Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

I have 5 sets of exotic gear so I can match how I want to play with my builds. I love that it just has different stats and none are really more powerful then the other allowing me to play how I want to play. Adding gear progression is a horrible idea because it was marketed to us as something that would not happen and not to mention its a small step into other games like wow with every expansion needing new armor, weapons and everything else to do a new dungeon. GW1 did not have a gear progress and that is what I loved about it. In gw1 I spent time getting skills and such compared to armor that is how i looked at it.

I have spent my time getting my self armor and other things besides some legendary weapon that does not fit my necro in anyway shape or form.

Yeah I spent around 30g on item sets for every different spec my char could have, because I enjoyed playing them in different situations.

Come this patch they are going to get replaced.

If I was aware this game would be like WoW or Diablo 3 with gear being replaced every few months then I would not have spent that 30g, nor would I have purchased this game.

Gotta love companies that say whatever they can to get sales these days; even blatant lies.

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Exotics are too easy to acquire, so I don’t mind better gear that’s harder to obtain.

it can be harder to acquire but it shouldn’t be better in term of stats.
it is quite simple to understand.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: DrCereal.1765

DrCereal.1765

Huh, I guess I need to clarify my claim here.

I said that the gear is 26% more powerful not that you are 26% more powerful for equiping it. If you equip an ascended ring, the claim is that the stats you get from your ring contribute to your damage increase by 26%, not that you can kill stuff 26% faster.

This is still true if you equip all ascended gear. You mentioned level 80 base stats. There is also buffs like Might. All of these dampen the difference between a full Ascended and a full Exotic (or full blue for that matter), character. It doesn’t change the fact that the gear itself is 26% more powerful.

I see however, how I might have been a bit misleading in my OP. I will try to amend that.

Posted by: ljaphillips.3497

ljaphillips.3497

Simple way to protest your disagreement.

I for one will continue to play and see where this goes but i’m not happy about the gear stat increase.

So i have deleted my CC information from the Gem store, and will not re-add it until i believe that GW2 is not going to become a Gear Treadmill.

If you want to make a protest but still play then remove your CC information from the GEM Store today. I’m pretty sure the Billing Dept will be tracking such things and if a lot of players remove the CC info it will send a very clear message.

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Just a couple of observations:
1) Your maths used Full geared (ie armour, weapon, accessories) but at the moment Ascended gears only come in backpack and accessories. So the 8% is most likely right.

2) I don’t know if there is any DR in combat so how the 26% increase you quoted may not necessary translated into 26% increase in combat performance.

Also another observation in the whole Ascended gear: It doesn’t matter how much an increase it is. Hyper competitive PvP player like myself will grind for it anyway since it can be use in WvW.

Posted by: Senik.6549

Senik.6549

Ergo, going from full exotic berserker gear, to full Ascended berserker gear increases your damage by, roughly, 26%.

Never mind the fact that a full set of Ascended gear is currently impossible to obtain, and will be for a very long time, according to the devs. So this is really an extrapolation of the next year+ of this game’s evolution, during which time an awful lot of things could change rendering this entire concern moot.

I don’t want a gear treadmill either, but having to collect 2 pieces every 3-4 months hardly seems like a treadmill. It seems more like something to do so I stand less of a chance of getting bored with the game. This is honestly no different than if access to the new content was gated by a key/attunement, or if you had to pay/quest to add the infusion sockets to your existing gear. They way they implemented it just struck a nerve with people.

This has really been a sad week on the forums. You guys are like a bunch of rescue dogs that were ruthlessly beaten with a broom by your previous (MMO) owners, to the point that you now come completely unhinged at antyhing that looks remotely like a broom.

People need to seriously calm down and wait to see how things turn out after the expansion, rather than proclaim the sky is falling.

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Maybe i have time to play other games in december.

They broke one promise (no grind) i bet the next will be Items in Shop.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Just posting my huge: NAAAY! To this Ascended gear crap… Hoping if the amount of unhappy players will make them realize what they are doing is wrong!…

nofo.8469

Just a couple of observations:
1) Your maths used Full geared (ie armour, weapon, accessories) but at the moment Ascended gears only come in backpack and accessories. So the 8% is most likely right.

2) I don’t know if there is any DR in combat so how the 26% increase you quoted may not necessary translated into 26% increase in combat performance.

Also another observation in the whole Ascended gear: It doesn’t matter how much an increase it is. Hyper competitive PvP player like myself will grind for it anyway since it can be use in WvW.

They stated in the blog they intended on adding more ascended items.

As a competitive WvW player I will too, but I would rather not have to.

If they don’t start fleshing out WvW soon or if I have to do too much dungeon crawling to WvW competitively then I am out, along with many others.

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

then you’ll get laughed at because with the information we have available (now), ascended armor (when its available) can’t be slotted with runes nor can ascended weapons be slotted with sigils. we don’t know what the infusions will do, but, likely, it’ll simply add a resistance to the new agony mechanic, thus, making ascended gear obsolete for anywhere, but, the new dungeon with the information we have available currently.

note: this is going off what information we currently have. even then, you don’t need agony resistance to do the fractal, only to continue doing the dungeon the further down you go. plus, we don’t even know how its applied. it could be dodge-able/reflectable, etc..

(edited by nvmvoidrays.2158)

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

I don’t know what to think about this and I’d tend to be more of a wait and see type. However, if GW2 is heading towards a treadmill type of gameplay like the MMO I came from, I’ll put the book back on the shelf without reading the end of it. Had enough of that crap.

I might be naive, still trying to give Anet the benefit of doubt, but there’s a few things that make me frown. Why better stats on those items if we’re talking horizontal progression? How is getting gear that stops an arbitrary condition offering a challenge other than the time invested in earning it? Basically the same questions as most everybody here. I’m not going ragequit yet, but if gear treadmill is what we’re heading towards, I’m a sad panda (no pun, I don’t come from that one), cause I could have seen me playing this for years.

-Blackgate-

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I honestly don’t care. I spent years raiding in wow, not because it was super fun or because I wanted to have better stats to tank better or do more ops, I did it because I wanted cool looking armor. So long as they keep designing good looking armor I will do what I have to to acquire it.

(edited by Kromica.2831)

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

From the blog post. Read this part closely:

“We have always worked hard to create a sense of satisfying progression rather than gear grind and this new item progression initiative is no exception. By adding challenging new combat mechanics to end-game content and ways to mitigate those mechanics through gear progression for high-end players, we can add personal progression without making the game feel like an endless treadmill of gear that is just out of your reach.

People feel that the bolded statements are contradictory.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

The increase from Fine to Masterwork to Rare to Exotic are all higher percentage increases than Exotic to Ascended. Where was all the QQ about that? No where you say? Who’d have thought that.

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

26% or 8% or other, it’s in any case a fail… GW2 make that promo with “no stuff run” etc… 2 mouth after the launcher .. new gear … lol … next game plz..

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

nofo.8469

then you’ll get laughed at because with the information we have available (now), ascended armor (when its available) can’t be slotted with runes nor can ascended weapons be slotted with sigils. we don’t know what the infusions will do, but, likely, it’ll simply add a resistance to the new agony mechanic, thus, making ascended gear obsolete for anywhere, but, the new dungeon with the information we have available currently.

note: this is going off what information we currently have. even then, you don’t need agony resistance to do the fractal, only to continue doing the dungeon the further down you go. plus, we don’t even know how its applied. it could be dodge-able/reflectable, etc..

I don’t know what information you have but you either can’t do simple math or haven’t seen the ring comparison screenshot.

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

note: this is going off what information we currently having. even then, you don’t need agony resistance to do the fractal, only to continue doing the dungeon the further down you go. plus, we don’t even know how its applied. it could be dodge-able/reflectable, etc..

If that is true it would be good news. I don’t particular want to grind yet another set of gears just to stay competitive.

However, this does bring in an annoying fact that now I need to keep specific gears for specific dungeons. This is going to kill all my storage space.

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Your wrong, https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/ show’s that these items actually have more stats then exotic gear, cause they got “permanent” runes/Orbs in them

Posted by: ChrisLew.5492

ChrisLew.5492

So the Machiavellian Forum Moderation begins. I’ll try to repost what I said in a “less caps filled tone” and maybe it won’t get deleted this time.

I spent the better part of two months farming/ grinding for my exotics under the impression that they would be the best gear in the game, not replaced three months later via standard EQ/ WoW progression.

The Manifesto was clearly a lie and I support those who have been posting excerpts from interviews where it is not clear ANet completely recanted on everything that they said regarding dungeon progression. Not only that, but its not as if this content just “appeared”, so they’ve known about this change in a development sense for far longer than we have, for certain.

I won’t be coming back. Off to old faithful DCUO. At least that game is a fun gear treadmill, you know with an instance finder that every other MMORPG under the sun has. (Dear Moderator, the use of caps for certain brand names or abbreviations are not yelling, or in violation of any code of conduct, it is how the words are written in the English language – please take a secondary education course if this escapes you.)

Yes, let’s add more dungeon content instead of fixing the broken mess of content that we already have or implementing features that people really want. Sheer genius.

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

Ascended gear:

- makes other dungeon armor worthless

- makes runes with all it´s variability worthless

- is NOTmarginally better, it´s far better: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-26-more-powerful-than-Exotic-MATH/first#post724773

- is only obtainable in one zone (for the moment)

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I don’t want a gear treadmill either, but having to collect 2 pieces every 3-4 months hardly seems like a treadmill. It seems more like something to do so I stand less of a chance of getting bored with the game. This is honestly no different than if access to the new content was gated by a key/attunement, or if you had to pay/quest to add the infusion sockets to your existing gear. They way they implemented it just struck a nerve with people.

This has really been a sad week on the forums. You guys are like a bunch of rescue dogs that were ruthlessly beaten with a broom by your previous (MMO) owners, to the point that you now come completely unhinged at antyhing that looks remotely like a broom.

People need to seriously calm down and wait to see how things turn out after the expansion, rather than proclaim the sky is falling.

I played the original Guild Wars… Then after Eye of the North, I tried WoW with Cataclysm.

ArenaNet promised there wouldn’t be a gear grind. They stated that high end gear would only differ in looks. Their stance is now completely different from what they said when they were launching the game.

They’re trying to create ways to keep people playing. Because, obviously, if no one is playing, ArenaNet isn’t making money. (since they’re dependent upon Gem sales)

In my mind, people have likely stopped playing for a variety of reasons… With “gear grind” being very low on people’s list of desires.

They should fix dungeons… Make the fights work as they intended. Currently they’re not really play tested very well.

They’re nothing like WoW bosses with fight mechanics to learn and attacks to avoid. In GW2, the timing of attacks is far too quick and unpredictable to avoid. So most everyone ends up dying in dungeons… several times.

I guess that’s how ArenaNet imagined it would happen, since there’s a repair anvil in the dungeon. It’s not fun. People just grind the dungeons until they get enough tokens for the gear that they want (or the legendary “Gift” that they want).

I’m guessing they probably haven’t really addressed any game mechanics in this update, and that the Fractals of the Mists dungeon will be just as badly designed as existing dungeons. However, everyone will grind it for Ascended rings and back armor.

Posted by: Coin Flunk.3024

Coin Flunk.3024

So the initial surge of complaints was about the ‘gear grind’… Now that crowd has settled down it’s the ’stat’s’. I see…

I thought the post by the dev was relevant and answered many questions that the community wondered.

Senik.6549

However, this does bring in an annoying fact that now I need to keep specific gears for specific dungeons. This is going to kill all my storage space.

That was obviously why they tried to roll typical stats for an upgraded BIS item (for the same slot) into the stats of the Ascended items. It would have been much better if they just let us add extra infusion sockets to our existing gear, or even handled the infusions in some way that isn’t tied to gear at all.

They cynic in me, however, quickly notices that their current implementation has the potential to sell more bank slot unlocks from the gem store.

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

You see, a great part of your playerbase disapproves this. Where is your iterative process now?

(edited by cephiroth.6182)

Posted by: ChrisLew.5492

ChrisLew.5492

From the blog post. Read this part closely:

“We have always worked hard to create a sense of satisfying progression rather than gear grind and this new item progression initiative is no exception. By adding challenging new combat mechanics to end-game content and ways to mitigate those mechanics through gear progression for high-end players, we can add personal progression without making the game feel like an endless treadmill of gear that is just out of your reach.

People feel that the bolded statements are contradictory.

The bolded statements are contradictory. As well as the scope of what they have planned for Ascended gear design, which will take greater precedence within the gear pyramid.

Ascended gear should have the exact same stats as exotic gear, period. And exotic gear should have an option to become infused. Period.

That’s if they were sticking to their manifesto, which they are clearly not.

I won’t be coming back to GW 2. Shame that they degenerated into just another themepark clone.

Posted by: Jahkaya.5210

Jahkaya.5210

So instead of bringing the thing we all want: !!!!RAIDS!!!!\MORE PVP maps, we get to grind gear every month…..yeah….this isn’t the way i gonne go.

We’ll see if this was a fun half year of GW2, or the end of this “legendary” tail…..

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

I LOVE this idea. To all the nay-sayers: NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO GET THESE ITEMS. IF YOU DONT LIKE TO GET THEM, THEN DONT! GO STARE AT A WALL IF YOU LIKE DOING THAT.

Jeesh, ppl are so negative nowadays

Posted by: Chi.9521

Chi.9521

sigh, another gear grind mmo. Dont even need to login on patch day to comfirm now with Whitesides post.
Bye guys

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

So the initial surge of complaints was about the ‘gear grind’… Now that crowd has settled down it’s the ’stat’s’. I see…

I thought the post by the dev was relevant and answered many questions that the community wondered.

It was always about the stats and the new Agony condition.

If it was not about stats, then people will not be making our voices heard. Gear Progression == stats increase. If it was only cosmetics, then do you think the thread would be so long. Man..

Posted by: Celle.2716

Celle.2716

New stuff to do. New challanges etc.

People who start playing GW2 in the next year´s don´t know it better. it is just content for them.

I´m very happy about this and i played GW1 since 2005 (7 years).

Cosmetic works in GW1 very well for me but in GW2 it dosn´t work THAT well. Equipment is to easy to get. Dopaminkicks are very rare but required. The game itself is awsome.

Edit:

The DE´s rewards you with Karma, Gold, EXP and it´s every time the same reward = no dopamin kicks in (rewarded as expected). Add a random reward for DE´s (silverorr or what ever, but very things up)

Thank you Arenanet.

i´m serios.

(edited by Celle.2716)

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

With the new patch adding new, stronger accessories, the current “Diamond encrusted golden carrot” of accessories, the Triforge Pendant, looks to be being left in the dust compared to the new accessories.

Given it’s rather obscene requirements, I personally think it should be upgraded to Ascended tier, so the players, like myself, who make full use of the unusual stat spread (Mesmer specced into Power and Precision trait lines, so I get constant condition damage, and it offsets my naturally low armor/HP), don’t feel like they spent 80-90 gold on an item that is now obsolete.

You mentioned handing out Ascended items in your dev diary bit as well. If not upgrading current ones to Ascended tier, can you perhaps at least hand out an Ascended version with the Divinity stat spread?

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

“Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.”
– Colin Johanson

Lies, lies and more lies.

“I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."

Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director

Lying about lies, that must be a sad joke.

I’m disgusted.

/signed

Posted by: Goldenrice.3610

Goldenrice.3610

expensive item like triforge should definitely have some option to upgrade into ascended when they add ascended necklaces to the game

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

New stuff to do. New challanges etc.

People who start playing GW2 in the next year´s don´t know it better. it is just content for them.

I´m very happy about this and i played GW1 since 2005 (7 years).

Thank you Arenanet.

i´m serios.

New content? Why should people care about exotics and runes if they can grind ascension stuff? The old dungeons will be dead, because everyone rushes to the ascension dungeon.

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

Nope, a new recipe for a new ascended triforge should be added. It’s a gear treadmill after all.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

“Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.”
– Colin Johanson

“I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."

I’m disgusted.

/signed

/Signed

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

Your wrong, https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/ show’s that these items actually have more stats then exotic gear, cause they got “permanent” runes/Orbs in them

More like orbs or jewels. There’s no evidence to support runes and sigil bonuses being added to the weapons and Armor. For all anyone knows the ascended items will only have a slight state bonus compared to exotics but since exotics can use runes and sigils it makes them better for everything other than doing dungeons with agony.

And besides, I if you think upgrading 2 slots every few months is somehow a gear treadmill then something is wrong with you. The items will likely be just as easy to obtain as exotics are now, and the post also says there are several new crafting recipes being added in as well to get the gear. This is why they don’t release the information before hand. I the amount of QQ over the unknowable is insane.

Senik.6549

ArenaNet promised there wouldn’t be a gear grind. They stated that high end gear would only differ in looks. Their stance is now completely different from what they said when they were launching the game.

It’s not completely different, that’s an exaggeration.

Completely different is a WoW expansion where the green item you get as a reward from the first quest you do in a new starting area is comparable or possibly better than the BIS you spent months grinding out. What they are doing is nothing like that at all. It’s insanely gradual, and they’ve already said they’ll bump the stats on legendaries to keep things even.

I get that people with no interest in PvE are super worried they will be forced to grind. But no one knows for 100% certain that will be the case. For all we know, you’ll be able to buy crafted versions of everything you need to stay competitive. At this point people are just jumping to conclusions without all of the information.

Posted by: Freohr.7905

Freohr.7905

After re-watching the Manifesto it’s clear to me that everything they said was a heap of lies. They can try to damage control all they want, it’s clear this is a complete reversal of their policy on MMO’s. Why do we need a new tier of gear in-between exotic and legendary? This isn’t because of the huge gap between the two, please, spare me your bull-crap. This is to appease the WoW-orientated demographic of your playerbase that took an interest in this game very close to or after its release.

Well I’m done. You’ve lied to me long enough and your company now reeks of a Bioware-level of dishonesty. I might play a little longer until I get bored of my Thief but I won’t be showing up for your event, I won’t be participating in your new Ascended gear content and I will never spend another penny on a Biowa-I mean Anet product.

If having a bigger blob means victory then you will blob.
Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal.

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

– Colin Johanson

I’m disgusted.

/signed

/Signed

/Signed

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

Nope, a new recipe for a new ascended triforge should be added. It’s a gear treadmill after all.

They already mentioned sending out some ascended gear in the dev diary. As I said. simply hoping that for the gear (Foefire greatsword was brought to my attention by a guardian friend) with unique, non-standard stat spreads, gets it’s place among the Ascended gear.

Posted by: yononan.8931

yononan.8931

– Colin Johanson

I’m disgusted.

/signed

/Signed

/Signed

/Signed as well!

Posted by: Freohr.7905

Freohr.7905

– Colin Johanson

I’m disgusted.

/signed

/Signed

/Signed.

If having a bigger blob means victory then you will blob.
Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

– Colin Johanson

I’m disgusted.

/signed

/Signed

/Signed

/Signed as well!

/and signed

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: ArikaStack.9684

ArikaStack.9684

I personally don’t see anything wrong with upgrading the triforge to ascended quality. This isn’t World of Warcraft, and something that takes perspective months to farm shouldn’t be rendered obsolete when the game is hardly 2 and a half months old.

That’s just stupid.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The 120 gold T3 cultural armor is still “rare” rather than “exotic”…

I doubt that’ll get an upgrade. Why should anything else? Like the Halloween exotics…

The only thing they’ve guaranteed will receive an upgrade is Legendaries.

I think most of this is due to all the whining about Legendaries not being more powerful.

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Guys instead of saying “/signed” just upvote the post. You’re “signed” is just going to get deleted and it takes up space people have to scroll through.

Posted by: Kirin.7306

Kirin.7306

I hate the idea. Bad enough gearing up in the first place and now this? Won’t this destroy sales for exotics also?

Posted by: Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Cheiron the Centaur.1829

It’s not a gear treadmill!

It’s progression!

Great, a different name for the same thing. Either way, players who don’t step onto this treadmill/progression thing, will soon end up with obsolete gear with lower stats than everyone else around them. So all the gold/karma/time that you invested in getting exactly that set of exotic gear that you wanted, is just useless, as you will all have to do it again… unless ArenaNet offer you a free and easily obtainable stat upgrade from your current set of exotic gear to equivalent ascended stats.

But even then, it’s clear that ArenaNet are intending to release yet another level of gear with better stats on top of that… legendary armor.

Whatever the reasons, contrary to their promise (that other/rarer items would differ in visual appearance and rarity alone, and not in how powerful they are), they are now introducing armor that is more powerful than max level (exotic) armor.

As it is, I have lost my faith in ArenaNet and have lost my interest in playing this game. Yesterday was the first time since headstart that I had time and opportunity to play the game, but simply didn’t feel like it. Before this whole Ascended thing, I was excited about the upcoming Lost Shores update… now I simply don’t care anymore. So I will be taking a break from this game until it becomes clearer where ArenaNet are going with this. Whether or not I return, depends on the path they choose.

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

As someone who does World vs World pretty much the entire time, I’d like people in this thread who claim to speak for me to stop doing it..You might want World vs World to be like SPvP which is absolutely awful in this game, But i personally would like progression in World vs World just like DAOC and Warhammer Online…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos