Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

Nope, a new recipe for a new ascended triforge should be added. It’s a gear treadmill after all.

They already mentioned sending out some ascended gear in the dev diary. As I said. simply hoping that for the gear (Foefire greatsword was brought to my attention by a guardian friend) with unique, non-standard stat spreads, gets it’s place among the Ascended gear.

Why?
It’s an exotic piece of gear. Ascended > exotic. Yes you spent money on it, I don’t see why that should factor into anything.

Legendary is the top tier of gear so yes legendaries should be buffed.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with upgrading the triforge to ascended quality. This isn’t World of Warcraft, and something that takes perspective months to farm shouldn’t be rendered obsolete when the game is hardly 2 and a half months old.

That’s just stupid.

But everything else is ok being obsoleted 2 months in? What’s the cut off price range for something that shouldn’t be affected by gear treadmill?

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Uh oh…you used facts. Prepare to be lambasted over the furnace of irrationality.

Another fact is these Mathmagics are based on the pic of one pink ring, we don´t even know if it´s attributes are actually finalized.

Statistics, do you speak it Muthakitten?

Polish > hype

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

gwawer, I would upvote but my vote never seems to stick.

Also a wall of /signed leaves a much more poignant visual impression for the devs should they care to look.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Uh oh…you used facts. Prepare to be lambasted over the furnace of irrationality.

Another fact is these Mathmagics are based on the pic of one pink ring, we don´t even know if it´s attributes are actually finalized.

You are a shining example of a furnace of irrationality.

You think they going to make this ring have better stats than exo and all of the others the same as exo?

You think they would have released this blog if they didn’t intend on implementing it?

Posted by: Orestres.6730

Orestres.6730

“Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.”
– Colin Johanson

Lies, lies and more lies.

“I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."

Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director

Lying about lies, that must be a sad joke.

I’m disgusted.

/signed

/signed from Germany

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

The 120 gold T3 cultural armor is still “rare” rather than “exotic”…

I doubt that’ll get an upgrade. Why should anything else? Like the Halloween exotics…

The only thing they’ve guaranteed will receive an upgrade is Legendaries.

I think most of this is due to all the whining about Legendaries not being more powerful.

The 120 gold T3 armor’s are Achievement, Title, AND unique gear. Really, I can see the argument for them not being updated, as they’re just walking skins. The gear that offers a non-standard stat spread and takes tons of farming should be the first priority for being upgraded, then the ones with a standard stat spread and tons of farming.

Triforge is just the one I mentioned because A: I own it and am greedyish. And B: It can’t be transmuted for the skin or likely replaced.

Still, I can see the argument for it.

Nope, a new recipe for a new ascended triforge should be added. It’s a gear treadmill after all.

They already mentioned sending out some ascended gear in the dev diary. As I said. simply hoping that for the gear (Foefire greatsword was brought to my attention by a guardian friend) with unique, non-standard stat spreads, gets it’s place among the Ascended gear.

Why?
It’s an exotic piece of gear. Ascended > exotic. Yes you spent money on it, I don’t see why that should factor into anything.

Legendary is the top tier of gear so yes legendaries should be buffed.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with upgrading the triforge to ascended quality. This isn’t World of Warcraft, and something that takes perspective months to farm shouldn’t be rendered obsolete when the game is hardly 2 and a half months old.

That’s just stupid.

But everything else is ok being obsoleted 2 months in? What’s the cut off price range for something that shouldn’t be affected by gear treadmill?

Ah, but the Foefire Greatsword, and Triforge Pendant both do not have their stats on -any- other gear in the game. That’s a biiig part of the argument. If you don’t have those stats available to you at all, in any form, but they’re available on a lower tier piece of gear, isn’t that just kinda silly?

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

New stuff to do. New challanges etc.

People who start playing GW2 in the next year´s don´t know it better. it is just content for them.

I´m very happy about this and i played GW1 since 2005 (7 years).

Thank you Arenanet.

i´m serios.

New content? Why should people care about exotics and runes if they can grind ascension stuff? The old dungeons will be dead, because everyone rushes to the ascension dungeon.

Not everyone. Some of us rush out the door.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: EightBitNinja.8792

EightBitNinja.8792

What depresses me most, I have to admit, is how simple the whole thing would be to fix. If they came out and said "new type of gear for new type of dungeon. Same stats as exotic, but with the “runes” locked in to make space for a new slot that interacts solely with this new type of dungeon", that would be FINE. No need to figure out how to fit it in to WvW, no feeling that crafting and basically all other dungeons had been obsoleted, no broken promises, none of it. The people who are both playing Guild Wars 2 and want gear progression have their space to do that in, and it doesn’t effect the rest of the game AT ALL. It’s a nifty pseudo minigame, and I’ll admit I would try it out, though maybe not right off the bat. When it’s SO EASY to fix, having them do this instead just boggles my mind. It baffles me.

Posted by: CorpusRye.2968

CorpusRye.2968

I really don’t understand the reasoning for adding a gap closer with higher stats when Legendary’s didn’t have higher stats before the expansion, the gap that had to be closed was simple: time and effort to get a weapon with same stats but a ‘legendary’ skin. In my opinion the gap that had to be closed was: introduction of legendary armor (with no stat increase), since there is, to my knowledge, no legendary armor in game. Even worse, the stats of Legendary’s will probably be increased to the new ascended standard. Which means they do not fill a gap between excotic and legendary, they actually create an additional gap between excotic and legendary.

I also don’t understand the reasoning that if you add more content, the armor you should have should be better (ref: GW1 → 3 campaigns + 1 expansion → no increase in stats on gear nor on weapons).

I don’t know yet if I think it is a bad thing (I am probably going to try and get it anyway), but i’m very dissappointed in the reasoning as it is clearly flawed.

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

As someone who does World vs World pretty much the entire time, I’d like people in this thread who claim to speak for me to stop doing it..You might want World vs World to be like SPvP which is absolutely awful in this game, But i personally would like progression in World vs World just like DAOC and Warhammer Online…

yes but they aren’t do anything to improve World vs World…. there is still no ladder and no reward and that sucks.
They could have put in some WvW abilities, that can be acquired killing ppl and doing stuff in wvw but no! they decided to put in a new gear tier.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

Guys instead of saying “/signed” just upvote the post. You’re “signed” is just going to get deleted and it takes up space people have to scroll through.

I tried, but the original seems to be lost due to the amount of ‘damage control’ being applied to the thread (according to the link it was originally on page 141!)

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

Posted by: nergoza.6387

nergoza.6387

I cannot believe what i’m reading lol.
129 pages of QQ without even experiencing the update , it’s like nowadays it’s a hobby to grief. Not even good critisicim , just pointless whining.

Then everyone jumps on the bandwagon and complains too without even knowing what update is in the first place.

Disgusting.

Save you’re wall of texts when you actually play the update through then give it a review.

Why is everyone mad anyways ?
Rare is weaker than Exotic.They just added another gear tier? where’s the big deal?
Seems like some are pretty irritated that they are “Loosing” their exotics.

sigh , humans.

Posted by: lotusedge.6743

lotusedge.6743

Arenanet must of seen some metric in the back end that shows that a large portion of the community once they hit 80 and got their exotic set stopped logging in. This seems like it is an attempt to stop that from happening once the more casual people hit that point. I have 4 irl friends who stopped playing a little after they hit 80 and went back to other games because they said whats the point after I get to 80? This seems like a move to try to get those players back.

Just to be clear, I dont think that way and am disappointed with this new tier of gear. I always end up quitting games that have any gear grind because it makes any previous work almost irrelevant. I want any work that I put into getting any items to have a sense of permanence, which gear grind shatters.

Dibrom.6408

Ah, but the Foefire Greatsword, and Triforge Pendant both do not have their stats on -any- other gear in the game. That’s a biiig part of the argument. If you don’t have those stats available to you at all, in any form, but they’re available on a lower tier piece of gear, isn’t that just kinda silly?

You can get Condition/Toughness/Precision accessories only up to green (masterwork) not rare or exotic. This ‘not being available’ isn’t something new to this game.

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

“Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.”

There wasn’t a gap in stats till you bumped up Legendaries.
I don’t care what your goal is – you’ve created a treadmill. It’s a precedent – what happens when everyone who complained about lack of progression reaches Ascended? You do know they’ll complain again, right? And this time they’ll expect you to do something about it.

Learn from GW1 – the intermediate armor you created to fill the gap between 15k and Obsidian HAD THE SAME STATS. And we liked it like that.

Posted by: Celle.2716

Celle.2716

New stuff to do. New challanges etc.

People who start playing GW2 in the next year´s don´t know it better. it is just content for them.

I´m very happy about this and i played GW1 since 2005 (7 years).

Thank you Arenanet.

i´m serios.

New content? Why should people care about exotics and runes if they can grind ascension stuff? The old dungeons will be dead, because everyone rushes to the ascension dungeon.

The old Dungens may be upgraded in the future (Hardmode etc). I ran Dungeons with my guild, because its fun. I don´t need anything from the dungeons. you also want to have exotic gear for the new dungeon, because it gets harder and harder as you go further. Don´t expect to “grind” the dungeon.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

129 pages of QQ without even experiencing the update , it’s like nowadays it’s a hobby to grief. Not even good critisicim , just pointless whining.

Then everyone jumps on the bandwagon and complains too without even knowing what update is in the first place.

Disgusting.

Save you’re wall of texts when you actually play the update through then give it a review.

Rare is weaker than Exotic.They just added another gear tier? where’s the big deal?

sigh , humans.

I now right, the nature of the update is a complete mystery and this is all supposition, pure and simple. It’s not as if this article exists https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/ , detailing exactly what we are to expect with the update and in the future. What are stat increases? I will have to play the game to fully understand the enigma placed before me.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: rikuharada.3152

rikuharada.3152

sigh , humans.

Irritated because they work hard for those exotic gears believing in Anet that once they get that, that will be the cap, no need to return to the grind. Now that isn’t the case anymore and those exotic gears become obsolete, they have to jump back into those endless grind to stay competitive >.>

Posted by: Quartz.3462

Quartz.3462

On balance GW2 will still be a fantastic game and I will continue to play it I am annoyed that Arena Net are moving towards gear treadmilling – there’s far too many MMOs that have this already. Even if GW2 will be less popular than WoW and its clones I’d rather play a less popular MMO I enjoy than a highly popular gear treadmill.

AnemoneMeer.7182

You can get Condition/Toughness/Precision accessories only up to green (masterwork) not rare or exotic. This ‘not being available’ isn’t something new to this game.

Then that should be fixed too, less people having access to the stats they desire, that are already in the game is a bad thing.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Denying it is a gear treadmill is just plain moronic. Anet is going to have people chasing new gear every few months if they implement more infusion types. That is the definition of gear treadmill.

No, what is really sad is the stupidity of all you fools overreacting to something so insignificant.

This is not a gear treadmill!!

By definition and common sense and everything that is sain in this world this is NOT a gear treadmill!! To call it a gear treadmill is stupid and dose not make sense, as it dose not even come close to resembling a gear treadmill!

This is a once off, if they had added a new tier between blue and green items no one would care, that is exactly what they have done here, add a new tier between Exotic and Legendary, something that was very important to do as this game is dying fast and loosing many players to boredom at level 80.

The disgusting overreaction from the hipster elitists of this game is deeply disturbing.

Keep up the good work Arenanet and dont let the bullys get you down!

(edited by Arnath.2319)

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

You are a shining example of a furnace of irrationality.

Right back at ya.

Oh and I´m totally OK with irrationality. Just need more than one pink ring and two vague messages to indulge in it.
Obviously some need far less.
Cool.

Polish > hype

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

I am not saying I am for this change. I’m not saying they are doing a super-job with their communication and gear initiative. However let me give you guys my perspective:

I bought this game on release. RIght now, my max PVE character is level 4 lol. I really want to try ALL the dungeons in the game, but I don’t want to have to level up my character to do them. But I don’t think I have that option.

I also want to WvW as a roamer and have small scale fights. But again, I don’t want to level up my character to have the utility skills and exotic armor.

Lastly, I want to be able to travel through all the zones for sightseeing in any order I wish and participate in all the RP events on my server which are in the high level zones, but I don’t want to have to level up. This is also impossible.

So you see, I want to do all the mentioned things WITHOUT having to level. This is a form of “level-gating?” Yes. So I don’t get to play my way. The only thing I get to do is SPVP.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

Dibrom.6408

Then we’re in agreement- new ascended accessories should be made with all stat combos (currently available)?

Posted by: Bambi.2609

Bambi.2609

Disgusting.

sigh , humans.

100% agree
Try first than complain. Also Dungeons and world events are getting updated rewards aswell maybe wait for all and than give proper feedback ?

AnemoneMeer.7182

Then we’re in agreement- new ascended accessories should be made with all stat combos (currently available)?

Well, yeah. That was kinda suggestion number 2 (Except with compensation as well because some of those stat combos are hell to get in the first place)

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

where’s the big deal?

So not only are a.net making exotics inferior but they’re making them loose too?

They’ve gone too far this time! I don’t want my armor falling off in the middle of a bossfight just because they don’t want us using exotics anymore.

Posted by: Kellie.3687

Kellie.3687

Honor of the waves token gear is Condition/Toughness/Precision..

Posted by: Redjuice.2693

Redjuice.2693

I can’t wait to play the new content.

I’m looking forward to every aspect of the Lost Shore, ascended gear and all.

Thanks Anet – keep up the awesome work.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

If I wanted to hunt for gear, and “work” for my power items, I would be playing Rift or WoW, and with a better success. I thought GW2 is not going to be about gear and farming pve content all day every day.

I can see they introduce now 2 rings and a back piece. But there are plans for a full set of Ascended gear. And I for sure am not going to farm those items, because I dont play this game to FARM my items, in order to be more powerful.

I thought u guys have different philosophy about this game and its future. But I see it will be the same old gear farm (and I am not talking about farm for better look, but for more powerful items, which is against ur first statement).

And my friends are really mad and are already leaving the game.

@nergoza.6387, It is a big deal, because u actually need to farm PVE content, and in a group! for those items. What is next, 40 man raid?! Exotics u can obtain from the TP for gold, gold u can get by farming mats, crafting, doing dungeons, or whatever u want. U can get exotic from the drops in dungeon. So u can get exotics by so many different ways – SOLO or by GROUPING, ur choice. But how can u get those new ascended items? By farming a specific dungeon in a group, no solo option. Well no thanks >_>

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Denying it is a gear treadmill is just plain moronic. Anet is going to have people chasing new gear every few months if they implement more infusion types. That is the definition of gear treadmill.

No, what is really moronic is the stupidity of all you fearmongering fools overreacting to something so insignificant.

*bold*This is not a gear treadmill!!bold

By definition and common sense and everything that is sain in this world this is NOT a gear treadmill!! To call it a gear treadmill is borderline insane, as it dose not even come close to resembling a gear treadmill!

This is a once off, if they had added a new tier between blue and green items no one would care, that is exactly what they have done here, add a new tier between Exotic and Legendary, something that will very important to do as this game is dying fast and loosing many players to boredom at level 80.

The disgusting overreaction from the hipster elitists of this game is deeply disturbing.

So what you are saying is that when everyone is decked out in Pinks and dying of boredom as you say, they won’t add in another level to stave off player loss?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

AnemoneMeer.7182

Dungeon gear doesn’t have accessories to match last I checked, and I’m cashing my AC tokens for sigils pretty often.

Dibrom.6408

I wasn’t aware, but HoTW gear is armor and weapons, I explicitly meant accessories (and back).

Posted by: rikuharada.3152

rikuharada.3152

This is a once off, if they had added a new tier between blue and green items no one would care, that is exactly what they have done here, add a new tier between Exotic and Legendary, something that will very important to do as this game is dying fast and loosing many players to boredom at level 80.

Legendary are suppose to be for cosmetic look, they have the same stats as exotic item in term of power since launch day, there was absolutely no gap between them in term of power.

Exotic power was suppose to be the end gap in term of power. If the new tier “ascended” is only for look, people wouldn’t complain, but this case, it also up the “power” scale.

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

I understand that people who enjoy PVE content would like to see some progression even on the rewards, including gears.
It is perfectly fine and reasonable, let them have all the “new shining more powerful” gears as long as those new gears affect PVE content only.
Do not introduce new more powerful gear in PVP please, it is nonsence unless ofc what you really want, it is forcing everyone to grind content they dislike.

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

If something is not max stats, it is junk, merchant fodder.

When I get a non level 80 exotic or a level 74+ rare I go “Yay. ectos”.
Whenever I get an upgrade while levelling I don’t feel any special happiness.

When ascendant items are available for all the slots level 80 exotics will be just another temporary item.

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

Posted by: pregnable.1954

pregnable.1954

Disgusting.

sigh , humans.

This is because exotic was supposed to be the best gear you could get, so people farmed for lots of different sets to play WvW. They likely even used transmutation stones to get the looks they wanted.

With this update their exotic gear or farmed 42k karma armor will pretty much be trash and they will have to go back to pve to get the new best armor for WvW.

So that and other stuff…

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside "We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. " this

Good lord shut up people it willbe in WVW it will be in old content

and there not planing on adding much more content like this.

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

i have no idea where you took these numbers from

becouse after equiping rings with 10 more power than lower tier my atk power changed by 10 and thats about 3 dps change in actual combat

Posted by: Rhyaehar.9504

Rhyaehar.9504

No, what is really moronic is the stupidity of all you fearmongering fools overreacting to something so insignificant.

By definition and common sense and everything that is sain in this world this is NOT a gear treadmill!! To call it a gear treadmill is borderline insane, as it dose not even come close to resembling a gear treadmill!

First of all, don’t you think it’s a bit ironic to say “Don’t let the bullies get you down!” if, according to ANets own words, that’s exactly the reason they are introducing the change in gear tiers?

Also, you give no arguments to support your claim that this is not a “gear treadmill” apart from calling it insane. no argument = claim is void. Expecially, since it fits gear treadmill to a tee: new gier tier, with better stats, is announced as well as plans to introduce higher tiers in the future (yes, it’s not “once off”, read the blog post: This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content.).

Posted by: Xyre.5429

Xyre.5429

Most players want some form of progression, what Anet has done is add in a specific type of high end gear built around allowing for horizontal progression. A player gets ascended gear and works on getting the infusions to be able to handle the new content. The infusions(that only ascended gear can use) allows players to deal with “Agony”, a new DoT that is specific for the new content(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion).

Hopefully 3 months from now we will have more new content and maybe a DoT called “Despair” where you will have to work on getting your ascended gear infused again to be able to delve deeper into the next new content….This is not hard logic to follow…and this system isnt a run of the mill system that anyone would expect for vertical progression…it is too unique, and it leans completely in the direction of what someone would expect out of a system built for horizontal progression.

Doomsayers can take their chances and assume that the A-net team is lying and that this system looks nothing like what would be expected out of a horizontal progression system…however, when what I have stated above ends up being the case, I hope you doomsayers ask yourselves if it was worth coming on the forums, making yourself look silly and being butthurt about an assumption?

no…no it wasnt..so please calm down…

Posted by: Icy Panic.4198

Icy Panic.4198

I thought Arena Net was founded to innovate, and now the same old crap has found its way back to a “supposedly” new type of game play. I support Guild Wars 1 from its very beginning, and during those years, I truly believe Arena Net is a unique company. When I play Guild Wars 1, I always know that even if I stop playing the game for a period of time, there wouldn’t have a new tier of armor, and I still have the top gear which means that I would have no problem enjoying the new content that been add during my absent. Few days ago you present us a new tier of armor, and it is just 3 months after the game launch. What is this mean? To me, it means I will no longer have the confidence that I once have with Guild Wars 1. Now I will have to start worrying about whether my gear is good enough for the new content after stop playing for a while. This move (adding a new tier of armor) really ruin the trust of your most loyal customers. I’m fully award that we players will have to wait till this weekend to find out what the new system is like, however, all the details from the blog post simply confirm one of my deepest fears, the power creep.
After you go back on your promise of anti-gear treadmill this time, what we players should expect next time? A new level cap set to 100, and 20 more trait points? Or…a healer profession?

(edited by Icy Panic.4198)

Arnath.2319

Legendary are suppose to be for cosmetic look, they have the same stats as exotic item in term of power since launch day, there was absolutely no gap between them in term of power.

Exotic power was suppose to be the end gap in term of power. If the new tier “ascended” is only for look, people wouldn’t complain, but this case, it also up the “power” scale.

And now Ascended gear will be the same stats as Legendary and will continue to farm for cosmetics from this patch forward.

Not once has Arenanet suggested there would be another stat increase after this, in fact they have said numerous times it would not happen.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside "We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. " this

Good lord shut up people it willbe in WVW it will be in old content

and there not planing on adding much more content like this.

Yes, it will be in wvw “over time”. Just like wvw queues will be fixed “over time”. And we can trust it, because one guy from ANet said so. And we know what these promises are worth, don’t we?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: bibster.6289

bibster.6289

They have taken away the main reason why i bought and will continuously play this game. I’m just disgusted with this update. You are forcing ALL players to run this stupid dungeon everyday for hours. Not FUN. Well now GW2 becomes your typical MMO.

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

Haha this thread 131 pages

Arnath.2319

So what you are saying is that when everyone is decked out in Pinks and dying of boredom as you say, they won’t add in another level to stave off player loss?

Ascended gear is delibretly gated, it may be many months or even years over many expansion pacts before we get a set of Ascended gear.

And once that time comes there will be Legendary gear to work towards, purely cosmetic Legendary gear.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Not once has Arenanet suggested there would be another stat increase after this, in fact they have said numerous times it would not happen.

Fool me once…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait_and_switch

I wouldn’t have bought the game if I knew it was going to be just another gear treadmill MMO.

Class action lawsuit anyone?

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

AnemoneMeer.7182

Well, my thread on the Triforge Pendant and other Exotic items with unique stat spreads and insane time requirements just got merged into this thread.

Well, suggestion lost it seems.