Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

This is stupid as kitten.

If i wanted a gear treadmill I would play WoW. It does it better anyway.

Arenanet, you start trying to go toe to toe with WoW your game will die just like every other one that came before you because you honestly can’t design PvE content worth kitten compared to blizzard.

You have a solid niche section of the gaming industry with WvW, capitalise on it you morons.

Posted by: Dzoni.1082

Dzoni.1082

well, the same forum that QQ about the lack of stuffs to do at lvl 80 now QQ about Anet adding more stuffs to do at lvl 80. The same forum also QQ about the lack of " PROGRESSION" now QQ about Anet adding progression.

I think the introduction of the new armor type is good .This will make “I-got-exotics-already-now-i-have-no-goal-or-motivation-to-play” people stays longer.

New goal and New motivation, I like the sound of it.

The vast majority of us were in game playing because we liked no vertical climbs of pointlessness.

The thing is, every possible indicator shows that more people have left the game than are playing. The need people to play and buy from the cash shop, that is if you want an expansion. Progression helps them do this.

No, they need to get to a stable player base (one that agrees with their vision), and then determine how to operate within that revenue.

LoL doesn’t have more people than WoW playing it, but who cares because it freakin’ rocks all on it’s own.

I am sorry but i will have to disagree on the fact about LoL (if you was refering to League of Legends). LoL have had “steamrolled” WoW by the number of players. Heck it is even declared as the most played online game on the planet

Sorry for being off-topic…

You can disagree, but you are wrong WoW is the most played mmorpg. LoL is an mmo. If you don’t believe me ask Forbes. here is one article. It’s been said LoL has around 35 million players.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/08/22/concrete-data-shows-league-of-legends-number-one-in-live-streams-team-solomid-theoddone-most-popular-player/

here is another
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/07/11/riot-games-league-of-legends-officially-becomes-most-played-pc-game-in-the-world/

Well, thats what i was about to say. 35 millions outmatched WoW more than twice.

Strange how one typo can change the meaning of whole post. I am sorry, i corrected it. English is not my primary language anyway.

All good mate may have been me misreading.

It’s a good thing LoL has vertical progression, since you guys have both proven it outperformed WoW twice over – certainly this proves… oh, wait a minute…

Well, LoL DO have some kind of progression, but it is in NO way vertical. If you ask me, mechanic of LoL is perfect, which is very well approved.

I mean, you can still rock in 5-mins-ago-created account, with this week’s rotation free Ashe, with no runes equipped if you know ganking, positioning, etc. mechanics (sure the lack of masteries will make things harder but still…) and cooperating very well with team.

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

LFM New Dungeon must have full Ascended Gear.

sigh

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Ok, so if I am in full exotics and go to this new content to grind out ascended, and people don’t accept me to the party because I don’t have any ascended, is that fair?

Likewise, once I get to ascended gear I guess its only fair I treat everyone else the same way? After they get ascended gear, why should they let my alts into the party? What about once my alts have ascended and their alts don’t? After all, after being used to companies who don’t have to keep their word solid about the design of the game from pre-launch I might as well go ahead and just be an elitist because at least elitists aren’t
retroactively changing the promise about the future of the game. With no shred of empathy left because I grinded it all out, I can also be elitist at that point. Is it wrong at that point? Where does the bar get lowered to?

So, if we all do this maybe it will all go down in flames, because the game will lose the ironically small amount of community it once had. Whereas once the tools to build a community existed, the gear grind will have gotten rid of the last shreds. How is it that the community seems to get worse and worse with time? I haven’t seen anything being built and don’t foresee any community progress with such content. Gear is soulbound so its not like I can allow my neighbor down the way to borrow a cup of exotic sugar. Everything is localized to your player. The game wants you to be social and nice in some ways but in other ways it encourages you to be a shark.

So, what if it happens? What about the next expansion in three months? What about the holiday events in the future that will be scaled to be difficult for higher and higher tiered players while everyone who doesn’t participate in the gear rush every 3 months doesn’t enjoy it? (well, less, lets face it once this starts it becomes addictive for the companies).

“Once hand is in the cookie jar, no longer an honest man..
Will stick it back in very far, every single time they can.”

So, then if gw2 gets rid of the promise to not have a gear treadmill, what differentiates it from all the other mmo? Yes, no subscription fee, but other than great asura storyline writing what will get players to pay 60 dollars? Why should they bother spending money on holiday items and gem shop stuff when they have to spend all their gems on the gold to keep up with the gear creep?

Also, the few people who are placated by the gear creep will be only active until they get their new gear, leaving like seasonal locusts between every expansion for … WoW.

I guess what I am wondering is… why do you think every action made seems to be capable of distancing the community rather than bringing it together? Does this have some sort of tactical advantage for them? Am I missing something?

Is there a reason gear that has no bonus to existing but has plenty of problems with existing exists? Is there a reason this stuff is worked on before cross server guesting is?

Why no real community? Why am I logically supposed to voluntarily participate in it and help, knowing that every action toward it distances me from my goals?

Example: I help everyone find orichalcum, prices tank and go down. I have no problem with this, but its an example of how every mechanic seems to encourage sharks.
Example: If I had full ascended gear and a party with full ascended we could run 4 dungeons in the time it took a normal group to run 2.

Why bother slowing down and helping people like I have been? I am genuinely concerned for the state of the game after ANet has changed its stance on gear above the exotic quality.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Arenanet please dont do this……

I am dissapoint son.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

The lack of official ANet posts in this thread is astounding. Do we even have community managers in this game? A lack of communication while your fans spiral out of control is not good PR. Just FYI.

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

well, the same forum that QQ about the lack of stuffs to do at lvl 80 now QQ about Anet adding more stuffs to do at lvl 80. The same forum also QQ about the lack of " PROGRESSION" now QQ about Anet adding progression.

I think the introduction of the new armor type is good .This will make “I-got-exotics-already-now-i-have-no-goal-or-motivation-to-play” people stays longer.

The vast majority of us were in game playing because we liked no vertical climbs of pointlessness.

The thing is, every possible indicator shows that more people have left the game than are playing. The need people to play and buy from the cash shop, that is if you want an expansion. Progression helps them do this.

No, they need to get to a stable player base (one that agrees with their vision), and then determine how to operate within that revenue.

LoL doesn’t have more people than WoW playing it, but who cares because it freakin’ rocks all on it’s own.

I am sorry but i will have to disagree on the fact about LoL (if you was refering to League of Legends). LoL have had “steamrolled” WoW by the number of players. Heck it is even declared as the most played online game on the planet

You can disagree, but you are wrong WoW is the most played mmorpg. LoL is an mmo. If you don’t believe me ask Forbes. here is one article. It’s been said LoL has around 35 million players.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/08/22/concrete-data-shows-league-of-legends-number-one-in-live-streams-team-solomid-theoddone-most-popular-player/

here is another
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/07/11/riot-games-league-of-legends-officially-becomes-most-played-pc-game-in-the-world/

Well, thats what i was about to say. 35 millions outmatched WoW more than twice.

Strange how one typo can change the meaning of whole post. I am sorry, i corrected it. English is not my primary language anyway.

It’s a good thing LoL has vertical progression, since you guys have both proven it outperformed WoW twice over – certainly this proves… oh, wait a minute…

Well, LoL DO have some kind of progression, but it is in NO way vertical. If you ask me, mechanic of LoL is perfect, which is very well approved.

I mean, you can still rock in 5-mins-ago-created account, with this week’s rotation free Ashe, with no runes equipped if you know ganking, positioning, etc. mechanics (sure the lack of masteries will make things harder but still…) and cooperating very well with team.

AND – there is a finite limit to the power a summoner can have.
After that, it’s all skins and style.

These guys only made my argument stronger by proving me wrong. ;-)

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: Nephele.5063

Nephele.5063

True Power creep is NEEDING a certain base stat to even do something in a game. Sure, it will be way harder to wear blue grade gear at level 80 and do a dungeon or two in this game, but it can be done. That can’t be said for other games.

No it’s not. Power creep is any increase in power over time in a game. If your maxed character is better than your maxed character from 6 months ago, that’s power creep. The “you don’t need it” argument is flawed, because the same could be said of any game. Yeah, you don’t need the latest gear to beat someone else in PvP, but it sure does help. And that’s what power creep does, adds constant imbalance between players that grind the gear and ones that don’t.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

This is a perfect example for the “Patch notes should not be posted before they are actual.” thread…

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Dzoni.1082

Dzoni.1082

here is another

AND – there is a finite limit to the power a summoner can have.
After that, it’s all skins and style.

These guys only made my argument stronger by proving me wrong. ;-)

Nuh uh, i didnt said anywhere that you were wrong… well… only at LoL part

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

During the beta we had these surveys coming up after each event. Arena Net should really use this mechanic to determine what the community wants and what should be avoided.

I’m sure, a poll would have shown them that the fast majority of their players don’t like even the slightest sign of a gear treadmill.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

The lack of official ANet posts in this thread is astounding. Do we even have community managers in this game? A lack of communication while your fans spiral out of control is not good PR. Just FYI.

They probably do not have anything to say to sugar it. ArenaNet is probably extremely surprised with this reaction, since they likely believed that they could try to please everyone, by creating a feature that isn’t what anyone wanted, just an in-between opposite opinions (again).

ArenaNet should man up and just stop listening to the grinders. Instead, they are trying to catter to them by adding WoW-like features, which means making the game worse for everyone who has been behind ArenaNet’s original ideals.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I feel that even though certain game elements encourage me to help players like I try to, I am being encouraged to be a shark on every other level in order to be properly competitive. Am I wrong in that assumption? Does anyone else feel the same way?
I’d really prefer not to be an elitist, but even once every party member has ascended, we will need to grind out the gear to afford the next gear coming in three months.

Its better to get started early, with an efficient party. Correct?

To be honest, I don’t see myself becoming one of those sharks.. I just feel that every shark that does exist is pretty much going to have an edge. People do what it takes to have fun or survive or accomplish their goals. I don’t think people have an in built reasoning system that places karmatic aid above self progression. I think people will become sharks like in every other mmo and the community will be further tiered.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Probably last post I will put here with all the mindless drones “power creep, gear grinding, etc” Ask yourself this 1 question: Will NOT being able to obtain ascended gear make you UNABLE to complete ac, coe, cof, cm, hotw, ta, se, arah. any event, etc. anymore? If the answer is No, you should start to think about how much this new armor change will really affect the game.

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

This game needs gearscore so we can target and kick out people who don’t have ascended gear.

They’d just be dragging the party/guild/world down.

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

Seriously adding power creep will kitten me right off.

This is the first game i have been totally happy to create multiple alts, as they are easy enough to gear up and just swap when ever i feel like it.

so far i can play any one of my 3 lvl 80`s all different classes and mess around with looks and actually enjoy content with different classes.

Adding power creep removes any incentive to do this and causal players are generally stuck with a main char.

So do i have to grind what ever for X amount of months to gear my MAIN up, just to be told sorry we don’t want your alt in our party for this dungeon because it has not got Ascend gear.

Well stuff that.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Probably last post I will put here with all the mindless drones “power creep, gear grinding, etc” Ask yourself this 1 question: Will NOT being able to obtain ascended gear make you UNABLE to complete ac, coe, cof, cm, hotw, ta, se, arah. any event, etc. anymore? If the answer is No, you should start to think about how much this new armor change will really affect the game.

Considering it is being added with the new content in mind then I don’t see your point.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I would be fine with this, IF the cosmetic system wasn’t so royally screwed up. With this new ascended armor, now I’ll have to pay even more out the nose for the combinations of stats and looks that I want (I guess I should be happy I’ve only bought one exotic set to date). Why can we not have a sane system where we can apply any look we’ve already collected to any armor without consuming anything, instead of this draconian one where we are forced to bind looks with stats? I shouldn’t be forced to either trash a look or a 15G set of armor just because I want to get some new stats…

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Don’t care for dungeons and don’t want to do them but by looks of things I will have to run them over and over just to have the best gear to play Wv3 vs other Ascended decked players. If they make this gear unusable in Wv3, then that is ok. If not, that is the problem I have with this whole fiasco.

I have 3 full sets of gears right now and looking at this statement that Ascended gears will better means all I did was waste time, money, and gems. Now I have to spend even more to get back to competive levels. This is GW2, not that other game; whole reason why I love GW2 in the first place…not being that other game. Not so now?

(edited by fixit.7189)

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

This game needs gearscore so we can target and kick out people who don’t have ascended gear.

And then we’ll need a dps meter, and then Anet will have to give us proper trinity specs.

Posted by: krookie.6378

krookie.6378

They probably do not have anything to say to sugar it. ArenaNet is probably extremely surprised with this reaction, since they likely believed that they could try to please everyone, by creating a feature that isn’t what anyone wanted, just an in-between opposite opinions (again).

ArenaNet should man up and just stop listening to the grinders. Instead, they are trying to catter to them by adding WoW-like features, which means making the game worse for everyone who has been behind ArenaNet’s original ideals.

Good point. No game is going to appeal to everyone. ANet needs to decide what’s more important to them, appeasing the existing community that likes the current design or if they rather attract the gear grind community which may or may not go back to WoW in a month.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Good point. No game is going to appeal to everyone. ANet needs to decide what’s more important to them, appeasing the existing community that likes the current design or if they rather attract the gear grind community which may or may not go back to WoW in a month.

Posted by: Satans Chosen.1024

Satans Chosen.1024

I am fine with the new gear. I’ve never felt compelled to collect the perfect gear for PvE purposes. Although I have full exotics (ok, minus the back), I wear rares for everything other than Lupi and WvW; they are satisfactory. If the new gears give other players something to work toward, that’s great. If they somehow upset WvW, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. Hopefully we won’t have to cross that bridge.

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

And then we’ll need a dps meter, and then Anet will have to give us proper trinity specs.

Yes! Combined with the treadmill grind, we’ll have ourselves a proper MMO!

Sky.9347

I am fine with the new gear. I’ve never felt compelled to collect the perfect gear for PvE purposes. Although I have full exotics (ok, minus the back), I wear rares for everything other than Lupi and WvW; they are satisfactory. If the new gears give other players something to work toward, that’s great. If they somehow upset WvW, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. Hopefully we won’t have to cross that bridge.

Here’s the kicker though…

They will work towards it. And they will get it. And it won’t take long.

And the problem still hasn’t been solved. So what then? Well, MOAR GEERZ of course.

No one can out-WoW Blizzard Entertainment.

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

I was a hardcore raider in Warcraft for about 7 years. I’ve crafted 4 legendaries while grinding my way through 13 tiers of gear. I raided 4 to 5 nights a week for hours on end in the race for server first boss kills. The game turned into a second job for me and I got so caught up in chasing the next carrot on the stick, that I forgot what it meant to simply play the game for fun as the main incentive.

Guild Wars 2 has provided such a refreshing alternative to traditional MMO’s and I really hope the developers stick to their manifesto for years to come. They can still create tons of new content that is fun and engaging. Let that be the carrot on the stick, not the illusion of gaining more power through gear.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

YES! Screw innovation, we want the same stale games we’ve played for years.

Posted by: Elesare.5604

Elesare.5604

It really showed a lack of forethought on their part to allow these articles to release with such vague information. They are really doing themselves a lot of harm by not saying anything else. It was quite a long time ago they mentioned the blog post, and then nothing.

Posted by: SLuG.3085

SLuG.3085

For what it’s worth, I think bcbully is just here to cause drama and doesn’t actually give a kitten about this game at all, so don’t take him too seriously. If you look at his posts on mmorpg.com and compare them to the posts here, I think his main goal is to cause trouble for this game. For instance, look at some of his posts in this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369231/page/1

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It really showed a lack of forethought on their part to allow these articles to release with such vague information. They are really doing themselves a lot of harm by not saying anything else. It was quite a long time ago they mentioned the blog post, and then nothing.

Anet’s communication in general is shocking. They allow issues to fester.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Lutheran.9687

Lutheran.9687

Not sure how I am feeling about Ascended Gear. On one hand I want a goal that I can reach and is going to give me as a player something to reach for. On the other hand I don’t want to see this as gear that is going to A: Split the community by those who have and those who don’t have this gear, B: Allows only the most skilled to achieve making them super rare, and C: Allow people to just steam roll WvWvW because their gear gives them that extra something, not saying stats but that slot option makes me wonder. I’m also further wondering how another tier of gear is going to do to this game, especially if the only way to get it is via this new dungeon. I would rather it be about the epic adventure. Not some grinding of a dungeon for tokens or gear drops. I think that is the problem with many MMO’s right now. How do you give the player the epic journey without the grind or without it feeling like a grind? That is the definite problem and one I have yet to see answered.

Additionally I would also like to add that I do hope the gear is amazing looking.

(edited by Lutheran.9687)

krookie.6378

For what it’s worth, I think bcbully is just here to cause drama and doesn’t actually give a kitten about this game at all, so don’t take him too seriously. If you look at his posts on mmorpg.com and compare them to the posts here, I think his main goal is to cause trouble for this game. For instance, look at some of his posts in this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369231/page/1

Lol that’s just sad.

Sky.9347

Lol that’s just sad.

Someone said it well earlier, these players aren’t GW fans, never will be GW fans, and will drive this game into the dirt if they can.

Why, I don’t know. It’s easy to pick on those who are different, I guess.

Posted by: Lalabu.2097

Lalabu.2097

Has it been reminded that ArenaNet didn’t actually write either article? Today’s news was a sneak-peek provided by other companies…

Sky.9347

Has it been reminded that ArenaNet didn’t actually write either article? Today’s news was a sneak-peek provided by other companies…

If it was some sort of easily fixed misunderstanding, why are we on page 33 waiting for a blog post?

Elesare.5604

ArenaNet linked to the Massively article on their Facebook, so they’re endorsing it.

krookie.6378

If it was one article, I’d agree with you. But multiple articles stating the same thing?

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Well after waiting about 8 hours to a answer by arena.net, im goint to sleep ( 4:00 AM in spain ).

I wish when i wake up the blog post is already posted and that the ascend items would be forgotten in the deeps of the Mist or at least that they were only to backslot.

I would like to know if the delay with the blog post is caused by arena.net panicking about the response of the community( is obvius that this will gonna happen ) , and hope that the responsible of that “abomination/idea” could explain where he/she get the feedback about that the community want more powerful items and morph GW in a threadmile game.

Lalabu.2097

If it was some sort of easily fixed misunderstanding, why are we on page 33 waiting for a blog post?

Because ArenaNet is not to be held responsible for something they did not write. Also all this turmoil happened the same day the news was released. We might get some news before the 15th, but having to wait until the new build is actually released is reasonable too!

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

YES! Screw innovation, we want the same stale games we’ve played for years.

Oh but you are forgetting! We will need a way of checking peoples characters out on a special website so we can poke fun at their lack of skill putting their gear together and silly trait point choices! Mocking their lack of achievements and amount of pvp deaths would be a bonus! Yes we need one of those.
/NOT

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Still no official response yet

Its a shame that so many people are upset, a simple “no, these items will not be stronger than exotics” would calm the masses. I initially got the impression that Arenanet would be more communicative with the playerbase, but whenever I see the Arenanet logo on the forum, its just some manager closing the thread because the “question was answered

They already said that they would be more powerful. What more of an explanation do you need?

Look you don’t have to go for ascended gear if you don’t want to.

That is the big question.

If it affects general PvE or especially WvW – then yes, yes we do.
If not, then why didn’t they just say so in a quick one line post?

Yep. If the gear effects all stats and not just some special crap for the new harder dungeons then you are FORCED to get it to be on even footing in WvW.

Many, including myself, bought the game for WvW. And not having to worry about a gear treadmill, free to log in and do what I want to do every day (WvW), is a huge part of that.

It’s already been suggested. Best compromise is the new gear bein same stats as exotics but with the new slot. The thing that goes in new slot only effect your strength in the new dungeons.

If the gear is stronger and effects WvW and all PVE. They lied, period. There is no arguing it. And I will be sad and feel betrayed. I’ve sold this game to so many people just telling them about how awesome it is and the no treadmill is a big selling point.

I had to lol @ the guy trying to say we don’t want treadmills bc they are hard. How about you use skill to over come your opponent and content instead of relying on putting in more time and having stronger avatar stats? Who’s the one truly afraid of the challenge?

I’m sorry if you are unable to compete, in WvW no less, where you never have a 1v1 situation, then well I guess you are “forced” Even the actually your not, you could just get better.

He’s on Stormbluff Isle and says he plays the game primarily for WvW. I don’t know if you know much about WvW (which it appears you don’t) but his server is the number one ranked server in the game atm. People in the higher tiers take WvW very seriously, it’s not just a zerg fest, PvDoor or night capping, it’s a very strategic and well practised, well thought out competition at the higher tiers (there is always going to be cheese like stacking etc). Gear matters in WvW. You are wrong if you think it doesn’t.

Suggesting people from the top ranked server in the game get better at WvW (where even the skill level of pugs matters a lot) is naive at best.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

To be honest this change makes me very angry. It’s probably the first thing Anet has done to REALLY piss me off. One of the huge draws of this game for me was the LACK of a gear treadmill. I do not want a game with that. If I did, I’d be playing WoW. If it was new cosmetic gear, I wouldn’t care. Then it’s optional. But if it’s gear with better stats (even slightly) that’s not optional. And if this stuff is tied to the new dungeons it means we’re forced to do that crap for the gear (sorry, I am not a dungeon fan).

If they do this I expect an alternative means of getting this gear and these infusions that do not include dungeon running. Though I really hope they nix the whole idea.

Sky.9347

Because ArenaNet is not to be held responsible for something they did not write. Also all this turmoil happened the same day the news was released. We might get some news before the 15th, but having to wait until the new build is actually released is reasonable too!

They said in this very thread that there would be a blog post today explaining things.

Lalabu.2097

ArenaNet linked to the Massively article on their Facebook, so they’re endorsing it.

They are only letting people know that the interview was done and that there is news. Just like everyone wanted. If they were to be responsible for the wording, it would be posted on their own website, just as it will be in 3 days!

Posted by: Satans Chosen.1024

Satans Chosen.1024

There is a competitive issue with gears in PvE now? Now there is a community problem that needs to be nipped at the bud. I’ve played almost daily up until about a week ago and never ran into groups that voiced concern about gear except for a few times for Arah EM.

WvW is another matter, ironically because there is no entrance control—not elitist enough, if you will. Anything that unbalances it will add intense pressure for EVERYONE not only to have the best but to demand everyone else to have the best since you won’t want people with mediocre gear to tie up space that could go to people with top gear, and drag down your whole team.

I actually don’t mind elitist gear for controlled environments, such as Guild PvP, if the gear is extremely elitist, like even guilds with many people who played for a living cannot guarantee equipping every member (the “exteme” part is to make future streaming of Guild PvP more interesting to watch; less interesting if everyone just have the top gear; sPvP already has that balance by restricting gear for everyone). One of the qualities that make for good crafting in a MMO is the ability for master crafters to shine in a way that other players cannot hope to match. They deserve to matter, as long as it doesn’t ruin the game for everyone.

Or are the new Ascended Gears gonna be reward items? Forget my last paragraph then. I just don’t care in that case. I play PvE for challenges. Farming to equip myself grates on my nerves.

Elesare.5604

They are only letting people know that the interview was done and that there is news. Just like everyone wanted. If they were to be responsible for the wording, it would be posted on their own website, just as it will be in 3 days!

If they’re spreading around links containing misinformation, then they deserve the backlash. The fact that they’re not reinforcing it or denying it allows us to simply work off the information that was presented to us.

krookie.6378

So then why are they endorsing it if it’s wrong? You would think that if the information was wrong, ANet would be the first to correct it. But they are suspiciously quiet…

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

I like to have news, it’s great. But when I read the ‘news’ and see that a gear treadmill is being introduced in a game that the devs proudly, if not loudly claimed they would not have in their ‘Manifesto’; I get a bit upset and feel betrayed.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

This better be a misunderstanding and a bunch of fear mongerers exaggerating.

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

I would like to know if the delay with the blog post is caused by arena.net panicking about the response of the community( is obvius that this will gonna happen ) , and hope that the responsible of that “abomination/idea” could explain where he/she get the feedback about that the community want more powerful items and morph GW in a threadmile game.

they’ve actually said in the past that all their blog posts have to be done weeks/months in advance, before they are actually posted. they don’t just write and post them nilly-willy, they have fixed release schedules and everything for them. i’m pretty sure they are not going to change their planned dates just cause a few thousand of us panic.