in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Remember… Cantha by Christmas!

The Cantha Thread [Merged]

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

All I really want from cantha is – Tengu as a playable race!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I spent the entire weekend playing in Guild Wars 1 Cantha maps.

~sigh~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Maybe a new WvW map that takes place in Cantha can be introduced?

Posted by: Ragfell.7594

Ragfell.7594

There’s an idea. How about it, ANet?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Or…how about…Alliance Battles? o.O

Ragfell.7594

Or…how about…Alliance Battles? o.O

Don’t…don’t give me heart palpitations like that.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Possible Masteries:

Gliding; Both The Echovald Forest and Kaineng city are places with great hights.

Nuhoc Wallows: In the echovald forest you could call it tree climbing, in Kaineng city call it sewer mastery.

Dredge Lore/Luxon Lore/Kurzick Lore/Warden Lore this time add actual lore please a-net. The dredge might have been forced back down, but they still have their tunnel, right? Are the wardens (aka Canthan Sylvari) still alive?

Jade Surfing the thawing jade has been creating weak spots on the jade sea making it impossible to walk on, learn from the luxons to surf over the jadeite weak spots.

Ministry of purity rise in the ranks of the ministry and get allowed access to exclusive places.

PS, rather tired when I wrote this, so it isn’t my strongest work.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: KingSnide.3205

KingSnide.3205

COME ON ARENANET! Cantha deserves some much needed love, as does Elona. Perhaps in Elona we can overthrow the tyrannical rule of Palawa Joko and restore the Sun Spears to protectors of all Elona. Gotta admit, although I love Cantha and the lore behind it, Nightfall was my favorite, simply because I got to become a Sun Spear.

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Cantha is easily my favorite campaign from the original Guild Wars, not just because it added the Assassin ( my favorite ) but the incredible amount of new skills & artwork was simply beautiful.

I still enjoy going through the campaign with a new character, Shiro is the ultimate evil bad*ss and I want his story continued. He was taken by the envoys and put somewhere in the UW, will we get to visit that in GW2? It would seriously take away from a HUGE part of GW if Cantha doesn’t exist anymore.. which doesn’t make sense anyway.

You can’t just take a big chunk of the lore out because some people will be offended… I don’t recall Factions starting an uprising in the Asian territories.

COME ON ARENANET! Cantha deserves some much needed love, as does Elona. Perhaps in Elona we can overthrow the tyrannical rule of Palawa Joko and restore the Sun Spears to protectors of all Elona. Gotta admit, although I love Cantha and the lore behind it, Nightfall was my favorite, simply because I got to become a Sun Spear.

Hey! Palawa Joko is simply too awesome to be evil, I always saw him as kind of chaotic-neutral. I really really hope we get to see him and he helps us defeat the elder dragon. We all know who the true king of the undead is! It sure as hell wasn’t Zhaitan lol…

(edited by Rukia.9860)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

WoW, 55 pages..

when will people actually do finalyl give up and see in, that Cantha most likely will never come back???

Don’t you realize after these 3 years, that it obviously is the case, that Guild Wars 2 with its 10+ years lifespan was from the begin on with its whole story designerd to be based on the continent Tyria only and that everything around Cantha/Elona was just only a tiny bit of flavor lore to tell us, what in the last 250 years changed there….

Personally I doubt hard, that we will ever see Cantha/Elona as explorable new continents in this game, as long we have to fight off first 4 other elder dragons in tyria first, before we get time to mess around with an simple undead ruler in Elona and the human emperor version of “kitten” in cantha who letted banish out all other races from Cantha (including the Tengus), which weren’t humans.

That this discussion here hasn’t been stopped by ANet already a long time ago, feeding the “hope” this way for unneccessary 3 years.

It would be totally unfitting, if Anet would suddenly let us go expplore Cantha,/Elone, while in Tyria still reigns toe total chaotic terror and death that comes from the last four remaining elder dragons which need to be slain first to bring peace to Tyria as world and not continent seen as a whole, because those dragons are a serious dangerous threat for the whole world and not just only the continent we currently play on, which just to dsay it ids also something, what we can’t even explore yet to 100%.

Many of the old GW1 regions that were explorabel, can#t we even explore yet in GW2…

- The Fire Ring Islands
- The Crystal Desert
- The Northern Shiverpeaks
- Some the EotN Regions, like Tarnished Coast, Charr Homelands…
- Deldrimor Mountains and the Undergrounds
- Woodland Cascades and everything north of Kryta
- Large Sea parts that could be used for some kind of Underwater Content (Deep Sea Dragon)
- Dominion of the Winds.

Thats soo much content that needs just to happen first for Tyria, before we can go to any other continent, that it is more likely to see a GW3 getting by the end of all that content announced, than to see ever Cantha or Elona for GW2 after all the Dragons have been slain.

Maybe then in a GW3 we will focus on a new different story and content, that will bring us then into a game, that is focused around Cantha and Elona, as both continents in itself were also alot smaller than Tyria.
Maybe GW2 can be then focused on a shared story between Cantha and Elona, that is based on the return of the Gods and a Revival of Abaddon…

That would make at least some kind of sense, that the gods return once the elder dragons are away and that abaddon uses all that trouble over the last centuries of the games hidstory to prepare silently his revival through the help of its demonic followers that hided themself in Cantha and Elona over all the years and worked secretly on their devilish plan to ressurect Abaddon.

Due to both continents, Cantha and Elona being heavily tied to “demons”, it would make only sense that the lore of a possible GW3 would be based on some kind of demons that plague the lands there again.
Mursaat for example could make for GW3 their return there.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

http://www.callofcantha.vasburg.com/pano/shing_jea/html/shing_jea.html
http://www.callofcantha.vasburg.com/pano/kaineng/html/kaineng.html

Hnng, I’m not sure which one I like better…

when will people actually do finalyl give up and see in, that Cantha most likely will never come back???

Tbh even if they do say its never coming back it won’t stop me from continuing to want it. I’ll just continue to fawn over the art and music from one of my favorite expacks.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Posted by: Seraph.6145

Seraph.6145

Wow! 55 pages… When will people actually do finally give up and see, that Cantha most likely will never come back???

Nevar! We shall hammer this forum with Cantha threads ‘till we get our precious lovely xpac! Doesn’t matter if it takes hundreds or even thousands pages! Guild Wars ain’t complete without the Empire of the Dragon! More importantly, WE are not complete without our homeland! #CanthanLivesMatter #ForTheTurtle

Imagine gliding over Shing Jea Island, Kaineng City or Jade Sea! Hnnnng!

Ragfell.7594

Possible Masteries:

Dredge Lore/Luxon Lore/Kurzick Lore/Warden Lore this time add actual lore please a-net. The dredge might have been forced back down, but they still have their tunnel, right? Are the wardens (aka Canthan Sylvari) still alive?

Different kind of warden. Not the sylvari kind (though I’d love it if we could twist them together).

Posted by: Breo.9341

Breo.9341

I usually don’t post on forums. But I love my Cantha too much to not let my voice be heard. Please make a Canthan expansion pack. I will give you lots of money if you do :)

(edited by Breo.9341)

Posted by: cronoxhun.7306

cronoxhun.7306

I usually don’t post on forums. But I love my Cantha too much to not let my voice be heard. Please make a Canthan expansion pack. I will give you lots of money if you do

Same here, I would have instabuy the expansion if it was about Cantha, now I still haven’t bought HoT.

Posted by: Castielq.2837

Castielq.2837

I really hope that we will get Cantha and Elona in the future. I really miss it !

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

If Anet ever wants another dollar from this player, they will produce either Elona or Cantha. I don’t buy outfits. I refuse to play anything associated with HOT (except Revenant), and am bitter and angry about that expansion. You want money from any of my four accounts? Get busy on the new continent. 4 maps and one new profession will not cut it!

Posted by: Petez.2975

Petez.2975

I’m Asian and not the least offended by the so-called amalgation of Eastern Cultures in Cantha. Bring it!

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

So…Cantha for Christmas right?
And Tengu as additional race

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I really want to see Elona again. I want to trek through the crystal desert. See the giant fallen statues, deal with the Forgotten. I want to fight Palawa Joko. I want to see what has happened there in the past few hundred years, in areas like Vabbi

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: SheHunterInTraining.5628

SheHunterInTraining.5628

I’d be over the moon if Cantha came back in one way or the other! It would be interesting to see what has happened there. And what has happened to Kuunavang!
Also, tengu as a playable race… I would definitely buy the expansion if any of these were in it.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

The Lunar New Year stuff was great! So when will Cantha save us from E-sports Hell?

Posted by: crepuscular.9047

crepuscular.9047

kinda weird that the elder dragons are only limited to tyria, some how all of them too chicken to even claw into elonia even though tyria and enonia are are joined by land.

what’s beyond the maguma waste, northern shiver peaks, charr homeland, east of vabbi, and where does cantha fit into the ‘globe’. (assuming their world is rounded or oval)

Ci7-4471 + Corsair Hydro H100i | EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Samsung EVO PRO

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

kinda weird that the elder dragons are only limited to tyria, some how all of them too chicken to even claw into elonia even though tyria and enonia are are joined by land.

what’s beyond the maguma waste, northern shiver peaks, charr homeland, east of vabbi, and where does cantha fit into the ‘globe’. (assuming their world is rounded or oval)

Should be far south of Elona.

https://totallytyria.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/tyria-1.jpg

This seems to be the most common interpretation, no idea if it’s official.

Edit: Right, seems like that’s correct as this is a world map available ingame: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jdyAXWj3YAM/maxresdefault.jpg

Cantha clearly positioned south of Elona.

(edited by Rasgalinj.2763)

Posted by: Roxas.2084

Roxas.2084

Please give us Cantha, my kitten needs it.

Ragfell.7594

Please give us Cantha, my kitten needs it.

Your kitteh? :P Haha.

The demand…it’s here…

Posted by: DawnSketch.7105

DawnSketch.7105

I sware on the Pale Tree if Anet does this I’m gone. It would be pure pandering and wholly irresponsible story wise for the PC to just run off to a new land with a whole mess of elder dragons knocking around. We don’t even know what one of them is capable of, it’s just chilling out at the bottom of the sea ready to pop up and turn us to mush!

You guys wanted your PC to be the big kitten hero so this is what you get. Trapped in Tyria, fighting dragons bigger than skyscrapers in sucky boss battles while dancing on Trehearne & Eir's graves because they dared to have agency in the shadow of the PC’s glorious, divine farts.

I do Commissions of Player Characters! Contact me via:
Dawnpainterz @ DeviantART or
Dawnpainterz @ Gmail

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I sware on the Pale Tree if Anet does this I’m gone. It would be pure pandering and wholly irresponsible story wise for the PC to just run off to a new land with a whole mess of elder dragons knocking around. We don’t even know what one of them is capable of, it’s just chilling out at the bottom of the sea ready to pop up and turn us to mush!

You guys wanted your PC to be the big kitten hero so this is what you get. Trapped in Tyria, fighting dragons bigger than skyscrapers in sucky boss battles while dancing on Trehearne & Eir's graves because they dared to have agency in the shadow of the PC’s glorious, divine farts.

why wouldnt one or more of the dragons be IN cantha or elona?

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

There are enough reasons to go to Cantha or Elona.
Even the dragons can be there.

Kalkratorik went roughly towards Elona and we got Steve AWOL in the oceans, which means he could easily terrorize Cantha.

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

I would pay $$ just to have the music from Factions playable in my guild hall.

Verum et Vitae

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Yes, I can go back to GW1: Factions. But it is deserted most of the time. Fort Aspenwood was beautiful and fun, from both sides. God, I miss these times. Got both my Kurzick and Luxon rank maxed from just this one mission. (Yes, crazy me) Too bad there is nothing like Aspenwood nowadays and impossible to get into there in GW1.

I would love to wander around in the pretrified forest again. To see the vast plans of the jade see once more. To explore the endless city of Kaineng and see the peaceful Shin Jea island again.

Any chance to see any of this back in GW2? Will it be solo-player friendly? Unlike the HoT expansion where you get one-shotted all the time when you as single roamer try to achieve something.

Yeah, sure, let the b*tching begin below. About how I suck at HoT or how it has been posted before. But I just like to give my honest opinion. Hoping the dev team does not forget about their beautiful legacy of GW:Factions.

Missing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iETPXSbDwjY

And this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAy2TCVwaM

Attachments:

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

(edited by TheQuickFox.3826)

Ragfell.7594

I would pay $$ just to have the music from Factions playable in my guild hall.

^All the this.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

GW1: Fort Aspenwood

i would buy a cantha expansion just for this.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The problem of ‘it insulted’ people from ASIA – I dont get it..

Yes its a mash of cultures to make the art-work, but personally I loved it !
What people have to realise ‘its fantasy’ , ‘a game’ – plenty of games have mashed cultures to make backdrops and people dont rage how the blending of asian cultures to make the artwork is an insult to there culture.

I do want to see cantha back

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

Yep, 4 years and the disappointment still nettles.

Too bad all the dev time that was squandered on what became the giant hole in DR can’t be magically recovered and used to complete a few more Legendary Weapons.

Of course the stadium they finally covered it up with is pretty much like the Olympic venue in Greece, which at least still has a sports club that uses it. That one even has an event now and then.

Posted by: gemini.7156

gemini.7156

if you give us cantha in the next expanson, i will buy , i love cantha

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

I really really really want…Elona.

But I really really want Cantha too.

So much world to explore…so much lore…I neeeeeed iiiiiittttt!

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

GW1: Fort Aspenwood

i would buy a cantha expansion just for this.

I would also buy a Cantha expansion for this

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Siver.1806

Siver.1806

If cantha comes back I could finally drop GW1 I am still addicted to that game and that way I barely spend time in GW2 I didn’t even made much of the HoT stuff in GW2 just because I can’t stop to explre again and again every little inch of cantha in GW1 doing again and again each mission because I love the lore and design so much! It is such a wonderful world and I hope it comes back with a giant wave of migration because the dragons made it impossible to live in Kryta anymore so all races have to setle down in that giant overpopulated city!

The thing that always bothered me the most was that why there was never an asura portal to Cantha. I mean in GW1 was one in the underground (You know the one that brought you to eotn) and the asura always tell us how genious they were so they should be able to relink it to their new portal system and them flood back to cantha (FROM THE UNDERGROUND!)

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Stop take a breath and count to ten

Then notice this very topic dates back over three years ago

I’d prefer Elona and Cantha was a very unique experience by MMO standards as it had complete city zones. But I really don’t think or expect anything in the way of meaningful content anymore given the breath of time this very topic has existed.

Gw1 remains king however with no updates all we can hope for is a clone of sorts.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

ive taken a breath and I’ve realised that Anet are not going to make a clone, so yup would love Cantha and Aspenwood to be introduced – spent many an hour fiddling with builds for that place, great fun.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Ragfell.7594

Stop take a breath and count to ten

Then notice this very topic dates back over three years ago.

That just tells me that people want it.

Castielq.2837

We need cantha !

There could be so much that they could add with an expansion Cantha, new profession which would be Ritualist since we have Thief ( Assassin ) and I doubt they would ever make 2 new professions let alone 1 but if there is one let it be Ritualist. They could also bring back capes with it. Lot’s of new armor Kurzick and Luxon… There is lots and lots that could be added in it from gw1.

(edited by Castielq.2837)

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I read a tiny blurb about Cantha and Elona when I was reading up on the wiki on how your sister Deborah’s appearance changes with “Fall of Falcon Company”, and it made me so upset that those countries are not in GW2. Honestly! Elona especially interests me, as I’ve been wanting to see a true desert zone in GW2. I never played GW1, since in those days I was playing WoW. (By the way, is GW1 the same as GW2, where you buy it and then never have to pay monthly subscriptions to play?)

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Castielq.2837

I read a tiny blurb about Cantha and Elona when I was reading up on the wiki on how your sister Deborah’s appearance changes with “Fall of Falcon Company”, and it made me so upset that those countries are not in GW2. Honestly! Elona especially interests me, as I’ve been wanting to see a true desert zone in GW2. I never played GW1, since in those days I was playing WoW. (By the way, is GW1 the same as GW2, where you buy it and then never have to pay monthly subscriptions to play?)

Yes, GW1 is buy to play. No monthly subscriptions. Even if we are far from Cantha. I would love to see Elona, maybe we are heading toward Crystal Desert with Living Story Season 3 and eventually with an expension come to Elona. That would be amazing. Anything connected to GW1 is just amazing !

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Yes, GW1 is buy to play. No monthly subscriptions. Even if we are far from Cantha. I would love to see Elona, maybe we are heading toward Crystal Desert with Living Story Season 3 and eventually with an expension come to Elona. That would be amazing. Anything connected to GW1 is just amazing !

That’s what I would wish, but a lot of people are theorizing that we may be going to Far Shiverpeaks for LWS3, bleck.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

<3 Cantha (not the city)

Posted by: Konjo.4981

Konjo.4981

I would literally burst into tears of joy if ArenaNet would confirm Cantha.

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

I think the reason Arenanet has not developed a true expansion is because NC Soft through its division NC Soft West has not been committed to growing the IP to truly compete with the MMORPG of its rivals. I think It’s too focused on Blade & Soul. The truth is a large fraction of the budget for the development of Blade & Soul should have gone to developing an expansion that would have allowed GW2 to compete in China in a wholistic and serious way.