The ranger subforum says hi!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

They would like to have a word with the devs regarding the Ready Up episode 15.
And since the ranger sub gets kindly avoided by the devs, I felt the need to remind them that there are people down there that care:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Balance-Philosophy/first

Thank you for your attention.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That thread will never get any response, largely because it is exactly the kind of thread they have stated hundreds of times they will ignore. Many of those posts are crude and unconstructive and some are attacking devs. Getting a dev on board with discussion is only ever going to happen if the rules of conduct in posting threads is obeyed.

It is also a weekend and they are unlikely to see these forums until late Monday

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I don’t want this thread to get response, I want the devs to actively read and think about the thread I’ve linked because it sums up the misconseption they made in the Ready Up episode nicely.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Well, they likely have already read it – they state they read most threads, but rarely post due to time or tone of many threads. It’s likely any point will have been made already, although the impact will have been massively lessened by some of the posts in that thread.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Doesn’t change the fact that rangers are well in the doghouse to put it lightly.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Devs avoided the topic created by themselves to talk about rangers, do you think that any other topic will be touched by a dev to actually say something besides “We are reading don’t worry” or “This topic are getting too many fight and will be locked” and so on?
Almost every post in the ranger CDI was from just a community manager that sadly is not even working at Anet anymore, answers and real feedback is something I don’t expect anymore about rangers.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Well, they likely have already read it – they state they read most threads, but rarely post due to time or tone of many threads. It’s likely any point will have been made already, although the impact will have been massively lessened by some of the posts in that thread.

As an interesting sociological experiment check out Marvel Heroes where the creative director (colin equiv) is one of the most active posters on the forums responding to all manner of player posts. The net effect is one of the most healthy player communities I have experienced, right up there with lotro. Marvel Heroes has actually had the opposite trajectory to GW2. MH’s launch was a disaster and the game was not even coherent. GW2, at launch was one of the best games I ever played. I understood the manifesto and that this was a very different game. MH though began getting seriously better over time while GW2 floundered and moved further and further from its founding philosophy.

And, with MH you even have none other than David Brevik streaming MH gameplay a couple nights a week with his wife. It’s hard to properly understand the importance of Brevik in gaming history. For those who know the history he didn’t exactly invent the ARPG but he did define it for a generation of gamers with Diablo. It’s pretty wild watching someone like Brevik, now CEO, streaming gameplay. The contrast with GW2’s culture is dramatic.

So the interest is in how the company relates to the players. And, the best way to get it is to simply check it out. It’s worth it for the gaming sociology if for nothing else.

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

I don’t know which I like worse:

A) Anet’s communication with its beta testers which was essentially “if you’re going to be so critical then we simply won’t talk to you”.

or

B) Anet’s current communication strategy which essentially amounts to “SMOKE BOMB! (runs away)”.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i like my ranger it has a few builds
as for this thread it reminds me of a small human type of not so much age hopping up and down yelling look at me, and then you look over only to see a gesture which is most adequately defined as umm, yeah

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

I sure wish ANet had some people from Carbine. Namely communication. ANet is absolutely horrible at it. And don’t give me the “but the forums are mean”. Players can deal with it, so can they. Its their kittening job.

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

You are a bearbow .

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

What I find strange is that communication with developers in GW1 was vastly better than GW2. Anet really seems to have dropped the ball when it comes to community outreach. Ironically GW1 didn’t have official forums, so if a developer was going to respond it was on a handful of scattered fan made forums. Now they have their own forums and don’t use them like they should.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Hi, Ranger Subforum.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

You guys think that the ranger subforum is avoided, go to the dungeon sub the last dungeon related dev post is nearly 2 years old.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

What I find strange is that communication with developers in GW1 was vastly better than GW2. Anet really seems to have dropped the ball when it comes to community outreach. Ironically GW1 didn’t have official forums, so if a developer was going to respond it was on a handful of scattered fan made forums. Now they have their own forums and don’t use them like they should.

And Gaile Grey came to LA or Kamadon on a regular basis and talked with the community. Have to agree, GW’s communication with it’s player base was much better than GW2. But then again, most of the GW devs are not with Anet anymore.

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Yeah rangers got a CDI, but that ready up essentially showed that they didnt read any of it, or take much of it int account.

Also… there is literally zero evidence in patches since the CDI that the CDI had any impact whatsoever.

NSP Why bother?….

(edited by Tyops.5894)