Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

yep and this new changes will make me want to play the game again because i already feel bored after i had acquired all the exotic weapons and armors i want and i do not want to farm Plinx on Orr like the Risens for some useless “legendary skin.”

I would point out that gear “progression” is just as cosmetic as the “legendary skins” you farm but going by your posts on the matter, you seem too conditioned already to see why.

so you are ok with people farming 2 same event on Orr again and again like a zombie just for legendary skin but not ok with people grinding dungeon if they want some useful, practical stats progression..

lol hypocrite

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Posted by: Arq.8026

Arq.8026

The prime stat on the shows rings were MF guys , %3 mf increase worth more or less like 40-50 of any other stat, or %3 crit dmg . So the stat diference is not so low at all.

1 amulet 2 rings and 2 earings and a backpiece thats in total +%18 more Crit Dmg then wearin all exotics, and thats only the jewelery.

Atm Max you can get from Jewelery is %33 crit dmg, so basicly you are increasing your crit dmg about %64

how is that for a stat increase

(edited by Arq.8026)

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

This Guild Wars 2 community makes me sick. Look at how you are all acting! Your behaving like pathetic spoilt children.

They have NOT broken any promises introducing Ascended gear, this is not a “gear treadmill” and it is not even a grind!

They are introducing TWO new items with this patch, a ring and a backpiece, the majority of you complainers will easily get those items within hours of the dungeon opening and you can all go back to your simple boring lifes until they introduce two more Ascended items a few months from now.

Its TWO items, only two, there is no grind there, stop pretending there is.

Ascended items are here to create the illusion of charector progression, it is gated on purpose so the very large amount of players who do enjoy a more stat increases progression with there hero will be encouraged to keep playing for a longer period of time.

Also, this is where the stat increase ends, if you payed attention to the blog you would noticed that this increase is a once off, yes they did say they would add more Ascended items but there stats what get any bigger than that.

I honestly hope all you complainers stop, take a deep breath, and think for a second instead of raging on the forums.

These changes are now inevitable, it is only TWO items to start with, that wont kill anyone, this wont be the end of the game. Life will continue i promise.

It’s not a grind now, but it will be in the future. Look at the blogpost. This is just the beginning.

“This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content. "

“As we release more new end game content in the future, you’ll see more Infusions and Ascended item types being added to the game. Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content.”

They completly crushed their old item philosophy. It’s the beginning, the start of a treat mill and they start the hard way of making GW2 a random MMO waste.

Yeah… so you should really re-read what you quote before you post it next time because you just made yourself look stupid and provided evidence to support me.

Posted by: kellian.9712

kellian.9712

Well, I’m another old LotRO player (cheers to others!). I remember the “radiance” fail and can’t get rid of the feeling, it is very similar with the new “Infusion”.

Starting my GW2 adventure, I hoped to:

1. Never be forced to farm a specific gear to be able to do any content.
2. Never see another “gating mechanism” to make illusion of progress.
3. Never be in the grind mill of “new, better gear” each update… What’s next? Clestial, angelic, uberpower tier?
4. Never hear the same old chat:
“Hey mate, you wanna do the dung, its cool”
“Sure, why not”
“And what’s your Infusion?”
“40 only”
“Owww, go kill some centaurs noob, we take 200+ only”

It worked till now, but I’m really worried about the new concept of Infusion gating…

As someone who played Lotro as well from the beginning, I remember, and not with great fondness, the radiance gear disaster. After reading the blog post this sounds eerily similar to what Lotro was trying to accomplish with radiance gear.

This sounds like it’s going to turn into a gear check in order to get a group for certain content which is what i heard Anet was against, and why I decided to try out GW2 in the first place. Is this a philosophy change by Anet going forward with this and future content? If so they have just changed from a game that was different in that regard to one that is just like every other MMO in that regard. Interesting to see if this is a permanent philosophy change on how they are going to handle the game going forward

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Yes for new content and new things to be added.

Don’t really sure about gear progression but still like it so YES

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

and how this affect you?

10 more dmg make you more PRO?
0.00001% more crit chance make you more PRO?
getting 4% MF in WvW make you more PRO?
not able to add runes, orbs or sigils to these items make you more PRO?

LFM Fractal ppl w/o Ascend need not apply

That’s how it’s going to affect people.

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

nope

i wanted to hunt for a better colloection of the 3 stats on gear not larger numbers.
Add more stat combinations idiots

Posted by: bamono.7098

bamono.7098

Cool. So this is mostly fear based on speculation that the gear people worked for will quickly become obsolete. Understandable. They haven’t really said that though…so I don’t need to worry about this becoming wow. I hate that game. I hate most MMOs. lol. So I was worried with the sky is falling-ness of all this. I shall carry on. ;D

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

It is a good thing then that Ascended items are in no way shape or form and in anyway even remotely close to a “gear treamill”.

Its also a good thing that Arenanet hates “gear treadmills” as much as we do and has not and will not introduce such a system.

Sure. New gear with better stats that’s needed to complete new content, that’s nothing like a gear treadmill, right?

The prospect of upcoming content bringing ever more new, better stat gear with it is no gear treadmill, right?

Please tell me, what’s a gear treadmill, then?

Posted by: Mylo.1247

Mylo.1247

I hate ascended items. Do NOT force WvW players into dungeons!

Only way i could accept that, if WvW players and crafters can get the same items through playing WvW or crafting…

I do not want to be forced to go into dungeons.

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

I’m playing 90% of the time WvsWvsW and 10% spvp in Guild Wars 2. If the new gear is better then the exotics gear and i will be forced to go zo dungeons to stay competive in wvswvsw i will just quit this game. This is so unbelievable stupid. Make it buyable with karma/badges/gold or not usable in wvswvsw or you will loose many pvp players.

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

Posted by: Ray.6149

Ray.6149

Very disappointing choice from ArenaNet.
They sold their game filosophy to grind-addicted whiners.

Cavalieri Del Destino [CDD] – Piken Square
www.cavalierideldestino.com

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

This is just the beginning of the BIG cave by ANet, the whole point of the game is to allow all players to interact with each other without barriers.

That’s why we don’t have a trinity, that’s why we have open world massive encounter, that’s why there are no factions…… NO BARRIERS

How long do you think it’s going to take to hear “No sorry you can’t group with us if you’re not in Ascended gear”

For me it goes against the very core of what GW2 was marketed as and it’s a big letdown.

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

People are really so paranoid here. 56 pages.
Don’t worry too much. -_-

- PLEASE Read This -

They still live by their philosophy. Why can’t you guys see that?
More importantly, what are you guys afraid of?

GW2: Ascended gears are just another tier. It’s not a requirement to have it to experience any future new content X/Y/Z. You can have fun with all in-game content and dungeons with any tier equipments. You don’t need to grind to experience content X/Y/Z.

Traditional MMO: Better gears are needed to experience new contents, story in PVE and raids. Those gears are a mandatory requirement to reap the fun of the the new content X/Y/Z. Players are forced to grind just to experience newer content.

They are so different.
Yet, it ponders me why can’t people see it.

You dont get it do you, current ascendent gear will last for how long ? 3 months? year?

Then they introduce even more poverful ascendent gear so its start again. THis is not their philosophy..

Guild Wars philosophy = you obtained best gear (aka exotic) and there will never ever better gear. stat wise. Even after 7years the armor you equiped at release, was the best.

Every player was equal, WvW vs PvE players, those who dont likes dungeons had the same gear in wvw like those who runs dungeon only.
After this update, those who run dungeons and have ascendent gear, they will have advantage over those who dont, in wvw .. .DO YOU GET IT?

I don’t think that you get it… That is boring to most people hence the change.

This is Guild Wars 2 not Guild Wars 1. Things change. Either you adapt or you quit. (Or go back to Guild Wars 1.)
Sorry to see ya go, but don’t let the door hit ya in the buttocks!

Yet according to a poll only 20% actually like this change. 80% dislike it and over 50% will leave over it. How is this the change needed when they will lose half there player base to a change like this?

What poll? Please link.

If it’s a poll from the Guild Wars 2 forums, then it’s not a very accurate poll since only 5-10% of the player base doesn’t even visit the forums.

Man this feels like the elections again!
Fox has a poll showing Mitt in the lead, but then you change it to NBC and it shows Obama in the lead!

LOL

Its a fairly realistic poll. A lot of people have come here because friends pointed them to it and they needed to check it out them selfs. Your type that wants gear progression on every poll i’ve ever seen never even get to 25%. Not a single one and i’ve seen hundreds of them.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

MMO needs progression. If not, it’ll die as a limited game with no growth.

GW1 had ZERO gear progression and it’s still going on after 7 years. Your argument is invalid.

If gear progression is the only thing anet can do to keep people playing, then this game deserves to die.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

You guys should PROBABLY see how it’s implemented before declaring that the sky is falling.

In addition, what if this new tier was the max armor for the rest of GW2’s lifespan? Please stop extrapolating that because we get new content 3 months from launch that there is now a gear treadmill.

Wait and look at implementation…then discuss. This premature rage bullkitten is stupid now.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Kenney.2863

Kenney.2863

Then obviously you don’t get the gear…simple.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Cool. So this is mostly fear based on speculation that the gear people worked for will quickly become obsolete. Understandable. They haven’t really said that though…so I don’t need to worry about this becoming wow. I hate that game. I hate most MMOs. lol. So I was worried with the sky is falling-ness of all this. I shall carry on. ;D

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to forum hysteria. People are always freaking out and raging about something.

Best thing is to just wait and see the patch and judge it for yourself

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

So let me quickly recap.

Everybody is basically flipping out about stats of one ring.

This new Ascendant gear will have slightly better stats. But the upgrade slot can only fit these new Infusion thingies, that are soley useful in the new dungeon.

ARE YOU ALL GOING BONKERS ? ! ?

Polish > hype

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

No, for even slight gear progression!

Yes, for the new content!

^^
You nailed it

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

The prime stat on the shows rings were MF guys , %3 mf increase worth more or less like 40-50 of any other stat. So the stat diference is not so low at all

Why is MF worth 40 – 50 of any other stat? I dont use MF at all and never have beside guild bonuses.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

Yeah. That is the reason, why Guild Wars 1 died and they never made Guild War 2.

I mean no progression, people played it for 7 years. That is a dead game.

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

You’re assuming that only a select few players will have access to this 5% increase because you’re assuming the gear can only be acquired inside a dungeon. It’s the old ‘PvE affecting PvP’ complaint, only it’s completely broken as the gear will be readily available to anyone. 5% across the board for all players is the same as 0%.

If the gear was gem purchasable only then you’d have a point, or if it was only available inside the dungeon. But it won’t be.

Nothing on blogpost is saying that it could be craftet buy profession or get in other way then doing dungeon. If they wanted this type of feature they would tell us about it because it would reduce kittentorm a lot.

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

This is a once off thing to keep a overwhelming majority of players happy.

Overwhelming majority? I suggest you read this thread again, for a reality check…

I knew someone would be stupid enough to say this…

These forums are what, like 1% of the Guild Wars 2 community. People who have to complain do so very loudly, while those who are happy rarely say a thing.

Also, i highly suspect that once Arenanet explains the system to you uneducated fools the majority of people complaining now will grow to like it too.

Insulting me and the other people disagreeing with you won’t make you more right, it will only make you look like a rude person which isn’t interesting to discuss with.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Posted by: Luxiom.8279

Luxiom.8279

I voted no!

Posted on my guild forums:

Hi all, and sorry, I just need to rant.

The one major selling point of Guild Wars 1 that Anet was so proud of that they continually used and praised as the main selling point for GW2 was a static gear plateau, aka “no gear treadmill”, aka “no power creep”.

I can’t for the life of me understand why Anet is caving in on this question. There whole philosophy is based around this principle.

First of, fans of the original game did not to my knowledge complain as much about lack of end-game as fans of other MMOs like WoW, Rift SWTOR. More importantly, they always shyed away from gear progression as end-game.

So it is two different parts of the player-base crying about two different things. This is important to understand I think. Of course both sides are entitled to their opinion, but in my opinion there is a many more games offering gear progression as end-game and therefore I really wish that that Anet kept GW2 as the game that catered to a different audience.

I know we don’t have all information yet, and that the only screenshot we have seen the stat increase from Exotic to Ascended is rather small. But that doesn’t matter!

Anet and guild wars is (where maybe :/ ) the only MMORPG triple-A franchise that offered a game without the classic vertically progressive never-ending gear upgrading.

I know they kind of failed in offering enough horizontal progression, but turning your core ideas on their head is NOT the solution.

I’m sad.

P.S. just for the record, specific endless dungeon gear progression trought the Ascendeed buff could be ok, if it is kept separate from WvW and normal PvE, with the information presented by Anet, this isn’t the case currently…

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

They are adding 200 crafting recipes btw….

The more you know…………

Posted by: Bhelliom.5324

Bhelliom.5324

This is a once off thing to keep a overwhelming majority of players happy.

Overwhelming majority? I suggest you read this thread again, for a reality check…

I knew someone would be stupid enough to say this…

These forums are what, like 1% of the Guild Wars 2 community. People who have to complain do so very loudly, while those who are happy rarely say a thing.

Also, i highly suspect that once Arenanet explains the system to you uneducated fools the majority of people complaining now will grow to like it too.

Well mate going by your philosophy how can anet make a proper estimation on how many people want it ? If only 1% of the gw2 comunity uses the forums… your logic is flawed you spaz

Posted by: Helluin Estel.8495

Helluin Estel.8495

As feared by most, this is not about just dungeons but also WvWvW and open Pve.
Infusion will work in dungeons but stats increased will work everywhere.
Tiny stats in WvWvW? Maybe in 1vs1 you won’t see a lot the difference but you will see it in an Ascended geared group vs a not Ascended geared group.

No matter +1 or +10, since this changement is completely against what advertised and what explained in GW2 Manifesto, a player has two options:

1) accept the changement in the game and play accordingly (skip or farm new gear, pay attention to waste real money or golds to buy gems to get your fine transmutation stones for example). From what written here https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/ , it’s changement that can evolve in a trend, so beware.

2) do not accept this changement because of a misleading advertisement, quit the game and contact Arenanet support for a refund.
If you don’t receive any answer, contact the customer service of your credit card and they will gladly help you for a refund. If the operation is already billed/processed by your bank/credit institute, you can directly contact them.
I don’t know in USA or other countries but in EU the protection of consumers’ interests is really safeguarded in case of misleading or fraudulent advertisement.

Instead of speculate or whine (even if you have all the rights, considering the matter), decide between the two options and act accordingly.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

So let me quickly recap.

Everybody is basically flipping out about stats of one ring.

This new Ascendant gear will have slightly better stats. But the upgrade slot can only fit these new Infusion thingies, that are soley useful in the new dungeon.

ARE YOU ALL GOING BONKERS ? ! ?

Except that Ascendant gear has the “normal” upgrades already built in, so even outside the new dungeon it will be better than Exotics.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Haya jii san.1978

Haya jii san.1978

Stop whining.. seriously!

I want a refund on the exotic gear I bought at the trading post. When I bought it I was promised it was the best gear available. Now it isn’t anymore.

BUMP !

Same goes for Karma Sets, Same goes for Invaders set !!!

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

OMG PPL
its not better buy “3 precision”. Its better buy 8%. Its a lot.
Second if they intruduce ascended armors = armors get more defense. New weapons = more weapon damage. Better stats are making those difference even higher.

Its like rare vs exotic. Only a moron can tell that there is no difference at all.

Currently players are able to complete ALL content in the game without using Exotics. Exotics just make life slightly easier. This is not the definition of a requirement, it is the definition of player choice. This will be the same.

edit: regards to outside the dungeon that is. Inside of the dungeon, stats will be meaningless as we’re all going to be in different gear anyway, just with 1 or 2 items the same, at the start.

Read the blog post: You won’t be able to clear the new dungeon unless you have Ascended Gear.

In addition: No mechanic needs better gear, everything you can think of can be done with exotics, we don’t need higher stats to make new mechanics work. Higher stats only allow higher numbers, that’s all.

It’s an artificial way of increasing and scaling difficulty across the multiple (unlimited) runs. The stats will be the same, they can’t simply incrementally change the mobs on the fly as that’s harder to balance than having one single mechanic that affects everyone equally. The stat increase can be taken or left. It’s negligible.

I read the blog post – it’s clear to me that the first run will probably not even require the Agony-resists, and that the new gear is a requirement after the first few scaled runs. Else they’d give us a whole set straight off the bat.

It depends on how you define “run”. For me a “run” incluedes completing everything in the dungeons, and, as they told us, this won’t be possible unless you have Ascended Gear and Infusions. This wouldn’t be a problem if you would get those gear automatically just by doing the dungoen, as I mentioned above. But since you will have to grind for it, it really sucks and breaks one of Arena Nets basic promises.

In a nutshell: They kittened it up and pissed of a lot of their most faithful fans. But they still have time to change that.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

All they said is they added a new tier of gear.
It seems full exotic is too easy to get, and legendary way too hard.

It didn’t say they will keep on adding new tiers all the time. They just phase in the new tier smoothly, starting with a back item and rings….

I put a lot of time and gold into crafting. Now that I have my 2 toons full equipped, its all worthless, thx A-Net. Can I craft the new things? NO! I hate dungeons and now I HAVE TO DO this bullkitten to get max. equip? No, thx – I bought the game because A-net promised that there NEVER will be such a gear creep.

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

GW1 had ZERO gear progression and it’s still going on after 7 years. Your argument is invalid.

If gear progression is the only thing anet can do to keep people playing, then this game deserves to die.

If this turns out to be true, I’d have to agree unfortunately.

Just look at other recent mmo’s. Anything that tried to be like wow has had their player base shrink dramatically. It cannot be done better than Blizzard, they already have the gold standard winning formula those types of players crave. Trying to copy them for a shot at snagging a piece of their pie is only going to lead to smaller server pops. It’s really foolish, business-wise.

(edited by Zhaneel.9208)

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

8+ years of sticking with Anet and GW/GW2 won’t have me running off to the hills at this poor, POOR design choice.
Argue it any way you wish this is still:
1) a form of vertical progression
2) Gating
3) contrary to the original vision of what brought me, and many, many other players over to the GW franchise

Posted by: Godomir.7159

Godomir.7159

Then obviously you don’t get the gear…simple.

Sure is this.

Then is time to return to games specifically designed for this, to split players….simple

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

so you are ok with people farming 2 same event on Orr again and again like a zombie just for legendary skin but not ok with people grinding dungeon if they want some useful, practical stats progression..

lol hypocrite

Did I say that? If you are going to resort to name calling, at least get your facts straight so you don’t look like a fool.

My point was, if you bothered to read my post properly, is that stat “progression” is just as cosmetic as farming items for skins or whatnot. The idea of a stat progression treadmill by its very design is a flimsy illusion at best and should such a system go in, you will be no stronger in the best tier gear fighting the most current content then you are now.

If you cannot understand that, I am really not sure what else I can say to you.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

It’s a RING…and BACKPIECE…my god, chill.

If you think this is gating, perhaps infusing armor in GW1 to handle the Mursaat was also gating…though I’m SURE that most of you wouldn’t think that.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Could care less about Fractal, kthnxbye.

How am I affected now?

Polish > hype

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

Try a pool like this: http://poll.pollcode.com/fr744l
Simpler, and meaningful… And actually helpful!

Having a category saying “I will leave blah blah” (which everyone that is overreacting is voting on) serves who? You have 3 NO and 1 Yes. This is no pool mate!
Anyway… I REALLY believe a pool like the one I presented is much more useful! But that’s just me…

I voted in your poll too :-)
…and I voted No

Posted by: Dratyan.4315

Dratyan.4315

No, I hate the new ascended items.

They simply lied to everyone’s faces. “There is no gear progression”, “You get to eat the carrot”, etc. All BS. Who wants to bet that each expansion pack will feature a new gear tier superior to the rest and the only way to get those items will be by buying said expansion? I don’t doubt anything anymore. They lied to sell their game, they might as well do it again.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I cant wait for this now. I will use this to my advantage in PvP to kick butt and all those who dont have the time will be left behind.
Exit the grind for looks enter the grind for power. About time Anet however my old guildies still arent coming back.

Okay bro, enjoy your 2% crit rate chance increase, a bit of extra power and some useless MF if you’re looking to get the one they previewed.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Wagnard.4027

Wagnard.4027

Holy flying spaghetti monster … I just remember the GLFF now.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

I’m playing 90% of the time WvsWvsW and 10% spvp in Guild Wars 2. If the new gear is better then the exotics gear and i will be forced to go zo dungeons to stay competive in wvswvsw i will just quit this game. This is so unbelievable stupid. Make it buyable with karma/badges/gold or not usable in wvswvsw or you will loose many pvp players.

They are adding 200 crafting recipes also… who says you just have to run dungeons?

See this type of knee jerk reaction is why we have a 50 page thread…..

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

You do know that you can’t clear the new dungeon right? It’s infinite. Each level consists of 3 mini-dungeons chosen from a pool of 9 (with a boss every 2 levels), and you don’t need infusion till much later on. You can see all the content without touching infusion.

That’s not how it reads. Yes, we can’t really “clear” the dungeon but we can see and beat all mobs that can spawn in it. And, as they clearly stated, to do so we will need Ascended Gear. And that’s where they kittened it up.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Valhallen.1693

Valhallen.1693

The thing is, it’s not just speculation now. The sky may not be falling yet, but the possibility that it could fall has just become very real. Until today, Anet had never given us any reason to think otherwise. The game has just barely gone live and they’re already backpedaling on their own manifesto. (Something they made a pretty big deal about)

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

yep .. guild wars 2 deserve to die if gear progression is the only thing areanet can come up with

Posted by: Gnatoay.7581

Gnatoay.7581

Yes for new content, no for ascended items
that freaking imbalanced
and simply unfair for those who outgrinded dungeons for the stupid tokens and people like myself who had transmuted dungeon armors into magic find gear.
imagine farming for full 3 weeks under the effects of DR; your “hopes” of limiting/capping botters.
word of advice, before you guys throw a stunt like this please clear out those existing botters, hackers (speed hackers, magic find hackers) thank you

Day in, Day out; Grinding

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

Those situations arent comparable.

But they are. An overall 8% change in the game balance is a lot.

Id take a lot of different rune sets over a 1% crit rate increase and a bit of extra power any day.

And your point is?

Thats about all your getting with the new equips

No. Using percentage as argument too we are getting 8% change. Not just 1%.

No. Its an 8% precision increase, but that only adds up to about a 1% increase in the actual critical hit rate.

no, 8% of 1% is .0008%, not 1%… stop using math to argue with please.

Wut..
Thats not what I said at all. Im saying the resulting precision gain from the ascended gear (your 8%) counts towards about a 1.5% – 2% increase in the critical hit rate. They are separate terms. Do you understand? And before you say it, yes I realize thats different then the 1% I originally posted. My point still stands however.

yeah I actually deleted that because I completely misread what was posted. That was my mistake which is why it was deleted as soon as I reread what I wrote.

Posted by: Aank.4837

Aank.4837

I can only hope there is no grinding with this idea. It’s one of the reasons I stopped playing WoW. If it comes to that, I will probably just ignore that content altogether, there’s no way I’m doing another gear grind treadmill.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

I see why A net makes them stronger, they are slightly stronger because of the infusion slot. you can’t actually put sigils/runes in them. people might think ascended gear is better, but some most builds need runes and sigils, this gear can be seen even worse in some situations

Elona is Love, Elona is life.