The new achievement panel is horrible

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

If you haven’t noticed, they’ve put the 28 log-in rewards inside of it, above the recent completed, and then moved the zenith skins and the mf to the bottom.

Guys, just give the log-in rewards a new section, but don’t force them inside this one, making us need to scroll all the time to see what was basic information before…

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I agree. Its terrible.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t mind them being in the same section but I’d advocate putting the log in grid at the bottom. It’s large enough to be easy to scroll to, and not in need of constant checking; really more of a daily viewing. I’m used to checking my MF quickly, having the number below a scroll bar is annoying.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m really glad that they added the daily chest display into the achievement panel. Only being able to view it once a day when you got your chest was rather silly.

I do agree that the placement isn’t quite ideal, though. Putting it underneath the Recently Completed / Nearly Completed / Account Bonuses would be better. Seeing the daily login chest as the first thing you see when you open the achievement panel isn’t really necessary. Or just a new section, as you suggested.

And actually, the panel where you can withdraw your zenith weapons and hellfire / radiant armor is redundant now anyway, with the wardrobe system in place and those skins being free to use in the wardrobe itself. So they could probably do away with that completely, as long as we’re streamlining the achievement panel.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Yeah, it’s hideous… I’m stunned this went through. A new tab would have been fine, it doesn’t even fit on one screen, let alone the scrolling down to see relevant info.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

… how often do you guys check your magic find?

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

^ Does it really change often enough, or really even matter enough that you need to check it regularly?

timmyf.1490

^ Does it really change often enough, or really even matter enough that you need to check it regularly?

I mean, I check mine every few days when I upconvert and eat luck, but that’s maybe once or twice a week. A lot less often than I’d want to see where I’m at with my daily rewards.

Donari.5237

It’s more that I don’t hold numbers in my head and then my guildies start comparing MF levels and I want to check while running around. Or I see the Luck level ding in my lower right but not the amount, and I want to see what it went to. Something that’s relevant once a day and more likely to be contemplated while standing still should be the part you scroll to.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Agreed, it’s terrible. There are a lot of good things about this game, but definitely not UI.

Please leave “summary” alone for the recent and almost completed achievements. I need the summary easily accessible since if you have any achies tracked, you can’t easily see if you have completed the daily. While we’re at it, I would appreciate it if recent/almost completed achievements get increased to 5 points.

Please put log-in track into a separate category, or at least move it down under the recent and almost completed achievements. I already see it every day and can’t miss it since I have to accept it, no need to repeat it.

I don’t really care about skins/percent buffs as I use them like a couple times a year at most.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

timmyf.1490

It’s more that I don’t hold numbers in my head and then my guildies start comparing MF levels and I want to check while running around. Or I see the Luck level ding in my lower right but not the amount, and I want to see what it went to. Something that’s relevant once a day and more likely to be contemplated while standing still should be the part you scroll to.

You can’t remember your magic find percentage through a single play session? And check it often enough that having to scroll down on a screen is an inconvenience so damaging it’s worth posting about on the internet?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I like to know what my next log-in reward is going to be. Previously the matrix was only shown at log in when picking up the reward.

I just wished the Daily displayed the same in the panel that it is at login, with the divide between the three play modes. It would let me to easily ignore the PvP ones.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Donari.5237

I wasn’t going to post about it, until there was already a thread, in which I posted my agreement that the layout could use a tweak. And no, I can’t remember a precise number from one minute to the next, sometimes. I got through high school and college calculus but that was by rote, not by intuitive mathematical understanding.

Otoh I can write a darn good Shakespearean sonnet.

Anyway, I agree with the OP. Not to the point of calling it hideous. I am pleased as anything to have the login grid available. It just needs a tiny rearrangement to be much handier.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I hate it, 15 chars.

Posted by: Candacis.7048

Candacis.7048

It is awful right now. If they need to display the login bonus, please put it on the bottom or on the bottom of the daily tab. But it doesn’t need to be at the top of the page. I want to see my account boni and last achievements there.

Posted by: Blood Mist Mirage.5610

Blood Mist Mirage.5610

Yeah, I agree that the new layout is bad. Sometimes I wonder if they even test stuff like this or who even thought it would be a good idea.

As a suggestion the log-in reward could just have its own tab. How hard can it be to write the code for a new tab?

Only nerds read this.

timmyf.1490

Otoh I can write a darn good Shakespearean sonnet.

I’ve wanted, for awhile now, to write and perform dramatic re-enactments from (what I can only imagine to be) the point-of-view of people who post complaints like this on the forums.

It’s sort of silly, but it’s a creative outlet, and this post has inspired me. Video later, perhaps, if I don’t find something better to do.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

I don’t mind them being in the same section but I’d advocate putting the log in grid at the bottom. It’s large enough to be easy to scroll to, and not in need of constant checking; really more of a daily viewing. I’m used to checking my MF quickly, having the number below a scroll bar is annoying.

I agree with this entirely; the original information should remain at the top, as that is what most players would intend to look at when viewing the summary page. We don’t need to view the monthly rewards as much as we do the nearly/recently completed achievements and account bonuses.

It is good they have added the monthly rewards to be view-able more than once a day, but it could use some tweaking.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If you haven’t noticed, they’ve put the 28 log-in rewards inside of it, above the recent completed, and then moved the zenith skins and the mf to the bottom.

Guys, just give the log-in rewards a new section, but don’t force them inside this one, making us need to scroll all the time to see what was basic information before…

I just..
no words.

Whoever’s working on UI design lately really needs a kick in the tuckus. The gem store change, the repeated trading post bugs, and now this?

GW2 has always focused on quality of life for the players, but this is a step back, however tiny.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I mean, I check mine every few days when I upconvert and eat luck, but that’s maybe once or twice a week. A lot less often than I’d want to see where I’m at with my daily rewards.

I don’t check anything that’s now pushed to the bottom all that often, but when I do want to check something, why first make me look at something I already saw when I logged in and what I’ll see again tomorrow? Even if I’d only feel the need to check the old info once a month, that’s still a lot more often than I’ve ever felt the need to look at that useless calendar.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

lol Barely anything changed…

timmyf.1490

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I don’t think it should get it’s own tab. An ideal place would be to give it a section of it’s own under the Categories section.

For example.
Achievements
—Categories
——Summary
——Watch List
——Log-in Rewards (name should really be changed to something else)

(edited by nexxe.7081)

Rauderi.8706

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

Players gonna play play play play play~

#WarriorShakeItOffJoke

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I dislike the UI changes since 9/9, honestly. It’s cluttered and overwhelming.

I still can’t really fathom why ‘Outfits’ needs it’s own category in the Equipment panel, other than to facilitate interaction with the gemstore. It made more sense as a subcategory of Wardrobe.

I don’t believe Mail Carriers, Finishers and Minis should get unique categories either – they should be subcategories of some greater category to minimize the initial on-screen clutter.

At this rate, the equipment panel is going to have dozens of tabs. Now it appears to be migrating to the achievement panel…

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I agree. Its terrible.

“One of my 11 accounts (Malediktus.9250).”

i see you know how a good idea looks like xD

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Buy-new-accounts-instead-of-gems/first#post4730784

how does ~8600g extra income per year feel? ^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Malediktus.3740

I cant complain, but i am waiting for the plot twists and t6 mats suddenly become worthless or anet reworks this whole thing another time..

Lishtenbird.2814

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Its honestly fine. Its not like the change to the trait window.

Making a big deal out of cocoa puffs when you asked for cocoa krispies.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Lishtenbird.2814

Its honestly fine.

“It’s fine because I do not care” is not the same as “well-designed for everyone”.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Its honestly fine.

“It’s fine because I do not care” is not the same as “well-designed for everyone”.

You’re all making a big deal about something that was implemented because the playerbase asked for. Now youre complaining on how they did it. Its not like they wrecked the window for it like they did with the trait window update. And yes i prefered the old trait window and im not alone.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Lishtenbird.2814

You’re all making a big deal about something that was implemented because the playerbase asked for. Now youre complaining on how they did it.

Surprise: “you” who asked and “you” who complained can be two different people. They can also be the same person, but unhappy that a requested feature rendered a previously useable feature highly inconvenient.

I’m sick and tired of the modern “intuitive” UIs in the programs I paid for and use every day which suck out my time because they want it “pretty” and never tried to use it themselves on a daily basis. So no, I’m not eating silently every inefficient UI improvement anymore.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Agree with this. At the bottom it would be ok. At the top it distracts way to often, for how few you will use this feature.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Problems:

1. It looks out of place.
2. It is out of place, having nothing to do with achievement points.
2a. This also means that if someone wants to see it, but doesn’t know where it is, there’s no intuitive reason to look for it there.
3. Its placement there reduces the function of the Summary tab as a place to quickly see a summary of information.

While it is not a big problem (nor, indeed, has anyone in this thread suggested it is), it’s still quite a shoddy implementation.

Rauderi.8706

Problems:

1. It looks out of place.
2. It is out of place, having nothing to do with achievement points.
2a. This also means that if someone wants to see it, but doesn’t know where it is, there’s no intuitive reason to look for it there.
3. Its placement there reduces the function of the Summary tab as a place to quickly see a summary of information.

While it is not a big problem (nor, indeed, has anyone in this thread suggested it is), it’s still quite a shoddy implementation.

It wouldn’t even bother me if the UI design just put the login reward notice on the bottom of the screen tab. That’s it, problem solved. :\

Many alts; handle it!

Malediktus.3740

Its honestly fine.

You’re all making a big deal about something that was implemented because the playerbase asked for. Now youre complaining on how they did it. Its not like they wrecked the window for it like they did with the trait window update. And yes i prefered the old trait window and im not alone.

I dont know anyone who asked for it.

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

You got a lot of pieces you really don’t need. Getting money, weapons, armour or pieces for live arena to pay would be better as thing you got tons of at your account.

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

Just seems like it was slapped in a random spot. I beg for a fix for this.