Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spurious D.6173

Spurious D.6173

same impression i got that it what exotics shoudl have been.

They are exotics with +8% stats and infusion slots….

They didn´t need to add that 8% there, would´ve been fine with just infusion slots.

No, then they’d have been only half as terrible. Why do people think infusion is a good thing? It’s WoW Attunements all over again, it’s awful… Infusions are at -least- as offensive to me as the fact that they are creating a new tier of gear for no good reason.

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

If you NEEDED ascended to even try, it’d be impossible because we don’t get a full set right away, and you get rings in the dungeon.

Sure. But let’s say RL forces a break from the game and you come back six months later to the next patch with the next dungeon, that does require the gear. Now to get back on the treadmill you’ve got to run the previous dungeon no one wants to run anymore because it won’t drop anything they want.

Welcome to gear treadmill hell, GW2 was meant to be free of this nonsense.

Stop using slippery slope arguments.
They’ve said they aren’t going to add more tiers.

The thing is, they said they will not add any more tiers before. Now they say that after this, there will be no more tiers. What is stopping them from, in 6 months time, from adding a new tier, saying there will be no more new tiers after this. Etc, etc.

This is a slippery slope.

Posted by: Synitare.3176

Synitare.3176

If I was a NCsoft exec. I’d probably be kicked back with my feet on the desk thinking

“Ha they’re not going anywhere they’re still posting! hah”

edit- well I wouldn’t, but I think they are…

Well it is common knowledge the vocal section of the community that posts on mediums such as this are indeed a small percentage. As outraged as we are, I don’t think any of us want to see the game fail. That is why we are fighting this madness as hard as we are.

The problem is the silent majority of people will not care to wage such campaigns. They will simply pack their bags and leave if the game becomes not to their liking. Considering the game was founded and forged on tenants such as no gear progression or grinding in order to access content, to release a massive, MASSIVE change like AN are planning on doing that flies completely in the face of that is not only dishonest but threatens to drive off majority of the player-base.

Long story short, for every one of us that is protesting these changes, you can safely say there ten or so more who will simply go elsewhere. Regardless of your stance on the issue, the potential of losing that many of your paying customers to appease a very, very small minority who want to make this game what it never was made to be is nothing short of madness and bad for all involved.

It’s not common knowledge. It’s assumed knowledge. I have never seen a single developer release actual numbers. I’d also say that in this case even the supposed “vocal minority” is significantly large, and yet ANet continues to treat everyone here with utter contempt.

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

They didn´t need to add that 8% there, would´ve been fine with just infusion slots.

No, then they’d have been only half as terrible. Why do people think infusion is a good thing? It’s WoW Attunements all over again, it’s awful… Infusions are at -least- as offensive to me as the fact that they are creating a new tier of gear for no good reason.

Why i say it would´ve been fine was because the effect would´ve been just on the new dungeon content, it could´ve been ignored if someone flet like it.
As it´s now, you´ll need the ascended gear everywhere because it has that +8%

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

A violated promise is never something to be taken lightly. ANet promised no gear grind or gear gateways (see many citations in this thread, quoting ANet employees saying exactly that in official posts.)

They broke that promise by adding gear grind and gear gateways to the “end game”.

Thus the anger, frustration, and feeling of being lied to. Many of us came to GW2 specifically BECAUSE of those now-broken promises.

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

It’s always had gear grind, what do you think exotic is?
Again, if the new quality had never existed it’d be the same, you’d need exotics.

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

Apparently I’m not allowed to state my opinion on this matter without my post being deleted…. let’s try this again. Watered down version:

[Deleted part about Dev reply adding fuel to the fire…which was funny, btw]

Badly disguised gear treadmill is still a gear treadmill. If ANet says, “seriously, this is it, a tier of gear we’ve had in planning, this is the pinnacle of everything” and that’s the end of it, fine, I guess. Whiteside’s statement makes it pretty clear that they’re not even reconsidering this move for a moment, and that ANet plans to stay the course. So, there it is.

This whole thing is still [deleted word describing how I feel about new gear situation]. Betraying your playerbase and the belief system you profess to your players is a great way to leave a bad taste in everyone’s mouth a mere 3 months after release. If there is anything ANet should take away from all this, it’s that honesty and transparency is the best policy- Just be straight with us. We’ll respect you more for it in the end. But this- all this cloak and dagger, doubletalk PR speak, it doesn’t sit well with people.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Strang.8170

Again, if the new quality had never existed it’d be the same, you’d need exotics.

What point does the new +stats gear serve?

If they don´t release more tiers, what was the point of raising the stat cap this time? Why wasn´t it enough to just add infusion mechanic to it?

Posted by: Angrec.6970

Angrec.6970

You know what else really irks and confuses me? Them saying there are no intermediates between legendary and exotic weapons and using that as the excuse to pull this on us. There are exotics that cost more then legendaries at the moment (infinite light and mjolnir), cost almost as much (foefire, other ele skins), and are a inbetween the easily obtainable exotics and legendaries (mist weapons, and various other skins such as the kryta’s salvation axe).

And if you want to look at armor there are the twilight arbor and arah em gear, t3 cultural, and the normal em exotics, all of which are at a natural progression of cost/difficulty to obtain. I just dont see where this “gap” exists at.

Posted by: Spurious D.6173

Spurious D.6173

Why i say it would´ve been fine was because the effect would´ve been just on the new dungeon content, it could´ve been ignored if someone flet like it.
As it´s now, you´ll need the ascended gear everywhere because it has that +8%

The problem is, as stated in the blog, -all- new content is going to follow the exact same infusion gear-gate method.

So sure, you’d have been free to ignore the new dungeon and all new dungeons for the rest of the game and be stuck doing the content the game shipped with… great.

Content gates are bad for games. Radiance killed LOTRO, WoW had to remove it’s attunements years ago… they are bad, they do not work, they are, in my personal opinion much much worse than a single (ya, right) new tier of gear.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

People were fine grinding exotics since exotics were supposed to be the last step, much like max armor in Guild Wars. From there on out all progression was supposed to be horizontal. This is no longer the case. Now we’re stuck with the same ever increasing vertical progression as World of WarCraft and it’s ilk and that’s not a good thing.

Untouch.2541

If they don´t release more tiers, what was the point of raising the stat cap this time? Why wasn´t it enough to just add infusion mechanic to it?

All the tiers have better stats, they should have the same stats though.

Posted by: Mickey.4207

Mickey.4207

Because Extoics were supposed to be the cap and everybody would have same stats and the only thing that will separate you from others is appearance. that was original plan. To only release more cosmetic grind.

Why do you think they made Legendaries different only in appearance? you think they couldn’t have given legendaries better stats before release?

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Untouch.2541

I don’t have exotics right now, not everyone has the same stats.
Also, if they actually don’t add any more tiers, it’ll be the same.

Strang.8170

All the tiers have better stats, they should have the same stats though.

I don´t quite understand what you´re saying…couldyou elaborate a little more?

Posted by: Bardes.1870

Bardes.1870

If you NEEDED ascended to even try, it’d be impossible because we don’t get a full set right away, and you get rings in the dungeon.

Sure. But let’s say RL forces a break from the game and you come back six months later to the next patch with the next dungeon, that does require the gear. Now to get back on the treadmill you’ve got to run the previous dungeon no one wants to run anymore because it won’t drop anything they want.

The thing is, they said they will not add any more tiers before. Now they say that after this, there will be no more tiers. What is stopping them from, in 6 months time, from adding a new tier, saying there will be no more new tiers after this. Etc, etc.

This is a slippery slope.

The designers need tips such as “No thinking about Treadmill” or “No touch stat cup” on their screen and discussion board.

Fungalfoot.7213

But they are adding a new tier. Therein lies the problem.

Untouch.2541

Every increasing tier has better stats than the other (except legendary).
They probably thought to keep up the tradition.

Untouch.2541

But they are adding a new tier. Therein lies the problem.

Did you read my post?
If they don’t add this tier, nothing would change.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

You’re feeding a monster that’ll bite your hand.

You’re feeding a monster that’ll consume content like a bunch of locusts. Content that took months to create will be consumed wihtin hours and the monster will become hungry again. Sooner or later you’ll realize that you’ll never be able to keep up with it ravenous appetite.

Posted by: Kuishen.6140

Kuishen.6140

You are all incredibly infuriating.

Calm down. You are all making wild assumptions and accusations with literally zero basis.

Needing ascended gear to do anything in Fractals? No evidence that this is the case.

Taking a break and coming back to find you can’t do anything because gear is outdated? No evidence this will be the case.

Ascended Armor being more powerful than Exotics? No evidence that this is the case. Because if it’s going to work like the accessories, then you can’t put runes on them and there are stats on runes that are simply miles ahead of a few extra raw stat points.

Gated content? No evidence this will be the case.

I like wild conjecture as much as the next guy but you guys are being some of the most whiny, self-entitled and generally unpleasant people I have ever seen on any MMO forum. By all means continue battering the developers that are giving you all of this content for free.

ANet please don’t listen to these idiots and do whatever you want because contrary to popular belief, this is your game and it doesn’t belong to these ridiculous whiners.

Strang.8170

Which is exactly the thing we protest against.

If they keep on introducing new tiers with better stats, we´re in the treadmill.

If they stop with this tier, then what was the point of increasing stats from exotics in the first place?

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

They said it in the blog: to lessen the huge gap between obtaining exotics and legendaries, exactly what the community, as a whole, has been asking for the past month and a half or so.

Did they need to do this? no. But they did exactly what the community was asking, and now they’re getting a huge amount of drama from everyone and their grandmas. It’s not rational, and it’s not fair.

As you can see from this massive thread, “the community” was not asking for higher stat gear.

Probably because that “free” content is showing every sign of forcing players to grind new gear repeatedly, which the developers explicitly said would never happen. Just because it annoys you doesn’t make it any less valid.

Care to point out what “signs” are leading you to conclude this will be a grind? Max stat exotics can hardly be considered a grind, and now you’re saying the next step up, with absolutely no indication of how you even acquire them, will be a grind? Rubbish. We don’t know anything about them. Just saying what you feel doesn’t make it valid.

Signs? A little reading comprehension of the Linsey Murdock piece is all that is required. The ascended gear is being introduced specifically to occupy people’s efforts and give them something to do. If it takes a day then poof everyone is back to this so-called legendary wall and it was pointless in the first place.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

They also said many things that they are now breaking with this update.
They ve already adding a tier with this update. That is already a treadmill for anyone that worked hard to obtain exotics.
Why should ve ever trust them again?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Untouch.2541

If they keep on introducing new tiers with better stats, we´re in the treadmill.

If they stop with this tier, then what was the point of increasing stats from exotics in the first place?

They shouldn’t have, but even if they just add infusions it’ll be better.

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

Apparently writing two sentences in bold constitutes an infraction and gets your post deleted. Here is my last deleted post, free of any pesky formatting that would make it easier to read or to find the key idea, in a thread moving at hundreds of posts per hour:

Sorry, but this is wrong. There is a tremendous amount of middle ground. Exotics run the gamut from crafted pieces that go for 1.5-2.5g, to weapons with unique skins but no particle effects that come from the Mystic Forge, going for anywhere from 7g to 15g, to event weapons like the Halloween Exotics that are selling for 30g+, along with weapons that require specific recipes in the Mystic Forge, ranging from cheap 5g weapons like the Mystic set to expensive versions like the Corrupted set (~30g), the Destroyer set (~60g), all the way up to semi-Legendaries like Vision of the Mists (~150g) or Foefire’s Essence, which costs upward of 300-400g from materials alone, along with 50, 70, or 100 skill points.
There is no “gap” in weapon acquisition until you’re talking about weapons that cost more than 400 gold. If Ascended equipment is meant to be valued at anything less than that, then the argument that it is ‘filling a gap’ is totally, 100% null and void.

Mickey.4207

You are missing the point. Other MMOS don’t have a grind cap. but GW2 was different because it capped the grind. So exotic was end of it all.

Exotic stats are very easy to achiever by the way. The only thing you had to grind was for looking different.

gadenp.7586

Half the current content is based around exotic gear. Just by introducing this Ascended gear, what is going to happen with the current content and dungeons.

You cannot tell me that majority will still grind exotics. In all seriousness, if I am a newly minted level 80 with 400 crafting and about 5G and some mats. I will not run dungeons. No, I will read the forums. Get me a good build. Craft me an exotic set. Get me a Ascended backpack with some Infusion. And then run FotM. Because there is where the good gear are.

Why bother with exotic any more when i know down the road, the whole tier will be obsolete, as it will be more worthwhile for all to just jump onto the Ascended grind.

Untouch.2541

There’s still a cap, it’s just at a different number now, and if they actually keep their promise it’ll stay that way.

Posted by: DeadlyRush.1620

DeadlyRush.1620

Calm down. You are all making wild assumptions and accusations with literally zero basis.

Needing ascended gear to do anything in Fractals? No evidence that this is the case.

Taking a break and coming back to find you can’t do anything because gear is outdated? No evidence this will be the case.

Ascended Armor being more powerful than Exotics? No evidence that this is the case. Because if it’s going to work like the accessories, then you can’t put runes on them and there are stats on runes that are simply miles ahead of a few extra raw stat points.

I like wild conjecture as much as the next guy but you guys are being some of the most whiny, self-entitled and generally unpleasant people I have ever seen on any MMO forum. By all means continue battering the developers that are giving you all of this content for free.

ANet please don’t listen to these idiots and do whatever you want because contrary to popular belief, this is your game and it doesn’t belong to these ridiculous whiners.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Please see the picture and do the math. Thank You.

Deadlyshield[AFS] Officer

Posted by: Rangle.2539

Rangle.2539

Well, let’s see what’s the impact of the new of “infusion and agony” system on live going to be. It’s definitely going to segregate the community. I don’t think we are going to see a lot of happy people then.

Some things can never be undone.

I don’t support a “let’s wait and see what happens” approach to decisions like this one.

Don’t get me wrong I agree with you. It’s just I know they are not going to listen to any of us and go through with it. The community is the one going to suffer then.

Posted by: CJAncients.6907

CJAncients.6907

Even on real treadmills (the kind in gyms) there is a first step. This has nothing to do with slippery slope, this is the first step.

Calling it “progression” doesn’t make it any less a treadmill.

Fungalfoot.7213

There’s still a cap, it’s just at a different number now, and if they actually keep their promise it’ll stay that way.

Exotic was supposed to be the cap. They didn’t keep their promise there. What makes you think they will now?

Synitare.3176

Think it this way.

Did they really need to add more stats to the new rarity class?

If what you say is true and they don´t add more tiers with better stats, what was the point of adding better stats to this tier?

They said it in the blog: to lessen the huge gap between obtaining exotics and legendaries, exactly what the community, as a whole, has been asking for the past month and a half or so.

Did they need to do this? no. But they did exactly what the community was asking, and now they’re getting a huge amount of drama from everyone and their grandmas. It’s not rational, and it’s not fair.

Probably because that “free” content is showing every sign of forcing players to grind new gear repeatedly, which the developers explicitly said would never happen. Just because it annoys you doesn’t make it any less valid.

Care to point out what “signs” are leading you to conclude this will be a grind? Max stat exotics can hardly be considered a grind, and now you’re saying the next step up, with absolutely no indication of how you even acquire them, will be a grind? Rubbish. We don’t know anything about them. Just saying what you feel doesn’t make it valid.

Yeah, go read the blog post and the single, solitary developer reply to this thread. The blog post blatantly says “this is just the beginning of our new progression initiative.”
That is pretty much the most explicit “sign” you can get. Further, they have indeed detailed how they will be acquired. Random dungeon drops, absurd mystic forge recipes and crafting, all of which are quintessential examples of what it is to “grind.”

You do not know anything about them. Anyone capable of conscious thought and reading comprehension knows most of the important details.

Fortuna.7259

It’s what exotic should have been, SHOULD HAVE.

…..

Make karma and dungeon gear give ascended, let them sell it. Don’t make it super expensive, but make the dungeon and karma vendors sell it.

Uh that is what exotics ARE…. readily available end game gear. What exactly are you saying ascended gear would cost? And how is making you run a dungeon 50 times to get a piece fun?

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Easy Fix for the Ascended items… Stat cap in WvWvW… No longer mandatory for casual players, people who play more can have their new armor, and others are not penalized for not having it. Tada, easy fix! And while they are at it, remove Repair costs for WvWvW (on armor), do not get repair costs in sPvP, why in WvW, I want to spend my money on Siege Equipment, not repairs from being zerged 20 vs 1 or 2

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

gadenp.7586

They also said many things that they are now breaking with this update.
They ve already adding a tier with this update. That is already a treadmill for anyone that worked hard to obtain exotics.
Why should ve ever trust them again?

Don’t then.
Continue crying and rolling around on the floor about nothing.

The fact that we are here up in arms, seems to be contradicting your statement that we all are crying rolling around on the floor. How people come up with such statements to insult others, I do not know how they think.

It is more like we are letting Anet feel our displeasure. If it does not work. Well lets see. If GW2 becames WoW Clone version 1241231. Then I for one, will walk away.

Mickey.4207

Hhaha are you for real? keep the promise this time? even though they clearly stated that they will keep on adding more higher stats in coming months.

Dude this is beginning of vertical progression. So say good bye to good old horizontal progression.

Untouch.2541

It’s what exotic should have been, SHOULD HAVE.

…..

Make karma and dungeon gear give ascended, let them sell it. Don’t make it super expensive, but make the dungeon and karma vendors sell it.

Uh that is what exotics ARE…. readily available end game gear. What exactly are you saying ascended gear would cost? And how is making you run a dungeon 50 times to get a piece fun?

More than exotic, but not a super high amount.

Untouch.2541

Hhaha are you for real? keep the promise this time? even though they clearly stated that they will keep on adding more higher stats in coming months.

Dude this is beginning of vertical progression. So say god by to good old horizontal progression.

They said they’re adding the remaining slots, not adding higher stats.

Angrec.6970

Can someone explain or point out where this gap he is talking about is? I ask because I am certainly not seeing it, and am wondering what I am missing.

You have items that cost a gold to three gold (rusttooth and pearl weapons).

10-30g (halloween skins if you count them, emberstone, hyper beam alpha etc, some of the mystic forge recipe based focuses)

50-180 gold (stuff like firebringer, mists weapons, and immobulus)

200g-460 g (foefire weapons, non mjolnir ele weapons)

500-780 gold depending on lodestone prices (infinite light and mjolnir)

By the way, legendaries cost between 500-900 gold.

Synitare.3176

Please do the english.
You are not gated from this content.
If that was the case, it’d be impossible because there’s no way to get anything but rings and back.

Please do the reading.

“Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must”

That is the definition of content gating. So too is releasing thing piecemeal like they are, given that they have also already confirmed that there will be the full range of Ascended items.

Mickey.4207

Dude this is beginning of vertical progression. So say god by to good old horizontal progression.

They said they’re adding the remaining slots, not adding higher stats.

You need to read the article more carefully. They are not just talking about remaining slots.
Only foolish and naive would think that Anet will keep their promise this time.

Fortuna.7259

Can you fearmongerors please stop using the term “gear treadmill”, adding Ascended gear is in no way the beginning off a gear treadmill. By logic and definition this is NOT a gear treadmill!

The fearmongering and the lies in this thread are deeply disturbing, there is NO evidence suggesting that they will introduce a gear treadmill, NONE! They have said multiple times that they hate gear treadmills!

And then they told us that they would be repeatedly giving us new gear with higher stats to obtain… do you even understand what a gear treadmill is?

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Synitare.3176

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Please see the picture and do the math. Thank You.

Please learn reading comprehension. Thank You:

Because if it’s going to work like the accessories, then you can’t put runes on them and there are stats on runes that are simply miles ahead of a few extra raw stat points.

Yeah sure accessories have a negligible higher amount of stats, not game breaking. If the Armor works like the accessories in that picture, there will be no runes on said armor and Runes are way better than those few extra stat points.

…wat.

If armor works as the accessories do, then they will still be better since the stat bonuses will be baked into the items, just like they are for the rings. At worst, you’ll lose the “% chance to do X” bonuses, if even that.

Posted by: Kuishen.6140

Kuishen.6140

Please do the english.
If that was the case, it’d be impossible because there’s no way to get anything but rings and back.

Please do the reading.

“Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must”

That is the definition of content gating. So too is releasing thing piecemeal like they are, given that they have also already confirmed that there will be the full range of Ascended items.

Whose to say that you won’t get the gear you need to progress further AS you are delving deeper? kitten Like I said a whole lotta baseless accusations.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

Apparently writing two sentences in bold constitutes an infraction and gets your post deleted. Here is my last deleted post, free of any pesky formatting that would make it easier to read or to find the key idea, in a thread moving at hundreds of posts per hour:

Sorry, but this is wrong. There is a tremendous amount of middle ground. Exotics run the gamut from crafted pieces that go for 1.5-2.5g, to weapons with unique skins but no particle effects that come from the Mystic Forge, going for anywhere from 7g to 15g, to event weapons like the Halloween Exotics that are selling for 30g+, along with weapons that require specific recipes in the Mystic Forge, ranging from cheap 5g weapons like the Mystic set to expensive versions like the Corrupted set (~30g), the Destroyer set (~60g), all the way up to semi-Legendaries like Vision of the Mists (~150g) or Foefire’s Essence, which costs upward of 300-400g from materials alone, along with 50, 70, or 100 skill points.
There is no “gap” in weapon acquisition until you’re talking about weapons that cost more than 400 gold. If Ascended equipment is meant to be valued at anything less than that, then the argument that it is ‘filling a gap’ is totally, 100% null and void.

The problem is the exotics are easily had, everybody has said it…“its easy to get exotics in 1-2 days of getting 80”, so there was nothing to work for once you got to 80. Exotics SHOULD have been the starter set for 80’s and the ascended the next step…alas it was not. They want to give 80’s something to work for and they didnt want 3 sets to all have the same stat values. Its that easy.

As for having high requirement exotics..honestly people think of those as legendaries themselves and they should be retroacted as such. The requirements are ridiculous and most lump them with the same tier difficulty of getting a legendary. This is by no means an elegant solution, however their options are quite limited as far as gear. For content and dungeon, design, balance etc…nobody has tried what they have done yet, so we dont know how good or bad that is..nobody cares because they cant get over the fact that Anet made a mistake from the beginning and now are trying to fix it for their posterity, not just for now.

Posted by: DeadlyRush.1620

DeadlyRush.1620

Please do the english.

If your talking to me then. Please read also before answering. I didnt say anything bout gated anyways. Im just saying that the Ascended will have better stats. Read the bolded letters there will be a full set soon.

“The Future of Items Progression

This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content.
As we release more new end game content in the future, you’ll see more Infusions and Ascended item types being added to the game. Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content."

Deadlyshield[AFS] Officer

Untouch.2541

I can’t see where they said they’ll have better stats.

They said they’ll add more update related items, that’s it.

Do the halloween exotics have better stats? Nope.

@above
At launch we will only have ring and back items, they’re going to add the rest of the slots as they go.

Angrec.6970

I can’t see where they said they’ll have better stats.

They said they’ll add more update related items, that’s it.

Do the halloween exotics have better stats? Nope.

They showed an item that had better stats (its about an 8% increase for a ring, which typically has less of a gap compared to other slots) and the articles talked about the new tier has better stats then exotic.