The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Sure, the new ones are a load off the backs of AP grinders, but they require full attention and very specific side-tracks to finish them…

What did I do today?

o Mining some ore in Frostgorge Sound and my home instance. Specific side-tracking: I had to choose Hoelbrak for my home instance instead of Divinity’s Reach, which I normally do (which in itself is weird because my main is a Norn).

o Did the bell choir as an activity. Specific side-tracking: None. I would have done that anyway -for wintersday and because I like it.

o Did the kyhlo-pvp farm with my level 10 elementalist once (about 7 minutes). Specific side-tracking: yes. I had not much time, otherwise I would have played wvw instead and automatically fulfilled an achievement or four.

Full attention? Not really. Very specific side-track? Yes, somewhat (pvp).

But I had accidentally done even more than 3 daily achievements with it (my kyhlo farm led to two achievements, sorry…). Besides the 10 AP I got also orichalcum ore and other ore from the mining (other rewards were more or less ignorable).

All in all, from my point of view it was easy as heck and the “specific side-tracking” was about the same I have to do when after an hour of normal play the 5 dailies of old weren’t completed. Because that happened, too. It is not that ALL old daily achievements were ready to be completed while playing normally (story dungeon completer, fractal completer and such spring to mind).

On a side-note: Some time later I did Claw of Jormag. Yes, because it was in the daily list. No, I did not felt side-tracked. I had already gotten my 10 AP but I thought: hm, good idea. Haven’t done it in a long time. In that case the new system worked as intended, I think.

Weird, I just did a round of Bell Choir and it didn’t count as a daily activity.

But more to the point: so one random day didn’t require a lot of inconvenient side-tracking. That’s luck, not a refutation of my complaint.

If I look at the daily 12 for myself today:

Activity: Oh, okay, let’s see what’s up this fine morning. Southsun Survival, are you kidding me? Most boring thing ever, pass. (If Bell Choir had counted for me, I wouldn’t have had to comment on this one.)

Claw of Jormag: Huh, I wont be online anymore 100 minutes from now. Pass.

Caledon Forest Events: Yeah, sure, easy. And utterly stupid and not even tangentially something I would consider doing today. After completing it 9 times, I have no desire to visit content like this on a level 80.

Shiverpeaks Miner: Quickly and easily done, but not something I would be doing today as I have no plans to play in the Shiverpeaks.

All 4 WvW: WvW isn’t interesting this time of day. I’m never much inclined to play it anyway.

All 4 PvP: Haven’t done that in ages, and there’s a reason for that. It didn’t do anything for me.

That’s 12 things I have no interest in doing. And I would like to know why Bell Choir didn’t register for me while it did for you.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The concept of players going out of their way to gain rewards is not at all foreign to this game. Dungeons, world bosses, PvP, wvw, puzzles all have rewards that require players to go out of their way to gain them.

Sure, and that’s fine. The problem isn’t in what’s offered now though, but what was taken away: a trickle of free AP that required no effort other than just playing any old content. Ironically, while taking that away, they added log in rewards that require even less effort.

Plus, even in the previous daily system, it was only the pve only people who would just happen upon their dailies.

And now, that’s more or less the case for WvW people. Who’d have thought?

You know, it wasn’t too long ago that people were complaining that this game was too easy. Now you’re complaining that it’s too hard.

I’m doing no such thing. I’m complaining that the dailies have become annoying as hell and getting rewards has become even easier because of the kittened log in reward.

Actually, you were complaining that the dailies took more effort than they did before when they took no effort. That is the same as complaining about the game being too hard.

There are a lot of people that are upset because there are so many people like you complaining that rewards take even a minimum amount of effort.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Gaily, while you’re gathering feedback about it (even though this could be expanded to all of PvE), “more difficult” is something I’d really really want.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Manasa Devi.7958

The concept of players going out of their way to gain rewards is not at all foreign to this game. Dungeons, world bosses, PvP, wvw, puzzles all have rewards that require players to go out of their way to gain them.

Sure, and that’s fine. The problem isn’t in what’s offered now though, but what was taken away: a trickle of free AP that required no effort other than just playing any old content. Ironically, while taking that away, they added log in rewards that require even less effort.

Plus, even in the previous daily system, it was only the pve only people who would just happen upon their dailies.

And now, that’s more or less the case for WvW people. Who’d have thought?

You know, it wasn’t too long ago that people were complaining that this game was too easy. Now you’re complaining that it’s too hard.

I’m doing no such thing. I’m complaining that the dailies have become annoying as hell and getting rewards has become even easier because of the kittened log in reward.

Actually, you were complaining that the dailies took more effort than they did before when they took no effort. That is the same as complaining about the game being too hard.

No, that’s not the same.

What is it with people not realizing that “too hard” and “more effort” are not synonynous? The concepts aren’t even related. “Too hard” refers to difficulty level. “Effort” doesn’t.

Posted by: jucca.8219

jucca.8219

The reason people are so fundamentally unahppy with this is the following:
- the game is 2 years old and people have figured out what they like and don’t like. I don’t need to be hand-held to gather plants somewhere remote, or pvp as a ranger. I’ve done those things already and decided for myself that I didn’t care for them
- If you look at the first reviews of the game you will see how a lot of industry vets really really appreciated the freedom and the sense of exploration the game offered. This concious design decision that, admittedly, alienated a few people, was also what made the game unique and fun to a lot of others. Anet has been backtracking on this ever since with the NPE and now this: “play how you like” is no longer rewarded, “go x and do y”, and that is a complete contradiction to the original design decision of the game.

Brilliant.

This sums it up for me. Freedom of exploration on your own whilst doing addictive achievement point gathering was once possible in this game because there wasn’t so specific requirements for dailies. Also it didn’t mess anything with the scaling part like now it requires sometimes to kill mobs with so low health that 30lvl 80’s are having ….fun…. hunting them in small areas.

In a bigger scale, why turn this game from what it once was to hand-helding game? 2 years ago this game got good reviews and was praised for it’s freedom.

Retrospective review from Eurogamer, Kotaku or some good review site would be awesome atm, maybe to open eyes in the development section of Anet so they can see from respective side that this game’s basic elements have changed a bit from what they used to be.

Manasa Devi.7958

GW2 has placed itself outside of the theme park vs. sandbox consideration.

It’s a petting zoo now.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Be sort of cool if people had different dailies depending on level and stuff and you could trade them with other players for dailies you wanted.

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Here’s an issue I’m not sure anyone else has raised. If I missed it, then just add my voice to theirs.

One of today’s PvE tasks was Caledon Forest Events. This is a starter zone. So, the “enticement” to get players to go do events there results in 30 or more down-leveled 80’s competing to kill 6-8 level 8 mobs.

It’s my opinion that if you’re going to draw a bunch of players to one zone, then the scaling on your events needs to be dramatically improved. Why? I recognize this is subjective, but mobs that melt before they can do anything is just not good gameplay. In fact, it’s terrible gameplay. This is the same issue you can also see in Cursed Shore with events like the defense event after second beacon in the Melandru chain, with mobs dying the instant they become vulnerable to attack. Except, in Caledon there are fewer mobs.

I definitely think event scaling needs to be revisited.

So, SO agreed. The Caledon Forest events just melted. Fortunately it seems to have a very high turn-over rate and a decent event density. Plus collection events tend to scale pretty effectively.

Iron Marches was a pain because there just didn’t seem to be enough events running aside from the Mordrem ones.

I can also agree less specificity would benefit everyone. Make it Kryta or Maguuma Jungle, rather than Queensdale and Caledon Forest. Use X wins, instead of “Win as a Ranger.” Don’t require specific world bosses; it’s too time constraining. I’m just praying that Teq and Triple Trouble don’t show up as dailies. PLEASE don’t do that.

Otherwise, I think the new dailies are neat!

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Activity: Oh, okay, let’s see what’s up this fine morning. Southsun Survival, are you kidding me? Most boring thing ever, pass. (If Bell Choir had counted for me, I wouldn’t have had to comment on this one.)

Caledon Forest Events: Yeah, sure, easy. And utterly stupid and not even tangentially something I would consider doing today. After completing it 9 times, I have no desire to visit content like this on a level 80.

Shiverpeaks Miner: Quickly and easily done, but not something I would be doing today as I have no plans to play in the Shiverpeaks.

All 4 WvW: WvW isn’t interesting this time of day. I’m never much inclined to play it anyway.

All 4 PvP: Haven’t done that in ages, and there’s a reason for that. It didn’t do anything for me.

That’s 12 things I have no interest in doing. And I would like to know why Bell Choir didn’t register for me while it did for you.

Bell Choir only awards Daily Activity if you play through the end of the freestyle round at the end. Also, you don’t have to do anything BUT the freestyle to get credit. It’s confusing because you get credit for the Wintersday daily after just one piece. It was the same way last year.

On a side note, what DID you plan on doing today?

(edited by felessan.9587)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is also unusual lately to have more than one daily that would go along with my plans for the day. It was not the case before change. Yes, i do realize that is by design. The fact that it is intentional actually makes it worse.

A definition of achievement:

something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed:

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

I like the new daily system, dailies feel like an accomplishment somewhat and remain accisseble.

You log in, get your rewards and start doing whatever you like ( more freedom ). You don’t need to do dailies unless you are an achievement hunter, people really liked daily dodger and condition applier? The PvP daily rewards are especially welcome. You now get rewards for the content you play, makes sense. Hitting world bosses ? Here you get a free rare item.

How can daily gatherer and condition applied actually be fun? I really don’t get some people.

(edited by DutchRiders.2871)

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

It is also unusual lately to have more than one daily that would go along with my plans for the day. It was not the case before change. Yes, i do realize that is by design. The fact that it is intentional actually makes it worse.

A definition of achievement:

something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed:

ah, so harvesting plants in caledon or viewing a vista in Ascalon requires superior ability, great courage and is a heroic deed? Why even bother posting the definition of an accomplishment? The majority of people who like the new system like it because it’s easier and quicker – that’s hardly accomplishment-like.
Clearly neither of the the two dailies (old and new) were going for something particularly difficult that’d be an accomplishment in the actual sense of the word.

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

I have one very, very big problem with the new dailies, and that’s the Daily Completionist. To me, it’s only a bit annoying, but i know a whole lot of people i care about that have a strong dislike for WvW, PvP or both. Essentially, to profit from the achievement points from the Daily Completionist achievement, you’re forcing my friends to play game modes that they don’t like, ranging from simple dislike while some i’d need a straitjacket to get into sPvP.
I personally don’t like doing PvP daily, either. It’s something i do every now and then, but primarily, i’m a PvE player, and i seriously don’t appreciate being forced into PvP everyday for my daily achievement points, when up to now it was just casual for me, something i’d do whenever i felt like it, which wasn’t too often.

Besides that, i don’t really have anything against the new dailies. I really like the fact i can distribute the XP to my lower level warrior to level her up, rather than having it dumped on my level 80 where it’s almost useless to me, and i like the fact that the Black Lion chest rewards you occasionally get are now on a more fixed rotation rather than being random and rare. I just.. get a chest right now every day, and i’m reasonably excited every few times i open it, because i know it’s gonna have something nice. And, during normal play, i’d usually complete my daily achievements anyway.

I’m kinda sad to see monthlies go though, but i think the new system offers adequate replacement.

lordkrall.7241

ah, so harvesting plants in caledon or viewing a vista in Ascalon requires superior ability, great courage and is a heroic deed? Why even bother posting the definition of an accomplishment? The majority of people who like the new system like it because it’s easier and quicker – that’s hardly accomplishment-like.
Clearly neither of the the two dailies (old and new) were going for something particularly difficult that’d be an accomplishment in the actual sense of the word.

I even bolded the important part.
The commas between the different words can be changed to or. It does not need to be all of them. And the things people have been complaining about in this very thread is the fact they have to make special effort do do the achievements.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have one very, very big problem with the new dailies, and that’s the Daily Completionist. To me, it’s only a bit annoying, but i know a whole lot of people i care about that have a strong dislike for WvW, PvP or both. Essentially, to profit from the achievement points from the Daily Completionist achievement, you’re forcing my friends to play game modes that they don’t like, ranging from simple dislike while some i’d need a straitjacket to get into sPvP.
I personally don’t like doing PvP daily, either. It’s something i do every now and then, but primarily, i’m a PvE player, and i seriously don’t appreciate being forced into PvP everyday for my daily achievement points, when up to now it was just casual for me, something i’d do whenever i felt like it, which wasn’t too often.

Besides that, i don’t really have anything against the new dailies. I really like the fact i can distribute the XP to my lower level warrior to level her up, rather than having it dumped on my level 80 where it’s almost useless to me, and i like the fact that the Black Lion chest rewards you occasionally get are now on a more fixed rotation rather than being random and rare. I just.. get a chest right now every day, and i’m reasonably excited every few times i open it, because i know it’s gonna have something nice. And, during normal play, i’d usually complete my daily achievements anyway.

I’m kinda sad to see monthlies go though, but i think the new system offers adequate replacement.

You don’t have to do anything other than PvE to get the daily completionist.

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

I even bolded the important part.
The commas between the different words can be changed to or. It does not need to be all of them. And the things people have been complaining about in this very thread is the fact they have to make special effort do do the achievements.

No, the thing people are complaining about is that they are taken out of playing a game the way they like (the audacity! people actually want to play a game the way they want to play it, how unreasonable of them) to being hand-held into completing specific tasks that they’ve already done and deemed as no fun. It’s a direct contradiction to the original design idea of the game, which was to create an open explorable world and you, the player, could chose the direction you wanted to take.

And if you really want to go there and pick apart that definition you posted: it all starts out with “something accomplished” (this is the core of the definition) especially heroic, effort, ect ect ect. These are just aspects that could or could not describe the accomplished things mentioned in the first half of the sentence; the second option for a description is “a great or heroic deed”. Neither the new nor the old Achievements are “accomplished” or a “great or heroic deed”. You can’t just ignore the structure of a sentence and bold a random word in it hoping that it’ll carry your entire argument now.
And, if you really want to go there: objectively it really takes more effort to dodge-roll enemy attacks 33 times than it does to gather 4 plants.

(edited by Liz.1497)

Posted by: Skeeve.2754

Skeeve.2754

Sorry if others have voiced this, but 19 pages to read through at 4:45am, a bit much….

I see good and bad in the dailies. Yes, I do not ‘have’ to do them. Yes, I don’t ‘need’ the 10 achievement points on a daily basis. But, in my opinion, there are weak points.

I’m not very good at PvP, so that’s limiting to me [win as Elementalist – not just play, but win, and I’ll admit it, I suck at that kind of PvP most of the time]. And to this, I separate sPvP from WvW. WvW just requires getting in a group and going with the flow, even if you are bad. Which I can do…, when I have time…, but I don’t have time on a daily basis.

So, ‘daily’, I have time for a few PvE things. “Before”, I could do with any of my characters. Even the low level ones that I’m still working on. “Now”, for some of them, I have to be able to “handle” specific areas. (I don’t think a level 12 will be doing the Daily Claw of Jormag). On those days I either have to get on a more advanced character, or just not get the Daily Completionist for the 10 achievement points. To that end, I’ve already skipped/missed a couple days because, I wasn’t on at the right time for xyz time specific event, or I just didn’t have time to do the lengthy xyz event. (I know, my fault, I accept it). I guess I should say, I’m a bit OCD about completing things, so on the days I don’t get the Daily Completionist, I kinda irk over it for a while. (and I live with it.)

For the record, this is mainly so my view can be heard. It is not here to get people to agree with me or to complain about my view.

Manasa Devi.7958

Bell Choir only awards Daily Activity if you play through the end of the freestyle round at the end. Also, you don’t have to do anything BUT the freestyle to get credit. It’s confusing because you get credit for the Wintersday daily after just one piece. It was the same way last year.

On a side note, what DID you plan on doing today?

I think I stepped away from the podium during the freestyle round to escape the racket some guys were making. I didn’t leave the area until after the loading screen that resets the game. Good to know how the daily activity is awarded, will help me later, if I manage to get back home before the daily reset.

I ran around Orr and Ascalon a bit, going after the orphan’s ornaments. If I hadn’t gotten the ornament you can find in Caledon yesterday, I could’ve done that today and done the events there I guess. With a bit of luck, the achievements can still overlap with desired activity of course, but that’ll happen far more rarely than before.

lordkrall.7241

No, the thing people are complaining about is that they are taken out of playing a game the way they like

And as such taking special effort..?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Manasa Devi.7958

people really liked daily dodger and condition applier?

Of course I liked them. Condition applier gave me 1 AP and happened by just hitting enemies with simple attack skills, usually before I played for a full minute, depending on what character I used. What’s not to like?

Daily dodger, same thing but took a bit longer to be awarded.

Free AP for not doing anything special, nothing you wouldn’t be doing anyway. And anyone calling that lazy, or degenerate gameplay or whatever, I expect you to condemn the infinitely more lazy log in awards in the same breath.

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

I just wanted to let you know I’m going to try to gather this feedback and write up a report about what is being said on the new daily system. There are a lot of different opinions being stated, and in some cases they may be directly opposite one another. However, I’ll do my best to amass all the thoughts you’ve shared and pass them along to design leads to give them a solid point of reference on this subject.

In that case, please remove/replace the “Daily WvW Veteran Creature Slayer”. Not only does killing any of these mobs not provide any benefit to your server, it can actually be detrimental. You’re encouraging people to take up a que spot on a borderland to kill these useless mobs and attempts at ninjaing NW gate of bay could be blown by people thinking, “Oh I should tag the wurm for daily while I go by”.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I liked Daily Dodger – I practiced my dodging windows on them, much like I would sometimes just try out dodging on Monster Hunter to get the feel for a monster’s attack windows. I like to think it gave valuable practice . . .

. . . I mean, I went from soaking wurm rocks to almost always dodging them easily.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Manasa Devi.7958

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You know, I like your points even if I’m not entirely sold on agreeing . . .

. . . but things like this kinda weaken your case and make it less likely you can be taken seriously by the people you want to convince.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t need to convince anyone. I’m just posting my opinion. Those links were posted in humor, but they actually do reflect my feelings about the changes.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

The reason people are so fundamentally unahppy with this is the following:
- the game is 2 years old and people have figured out what they like and don’t like. I don’t need to be hand-held to gather plants somewhere remote, or pvp as a ranger. I’ve done those things already and decided for myself that I didn’t care for them
- If you look at the first reviews of the game you will see how a lot of industry vets really really appreciated the freedom and the sense of exploration the game offered. This concious design decision that, admittedly, alienated a few people, was also what made the game unique and fun to a lot of others. Anet has been backtracking on this ever since with the NPE and now this: “play how you like” is no longer rewarded, “go x and do y”, and that is a complete contradiction to the original design decision of the game.

Brilliant.

Excellent.

In fact it took me about a week or 2 to discover what I liked, don’t like, and won’t do.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

just FYI, from what ive discovered, you get 1-2 silver for completing EACH task in the daily (as well as some gifts). this should outweigh ANY WP cost (at least until it quits giving gifts

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nobody complains in this thread that the game is too hard. It is too irritating. Difficulty doesn’t even enter the picture here. It’s just something that lessens the fun i still have in this game.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: robosuplex.6820

robosuplex.6820

Here is the problem for me: The game went on sale over black friday. I bought it for myself and my friends, I’m assuming others who have never played did the same. So, we get to play for a couple weeks, get used to the mechanics and all of a sudden they switch up the dailies and remove monthlies? Specific events in areas we don’t even know about yet? Lvl 80s swarming our starter areas? PvP? WvW???

Tbh it kinda sucks. It was nice being able to just log on and party with my friends. Now it’s just a mad dash to see if we can hit one enemy before everyone else wipes them out. I mean it seems like it’s trying to be more enticing for the veterans but I would have thought they’d take into account the new players from the sale.

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

How is my daughter going to face the Claw of Jormag when she is only level 18 Anet?

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Why is “Investigate the seers” (arah p4) not a daily?
Or “help Rhiannon” (Cof p3).
Want dungeons as dailies.

Edit:
I have scuba gear for your lakes of tears.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I don’t like the new dallies, at least not as an open world PvE player. Previously you could casually get most of them done alongside with doing other activities. (world bosses for example), and you got a nice 5 AP to go along with it.

Now there is no longer a 5 AP option, and most PvE dailies that I’ve seen so far has one that requires you to hang out in some random zone until you get 5 events done, which could possibly be time consuming if you’re unlucky.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

This is only a personal perspective, and the first time Iv posted on my views on AP (that I can remember).

I am a high ap achiever, roughly 23k. My daily’s have been capped for, what seems like ages (probably not that long, but it seems that way). I did the dailies that the powers that be offered to me, and like a fool I took them eagerly.

Then they said that to be kind to me I was being capped to ‘free me’, to do other things ( I could almost hear Kane from the Tiberian universe saying the same thing ‘I free you from the burden of free will my brothers!’ ).

Now they expect me, like some Pavlovian mutt to get excited over the new cap to be lifted and be replaced—-by a new cap. Simply awesome, slow hand clap!

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Edit:

Because PvE heroes will ruin sPvP if that happens.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I dislike new tasks too. Rewards is OK, but tasks - sucks
Before that I was able to complete daily just by doing my usual stuff in the any part of the game. Now I need to do something special: go to another zones, lurking for some special events or monsters, etc. Boring.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

Wouldn’t it be great to see a chart of percentages of those completing daily’s before and after patch. Last time I got my daily’s was the day before patch.

Not going to go out my way for these. BUT this just adds towards my attitude since April’s trait mess up. Not Good!

Posted by: Silversteen.1360

Silversteen.1360

I get 1 or 2 AP per day as PvP player.
for the next chest i need more than 1 1/2 years. Thanks!

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

I like the system.
I hate how specific the objectives now are.

This new system + the non-specific daylies of a month ago = win

Posted by: TheBlackerSheep.6358

TheBlackerSheep.6358

I’ve given it a few days, I’ve tried them and hate them. It completely ruins the continuity of my play. If I want dailies, I’ve got to spend all of my play time chasing them instead of being able to integrate them into the other things I’m doing. I’m especially annoyed as I went in to do the Jormag even for dailies and as soon as it started, the client dumped me AGAIN (happens several times a day since the last update). When I logged back in, I wound up in an empty map, so no Jormag. So I set off chasing Maguman events. Spent well over an hour just trying to wait for them to spawn and get there before the 500 other people wanting the same daily finished it.

Lessons learned, either I do dailies (aka jump through hoops for Anet’s amusment), or I play the game, but not both. Oh what fun.

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

I think most people would agree that pushing several hundred people with lvl 80’s (and people are going to use their highest level characters to get things done as fast as possible) into starter zones to do events that are in direct competition with people trying to level, is a bad idea. Especially since some of those levelling characters are likely to belong to new players. They get a fantastic welcome to GW2.

Instead of having requirements like “4 events in Queensdale”, maybe they could be “4 events in Kryta”. That would help spread people out a bit. On day one of this system, Queensdale was a joke, frankly. Even lvl 80s had trouble completing events that required getting credit for killing a mob. It was swamped with zerg groups of lvl 80’s, each one competing to be the one that got to one-shot a mob.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

(edited by lunawisp.2378)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

How is my daughter going to face the Claw of Jormag when she is only level 18 Anet?

She’ll have 3 options in each category and they will be level appropriate.

There was a screenshot posted a while back on the Daily for a level 41 character on a day where Silverwastes was the events location. The level 41 character had a different zone for their events.

If your daughter gets the World Boss daily as an option it will be changed to something level appropriate.

Seera.5916

Edit:

We may get dungeon specific Dailies one day. There was already a Fractal one.

But I imagine it won’t be path specific, but rather just specific dungeon. The Fractals one didn’t force you to do a specific reward level, it gave a range of levels.

Seera.5916

I think most people would agree that pushing several hundred people with lvl 80’s (and people are going to use their highest level characters to get things done as fast as possible) into starter zones to do events that are in direct competition with people trying to level, is a bad idea. Especially since some of those levelling characters are likely to belong to new players. They get a fantastic welcome to GW2.

Yea, I lucked out and got into Caledon right as the Jungle Wurm popped and the events related for that are designed to scale appropriately. Or at least a lot better than most starter zone events. And it is a set of four events so I was able to complete it simply by doing that world boss.

But not everyone would be as lucky.

I do also second that the Daily Events category should not push players toward starter zones. Makes it near impossible for new players to gain credit for events.

Posted by: Ice Man.8465

Ice Man.8465

Do not like the change to the dailies. Having to map from one place to another just to mine, gather or view a vista is not my thing. I liked the prior system where I could log in and just go through one or two zones and finish the dailies at my own pace.

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

I think it’s better this way, honestly. Sure, you have to move about more but – it gives a bigger feel of accomishment, and you revisit places you probably forgot about. Plus, roaming on the map like this you get envolved in more things (events and such). You get mixed in WvW (capture ruins, which takes about 10 seconds) and other aspects.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: dale.5862

dale.5862

I hate this change! I play about 2 to 3 hours in the evening and as much as possible on weekends. And yes mostly PVE. This now pulls players away from content areas to old areas. You get plenty of people participating first. But after that it peters out. Then it takes much longer to complete thus reducing my ability to enjoy the time I get to spend in game. It actually motivates me to spend less time playing I mean why bother when I am not having fun. When the new season of living story starts up I am going to have to put off playing until weekend just to make sure I have enough time for the dailies I wish instead they had filtered the options and cut extra points for going above and beyond In the old system. Sure remove gathering, salvaging, daily games and those types from the table and add specific zones if you want folk,s but leave enough I can still experience new content timely. Who is this aimed at attracting or repelling?

aerial.7021

Here is the problem for me: The game went on sale over black friday. I bought it for myself and my friends, I’m assuming others who have never played did the same. So, we get to play for a couple weeks, get used to the mechanics and all of a sudden they switch up the dailies and remove monthlies? Specific events in areas we don’t even know about yet? Lvl 80s swarming our starter areas? PvP? WvW???

Tbh it kinda sucks. It was nice being able to just log on and party with my friends. Now it’s just a mad dash to see if we can hit one enemy before everyone else wipes them out. I mean it seems like it’s trying to be more enticing for the veterans but I would have thought they’d take into account the new players from the sale.

Its even hard for us 80s to get a kill off too so we’re in the same camp here, I often wonder how these simple things get over looked, like connect resuming back the old days of Guild Wars 1, it came much later however.

aerial.7021

Some of us (well me) don’t have any more characters to get to level 80 we’ve done all the classes, so the only thing we can take is an 80 and since the game has been out 2 years now you’d have to say that there must be more playing level 80s than there is ‘new players’ new as in just logged in for the very first time or even new in general.

Posted by: jammonstrald.1930

jammonstrald.1930

Just wanted to confirm that once again, I wasn’t able to retrieve the login reward on any of my characters save for the level 80. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? I also still dislike the new dailies.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You don’t have to do anything other than PvE to get the daily completionist.

True—but the PvE options truely sux.