this … anyone wanna pay for a team to develop this put your hand up :p :p

…..(has spent $60 in in game store in past 2 weeks)

….1 name change. 3 hairstyle kits….(ok….6 hairstyle kits…don’t judge me i love changing my appearence to match my mood). and other stuff.

aka 4 months of WoW subscription….so if 10% of the playerbase is like me(in how much thye pay weekly) then yeah….they should be fine

Posted by: Blue Magnolia.5207

Blue Magnolia.5207

I for one would be amazed if we hear anything about this from ANet/NC Soft people in 2015
But I would buy the game obviously – I still listen to all the GW1 soundtracks regularly

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Instead of GW2 with Cantha, can we start over with a completely new game: Guld Wars Factions 2? And make it the real sequel to Guild Wars?

I’m failing to see how this would be fundamentally any different than an expansion…

That’s the point. I’d rather see a new game more true to what Guild Wars is, than a GW2 expansion.

They just need to start over and actually make the amazing game they told us about during GW2 development.

That’s part of what made the gw1 expansions such a brilliant marketing strategy and set them apart from all the other mmo’s back then… each “expansion” was also a “stand-alone game.” Meaning if you bought factions you didn’t have to also buy prophecies to play it. This was very revolutionary marketing at the time. Seeing how if you wanted to play the latest wow expansion wrath of the lich king you also had to buy vanilla and the burning crusade too, shelling out a small fortune just to catch up and that’s before the monthly fees lol. Also because each game was stand alone each game felt bigger (at least to me) than other mmo’s that just released an expansion. Thus more content to enjoy. And they did a lot more than say just add one class and fix talent trees… they added 2 classes, literally hundreds of new skills and tons of elite skills per class, and much more story (Guild Wars was kind of famous for both having an amazing story and also just having a lot of story was very different back then for a mmo, sure WoW has a lot of backstory IF you’re familiar with it but its not in game and if it is its so subtle most people miss it)

That being said there’s no reason why a “new expansion” couldn’t also be a “stand alone game” too. It was part of the gw1 marketing strategy and they sold a ton of games because of it. Also it didn’t stop people from buying the other expansions if anything it encouraged it b/c people could “try it out” at a cheaper starting point and then would usually love it and want to buy the other games too. It was one of the reasons the big game reviews websites loved gw1 so much and why gw2 had so much hype before release, just bc anet did things very different intentionally. Now to reward existing players already playing gw2, they would be able to “link” their games. This way veterans don’t feel like they wasted time or resources farming or pvp’ing or getting titles, legendaries etc or having to get them again on the new gw2 game. Instead once the 2 games were linked then the new game would behave exactly like an expansion, everything would transfer over/have access to.

That being said I’m always up for more “being more true to gw” At least guild halls, capes, and gvg would be great starting points and please most of the fanbase.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Bumping because we need Cantha back. THE CANTHA THREAD WILL NEVER DIE!

I just stopped by this thread to see if anything new or different has been said. So far I’ve seen nothing new. Surely, this thread wont die, just as ArenaNet will never bring back Cantha or Elona because reasons.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

arenta.2953

ok, since i actually had fun writing my idea for cantha story….(and cause this idea randomly came to me) i’m gonna post it here.

but first….i now understand how you become a fanfic writer…..but kittens fun.

so this is my idea for the intro quest to a cantha expansion in gw2.

You are called to the tarnished coast by trahearne to investigate a strange body recently washed up on shore

upon arrival you find pact soldiers surrounding something barely resembling a human, bloated and inflated. it looks sick beyond anything you’ve seen before.

a priory scholar comes up to you to explian the tattered garbs he wears originate from Cantha.

As you take a closer look at the body, a human from the order of whispers jumps forward, grabbing you and throwing you away from the body. secounds later the body explodes, knocking the pact soldiers around it off thier feet.

Recovering, you get up to see where the body was, nothing remains of the body save for a tattered piece of cloth it was originally wearing.

as you move to pick it up, the order of whispers human who had originally pushed you back from the body suddently attacks you. Its not just him, all the pact soldiers hit by the blast turn on one another.

the soldiers not hit by the blast are caught up in the melee, unsure what they should do, some are cut down by thier once allies, the remaining try to flee.

caught in the center of the melee you fight your way out, killing some of these soldiers you once called allies. However the crazed pact soldiers give chase to you and escape from this madness(crap…spoiler there…was trying to avoid that word) seems immposible.

Gun shots shatter the sound of the melee, the fleeing pact soldiers have regrouped and seeing your trouble give supporting fire.

after the fight is over, the surviving pact members, numbering a fraction of thier former numbers, look at the field of corpses that once were comrades in arms to them. what caused this?

you need to investigate

in the next quest you will go to the order of whispers base as the member who pushed you away from the corpse seemed to have realized what was going to happen secounds before it did. it is here you discover the madness you saw is known as the affliction, a canthan infection that starts with madness and leads to corruption.

and now, its spread to tyria.

havign fun coming up with ideas, we could turn this thread into a thread filled with ideas for quests, side quests, plots and plot twists to show Arenanet that not only do we want cantha, we have ideas for them to use to help them.

imagine if your idea was actually used! i would faint xD

Story idea: http://farseerarya.deviantart.com/art/GW2-Cantha-Story-Idea-501244637?q=gallery%3AFarseerArya&qo=1

(edited by arenta.2953)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Waiting the day when this thread gets a merge with the expansion one.
Happy new year!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Happy new year!

I think they are separate topics and can stand alone. Thanks for the suggestions, though. And Happy New Year to you, as well!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Bring…Cantha…And…Elona…Back…
We…Will…Not…Let…It…Go…

This lol. I agree 100%

Necromancer Main

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

I think when the pact finaly has enough time and resourses that they can send a ship in Cantha’s direction. they’ll find that the Luxons and the jade sea are completly gone. Melted away completly in 250 years.
The Kruzic forest is over grown, ruins of a lost past still there but its inhabitants were killed long ago. Al though you might find some Dredge there that are friendly. Since those have the forest and lands to them selves for almost 200 years now.
Shing Jea Island, you can find under water off the coast, its buildings coverd in algea. The result of Orr raising and the tidal wave that destroyed LA.
Cantha’s coast currently are buildings build on the ruins in the water who once up on a time were where people lived before that too got flooded.
The Cantha of today barely resembles that of its past. A tsunami having drowned a large part of its great city. Instead its a city of bamboo build againt the ruins of times past. With many bridges everywhere, along with rope-lifts and the like.

The Luxons, thought to be dead, drowned with their jade sea, are infact now living under it. 250 years of underwater life has evolved them to no longer be human so much as more manta ray like. They call them selves Largos now. Using the whole of their underwater land as their hunting grounds.
It was hard, making this change, but with their home litterally melting under them, and
the Cantha Ministery all but ready to declare war. This was the only way to at least preserve some of their belief and way of life. be it underwater.
The Cantha Ministery saw this as an afftront and the conflic is what drove the Largos to
shun human and land dwelling species.

And in the very tips of the echoval forest, you can, if you look closely. Find the very last tribe of tengu. They hid them selves there and their coloring very much matches their surounding. They build a home there. but they too are very aware that humans and ground dwellers are very dangerouse.

So thats what i see being Cantha today.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

aspirine.6852

Bring…Cantha…And…Elona…Back…
We…Will…Not…Let…It…Go…

And I will buy it, twice. One for me and another gift to a friend player that left. Because he didnt like the living story.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I think when the pact finaly has enough time and resourses that they can send a ship in Cantha’s direction. they’ll find that the Luxons and the jade sea are completly gone. Melted away completly in 250 years.
The Kruzic forest is over grown, ruins of a lost past still there but its inhabitants were killed long ago. Al though you might find some Dredge there that are friendly. Since those have the forest and lands to them selves for almost 200 years now.
Shing Jea Island, you can find under water off the coast, its buildings coverd in algea. The result of Orr raising and the tidal wave that destroyed LA.
Cantha’s coast currently are buildings build on the ruins in the water who once up on a time were where people lived before that too got flooded.
The Cantha of today barely resembles that of its past. A tsunami having drowned a large part of its great city. Instead its a city of bamboo build againt the ruins of times past. With many bridges everywhere, along with rope-lifts and the like.

The Luxons, thought to be dead, drowned with their jade sea, are infact now living under it. 250 years of underwater life has evolved them to no longer be human so much as more manta ray like. They call them selves Largos now. Using the whole of their underwater land as their hunting grounds.
It was hard, making this change, but with their home litterally melting under them, and
the Cantha Ministery all but ready to declare war. This was the only way to at least preserve some of their belief and way of life. be it underwater.
The Cantha Ministery saw this as an afftront and the conflic is what drove the Largos to
shun human and land dwelling species.

And in the very tips of the echoval forest, you can, if you look closely. Find the very last tribe of tengu. They hid them selves there and their coloring very much matches their surounding. They build a home there. but they too are very aware that humans and ground dwellers are very dangerouse.

So thats what i see being Cantha today.

Seems like Will Smith is missing and you have confused water with zombies.

aspirine.6852

Can you imagine each expansion bringing a different WvW map EB + borderlands too. Asian themed WvW in Cantha, African themed in Elona?
So not only we have borderlands rotations every week, also a map change..
I can dream can I.

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Happy new year!

I think they are separate topics and can stand alone. Thanks for the suggestions, though. And Happy New Year to you, as well!

Cantha Confirmed!

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I had bet a friend two years ago that Cantha would be out by 2015.

Well, you guys let me down for sure. Better late than never, however, so I expect Cantha to be released by 2017. Get working.

Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

I wish we could send that artist some flowers for actually communicating. It’s more than Anet does.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

cantha cantha gooble gobble gooble gobble cantha cantha gooble gobble gooble gobble lol (I totally expect this post to be delete for not contributing anything to the conversation xP)

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Blackbox.5743

Blackbox.5743

potential insider info for pax east, 1/24:
- they’re gonna announce Guild vs Guild
- Guild Halls
- Pvp Tournament and new armor set already datamined
- LS content update

Year goes on with that stuff.
So no Cantha for the players. No expectations.

aspirine.6852

potential insider info for pax east, 1/24:
- they’re gonna announce Guild vs Guild
- Guild Halls
- Pvp Tournament and new armor set already datamined
- LS content update

Year goes on with that stuff.
So no Cantha for the players. No expectations.

Where did you read about the datamined things?
I would not have expected an expansion on pax btw, but news about it.

Posted by: Blackbox.5743

Blackbox.5743

For items like armor sets

normally

https://www.youtube.com/user/thatshaman000

is da man to follow

aspirine.6852

Thanks, and to be honest that is the first time I thought about armours in the game that look pretty kitten good.

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Almost everyone who played GW1 seems to want a cantha expansion for GW2 based on how great it was for GW1.

Ive been playing gw1 in my spare time over the past few months, just recently finished cantha and it just don’t get it?

Not trying to say it shouldn’t come back, I would just like peoples opinions on why they feel its so great.

I honestly found it worse than nightfall and eotn. 2/3 of the map were ugly. Kaineng city graphics seemed poorer quality compared to the rest of the game. The story itself was OK but ruined for me by the voice acting and irritating ‘protect master togo’ missions.

Is it simply because I missed the hype and newness of the game when it was first released? Or the fact Ive been playing with heros rather than real people?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

As someone who has played GW1 since it’s first beta I can make a guess and say that it is this:

Is it simply because I missed the hype and newness of the game when it was first released?

Combined with some nostalgia and the fact that Factions came out around the time that Guild Wars was most popular and populated.

Personally I hated Kaineng. I loved shing jea though. I also loved the music and the professions.

(edited by Diovid.9506)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well Kaineng wasn’t too nice, BUT I liked the monastary Shing Jea and I liked the part below Kaineng, where the Luxons and the Kurzicks waged war, continously. It was alive.

Also loved the story, the big enemy (Shiro) and the Jade Sea (Luxon area) as a whole, it was beautiful.
I liked the Kurzick area as well it was full of things which were nice, The hunt for the Black Moa included…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I didn’t play Guild Wars until after Guild Wars 2 caught my eye, and I thought the Factions expansion (the writing and voice acting) were atrocious, so my opinion on what Cantha could add to this game aren’t borne of hype or nostalgia.

Some of the environments are unique; petrified forests and solidified seas aren’t something you find in a lot of MMOs (as far as I know). And Kaineng City with a third axis to play with could be amazing. The city could be designed in a way that does justice to it’s original concept art, and the possibilities for jumping puzzles are through the roof. No doubt there are also people who want Cantha because it serves as an analogue for the far east.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I played gw1 when it was just prophecies, and quit after a week or so at 20. Listening to people now, I still don’t get the hype over the original, even after buying the expansions when on sale on steam to work on hall of monuments. And then I saw the grind for stuff….so much grind….

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Good points didnt think about the possibility for a JP kaineng. The jade sea though has suppost to have melted and be water again and the stone forest has return to normal so from a lore perspective they couldnt bring those back.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Play the Winds of Change events and see what you think:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Winds_of_Change

I liked that a lot more than the original factions story.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

The luxon-kurzick part was my favourite (and the siege of fort aspenwood was epic) but yes, nightfall was better overall

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

personally Nightfall was my favorite expansion to the original GW. I thought Factions had some beautiful environments and the idea of the luxons/kurzik fighting over towns/outposts was an interesting twist, but it was my least favorite of the three campaigns.