The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

Same could be said about those against the change.

Yeah… Just no…

This update is highly subjective and depends on the personal preference of the individual player. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean others cannot.

That is true, and yet somehow people think that forcing everyone to have less options just because they think it is a good idea is somehow a good thing, while having more options benefits more people, including those that think there should be less options. No one is forcing you to do more. And yet here this is trying to force people to do more with less.

So like was said before, Yeah… Just no…

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Personally, I really like the change – especially the way the rewards are done.

Only thing I would recommend – they should stay away from adding anything that requires people to be on at a specific time of the day – specifically, dailies associated with world bosses like the Jungle Worm.

Other than that, this seems like a really positive step.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I reckon the change is awesome, boggles my mind (okay not really) that people are actually complaining about a system that requires less work and more rewards. Then again some people just like to complain.

For me the old dailies took zero work. They got finished doing stuff I wanted to do for the day.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I reckon the change is awesome, boggles my mind (okay not really) that people are actually complaining about a system that requires less work and more rewards. Then again some people just like to complain.

Less work maybe, bit it is so specific that it could prohibit players from achieving it. A new player with only low level characters who has already tried and dislikes WvW and PvP would find it hard if not impossible to do today’s set. Silverwastes is a level 80 map. They’d have to be carried through a fractal and that might be hard to find a group for. And they may not yet have the badges of honor to bypass any actual combat in WvW.

So for them it is do something they don’t like doing or no daily. Whereas the old way, they’d have plenty of options due to the dailies being very generic.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I definitely agree that the choices feel restrictive, hopefully they tweak them a bit for future dailies. Overall I think players will be satisfied, as this change is exactly what a lot of us asked for.

I sure as kitten didn’t ask for this change. And I was too busy playing the game to lurk on the forums everyday to even see if they asked us. Because I would have been thoroughly against this change.

I think some of you are missing the forest for the trees, so to speak. At worst, if one absolutely does not want to complete the dailies, they’ll lose out on 10 AP. Not a big whoop either way.

On the other hand, we’re getting loads of amazing stuff just for showing up!

Seriously, you just log in and collect stuff. How are you guys not psyched about this?

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I love the changes to the dailies. My whole reason for doing them up until this point was to get laurels to make ascended armor. I have 7 characters now in ascended armor/weapons and 2 legendary weapons. I’ll be the first to admit that I work a well paying job and can afford to buy/sell gems in game to pay for the crafting mats so up until now the only thing dictating when and where I HAD to play was the old daily in order to earn laurels.

The AP system in GW2 pales in comparison to almost every other game out there and it boils down to basically a couple gold, a couple free gems and some armor skins (some players seem to think it establishes some form of elitist rank). I see my fellow guildies out there with 20k+ AP and I have to wonder when they have had time to actually go out and enjoy the game.

Good call Anet, the ones who want to earn AP can do so in the manner they wish now and those of us who could care less still get the laurels for just logging in each day.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I definitely agree that the choices feel restrictive, hopefully they tweak them a bit for future dailies. Overall I think players will be satisfied, as this change is exactly what a lot of us asked for.

We can hope. I think really this is all most people are asking for: less restrictive activities. I think largely people are happy with the new reward structure. It’s just the restrictive choices that are casting an ugly shadow on it all. All the new system needs is some tweaks, with dailies that can be completed in any zone rather than just one.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

Same could be said about those against the change.

Yeah… Just no…

This update is highly subjective and depends on the personal preference of the individual player. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean others cannot.

That is true, and yet somehow people think that forcing everyone to have less options just because they think it is a good idea is somehow a good thing, while having more options benefits more people, including those that think there should be less options. No one is forcing you to do more. And yet here this is trying to force people to do more with less.

So like was said before, Yeah… Just no…

I’m not against more options. I’m just saying that so far the achievements are not as bad as people are making them out to be. Yes, some are more time-consuming as others but there’s plenty from other categories that take little time. Today’s daily had 5 achievements that you could do within minutes with a 6th one being debatable depending on your luck/timing.

Lyssan.3768

Far fewer choices in pve for those who only do pve. This is an amazingly crappy change. I thought we were going to get more options not less. You already did Less and people HATED it. You can’t be that clueless Anet.

Add more options!

‘’You can’t be that clueless Anet’’

Do you really imagine the game to made based on your needs?
It should be the other way around. You play because you like it. You don’t play if you don’t like it. It is good to give feedback but it is annoying to see players insulting the company when they, themselves, have no idea what they want and they keep complaining, not realizing, that 2 months ago, there were complaints about the exact opposite of what they want now.

Sweet so I don’t play, I don’t spend money in their gem store, they don’t make any cash. Great!

I don’t know if you realize it but the world is not about you, you are just a small part of it and sometimes what you want is irrelevant. You may need to grow up a little bit before realizing that instead of threatining people with your money.

Maybe you should learn a little bit about business before condemning this particular method, it is called voting with your wallet, and in many cases is the only way to let a company know how you feel about either their business practices, both positive and negative. And you are right, the world is not just about us, as it is also not just about you. Removing options limits how many people play, maybe not you specifically, but having more options doesn’t limit you, while doing so does limit others.

It seems that you are more about getting things how you want (as in it IS all about you) instead of a way that works for more people.

Posted by: Halthur.9654

Halthur.9654

I sure as kitten didn’t ask for this change. And I was too busy playing the game to lurk on the forums everyday to even see if they asked us. Because I would have been thoroughly against this change.

I think some of you are missing the forest for the trees, so to speak. At worst, if one absolutely does not want to complete the dailies, they’ll lose out on 10 AP. Not a big whoop either way.

Seriously, you just log in and collect stuff. How are you guys not psyched about this?

I guess you missed where I posted that I was doing the dailies for the exp on my alts, you know, not level 80 yet. Due to the NPE grind. And that I absolutely detest PvP. And prior to this fiasco, it didn’t matter what level you character was at, you could complete the PvE dailies.

ANet 2012 – Play how you want to play.

ANet 2014 – Play how we tell you to play.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i like it. faster way to get the 10AP.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

I guess you missed where I posted that I was doing the dailies for the exp on my alts, you know, not level 80 yet. Due to the NPE grind. And that I absolutely detest PvP. And prior to this fiasco, it didn’t matter what level you character was at, you could complete the PvE dailies.

You now receive tome of knowledge for simply logging in. Far better than trying to level up using dailies. Just saying.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

It took me 24 minutes. Could easily be done in half that time.

And under the previous method, I was able to do my daily without having to devote even 1 minute to them, because I would make them while playing the game the way I wanted, doing what I wanted to do.

Now I must devote time doing stuff I don’t necessarily want to do.

Halthur.9654

You now receive tome of knowledge for simply logging in. Far better than trying to level up using dailies. Just saying.

Really, really …./sigh. You know what I got for logging in today?
Two coins, because I was playing after 4pm yesterday doing my dailies, crafting, and various other things.

Lyssan.3768

I don’t condone the insult, either. However, while I remember complaints about too many achievement points, I don’t remember any about too many choices to get daily completion. The two changes are only joined at the hip because they came in the same update. There is nothing to say that the Daily Achievement Point change could not have been implemented separately.

Chopped repeated quotes for clarity as I am only responding to the last part here.

This is something I have been saying they could have done from before they kittened over the dailies the first time. If they felt it was an issue, leave the options there for all of the PvE and WvW and PvP dailies, cap them at say 8 daily items total, but let people still do the items past that for the exp. Same with the monthlies, cap it at 6 maybe, whatever works for them. More options for the players, less valid complaints about how restrictive the choices are.

Anet, for the record, having the “option” of doing some of the dailies from an area we have no interest in doing before is not somehow more options. All you did was remove choices for people and claim it is now more.

Jahroots.6791

Isn’t the exp gained from dailies more or less negligible? Login rewards give 10 free levels via Tomes of Knowledge on the 27th login. Not a bad trade-off, imo.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Really, really …./sigh. You know what I got for logging in today?
Two coins, because I was playing after 4pm yesterday doing my dailies, crafting, and various other things.

Sure, but by the end of the 28 day period, you will have 16 tomes of knowledge (if you decide to take the tome chest at the end) otherwise it’s 10 tomes. Still, 10 tomes you invested zero time into.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Lyssan.3768

im surprised they didnt keep the dailys that we had before and allow us to choose 3 from those that we had.. like, puzzle jumper? leveler? skill point accumulator? where are they now?? how about bring those back ! let US CHOOSE 3 that we want to finish and get our dailys that way!

But this IS play how you want to, as long as you do it in the manner they want you to.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I can’t believe they manage to screw the daily system.

I won’t break my game-play just to go and watch a stupid vista.

Fractal? Silverwastes? I made a insta-lvl 80 because I grew tired or your stupid NPE and the beyond-stupid traits system, not to jump from map to map I don’t even have unlocked.

And on top of that, we can’t get rid of the on-screen text! I can ignore the dailies, ok no problem, crappy rewards are crappy rewards, but now I have:

• The Personal Story text
  • The stupid dailies text I can’t remove because I can’t finish the stupid dailies
  • The pvp-bullkitten text (permanent)
  • The stupid season event text (permanent)
  • The nearby meta-event text (permanent as long as I stay in the area)
  • The nearby heart text (easily removed but easily replaced by other)
  • And if I’m lucky, only one nearby event text (temporal but oh my gosh if 2 or more events are up).

Even with the toggle details option, my screen is full of unwanted text.

You keep adding bullkitten into the game because is “what we ask for”. I and many other have been asking for a option to remove that stupid text and so far, we have been ignored.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Seera.5916

Isn’t the exp gained from dailies more or less negligible? Login rewards give 10 free levels via Tomes of Knowledge on the 27th login. Not a bad trade-off, imo.

The doing of the dailies would also give additional experience. And a little bit each day would likely add up. Especially if they felt like playing the character for longer than it took to get the daily done.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

“you can do it your own way, if it’s done just how i say” – Metallica

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Lyssan.3768

“Obviously if people don’t see things from my perspective they are out of touch.”

And yet it seems like somehow we are supposed to just blindly accept that less options is now more options, and if we have a difference of opinion then we are the ones who are wrong. Guess you will just have to face the fact that sometimes when something is wrong, it is just wrong.

Oh, that, and apparently having less options which benefits less people is somehow a better thing than more options which benefits more people, including those who still benefit and think there should be less.

Halthur.9654

No it’s a terrible trade off, considering in that months time, you could have earned more than the 10 levels of exp. Because you still got the exp boosts from doing dailes even after you got the daily achievement. And now take today’s PvE Dailies, you need a level 80 to do 2 of them, you got a low level, too bad. And for brand new player that don’t have a lvl 80, they are kitten out of luck.

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

Yeah, I do not like the new dailies but Anet does not care and they won’t reply. The rewards for the month of work are fewer Laurels and Mystic coins. They offer other things like the Tomes and such but not sure if I really want them. Just something I gotta live w/or maybe play less.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

But on the other hand, we’re now getting more than just AP, 1 laurel, 1 mystic coin, and 1 jug of karma, + SMALL chance at BLTC or essence of luck. Now we get actual rewards for completing the specific task. And we get 10 AP if we do 3 of them.

They could as well have left the daily the way they were and have updated the rewards….

Jahroots.6791

The doing of the dailies would also give additional experience. And a little bit each day would likely add up. Especially if they felt like playing the character for longer than it took to get the daily done.

Ah, I’ve never felt like dailies contributed much to my progress.

At this point a lot of the objections to the new system seem unreasonable and whiny, like a person who won a prize and is annoyed that they have to leave home to collect it.

Hard to tell if I’m White-Knighting or ANet really did good with this update. I’m a bit sorry that so many people are bummed about something I think is awesome.

Lyssan.3768

They’ve since reduced those choices twice in a row, making them more restrictive than they ever were when the game began..

If I am misremembering you have my apologies, but I don’t recall dailies existing when the game began. Weren’t they added after launch as a means of providing incentive to log in and to try a variety of in game activities ?

Don’t remember if there were specific dailies at start but I do know they didn’t have rewards for achievement points out at first, even though you still got the points. Then once they phased them in, if you had enough, you got a chest a day until your chests rewards caught up with your achievement point total to that point.

Posted by: phaktorphive.7854

phaktorphive.7854

While i will say that alot of people are making a bigger deal about this than they should be i really have to agree with some of the hate. For me before the update the way i played the daily would just get done whether i was doing guild missions or helping out a friend. Now i have to go out of my way to do them even if it only takes 10-15 mins.

Another gripe i have is what happened to just daily kills, daily recycler, and all those other more broad pve dailies. if they brought back the dailies that give you more freedom to go where you please i would be 100% for this update.

Now really the only reason i can live with this is that laurels aren’t tied to the dailies anymore. So now i can just avoid it completely..

Lyssan.3768

I think this is a great change. Dailies were getting to be too much of a ‘job’ for me….I really didn’t enjoy doing them that much just so I could get my laurel. I had gotten to the point where I just did wvw or explored pve, and if I got the daily, fine…..if not…..well ok.
Now that I get a laurel just for logging in, I can kiss the dailies goodbye…..sweet!!!!

Love the new changes to the system!

I would be willing to bet that my wife will like the changes, too…..as she was also treating dailies like a necessary job to do in game for the laurel…..now she will be able to get the laurel for just logging in, and then can spend her time doing other stuff that she enjoys much better than the daily drudgery.

Right, because just showing up totally makes the reward that other people actually earned worth it instead of having to work for it! (heavy sarcasm intended here in case it wasn’t obvious)

This is the same bullkitten that the numbskulls IRL have been trotting out by giving out these trophies for just showing up. Yes self esteem is important, however, so is the drive to do things better. If you end up making the reward for something not worth the effort, how much drive is there to achieve that reward now?

Posted by: Siltoneus.7138

Siltoneus.7138

You do realize you only have to do 3 of the options to get the Daily? And there were 4 PvE options including the Fractals one?

What I realize is that before this chance I had the choice to do what I wanted, in an organic way of playing the game. Now I’m tasked to do X in Area Y. Gate here, gate there, do EXACTLY this. It’s a chore, not something I get from playing the way I want to play. I could care less how little time it takes me to do it.

As many other have said in this thread, its the specificity of the chores that are getting us (not to mention the sheer madness of something like a Fractal for 1/3 of a daily achievement). Before we had the CHOICE of a bunch of different activities; if I felt like getting the Daily slayer, great then I’d get it. If not, then I’d pass on it, and do something else. If I had a pile of stuff to salvage, then great, I’d get recycler, otherwise I’d have other stuff to complete with just from playing (events, gathering, etc…). Not because I was forced to do this specific, exact thing.

I could care less if I only had to 1 of the 4 events to get a daily. If that isn’t something that I want to do, then I feel I’m being forced into doing something for them, not for me. The new systems breaks me off from playing the game my way, to being forced to playing it their way. And I don’t care for it one bit.

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I don’t feel like playing this game every day, but I’d at least log in and do my daily to get the laurel. I don’t really care about the AP either, so now all I have to do is log in to get what use to take me 15 minutes.

I leveled two alts (warrior/thief) by doing that though and got hundreds of laurels so it can’t be considered a waste. I would of kept doing it, but in regards to the daily log in rewards I think it’s a good direction. The specific daily achievements on the other hand are something I won’t feel the need to do anymore.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

To be honest, I hardly recognize the game anymore.

Fortunately I don’t have to pay any sort of monthly fee, and I certainly got my discounted digital deluxe purchase price worth of game.

I kind of feel sorry for you folks that are just starting out. It was so much easier for me.

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

The point of doing the old daily for me was for the laurels. Now I get those just by logging in everday. On top of that I can increase my usual 3 AP gain by doing more. Sounds like a win win to me. I also get more goodies from the chests!

Took a new guildy into WvW for her first time so we could grab extra daily bonuses and she got so hooked that she was late to work:-)

The old system was so casual that I didn’t have to even think about it. Do a Tequatl and the daily would be done. Ho hum. Now I can actually get more by doing more.

So far I like the new daily system. Takes very little time and I get more rewards!

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Ah, I’ve never felt like dailies contributed much to my progress.

At this point a lot of the objections to the new system seem unreasonable and whiny, like a person who won a prize and is annoyed that they have to leave home to collect it.

Hard to tell if I’m White-Knighting or ANet really did good with this update. I’m a bit sorry that so many people are bummed about something I think is awesome.

I logged in and got an immediate reward, then ran the table in short order.

I’m really not sure how I feel about it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

New new Dailys suck. Completely and utterly. I’m not going to waste 3 hours of my time on a kitten Fractal for a ONE PART of a frickn’ Daily achievement. I have a life, and 1-1 1/2 hours a day is should be MORE THAN ENOUGH time to get a frickn’ daily achievement.
Lets hope someone at ANet realizes what a kitten colossal screwup this is, and fixes it post-haste.

Have you actually tried the new daily system? You can do it in 10-15 minutes easy.
Claiming that it takes 3 hours to complete is an utter fabrication.

Try it before just making stuff up about it.

You better believe I’ve done them, and I hated every minute of it. With 8 toons, and 7 of them sitting at 90+% map completion (lacking WvW mostly), the last thing I want to do is run around and look at Vista’s I’ve already seen.

And as far as taking 3 hours, I could care less what YOU think, I know how much time it takes me to run one of those PITA Fractals. With a family, job, and kids, you better BELIEVE I know EXACTLY how long it takes. One of the reasons I’ve only run the frickn’ things under a dozen times.

But you don’t need to run a fractal. You only need credit for 3, so do the other three. Hell. you could even spend a few badges in WvW without doing any PvP and get credit for it.

It took you three hours because you chose to do the longest daily.

Lyssan.3768

The new Daily system which hand-holds clueless and aimless players is, accidentally, once again leading to additional limits and constraints for loyal veteran players, which will turn dailies for casual players into even more of a chore and annoyance – just like the Traits (67 pages) and NPE (17 pages) changes did.

So maybe, this time it’s better to listen to players before making this change? It will save so much time for everyone. Thank you.

Lishten, going to paraphrase, tried quoting yours again because so many specific good points were made as well, but it is just too large, so just doing top and bottom.

Previously (before the dailies adjustment before this kittened up one), you had 3 different piles easily able to tell what was what, because they had subsections, with a reasonably large selection to choose from. Now, technically you only have that clearly visible separation when you get the “here’s a bullkitten trophy just for showing up” reward. If you want to look them up in the hero achievement tab, you can tell by icon, but you have to take more time to do so. Last dailies adjustment for this one, they smushed everything together into one generic pile and removed a lot of choices.

Now, with this latest adjustment to the dailies, you get less choices from your chosen area(s), and by the way math works, you have to do a larger percentage of them to get the achievement.

Problem = less options for players, less incentive to try an area that some might not want to try no matter how much Anet tries to force them to do so
Solution = stop taking away more and more options, give us back the options, let the PLAYERS decide what parts of the game they want to play. If you feel the need to have a daily and/or monthly achievement points that can be earned per calender item, then cap it by not awarding any more points past item X. Let the players do more than that for the experience if they wish. If you want to encourage them to try other parts of the game, let them earn more achievement points past the ones they earned in that first area.
End result = less unneeded Anet caused strife, although there will probably be more players who still kitten about more people having more options.

The kittenup of the leveling and traits issue is a totally different line.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

New dailies suck, period. Jump around more for low level content is just Anet’s way to balance their servers with a cheap trick. With the old dailies you usually get more than 5 done running either snowridge or coil in 15-20 min and get a lot more loot.

Lyssan.3768

Thank you. That’s what I had read in the blog post and seen.

So the only incentive to do the daily is for the 10 AP. You only have to do 3 daily achievements now to get 10 AP compared to before where you had to do 10. I can tell you from experience that getting all of the daily achievements before the update took between 30-60 minutes depending on your luck with a few.

It seems like all players benefit from this. If they want AP, they can do the daily achievements and get 10 AP from doing only 3 of the daily achievements across the three format types. Seems like a pretty great deal. You also get various rewards specifically for doing each daily achievement which we didn’t get before. On top of this, many of the existing daily achievements were shortened such as gatherer allowing for them to be completed quicker than before.

Laurels are now rewards through the login reward system by simply logging in. Unlike before where you had to do 5 achievements, you can simply spend under a minute of your day just logging in just to get credit. If you don’t care for AP, you no longer have to bother doing the daily achievements. Over the course of the month, you get 29 laurels and various other rewards. At the end of the month, you get a choice of rewards where laurels is an option. Very nice! If you can’t login at all for a period? No worries! Your progress is saved.

Dailies before this latest kittenup, more of an issue from the options choices before. Now, too specific. You want Anet to devalue the achievements so much, how about they just reward the full flame or glowing armor set from the first achievement point you get? People could actually earn the achievement points and the laurels for doing something. So somehow having less options to choose from is supposed to be seen as a better thing by more people? Obviously it isn’t. Here is a wild idea that actually benefits more people, including the people who seem to take offense with those of us who have an issue with this kittened up adjustment. Let the players choose what they want to do instead of trying to force them into other parts of the game. It doesn’t hurt those that for some unknown reason like this new system, and doesn’t kitten off as many people as it obviously has. Cap the points they can achieve from a certain area if you want to encourage them to other areas of the game, instead of beating them over the head with limited choices.

Lyssan.3768

Thank you. That’s what I had read in the blog post and seen.

So the only incentive to do the daily is for the 10 AP. You only have to do 3 daily achievements now to get 10 AP compared to before where you had to do 10. I can tell you from experience that getting all of the daily achievements before the update took between 30-60 minutes depending on your luck with a few.

It seems like all players benefit from this. If they want AP, they can do the daily achievements and get 10 AP from doing only 3 of the daily achievements across the three format types. Seems like a pretty great deal. You also get various rewards specifically for doing each daily achievement which we didn’t get before. On top of this, many of the existing daily achievements were shortened such as gatherer allowing for them to be completed quicker than before.

Laurels are now rewards through the login reward system by simply logging in. Unlike before where you had to do 5 achievements, you can simply spend under a minute of your day just logging in just to get credit. If you don’t care for AP, you no longer have to bother doing the daily achievements. Over the course of the month, you get 29 laurels and various other rewards. At the end of the month, you get a choice of rewards where laurels is an option. Very nice! If you can’t login at all for a period? No worries! Your progress is saved.

Again….agreed. Scratching my head over why some players are howling about this.

And I in turn am scratching my head how benefiting more people with more choices instead of less can be seen as a bad thing, and somehow that Anet trying to force people into other parts of the game against their will by removing choices is seen as the thing to be ok with.

Lyssan.3768

I like the fact that the laurel is tied to log in, I like that each daily has its own rewards, what I don’t like is how specific each daily is.

If they are going to limit the dailies to 4 PvE options and then limit them to specific zones, I can see the high level areas becoming quieter than ever as all the dailies will have to be aimed at the lower level zones to give the lower level characters a chance. Instead of Queensdale events, Kryta events would be better, instead of the Caladon jungle wurm any world boss would do. Out of today’s 4, 2 of them are in level 1 -15 areas and one is in Lions Arch, only Maguma forager can be done in a high level zone.

The act itself of tying one of the dailies to a specific area, in and of itself is not an issue except when it is only 1 or 2 of the very limited options available, where if it were 1 choice from say 10-12, then it would not be such an issue.

Posted by: phaktorphive.7854

phaktorphive.7854

The format of this new update as a whole i think is good but they need to bring back the more open ended dailies for the pve section imo. I really don’t think we’d be seeing all this hate if we still had for example: daily event completion instead of queensdale event completion….. And today… Ascalonian vista viewer… i have to say i felt really proud of myself for going to a vista i already looked at, felt like a achievement to me…. Give the pve section of the dailies more freedom and i think everyone would probably be happy.

Lyssan.3768

I dont get it. It seems like dailies are EASIER than before. Log in for 5 seconds, get a laurel, and log out. I doubt anyone got their dailies done in less time than that with the old system.

The new “dailies” is a completely different system with new rewards people weren’t getting before, so why should you be entitled to get more stuff with 0 effort?

I guess the new stuff being called dailies while the old dailies are now called log in rewards was too confusing to some people. This game really must have been too confusing before the NPE after all.

They really ought to explain it better in the patch notes if its so confusing, but i guess it will just take a few days for some people to get it.

I get it already, it sucks. You can explain as much as you want, but sometimes if something sucks, it just sucks. Less options with Anet trying to force people into other areas of the game. No matter how much you try, some people just do not want to try PvP or WvW or PvE. Make it more enticing for those that might be interested in ways like adding MORE choices, not taking choices away in the area they might like.

Seera.5916

You do realize you only have to do 3 of the options to get the Daily? And there were 4 PvE options including the Fractals one?

What I realize is that before this chance I had the choice to do what I wanted, in an organic way of playing the game. Now I’m tasked to do X in Area Y. Gate here, gate there, do EXACTLY this. It’s a chore, not something I get from playing the way I want to play. I could care less how little time it takes me to do it.

As many other have said in this thread, its the specificity of the chores that are getting us (not to mention the sheer madness of something like a Fractal for 1/3 of a daily achievement). Before we had the CHOICE of a bunch of different activities; if I felt like getting the Daily slayer, great then I’d get it. If not, then I’d pass on it, and do something else. If I had a pile of stuff to salvage, then great, I’d get recycler, otherwise I’d have other stuff to complete with just from playing (events, gathering, etc…). Not because I was forced to do this specific, exact thing.

I could care less if I only had to 1 of the 4 events to get a daily. If that isn’t something that I want to do, then I feel I’m being forced into doing something for them, not for me. The new systems breaks me off from playing the game my way, to being forced to playing it their way. And I don’t care for it one bit.

You claimed it would take you 3 hours to do the daily due to the Fractal component. Leading me to believe that you believed you had to do every option to get the Daily.

Since there are more than 3 options available, the Daily should not require you to spend 3 hours on it as I don’t think there are any other options that would take a decent amount of time.

If that’s not what you meant, then you might want to consider making sure that’s clearer in future posts. Let’s not give ANet an excuse to not make the choices more generic (I do think they are too specific for too many of the options.)

Halthur.9654

I dont get it. It seems like dailies are EASIER than before. Log in for 5 seconds, get a laurel, and log out. I doubt anyone got their dailies done in less time than that with the old system.

The new “dailies” is a completely different system with new rewards people weren’t getting before, so why should you be entitled to get more stuff with 0 effort?

I guess the new stuff being called dailies while the old dailies are now called log in rewards was too confusing to some people. This game really must have been too confusing before the NPE after all.

They really ought to explain it better in the patch notes if its so confusing, but i guess it will just take a few days for some people to get it.

I get it already, it sucks. You can explain as much as you want, but sometimes if something sucks, it just sucks. Less options with Anet trying to force people into other areas of the game. No matter how much you try, some people just do not want to try PvP or WvW or PvE. Make it more enticing for those that might be interested in ways like adding MORE choices, not taking choices away in the area they might like.

Keep up the good fight Lyssan, I agree with you. But ANet will ignore this like everything else that people didn’t like or ask for. And I made a new sig for the occasion.

So close to hitting uninstall and walking away.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Aanet is running out of idea how to improve their game. Borderline on suicide mode for the game i think.
The dailies now become way too specific.
I missed out on Jungle Wurm before reset, you can’t really expect ppl to wait around for it tbh. If you have only a gaming session that doesn’t coincide with such event, you will bound to miss it.
After reset went to Queensdale, everything die in 1 second flat lol. It feels truly hilariously utterly crap of a joke tbh. Tagging for event is annoying.
Keep it up, it seems 2015 is next gen mmorpg shower, more likely lots of ppl will be waving goodbye to gw2.
Living Story is still a disaster. How many ppl actually replay that kitten when they don’t have to tbh.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

the ones who want to earn AP can do so in the manner they wish now .

You can not!!!!!—You have to go to extremely limited places/events/activities and in some instances, a specific time, that I have no interest that are dictated on a daily basis. The only option you have is do them as dictated to by the devs or don’t do them.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Lyssan.3768

We need to wait to see what the daily rewards are just for logging in. We never got rewards like this. For the achievement point hunters, let them play to get their achievement points. It took me the same amount of time to do the daily today as it usually does. 20 minutes.

At reset you’ll get a reward just for logging into the game, which will progress as each day of the month goes on.

From what I can see so far (and it’s still early days) I really like this change.

There’s no need to defend it because a lot of people seem to like it.

The problem is that some people are OK with one part, and wondering why others are taking issues with the other side of things. This has a 2 part problem/benefit.

On one side, you have people getting a bullkitten “here’s a trophy just for showing up” award which devalues the actually earned awards that others get. Not that people shouldn’t get something for logging in, but don’t tie it to something already awarded and having a somewhat actually earned value.

And on the other side you have the attempt by Anet to force people into other parts of the game by further removing choices in their chosen areas of play.

IMO, both of which are issues that need to be resolved, but both are separate issues that are only tied together because they were implemented at the same time.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

They have time squat in toilet to think for crap NPE, trait and this daily changes. Yet, 2 years, still no solution for Condition Damage problem.

Lyssan.3768

I liking it so far but in saying so this is coming from a player who does most if not ALL of the daily achievements (the only ones I don’t do is the dungeons related dailies).

To those who don’t like the new update, try doing the PVP AND the WvWvW dailies on a daily basis (getting the daily defenders is the worse as it depend if the commander is good and if the zerg is large enough) as it’s pretty much end up being a chores especially when I aim to fill 2 ranks bars per day (well it’s varies depending if I got alot of free times or now). Doing all three game modes takes hours when I have other stuff to do.

This new update saved alot of time from my end and it making it less of a burden for the better.

Lastly yes I fully aware they are not making up do the daily as it’s up to me if I want to do it or not.

Uhm, how about no. I had no interest before in doing PvP and WvW, and have, if anything, LESS interest in doing so now that Anet is once again trying to force people into it. I am not against people doing them if they choose to, but that is exactly my point, LET THE PLAYERS CHOOSE FOR THEMSELVES, not restrict the available choices to a ridiculous amount and drive people away, and on top of that make the choices so specific so as the people have to jump all over the map to do their chosen area of the game. Making more choices actually helps more people, not hurts more like this new setup does, and does not adversely affect the people who like this new setup, but the people it does hurt are supposed to feel like less of a GW2 player because they see it differently? Not cool.

To clarify, Renkencen didn’t say this, but this seems to be the attitude from many who do not see an issue with this update.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

They have time squat in toilet to think for crap NPE, trait and this daily changes. Yet, 2 years, still no solution for Condition Damage problem.

+1, I agrees there are many other things they could be working on.