The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jeweledleah.2840

jeweledleah.2840

well… I more or less gave up on dailies. if they happen to be in a zone I’m already in, I may do them (and mystic forge one), but otherwise… meh. I do play a bit less now and less inclined to spend money on gems.

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

I’ve just come back to GW2 in the last two weeks after getting excited about the upcoming expansion. I’m enjoying myself, but one of things I’ve noticed is that I never get any of my dailies done in my everyday playtime. I’ll be lucky to get one of the three needed.

Take today’s dailies for instance:

PVE
Daily Ascalon Lumberer
Daily Plains of Ashford Event Completer
Daily Mystic Forger
Daily Shadow Behemoth

WvW
Daily WvW Tower Capturer
Daily WvW Camp Capturer
Daily WvW Big Spender
Daily Master of Ruins (WvW)

PvP
Daily PvP Capture
Daily Engineer winner (PvP)
Daily Thief Winner (PvP)
Daily PvP Defender

I like that depending on what you enjoy doing, whether it’s PvE, PvP, WvW, you can get rewarded for doing that, but the chosen PvE dailies are just too restrictive.

Daily Ascalon Lumberer

Why only Ascalon? Why do I only get rewarded when I’m chopping down trees in this one area of the world? Why should it matter which zone I am in chopping down trees? What if I’m leveling a Norn and I’m not usually in Ascalon? Am I going to go out of my way to travel to an Ascalon zone just to chop down trees and earn points towards my daily? No, I’m not going to.

Why so strict? Why does it only reward me if I finish this one event? I’ll do a dozen events in the day, but the only one that counts towards my daily is this one event in this one zone in this one part of the world. Why? Why are the dailies forcing me to leave my normal leveling path and go to random places? How does that reward players for doing what they like to do?

Daily Mystic Forger

This seems so very random. I’ve only once or twice ever used the Mystic Forge. I think I combined a few christmas toys together to get something else. I haven’t gone after any precursors yet, so why would I ever want to use the Mystic Forge? And oh look, the only Mystic Forge is in a specific place, again, forcing me to leave my normal leveling area, and go somewhere else to do something I wouldn’t normally do, so that I can earn a daily reward.

Daily Shadow Behemoth

Much like the event completion reward, why do I only get rewarded for defeating this one boss? I’ll defeat all kinds of tough monsters each day, but only this one creature earns me the reward. Again, forcing me out of my normal area/s and to another place where I have to do a chore solely to get a daily reward.

Honestly, none of it is worth it to me. I thought Daily Rewards were supposed to reward you for what you do everyday. For cutting down trees, for mining, for completing events, for beating hard monsters, for reviving people; stuff you do regardless if there is a reward or not.

Daily Rewards, in this carnation, are irritations, they are chores, that force you to stop what you are doing, stop the progressing you’re making leveling an Alt or working towards your goals, and go to random necks of the world to do a single thing.

This can’t be what the developers designed to be like. I played the game before these changes and I earned my daily much more often and most of the time by just doing stuff I normally did anyways.

These new dailies are just stupid in my honest opinion.

Posted by: maxan.7836

maxan.7836

Agree with above – Boring- Nothing to strive for at the end of the day or month – Hope this format changes because every-thing at the moment is getting well, a bit boring – Spending less time on this game lately -

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

PVE
Daily Ascalon Lumberer
Daily Mystic Forger
Daily Shadow Behemoth

WvW
Daily WvW Tower Capturer
Daily WvW Camp Capturer
Daily WvW Big Spender
Daily Master of Ruins (WvW)

PvP
Daily PvP Capture
Daily Engineer winner (PvP)
Daily Thief Winner (PvP)
Daily PvP Defender

I bolded the ones that take very minimal time and effort to do. There’s usually this many every day.

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Far fewer choices in pve for those who only do pve. This is an amazingly crappy change. I thought we were going to get more options not less. You already did Less and people HATED it. You can’t be that clueless Anet.

Add more options!

It’s a good change.
It rewards people who enjoy all areas of content, incentivizes players to try other forms of content, and is possible for people who refuse to expand their horizons.

If you’re intent on only doing PvE, then you’ve got a self-imposed restriction that is making it more difficult than it needs to be for you.

Note that this message comes to you from a guy who pretty much ONLY does PvE and who will need to expand his own horizons now.

Indeed, and that’s why I’m sticking to PvE, I absolutely hate PvP, and don’t want any part of it, even if I have done a few arenas and WvW a couple times, I still don’t like it one bit.

I don’t even know what a WvW ruin looks like, not to mention I can’t solo WvW Sentries let alone players.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Why only Ascalon? Why do I only get rewarded when I’m chopping down trees in this one area of the world?

Because the daily is supposed to try encourage you to do more than just farm Silverwastes while jumping to a few world bosses. Maybe the little bonus is enough for you that when you fight the shatterer, you’ll stay for a moment to cut down some trees.
Maybe while you’re doing that, you actually go and do some events which pop up near you.

That’s (pretty obviously, IMO) the point of it.

Now if you’re wondering why the WvW and PvP dailies are so easy to do together in that case:

• First, available gameplay space is smaller (WvW) to tiny (sPvP) in comparison. Ofc you can do the dailies together.
  • Second, and more importantly, the dailies want to encourage you to PvP. So if you think “Hrm, so I could get rewards much faster by just winning one round of sPvP, already finishing two dailies with that”, yes, the system just did what it was supposed to do.

That’s also why existent rewards were moved to the log-in rewards: The old system barely did more than reward you for logging in.
The new system has a much more defined goal: If you are in PvP, either get you to play a little bit of WvW or sPvP that day, or at least get you to spread out over the world a bit. Yet at the same time the rewards are absolutely optional, so someone who doesn’t want to do that doesn’t really lose out on anything, either.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

Because the daily is supposed to try encourage you to do more than just farm Silverwastes while jumping to a few world bosses.

But I’m not max level and in the Silverwastes farming. I’m leveling a character from 0-80. As I level up, I go onto other zones and do Hearts/Events/Vistas in those areas, and move onto higher level zones to do the same.

Like most players do.

And yet in this entire 1-80 process, it’s never natural to complete the dailies. It always requires me to go somewhere different, do something different, just because of the daily.

Now, I can afford to chop down a tree I run past, or mine a node I run past, complete events I see on the map, or help take down a champion I see others fighting. I can do this stuff while leveling up.

But I’m not going to stop what I’m doing, travel to another zone, just for the daily. And likely have to travel to three completely different zones just to get the daily done.

Not going to happen. Not every single day.

I’m just going to keep leveling and doing the same old stuff. Having fun either way. Just not gaining any laurels.

Maybe Dailies should change if you’re level 80, but to impose specific restrictions on ALL players, level 0-79, because you don’t want level 80s to just stand around and farm… that’s overkill.

Suggested PvE System:

Complete 5/10 of these to earn Daily PvE prize –
- Chop Trees 20 times
- Mine Nodes 20 times
- Harvest food 20 times
- Complete 5 Events
- Sell 25 items to PvE vendors
- Revive 15 allies/npcs
- Salvage 15 items
- Kill 10 different kinds of enemies
- Kill 25 enemies under water
- Dodge enemy attacks 25 times

You never have to change it. And it rewards players for doing what they normally do (pre-max level) in PvE.

Posted by: jeweledleah.2840

jeweledleah.2840

you have convinced me Carighan. dailies are about to reset and I’m going to make sure I go into pvp this time. I’m also going to make sure to practice my dance emote excessively and ask the stupidest questions in chat I can think of, doing my best to interrupt the flow of chat.

if you think that I should try pvp, I’m going to make sure that I at least enjoy myself. I mean.. you just want me to go in and try something new, right? never mind that someone of us already have and don’t like actual pvp – “we should expand our horizons!” right?

today I actualy did do the dailies, mainly because I was already leveling a character in the area, so might as well. my SO looked over to my screen and asked if I was pvping. becasue at that point I was part of the mob of people rushing to a event just starting, hoping to tag something before its over. hell, in a way, it IS pvp, since you are competing against other players. happy now? they are even making pve stuff feel like pvp.

so yeah. i’m going to go do some “pvp” by being as disruptive as I can manage. new experiences and all. never felt any desire to disrupt someone else’s play time before. but you? you have convinced me.

P.S. any system that herds high level players into specific low level zone and ONLY that low level zone? is a BAD system. its annoying for high level person. and its extremely disrupting to low level person actualy “gasp” trying to level

and no, logging in to get a reward, and then logging out is NOT fun. getting rewards for actualy playing without being herded into specific zones/playstyles? IS fun. and guess what logging in doesn’t award? ACHIEVEMENT POINTS. kitten .

(edited by jeweledleah.2840)

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Every time I log in and see kittening double-dipping Fractals my blood pressure goes up, even more so when my server is getting its puppy kicked in WvW (which is almost always).
I know that I do not like Fractals and PvP, so could you please stop punishing me for not liking those two things, pwetty please?

Posted by: Amrok.5034

Amrok.5034

Give us more daily options. I’m not doing PvP or WvW right now. I enjoy playing PvE but you’re making very difficult for us to achieve all 3 daily events. Today is a good example. There are 2 PvE dailies to do, Kryta forager and Brisban events. There’s no way I’m going to get the 3 daily events because for me there aren’t 3 to complete. I understand you’re trying to get players to do more things but don’t push people to PvP and WvW and ignore the PvE’ers. That’s one of the reasons I left WOW.

Posted by: Krynos.1293

Krynos.1293

GW2 was so much more fun earlier in it’s release. The new traits and daily systems in addition to the NPE have ruined it for me. NPE dumbed the game down. With the new traits system, I just get no satisfaction from leveling, and leveling just feels like a grind now with no traits to play with until high levels. Let alone having to spend a fortune in gold on traits now. I’ve pretty much quit playing/creating any alts due to the new traits system. And now the daily achievements feel like a chore to grind out instead of being rewarded for playing the game naturally, the way I want to play it, as the old daily system used to do it. I’m sick of being goaded by ANet to play how and where they would like me to play. The new dailies have level 80’s zerging low level zones, fighting one another for credit, and making it harder for low level and new player characters to gain credit for the event, or basically enjoy leveling and completing other things.

To be honest, I’m probably just going to switch to Elder Scrolls Online since they’re dropping the subscription requirement on March 17. At least leveling in that game, I get a sense of progress and don’t have to pay a fortune in gold for it. Then I’ll probably try Black Desert whenever it gets released in North America.

Ayrilana.1396

GW2 was so much more fun earlier in it’s release. The new traits and daily systems in addition to the NPE have ruined it for me. NPE dumbed the game down. With the new traits system, I just get no satisfaction from leveling, and leveling just feels like a grind now with no traits to play with until high levels. Let alone having to spend a fortune in gold on traits now. I’ve pretty much quit playing/creating any alts due to the new traits system. And now the daily achievements feel like a chore to grind out instead of being rewarded for playing the game naturally, the way I want to play it, as the old daily system used to do it. I’m sick of being goaded by ANet to play how and where they would like me to play. The new dailies have level 80’s zerging low level zones, fighting one another for credit, and making it harder for low level and new player characters to gain credit for the event, or basically enjoy leveling and completing other things.

To be honest, I’m probably just going to switch to Elder Scrolls Online since they’re dropping the subscription requirement on March 17. At least leveling in that game, I get a sense of progress and don’t have to pay a fortune in gold for it. Then I’ll probably try Black Desert whenever it gets released in North America.

Trait system is being redone again with the expansion.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Traits/page/78#post4733414

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

Every time I log in and see kittening double-dipping Fractals my blood pressure goes up

Same. It’s probably an oversight, and it probably shouldn’t make me as angry as it does, but I log out in disgust every time I see that.

Fix it, ANet – and while you’re at it, get rid of last years Mawdrey Fractal requirement and stop trying to push the kittening things! If you want to sell expansion packs, start demonstrating that you can respect what people want to do with their time.

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I’ve stopped doing them, not interested in random things like rank boosts LOL, i can do that on my own. They are worthless.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

since new daily system came in, i haven’t done a single daily, i just don’t udnerstand how they work.

I got login reward then they show me 3 tabs of something to do, that tabs disapear and…i have no clue, i’m getting some chests in wvw and pvp Transcendededed with normal rewards for those game modes, but i don’t know if i ever made daily after new system came in.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Posted by: Gorzon.7298

Gorzon.7298

Today’s choices for dailies:

daily kryta forager
daily brisban wildlands event completer
daily fractal
daily scale 21-30 fractal

daily pvp player kills
daily necromancer winner
daily thief winner
daily pvp rank points

daily wvw caravan disrupter
daily wvw camp capturer
daily wvw keep capturer
daily master of ruins

The choices for dailies are too restrictive. As for todays choices for PvE, the fact that 2 of the 4 choices are fractals is too kittened for words.

Posted by: Glittergold.6823

Glittergold.6823

I dislike the dailies intently. I do not have the time to queue up or find fractal groups. I haven’t got the time to stand around for however long to kill a boss and hope when I’m on enough people show up to do it. I do not pvp. I am 100% carebear and there is nothing wrong with that. A lot of players are. The way it is now needs some tweaking. Add more daily pve options that do not require groups or instances so all types of players are covered. Lately I log in. see its all behemoths and fractals and pvp and I leave. When we had a lot more pve options I loved it because I could finish dailies quick smart in the time I had to play . Now I log in get the chest and go. It’s sad really. I really don’t enjoy the game as much because of the daily changes and I am disappointed that Anet is trying to force people into group and instance dailies when they have up to this point been basically play your own way. I know other people have their point of view and as many people love the new dailies as hated it but adding a few more pve dailies isn’t going to change anything for anyone else except pve players and we’d really really appreciate that.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Today’s choices for dailies:

daily kryta forager
daily brisban wildlands event completer
daily fractal
daily scale 21-30 fractal

daily pvp player kills
daily necromancer winner
daily thief winner
daily pvp rank points

daily wvw caravan disrupter
daily wvw camp capturer
daily wvw keep capturer
daily master of ruins

The choices for dailies are too restrictive. As for todays choices for PvE, the fact that 2 of the 4 choices are fractals is too kittened for words.

You can play one practise game (hotjoin) and harvest 4 plants in Kryta. That’s all it takes, about 10 minutes.

Try hotjoins and you get 2 dailies effortlessly. If you are afraid of negative comments, toxicity, etc, just turn off your chat. Really, the boundaries of comfort zone of some people here is staggering for me.

Also, I do believe that when ascended weapons/armour were rolled out and people that were playing fractals mainly (and they do need ascended gear) were complaining that they are forced to zerg world bosses over and over again to get dragonite ore, posters on this forum were responding with silly answers like “You should play the entire game, not just a small piece of it”. Well, karma, I say.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

since new daily system came in, i haven’t done a single daily, i just don’t udnerstand how they work.

I got login reward then they show me 3 tabs of something to do, that tabs disapear and…i have no clue, i’m getting some chests in wvw and pvp Transcendededed with normal rewards for those game modes, but i don’t know if i ever made daily after new system came in.

really?
you don’t read the tabs?
it shows pve ..and a possible to do list
it shows pvp and a possible to do list
it shows wvw and a possible to do list

if you do 3 dailies, regardless of which tab
you get ten AP.

you also get rewarded per daily you do.
ie if you do pve, you get “writs of experience”
in pvp “reward track potion”
in wvw “wvw rank experience”
and extra.

These are the chests you open for doing the daily.
they aren’t important, no one has to them, anet made laurals and more a login reward, so no one would feel forced to do the dailies.

getting 3 dailies done and out of the way is quick and easy, if you’re an AP hunter, you no longer feel forced to “do everything”.
If you’re after laurals, you no longer have to do anything at all.

If you’re after rewards, each daily gives that….so you might feel like you have to do everything idk.

The pve needs a bit more choice, but as it stands, the dailies are quick and easy.

for those who don’t like pvp, but want the quick capture or rank points, go into custom arenas, choose “rank farm” will either say blue cap or red cap., everyone then stands around waiting for red, for example, to reach the max points and the “match” to be over.

Some of them use skyhammer, which is a “tag and jump” to your death ones, to speed it up a bit.

It’s easy, it’s no pvp, have a chat while you do that, dance if you want.

For the events…just don’t do those dailies..the 4 events in one map is too strict, don’t do them, if not many people do them, anet will see it has to change.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

just going to keep leveling and doing the same old stuff. Having fun either way. Just not gaining any laurels..

laurels are not tied to dailies. You get them whether or not you do dailies so your leveling as you see fit, having fun doing whatever you want, will see you getting at least as many laurels as under the old system.

Posted by: Maagi.2370

Maagi.2370

Today’s ratio :

2x Fractal of some sort
2x Other PvE of some sort
8x PvP or WvW

My non-PvP lvl 59 necromancer says “thanks a bunch”.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Well the new system has cured me from “needing” to get the dailies, and has me just logging in for the daily reward for the most part and logging back out. Well done, ANet, well done. I no longer even need to actually play your game. I no longer even look at the daily list of uselessness.

But really, I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot with this new system. Because I am that person that HAD to get my dailies, every day. I never missed them, EVER. I played the game to get them, in whatever area I wanted to. It was fun, it was something that just happened. Now, I am CURED of my addiction to actually playing the game. I almost have to force myself to even log in now. Every couple days I go “oh ya, I should log in and get the reward”… look around Divinity’s Reach, see what’s new in the gem store… log out and watch a movie or play another game. Is this really what they intended? If so, that really is good. But somehow… I just can’t fathom that this was really the intention. Maybe I’m just dumb though (c’mon you know you want to say YES you are!).

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Egg Shennn.6240

Egg Shennn.6240

Haven’t done a single daily since they changed.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Well… Given the upcoming Expansion I think those in charge of Anet want to know what’s worth putting time, money, effort in on the excisting gameworld. In other words: where do we focus on, what can be skipped? Than we have devs who put much energy in parts of the game that do not have much players: Particular maps, quests, etc. So obviously feedback is needed. The dailies are a way to encourage players to do things they normally don’t. A last chance for unpopular content?

Ok, this has taken long enough. By now it should be clear that some content never will be popular (e.g. Fractals). So stop pushing it and face the consequence: report back to management and let them put it on low priority. And focus on things players really like!

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

Well since I hit 10k ap, I’m done doing them, not worth the aggravation of trying to tag mobs with 100 people around or getting the fractals double wammy for pve.

Posted by: Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Chances are I won’t do a whole set of these dailies unless I can manage to figure out the pseudo PvP pretty quickly. I could barely stomach having to do bell choir every day for Wintersday, and practice on that did not make me any better. I really feel sorry for anyone who was listening to me.

Posted by: Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Oh….sorry…I thought you meant the ones for the Festival. The regular dailies are mostly fine, except for on double fractal days. Also, cramming people onto one map to do events is not very fun for anyone. Maybe two zones instead of one might work a bit better.

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

And I forgot the part about people pinging a waypoints for events only to get there just as it ends. I end up spending as much time porting all over the map as doing them lol.

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

New dailies are boring. Not enough variety. I like touring to other map areas but other than that, meh. I miss the weird ones like dodging, kill ambient mobs, and even daily jumping puzzles.
But I also miss monthlies, so maybe I’m odd.

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

After running around for one hour in a god forsaken map chasing events to complete the daily im done with them, i get the important stuff from logging in any how. Íf i do them by accident ok, but not chasing them any more.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Well the new system has cured me from “needing” to get the dailies, and has me just logging in for the daily reward for the most part and logging back out. Well done, ANet, well done. I no longer even need to actually play your game. I no longer even look at the daily list of uselessness.

But really, I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot with this system. Because I am that person that HAD to get my dailies, every day. I never missed them, EVER. I played the game to get them, in whatever area I wanted to. It was fun, it was something that just happened. Now, I am CURED of my addiction to actually playing the game. …

I was thinking this very thing tonight as I logged in, got my reward and logged back out. I haven’t played this game at all over the last 2 weeks. In the 2 months since the new dailies started I’ve done them maybe half a dozen times and actually played an additional 2 or 3 times. So I’ve been cured too.

Posted by: sscripko.5387

sscripko.5387

In my guild, I think the new dailies have certainly done their job of getting people to step out of their comfort zone, and retry content that they may not have touched for years. We have people who swore off pvp for life, only to start doing unranked for dailies, and now play it for hours. People are finding out that fractals really aren’t very different from dungeons, and that you aren’t going to get hit by an 80 man zerg, have siege thrown on your corpse, and whispered at in WvW as soon as you leave spawn.

I’d actually like to see more harder dailies. Pick one of the 6 least run dungeon paths every day, and make the reward so that you get double tokens and gold from it. People have changed in how they play the game as compared to 6 months or a year ago. What was insane and impossible, is now easily doable. Add some that require group coordination, like “Have all waypoints in Cursed Shore uncontested at the same time” or “Be part of a T6 Dry Top map.” Dry Top and Silverwastes have helped switch us from one giant zerg on a map to many smaller groups, if we want the best rewards, bring the philosophy to the rest of the game.

With the addition of the login reward, I think they should move even further in the direction of putting the daily items on lesser played content (or just a rotation of all possible content). People change, the content changes, and they should use their little carrots to try things again.

Ayrilana.1396

Sure. They can add more PvE options but they should be on the more difficult scale as daily achievements go. People want more option? Okay. But they should not be ones that you can passively complete.

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I find myself doing 1 or 2 PvP match for my daily, and I started liking PvP because of it. Before, I would only do PvE dailies, but currently, they are too annoying to do so it’s easier to just queue in 1 or 2 PvP match and be done with it. You still get lots of rewards from it.

PvE should be more generic, or have at least 2 achievements generic, just like PvP. PvP has capture, kills and defender, which are all very easy to do while playing. Completing 4 (which take even more time than 3 kills in PvP) in ONE specific map is insane.

They should review it to something like that :
- Complete a dungeon story or explorable (will rotate between dungeon and fractal)
- Complete 3 events anywhere
- Harvest / mine / lumber 10 anywhere on the map
- Kill a World boss

This still gives me more chance to complete everything in PvE, as I will often do at least 1 dungeon path or fractal, mine/lumber/harvest while playing and completing events, either in World Boss or Silverwastes / Dry Top. It gives way more options.

But I also liked when we had Daily Reviver and such. They could easily offer more random options for the 4 PvE daily.

PvP and WvW dailies are fine, but not PvE. I will still continue to do daily in PvP as I can progress faster in my track, which gives me more loot than what the PvE daily has to offer.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Sure. They can add more PvE options but they should be on the more difficult scale as daily achievements go. People want more option? Okay. But they should not be ones that you can passively complete.

why, are you afraid you can’t show how l33t you are showing of daily completions?

the early ones were perfectly fine for PvE, the current ones are garbage.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

should not be ones that you can passively complete.

That’s a rather unjustified opinion. A lot of the comments above were rather happy with having small goals that could be achieved through normal play. It simply provided extra direction.

As a personal example, if I got Ascalon Event Completion before, I’d pick an alt that was in a suitable level range and go faff about until I got the achievement. But in the meantime, I was exploring the zone, harvesting, hitting POIs and Vistas…

Now, if I get Plains of Ashford, I dread it, bring out an engineer, set up turrets at event circles, and /sleep while occasionally pressing F for loot. I don’t explore, I chore.

I don’t mind directed play. I’m encouraged by it. But when it comes down to a scattered list of chores, I log on, hit them, log off.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

And I forgot the part about people pinging a waypoints for events only to get there just as it ends. I end up spending as much time porting all over the map as doing them lol.

I’m quite sure this was planned. The combined gold sink for just the wasted waypoints I have taken could have bought me a superior strength rune by now.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Ayrilana.1396

why, are you afraid you can’t show how l33t you are showing of daily completions?

You have the daily login reward system to be rewarded for hardly doing anything other than logging on once a day. They are trying to get people to break out of their routines and do things that they normally wouldn’t do. The daily system is doing just that for many people as evident by several posts by people in the forums and the chat within the game.

The daily system is not there to reward you for playing however you want. I’ve looked at daily systems in several games, including GW1 which this game is based off of, and none of them were passive “quests”. They were all specific.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

You have the daily login reward system to be rewarded for hardly doing anything other than logging on once a day. They are trying to get people to break out of their routines and do things that they normally wouldn’t do. The daily system is doing just that for many people as evident by several posts by people in the forums and the chat within the game.

The daily system is not there to reward you for playing however you want. I’ve looked at daily systems in several games, including GW1 which this game is based off of, and none of them were passive “quests”. They were all specific.

Why is it you feel WvW and PvP should get rewarded for pretty much just doing their thing with their dailies, but PvE should not? Why shouldn’t they have to step out of their modes and go do PvE, which they normally would not?

I have to dip into WvW sometimes to complete my dailies, especially on double fractal days, but I don’t get rewards for them. Just worthless WvW XP and badges I’ll likely never need.

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

This new system was supposed to motivate people to log in and play more often (daily).
For me it has had the complete opposite effect. Infact, I have logged in a total of FOUR times since the release of this new daily / log in rewards system. Four times….

Before this system I used to log in and play at least 10 times more often.
I have almost no motivation to play anymore.

Great Job Anet! Mission Accomplished!

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Ayrilana.1396

Why is it you feel WvW and PvP should get rewarded for pretty much just doing their thing with their dailies, but PvE should not? Why shouldn’t they have to step out of their modes and go do PvE, which they normally would not?

I have to dip into WvW sometimes to complete my dailies, especially on double fractal days, but I don’t get rewards for them. Just worthless WvW XP and badges I’ll likely never need.

PvP requires people to play and win using various classes. These are also a very narrow aspect of the game where there are not many variation of achievements available compared to PvE.

If you’re doing the achievements for the individual reward, then don’t do them. Why are you complaining then? If you’re doing them for the AP, then yeah, dip into WvW.

Pockets.3201

PvP requires people to play and win using various classes. These are also a very narrow aspect of the game where there are not many variation of achievements available compared to PvE.

If you’re doing the achievements for the individual reward, then don’t do them. Why are you complaining then? If you’re doing them for the AP, then yeah, dip into WvW.

If its good enough for one mode, its good enough for all the modes.

They still get to do something they enjoy, even if a little less with a new profession, while I get to do something I find as enjoyable as swimming in a pool filled with rusty razor blades.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

firstly, there is no system in heaven or hell that Anet can add to get me anywhere near PvP, so that’s already failing there.
secondly, GW1 has more specific things but you don’t have to pay for traveling, some are even done within a few seconds if done right. (zen dajiun vanquish for instance)
in GW2 however, traveling already costs enough, let alone the part where you have no choice in the matter and you can’t save a daily for later use. (so you can get 3 of your favorites done when you have time)
also, in GW1 you have a choice of 3 kinds of things (quest, mission and bounty), in GW2 the choice is made by the game so something like 2X fracture dailies ruins this.

like i said, the previous system was fine the way it was for PvE, there is absolutely no reason to change it all of a sudden.
as said often enough, no point on fixing when there is nothing to fix.

Ayrilana.1396

They still get to do something they enjoy, even if a little less with a new profession, while I get to do something I find as enjoyable as swimming in a pool filled with rusty razor blades.

The system spans across the entire game and not on just one game mode. If you don’t like the options for a specific game mode, and you refer to only limit yourself to that specific game mode, you have only yourself to blame. Sorry if that’s coming out a little harsh but that’s how it is. GW2 isn’t just PvE, PvP, or WvW individually. It’s all of them together.

The twelve achievements availability hasn’t changed in over a year. All that did change was to make them more equally dispersed across the three game modes.

Ayrilana.1396

firstly, there is no system in heaven or hell that Anet can add to get me anywhere near PvP, so that’s already failing there.
secondly, GW1 has more specific things but you don’t have to pay for traveling, some are even done within a few seconds if done right. (zen dajiun vanquish for instance)
in GW2 however, traveling already costs enough, let alone the part where you have no choice in the matter and you can’t save a daily for later use. (so you can get 3 of your favorites done when you have time)
also, in GW1 you have a choice of 3 kinds of things (quest, mission and bounty), in GW2 the choice is made by the game so something like 2X fracture dailies ruins this.

like i said, the previous system was fine the way it was for PvE, there is absolutely no reason to change it all of a sudden.
as said often enough, no point on fixing when there is nothing to fix.

That is your choice if you choice to limit your options by not doing PvP. You’re not being forced here.

If WP costs are an issue here then I really question how you’re playing. Unless you’re constantly porting all over the place without doing anything, you won’t suffer a loss. Even if you suffered a net loss through completing just the dailies, you’ll easily make it back within a matter of minutes doing almost anything in the game. WP costs are minuscule.

Yes, some GW vanquishes could be completed in minutes as the enemy count is influenced by various factors. These were only a handful across how many zones? Quite a lot. The breakdown type in GW1 doesn’t matter but since you brought it up. You listed three types in GW1. Well GW2 has three as well. Care to guess what they are?

Pockets.3201

The system spans across the entire game and not on just one game mode. If you don’t like the options for a specific game mode, and you refer to only limit yourself to that specific game mode, you have only yourself to blame. Sorry if that’s coming out a little harsh but that’s how it is. GW2 isn’t just PvE, PvP, or WvW individually. It’s all of them together.

The twelve achievements availability hasn’t changed in over a year. All that did change was to make them more equally dispersed across the three game modes.

And there is part of the problem, I’m “limiting” myself because I won’t do activities I outright hate. Its a game, its supposed to be enjoyable.

You say its not just those modes individually, but are still ok with PvP and WvW being able to not need to go elsewhere for their dailies. WvW more than PvP. Aside from wanting cosmetics is there ever any time when WvW players really need to step outside their game mode?

They can add more achievements to each mode each day, and simply make some of them less zone/target specific. About half PvE ones are often far more time consuming. From racing other players to try to get event credits in zones because there are too many there, to fractal runs you many not even have the gear to do, to waiting hours for specific world bosses and requiring the use of timers outside of the game to even know when to show up they are currently very unfairly weighted.

There is no upside to cramming a specific zone full of players to destroy events, or getting them to hit certain world bosses, since I’ve never seen a regular world boss not have enough people to finish them in short order. They could generic those achievements and most of the problems would be gone, aside from fractals, which they seem really desperate to get people to play.

I’ll play fractals when fractals start giving actual rewards.

Posted by: sscripko.5387

sscripko.5387

Honestly, the wvw ones and pvp ones should be more specific and more difficult as well. I’m not big into pvp so I can’t say exactly how to make them harder (other than to increase the pvp rank points one. a hotjoin loss shouldn’t give it to you)
In WvW:
—Objective Defender should be changed to camp/tower/keep/smc. I personally think that camp would be a nice way to increase scouting. However, I understand that this could make people not want to defend more important structures on the map (defend camp over keep, for example).
—Tower/Keep Assulter turns into a specific tower or keep (or 3, one for each of the bls). If you make this SMC, you can create a scenario where you get lots of fighting, all the time.
—Siege Destroyer would be destroying X(5?) pieces of enemy siege. Get rid of Sentry Capture.
—Instead of Ruin, make it so that you have to capture bloodlust for your realm.
—I wouldn’t mind an occiasional “competing” achievement. For example, add both escorting dolyak and killing dolyak as daily achievements for the same day.

Possibly add some cross PvP/WvW (and technically a little PvE) like “Daily Spikes” where instead of a kill count, its how many enemies you spike. Would work in PvE with the toxic enemies, PvP, and WvW.

I’m hoping someone with more sPvP experience could chime in on better and more specific PvP ones. (Daily Skirmisher instead of plain kills? I don’t play enough)

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah, you’re limiting yourself by not doing achievements/modes that you hate. The great thing is that you do not have to do these achievements to enjoy the game. Everything that you did before the change you can still enjoy now.

PvP and WvW not needing to go elsewhere to complete their dailies if players choose to play only that game mode? Yes, it’s true. They only need to do 3 of the 4 given for that specific game mode. Did you happen to notice that it’s the same for PvE as well? I guess not.

The daily achievements are based on the entire game and not each game mode individually. If time is an issue, do some WvW one. You’ll notice that the majority of them are actually PvE as no interaction with players is necessary as you’re just fighting NPC’s, standing in a square, or buying stuff from a vendor.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I liked the old dailies a LOT more. A lot. A lot of the time, there aren’t really any choices I like, and I can’t even get 1 or 2 AP in on a ridiculously short evening.

The individual chests for the dailies? Genious. But the original design philosophy of rewarding players who have very little time for just playing the game normally, wherever they like…I really miss that. Can we have some of that back please?

Polka will never die

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Pockets,

PvE exclusive players do not need to go outside of their preferred game mode any more than do PvPers or WvWers. We (I am a PvE player) may choose to do so if we do not choose to do a given PvE daily but that is not significantly different than. pvPer being faced with dailies involving a class that he doesnt even have on his account ?or lacks sufficient experience with to have a solid chance of winning, or that he just doesnt like playing) or a WvWer facing specific tasks that are not enjoyable to him (its not particularly un to take a keep or tower or to defend an objective solo for example).