Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jehuty.9608

Jehuty.9608

I haven’t logged in since I heard about the “ascended gear grind”, and I skipped the event completely, before this I was logging in 8+hrs almost everyday. The though of logging in and playing now and showing ANet any type of support sickens me…I’ve lost all desire to play. Like everyone here I got suckered into believing the Manifesto video, and all great ideas they were promising, I feel so stupid now for having fell for it all hook, line, and sinker…never again, lesson learned.

There’s more that I would like to say, but it’s already been said in these 200+ pages, it’s all falling on deaf ears anyway. I’m done with GW2 and ANet/NCsoft, I’ll never spend another dime on your lies, goodbye all, it was fun while it lasted.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

“Think about it logically. Do you think they created this last event and the FotM instance, along with all the gear in the last two months?”

Of course not. FotM took a long time to make. The gear models probably took a while to make too.

However, the stats and new tier was obviously a last minute addition. It’s really really easy to add stuff like tiers and stats, considering it’s as simple as looking on your database and just modifying numbers.

Now, how about you try thinking logically and sanely.

So the whole idea of needing infusions was just something they threw together when? Last week, last month, two months ago? The instance is built around the need for infusions.

Something like that isn’t a function you just change by flicking around a few numbers in a database.

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Take a chillpill. For real? You really don’t think they care nor read the posts? I’m 100% sure ANet will post a big blogpost or something about this very soon. This complaints are huge and they can’t make sudden changes. They really have to rethink everything now and the risk of giving a fast answer is that they will just make a bigger mess and have to re-do the whole thing many times = confusion in the community. There is a very big crowd who’s left the game because the lack of progression, let’s face it. And ANet has to balance it all out to bring back that crowd into the game. And that’s what I thing was ANets intention. I don’t think ANet was expecting this kind of rage.
Give them some time before complaining like 8yo kids.

You know, they could start by aknowledging the feedback.

“We are reading your feedback on the forums and are aware of the controversy that was caused by some of the changes that were introduced in the last patch. We are addressing things internally and will respond officially soon.”

Or something to that extent.

Silence on something that is clearly felt as important by the community is never a good idea. And no, I don’t count Chris Whiteside’s as a real asnwer.

Not only that, but also the Q\A on kotaku give us no real answer.
And i think that was the perfect event to chill out the community.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: Orion.7264

Orion.7264

Be rational, guys; if they had ANY intentions of reverting the stats on Ascended gear to exotic tier, or making any sort of change in that direction, they would have disabled the acquisition of Ascended gear while they worked on a solution so people who got it wouldn’t QQ after. The silence, and lack of even a “we hear you and are discussing the issue” is just proof that they have no intention of changing Ascended gear. They were obviously blindsided by this much negative reaction, but seeing as this was apparently a reaction to “no progression gear treadmill like all the others, QQ”, they have turtled up. Being burned by responding to one request has left them unwilling to respond to others, and so instead of addressing the problem they are simply ducking down and charging ahead, hoping to blind zerg their way through this mess and win out. It’s like when a bunch of noobs start attacking a keep in WvW and then realize they’re outnumbered and it’s too well defended; they never retreat, they just keep charging until they wipe. It’s that sort of mindset.

Arenanet lies.

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

So I boycotted the event, and am glad to see this thread still going strong today! ANet kept saying ‘wait and see’… We waited, we saw, and we’re still angry!

And not only do they not care, they don’t care so hard they won’t even read our posts or acknowledge our anger.

Take a chillpill. For real? You really don’t think they care nor read the posts? I’m 100% sure ANet will post a big blogpost or something about this very soon. This complaints are huge and they can’t make sudden changes. They really have to rethink everything now and the risk of giving a fast answer is that they will just make a bigger mess and have to re-do the whole thing many times = confusion in the community. There is a very big crowd who’s left the game because the lack of progression, let’s face it. And ANet has to balance it all out to bring back that crowd into the game. And that’s what I thing was ANets intention. I don’t think ANet was expecting this kind of rage.
Give them some time before complaining like 8yo kids.

Yes, I really honestly think at this point they are just waiting for the thread to die a quiet death. Which, it will.

They will not address the new tier of gear. They might address the massive lag and such for the weekend event, and may even decide to run it one more time.

They will never again speak about the Ascended gear. No, seriously.

I don’t think you quite understand what ANet once was. They showed me the problem with MMOs. They gave speeches on the subject. They wrote long, enlightening pieces about MMO issues and how to solve them.

And now, they have been bought out at a corporate level and pushed to the backseat.

Nexon/NCSoft/ArenaNet will never acknowledge what they have done with this addition. They aren’t going to address us. They may or may not be reading these anymore, and as much as they might or might not want to respond they simply won’t.

I’ll give them all the time in the world, but it won’t make a bit of difference.

GW2 is what it is now, and there is no going back. They will never again recapture that rebel attitude, that groundbreaking manifesto, or the adoration of thousands of gamers who came here on the rare bright promise of a development team with experience and success.

Nobody else has the political capital to try to pull off a move like this. If anyone could do it, ANet could do it. If ANet can’t do it, nobody can.

ArenaNet is now just a shell company.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Orion.7264

“Think about it logically. Do you think they created this last event and the FotM instance, along with all the gear in the last two months?”

Of course not. FotM took a long time to make. The gear models probably took a while to make too.

However, the stats and new tier was obviously a last minute addition. It’s really really easy to add stuff like tiers and stats, considering it’s as simple as looking on your database and just modifying numbers.

Now, how about you try thinking logically and sanely.

So the whole idea of needing infusions was just something they threw together when? Last week, last month, two months ago? The instance is built around the need for infusions.

Something like that isn’t a function you just change by flicking around a few numbers in a database.

The instance is NOT built around the need for infusions. It already scaled in difficulty with mob adds and overall HP/Damage, and nothing inside any of the fractals points to the presence of infusion in the design process. It’s just another mechanic that, yes, they CAN make at the last minute; just add in a little: if(level)>10, then (Agony)x(level/base). The actual agony mechanic is easy as balls to code, because it’s simply an ever-present health drain.

Arenanet lies.

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

I think ascended/infusions would’ve gone down a lot easier without a gating mechanic or dungeon content funnel. That combined with a tier, and the jaunty tone of the blog post, were like the recipe for a perfect storm.

If ANet needs to keep us all chasing +1s to pay the bills, they should ensure all players can.

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

Be rational, guys; if they had ANY intentions of reverting the stats on Ascended gear to exotic tier, or making any sort of change in that direction, they would have disabled the acquisition of Ascended gear while they worked on a solution so people who got it wouldn’t QQ after. The silence, and lack of even a “we hear you and are discussing the issue” is just proof that they have no intention of changing Ascended gear. They were obviously blindsided by this much negative reaction, but seeing as this was apparently a reaction to “no progression gear treadmill like all the others, QQ”, they have turtled up. Being burned by responding to one request has left them unwilling to respond to others, and so instead of addressing the problem they are simply ducking down and charging ahead, hoping to blind zerg their way through this mess and win out. It’s like when a bunch of noobs start attacking a keep in WvW and then realize they’re outnumbered and it’s too well defended; they never retreat, they just keep charging until they wipe. It’s that sort of mindset.

As time passes, what you say seems more and more likely. Yet, if they completely ignore a reaction of this magnitude, it could backfire on them big time.

If I was them, I’d be more afraid of when we STOP posting here. That’s when even those that still give them the benefit of the doubt (someone could say we are naive) are gone and so are most of their loyal followers that are around since GW1.

Managing to lose a player base you have built in seven years of activity just because you mismanaged (although severely) a single situation would be an unjustifiable waste.

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

In some ways, this new direction also leaves me disappointed.

1.) It does seem like Anet abandoned some of it’s original design goals. I feel these changes really contradict the GW2 “Manifesto” and Mike O’Brien’s own words.
2.) Gear progression is really a treadmill as the game just get balanced around the new numbers anyway. You end up running just to stay in place
3.) Power creep just ends up making a ton of game content effectively “obsolete”.
4.) When you offer one type of gameplay as the straightest path to the “best rewards” you end up inducing your player base to overly partake in that form of gameplay, which leaves the rest of the game empty.

Sadly, I worry that the “ascended gear” move is likely to end up siphoning off the player base into instances which will effectively hamper the rest of the game because the player base will no longer be in the “world” interacting with each other which is what makes and MMOG an MMOG.

I really wish Arenanet had stuck to their guns and focused on “open, real world pve” over the instanced experience. I know a lot of the events can seem zergy or barren at times (most of the time actually) but I think the game would be better off if they had fixed those issues rather than just give carrots and “stuff to do” in instances.

The world really didn’t need another WoW clone, even though I love WoW.

Couldn’t agree with this more! Their efforts would have been better spent on polishing and adding to the open world end game.

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

i think this too, when this thread will be definitely dead, it will mean that in that moment no one of us care about the destiny of this game

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: NastyPiggy.2046

NastyPiggy.2046

I just don’t get why they couldn’t just just make any gear with the ability to add infusion slots and kept the stats of the new gear the same. You still get to grind for the ability to create the infusion slots and then the infusion items WITHOUT changing stats.

This is just trying to keep a certain % of people in game grinding in hopes that a small percentage of people will buy gems… never realizing the negative effect could be losing your loyal base of players who have followed this game’s development for years only to have them go in a completely different direction in the 3rd month of release.

I paid for a game that had a manifesto that said…

GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun

http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto

This game has went away from this, so what else will this game “evolve” to that it said it would never do?

To take it one step further… how can I believe them that this game won’t “evolve” to a monthly fee game? I mean they hooked everyone on their manfesto and changed it, why couldn’t they do this on the monthly fee. Sure… the base game could still be free but if you want the rest of it, time to pay up!

If an ArenaNet person has time, could you let your customer base know exactly when you decided to alter your manifesto and why you didn’t make that public? You make the manifesto public but non of the decisions to sway from there.

It’s one thing to have a game change(they all do it), it’s another thing to change a game to the things you said you weren’t going to do and that’s exactly what you’re doing.

(edited by NastyPiggy.2046)

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/19/flameseeker-chronicles-guild-wars-2s-lost-shores-recap/

Elisabeth Cardy just put up a “Lost Shores” recap article at massively. She doesn’t even mention the Ascended armor debacle, or this thread.

I mean … really? It’s not even worth mentioning?

Ya, many fan site based news is that way, they worry about not getting there interview or pre-view look of the next project if they report on something negative.

Could be she’s holding out on reporting on the issues until she’s had a chance to see the effects of what’s going on first hand.

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun

Also, I think thet whoever purchased the game because of that manifesto, deserves that ArenaNet has the guts to tell us in our face “Yes we have changed direction because the manifesto didn’t work.”

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/19/flameseeker-chronicles-guild-wars-2s-lost-shores-recap/

Elisabeth Cardy just put up a “Lost Shores” recap article at massively. She doesn’t even mention the Ascended armor debacle, or this thread.

Ya, many fan site based news is that way, they worry about not getting there interview or pre-view look of the next project if they report on something negative.

Could be she’s holding out on reporting on the issues until she’s had a chance to see the effects of what’s going on first hand.

Listen to the latest GuildCast – she’s on there (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/guild-wars-video/guildcast-guild-wars-show/) although it was before the content was released. It sure sounded like she was in favor of the changes, but TBH – I think they didn’t want to say much, it seemed they were employing a “wait & see” attitude, which is fine.

Posted by: Nerth.3940

Nerth.3940

Yeah, fan sites/blogs are usually the worst when it comes to controversy. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see this shift in game design and if we learned anything from all “failed” MMOs is that wait and see approach doesn’t cut in. If it smells like kitten, looks like kitten it probably is kitten.

People were using the same argument when the TORtanic phrase was coined. Where all the “whiners” or whatever you want to call them wrong? Unfortunately no, some people have a long history of playing MMOs and can see past the PR BS. “Wait and see” is the same PR BS.

If it’s not announced don’t count on it and even then take it with a grain of salt. New dances for WoW characters anyone?

Posted by: Tomcat.8375

Tomcat.8375

Another first time poster in this thread;. I’ve been following this from the get go and man am I disappointed. The entire reason I purchased this game was for the casual attitude and lack of gear grind. I have two guilds, one small with 4 players, the other larger with somewhere in the teens. I also know 5 other people personally who I have classes with. Both guilds and everyone I’ve talked to hate what ArenaNet has done. Most people’s reactions when they hear about the new tier = throws hands up and says something along the lines of “another failed WoW clone.” They proceed to say they are done with the game. I’ve purchased two accounts, one for my sister who played WoW with me. The reason we quit was the subscription cost and the grind/dailies. We wanted something casual. I purchased her account within the 6 month time frame, we will be applying for a refund. However I preordered mine, so I guess I’m kittened.

Honestly guys, this thread should have invoked some response, but it hasn’t.
But what can we do? IMO go to amazon and tell the other naive consumers what you really think about this game. You want to make a legal impact? Bad reviews at places who sell this game. A flood of bad reviews right before the holidays? That’s one way to be heard.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TOQ8X4/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

Some other thoughts…

To fix this, remove agony and ascended gear. OR make ascended gear identical to exotics and the infusion slots not affect normal stats. (admittedly there is a TON of ways to undo this mistake).

If ascended gear would have been introduced a year down the line in a brand new expansion pack, i would have been fine with it. New level cap? New gear is expected… but 3 months? I just bought my karma gear, and have full exotics… now in a few months all my gear is obsolete? just because I’m a college student with a job and life? 180 on philosophy of this game, sickens me.

NastyPiggy.2046

Also, I think thet whoever purchased the game because of that manifesto, deserves that ArenaNet has the guts to tell us in our face “Yes we have changed direction because the manifesto didn’t work.”

Do they believe they’ll make money in gems from the grinders? They’re the ones that don’t have to worry about in money game because they play enough to make it with selling items to vendors or the Trading Post.

I’d think the people who were going to buy gems with real money are the casual players who don’t want to grind, play at their own pace and if they can get what they want with 20 bucks, the do it. Right now they’ve alienated a good portion of that population. Sure hope they catered to the group of people they’ll make the most money off of.

NastyPiggy.2046

Do they believe they’ll make money in gems from the grinders? They’re the ones that don’t have to worry about in money game because they play enough to make it with selling items to vendors or the Trading Post.

I’d think the people who were going to buy gems with real money are the casual players who don’t want to grind, play at their own pace and if they can get what they want with 20 bucks, the do it. Right now they’ve alienated a good portion of that population. Sure hope they catered to the group of people they’ll make the most money off of.

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

I don’t expect a solution post, I do expect a post of: “We are listening and hear your concerns. We offer our apologies for any potential distress this has caused. We want to review the situation and carefully conciser all options”

I did not expect the hunker down and ignore it approach from these guys and gals.

Silence is one of many PR tactics when something blows up like this. Bioware tried the same thing during the ME3 fiasco and SWTOR decline. They kept silent even when people pointed out the false statements they made about the product just a few weeks before release and the serious issues with SWTOR.

I read an interesting post by a person in the PR field for years. He called them out on choosing this approach and pointed out the negative impact it would.

Now let’s move forward. As of today, the founders of Bioware are gone. Both left at the same time. Bioware’s brand is hurting (loyal fans have stated and shown they will no longer support them). SWTOR is now free-to-play less than a year after launch. SWTOR division has had two consecutive layoffs. Some of the key leads in design/development and community management have quit.

I keep bringing up Bioware because I thought gaming companies would have learned from their mistakes. It was a great case study for brand/customer loyalty and what happens when you anger, frustrate, piss off your core customer base. You cannot cannibalize the core features of your product and expect customers to accept it. You cannot make definitive statements about your product and then change after launch without causing many to feel betrayed and deceived.

I guess it will take another lesson before the next gaming company gets it.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Go post reviews on Amazon. Let your voice be heard by millions who are shopping for holiday gifts.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Tomcat.8375

Posted by: Radium.5176

Radium.5176

Hmm yeah lets don’t do that. I mean i am not happy with the gear change at all. But that would just show what raging little kids we all are.

Tomcat.8375

Or it would show that we stand by what we say. We can stay here in this thread and pout about it, or we can try to do something that will make a difference.

If I were purchasing this game today, I would want to know what that ArenaNet did a 180 on their advertising.

Orion.7264

No, what it would do is show that a sizable portion of the player base is dissatisfied, and create an incentive for Arenanet to at least communicate with that player base, or receive well-deserved negative reviews.

Arenanet lies.

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

If you guys want coverage, what you need to do is a protest in game, that be recorded, streamed, screen shoted.

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

Nerth.3940

It doesn’t matter, mutiny has never worked in any game apart from EvE Online because of studio-publisher relationship. CCP is the developer and the publisher of the game. They care because their studio existence is directly linked to player subs.

NC Soft makes a killing in Korea and EA is still making a killing despite all the player rage against them. Go figure.

Swoo.5079

It doesn’t matter, mutiny has never worked in any game apart from EvE Online because of studio-publisher relationship. CCP is the developer and the publisher of the game. They care because their studio existence is directly linked to player subs.

NC Soft makes a killing in Korea and EA is still making a killing despite all the player rage against them. Go figure.

Actually NC Soft shares took a 50% hit in the last 12 months, http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/036570:KS .

Likewise EA stocks dropped 33% in the last 12 months, http://www.google.com/finance?cid=168725 .

So, neither will be happy.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

My guess is they’re hoping for wannabe grinders. People with stat hamster mentalities but more money than time to actually pursue the grind.

Remember, you have to grind this gear to some extent, but you can drastically shorten that grind by pulling out your wallet and buying gems, then exchanging those gems for gold. So take your average ex-raider who grew up and got a job but never lost the desire to have the best gear in the game. What is that player likely to do? Grind what he/she can, and spend the money to make up the difference.

I’m completely against this and what I hope happens is that these guys get very fed up as more gear tiers get released in the future (assuming they do).

But even if they do get fed up, I’ll be surprised if they don’t spend money first.

More money than non-grinders who quit were going to spend on more character slots and bank space and fluff? Maybe. I hope not, but maybe.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: SimianChaos.3219

SimianChaos.3219

I’d like to say that first off I have not read this thread, it’s too long. Nor do I intend to.

I am posting in it to draw attention towards a potential solution I have come up with which should please both the ‘Hardcore’ and ‘Casual’ players.

I would very much like to hear opinions and feedback from both sides of the community. Rather then making ANET guess at what we, the community, want by just complaining about the problem we should be offering ideas on how to compromise so everyone is happy.

Posted by: Snapydubi.2307

Snapydubi.2307

I have the feeling that infusion slots wont be active in WvW, making Ascended items equal to exotics and only increasing power in the new dungeons, it makes sense if you see the numbers of stats in this items and that the special slots are not the same as jewel or rune slots. This would make ppl who like grinding go and keep increasing power in PvE, and keep things more fair in WvW. I can bet this is the intention of this items but ppl rage and rush to state uninformed “opinions” about everything… my guess is as good as anybody else but im keeping a positive perspective until we got more info about this items.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

I have the feeling that infusion slots wont be active in WvW, making Ascended items equal to exotics and only increasing power in the new dungeons, it makes sense if you see the numbers of stats in this items and that the special slots are not the same as jewel or rune slots. This would make ppl who like grinding go and keep increasing power in PvE, and keep things more fair in WvW. I can bet this is the intention of this items but ppl rage and rush to state uninformed “opinions” about everything… my guess is as good as anybody else but im keeping a positive perspective until we got more info about this items.

Last I heard, infusions increased stats even more, however, even without them, there is a stat difference between Exotics and Ascended. A considerable one once all the gear is released.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: Gombar.7324

Gombar.7324

They haven’t said anything for the last 5 days…be it about this or other matter concerning the now ended event. Maybe the PR staff at ANet is working overtime to come up with some kind of “explanation”, or there’s something bigger going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about.

Anyway, I do not expect a reply from them any time soon….

Posted by: Michael.6849

Michael.6849

Thanks for the refund.
“The spawn of some demon type cat” you for murdering your own manifesto, and all of its wonderful promises, wish you could have stuck to them.

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

But what can we do? IMO go to amazon and tell the other naive consumers what you really think about this game. You want to make a legal impact? Bad reviews at places who sell this game. A flood of bad reviews right before the holidays? That’s one way to be heard.

Forget Amazon just go do it on Metacritic. Whilst many people do see metacritic as a dumb site, the gaming industry does take it fairly seriously. Currently GW2 got an 8.1 as a user score. That can easily plummet if enough people write a review. The good thing about Metacritic is that even if you’ve already reviewed the game, you can change it, which means if Anet change again in future, you can update your review again.

NastyPiggy.2046

How about an example from the wiki?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Ascended_example.png

Want to have the same stats as everyone else maxed out in WvW… you gotta go PvE grind.

(edited by NastyPiggy.2046)

Nerth.3940

Actually NC Soft shares took a 50% hit in the last 12 months, http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/036570:KS .

Likewise EA stocks dropped 33% in the last 12 months, http://www.google.com/finance?cid=168725 .

Investors won’t be happy but stock market is a sham anyway. Regardless of their stock price they are still making a killing in profit but we’re derailing the conversation so let’s get back on topic or this thread will be locked in a blink of an eye.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

after you repeated FotM enough to get all your ascended gear, will you:

1- stop playing until they add more gear
2- keep grinding whatever to get a legendary
3- pvp/wvwvw
4- roll an alt
5- complain on forum

?
answer with a number.

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

Thanks for the refund.
“The spawn of some demon type cat” you for murdering your own manifesto, and all of its wonderful promises, wish you could have stuck to them.

If I had not have bought a physical copy I would be looking for a refund too. Unfortunately I don’t like digital versions as I’m an old git who likes to have the boxes!

Posted by: LadenSwallow.1468

LadenSwallow.1468

Forget Amazon just go do it on Metacritic. Whilst many people do see metacritic as a dumb site, the gaming industry does take it fairly seriously. Currently GW2 got an 8.1 as a user score. That can easily plummet if enough people write a review. The good thing about Metacritic is that even if you’ve already reviewed the game, you can change it, which means if Anet change again in future, you can update your review again.

I just saw this and signed up to metacritic to add another 0 rating to GW2, and to make the above poster’s feedback more ‘helpful’

Posted by: Avatar.1923

well…

it aint easy right ?
nobody wants to play at being a game designer ?

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

I would have WvWed, if I could have been bothered to grind in the first place :P

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Doesn’t really apply to my style of gaming. With 8 alts, I always have something new to do.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

6: Continue showing the same apathy towards grinding anything.

I log on, do whatever I feel like at the time after a glance at a future goal, and more immediate goals, then log off. And after my ascended gear rolls in, I’ll just keep doing that.

You can get really far in GW2 with a skilled group of friends instead of farming some place.

Posted by: Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

we will always find something to do, if we are not force to do it, in gw1 did any of us stop playing after getting GWAMM or all the best weapon in game? no not really we still had plenty of fun things to do.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

SOE announces cut to PS2 grind by 30% for top tier items at launch just after GW2 releases its own mega grind. Lmao!

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

After doing nothing but grinding for the items for the year and a half it would take to get a full set of ascended, not counting the additional time doing nothing but grinding to get infusions for the ascended gear?

Probably rot in the ground, because I’d slit my wrists somewhere along the way…

And that year-and-a-half is being generous as my dungeon experience to date has been to wait outside the gate trying to find four other people doing level 1 or playing partway through and having members of the group suddenly bounce out to Lion’s Arch for no discernible reason.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I guess there isn’t an option for me there, as I won’t actively be trying to get ascended gear. It sounds like you have to run dungeons to get it, and I don’t care for dungeons. So I’m sticking with WvW and gathering resources so my alts can learn to craft items for themselves as they level up. I’m only going to level one at a time. I have a 45th level Ranger to go with my Elementalist now. I have two friends who recently started, and I use one or the other to tool around with them.

I’m still just trying to figure out how to make money, honestly.

Posted by: Gombar.7324

Gombar.7324

Well, it can’t hurt to tell the truth now, can it?

Swoo.5079

Investors won’t be happy but stock market is a sham anyway. Regardless of their stock price they are still making a killing in profit but we’re derailing the conversation so let’s get back on topic or this thread will be locked in a blink of an eye.

Sure but there profits shrunk quite a bit last few quarters (aside the latest with GW2 and B&S).

Posted by: Halandir.3609

Halandir.3609

None of the above.
Will probably work a bit on map completion every once in a while when I log in.
Not bothering with grinding ascended gear so I will just wait for the expansion that adds new levels and “Mystic” and “Heavenly” gear.