Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

It is a premise that has no basis in fact.

Other than Arenanet stating so, that is. But other than them saying so, yes, there’s no basis. I mean, aside of them saying so.

I’ll wait while you dig up Arenanet saying exotic gear is supposed to be best in slot.

Posted by: dvs.4653

dvs.4653

I’m glad there will be more stuff to get that has a point other than looks. I never thought the exotics was the end. I’d have quit if it was i couldn’t imagine 0 new gear from here on out this is it and some cosmetic upgrades enjoy.

Posted by: krookie.6378

krookie.6378

Good job Anet,sounds like a good patch.

Sits back and enjoys his popcorn while watching all the QQ.

Seems alot of folks need a few boxes of kleenex’s

And this is for what they betrayed us.

In 6 months this forum will be just like wow`s. Full of grindkittens saying:

“im betterz than youz cuz i havez a +7 acedant lot of dmg really lot dmg much more dmg than you and that makez me betterz cause i do a lot of fractalz (or whatever they got in the future)”.

This is sad, seriusly sad, most people say this thread is QQ, and yes it is, this game was the hope and shelter for the many of us that didn`t want to see which i described above, and everything is falling appart.

But half the people here don’t relize your not forced into grind x gear.It’s not like it’s gamebreaking, how i see this as is a extra grind for those more hardcore players.If folks don’t like grinding for it THEN DON’T! It’s not like its goin to affect 99% of the old games content,Meh one can farm/grind dungeons in blue gear easy.

You need this new gear for new content. You need agony defense which will only be available through infusions, which are only available on the new gear.

This is completely opposite to how GW2 was prior to this point. Right now, you can do any dungeon or PvE content if you’re a competent player. In the new instance your skill will not be enough. You’ll need specific items to get past a certain point.

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

This sound like a stupid idea to me. Like everyone I don’t have any details yet.

But I fail to see how this is going to make me want to play this game more.

Let speculate:
1) If the Ascended gears are specified to an area or dungeons then I will have to carry these gears around. I don’t have much space as it is. Is A-net going to give me free storage space?

2) if Ascended gears is not specified to an area and affect WvW then if the gear is better then exotics then I’ll need to grind for them and created the gears grinding that I hate.

3) As above but the gear is worst then exotics then again I have to luge all these stuffs around the place or waste my valuable bank storage.

I really can’t see a plus here.

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

We had a discussion about this a few pages back in the thread. Based on NCsofts financial reports the best guess is that this is an attempt to keep revenue up after the money from boxed sales are gone.

Wasting time and resources to piss off a good deal of your customers seems like a really terrible way of making money.

What happened to cosmetic armour and other virtual things to spend our cash on?

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

A FLAT LEVELING CURVE AND NO REAL GEAR REQUIREMENT (OUTSIDE OF THIS DUNGEON) MEANS THAT THIS IS NOT A GEAR TREADMILL AND YOU SIMPLY HAVE MORE SHINIES TO COLLECT.

Again I struggle to see the issue here.

Because if this is not the first of many increases in gear power than increasing stats on this release is pointless. They could have made the new stuff have the same stats as exotic. This release fine, its the umpteen other releases doing that same thing that will almost certainly follow it that are going to be the problem.

The angst is not about what this release contains, its about what it means for the future of the game.

Ok fine, lets say they do it.

More stuff to do. More shinies to be had.

Where’s the problem?

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

A FLAT LEVELING CURVE AND NO REAL GEAR REQUIREMENT (OUTSIDE OF THIS DUNGEON) MEANS THAT THIS IS NOT A GEAR TREADMILL AND YOU SIMPLY HAVE MORE SHINIES TO COLLECT.

Because if this is not the first of many increases in gear power than increasing stats on this release is pointless. They could have made the new stuff have the same stats as exotic. This release fine, its the umpteen other releases doing that same thing that will almost certainly follow it that are going to be the problem.

The angst is not about what this release contains, its about what it means for the future of the game.

Where’s the problem?

A +5 is not a shiny.

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Good job Anet,sounds like a good patch.

Sits back and enjoys his popcorn while watching all the QQ.

Seems alot of folks need a few boxes of kleenex’s

And this is for what they betrayed us.

In 6 months this forum will be just like wow`s. Full of grindkittens saying:

“im betterz than youz cuz i havez a +7 acedant lot of dmg really lot dmg much more dmg than you and that makez me betterz cause i do a lot of fractalz (or whatever they got in the future)”.

This is sad, seriusly sad, most people say this thread is QQ, and yes it is, this game was the hope and shelter for the many of us that didn`t want to see which i described above, and everything is falling appart.

But half the people here don’t relize your not forced into grind x gear.It’s not like it’s gamebreaking, how i see this as is a extra grind for those more hardcore players.If folks don’t like grinding for it THEN DON’T! It’s not like its goin to affect 99% of the old games content,Meh one can farm/grind dungeons in blue gear easy.

You know about the snowball effect?

When you throw a snowball downhill it will become bigger and bigger, till it destroys itself against a tree or a fence beging reduced to nothing.

This update, no, this change, this new ascended mechanic is just like a little push to the snowball, and if Anet already do one little push, nothing will stop them to do another one, till the ball begin move downhill…

You know anything about sea navigation? 1 milimeter doesn`t see as much on a map, but if the navigator misses by 1 milimeter the whole ship will, at 24 hours, missing their route by 120-130 kilometers… This is why most of us is here crying, Anet is about to miss by 1 milimeter.

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

We had a discussion about this a few pages back in the thread. Based on NCsofts financial reports the best guess is that this is an attempt to keep revenue up after the money from boxed sales are gone.

Wasting time and resources to piss off a good deal of your customers seems like a really terrible way of making money.

What happened to cosmetic armour and other virtual things to spend our cash on?

Mate, you get no argument from me. The point is there must be some data backing this up, they wouldn’t be doing it if they didn’t think it was a good idea.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

If agony is only a condition in the Fractal Dungeon, then I really don´t see where the big problem is.

But I promised myself to not join the hysterious theorycraftig before we actually see the new content and have some hard facts.

Plz continue with the hilarities. I just hope the DEVs aren´t too swayed by these forum “flash-mobs” and remember to stay on course with their own game design vision.

Polish > hype

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

NO i choose gw1 due to the lack of trendmill and grind…..
If i wanted similar features i would have played one of the thousand F2P mmorpgs out there…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

piitb.7635

It generally works fine in all games.

In most MMOs you need a certain stat threshold for progression purposes.

Agony is no different than requiring your main tank in WoW have a certain amount of health, block, dodge, armor, etc…

And agony is built into the dungeon itself, meaning to get good at the dungeon, you need to run that dungeon. Unlike other games where you’re grinding gear for the next tier of content.

Posted by: Cyberman Mastermind.6012

Cyberman Mastermind.6012

I never thought the exotics was the end. I’d have quit if it was i couldn’t imagine 0 new gear from here on out this is it and some cosmetic upgrades enjoy.

That’s how GW1 worked – it seemed to have worked rather well, they could afford to make another game, after all…

So, ANet finally invented the carrot on a stick? how innovative…
PLEASE make this forum more usable. Don’t just warn AFTER the save, write somewhere
how many lines/characters are allowed.

Amulrei.4973

Where’s the problem?

The problem is the very idea of this goes back on the key principles AN preached pre-launch and was one of the main reasons many players bought the game.

If you spend months preaching the evils of gear tread-mills, rally millions of players behind you then suddenly go back on your word, it doesn’t take a genius to work out a whole bunch of your customers are suddenly going to be very angry.

Posted by: demonbooker.2749

demonbooker.2749

I don’t understand all the outcry over this ascended gear.

Like, at all.

What did we have before it?

Exotics/Legendaries

Were they on par with each other statwise?

Yes.

What are we getting now?

Ascended gear/new legendaries

Will they be on par with each other as well as existing legendaries?

Yes.

Is ascended gear simply new “exotics” and provides the playerbase with even more content to strive for and benefit from?

Yes. It does.

Is it a treadmill?

No. Aside from one special, completely optional circumstance, no amount of gear or combination of gear is required to experience content in this game aside from the obvious need to be at an appropriate level.

Why are we whining here folks?

The ceiling has been raised a bit in terms of gear. That’s it. Ascended gear could have just has easily been in the game prior to this patch so what’s the issue?

Seriously, someone explain to me why this is a problem.

Ascended gear has better stats than the exotic equivalent.

oh no i got that. lol

I put it in quotes to symbolize the fact that this gear is simply new endgame gear that a player can attain but does not need to as well.

so “new exotics.”

Hence my confusion as to why people are going bonkers. lol

The fact that they are “new exotics” is exactly why they are going bonkers. That is the defining feature of a gear treadmill. ‘Here are your new stats,’ coupled with whatever gold/gem costs might be required to give those new stats the skin you want. And, this is after A.Net reps and developers and designers have said, multiple times, that they wanted the entire game to be the endgame, and that when you got to max level everyone is the same, and skill/cosmetic choices are what define and differentiate you from other players.

Posted by: Shoros.3172

Shoros.3172

If agony is only a condition in the Fractal Dungeon, then I really don´t see where the big problem is.

But I promised myself to not join the hysterious theorycraftig before we actually see the new content and have some hard facts.

Plz continue with the hilarities. I just hope the DEVs aren´t too swayed by these forum “flash-mobs” and remember to stay on course with their own game design vision.

I agree, but they have increased the stats on ascended items as well. So not only is there a new gear level, they also force you to run a specific dungeon to farm it.

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Dear god, I just read the blog post, and up to the “New Rarity Type: Ascended”, I was thinking it would be fine, since you’d only get Infusion slots for the Agony condition and nothing else.
I could still keep my Exotics if I didn’t want to farm the new dungeon.

But then… the stats on that “Yakkington’s Ring”… really ANet?

The last hope was that it could be obtainable somewhere else, or craftable even, but no, “Players will be able to acquire Ascended Rings in the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, and Ascended items worn on the back can be acquired through special Mystic Forge recipes.”.
So it begins…

I already sent two of my Invite a Friend tickets, and I was about to send my 3rd… but after seeing this, I’m starting to regret inviting my long-time friends from all sorts of games we did (and we all quit WoW recently because we got tired of the grinding and reseting every expansion).

This new dungeon better blow my brains out and make me feel as if I’m in heaven playing, because if I ever feel, just once, “ kitten I have to log in to progress in the Fractals” I will surely quit and I’ll probably never recommend or buy anything from you guys again.

Way to go, breaking the faith your customers have on you…

Posted by: Bohun Martell.8963

Bohun Martell.8963

No. to a gear grind. Yes for a new content.

Webba.3071

Where’s the problem?

Because people, including me, do not want to be forced to play a certain amount to remain in the game. Its the reason we loved GW1 and this area where GW2 was promised to be the same is the reason we like it too. More shinies, more stuff all good. More powerful stuff, bad. Its not complicated man.

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

What fascinates me the most about all this is AN’s motivation to do this.

After spending months pre-launch preaching the evils of the gear progression system and how GW2 will not have it, something pretty radical must have changed among the developers to prompt this.

For the life of me, I cannot think of why they would go ahead with this. For a game that will live or die based on the continued support of their player base, outright lying to them and betraying their trust seems like an incredibly stupid idea.

Agreed. How can they misjudge something so badly? It is like watching someone walk into plate glass window in slow motion

I know they were desperate for staff but it looks like the scraped the bottom of the barrel here.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

LF2M Fractal, link all Ascension gear or NO INVITE

LF2M AC, link all Exotic gear or NO INVITE.

See what I did there?

So long as ArenaNet doesn’t make the dungeons impossible to do without Ascended gear, but can be done in your Greens and Blues, there is no problem.

To be speculative of the blog post, sine people are choosing to take the OMG TREADMILL path, I’m going to speculate on the Deeper through the Fractals path. What I read into this was its infinitely scaling difficulty, not the first “tier” of the dungeon. I could be wrong, but the lot whining and wailing about a gear treadmill (that already exists in the form of fine, masterwork, rare, and exotic) could be wrong as well.

The doom and gloomers in this thread are not the majority, this design choice clearly makes it out you’re not. I doubt your leaving this game will have a dramatic effect on my, or anyone who decides to stay, gameplay experience.

Umm, exotic gear isn’t REQUIRED for the current dungeon. You can complete them easily with rares and even masterwork armor. I know I have.
Any new content that is added in the future is going to REQUIRE ascended armor since it can’t be completed without the infusion buffs. His point stands and yours is invalid.

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

did not intisapate people getting Exotic gear so fast

That’d be silly of them, considering I was half exotic the moment I hit 80, thanks to crafting using my own mats. They should know their own game enough to realize how easy it was to get exotics.

One point everyone is skipping in that blog post was that we the players have gone through content extremely quickly, far more quicker than Arenanet had planned.

How to fix it? You don’t. You can’t. It’s not possible to keep up with nolifers. They will burn through any content superfast if it’s reasonable to achieve. In a week, they will have full ascended. Tops. I’d not be surprised if it’d not be 1-2 days.

And then? Then what?

Then the “problem” still exists. You’ll be here again, asking for new, better stats.

People burning through content isn’t a problem and never was. The problem is trying to cater to people that burn through content so fast. It kills MMOs that aren’t WoW, and WoW only handles it because it’s too big to fail – social ties keep people in.

And why does it kill them? BEcause it’s impossible to keep up. It ALWAYS takes longer to develope, test and push out new content. Unless all your content is really is adding “+2” to an item. That is, indeed, quick. edit: OR unless your droprate is 0,1% or lower.

It’s not actually content, though. It’s crappy game design from the early 2000s.

(edited by Zefiris.8297)

Posted by: Sladeakakevin.4162

Sladeakakevin.4162

Yay for Ascended gear, the game badly needs this.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

NO!!!!

This goes against their promise not to make this game a gear treadmill. If I wanted that I’d still play older games.

Posted by: Pessimal.8602

Pessimal.8602

No, I hate the new ascended items.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Yes.

New content and new reasons for the Grindaholics to waste time on and stay out of my way, so I can play this game for fun with like minded peeps.

Polish > hype

Posted by: krookie.6378

krookie.6378

Yes to new content.
Yes to new cosmetic gear.
No to new gear tier.
No to gated content through required infusions.

Oreoz.2573

I don’t understand all the outcry over this ascended gear.

Like, at all.

What did we have before it?

Exotics/Legendaries

Were they on par with each other statwise?

Yes.

What are we getting now?

Ascended gear/new legendaries

Will they be on par with each other as well as existing legendaries?

Yes.

Is ascended gear simply new “exotics” and provides the playerbase with even more content to strive for and benefit from?

Yes. It does.

Is it a treadmill?

No. Aside from one special, completely optional circumstance, no amount of gear or combination of gear is required to experience content in this game aside from the obvious need to be at an appropriate level.

Why are we whining here folks?

The ceiling has been raised a bit in terms of gear. That’s it. Ascended gear could have just has easily been in the game prior to this patch so what’s the issue?

Seriously, someone explain to me why this is a problem.

Ascended gear has better stats than the exotic equivalent.

oh no i got that. lol

I put it in quotes to symbolize the fact that this gear is simply new endgame gear that a player can attain but does not need to as well.

so “new exotics.”

Hence my confusion as to why people are going bonkers. lol

The fact that they are “new exotics” is exactly why they are going bonkers. That is the defining feature of a gear treadmill. ‘Here are your new stats,’ coupled with whatever gold/gem costs might be required to give those new stats the skin you want. And, this is after A.Net reps and developers and designers have said, multiple times, that they wanted the entire game to be the endgame, and that when you got to max level everyone is the same, and skill/cosmetic choices are what define and differentiate you from other players.

as far as i can tell it’s only needed for this one dungeon.

and if it extends beyond that?

Well then we have more endgame.

Which means more game.

Which means everyone will end up being as powerful as one another like we are now and style themselves differently.

Which means I still struggle to see the issue. lol

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

Bit late to say they should not be swayed by forum mobs – how do you think they got this dumb idea in the first place.

A certain group of dev in another company must be wetting themselves laughing at this.

Schoolboy error.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yes for new gear. No for that gear having greater stats. Big no for having to grind out defense against a death timer.

This sums me up pretty accurately.

I love new gear. I hate that the new gear has better stats (regardless of how negligable they are comparitively). I also hate the idea of grinding a dungeon to gear up to beat a mechanic that’s sole purpose is to suck all my time into grinding more and more gear.

Also these posts are entirely skewed because most of the people still enjoying the game are actually playing instead of whining on a forum about a new dungeon where ANET is testing out a new method of progression.

Weird. I just finished my 5th run of AC of the day (although it feels pointless now that exotics are going to be phased out as the top tier, I may as well wear greens at this point). I enjoy the game as it is. The problem with your reasoning is that this gear treadmill is supposed to be in response to people who don’t enjoy the game as it is, who need an endless grind to keep them happy. Those of us who don’t need it and are happy with the game in it’s current state are playing alts, running dungeons, enjoying being fully geared. Your argument contradicts the purpose of the new content.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Posted by: Vaash.8956

Vaash.8956

LFG fractals. Link Ascended gear or no invite. Haha familiar? I’ll probably get reported or infracted. I’m happy to have new content, I’ll still keep playing, and I’ll get ascended gear. But I can see why people are angry. Don’t make promises you can’t keep.

Vaash – Legendary Peasant Eater
Alliance of the Forgotten Seas [AFS]
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Gustav.3062

Gustav.3062

Posted by: BlackSheep.6284

BlackSheep.6284

How did the players not see this coming?

I was sure that ANet would continue to disappoint players, and here we are.

The concept with Agony was fine in GW1, because Infusion changed nothing regarding Stats etc.
But yeah, use a concept, modify it, make a super blogpost about it, throw away all principles you had before, and voíla, you get GuildWars 2 from ANet / NCSoft.

Nice going there, ANet.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

No, I don’t want to farm the ridiculous Guild Wars 2’s dungeons to make WvsWvsW.

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

Oreoz.2573

Where’s the problem?

Because people, including me, do not want to be forced to play a certain amount to remain in the game. Its the reason we loved GW1 and this area where GW2 was promised to be the same is the reason we like it too. More shinies, more stuff all good. More powerful stuff, bad. Its not complicated man.

That’s right. It’s not complicated.

YOUR’E making it complicated.

What is preventing you from remaining in the game accept the pressure you put on yourself to keep up?

Keep up with who?

See?

There’s no issue here accept that which players create for themselves.

Posted by: fantomethetaru.3416

fantomethetaru.3416

Colin Johanson, Jun. 19 2012 blog post: “We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.

Lindsey Murdock Nov. 13 2012 blog post: “In November we’ll unveil the first Ascended items. This new rarity type falls between Exotic and Legendary on the spectrum of rarity and has slightly higher stats than Exotics.”

Posted by: DUAxWolff.2759

DUAxWolff.2759

To be fair, they did state that they wanted to save the addition of a new tier of items until an expansion, but felt forced to do so because they needed some end game content.

But anet, you’re doing it wrong.

Posted by: Fate.1458

Fate.1458

Logged into the forums just to make this post.

I have mixed feelings about this update. More bad than good. I am overly excited for the new content but I am also disgusted at the idea of new “better” gear.

I bought, played and spread the game to my friends under the premise that there was no gear grinding. That once you hit 80 and got exotics you had it all and only needed to improve your skill as a player or work for new armor skins.

I’m a guildwars1 fan and I loved the mechanics from the first game. Skill based game play. I hope this doesn’t get overshadowed by the new gear that you are releasing. Once you begin releasing new and improved gear. When will it stop? Exotics should have been the absolute best gear you could have gotten. Legendary weapons for their skin.

What is the point of crafting exotic jewelry. weapons or armor if the best [anything] can be gotten from a dungeon.

Posted by: Nemi.5826

Nemi.5826

If this is the way it seems (with the lack of detailed information we have so far) I do not like this at all.

The absence of item progression past recent reaching max lvl was one major fact why I chose to play this game.

In the end item progression in other mmos was no fun an joy but work to keep up the pace…. maaaan I do this in real life… not wonna do this in gaming!

At the current state with continous content updates gw2 would have bound me for a long time… with item progression and forced dungeon grinding for best stats the game would loose me and my € for gems.

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Don’t give us “stat” progression, which leads to wow-like gear grind. A lot of us are here to run away from that. Instead, give us “aesthetics” progression with cooler looking gear.. or even tiered titles to show progression.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

You know about the snowball effect?

When you throw a snowball downhill it will become bigger and bigger, till it destroys itself against a tree or a fence beging reduced to nothing.

This update, no, this change, this new ascended mechanic is just like a little push to the snowball, and if Anet already do one little push, nothing will stop them to do another one, till the ball begin move downhill…

You know anything about sea navigation? 1 milimeter doesn`t see as much on a map, but if the navigator misses by 1 milimeter the whole ship will, at 24 hours, missing their route by 120-130 kilometers… This is why most of us is here crying, Anet is about to miss by 1 milimeter.

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

You are assuming that because they added additional gear, then they will continue to add additional gear. This is an assumption on your part, likely based around your fears.

The Ascended gear simply seems to be a higher power plateau. Which renders your analogy meaningless.
To put it in terms of snowballs… Arenanet pushed the snowball down a hill and it reached an infinite flat plateau shortly after.

Ah, the same response you gave me from earlier. Care to explain why they’re adding one set of armor with a new mechanic on it and it’s only happening this one time?

Or I guess you could just link your slippery slope argument website again.

Posted by: Khaun.4321

Khaun.4321

The anger has nothing to do with the infusion mechanic (although it is a non skill based gating mechanic which is bad.) People are upset because they have explicitly stated that there will eventually be a FULL (capitalized for the hundreds of posters who didn’t read the whole announcement) set of ascended gear which has higher stats then exotic. They have introduced a higher tier of gear that we MUST obtain if we want our characters to be the best they can. Sure you can just not get it but that’s not the point. The core concept of the gear system was that there was hard stat ceiling and you could grind out whatever set you wanted; they were all the same. Now the best set will be one specific type. UNACCEPTABLE. And now i’m going to bed because if I read one more person talk about how its only a back item and ring i’m going to smash my keyboard.

Webba.3071

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

You are assuming that because they added additional gear, then they will continue to add additional gear. This is an assumption on your part, likely based around your fears.

The Ascended gear simply seems to be a higher power plateau. Which renders your analogy meaningless.
To put it in terms of snowballs… Arenanet pushed the snowball down a hill and it reached an infinite flat plateau shortly after.

In this situation it is a rationally assumption to make. Nobody will be happier than me if it turns out to be an incorrect assumption, but until we know more it is an assumption that many people will continue to make, both people who want it and people who don’t.

Posted by: Vaash.8956

Vaash.8956

So scenario, I’m happily doing fractals in my ascended gear. A friend wants to play. So now I tell him “go grind your ascended first before you can join us” love it. Lol

Vaash – Legendary Peasant Eater
Alliance of the Forgotten Seas [AFS]
Sanctum of Rall

piitb.7635

The “farm for looks” crowd turned into the “all gear is obsolete” crowd in record timing.

Posted by: ZongHan Ho.3471

ZongHan Ho.3471

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

Again , same as for legendary , casual players must suffer for the sake of nolifers.
I hate it.

Posted by: quadi.1263

quadi.1263

Not what we were promised. “No End Game” was one of the selling points for me; this ascended gear is what we have been used to seeing as “end game” in every other game out there.

Not thrilled. PVE progression with an impact on PVP through increased stats.

Amulrei.4973

Mate, you get no argument from me. The point is there must be some data backing this up, they wouldn’t be doing it if they didn’t think it was a good idea.

AN are hardly infallible. They have many some pretty stupid decisions so far but this one would have to be a worthy contender for the worst.

That said, I would welcome their explanation about all this. I would love to know why ignoring what the customers are wanting to spend money on and instead going back on their word is better for either the game or AN’s profit margins.

Posted by: Bohun Martell.8963

Bohun Martell.8963

People who left becouse of lack of gear progression will come back.
For a 2 days. They will grind another tier and leave again.
People who are not interested in gear progression would play this game for months. And now they might leave.
I can’t see the reason in this..