The Mount Feedback Compilation Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Can we compile feedback into one organized thread to make it easier for devs and ourselves as well? There have been quite some issues and feedback with the mounts discussed. Some of which I’ve seen personally and on the forums – some more high priority, some extra desirables – were:

- Too much dismounting/mounting when interacting, such as talking to NPCs or viewing vistas and bounty board: Thread

- Motion sickness due to camera/graphic effects while using mounts: Thread

- Being stuck on terrain, such as slopes, and slight obstacles, also while jumping, due to run up space/momentum, etc. (Mentioned in various threads)

- Some jump glitches, jump not triggering at the right time (somehow)

- Inability to strafe / suggestion to allow strafing: Thread

- Look Behind or 180s not possible on mount

- Mount feeling clumsy and heavy (which is for a lot of players desirable as it feels realistic): Thread

- Realistic mount size scaling between different character races i.e. Asura vs Charr, smaller vs larger character creation: Thread

- More dye options: Thread

- Ability to name your mount?

- More mount emotes including commands such as /sit /sleep /dance : Thread

- Ability for character to be in tonic form? Probably interprets to something about compatibility with more character model options/movements while on mount? Not sure how this one goes

- Mounts (all unlocked) appear in home instance? Play/feed with mounts? : Thread

Thanks to everyone who has contributed these suggestions and I hope you don’t think I’m stealing your ideas! Credits go to those who have posted these. Just compressing things.

Feel free to elaborate and add more concerns, but let’s try to make a comprehensive and simple list and try not to do too much back and forth as we’ve covered a lot of these in separate threads!!

Personally I’ve been enjoying the mounts so far, and thanks to Anet for this great addition to the game, and its realism

(edited by takatsu.9416)

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

Mount skins.
I want my energy wolf to be a real wolf. And I want to ride on a lion, but that can wait.

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Added the mount scaling realism issue mentioned by Shiren.