This "Season 2"...

This "Season 2"...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

jiust log in once every 2 weeks, ..don’t play. in 6 months time, then play. Should have “lots of content” then.

to burn through in a few days, just as you would with an expansion.

That is not true, every 2 weeks content can finish in less than 2 hours so if u do the math for 6 months thats like 12 hours to finish all the 2 weeks contents. But if it was “Expansion” contents then it would last for months

You did not finish this content in less than two hours. I’m calling BS on thsi for sure. Unless you just followed a Dulfy guide after it was out. Anyone can finish anything if someone tells them how to do it.

No dulfy guide. Finished it in 1.5 hours. ??? I didn’t skip any of the story either and completed the jumping puzzle , vistas/poi etc and a few random achievements. Not complaining about the content I liked it more so then most of season 1. One of my favorite parts was actually the non combat instance that was all story related.

Took me more than 1.5 hours to find all 30 coins alone.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Didn’t find coins that wasn’t part of the story?

Edit: clearly we consider different parts of the update to be content. The random achievements are not content for me. I care about the story and any new dungeons, zones, etc. Collecting coins around the zone aren’t something that I’m going to do. Anyway, misunderstood you I suppose.

(edited by Jemmi.6058)

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

I wonder how many got the hint dropped A.Net dropped in the beginning LS2 story. The hint was the Zephyrites are disciples of Glint. That is a HUGE hint drop.

Well you are scolding the guy for whining, while you are riding high and mighty on your fanboy horse. This is hint of yours is nothing more than garbage justification to clearly show that the guy is right. How is being a disciple of Glint hint at a future expansion again?

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

This "Season 2"...

Vayne.8563

Edit: clearly we consider different parts of the update to be content. The random achievements are not content for me. I care about the story and any new dungeons, zones, etc. Collecting coins around the zone aren’t something that I’m going to do. Anyway, misunderstood you I suppose.

Content isn’t just what you like. It’s content for people who like scavenger hunts. So what you say is there’s 1. 5 hours of content you like or you consider content. That’s not the same thing at all.

A lot of people do like achievements and some people do like scavenger hunts. It’s a form of content, and in fact, a traditional staple of many RPG games. Sorry you don’t like it, though.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

to the OP , a paid Expac would also have 2 new races n 2 new professions and GVG/HOH so yeah ill take an expac any day

[WM]give us in game ladder

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

to the OP , a paid Expac would also have 2 new races n 2 new professions and GVG/HOH so yeah ill take an expac any day

You’ll probably get fired from ANet for leaking this information.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

That reminds me of.
Remember the last year (summer) when people said they disliked Living Story and asked Arena Net to work on other stuff instead? Remember how Arena Net commented that only smart percentage ot company is actually working on Living STory and how there are huge “secret” background projects? What happened to that?

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Don’t care how they release it as long as its challenging content that will keep us hooked for more than a few days. The LS is always either a mindless farmfest (LA escape) or one time encounters. In this installment they forced us to play the LS missions twice for the achievements but whatever way you spin it, most players complete the new content in a matter of days.
What I want are more fractals and more dungeons so the LS introduces meaningful stuff for the not so casual crowd. We got molten and Mai Trin so that was a good start but after that they kinda stopped. Its just super annoying to play the same content with the same crappy rewards and the same bugs day after day whereas the casual crowd gets LS updates every two weeks…
One dungeon and ome fractal per season and I’d be happy.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

That reminds me of.
Remember the last year (summer) when people said they disliked Living Story and asked Arena Net to work on other stuff instead? Remember how Arena Net commented that only smart percentage ot company is actually working on Living STory and how there are huge “secret” background projects? What happened to that?

EotM, wardrobe, Dry Top map, mega servers…
EotM took one whole year to develop.
It’s a guess, however it’s logical these were the so called big projects.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You provide your own answer but totally ignore. It yes dry top is a small map compared with.

Queensdale but its most likely a small part of the real zone too. If they were to release a full zone. Every 2 weeks they’d need to develop 26 zones per year. On top of the living story instances thats way too.

Much so they did like you said, they broke. The map down releasing a new part every 2 weeks if they break. Every zone into 4 prieces will get 6 new zones. Which are more manageable in a year time frame? And they will not have to compromise on quality.

Either Dry top maybe small but. We know its going to get bigger.

I’ve done to your reply what the LS forces them to do to things like the plot and new zones. Yes, it’s all the same words (and typos), but I think you’ll see that there’s a problem with it now.

LS forces them to break things up unnaturally. It’s an extra limitation they have to work around, and I’m sure it frustrates some of them when they can’t make their ideas work due to the LS format.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Content isn’t just what you like. It’s content for people who like scavenger hunts. So what you say is there’s 1. 5 hours of content you like or you consider content. That’s not the same thing at all.

A lot of people do like achievements and some people do like scavenger hunts. It’s a form of content, and in fact, a traditional staple of many RPG games. Sorry you don’t like it, though.

Suppose Chapter 1 of Season 2 had been one mail to set up the scenario, one instanced fight that takes 5 minute to get to and complete, and one achievement requiring the harvesting of 4000 cactus nodes. You’re saying the content isn’t complete until the achievement is earned. And with four cactus nodes respawning hourly, by your logic that’s 4000 hours worth of content. Yeah, that’s some rock-solid logic you got there.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

Suppose Chapter 1 of Season 2 had been one mail to set up the scenario, one instanced fight that takes 5 minute to get to and complete, and one achievement requiring the harvesting of 4000 cactus nodes. You’re saying the content isn’t complete until the achievement is earned. And with four cactus nodes respawning hourly, by your logic that’s 4000 hours worth of content. Yeah, that’s some rock-solid logic you got there.

That’s some good hyperbole.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I would gladly pay for a Guild Wars 1 like expansion, that add new dungeons with tokens, weapons and armors linked to them, more than 1 skill per two years, new zones, new world boss and a complete new story.

Yup.

I remember in November/december 2013 I was posting in these forums and complaining that we only got one skill, a healy skill that for most classes and builds, is not game breaking or game making. Here we are into July, and I have been away for a while but have there been any new skills? August 2014 coming up, 2 years post launch, 1 or 2 heal skills added, nothing else.

Winning!

Oh, but we got living story every 2 weeks, and free.

I dont care!! Arenanet, I will pay you large sums of money for REAL content, LOTS of content, in one patch, that we are begging you for.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

This "Season 2"...

darkace.8925

Reductio ad absurdum, my friend. Reductio ad absurdum.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Reductio ad absurdum, my friend. Reductio ad absurdum.

Reductio ad absurdum works by showing that a claim must be true because it’s complement results in absurdity. You’re using an absurd achievement to conclude that it’s absurd. That’s a tautology. Also, unless your 4000 hours is serious, you’re using hyperbole.

What Vayne is saying is that you cannot cherry pick the “content” based on what you personally like and use that as a basis for an argument, as that’s a subjective basis.

(edited by Olba.5376)

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Is Wardrobe “content” too? Is Wallet “content”?
I don’t see it. Unless you log in only to play Barbie in Wardrobe UI or to stare at your Wallet.

This "Season 2"...

Olba.5376

I don’t see it. Unless you log in only to play Barbie in Wardrobe UI or to stare at your Wallet.

Those are features.

The thing is, “content” has different meanings to different people. Some people believe it amounts to new, tangible things such as new zones. Others believe it amounts to anything that motivates them to play, such as achievements or new gear. Yet another camp believes that items are content.

You can’t just use your own definition to disregard other aspects of content.

This "Season 2"...

cesmode.4257

Those are features.

The thing is, “content” has different meanings to different people. Some people believe it amounts to new, tangible things such as new zones. Others believe it amounts to anything that motivates them to play, such as achievements or new gear. Yet another camp believes that items are content.

While I agree with you, and he…

Why is this forum filled with “Dont push your views onto anyone else” or “just because you dont like it doesnt mean others dont”… More so than any other game forum, I see this type of mindset. Not that is necessarily BAD, but hell you can use that company line on any opinionated topic.

If I say, that based on my experiences, travels, etc…that many people hate LS…there will be that one guy that will say “Just because you dont like it…”

Well, good job contradicting everything I said in one abstract, overused sentence.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

This "Season 2"...

Olba.5376

Those are features.

While I agree with you, and he…

Why is this forum filled with “Dont push your views onto anyone else” or “just because you dont like it doesnt mean others dont”… More so than any other game forum, I see this type of mindset.

Probably because GW2 has been getting those people since the launch. People claiming the following as requirements for a good game:

• There need to be raids
  • There need to be GvG
  • There needs to be gear progression
  • There needs to be stat progression
  • There need to be expansions
  • There need to be new classes
  • There need to be new professions

And it’s not an issue when you say “many people dislike X” or “many people want X”. It’s literally a logical fallacy when you claim that many people thinking something makes it truth. Called appealing to majority.

(edited by Olba.5376)

This "Season 2"...

cesmode.4257

@Olba: How dare you attempt to use logic in these forums. Do not presume the assumptions of..the majority by the fallcies of your..logic.

How dare you sir. Be ashamed. No logic in these forums.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I’m not pointing to another game to defend this game. I’m saying this game doesn’t really need defending. You’re attacking it because of your limited experience with other cash shops. I’m saying this isn’t a bad cash shop.

You don’t like cash shop games period. None of them. If you don’t like them, nothing is going to make you happy other than not having a game depend on cash shops.

Cash shops are now a fact of life. Even sub games have them.

You can talk about this games cash shop until you’re blue in the face, but because it’s not offensive compared to the others, most people aren’t going to jump on that bandwagon. It’s just logic.

“I’m not pointing to another game to defend this game.” > “because it’s not offensive compared to the others” You see there you do it again.

“not having a game depend on cash shops.” .. “Cash shops are now a fact of life. Even sub games have them.” You see there is a difference there. Depending on them (like F2P games should) or just having them but not depending on them (Like B2P and P2P games should).

I have no limited experience with them. They tend to be almost always bad, thats one of the reasons I got interested in GW2 as it was promoted as a B2P game.. So should not be depending on it.

And I am not so sure so many people will jump on the bandwagon. Sure many people are no very wise if it comes to this sort of things. They jump onto an MMO. Spend hundred of dollars on the cash-shop then complain the game is bad, failing to see they helped to support that bad behavior and then move on tot he next game from the same publisher to do the same. However at some point people will get it.

That cash-shop focus would be here to say… well thats what they said about P2P games (in fact some still do) just a few years ago. However most games had to come back from there P2P approach.

Will me talking about it help. Well I do feel the game is losing people and I have been saying from the beginning (that I got really active here) that it would work in the short run, but be bad in the long run. Long rust starting at about 3 years. Anet could be wise and take my advise. I was also ones of the first complaining about the temporary nature of the content. It took Anet almost a year to come to that same conclusion. So maybe they should learn form that, that listening to people on these forums might be a good idea. If not at least I hope some more people will see how one effects the other and start approaching games in another way. As soon as enough people do that things (in general, not only in GW2) also start to change.

At some point there will be some developer that gets it write.

So yes I do think it help even if it’s a little bid. The only thing that does not help or even only makes it worse is jumping on the bandwagon because you know it can be worse. That will only make it worse.

As I’ve said over and over again, what Guild Wars 1 did will never happen again because it’s a different time and place. MMOs cost to much to produce. There’s too much risk involved. Any MMO that doesn’t put the money in won’t have the funds necessary to make an ambitious enough game to compete.

In an ideal world, I’d probably agree with you. This world just isn’t ideal.

The game you’re waiting for will probably never arrive.

You act as if the true B2P model would earn less money. When looking at the numbers it seems like it might even make more money. However risk is a little higher, it’s harder and it more long-term, less on short-term. But when done correctly profits might be much higher.

See:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/KongZhong-Details-about-GW2-China/page/2#post4077017
Problem at this point might be that it’s to late for that and with that I mean is that the start of an MMO is very important. Changing it for the best might not always results in what you would have got when you started out that way.

(edited by Devata.6589)

This "Season 2"...

Vayne.8563

Harvesting a respawning node isn’t content. A scavenger hunt is. I don’t see how you could possibly make that analogy. We’re finding hidden stuff. That’s not just content for me, a lot of people like that kind of thing.

This "Season 2"...

Vayne.8563

I’m not pointing to another game to defend this game. I’m saying this game doesn’t really need defending. You’re attacking it because of your limited experience with other cash shops. I’m saying this isn’t a bad cash shop.

You don’t like cash shop games period. None of them. If you don’t like them, nothing is going to make you happy other than not having a game depend on cash shops.

Cash shops are now a fact of life. Even sub games have them.

You can talk about this games cash shop until you’re blue in the face, but because it’s not offensive compared to the others, most people aren’t going to jump on that bandwagon. It’s just logic.

“I’m not pointing to another game to defend this game.” > “because it’s not offensive compared to the others” You see there you do it again.

“not having a game depend on cash shops.” .. “Cash shops are now a fact of life. Even sub games have them.” You see there is a difference there. Depending on them (like F2P games should) or just having them but not depending on them (Like B2P and P2P games should).

I have no limited experience with them. They tend to be almost always bad, thats one of the reasons I got interested in GW2 as it was promoted as a B2P game.. So should not be depending on it.

And I am not so sure so many people will jump on the bandwagon. Sure many people are no very wise if it comes to this sort of things. They jump onto an MMO. Spend hundred of dollars on the cash-shop then complain the game is bad, failing to see they helped to support that bad behavior and then move on tot he next game from the same publisher to do the same. However at some point people will get it.

That cash-shop focus would be here to say… well thats what they said about P2P games (in fact some still do) just a few years ago. However most games had to come back from there P2P approach.

Will me talking about it help. Well I do feel the game is losing people and I have been saying from the beginning (that I got really active here) that it would work in the short run, but be bad in the long run. Long rust starting at about 3 years. Anet could be wise and take my advise. I was also ones of the first complaining about the temporary nature of the content. It took Anet almost a year to come to that same conclusion. So maybe they should learn form that, that listening to people on these forums might be a good idea. If not at least I hope some more people will see how one effects the other and start approaching games in another way. As soon as enough people do that things (in general, not only in GW2) also start to change.

At some point there will be some developer that gets it write.

So yes I do think it help even if it’s a little bid. The only thing that does not help or even only makes it worse is jumping on the bandwagon because you know it can be worse. That will only make it worse.

As I’ve said over and over again, what Guild Wars 1 did will never happen again because it’s a different time and place. MMOs cost to much to produce. There’s too much risk involved. Any MMO that doesn’t put the money in won’t have the funds necessary to make an ambitious enough game to compete.

In an ideal world, I’d probably agree with you. This world just isn’t ideal.

The game you’re waiting for will probably never arrive.

You act as if the true B2P model would earn less money. When looking at the numbers it seems like it might even make more money. However risk is a little higher, it’s harder and it more long-term, less on short-term. But when done correctly profits might be much higher.

I don’t know that anyone here has the expertise to say model X will work better or earn more money that model Y. For one thing there are too many variables. For example, if something has more risk and has more trouble getting funded, than what you can do becomes more modest, it makes less of an initial impact, draws less players and you don’t make as much money. Everything is simplified to try to push the agenda, which is cash shops are intrinsically bad.

I don’t know that I’d be willing to take on more risk on a very expensive project. It’s not necessarily the best way to get investors.

This "Season 2"...

darkace.8925

Harvesting a respawning node isn’t content. A scavenger hunt is. I don’t see how you could possibly make that analogy. We’re finding hidden stuff. That’s not just content for me, a lot of people like that kind of thing.

According to you, achievements are content. If harvesting nodes had an achievement attached to them – as the dragon pinatas during last year’s Dragon Bash did – that would qualify as content. Your words, not mine.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

The problem, isn’t smaller updates vs. expansion, but it’s about the quantity and quality of them.

Living Story is the major form of content, while everything else is ignored. They had around 4 teams working on it, which was overkill.

Imagine, if we had frequent, smaller updates, which added new skills, weapon-types, new spvp gametypes, new dungeons, WvW expanded, new crafting professions, etc.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Guildmate convinced me to give the LS another chance, (since I’ve been playing another game.) Slightly disappointed and not surprised that I got completely through all the story parts (from the start through today’s) in a couple of hours. The writing, although better than last season, was still both predictable and cheesy enough to leave my former opinion of this game intact. I won’t share it because I don’t particularly want to be infracted. I like the game, I don’t like what has been done to it since release. I’m having a hard time taking it seriously.

Still enjoying WvW, and like many other WvW players, have given up any hope for new content there. (See: WvW board for understanding.)

I agree with those concerned about both content and quality. That has been an on-going concern now for over a year.

I’ve accepted that GW2 is what it is and is not likely to change. I’m tolerating what WvW offers. And I’ve already voted by shutting my wallet here and opening it up for another game.

For those still enjoying what this game offers, I envy you.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

For those still enjoying what this game offers, I envy you.

I enjoy what this game offers, and I enjoy what Minecraft offers, and when I can’t do either of those there’s something much more entertaining for a while.

“Achievement Hunter”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Yeah, I like my content the same way I like my meals. Served on a plate rather than drip fed.

Except you would take said food on said plate, shove it all into your mouth at once, finish the meal in one big gulp, then complain two seconds later about there not being any more food.

This "Season 2"...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, I like my content the same way I like my meals. Served on a plate rather than drip fed.

Except you would take said food on said plate, shove it all into your mouth at once, finish the meal in one big gulp, then complain two seconds later about there not being any more food.

I’d think they’d actually choke first. Or have their stomach rupture from storing that much food which hadn’t been processed first by chewing.

I should be fair though. This is assuming this person isn’t a reptile or something similar which eats food whole.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

This "Season 2"...

BlueZone.4236

No, I’d eat it like a normal person, leave satisfied, and hope for another pleasant experience the next time round.
No need to project your experience onto mine.

This "Season 2"...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

No, I’d eat it like a normal person, leave satisfied, and hope for another pleasant experience the next time round.

And no need to impugn my dining habits of eating a salad and then the entree, either . . .

This "Season 2"...

BlueZone.4236

And no need to impugn my dining habits of eating a salad and then the entree, either . . .

Yeah…no clue what you’re talking about. If you want to partition your meal and call parts of them salad, entrees and desserts. A bit silly, but be my guest.

This "Season 2"...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah…no clue what you’re talking about. If you want to partition your meal and call parts of them salad, entrees and desserts. A bit silly, but be my guest.

You’ve never had a multiple course dinner, have you? Ever eaten at an Olive Garden? Any restaurant where you sit down and you have things come to you as they’re ready, like appetizers, then entree, then dessert?

Really?

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

You’ve never had a multiple course dinner, have you? Ever eaten at an Olive Garden? Any restaurant where you sit down and you have things come to you as they’re ready, like appetizers, then entree, then dessert?

Really?

There’s Olive Garden and other tasty restaurants, and then there’s Thanksgivin’ where I gorge upon a horde of food on the table. Ultimately it’s preference.

But my posts here aren’t concerning which is better – I think there’s equal amounts of opportunities where they shine (chunks of good DLC vs. a good chunk in an expansion) – it’s how I feel about the “free food” ANet’s giving us. And this is the part where the food analogy starts to fall apart in relation to their payment model

This "Season 2"...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And this is the part where the food analogy starts to fall apart in relation to their payment model

. . . why? I’m not paying anything for it. It really is like Thanksgiving dinner, without all the drama in the kitchen of trying to get everything done more or less within the same hour.

This "Season 2"...

BlueZone.4236

Really?

Yeah, it’s a single course drip fed.
EDIT: Actually, it’s a single plate drip fed.

This "Season 2"...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Given this is what was advertised . . . and what some players asked for in the CDIs, I just shrug and enjoy my meal however it is served. Or skip a helping if it isn’t to my liking. (Like if it involved bell peppers, or fish, or raw onions.)

This "Season 2"...

darkace.8925

Really?

In one scenario the chefs are allowed only so much time to prepare each course, and then it’s served whether it’s ready or not. In the other scenario the chef has plenty of time to ensure the food to be served at the feast is as good as it can be.

This "Season 2"...

Tobias Trueflight.8350

In one scenario the chefs are allowed only so much time to prepare each course, and then it’s served whether it’s ready or not.

Never had a dinner at a restaurant where the course was brought to me incomplete, or not ready . . . and from when I worked in it, the kitchen would not send out a plate which wasn’t done.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

And this is the part where the food analogy starts to fall apart in relation to their payment model

. . . why? I’m not paying anything for it.

Because if “no one” pays anything for the “Thanksgiving dinner”, no one gets Thanksgiving dinner, maybe? GW2’s content isn’t necessarily “free”, and they wouldn’t be able to provide any if it wasn’t making some form of profit.

This "Season 2"...

darkace.8925

In one scenario the chefs are allowed only so much time to prepare each course, and then it’s served whether it’s ready or not.

Never had a dinner at a restaurant where the course was brought to me incomplete, or not ready . . . and from when I worked in it, the kitchen would not send out a plate which wasn’t done.

Then that’s where this analogy falls apart, because video games and their patches can and do ship before they’re ready.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I agree that it has better writing but this is nowhere close to an expansion.
More disappointment, and more 2 hour updates

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

This "Season 2"...

BlueZone.4236

Then that’s where this analogy falls apart, because video games and their patches can and do ship before they’re ready.

Not if it’s run Hell’s Kitchen style, where the patrons are also Gordon Ramsay!

This "Season 2"...

Vayne.8563

According to you, achievements are content. If harvesting nodes had an achievement attached to them – as the dragon pinatas during last year’s Dragon Bash did – that would qualify as content. Your words, not mine.

Are you saying that using a scavenger hunt as an example, which happens to have an achievement attached to it means that I’m saying ALL achievements are content? Because I don’t believe I implied that.

I’m saying that a scavenger hunt that happens to have an achievement attached to it is content. I didn’t think of the pinatas as content. All I ever remember saying about them is that if you do two of them every time you go to LA you’d get that achievement without grinding. Hardly the same thing.

You should stop trying to twist what I say. It doesn’t help get your point across. Unless you can find a place where I actually state that all achievements are content. Of course some achievement are just there for window dressing.

But then, the achievements in the TA dungeon to me WERE content. They provided harder and more challenging things to do in the dungeon than you would have had if you just ran the dungeon. If you ran that dungeon and didn’t do the more challenging achievements, yes, you’d be missing out on content.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

This "Season 2"...

darkace.8925

Are you saying that using a scavenger hunt as an example, which happens to have an achievement attached to it means that I’m saying ALL achievements are content? Because I don’t believe I implied that.

I’m saying that a scavenger hunt that happens to have an achievement attached to it is content. I didn’t think of the pinatas as content. All I ever remember saying about them is that if you do two of them every time you go to LA you’d get that achievement without grinding. Hardly the same thing.

You should stop trying to twist what I say. It doesn’t help get your point across. Unless you can find a place where I actually state that all achievements are content. Of course some achievement are just there for window dressing.

But then, the achievements in the TA dungeon to me WERE content. They provided harder and more challenging things to do in the dungeon than you would have had if you just ran the dungeon. If you ran that dungeon and didn’t do the more challenging achievements, yes, you’d be missing out on content.

I’m not saying that you implied that at all. You implied it yourself when you said…

Given the context of that post, it’s clear you were stating achievements and scavenger hunts are content. You’re not the kind of guy who clicks “Reply” before ensuring you’ve said exactly what you meant to say. If you simply meant scavenger hunts, you wouldn’t have even brought up achievements.

This "Season 2"...

nexxe.7081

Enough with the analogies. lol. Get back to the point of the original topic.

This "Season 2"...

Vayne.8563

I’m not saying that you implied that at all. You implied it yourself when you said…

Given the context of that post, it’s clear you were stating achievements and scavenger hunts are content. You’re not the kind of guy who clicks “Reply” before ensuring you’ve said exactly what you meant to say. If you simply meant scavenger hunts, you wouldn’t have even brought up achievements.

No sorry, I said a lot of people like achievements, but the scavenger hunt was a specific achievement that I brought out to show that some achievements were content. That doesn’t mean that all achievements are content. Dailies aren’t content. They’re dailies. You do them to get the laurel. That’s not content.

I simply stated and you can take it at face value that a lot of people like achievements. If you someone got from that that ALL achievements are content, then you’d have inferred something I haven’t implied.

In fact, you took a single part of a sentence out of a couple of paragraphs and applied meaning to it. There are definitely some achievements that are just there…and some people like that anyway.

But a scavenger hunt IS content.

I mean a lot of people don’t like and would never do a dungeon. But that doesn’t mean they get to say that dungeons aren’t content.

This "Season 2"...

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I’d rather have FREE content every 2 weeks, than to pay for an expansion.

It’s basically free vs pay. In my case, free win, not even up to discussion.

This "Season 2"...

Vayne.8563

I’d rather pay for an expansion, but since we don’t know we’re not going to get one, or the type of stuff you get in an expansion, I’m happy to have free in game content while I wait for an expansion.

I’m relatively sure we’ll see one in 2015, when the game is older in China.

This "Season 2"...

nexxe.7081

I’d rather have FREE content every 2 weeks, than to pay for an expansion.

It’s basically free vs pay. In my case, free win, not even up to discussion.

Yes, free updates, but look deeper into them, and start to compare and contrast, to the more traditional MMOs, and you’ll find out that other MMOs put out more meaningful content for your characters and gameplay.