Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Considering you get a fixed 5 relics per individual fractal, you really think people will want to constantly run the hardest difficulty? A majority of players will go for the quickest and easiest route, as those relics are used to obtain the Ascended gear in the first place. The LFM argument will in turn be opposite of what you claim, people will look for minimum difficulty.

Where does it say it’s fixed at 5 relics per fractal no matter the difficulty? It would make for some insane grind to get those 1300 relic items.

Heck, what the hell are those items in the first place? They got weaker stats than all existing jewelry as far as I see so who would want those? Or maybe they are upgrade components to put in jewelry?

It says, chest at end gives 5 per fractal. Nowhere does it state anymore. every 3 fractals will increase the difficulty one level.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Can we have an official answhere?I think that at this points guys, the game don’t come back to their phylosophy.Why you are here only to delete post like mine before and don’t give us a real answhere?

Read this http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists#.UKT2QkeP4Po.reddit

Full breakdown in new mechanics

So, grinding.

But for some reason you think its required lol.

I think people need to stop the panic and quoting of AN’s statements about gear. And actually GO READ THE NEW MECHANICS AND HOW THE GEAR ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS. And then understand what the content you read says. It states specifically that you don’t need the gear, like straight up. The gear is there to fill the gap for gear grinders. You are not forced to grind for the gear, you are not forced to get the gear to run the new dungeon.

The only problem is WvW, sound like a broken record. But scaling needs to be in place for ascended/legendary’s for WvW…. unless of course as they stated before no rules in WvW, in which case if you are a serious WvW’er you need to get new gear….. but ascended isn’t the gear you should be getting you should be getting legendary gear. Because of the sigil. Which makes exotic still the number one choice in WvW over ascended gear because of the sigil’s. The minor stat boost on ascended does not out weigh the sigil stats on exotic gear.

You simply don’t understand people’s complaint. Its that ANET hasn’t been clear if new content will require will offer better gear than ascended gear and require ascended gear to obtain or not.

The new content sounds great IF IT WASN’T FOR THE LACK OF CLARITY I WOULD BE ECSTATIC.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

So assuming that a fractal takes, in the best case, 15 minutes to complete as they wrote:
Those items cost 1.350 relics.
15 min = 5 relics
1.350 / 5 = 270 (Fractals)
270 * 15 (minutes) = 4050 minutes = 67.5 hours
So 67.5 hours of nonstop fractals for one item.
We have 12 equipment slots NOT including weapons.
810 hours to get items for all 12 slots.
Let’s assume that one day is defined as 12 hours.
And we’re back to 67.5. That is 67.5 days of non-stop dungeons to get all of your equipment this way.
Truly, there’s no grinding in GW2.

Wait… what?
Exotics are easier to farm, to be honest.

I don’t have that amount of time.

That means that GW2 might forever be limited to the content available as of today, for me.

Great show ArenaNet, kkthxbye.

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

Please read this before anyone continues their rampant speculation

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists#.UKT2QkeP4Po.reddit

This will explain the dungeon in full. You get 5 relics per Fractal, 3 fractals before an increase in difficulty. Relics are used to purchase your gear, so it things look alot less random than people thought.

So assuming that a fractal takes, in the best case, 15 minutes to complete as they wrote:
15 min = 5 relics
And we’re back to 67.5. That is 67.5 days of non-stop dungeons to get all of your equipment this way.

They did however state that the rewards increase as you do harder fractals; currently we don’t know how the reward scales with amount of time invested. Besides that, we don’t know what those items that require 1350 tokens actually do (their equipment slots). However, it does seem worrisome.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It says, chest at end gives 5 per fractal. Nowhere does it state anymore. every 3 fractals will increase the difficulty one level.

I’ll just assume the journalists that wrote that are clueless and forgot to check if the relic rewards stay the same when you increase difficulty.

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

Can we have an official answhere?I think that at this points guys, the game don’t come back to their phylosophy.Why you are here only to delete post like mine before and don’t give us a real answhere?

Read this http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists#.UKT2QkeP4Po.reddit

So, grinding.

It’s not like grinding wasn’t present in this game…. people grinded for their exotics, dungeon gear etc…..

The grinding statements made by Anet were mostly in reference to a necessary grinding through levels to get to an “end game”, but people like to take it out of context.

There’s also a lot of people in here making the false assumption that you need to run the new dungeon to receive ascended gear. Not true.

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. "

If you’re not interested in running a “grindy” dungeon, don’t.

Posted by: Sennar.2309

Sennar.2309

I don’t need a guide to new dungeon, i’m an 6 years old player of Gw1, following gw2 whit every blog post, interview etc, and no one devs of arenanet said that they will introduce this time of progression whit gear.In gw1 you don’t need to to dungeon for equip against a condition whit some better gear than the outhers dungeons.We are more people here against this kitten meccanics, you think that we are all stupid and we can’t learn and read somethings about this?

Well, it does spell out how the Agony works pretty clearly, and if you can see how the new tier is not even necessary, and seems pretty easy to obtain.

Simple research would actually calm a vast majority of people down, but they like to post the same quotes over and over again. There’s still no treadmill, Legendaries are still = to the top tier, and they never ever stated that there wouldn’t possibly be a new tier. They’ve explicitly stated new item types would be added in future content in the past, regardless of its new weapon types or new tiers.

Sadly, people in here are only interested in feeding their rage, and making soap-box statements about betrayal and such. It’s like this is some kind of fanatical political rally. Either way! The new content looks great. Can’t wait!

No, cause i love gw1 and no one at arenanet saw that they will introduce this kind of dungeon/grind on gear.
You don’t play Gw1 so you don’t say.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

Dear A-Net,

please let me know when a i will be able to craft all ascended gear without grinding a stupid dungeon over and over again. I´ll come back then.

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Posted by: Jobe.6721

Jobe.6721

Lock gear stats in WvW to Worn Exotic Levels just like sPvP and I won’t care what other PvE gear treadmills they add into the game ever. Let the PvE players grind out the monster gear if that is what they wish to do. Keep all forms of PvP away from that type of gear progression (or regression as some of us see it).

Well there is always the magic PVP stat which is such a great idea(sigh).. Since every other bad idea seems to be on A-nets table atm just thought id throw that in.

tkalamba.2541

I’ll just assume the journalists that wrote that are clueless and forgot to check if the relic rewards stay the same when you increase difficulty.

Probably a safe assumption, which could inturn increase relic acquisition. However, people will still need to eventually lower the difficulty of the dungeon, it will get hard at some point as its an infintely progressing dungeon with modular design.

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

I don’t need a guide to new dungeon, i’m an 6 years old player of Gw1, following gw2 whit every blog post, interview etc, and no one devs of arenanet said that they will introduce this time of progression whit gear.In gw1 you don’t need to to dungeon for equip against a condition whit some better gear than the outhers dungeons.We are more people here against this kitten meccanics, you think that we are all stupid and we can’t learn and read somethings about this?

Well, it does spell out how the Agony works pretty clearly, and if you can see how the new tier is not even necessary, and seems pretty easy to obtain.

Simple research would actually calm a vast majority of people down, but they like to post the same quotes over and over again. There’s still no treadmill, Legendaries are still = to the top tier, and they never ever stated that there wouldn’t possibly be a new tier. They’ve explicitly stated new item types would be added in future content in the past, regardless of its new weapon types or new tiers.

It’s ironic that you say _simple research would actually calm a vast majority of people down, but they like to post the same quotes over and over again. _
If you put a little effort into “simple research” of what people are actually saying and try to understand where they’re coming from, you’d understand there’s nothing to calm anyone down because none of this addresses any of the major concerns.

You say the new Ascended gear is easy to obtain?
Now this will certainly provide a lot to do to the people who got their Legendaries in 2 weeks!

See items that are rewarded based on number of relics? Gift of Ascension, the prototype rings, and infusions…. get those with a bit of effort, and you get your ring…

It’s not rocket science

Aye, I removed that part from my post but not fast enough.

However, prototype rings are not Ascended gear, you can’t infuse them. Also, they seem extremely grindy, especially if you take into consideration more equipment types are coming.

To be honest, I’ve seen enough.
This is not the game I paid for. I’ll wait for an official response to all this mess and expect it to be frank, sincere and to the point, because the only one so far answered nothing. If this is what GW2 is becoming after 3 months of release, I want out while I can still get my money back.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

(edited by cherrie.8907)

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists#.UKT2QkeP4Po.reddit

This will explain the dungeon in full. You get 5 relics per Fractal, 3 fractals before an increase in difficulty. Relics are used to purchase your gear, so it things look alot less random than people thought.

15 min = 5 relics

Let’s keep in mind those costs were for Exotic quality gear that has built in upgrades instead of slots.

Does anyone think Ascended gear will be the same cost?

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

cherrie.8907

And yet we were sold on “we don’t want to make the same boring grind.”
So much for innovation.

oh but wait, it’s not the same grind, we are different!

-Mike Obrien

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

So, grinding.

I think people need to stop the panic and quoting of AN’s statements about gear. And actually GO READ THE NEW MECHANICS AND HOW THE GEAR ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS. And then understand what the content you read says. It states specifically that you don’t need the gear, like straight up. The gear is there to fill the gap for gear grinders. You are not forced to grind for the gear, you are not forced to get the gear to run the new dungeon.

The only problem is WvW, sound like a broken record. But scaling needs to be in place for ascended/legendary’s for WvW…. unless of course as they stated before no rules in WvW, in which case if you are a serious WvW’er you need to get new gear….. but ascended isn’t the gear you should be getting you should be getting legendary gear. Because of the sigil. Which makes exotic still the number one choice in WvW over ascended gear because of the sigil’s. The minor stat boost on ascended does not out weigh the sigil stats on exotic gear.

You simply don’t understand people’s complaint. Its that ANET hasn’t been clear if new content will require will offer better gear than ascended gear and require ascended gear to obtain or not.

The new content sounds great IF IT WASN’T FOR THE LACK OF CLARITY I WOULD BE ECSTATIC.

Well a good majority of the complaints here are largely based on a misinformation and lack of actually reading about the new stuff.

They said they would build on infusions, they didn’t say they would build on gear. So I am thinking that new dungeons will also be progressive and at a certain point you will require a special infusion based on that dungeon….something along those lines. Thats pure speculation though….. just like everything else here regarding gear treadmills and gating.

Posted by: Freohr.7905

Freohr.7905

To be honest, I’ve seen enough.
This is not the game I paid for. I’ll wait for an official response to all this mess and expect it to be frank, sincere and to the point, because the only one so far answered nothing. If this is what GW2 is becoming after 3 months of release, I want out while I can still get my money back.

I think if they were going to respond they would have done it some time ago. No, they’re just going to shove this patch in everyone’s faces and see if its successful or not. I don’t care if it is successful or if it crashes and burns anymore, ArenaNet has already lost all credibility for me personally. I won’t trust a kitten thing that comes out their lying mouths. Congrats on becoming just another sleazy corporate company that places money above sticking to their principles and their dream of what makes a great game, ArenaNet. You’re officially sell-outs.

If having a bigger blob means victory then you will blob.
Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal.

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

Well there is always the magic PVP stat which is such a great idea(sigh).. Since every other bad idea seems to be on A-nets table atm just thought id throw that in.

Let’s avoid “Resilience” type stats for as long as humanly possible. >_<!

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

stof.9341

Let’s keep in mind those costs were for Exotic quality gear that has built in upgrades instead of slots.

Those items showed are weird. They are worthless cause the stats suck compared to any exotic 80 item one can get already.

Unless they are back pieces or items to socket into jewelry. They might be back pieces if you compare them to the ascended one showed earlier. They’d end up being a precursor for the Mystic Forge then?

tkalamba.2541

So, grinding.

Well a good majority of the complaints here are largely based on a misinformation and lack of actually reading about the new stuff.

They said they would build on infusions, they didn’t say they would build on gear. So I am thinking that new dungeons will also be progressive and at a certain point you will require a special infusion based on that dungeon….something along those lines. Thats pure speculation though….. just like everything else here regarding gear treadmills and gating.

Considering the Modular design of the existing dungeon, they could very well just add more fractals with new infusions and that would accomplish the future content for Infusions. It will still limit it all to just this one dungeon.

cherrie.8907

15 min = 5 relics

I find this to be a rhetorical question: Ascended is to have better stats than Exotic, and so far better stats (higher tier) => higher cost.
Also, Ascended gear was implemented to provide our content locusts something to focus on, so I can’t imagine they would make it “easy to get”.

-Mike Obrien

Posted by: Cutterslaine.2689

Cutterslaine.2689

Yea they must have missed it, because 5 per fractal would be unbelievably bad.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

>> im done this thread is out of control…. blind hate everywhere. Theres a few clear minded folks here that aren’t blindly freaking out over everything so thanks for those debates. As to the rest of you calling AN a sleazy company and raging about everything and how your quitting….. really use your eyes go read, better yet read and actually understand what it is your reading. Then calm yourself.

tkalamba.2541

Those items showed are weird. They are worthless cause the stats suck compared to any exotic 80 item one can get already.

Unless they are back pieces or items to socket into jewelry. They might be back pieces if you compare them to the ascended one showed earlier. They’d end up being a precursor for the Mystic Forge then?

I would think Mystic forge is more than likely.

replicant.3620

Let’s just go back to the Rune/Insignia system of Guild Wars.

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

I can’t decide what is more disgusting: the fact that this entire dungeon’s design spits in the face of everything Guild Wars is supposed to be about or the fact that they’re shoving this content down our throats despite the massive public outcry.

Posted by: TheIronFistOfDeath.3016

TheIronFistOfDeath.3016

>> im done this thread is out of control…. blind hate everywhere. Theres a few clear minded folks here that aren’t blindly freaking out over everything so thanks for those debates. As to the rest of you calling AN a sleazy company and raging about everything and how your quitting….. really use your eyes go read, better yet read and actually understand what it is your reading. Then calm yourself.

I’m hoping they do quit at this point. Better community for the rest of us. You certainly had more patience than I.

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

So, grinding.

I think the point is, they also didn’t say they wouldn’t build on gear. With this change, which many players feel has gone directly against their manifesto, we are left wondering whether we will now start to see further tiered sets released with future content updates.

Arenanet has since released a statement trying to calm the furore, but it hasn’t worked. Due to their lack of clarity, there are still unanswered questions about their philosophy on gear updates going forward. Most people just want to see a ’don’t worry folks, this is a one off deal and we have no intention of adding more and more sets as we go forward’. Instead we get ’don’t worry folks, we don’t intend on adding more sets every three months’.

See the difference?

(edited by Mandrax.7342)

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

" So say you’ve completed a few fractal runs and have access to scale 3 difficulty, your group disbands, and you head back into Lion’s Arch to form a new group. If one of the group members is currently only at scale 1 difficulty, that will be what the rest of the group is set at until you complete more fractals to advance the difficulty scale higher "

So how can any one say players will not be locked out, this is not a gateing mechanic.

Say i take a break for a few months i come back all is see is

LFM FOTM lvl 13 only!

Talk about dividing your community.

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Well, since there is no word from ANET on how this will pan out, it looks like today is my last day playing GW2. Vertical gear progression kill shot.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Spryt.8012

Spryt.8012

Wow that sounds like Diablo 3. Run same stuff over and over on harder and harder difficulty to get better loot so you can do next level.

…and what’s wrong about that, Diablo is a great success after all. Once the grind set in, the playerbase expanded like mad!

Right.

Oh, I’ve mentioned it before but I’m saying it again: I deleted my credit card information from the game. Telling them that you don’t spend anymore doesn’t change a thing. Show them that you mean it!

Nothing wrong with Diablo, I enjoyed it a lot. But not enough to play same story over and over again. It keeps success because you can buy/sell gear. Just hope this isn’t first step towards real money trade post in GW2…

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Honestly, I don’t care how you play your games. I don’t care if you like flavor-of-the-month content or not, or if you want better stats or not, or whatever.

If ANet thinks they can be more successful with a different philosophy, even that doesn’t really bother me. What bothers me is when a company decides to completely change its design direction without any sort of accountability to their fan and consumer base.

Honestly, they don’t have to change anything. I just want someone to come out and say “we decided to take it in a different direction, we hope you like it” rather than pretend that they haven’t been leading us all on.

I’m not feeling like there’s much incentive to give someone money when they won’t tell me exactly how they are going to use it.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Here is what will happen for me:

1. I will try to get online while the event is running, to have some fun the way ANet told us it would be.

2. I will explore the new landmass, all of it, and I will enjoy it, because most of all, I’m an explorer.

3. I will take a break till all this mess is solved.

A dungeon grinder? For hundrets and hundrets of tokens to get the best gear (to have an edge in Wv3)? I expected GW2 to be something else, sorry.

stof.9341

What I read is clear. Baring some completely unannounced way to make use of my exotic jewelry, I’m down 15g per set of pure wastage. With two sets and my current savings, I’d already be sporting two T3 parts by now if I had knew.

But it can still be saved, just announce ONE thing that says that my exotic gear is worth more than salvage value (and NPC sell value for the jewelry obviously) and I’ll go from disgusted to grumbling about the extra grind added between me and my T3 set and Legendary weapon.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

So, grinding.

It’s not like grinding wasn’t present in this game…. people grinded for their exotics, dungeon gear etc…..

The grinding statements made by Anet were mostly in reference to a necessary grinding through levels to get to an “end game”, but people like to take it out of context.

There’s also a lot of people in here making the false assumption that you need to run the new dungeon to receive ascended gear. Not true.

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. "

If you’re not interested in running a “grindy” dungeon, don’t.

there are real issues of miscommunication by the company, and they arent clearing at all, and this can go inb only one direction, worse, and worse.

1)they dont clear if the ascendend tier is the last tier in terms of stats, or if with future content\expansion they are going to increase item stats and level cap too.

2)they dont clear how infusion work, we only know that provide as sideeffect agony resistance

3)someone of us (me included) dont understand why release this new tier, update by update, when one of their statement was: “WHEN ITS READY”… and this tier its not ready!

i think that as customer, i have the right to have some clear information.
I dont like to act like a kitten… but i dont like to be fooled too.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: pregnable.1954

pregnable.1954

Does anyone else find it amusing that people will now be “LFG for FotM”? It’s almost like that was intentional.

Yeah, it is almost like this update is a complete joke as it goes against everything the game was supposed to be about.

The commando update looked more serious that this one.

At this point they could say, “just kidding” and it would make total sense lol.

Start looking for hidden messages in the lost shores posts. I would, but no.

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

So they trash a mechanic like the trinity so players would not be divided and standing in Lion’s Arch shouting in map chat ….. Need tank….Need Healer, …but instead build endgame content that will have players shouting into map chat …need player for fractal level 3 ….. need player for fractal level 4?

Isn’t this putting up a new wall that players have to leap over to play together, then combine this with the need for the infusions ….yuk.

“So say you’ve completed a few fractal runs and have access to scale 3 difficulty, your group disbands, and you head back into Lion’s Arch to form a new group. If one of the group members is currently only at scale 1 difficulty, that will be what the rest of the group is set at until you complete more fractals to advance the difficulty scale higher.”

I got an idea for end game Arena Net …. Let’s just fix Orr

Posted by: Trollface.9186

Trollface.9186

Bring back GW1’s devs, otherwise your brand new game is already failed.

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

Sadly, people in here are only interested in feeding their rage, and making soap-box statements about betrayal and such. It’s like this is some kind of fanatical political rally. Either way! The new content looks great. Can’t wait!

No, cause i love gw1 and no one at arenanet saw that they will introduce this kind of dungeon/grind on gear.
You don’t play Gw1 so you don’t say.

You’re right. I don’t. There’s a rather good reason for that. I heavily disliked gw1. I would not want Guild Wars 2 to be like the original game. I expect the developer to add new content. I also expect them to hold to their manifesto.

I do not feel they’ve added a gear treadmill. I also do not feel that exotic gear, and the upgrade component system they’ve run with throughout the entire game will be rendered irrelevant.

My point of view, like your own, is based upon vague information and a sizable amount of speculation. Unlike you, I’ve decided to wait and see what we get. Rather than rant like a lunatic on a street corner.

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

Right but why would you be repeating it to begin with if your not a progression player? Its no more difficult skill wise then the first other then you taking more damage from a dot. If you are sitting there repeating it to the point where you need the new mitigation, why is there a complaint about your exotic gear being obsolete? When its really not.

They are trying to give progressive players something to do. If you are a casual player your exotic gear is still top of the line well besides legendary gear which most people wont even attempt to get because its so time consuming.

I really don’t understand why it’s so difficult.
Right now I’ve got full exotic gear. I can do whatever I want knowing my gear is not limiting me.

That’s exactly why I invested time and gold in having a full exotic set of armor and weapons. Because we were led to believe this way our gear wouldn’t have been a limiting factor ever again.

Now it’s a limiting factor again. For now, just in the difficulty levels of the Fractals that go above a certain numer. After a few patches who knows.

You are fine that a company lies to you and makes your time investments less and less relevant. I don’t, especially since they advertised they wouldn’t. Simple as that.

tkalamba.2541

" So say you’ve completed a few fractal runs and have access to scale 3 difficulty, your group disbands, and you head back into Lion’s Arch to form a new group. If one of the group members is currently only at scale 1 difficulty, that will be what the rest of the group is set at until you complete more fractals to advance the difficulty scale higher "

So how can any one say players will not be locked out, this is not a gateing mechanic.

LFM FOTM lvl 13 only!

People will hit a difficulty wall in an infinitely scaling dungeon. You will need to go back to lower difficulty runs, which will mean there will be a demand for low difficulty people.

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

Moreover: “you don’t have to do it” is the same crock that’s been vomitted out of every WoW clone to date. It’s like I never left. New MMO: same as the other MMOs.

Time and money that could make real content is being diverted to develop this tripe, after we were very clearly led to expect otherwise. I am not remotely mollified.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

I really don’t understand why it’s so difficult.
Right now I’ve got full exotic gear. I can do whatever I want knowing my gear is not limiting me.

That’s exactly why I invested time and gold in having a full exotic set of armor and weapons. Because we were led to believe this way our gear wouldn’t have been a limiting factor ever again.

Now it’s a limiting factor again. For now, just in the difficulty levels of the Fractals that go above a certain numer. After a few patches who knows.

You are fine that a company lies to you and makes your time investments less and less relevant. I don’t, especially since they advertised they wouldn’t. Simple as that.

I had to repost this because it’s 100% my feelings about this.

Havn’t logged on since monday. Oh wait, that’s not true. I logged on for half a minute to delete my credit card information from the game.

Posted by: Murdernickle.7590

Murdernickle.7590

Does anyone else find it amusing that people will now be “LFG for FotM”? It’s almost like that was intentional.

Yeah, it is almost like this update is a complete joke as it goes against everything the game was supposed to be about.

The commando update looked more serious that this one.

At this point they could say, “just kidding” and it would make total sense lol.

Start looking for hidden messages in the lost shores posts. I would, but no.

There is somewhat of a joke.. Fractals of the Mists shortens to FOTM which is an acronym for Flavor of the Month… basically how content locusts treat games.

Maguuma | Ione Nightshade: Thief | Ione Oleander: Warrior | Ione Cheval: Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

LFM FOTM lvl 13 only!

People will hit a difficulty wall in an infinitely scaling dungeon. You will need to go back to lower difficulty runs, which will mean there will be a demand for low difficulty people.

Who are you kitten. In a grind, players go the most efficient way. They will do lower level difficulties with higher gear level players to farm faster. If you think they will just take “lowbies” with them, you might be very young in matters of MMOs…

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

LFM FOTM lvl 13 only!

Historicaly this is not so, higher levels drop better goods.

When people have been farming the lower level tires with poor drops their is no incentive to take lower levels they want to continue until they can complete it.

that’s like saying people are sick of the mobs in Orr so don’t worry they go back to low level areas to farm just not true.

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

15 min = 5 relics

So horribly disappointing. Like being offerec a huge plate of warm cookies (the patch) with a huge, nasty long hair (ascended gear) lying right in the middle of it.

Note: Lying IS the word I meant to use even though laying is grammatically correct.. it just seemed so right in this case.

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I like how Anet is still not giving us clear information. Come on your community is begging for answers we waited forever for this game and “when its ready” worked then. Now is a completely different story you have our money and we want answers!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

15 min = 5 relics

So horribly disappointing. Like being offerec a huge plate of warm cookies (the patch) with a huge, nasty long hair (ascended gear) lying right in the middle of it.

Note: Lying IS the word I meant to use even though laying is grammatically correct.. it just seemed so right in this case.

I would remove the hair, and eat the cookies.

I still have a faint sliver of hope ANet does that with Lost Shores.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

They aren’t going to come on here and speak about it. They are just going to jam this system down the throats of their customer base and see the effect on it’s customer base and revenue stream. If it’s too negative of an effect they will back track.

Don’t expect much from them as far as communication and honestly don’t believe much that comes from them. They haven’t been upfront about this and I doubt they ever will.

No they are fraud people.In all of this years if you see blog post, interview etc no one tell that they will introduce this kitten.If i saw that they will do one day, i will not buy Gw2.

Honest to God – I never thought this of the ANet team.

I’ve followed this game since before BWE # 1, and while changes have been made I never lost trust in their team. They adhered to the stated design philosophy, and in my opinion they released an amazing game. I have never enjoyed a game like this since Ultima Online.

It had bugs and balance issues, but I honestly don’t care. It had hackers and glitches, and I don’t care.

I never once badmouthed their team, and I even said “okay, I was wrong on that – much respect to you guys ANet”. Check my post history, I have nothing to hide.

But this time it’s different. I don’t trust many game companies, but I trusted this one.

I don’t even think I will go back to GW1 after this. This may seem all chicken little and overly dramatic to some of you guys… but you have to understand there are no other options for a game built on horizontal progression. This was it, and now it is gone.

It matters to me.

Sadly the Anet that made GW1 isn’t the same Anet that made GW2. Which is becoming more and more apparent with this patch.

Ya add me to that list too… I really don’t know what to think of this but I lost allot of trust in ANet …..ley seem to be pandering to the gear progression centric crowd, but that’s a cup your not going to fill with this update … by the end of the week it will be add more…more…more …. then what?

I really would like to hear something decisive as what direction they intend to go in before I spend any more of my free time in this game……I’ll take one slap in the face, I’m not going to set myself up for another.

replicant.3620

The Fractal Level exclusions that are going to happen scarily remind me of FFXI where I sat in Jeuno with LFG on not getting groups for hours because my Monk at certain levels didn’t work with the best Renkei combos for leveling.

tkalamba.2541

LFM FOTM lvl 13 only!

Who are you kitten. In a grind, players go the most efficient way. They will do lower level difficulties with higher gear level players to farm faster. If you think they will just take “lowbies” with them, you might be very young in matters of MMOs…

Do you not understand how this dungeon works?

The difficulty will increase constantly, and is determined by the LOWEST common level of difficulty. 4/5 guys can be at level 15 difficulty, but 1 at level 2, the dungeon will then be at level 2. This means you will NEED lower level people for efficiency. You can’t just toggle the difficulty, its based on the a common level achieved. If you entire group is at level 15, the difficulty will be 15, and if you can’t progress, you have no choice but to take lower level people.