Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nystal.5491

Nystal.5491

I’ve slowly been gearing myself up over the last month, still had plenty to do, was planning how to start working torwards my legendary.

Now it seems all my gearing has been a waste of time and I’m going to have to deal with PuGs getting new gear just to be competitive in WvW.

My Jewelcrafting also feels like a waste of time, money and resources.

I hope ANet look at the feedback in this thread and realize this isnt what people want. Most folk came to GW2 on the basis of the manifesto and something different from the Norm.

If I wanted another WoW clone I’d go back to The Old Republic, another game where the developers never listened to their fans.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Exotics will probably be too easy to obtain now.

Well, even if exotics will drop like rares now do, the only way you will be able to acquire ascended gear is one of the 9 mini dungeons. That is, until they decide to make ascended gear craftable, with its own set of crafting materials et al.

Problem is, it still devalues exotics, and a lot of players only bothered to replace their rare gear with it because they knew it was the best. Had they known about new gear tiers 2 months ago, a good chunk of people would still be running around in greens and golds. And now, that Arenanet have shown that they are willing to add new tiers of gear that devalue the others, you can never be sure whether the work you put into outfitting your characters wont be devalued as well down the line. Had I even known about their willingness to add new gear tiers, I would have never started crafting. Now that I and others know, I’ll minimize my progression efforts to a bare minimum until I can be reasonably sure what the new stat ceiling is going to be and whether it will stay or not.

I do not care about the progression, I just want the max stat armor to “be done with it”. It’s not a fun journey, and I don’t feel rewarded when I put on gear with better stats. If my gear is not the best it can be, I feel like I’m not ready to actually indulge into working towards things I really want to be getting, like skins, or maybe titles.
It’s the reason I level 10 levels past my last personal story step, so I can enjoy a good chunk of it in one sitting.

(edited by ASB.4295)

Posted by: DUAxWolff.2759

DUAxWolff.2759

Dude, if you want to make a serious pool, make a serious pool!
Just make a pool with yes or no! why complicate with your passionate interpretion of things like “I am going to cry and leave”?
Just make a mature pool like this:
Do you agree with the ascended gear being introduced?
1- Yes
2- No
3- No opinion

And that is all. This is the only way you can make an unbiased and valuable pool.
Good luck with it

Why would you vote if you had no opinion? and that poll give you 50% less data

(edit) Also 325+ votes and counting.

(edited by DUAxWolff.2759)

Posted by: Iterationx.1453

Iterationx.1453

NAY to power creep! Just NO.

Posted by: rubmywontons.3972

rubmywontons.3972

Anyways I’m seeing a lot of tears so I’m heading out, stop complaining about treadmills it will do NO good, they are coming deal with it, and maybe send a thank you to anet for ensuring the longevity of your game.

“Here’s a bunch of facts I made up. Okay, bye guys!”

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Everything I have stated is factual, Anet is not a democracy it’s a business, if they are making a descision this game impacting best believe it’s to make money, they clearly realize this will make people angry but overall it’s going to get them more customers, google anything I’ve said if you need facts.

The sooner you realize this the sooner you will stop making these threads.

From this thread alone; I think it’s quite apparent what the majority wants. I’ll ask: Have you seen the plethora of complaints around the web(this forum, in particular) on this new implementation?

Don’t mark this as a hostile comment, please.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

You say they’re adding a treadmill. I say no, they’re adding ONE new tier.

Let’s agree on this: They’re adding ONE new tier at a time.

A dang, that’s how a gear treadmill works. Sorry.

Posted by: Vengus.1098

Vengus.1098

My God, you folks are so kitten hilarious, complaining and complaining, Anet makes the game the way they want, enjoy it and shut the hell up or LEAVE QUIETLY because, like you used to tell us (the guys that enjoy progression instead of dressing up like barbie dolls) this is not the game for you.

Take a chill pill and go play sims or buy a doll.

It was Arenanets promise that they would never bring in gearbased progression, people have every right to be upset. There are plenty of games on the market with gearbased progression, I don’t see why GW2 has to go down the same path. All they are doing is moving GW2 in such a position that they are directly competing with WoW, and no game who has ever done that survived it. Atleast failed sub games could survive by going F2P, GW2 can’t even do that.

(edited by Vengus.1098)

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Anyways I’m seeing a lot of tears so I’m heading out, stop complaining about treadmills it will do NO good, they are coming deal with it, and maybe send a thank you to anet for ensuring the longevity of your game.

Everything I have stated is factual, Anet is not a democracy it’s a business, if they are making a descision this game impacting best believe it’s to make money, they clearly realize this will make people angry but overall it’s going to get them more customers, google anything I’ve said if you need facts.

Nothing you said is factual.

All this talk about treadmill being the only way to make MMO’s sounds like gen Y kittenry to me.

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

The reasoning given for this 180 turn from their Manifesto and what the game was advertised to be during all those years of development is just another slap in the face.

“I hope you’re as excited about the new items as I am?”
You mean, you hope I am excited you are introducing a system you claimed you will never have in GW2 that was one of the reasons I bought your game for myself and my boyfriend in the first place? If we were talking face to face, I’d ask you “Are you crazy? Or out of your mind? Are you trying to insult me? Do you realize it feels like you’re trying to scam me?”

Let me try to explain how I feel:
Imagine there’s a restaurator in your neighbourhood who says “I’d like to create a responsible restaurant, vegeratian only and a place friendly for your pets so you can always come around with your dog”. You get excited, help out during the “development period” and love it. But then after it’s open some punks come up without reading the advertisement for the restaurant (animal friendly vegetarian restaurant!) and say “It’s all cool but I’d like a 500g steak, and take those smelly muts out of here, I hate dogs!”.
At first you smile to yourself thinking someone’s in a wrong place, but then you are just flored by the restaurator saying “Okay, here’s your 500g steak while I kick out my regular patron’s dogs out of my vegetarian, pet friendly restaurant”. That’s what you’re doing, ANet.

Some players expected gear grind and vertical progression?
Well that’s too bad for them, the game was designed to not have gear grind and with vertical progression only, it was advertised far and wide and openly. Then WTK? Seriously?

Also, I will never ever understand why game companies insist on pleasing the most hardcore and grindly players. After 10+ years in the business, haven’t you yet learned that they will burn through any content you present to them with inhuman speed and then whine for more, forever? You simply can’t please them. But instead you decide to give them more vertical progression, further alienating more casual players / alters.

If you really, really need that progressing anti-Agony system in game, you could have simpyl added a new equipment slot in that a single Infusion item with various powers would go in. Or introduce mechanics that – for reasonable price, you already have enough gold sinks in game – would add an infusion slot into existing equipment. Especially the single slot would be much less obtrusive and annoying.

I personalyl dislike that anti-Agony stuff in general, makes me think of old DoA days with Lighbringer level, or the fore-mentioned Radiance in LotRO. If you realized players disliked the “LF Healer and Tank, no CC for dungeon” enough to remove holy trinity altogether, what makes you think we like the “LFM DoA minimum r9 LB”? And how is that Agony/Infusion business any different?

I’m watching your latest moves and since around April I can’t help but wonder something changed. You’re letting go of all the amazing principles that made me buy this game, one by one.
-amazing, extensive dye system account bound? BAM, character bound
-non-grindy dungeons, “one run per piece because we wan it to stay fun”? BAM, dozens of runs
-no gear grind and horizontal progression? BAM… Ascended items and Infusion

I HATE what you did here. I really do. And no amount of smooth-talking in the world will make it less insulting.

Edit: I’ve bought two digital editions for myself and my bf, and 3 additional slots to have a class each on my account.
I would just like to remind you dear ANet that false advertising is illegal and taken strongly in EU. And – what you probably realize – your EULA is void and non-binding in EU as well, as it’s against EU laws.
At this stage, I am considering myself a victim of false advertising, maybe scamming even. And again, I hate it, more so that it comes from you, ANet. A company that I believed to be crystal-clear back in GW1 days.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

(edited by cherrie.8907)

Posted by: Jap Jum.3962

Jap Jum.3962

i realy dont like to cry out against mechanics before i’v actualy seen them in game, but this time i do feel the need. i’v played gw 1 for ages because it was just easy to get the max gear, and the gear you got before there were any expansions was still good even after the last one. this was one of the main reasons gw was so easy to get back to, you didnt have to grind out new gear to play the highest level stuff.
a lot of people argue that this increase in stats is only minor, but that’s not the point, it is an increase none the less. i do hope anet realises this and stops it before its too late. there are plenty of other mmo’s that i could play if i wanted gear progression, but if it is added to guildwars i dont think we have anywhere to go to get away from it.

as for the infusion, i have my doubts but i will not condemn it before i’v seen it, though i fear for dungeon groups having infusion requirements because they only want the best.

as for the other updates, a new dungeon this soon, this is awesome. though i do hope this doesnt change the dungeon master title, im sooooo close.

Posted by: Agrik.7465

Agrik.7465

No, I hate the new Ascended Items.

Posted by: viewtiful.2169

viewtiful.2169

Posted by: Pawlegance.7012

Pawlegance.7012

After reading the blog post from Murdock I decided to burn the bridges leading to GW2. I have accepted all the smaller promises being broken, because the designed systems still work together quite well. Looking at the comparison image of the two rings, which plainly says gear treadmill is coming soon, I was first shocked and then disappoint. There was so much I loved in GW2 coming from GW1 and so much was still in place or reminding me of the sequel in a good way. With the new update GW2 will become a generic MMO with no selling point that is still true to what the devs said a while ago.

This post will probably get deleted soon and my account infracted again. I am sorry for not contributing to this discussion, but I am sad now.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Nothing you said is factual.

All this talk about treadmill being the only way to make MMO’s sounds like gen Y kittenry to me.

Except that barely anything any of the complainers have said has been factual either. Just speculation blown way out of proportion.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

My God, you folks are so kitten hilarious, complaining and complaining, Anet makes the game the way they want, enjoy it and shut the hell up or LEAVE QUIETLY because, like you used to tell us (the guys that enjoy progression instead of dressing up like barbie dolls) this is not the game for you.

well, the big difference is that anet repeated over and over there would be no such thing in GW2 so yes, if you were not satisfied with the no grind-approach (lip service kinda as it was), you were rightly told you should have known better, find another game if you don´t like it. Now anet pretty fast corrupted the core premise they started out with and so yes, people rightly get freaked out about it. If you cannot see the difference, well…

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

No.

It feels like a dentist appointment wrapped in chocolate paper.

Posted by: Hrafn.7638

Hrafn.7638

blablabal more blababal

The thing that people like you dont understand is that reality isnt some kind of fixed version of your dreamworld, it changes. (also called “Adaptation”)The manifesto was a guidline and not some kind of 10 Commandments. They saw that their approach didnt went so well, e.g. people left/complained a lot about having nothing to do and so they changed their approach.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Yes! I love to grind for rings for days just to get 10+ precision!!! And not be able to put in my +50 Precision upgrade!

No, realy I am looking forward to the whole thing and I couln’t care less for the ascended crap, but it would have been better if AN made ascended armor type just like in GW1 where they just got ascended, no stat change no cosmetic change just ascention.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

Wow! Ruining this game just 3 months after release?! Awesome! At least I’ll have an excuse to break my addiction to this game. If I wanted to play WoW I would be playing WoW not GW2, unbelievable.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I think you’ve got the right perspective. No where did Anet ever say exotics were intended to be the final tier of equipment. Especially considering all of this has likely been in the works for months, if not before the game was even released.

Shouldn’t legendaries denote the final tier?

Legendaries will be made to match ascended when they give us access to ascended weapons.

I know that. You seem to have missed my point.

Legendaries have been shown to indicate a ‘final tier’. The fact that they were equal to exotics gives the impression that exotics are ‘final tier’.

(I think) You are correct in saying they never said it. However if this was planned for months then legendaries should have simply started off equal to ascended.

Since they started off as exotic quality it strongly gave the impression to most players that exotic was indeed the final tier.

Well, that and the fact that GW1 max armor stayed final tier ever since it’s launch and well they did promise they were keeping everything we loved about GW1.

If they started off as a tier above what was/is currently available in the game that would give people the impression that the game is all about vertical gear progression.

The way they are doing it everything stays the same, except for now the best armor to get has pink letters instead or orange letters.

It’s also extremely likely that we will be able to craft ascended tier armors because if we can’t that would make crafting professions completely pointless outside of using them for legendaries.

People are just completely blowing things out of proportion and over reacting when we only see one small piece of the puzzle.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Wagnard.4027

Wagnard.4027

No, I hate the new ascended items.

LOL for making the same mistake of other MMOs with gated content. And first I thought this was a PvP game /facepalm… Now it just another Theme Park Grind Fest…

(edited by Wagnard.4027)

Posted by: quadzor.6435

quadzor.6435

Yes, I love the new ascended items

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

Uh, my post was deleted in a second….

Ok now more refering to topic. I am very sad about implementing this item creep, because the only reason to buy the game for me was, that there was no itemhunting at all. What means that for me now:

R.I.P. GW2 and hail to WoW2 – thats what it feels to me !!

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

That’s why I’ve asked the mod to move the thread

Algreg.3629

Seriously, I am usually not strictly “anti-grind”, but the game is out barely 3 months and allready you have to prepare upgrading your max gear – seriously? Especially with all the premises and promises to do things differently?

Posted by: Piola.3782

Piola.3782

Is it a Farmfest Patch? I’ve heard GW2 was a NON EQUIP BASED GAME.. Now? What?!?! Why?!? How to ruin a game GJ devs…

[OSC] Nefed SFR Thief
[OSC] Roipnol SFR Mezmer
MesmerVideos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Piolair

Posted by: Gabi.5264

Gabi.5264

It was Arenanets promise that they would bring in gearbased progression, people have every right to be upset. There are plenty of games on the market with gearbased progression, I don’t see why GW2 has to go down the same path. All they are doing is moving GW2 in such a position that they are directly competing with WoW, and no game who has ever done that survived it. Atleast failed sub games could survive by going F2P, GW2 can’t even do that.

You are the one who’s wrong.

GW1 had a pretty small player base compared to other mmos out there.
Changes are always welcomed … or the game gets boring, truth is game was lacking a lot and Anet made a great move, introducing new things, while you folks overreact like you’re in a marriage and a baby is about to come. Get this mate, this baby might be a beautiful thing. If you don’t want a baby feel free to get a divorce…. see what i did there?

Edit: you edited your post.

Posted by: Toivoton.9158

Toivoton.9158

The thing that I’m the most pissed at is that it would have been really simple to make this awesome.

Ascended: Stats the same as exotic. Infusion slot instead of a gem slot. Infusions give effects, not stats. Like “Deal moderate damage to nearby foes when you reach 50% hp”, “20% faster elite skill recharge” or “Burst skill deals 20% more damage. Warrior only.” All would be unique so that you couldn’t stack for example stupid elite skill recharge or deal humonkittenage when you reach 50% hp.

I would be ok if in practice those effects usually were better then the stat boost you traded them for, but this “like your old stuff, but better”-thingy is kitten.

At least they need to downscale the stats for world PVE and old dungeons (so that your stats are scaled to exotic 80 gear in the lvl 80 dungeons and so on).

Posted by: KingLz.1407

KingLz.1407

I don’t get why people are so upset about this:

1. For world PvE do you need max stat gear? Probably not.
2. For explorable mode dungeons do you need max stat gear to beat them? Probably not.
3. Can you look at the gear other people are wearing except the look? No, you can’t.

In the current game I don’t even see the need for all of my characters that reached level 80 to get exotics anyway.

If there any content yet that is not beatable in ordinary blue or green equipment if you have the right skills?

Just wondering….

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

I started playing GW withe expectation that once I got my exotic gear I’m ready for WvW.
I finally got my gear.
Now Anet tells me, that I have to grind again in order to play WvW competitively.

I feel punched into my face.

If this continues I’m out…

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

Posted by: TTGP.8517

TTGP.8517

i´m very disappointed. i thought this is the game that caters to my playstyle, that lets me finish a character for once so i can concentrate on alts. they broke their promise with this, which was a major selling point for me. and to those thinking that after ascendent wont come another tier, dream on. once they started this, they will need to continue for the players enjoying gear grind.

Posted by: B A V A.1076

B A V A.1076

No, I’m not excited. New skins yes, superior stats no thanks.

Posted by: safo.2954

safo.2954

Anet what are you doing?

gj doing what WoW did in Molten Core raid, 6 years ago. Everyone hated it and they scrapped it, yet you bring it to your own original MMO.

broken promises, gg.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Yeah, the blog post sucks. But at least it safes me some money, now I most definitively won’t spend cash on Gems or any expansions.

Currently the game is still fun, but that doesn’t change the fact that they broke a promise. Even a 4% gear treadmill is a gear treadmill and not acceptable at all.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

What’s even worse, with less than a week to go, even with all of the negative responses about this new tier of gear, I doubt ArenaNet are able to stop these changes going live with the event. They’ve probably balanced the content with the new gear in mind.
This is truly hateful behaviour.

Look, gear raiders are the loudest, most vocal component of any MMO’s community. But what you are failing to realise here is that they are by far and away a tiny, tiny minority.
Pleasing them gets you very little in return ArenaNet, and probably drives away more customers than it gains you. The vast majority of players don’t have the time to dedicate to grinding out new gear every three months. So they’ll probably begin feeling like they can’t keep up, that content is restricted access with them receiving no invite, so they’ll just stop playing.
BAM, you just lost a bunch of potential Gemstore customers.

I can’t believe we’re having to tell you this. We thought you knew it already. That’s why a lot of us are playing the darned game.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: goldenhornet.1205

goldenhornet.1205

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/1043-update-2-radiance-removal-developer-diary

A new stat for gating content, no thanks. It’s already a failed idea.

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

No, I hate it, that I would have to play for hours something that I maybe didn’t like so that I’m strong enough to play the next thing that I maybe also don’t like.

We don’t want any gear progression. We just want to play.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I started playing GW withe expectation that once I got my exotic gear I’m ready for WvW.
I finally got my gear.
Now Anet tells me, that I have to grind again in order to play WvW competitively.

I feel punched into my face.

If this continues I’m out…

Where does this say? Have you seen the stats the upgrades for the rings, where do you notice that the Ascended rings and the infusion makes them “better” that an exotic ring with upgrades? What the infusion slot is supposed to do is to protect you from the “new” condition that will be introduced but it does not say that this condition will be in WvW.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Eddie Van Grog.7095

Eddie Van Grog.7095

I have an opinion! I am against it (as I think the majority is). And I tried to vote reflecting that… I would have appreciated to have an option saying “No!”.

I am just giving you an advise. The pool sounds too “impulsive” and passional!
The pool shouldn’t show what you think… This is no pool, it is suggestive pool!

I think that having a pool with the options I gave you would be much more useful and rational/mature!
And that’s that…

Posted by: Irrodesia.3907

Irrodesia.3907

I doubt I really have anything to add, but on the other hand I wanted to add my voice to the “gear progression is a serious punch in the gut” side of things. I played guild wars one, and I was happy with my max gear. I ran Domain of Anguish, and it was hard because I wasn’t very good at it yet, not because my gear sucked. And I beat it because my team figured out all it’s tricks and improved their skills, not because we got better loot. I’m hardly going to scream about refunds and quitting the game, but I’m kind of…hurt. I’m disappointed.

Exactly. We don’t need higher stat gear to enjoy challenging content!

There is more to the gaming world than the way the basic World of Warcraft-esque backbone structure. I myself am perfectly okay with new content that expands our world and I’m sure others are as well.

As many people have stated, ArenaNet is going back on it’s promise to us it seems. I can’t stress this enough to those of you who continue to bash people who are against this new content…

Gear grinding and dungeon grinding is not what Guild Wars 2 is about

If that is what you wanted, then there are games that offer that. But as I’ve stated before my previous post(s), respect this game and the way it was meant to be. I highly doubt in the three-ish months that this game has been out everyone has experienced every single thing this game has to offer. Furthermore because this game is still new there is still so much it has to offer.

Guild Wars 2 is meant to break away from traditions, not follow the basic blue print of every other MMO out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

Quote from Mike O’Brien:

Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games – we leave the grind to other MMOs.

Both have been posted before, but it doesn’t seem to be sinking in for some.

(edited by Irrodesia.3907)

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

People are not upset because of the new rings and backpacks with measly 2 increased stats.

People are upset because the blog post says “its just the beginning”, “more gear grind to come in the future!”

They are adressing an audience that no longer exists, at the beginning people wondered why there was no gear grind after exotics, but the last month was very quiet as people understood this game is not about gear but about adventure and skill. Now they are introducing a new tier 2 months after release.. its just a mess in my opinion.

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

blablabal more blababal

The thing that people like you dont understand is that reality isnt some kind of fixed version of your dreamworld, it changes. (also called “Adaptation”)The manifesto was a guidline and not some kind of 10 Commandments. They saw that their approach didnt went so well, e.g. people left/complained a lot about having nothing to do and so they changed their approach.

How was it not doing well? Millions sold, already turned a profit, and many people spent as much, if not more, than they would by playing a sub game. Hell, the cosmetic types probably spent a couple $100 already.

Algreg.3629

It was Arenanets promise that they would bring in gearbased progression, people have every right to be upset. There are plenty of games on the market with gearbased progression, I don’t see why GW2 has to go down the same path. All they are doing is moving GW2 in such a position that they are directly competing with WoW, and no game who has ever done that survived it. Atleast failed sub games could survive by going F2P, GW2 can’t even do that.

You are the one who’s wrong.

GW1 had a pretty small player base compared to other mmos out there.
Changes are always welcomed … or the game gets boring, truth is game was lacking a lot and Anet made a great move, introducing new things, while you folks overreact like you’re in a marriage and a baby is about to come. Get this mate, this baby might be a beautiful thing. If you don’t want a baby feel free to get a divorce…. see what i did there?

Edit: you edited your post.

To pick up your allegory: no, it is marriage where one of the partners told the other one he/she was sterile and the other one never liked kids anyway so he/she was entering the marriage on the premise there would never be kids.

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

I don’t get why people are so upset about this:

1. For world PvE do you need max stat gear? Probably not.
2. For explorable mode dungeons do you need max stat gear to beat them? Probably not.
3. Can you look at the gear other people are wearing except the look? No, you can’t.

In the current game I don’t even see the need for all of my characters that reached level 80 to get exotics anyway.

If there any content yet that is not beatable in ordinary blue or green equipment if you have the right skills?

Just wondering….

Sounds like this dungeon will be have a huge focus on your gear. Don’t have your ascended gear and infusions yet? Too bad the new agony condition will just stop you dead.

To #3 though, whats going to stop groups from eventually requiring that you chat link all the gear you’re wearing?

I’m honestly shocked they’ve made such a poor decision. I really miss GW1 now. Kind of wish for some new GW1 Beyond content since I don’t have to worry about my gear in that game.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Oh nooooo, I wont be able to progress to the deepest parts of the optional dungeon without the new armor which is only useful for this dungeon…. This game sucks omg you are tearing me apart Anet.

Its like all logic goes out the window when people come onto these forums.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

Stat only to be used on DEEPEST levels of the new ‘infinite’ dungeon.
People exaggerates this new stat so much…

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Thanks for bringing that post up.
I myself am a past LotRO player and I never hated any mechanics in there as much as Radiance and never welcomed anything with as much happiness as it’s removal.

I would very much love ANet devs, each of them, to read that developer diary so they can truly learn from their collagues’ experiences.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

“The new additions in November are just the start of our item progression initiative.”

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Dude, if you want to make a serious pool, make a serious pool!
Just make a pool with yes or no! why complicate with your passionate interpretion of things like “I am going to cry and leave”?
Just make a mature pool like this:
Do you agree with the ascended gear being introduced?
1- Yes
2- No
3- No opinion

And that is all. This is the only way you can make an unbiased and valuable pool.
Good luck with it

Why would you vote if you had no opinion? and that poll give you 50% less data

(edit) Also 325+ votes and counting.

No one should have anything but a very basic opinion on it for the simple fact that we don’t know how it’s going to work yet.

All people are going on is fear and assumptions.

Posted by: Spryt.8012

Spryt.8012

After reading blog I must say I am very disappointed with this. No gear grind was one of the big selling points of GW2.

Also infusions sounds very much like the start to the typical resist gear or “crit mit” (EQ2) type stat that usually pops up in gear treadmill games after a few expansions when DPS/Healing/Mitigation stats are out of control. Seeing something like this in GW2 just a few months after launch is absolutely awful.