Those who complain and are about to quit...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

NOTE: This is mainly for those that came from GW1.

Just out of curiosity, if/when you quit playing this from whatever reason, do you go back playing GW1 or are you just gonna move on completely?

(edited by Valtameri.2075)

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

There’s no real reason for me to go back to Guild Wars 1, in my opinion. I imagine they’ll gradually keep dropping support for GW1. And eventually cut the servers off completely (like City of Heroes/Villains)

The only thing that I’d go back to GW1 for at this point would be to get the extra titles for GW2…

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

I’m going to go back to EVE online.

I was hoping GW2 would be a sandbox fantasy MMO of the kind I have a soft spot for (instead of a spaceship MMO) that could be my new home, but it appears that is not to be.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Move on. Mainly because I can’t get back into the combat mechanics of GW1. Having to stop in order to cast? I… I just can’t.
I’ll have a look at PS2, cause that looks like it doesn’t have a treadmill built in yet, but I won’t be spending any time building my characters on an progression MMO for a long while.
Oh, I should say that I’m a pretty much exclusive PvEer, and the only reason I consider playing PS2 is because I don’t have to engage in direct PvP to be a credit for my faction. Just like in WvW.

(edited by ASB.4295)

Posted by: Blutkrieg.1320

Blutkrieg.1320

Minecraft\Dota 2

I feel cheated, I’ve forged countless hammers, played since the betas only to see my newbie guildy get the colossus. I can’t stomach it anymore.

Officer [VILE] – Desolation

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

Firefall, PS2, maybe a little 1-49 SWTOR PvP

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

I’ll be moving on. My plan is to try Planetside 2 then, if that doesn’t work out, I’ll be going back to Eve Online.

Valtameri.2075

Move on. Mainly because I can’t get back into the combat mechanics of GW1. Having to stop in order to cast?
I’ll have a look at PS2, cause that looks like it doesn’t have a treadmill built in yet, but I won’t be spending any time building my characters on an progression MMO for a long while.
Oh, I should say that I’m a pretty much exclusive PvEer, and the only reason I consider playing PS2 is because I don’t have to engage in direct PvP to be a credit for my faction. Just like in WvW.

I loved PS2 beta, but if you got somekind of phobia towards grinding, you might get disappointed.
You’ll need to do tons of objectives/kills to earn certs to unlock scopes ’n such. Or pay if you wanna get them without effort.
If you are ok with that, prepare for some kick*** fun.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

I think I’ll wait for FF14: Realm Reborn…. I want to be a healer again and who is a better healer than a white mage?

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

back to tsw as planned on happening eventually, then from there idk what. mainly just hanging out with my guildies playing random games.

not much to say really. this will go down in mmo history as being more epic than the NGE. because in the case of the NGE at least SOE didn’t spend 5 years saying they’d never do such a thing.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I loved PS2 beta, but if you got somekind of phobia towards grinding, you might get disappointed.
You’ll need to do tons of objectives/kills to earn certs to unlock scopes ’n such. Or pay if you wanna get them without effort.
If you are ok with that, prepare for some kick*** fun.

Oh, I won’t be playing seriously, that means, with any kind of long term goal. GW2 taught me to never ever trust permanence in an online game. I know that those side grades are unlocked in a linear fashion, one after the other, which is stupid, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t care. Yay apathy!

Posted by: TSLlol.4879

TSLlol.4879

Moving on. The fact that lucky people are rewarded instead of people who put tons of time and effort in the game is just sad, and I’ve had it.

I’ll be moving. Probably AC3, Dishonored, Borderlands 2… Stuff that I’ve been neglecting because of playing GW2. Maybe even gonna pick up SWTOR again now that it’s f2p, I honestly miss it.

I really have no reason to go back to play GW1. It was an amazing game, but it’s had it’s lifespan, great memories though.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Elder Scrolls online.

Check out the video on the main site. Seems like a lot of GW2 mechnics Done Better…same loot mechanics….Mega Servers which means no seperate servers…etc etc… but with better combat (blocking, sneaking etc) and somethnig for everyone….dark brotherhood FTW…yes you can join their guild in the MMO!!!
But I say this cautiously…it could turn into another GW2…

Other then that until then it will be random MMO’s and console games to waste my time.

GW2 on the very small occasion to check new maps and so on…but not permanent anymore…especially since I came for PVP and its a joke.

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

I have been playing NBA2k13 but this whole thing has dampened my enthusiasm for gaming in general.

I might check out Elderscrolls but will probably not play it.

Firefall was mentioned, maybe I will give that a shot.

Wrekks/Wrekts

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I think I’ll wait for FF14: Realm Reborn…. I want to be a healer again and who is a better healer than a white mage?

A priest in Tera is the best healer class. Better than White mage from any Final Fantays Online games.

I recomend it. =D

But yeah, for me, I’ll most likely play Tera if I ever do quit. I might jump on GW1 from time to time since It’s still fun. But if GW1 gets the plug pulled or if GW1 becomes like GW2 with gear-treadmill… Goodbye ArenaNet =(

Posted by: Primal.9513

Primal.9513

I’m going back to minecraft / LoL.

It doesn’t mean I won’t ever play GW2 again, but in its current state, no.

I sincerely hope they will come back and stick to their promises (aka manifesto).

“We don’t make grindy games!”

Then GW2 is either not a game, or made by you.

Posted by: XTreme Risk.5973

XTreme Risk.5973

I’ll be moving on personally. I have a(of all things) ranger in Pre that’s lvl 18.5, thought I would go back and get LDoA on. Not after this, It’s left a bad taste for ArenaNet. At least I won’t care about any more of their expansions or CE’s. Saves me money for Resident Evil in the long run. lol

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

If NCSoft hadn’t murdered City of Heroes, I’d go back. I’d never have left, actually. As is… I may actually be done with MMOs entirely. I’m giving these guys a little while longer, though. At least six months from GW2 going live before I make my final call.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Valtameri.2075

I have been playing NBA2k13 but this whole thing has dampened my enthusiasm for gaming in general.

I might check out Elderscrolls but will probably not play it.

Firefall was mentioned, maybe I will give that a shot.

I don’t know much about Elder Scrolls online, but i wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up another failing pay 2 play mmo that tries to be next WoW.

As for Firefall, i can recommend that.

Back to my topic: I was hoping more people to jump back to GW1. I’d hate that game to die out completely. It remains one of the more unique mmorpg out there.

Posted by: XTreme Risk.5973

XTreme Risk.5973

Ohhhh, we could all hop on and go do Slavers’ Exile. MuaHaHaHaa

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I’ll go back to my lifetime subs to TSW and CO, check to see if PotBS is still running, and revisit my long dormant DDO account.

XCOM Enemy Unknown just arrived in the post yesterday to help fill the void as well.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

I am done with MMOs after 7 years. This was the first one that I completely enjoyed and felt was fun.

I am going to spend some time playing with guildmates but I already know where this is heading for me. My frustration over this has been growing everyday so I know I will quit soon. Sadly, I have been feeling the same way I did before I quit WOW and SWTOR. I would have quit in the past few days but I love playing with my guildmates.

In the meantime, I have returned to playing Assassin’s Creed 3 and started a 3rd playthrough of Skyrim. I did not even log on GW2 today despite planning to do dungeon runs with the guild.

I also am thinking about buying the new Xcom. I have so many games right now that I have not even touched that I have enough for at least a year.

Until recently, GW2 had pulled me away from not only other games but even going to movies (my 2nd favorite form of entertainment).

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Moving away from MMO genre completely. I’ll most probably go to single-player games.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Blutkrieg.1320

Blutkrieg.1320

I am done with MMOs after 7 years. This was the first one that I completely enjoyed and felt was fun.

I am going to spend some time playing with guildmates but I already know where this is heading for me. My frustration over this has been growing everyday so I know I will quit soon. Sadly, I have been feeling the same way I did before I quit WOW and SWTOR. I would have quit in the past few days but I love playing with my guildmates.

In the meantime, I have returned to playing Assassin’s Creed 3 and started a 3rd playthrough of Skyrim. I did not even log on GW2 today despite planning to do dungeon runs with the guild.

I also am thinking about buying the new Xcom. I have so many games right now that I have not even touched that I have enough for at least a year.

Until recently, GW2 had pulled me away from not only other games but even going to movies (my 2nd favorite form of entertainment).

^

The only thing holding me in gw2 is my guild and guildies. Everything else is pointless, I feel cheated.

Officer [VILE] – Desolation

Posted by: CJAncients.6907

CJAncients.6907

Gonna try Planetside 2 and play more console games.

Posted by: Pinek.6972

Pinek.6972

I unnistalled Gw2 yesterday and im going back to RIFT. I bought exp pack and 2 months sub.

I have 17 lvl already and i decorate my first house (dimension) and its deeper, more engaging and rewarding that anything in GW2.

But besides RIFT i lost interest in MMOs. I MAY check TESO but i dont belive it will be any good. It will be GW2 all over again.

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Guys, for those trying out Planetside 2, make sure you join an outfit. The game becomes 100x more enjoyable when you work together and use communication. I’ve been in the beta since the very beginning and it’s amazing how much work the devs have been putting in. They actually listen to their player base. A week or two ago, the certification gain was kind of slow but a ton of people complained so they increased the gain by 30%. The game will not feel like a grind if you don’t pay money. Personally, I will only be spending money on cosmetics, possibly a membership here and there.

I will also be researching Elder Scrolls Online and depending on how the game develops a few months after release, I will most likely dive into that.

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I would go back to being productive.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

Been playing a lot of DotA2 and will probably just go on to develop games.

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

I’d go back to GW1 but I mastered it already and it’s not getting updated any more. So I’m back to N64/PS1/PS2/GB/GC like before I started GW1. A bit of 360 and PS3 on the side. Just Halo and GTA on those, though. GW2 failing was no biggie to me.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

(edited by Nayru.4537)

Posted by: Rvue.1839

Rvue.1839

Back to waiting for the next UO-like virtual world. GW2 was a decent diversion.

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Done with MMOs, nail in the coffin. RIP stupid genre owned by greedy kittens and made for greedy idiots.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Yeah go greedy kittens, meow.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: shynu.7081

shynu.7081

Finally a reason to play borderlands 2 and dishonored. Thnx =)

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

FO:NV or dishnored… dunno

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: pregnable.1954

pregnable.1954

Yeah, not going to play gw1 either. Heh.

Neverwinter Online looks pretty good. Looking forward to that now.

Playing some torchlight2.

Going to give firefall a try eventually.

Borderlands2 looks good, but I will probably wait for goty.

I have a lot of games I need to finish as well.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

FO:NV or dishnored… dunno

Dishonored looks fun. I am about to try it out. I heard there are at least 5 different ways you can go through the game.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Kitsan.8453

Kitsan.8453

Basically this is it for me. I still play LOTRO and I’m quite happy with ROR. So not all is lost.

But after my interest in LOTRO flags, that will be it.

I really wanted to be part of a game that didn’t have gear grinding as its central ethos. It seemed like GW2 was that game. Guess not.

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

I won’t fully quit the game ever, because there is no sub. I will be taking a break when I get my broken down ps3 replaced to play a lot of Dark Souls.

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

Time has changed… so does the MMO industry… we will never experience the thrill of playing epic mmo like UO and EQ… they do not make games like that no more…

Most new mmo on the market now have life span shorter than 3 months… GW2 was fun, but the fun is over, so we move on.

I am going to finish Skyrim and play the 2 adventure packs for Might and magic Heroes 6.

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

I like GW2, my guild and the new FotM.

Except ascended gear makes GW2 feel like a grind. Random drops to get backpack is driving me crazy and setting FotM level to lowers person’s level is … (best left unsaid).

Will be hanging on for awhile longer. But will be splitting my time with all those single player games I have missed since GW2 came out.

If there is no changes away from vertical grind and gating within the next few months, I guess I will be leaving too. Always wanted to try the TSW story (minus the end game gear grind). Or maybe wait for Elder Scroll Online.

Posted by: Snix Spoonman.3871

Snix Spoonman.3871

I’m just saddened and disappointed by this whole thing, in fact very upset.

When GW2 was announced I bought into the whole ethos Anet gave about the game.
Its not just the monetary value of purchasing the game i feel cheated out of.
Its the 7 years of my time i put into GW1, 7 years of money I pumped into Anet with the purchase of all the expansions and stuff from the cash shop.
I even pumped hundreds of hours more time to grind out the 50/50 HoM to be prepared for GW2, on the back of Anet promising no vertical progression in GW2.
And in the first couple of months of GW2 I spent a fair amount of hard earned money in the GW2 cash shop.

I chose to invest a lot of time and money into GW1 as it provided the one thing most other MMO’s didnt, horizontal progression. Otherwise I would have chose another game at the time if I wanted vertical prgoression(ie WoW)

I continued to invest time and money in GW1 because Anet had promised GW2 would be horizontal progression and absolutely no vertical progression.

This change of manifesto and ethos less than 3 month in the game has just knocked me for sideways and I have lost all interest and love for the game. In fact I have lost all love for the genre and certainly lost trust in Anet.

So i reckon i be firing up my PS3 or xBox and just lark about on some non-indepth games from now on.

(edited by Snix Spoonman.3871)

Posted by: Merthax.5172

Merthax.5172

I will probably continue with GW2 to get several characters leveled to 80. I may get them fully outfitted with rares, or simply retire them after their journey to 80.

I would consider returning to GW1, but I played it consistently for a few years and don’t necessarily feel the need to return. I may, however, if IRL friends want to go back to it.

The MMORPG genre really isn’t for me, but it appeared that GW2 would have been an exception to this. As I have seen others suggest, I might also check out TSW. Before long, I will likely move on and spend some quality time with single-player console games.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Well, I was eager for a Guild Wars #2, as I spent years of my life in that game, and hate MMOs. I went back to GW1 for a while to play Pre-searing, and actually enjoyed myself a lot. But with almost 3,500 hours in GW1, I’ve more than experienced it, and it’s mainly just depressing at this point.

I’ve looked into other games, including MMOs, but it’s not the kind of experience I’ve been waiting to have, and the other MMOs have the same problems GW2/NCSoft is intentionally developing.

So, I don’t know.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

I’m gonna go pick up the new Hitman today, it looks sweet!

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

I would not be so petty to go for a refund, Based on the fact I have “had my moneys worth” I have 700 hours into it which is good value for money. I paid for an extra character slot and bank tabs and do not feel ripped off.
I am thinking about quitting though when I get my character to lvl 80. I have one character at lvl 69 and the rest in the forties.
The whole mess with the events/Ascended gear has left me bitter. I wont be going to any other MMOs. I think I am done with the genre. Companies are too interested in the bottom line and not about making a game that fits a niche. Apart from maybe Eve but even there its not all roses and tonic water!

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

People who prepaid can’t get refunds due to the 6 month time period. Hence why they offered prepaids at all so early. So you couldn’t get your money back.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

I unnistalled Gw2 yesterday and im going back to RIFT. I bought exp pack and 2 months sub.

I have 17 lvl already and i decorate my first house (dimension) and its deeper, more engaging and rewarding that anything in GW2.

But besides RIFT i lost interest in MMOs. I MAY check TESO but i dont belive it will be any good. It will be GW2 all over again.

Rift has player housing? And you get it at level 17?

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I would go back to being productive.

Pretty much this. I’m going to play casually until they announce the first full expansion. If i like what i see, i may consider devoting more time. As it stands now, the dependency on designing around the MF, the shallow combat, redundant grouping, and poorly designed encounters as a result of the removal of the trinity is really pushing me away from the game. I have not and will never spend money in ArenaNet’s cash shop for GW2. I really hope they can pull themselves up from their bootstraps and get the ball rolling on making fundamental changes to this game because GW1 is a beloved game for me and i wish them all the best. From now on, i’m going to try and be more productive with my time.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

elder scrolls when it comes out.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.