Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vengus.1098

Vengus.1098

Galen Grey, if they wanted to keep the progression for dungeons only, they should have have kept the stats on Ascended the same as on Exotic apart from the infusion slot. That infusion slot would then be used for infusions that reduce the effect of agony, still giving a feeling of progression through the dungeon, without ever affecting anything else.

Posted by: frogshake.2419

frogshake.2419

Oh come on – I don’t even have a full set of exotics yet (yeah, I’m slow, but I was having too much fun exploring the world) and was looking forward to being done with gear acquisition (stat-wise, I don’t actually mind (all that much) to grind for gear that simply looks nice…). Gah!

Also, how about hiring some, what are they called again – oh, yes, PR professionals so you can learn how to communicate new features in a way that is not absolutely ambiguous (although if that’s what you’re going for: great job!).

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

The point that they have to “BOOST” legendary weapons to a new stat level simply implies a new tier. The entire point was that exotic was the threshold. The fact that they are boosting the stats to one level of gear above exotics betrays the game.

They never said Exotic would be the final tier

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Posted by: Naimed.1604

Naimed.1604

First of all: I don’t like ascended items the way they are.

The good news is that I thought of a solution..

I will try to explain a nice solution for this . I hope this is implemented this way , so please support this post (I hope it doesn’t sink in the post storm)

The big issue is that the whole grinding of exotic gear goes to the trash with ascended items, and we DO fall into a threadmill. So my suggestion is: why not UPGRADE an exotic item into an ascended one?

For example, in this image:
http://wac.7725.edgecastcdn.net/807725/website/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Ascended-EN.png

we see the two rings.. so why not put the [Orichalcum ring of the explorer] and, say, 120 [new dungeon tokens] inte the mystic forge to obtain [Yakkington’s Ring]? it perfectly fits, and this way your exotic gear just gets upgraded and you don’t have to trash it! Note that to make that upgrade you just need to run the new dungeon twice. It could be once also, but the idea is that the grinding is kept at a minimum.

Please vote for this, I think its by far the best choice!

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

Posted by: chopsticks.9853

chopsticks.9853

So legendary gear is the only gear guaranteed to be BiS?

Noway I’m I grinding for that stuff. To many good games coming out to be treated like this.

Posted by: Dragonborn.1507

Dragonborn.1507

Now they boost the stats make more undesired for legendaries player in to a NEED

they try milk more gold from us, “you dont have better stat, see how you survive in the up coming dungeon.”

that mean their so called 5% population will get legendary player will become the most rich player among all

I bet the precursor will be 800g each so do the lodestone

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

The point that they have to “BOOST” legendary weapons to a new stat level simply implies a new tier. The entire point was that exotic was the threshold. The fact that they are boosting the stats to one level of gear above exotics betrays the game.

Yes they did. They even underlined how legendaries weren’t any more powerful than exotics, just prettier.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

Did anyone here follow the ME3 ending fiasco? This is like deja’ vu

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

@Uorya

I think you missed the point that there is no gap between exotics and legendary. They’re just skins. Having cool looking skin is very much different than having better stats. There’s no real need for anyone to get legendary weapons stat wise.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Posted by: Rhyaehar.9504

Rhyaehar.9504

Without reading too much into this topic:
Almost exact same thing was tried in LotRO and it didn’t work out.
The arbitrary gating almost killed the raiding alliance group I was in: before it, we would balance raids / groups with alts depending on what was the most needed, but with Radiance, only well-equipped mains would qualify.

Mechanics like this completly kills alting.
It’s not about “who would I like to take into this part of content” anymore, it’s about “which character has the highest Infusion”.

It seems grindy, it failed in LotRO, it failed in WoW…
I dislike it highly. It’s not as deal-breaking as Ascended gear is for me because it’s easier to back out from and seems to have less impact on general population right now anyway, but i am against it personally.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

“Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.”

Read this and stop complaining, they did it only to put a little progression between exotics and legendary, they are not going to put a gear progression and they are not going to put more tiers, they just want to make sure that between exotic and legendary there is another tier that fill the gap between them, that’s all

I can’t wait to hop back on the treadmill in a few more months to get my legendary britches!

A treadmill is a treadmill..ANUT just set it to a walking speed.

The funny thing is, there is no gap to fill between exotics and legendaries right now, so ANet will have to create an artificial gap by improving the legendaries.

Now:

Exotics = Legendaries

Future:

Exotics < Ascended < Legendaries

Some ppl on this forum have obviously no clue how itemization works right now in this game…

tkalamba.2541

There are 138 pages of this… So, I don’t know if this link has been posted or not.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside/first#post721451

Those of you who are worried about the stat increase should read this. I was very worried about it too. However, this response from Anet helped put me at ease.

Atryue
lvl 80 Guard on Anvil Rock

Don’t see how a post that contradicts itself would relieve worry.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

All this says is they will be adding new items… (as in, new flashy swords, rifles, pistols etc.) Right below it says no new tiers after this update… just new skins within the updated structure…. Thats not a treadmill in any way.

It is exactly that a treadmill. A treadmill is nothing but a constant stream of items for people to grind for.

Anet: People have gotten all the current items, time to put the new ones in…

By making them stronger than what is currently in game as well as having them needed to reach even better rewards in the dungeon makes this a gear treadmill

They always stated they will add new items. Even new weapon types that aren’t in the game yet. What are you going to do in inevitable expansions where they add new abilities and new races? Is that again a treadmill? Thats another thing they said they’d do.

The Ascended Items are not mandatory to progress in the game. You can still see all content, even the fractal dungeon without it. You can still compete in WvW, you don’t even need all exotics in WvW, that is a self imposed need. You can still compete easily without a full set, I do, and I dont have a single exotic piece of jewellery.

tkalamba.2541

Now they boost the stats make more undesired for legendaries player in to a NEED

they try milk more gold from us, “you dont have better stat, see how you survive in the up coming dungeon.”

that mean their so called 5% population will get legendary player will become the most rich player among all

I bet the precursor will be 800g each so do the lodestone

Ascended will technically be the same as Legendary… so they will not be a need

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

I don’t usually post or even look in any gaming forum, It’s always a cry topic over another cry topic, made from a very small amount of people thinking they are all the community.

I just want to say that I like the new ascended gear, exotics are so much common and unbalance right now, an armageddon set it’s the same as a crafted one, but it’s 100 times hareder to get, I think this game need a higher tier of set (ascended are +2 in stats anyway, not a big deal), harder and longer to get than exotics to balance things out. (GW1 got obsidian armor, kurcickz ecc)

Sorry, but these armors where not better than the one that everybody can get in an hour.

Now you will soon have armor for that you need to grind for months to progress. That is not the game I want to play.

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I haven’t even finished getting my exotic gear. My family and I chose this game because it was supposed to be casual. If it does become a gear grind, it will be more work than it’s worth to us.

I have spent a LOT of money in the cash shop because I am such a casual player and don’t have time to grind for gold. I won’t spend anymore if I have to keep doing it just to keep up.

tkalamba.2541

I haven’t even finished getting my exotic gear. My family and I chose this game because it was supposed to be casual. If it does become a gear grind, it will be more work than it’s worth to us.

I have spent a LOT of money in the cash shop because I am such a casual player and don’t have time to grind for gold. I won’t spend anymore if I have to keep doing it just to keep up.

You wont need to worry, there are benefits and disadvantages to Ascended gear. They cannot be custom tailored to your build as they cannot be upgraded which means no sigils or runes in armour or weapons of Ascended quality. Exactly the same as unique weapons in Gw1

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

This is just the first step – hark my words. Once this goes live, look for the next cash stop expansion. I can only imagine what is going to be on there.

Posted by: Dragonborn.1507

Dragonborn.1507

There are 138 pages of this… So, I don’t know if this link has been posted or not.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside/first#post721451

Those of you who are worried about the stat increase should read this. I was very worried about it too. However, this response from Anet helped put me at ease.

Atryue

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

All this says is they will be adding new items… (as in, new flashy swords, rifles, pistols etc.) Right below it says no new tiers after this update… just new skins within the updated structure…. Thats not a treadmill in any way.

It is exactly that a treadmill. A treadmill is nothing but a constant stream of items for people to grind for.

By making them stronger than what is currently in game as well as having them needed to reach even better rewards in the dungeon makes this a gear treadmill

They always stated they will add new items. Even new weapon types that aren’t in the game yet. What are you going to do in inevitable expansions where they add new abilities and new races? Is that again a treadmill? Thats another thing they said they’d do.

The Ascended Items are not mandatory to progress in the game. You can still see all content, even the fractal dungeon without it. You can still compete in WvW, you don’t even need all exotics in WvW, that is a self imposed need. You can still compete easily without a full set, I do, and I dont have a single exotic piece of jewellery.

now you say, later not
cause when a player has more damage output than you, will be losing

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

“The vast majority of the ones agreeing are not posting, they just had a smile after reading the news and are playing.”

You got 3 types of people, those that read it and like/hate it and posted here, those that didn’t read up on it, those that don’t care enough about it either way.

Type 1 posted here and the response is overwhelmingly negative.

Type 2 knows from the intro and went “Oh new content.”

Type 3 went “Oh new content.”

Posted by: Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

You people complain about gear treadmill, yet they had to come up with a whole mechanic system to make you unable to damage the new mobs before doing specific tasks BECAUSE they cannot add a real gear treadmill. Add to that a specific condition to not to increase normal stats, again…

go read on how GW1 worked for the infused gear.
they do NOT need to put in a new lvl of gear with better stats and an upgrade slot to make you access harder content. they didn’t need it in GW1, we certainly don’t want it in GW2.

Posted by: samanosuke.4508

samanosuke.4508

Get new gear that mitigates the condition. No active skill on your part, just a new passive defense against the new condition.

What has this added to the challenge of the game?

I like to think of it as story-based progression, rather than strictly challenging content. From a story perspective, we are being attacked by a new, unknown enemy whom inflicts a new type of virus/strain. We can attempt to drive them away (beat the dungeon) without utilising any antivirus, but we won’t be as effective. That to me is very interesting.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You wont need to worry, there are benefits and disadvantages to Ascended gear. They cannot be custom tailored to your build as they cannot be upgraded which means no sigils or runes in armour or weapons of Ascended quality. Exactly the same as unique weapons in Gw1

You haven’t seen a single ascended armor or weapon yet. What makes you think that when ArenaNet upgrades current legendaries people own to ascended and infusable status, they’d lose their sigil on the spot? Now talk about having people complain.

xtorma.1283

But you wont, they swear it this time…….honest.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Caran.3217

Caran.3217

“Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.”

Read this and stop complaining, they did it only to put a little progression between exotics and legendary, they are not going to put a gear progression and they are not going to put more tiers, they just want to make sure that between exotic and legendary there is another tier that fill the gap between them, that’s all

What GAP pray tell?

New gear has better stats (no matter how small) – current exotic weapons have the same stats as the current implementation of legendary weapons.
So what GAP?

I’m ending it here, but if you have the time just read through the last 5-10 pages of this thread and there’s plenty of evidence and good arguments that we’re facing a gear-treadmill (you can call it ‘little by little progression’ if you like ok).

Posted by: Nyspar.6103

Nyspar.6103

I wish someone would go through 140 pages of this and add up the number of unique responders not agreeing with the change compared to those agreeing. Too bad I have a full time job!

The vast majority of the ones agreeing are not posting, they just had a smile after reading the news and are playing.

I’m one of those people who welcomes to ascended gear. The reason is simple, it gives me a new goal to work toward.

I’ve reached the end’est (yes I made up a word) game you can possible be at.
-I’ve done sPvP to rank 28
-I’ve got 2 lvl 80 Characters
-I’ve got the commander tag
-I’ve got full exotics for both my characters
-I’ve got a legendary weapon

For me the only things to do now are: sPvP or WvW.

This ascended gear patch will give me a reason to do more PVE and also gives me a new goal to work towards

[DnT] TargNyspar
Targaryen / Nymaria / Dwagonfire / Dwagonhunter

Lothair.8942

“The vast majority of the ones agreeing are not posting, they just had a smile after reading the news and are playing.”

You got 3 types of people, those that read it and like/hate it and posted here, those that didn’t read up on it, those that don’t care enough about it either way.

Type 1 posted here and the response is overwhelmingly negative.

Type 2 knows from the intro and went “Oh new content.”

Type 3 went “Oh new content.”

Type 4: Those that have no idea what the hell is going on and don’t read the forums at all.

Posted by: Hohan.4016

Hohan.4016

i only know that i probably don’t play anymore after patch release with other 200+ play i know…. so this kitten implement is really a gg for wowplayers scumbag

tkalamba.2541

Yes they did. They even underlined how legendaries weren’t any more powerful than exotics, just prettier.

Nothing i’ve seen says they werent planning anything new. All I’ve seen specifically stated that Legendary will always be = to the most powerful. That hasn’t changed. Just Exotic is no longer the best.

Ascended gear doesn’t even offer the same proportional increase that Rare – Exotic does. You can’t upgrade it aside from an infusion which adds no stat increase. It’s not even that useful to alot of custom tailored builds.

Posted by: Nymia.3256

Nymia.3256

“Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. "

What, exactly, is a “proper” progression?
What, exactly, is the “reward” between the two?

So are you saying that you are doing this so that you can “conform to the conventions” of gear progression? Is that what you mean by proper?

Reward currently means – awesome skins with particle affects.
You are changing that to – increased numbers.

So, this one sentence seems to say to me (and please, correct me if I am wrong):

“We are adding increased stat gear because that’s the way it’s always been done.”

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

Well they have said no, but they have said no before. Your guess is as good as mine.

Which is : “NO – not unless the population of the game has declined to a point where adding better gear becomes necessary, which is very slim.”

Lothair.8942

Interesting how this post was deleted. Classic.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

What i’m wondering is will the stats/standard upgrade being included carry over to all remaining Ascended pieces.

What i mean is – in the preview pic we see that the usual stats gem (opal jewel) is included in the main stats and the standard slot is then turned into an infusion slot, will this carry over to every other kind of “Ascended” item as and when they come out.

Think about it, Ascended rings come with a fixed set of extra stats from a fixed jewel, so will Ascended armor items come with a fixed set of runes, & will Ascended weapons come with a fixed sigil?.
-
This would still be bad IMO (as i don’t agree with the new level being added at all), but it wouldn’t be as bad – this would mean Exotics would still have a place beside (not behind) Ascended items as with Exotics you’d have slightly lower stats BUT more customization in how you put them together and with Ascended items you’d have slightly higher stats but no customization at all.

So an Ascended knights armor would be fixed and have only have 1 set of runes that can’t be changed ever (included as standard), yet Exotic knights armor has a choice of any set of Exotic runes (like it is now). Same goes for Ascended weapons, a knights weapon would have say only a 7% extra damage sigil as standard (an increase over the optinal Exotic 5% version) YET the Exotic knights weapon can choose to have 3 stacks of might or any other sigil the player wants.

I wonder.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey, if they wanted to keep the progression for dungeons only, they should have have kept the stats on Ascended the same as on Exotic apart from the infusion slot. That infusion slot would then be used for infusions that reduce the effect of agony, still giving a feeling of progression through the dungeon, without ever affecting anything else.

I dont even think its dungeons more like this one specific dungeon which they said they plan to continue expanding upon but yes I totally agree with you like I said I would have rather they kept the same stats as exotics + perhaps a level appropriate upgrade and just added infusions.

I can only speculate they did it like this for perhaps 1 of two reasons I can think of.
1 to offset the fact ascended gear will not be 100% like everyone wishes (I dont think they’re going to have all the combination possible of all the different kinds of armor + all the possible upgrades since that would mean 1000s of ascended armor not really feasable) or perhaps they did this to jump start the whole progression thing since if it was exactly like exotic armor people who want progression might dismiss the whole update as meaningless since they’d still be working for something of equal power. Who knows!

Like I said its too early to say we just dont know enough!

tkalamba.2541

You haven’t seen a single ascended armor or weapon yet. What makes you think that when ArenaNet upgrades current legendaries people own to ascended and infusable status, they’d lose their sigil on the spot? Now talk about having people complain.

Because Legendaries are not Ascended? They never said Legendaries will be infusable…. All they said was that Legendaries will have the same base stats…..

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

From a roleplaying standpoint there is nothing wrong with having your players have to find a weapon or artifact that helps you weaken an enemy (or protect yourself). It’s been part of many a roleplaying campaign. In my opinion what is wrong here is the same thing that is wrong with legendaries, there appears to be no story or significant task to do (just grind). Want to protect yourself from the big new baddies, just drop some stuff in the mystic forge then head to the new dungeon to grind for drops/tokens to get more protection. How is that epic? How is that legendary?

In a tabletop roleplaying game a good storyteller would have their players perform some story driven epic feats to earn the weapon/protection, they would not say go fight the things you wish to be resistant to in hopes that the weaker among them drop something that slightly increases your resistance. Repeat until you get fully protected. A good storyteller would weave a tale with multiple steps that culminates in gaining the weapon/protection. Infusion should be a one time thing that is the culmination of a epic storyline, not a grind. Legendaries should be the culmination of a legendary tale that tells a story about the weapon (who forged it, why?), and not a grind with huge amounts of luck involved.

I’m with you on the skill front and agree with you completely. I think new content should introduce new behaviors and mechanics players have to learn, and not just things like new resistances or items. I just think these items can have a role to play when they are implemented in a thoughtful way, but this is not what appears to be the case from early information about the new gear.

xtorma.1283

What GAP pray tell?

New gear has better stats (no matter how small) – current exotic weapons have the same stats as the current implementation of legendary weapons.
So what GAP?

I’m ending it here, but if you have the time just read through the last 5-10 pages of this thread and there’s plenty of evidence and good arguments that we’re facing a gear-treadmill (you can call it ‘little by little progression’ if you like ok).

Like being a little pregnant.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

What irritates me the most is that I feel insulted because they treated us like we were dumb.

You can’t introduce a new tier of gear which cuts out whoever doesn’t own it from certain content, and then insult my intelligence trying to convince me it doesn’t go against 7 years of design phylosophy of GW1 and what you previously stated about GW2 itself.

“It’s just a way to fill a gap between exotics and legendaries”.

No, it’s not.
That would be something prettier than an exotic but less exclusive and hard to acquire thana a legendary. But with the same stats and slots.

We aren’t a bunch of idiots, you know.

Posted by: Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

where have you read that ? cause so far, all i saw was a ring, and a ring cant have sigil and runes anyway. i’m sure the ascended armor will let you put a rune in it on top of the special slot for the infusion.
and it will have better stats.

DONT DO IT ANET !

tkalamba.2541

What i’m wondering is will the stats/standard upgrade being included carry over to all remaining Ascended pieces.

What i mean is – in the preview pic we see that the usual stats gem (opal jewel) is included in the main stats and the standard slot is then turned into an infusion slot, will this carry over to every other kind of “Ascended” item as and when they come out.

Think about it, Ascended rings come with a fixed set of extra stats from a fixed jewel, so will Ascended armor items come with a fixed set of runes, & will Ascended weapons come with a fixed sigil?.
-
This would still be bad IMO (as i don’t agree with the new level being added at all), but it wouldn’t be as bad – this would mean Exotics would still have a place beside (not behind) Ascended items as with Exotics you’d have slightly lower stats BUT more customization in how you put them together and with Ascended items you’d have slightly higher stats but no customization at all.

So an Ascended knights armor would be fixed and have only have 1 set of runes that can’t be changed ever (included as standard), yet Exotic knights armor has a choice of any set of Exotic runes (like it is now). Same goes for Ascended weapons, a knights weapon would have say only a 7% extra damage sigil as standard (an increase over the optinal Exotic 5% version) YET the Exotic knights weapon can choose to have 3 stacks of might or any other sigil the player wants.

I wonder.

This is exactly what the implied advantage Exotic will have over Ascended is. Versatility and the ability to customize gear vs. Fixed stats that cannot be changed.

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Of course! It took them 3 months to do this….give it 6 more and they will try to fill the “gap” again!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: Rhyaehar.9504

Rhyaehar.9504

I’m one of those people who welcomes to ascended gear. The reason is simple, it gives me a new goal to work toward.

I’ve reached the end’est (yes I made up a word) game you can possible be at.
-I’ve done sPvP to rank 28
-I’ve got 2 lvl 80 Characters
-I’ve got the commander tag
-I’ve got full exotics for both my characters
-I’ve got a legendary weapon

For me the only things to do now are: sPvP or WvW.

This ascended gear patch will give me a reason to do more PVE and also gives me a new goal to work towards

Yes. For a week. Then you’ll be as bored as you are already.
Adding new content and new goals on the horizontal plateau was always meant to be how GW2 will expand.

Posted by: chopsticks.9853

chopsticks.9853

Different levels of ascended gear. “This is just the beginning.”

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

Interesting how this post was deleted. Classic.

It does not matter. Everyone has all the links and sources.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

“We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features.”

If they come up with these systems, then I’d say no.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Sailsd.9245

Sailsd.9245

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

where have you read that ? cause so far, all i saw was a ring, and a ring cant have sigil and runes anyway. i’m sure the ascended armor will let you put a rune in it on top of the special slot for the infusion.
and it will have better stats.

DONT DO IT ANET !

no..the post by Lindsey clearly says that all upgrades other than infusion are already in the item.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

This is exactly what the implied advantage Exotic will have over Ascended is. Versatility and the ability to customize gear vs. Fixed stats that cannot be changed.

Indeed it does when it comes to the rings/trinket items, i’m just wondering will they carry the same idea over to all other Ascended items like armor and weapons – it would be a decent compromize IMO and it would mean once all Ascended items are released all Exotics (trinkets, armor, weapons) would still have a place beside Ascended items and not just behind them.

I’d post a standard question/idea thread, but it would get moved here anyways – it would be nice if anet is still reading this to discuss this with us.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

xtorma.1283

Well they have said no, but they have said no before. Your guess is as good as mine.

Which is : “NO – not unless the population of the game has declined to a point where adding better gear becomes necessary, which is very slim.”

Sure, I believe it. Honest I do.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

tkalamba.2541

Atryue

now you say, later not
cause when a player has more damage output than you, will be losing

Considering there is zero balance in WvW and there are plenty that already do have higher damage output, how is it any different than it is now? No 2 characters have identical stats. I can still kill warriors who are specced to power with my engi who is not.

WvW is about surviving, not damage output. Traits play just as much of a role in stats as gear, and everyone one is traited differently. There will always be someone with higher damage output. It won’t make a lick of a difference.