The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Far fewer choices in pve for those who only do pve. This is an amazingly crappy change. I thought we were going to get more options not less. You already did Less and people HATED it. You can’t be that clueless Anet.

Add more options!

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

No, this is easier for people who don’t want to grind all 10 achievement points. While this is directed at NPE players, personally I prefer this.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Far fewer choices in pve for those who only do pve. This is an amazingly crappy change. I thought we were going to get more options not less. You already did Less and people HATED it. You can’t be that clueless Anet.

Add more options!

It’s a good change.
It rewards people who enjoy all areas of content, incentivizes players to try other forms of content, and is possible for people who refuse to expand their horizons.

If you’re intent on only doing PvE, then you’ve got a self-imposed restriction that is making it more difficult than it needs to be for you.

Note that this message comes to you from a guy who pretty much ONLY does PvE and who will need to expand his own horizons now.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Add more options!

‘’You can’t be that clueless Anet’’

Do you really imagine the game to made based on your needs?
It should be the other way around. You play because you like it. You don’t play if you don’t like it. It is good to give feedback but it is annoying to see players insulting the company when they, themselves, have no idea what they want and they keep complaining, not realizing, that 2 months ago, there were complaints about the exact opposite of what they want now.

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

If you’re intent on only doing PvE, then you’ve got a self-imposed restriction that is making it more difficult than it needs to be for you.

Really. Tell that to the friend I knew a little time back who has cerebral palsy and can only use one arm/hand (with poor coordination, at that).

Self-imposed. Hmm.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Really. Tell that to the friend I knew a little time back who has cerebral palsy and can only use one arm/hand (with poor coordination, at that).

Self-imposed. Hmm.

That doesn’t stop him from killing Sentries (assuming he can play the rest of the game)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Slaptjip.4895

Slaptjip.4895

I cannot recall that I ever complained about something on the forums, if I did excuse me…

BUT

After 3257 hours of game play this is by far the most ridiculous update I have ever seen.

What happened to NO GRIND concept?

Having to enjoy completing your daily doing things you like doing.

Having to drop what I am doing to engage in a activity I do not like doing just because Anet wants me to do it.

I have 4 characters of 3 with 100% world completion & story completion.

I tried everything but after 3000 hours I do what I like doing.

Pfft why do I bother, they do as they not say and say as they do not do….

mtpelion.4562

Self-imposed. Hmm.

Really.

Your “appeal to emotion” fallacy is duly noted and rejected as irrational.
If you can participate in PvE, then you have the level of coordination necessary to participate in WvW or PvP at a level that will satisfy the daily.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It rewards people who enjoy all areas of content, incentivizes players to try other forms of content

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Dailies aren’t even a requirement, so what’s their to whine about. Or just buckle up and do 3 of the 4 PvE items to get your daily done, it’s not that hard people. So you might have to do a World Boss now and again, or take 5 minutes out of your routine to do go to a specific zone and do a specific event…it’s not the end of the world. Stop your griping and kittening.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I’m not going to speak against this new system until I tried it. However, I never agree with the content cross references.

It’s a bit like telling a MYST player to go play Call of Duty because it builds character.

Not everyone feels like doing competitive things every day. I personally enjoy PvP more when I don’t have to do it.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

Same could be said about those against the change.

mtpelion.4562

I’m not going to speak against this new system until I tried it. However, I never agree with the content cross references.

It’s a bit like telling a MYST player to go play Call of Duty because it builds character.

Not everyone feels like doing competitive things every day. I personally enjoy PvP more when I don’t have to do it.

The thing is though, the entire point of dailies is to incentivize players to participate in different content. They weren’t very good at doing that before, so this change improves their ability to perform their purpose at the cost of removing the ease at which they were formerly completed (the ease which was the main reason they didn’t achieve their purpose).

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yeah… Just no…

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah… Just no…

This update is highly subjective and depends on the personal preference of the individual player. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean others cannot.

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

4 options for pve is just not enough. It forces you to play certain content you don’t like while i could previously get my daily while playing SW or dungeons or fotm etc, this is a nightmare to me. Also, the daily log-in doesn’t work or does it start tomorrow?

DarkWasp.7291

4 options for pve is just not enough. It forces you to play certain content you don’t like while i could previously get my daily while playing SW or dungeons or fotm etc, this is a nightmare to me. Also, the daily log-in doesn’t work or does it start tomorrow?

It starts tomorrow if you were on last night after reset prior to the update today.

Imaginos.3756

Add more options!

It should be the other way around. You play because you like it. You don’t play if you don’t like it. It is good to give feedback but it is annoying to see players insulting the company when they, themselves, have no idea what they want and they keep complaining, not realizing, that 2 months ago, there were complaints about the exact opposite of what they want now.

Sweet so I don’t play, I don’t spend money in their gem store, they don’t make any cash. Great!

Imaginos.3756

it’s even worse if you’re a new player, you get 1 choice from each category and must complete all 3 for the daily. So you’re FORCED to do content you don’t like If you want the daily reward.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’m fine with them. Actually i don’t mind at least logging in to get them. Now they just need to fix the tiresome list of bugs and i might actually start playing again.

BTW, what’s with completing the JP and your character bugging out so bad… Yet another bug to add to the list?

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Wow people don’t agree with you and have their own opinion… Blasphemy.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

Oh wonderful, the forum just ate my post.
Well, the quintessence was: Add more options or roll back the old system!

DarkWasp.7291

Oh wonderful, the forum just ate my post.
Well, the quintessence was: Add more options or roll back the old system!

Yeah a few minutes ago all the text got a fancy font and switched to center alignment. It was actually pretty cool except that posting broke for that moment.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Same with EOTM. Nice if you WvW, not if you EOTM instead though.

Already not liking the new dailies :-/ needs more variety.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

I’m not in favor of the new dailies only because I probably wont complete them anymore. I hardly ever attempted to do my dailies; it would pretty much complete it self while I played. It was a nice incentive to just log in and play for an hour, even if I was only grinding in one zone like Silverwastes. Slowly I’d watch myself accumulate AP (slowly working towards Radiant Armor Pieces), and I’d slowly watch my laurels build up (which eventually I would turn into T6 crafting mats for my legendary). So yeah, seeing as how it’s not as passive, and how I never really attempted to do them to begin with, I have to accept I’ll rarely, if ever, do dailies so long as they remain the same. I think it could been to have the previous system and the new with a rework to the daily AP cap, thus catering to both play styles of those who play like me, and those who don’t want to grind out all ten or do them so passively.

Anyhow, such is the nature of change; on a side note, I am in agreement with the daily logging in system – it kinda makes up for what I’m losing out on.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

I hate the fewer choices for the PvE daily.
With having to do 3 out of 4, not enough choice.

As for forcing (‘stimulating’) players to play other GW2 content for the dailes, the opposite can also happen.
The dailies oddly (and sadly) made me login evry day, if/when i stop liking doing dailies…….

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Add more options!

Sweet so I don’t play, I don’t spend money in their gem store, they don’t make any cash. Great!

I don’t know if you realize it but the world is not about you, you are just a small part of it and sometimes what you want is irrelevant. You may need to grow up a little bit before realizing that instead of threatining people with your money.

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Played every day since Pre and always did the dailies for fun. Now, that fun is gone…

It seems like the Fun Police are making sure to chase all the good stuff outta the game. “Play the way YOU want… as long as it’s the way WE want!”

If the content was any good Anet would not have to “force (‘stimulating’) players” into doing it.

Oh, and for the record there are only two options today that are PvE the rest are bullkitten.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

No, this is easier for people who don’t want to grind all 10 achievement points. While this is directed at NPE players, personally I prefer this.

In case it hadn’t occurred to you, the consolidation of achievement points into daily completion and the limitation on points available could have been implemented without changing what one had to do to get daily completion. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that the two changes had to be put in together.

If you like the new dailies, fine, but like them for themselves, not because of the point limitations.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Add more options!

I don’t know if you realize it but the world is not about you, you are just a small part of it and sometimes what you want is irrelevant. You may need to grow up a little bit before realizing that instead of threatining people with your money.

You’re correct and wrong at the same time. On a personal level what we want is irrelevant, however in this case the person is representative of a certain amount of players that play GW2. Since this person represents other people, depending on the number of people, what he wants can certainly be relevant to the overall games health. As for threatening people with money, you’re just wrong. Money is power, if enough people withhold their cash from a MMO company the MMO dies and the company collapses. As the saying goes, vote with your wallet.

IndigoSundown.5419

Add more options!

I don’t condone the insult, either. However, while I remember complaints about too many achievement points, I don’t remember any about too many choices to get daily completion. The two changes are only joined at the hip because they came in the same update. There is nothing to say that the Daily Achievement Point change could not have been implemented separately.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

it’s even worse if you’re a new player, you get 1 choice from each category and must complete all 3 for the daily. So you’re FORCED to do content you don’t like If you want the daily reward.

Not necessarily.

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

Do we talk about full thief/Engy PvP team today ? =D

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

im surprised they didnt keep the dailys that we had before and allow us to choose 3 from those that we had.. like, puzzle jumper? leveler? skill point accumulator? where are they now?? how about bring those back ! let US CHOOSE 3 that we want to finish and get our dailys that way!

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

“Obviously if people don’t see things from my perspective they are out of touch.”

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

These are times I wish I had easy access to the popcorn gif. But I digress.

At the end of the day Anet did in fact go from very specific and limited daily choices to more expansive ones that ANYONE and any level could conceivably get. It was a change they made early on that I loved because they were truly moving towards the idea of playing your way and getting achievements for it.

They’ve since reduced those choices twice in a row, making them more restrictive than they ever were when the game began. Although I can sort of see where Anet was trying to go with this I can also fully understand the outrage. I also know that I primarily play with my wife most days and mostly when she wants to log in to do something. This change might make her stop coming into the game. Time will tell, but something tells me the deluge of posts in the next few days will make for entertaining reading.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: VisionStorm.5234

VisionStorm.5234

I’m also hating the new changes. Before the dailies were a nice incentive to log in every day, if only for a few minutes, to gain my daily rewards just for doing regular activities (like gathering materials and killing stuff) while I completed the map. Now it’s like a shore of different categories of stuff I hardly even understand that require me to go out of my way to do them, or even log different characters just to have the right “class” for the reward. They needlessly complicated something that used to work as a little “extra” I could do to while I did other stuff, even if I could only play a few minutes that day.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t understand why it’s such a big problem.

I was under the impression that the main reason most people did the dailies was to get the laurel (and maybe the mystic coin), but now you don’t have to do that because those come from the login reward.

The only reason to do a daily achievement is if you want the new rewards unique to that achievement (or if it’s something you were going to do anyway) and the only reason to do the meta achievement is if you want 10 AP. Because that’s all you’ll get from it. If you’re doing it for a laurel or XP or whatever else then you’re wasting your time right from the start.

This affects me too. It’s going to be much, much rare that I’ll complete the daily meta-achievement. But I don’t care because I don’t need 10 AP a day, and if I do want it for some reason I can do it. I might occasionally do individual dailies for the stuff in the chest, but that depends on what they get. From what I’ve seen today I’m not going to bother with most of them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Ashen.2907

They’ve since reduced those choices twice in a row, making them more restrictive than they ever were when the game began..

If I am misremembering you have my apologies, but I don’t recall dailies existing when the game began. Weren’t they added after launch as a means of providing incentive to log in and to try a variety of in game activities ?

IndigoSundown.5419

They’ve since reduced those choices twice in a row, making them more restrictive than they ever were when the game began..

If I am misremembering you have my apologies, but I don’t recall dailies existing when the game began. Weren’t they added after launch as a means of providing incentive to log in and to try a variety of in game activities ?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Research#History

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

I love the new daily. Since there’s no laurel, I don’t have to care at all about doing it.

[TW] Pumped

Posted by: Zeno Iagara.8540

Zeno Iagara.8540

I have to say that I think the new daily system is bad. I used to choose a character and while map exploring do the dailies, as far as I’m able to recall this is the first time I actually got bored, and can’t be kittened with them.

The points and rewards aren’t the sole attraction to do the dailies, what did was that I could just do them while playing. I’ll probably spend less time playing the game now than before the change as running round on map looking for events, before moving to another to harvest, then a third for yadda yadda yadda…

I understand that we are stuck with this change and it is a case of like it or lump it.

Ashen.2907

Thank you for the correction.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

It’s seems like a bad idea to me to have so few options when including something that’s on an event timer. Otherwise, the change makes it easier for AP collection. I still prefer the prior method, but as changes go, this is rather benign.

SBI

ZudetGambeous.9573

“Obviously if people don’t see things from my perspective they are out of touch.”

Pretty much yep. This change is objectively worse than before, opinions don’t really factor into it.

Note: I am not commenting at all on the revamped rewards, just the revamped dailies.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Thank you for finding that info for me. I was in a meeting and couldn’t respond.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I think this is a great change. Dailies were getting to be too much of a ‘job’ for me….I really didn’t enjoy doing them that much just so I could get my laurel. I had gotten to the point where I just did wvw or explored pve, and if I got the daily, fine…..if not…..well ok.
Now that I get a laurel just for logging in, I can kiss the dailies goodbye…..sweet!!!!

Love the new changes to the system!

I would be willing to bet that my wife will like the changes, too…..as she was also treating dailies like a necessary job to do in game for the laurel…..now she will be able to get the laurel for just logging in, and then can spend her time doing other stuff that she enjoys much better than the daily drudgery.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Disliked it 5 days ago, dislike it now.

The new Daily system which hand-holds clueless and aimless players is, accidentally, once again leading to additional limits and constraints for loyal veteran players, which will turn dailies for casual players into even more of a chore and annoyance – just like the Traits (67 pages) and NPE (17 pages) changes did.

PROBLEM

According to this article, players will only have 4 fixed PvE dailies, and they will have to do at least 3 of them to get the daily reward. However, the problem is not with the amount, but with the requirements of new dailies:

• Daily Ascalon Forager
  • Daily Maguuma Wastes Vista Viewer
  • Daily Malchor’s Leap Event Completer
  • Daily Fire Elemental

Let’s look at what this means:

• Bring your character to a region you might not have or don’t want to explore yet (new Sylvari player in Caledon Forest) to harvest stuff there.
  • Bring your level 80 character which you might not have to a region you might not have or don’t want to explore yet and find a vista there.
  • Bring your almost level 80 character which you might not have to a region you might not have or don’t want to explore yet and look for events across that map.
  • Log in at specific time after looking up times at external websites (no in-game schedule exists) and bring your character to a region you might not have or don’t want to explore yet.

How is it different from the current PvE dailies?

• Daily Kills
  • Daily Reviver
  • Daily Events
  • Daily Gatherer
  • Daily Leveler
  • Condition Applier
  • Daily Kill Variety
  • Daily Recycler

Let’s look at what this meant:

• Kill stuff while playing the game when, where and how you want.
  • Revive stuff while playing the game when, where and how you want.
  • Do stuff while playing the game when, where and how you want.
  • Gather stuff while playing the game when, where and how you want.
  • Do enough stuff to get a level while playing the game when, where and how you want.
  • Spam different skills while playing the game when, where and how you want.
  • Kill different stuff while playing the game when, where and how you want.
  • Salvage stuff you get while playing the game when, where and how you want.

In other words, you were rewarded for simply playing the game; unless you were an achievement hunter, it felt natural and it was rather hard not to get dailies while playing PvE. (I think it would be safe to assume that most casual players do not ever step into WvW/PvP; however, the new PvP dailies will have variations of the same problematic concept, like “win a game on a class you don’t know”).

With NPE in mind, I see where there problem lay: completely new players felt clueless and didn’t know what to do! So just as with “go to this vista and press F, go to this PoI and you don’t even have to press F…” system, the new dailies are telling people what they can do. The problem is, though… there are next to no options!

BACKGROUND

These threads from the past are worth noting:

• Only 10 Daily Achivements? – an 8-page thread from 7 months ago where players are annoyed since they’re forced to do specific PvE dailies because of lack of choices. Result: increase in choices.
  • Please make dailies feel more natural – a thread about making dailies feel enjoyable instead of forced.
  • Daily Orrian killer – adding a daily with unnatural requirements caused a lot of distress, and it was still only a subset from a large pool.

SOLUTION

Unsurprisingly, the solution is simple: add at least 3 permanent choices for dailies which come naturally while playing. You know, something from this set:

• Daily Leveler
  • Daily Kills
  • Daily Events
  • Daily Gatherer
  • Daily Recycler
  • Daily Dodger

This way, playing players will be happily getting rewards for playing, and those who need directions or extra rewards, can do the specific stuff.

WHY THIS THREAD IS IMPORTANT and SHOULD NOT BE MERGED

Because threads like this one will appear in tens, if not hundreds when the patch hits. We’ve seen it with megaservers, traits, town clothes, commander tags, gem exchange… well, with all the changes which had easily predictable outcomes which were pointed at by the community, but were implemented regardless because they were already planned to.

So maybe, this time it’s better to listen to players before making this change? It will save so much time for everyone. Thank you.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I dont like it, doesnt really surprise me. Lately they make a lot of crap decisions imo.