Trading Post 2.0 (Last Feature pack Arcticle)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Its amazing ppl are happy about TP changes.
Ill just leave this here.

GW1: released in April 26, 2005
GW1Canthan: released in April 28 2006
GW1Nightfall:released in October 26, 2006

(by April 2009 6million copies sold)

^^^ all that content, all the skins, gear, levels, setting restrictions for terrain, art and development and so on.

Gw2: released August 28, 2012
Gw2: releases small content and major patches to edit infrastructure over 2 years
Gw2 serious content expansion: still nothing, just conjecture from ppl I’ve never met on these forums

By August 2013 they had sold 3.5million copies of Gw2

I could quote this 100 times & still it won’t be enough.

Posted by: CeruleanRevolver.6085

CeruleanRevolver.6085

If this new interface means I will never face the ridiculous blank TP bug ever again, I’ll be smiling like a chesire cat till my face is forever glued that way.

I’m more interested to know how TP flipping will fare now given that the important info are a heck lot more accessible now…

Bring it Anet!

(edited by CeruleanRevolver.6085)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So where is the new content promised for us veteran players last week? I see only UI polish that was long overdue. I expected precursor crafting, housing, new skills, new profession or something else to keep me playing this.

New content promised? Here is the sentence you reference: ‘More information will be released next week about features that are more suited to veteran players.’ smh

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

What I find disturbing is that “projected profit” got removed and replaced by two fees. I am afraid that this was done on purpose, to make people do all the math themselves. The main complaint about “projected profit” (as stated in the post) was not that we wanted to see the fees… the complaint was that it didn’t calculate all the fees.

…Why would they do that on purpose?

“Aha! Lishtenbird made a mistake on his maths, and now a couple more silver are going to be removed from the economy! Mwahaha!”
“Good job, Evil Developer! Your devious UI design has fooled another of our witless players into losing a marginal amount of money!”

You implied sarcasm, but this sounds “funny” only if you aren’t used to seeing such schemes in development. The original “projected profit” was misinforming people by not including all fees; the current system is neither showing the real projected profit. Why do I need it? Because, say, if I’m flipping items, I want to see the price -15% without alt-tabing to this to put a price where I’m in profit.

Many a little make a mickle. Take 100’000 flipping operations per day from people who were too lazy to do the math. Multiply that by 1 silver of miscalculation. Multiply that by 30. That’s 3 thousand gold per month.

Flipping is good for economy as it sinks gold and stabilizes market, while also providing players with instant supply of materials – so there’s no point in removing it. But if you combine flipping with lack of information, you also make people pay for their lack of trading skill.

Meanwhile, not providing part of non-essential information inside the game is perfectly legit. Why do you need gw2spidy graphs? Because you want to make profit. In that case, you either do it outside the game, or pay for convenience of not having to alt-tab by losing money from time to time. Nothing wrong here

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I think this is a good QoL improvement. It brings several things players have been asking for, for a long time. I’m not necessarily excited about it, but I’m happy they’re finally rolling this out. New content is a whole other matter. Remember features is the key word. These are features, not expansions. Calm down people.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

This is a good one! Glad it is here having guildwiki open when looking to buy new armor for my toons was a must now I don’t have to! Great add on A-Net!

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Honestly, this feels like a classic case of ANet fixing something that wasn’t broken…

I can’t remember the last time I saw someone complain about the format of the TP (nor can I remember someone complaining about there not being enough achievements). I HAVE seen lots of complaints about there not being enough dungeons, no updates to “endgame”, lack of update to PvP/WvW, etc., but those are hardly touched.

I see ANet making some changes based on feedback, and that gives me hope, but with huge sweeping changes being made that seem completely out of touch with the community, it really makes me seriously doubt the direction of the game as a whole. =/

I can’t help but be worried about the big “BUY MOAR GOLD!” Button at the top. Im hoping its just a link to the Currency Converter though.

And yea, the wording of that button is very disturbing, even if it does just take you to the currency converter. I’m fine with investing $ into the game, but this just makes it feel sleazy.

Posted by: Zeno Iagara.8540

Zeno Iagara.8540

I would have loved to be able to sell stuff back to the gemstore, even if it was for only a fraction of the listed price. It would make opening BL Chests less painful when you get more express delivery thingybobs.

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

I would have loved to be able to sell stuff back to the gemstore, even if it was for only a fraction of the listed price. It would make opening BL Chests less painful when you get more express delivery thingybobs.

They changed the way boosters work so that you can trade a booster you don’t want for another booster of the same kind (with the help of another material you can buy off the TP, naturally, or get in BL chests). I would like to be able to do this with other convenience items, too, like say trade a bank or TP access item for a repair canister. Or trade five of them for a BL Salvage Kit.

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

/sighs

Once again, no “new content” was promised in this feature patch. New features were promised.

And this one’s a doozy. Thanks, ANet!

By your logic we can never have the features I mentioned if they can’t be on feature patches. They sure can’t be in living story patches either because they have nothing to do with the living story and Anet has made it clear that they don’t want to confuse players with other content patches except living story patches.

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

By your logic we can never have the features I mentioned if they can’t be on feature patches. They sure can’t be in living story patches either because they have nothing to do with the living story and Anet has made it clear that they don’t want to confuse players with other content patches except living story patches.

That’s not true at all

Most of the items you listed off that aren’t in this update are because they are content. This is not a content update, this is a feature pack. Content updates usually, but not exclusively, take the forum of living world updates or festivals.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Next

A few clarifications:

‘Delivery Box’ available anywhere means anywhere in the Trading UI. Not Anywhere in the world (unless you’re using a Trading Post Express summon). If you are at a Black Lion Trader NPC you can now pick up purchases without leaving the filtered buy screen. You can pick up items/funds you cancel without leaving the transactions screen. That sort of thing. You can see an order complete and know what item was delivered while you’re still browsing other categories.

‘Get More Gold’ button simply connects to the existing Currency Exchange. It’s not a new feature, just a more connected UI.

250 is still the max stack size used for a single sale/purchase.

Posted by: Collective.9206

Collective.9206

Snip

Thanks for the clarifications Curtis, would it be possible to clarify the missing “Projected profit” UI element, it seems to be missing for no real reason other than to now arbitrarily calculate yourself how much money you make per sale instead of being able to see it directly on the screen.

Loving my toxic themed Asuran engineer >:)

Lishtenbird.2814

Thanks for clarifications.

I hope we’ll see the “Sell maximum” button if there’s more than 1 of the item, right? Because the button is absent in the screenshot.

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

A couple of questions…..

1 – When I search for dyes, can I filter out the ones already unlocked on my account?

2 – Have you removed all the buy orders below vendor price?

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Next

Snip

Thanks for the clarifications Curtis, would it be possible to clarify the missing “Projected profit” UI element, it seems to be missing for no real reason other than to now arbitrarily calculate yourself how much money you make per sale instead of being able to see it directly on the screen.

We felt it was important when selling something to know exactly what price your buyer was going to see. The change also is the least cluttered way to address feedback we received previously about profit including / not including fees and wanting to be as clear as possible on the order of operations.

We’re balancing a lot of UX design against desire for more information with the new UI.. We’ll be watching to see what sort of confusion comes out of this and may or may not re-introduce a net profit display later.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Get More Gold!

I don’t know about you guys but I’m really excited for this trading post update. I mean look at all the new functions such as filtering armor weights! This is a really good patch and I can tell Anet worked on it. I don’t know about you all, but I didn’t see anything that bothered me at all about this new UI. It’s really well done, I guess we will see once the feature pack is released.

Get More Gold!

In my opinion, it’s ridiculous to get upset about this. The ability to trade gold for gems and buy gems with cash has been in the game since it started.

Also, the fact that people can do this is one of the reasons most people get to play the game for free. As shocking as it is, servers, employees, and bandwidth all cost money and your initial purchase just won’t cover it.

How did GW1 survive 3 years w/o a gem store then. And look at my post history, I’ve known since day -3 that you could buy gold with gems m8.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Did they clean up the database and remove all the under merchant sale offerings? If they did, this is 100% win in my book. Very happy camper over this. BTW, for those that are saying it’s JUST a few little things, any changes made to a live market are huge…this many changes are monumental! The database changes alone are mindboggling.

(edited by Roybe.5896)

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Snip

We felt it was important when selling something to know exactly what price your buyer was going to see. The change also is the least cluttered way to address feedback we received previously about profit including / not including fees and wanting to be as clear as possible on the order of operations.

We’re balancing a lot of UX design against desire for more information with the new UI.. We’ll be watching to see what sort of confusion comes out of this and may or may not re-introduce a net profit display later.

It’s already confusing :/
Having to take out a calculator to calculate final price is unproductive.

And taking a look at the screenshoot. The price before tax appears 3 times. It’s redundant. Having the final price in the center makes more sense

Attachments:

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Collective.9206

Snip

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately to say though this seems like a rather odd change considering this entire pack is more about QoL improvements. The projected profit on the seller’s end is vital to see as it’s pre calculated and you can instantly see it.

But now we have to open our calculators for every single sale and deduct all taxes every single time. This is against the very point of QoL improvements and just adds needless arbitrary actions that waste time for no real reason just because one element is now removed from the UI.

As shown on the provided screenshot https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/166054/c47a6trading-post-selling_1.jpg

There is plenty of room to still include the projected UI element while still showing the overall selling price and tax deductions.

It seems more counter-productive than actually being productive, but apart from that, I love the other changes, so well done on those ones though ^^

Lishtenbird.2814

For me this change is unncessary. If anything it makes my gameplay soon worse. There’s a lot of (minor but important) things I like about current tp, and Anet is removed 90% of it. It’s clear from the screenshots alone, that certain things will be much harder to reach in the future.

The new Sell/Buy huge square buttons for instance. Bad bad bad. Sorrie, it may be good for new players but it isn’t for vets. In a split second, i can now without a doubt go from buy listing, sell listing, selling and back again. With new box, misclicking is more warranted if you want to speedclear some actions. And if that happens you gonna have to drag your mouse all to the left and right again to fix it to go to right window. This may sound as crying, but It just baffles me that something that was ‘efficient to use’ will now be ‘less efficient to use’. Taking a step back is never good, and this is going there. You should give player the option to use old trading post, or something similar. I hate the huge new sell/buy tabs.

Trade post is something, i’d like to go tru as fast as possible. New trade post UI will prevent that.

See attachment.

Sorry your poor wrist has to move the mouse a few more pixels.

I know what Phoebe is talking about. When you’re a heavy software user, minor time sinks turn into huge time sinks; these are something I try to avoid by writing macros (my everyday Autohotkey macro is 30KB of plain text code), but of course I am not allowed to do it in GW2. And by the way, my poor wrist does start to hurt every now and then if I work at keyboard for a whole day and then spend my leisure time in GW2

My major concern about this particular design though is whether the TP remembers the “Trading” -> “Sell Items” subtab upon closing or reverts to the main “Hello newbie who’ve opened this window for the first time, here’re the pretty icons which tell you what you can do!”. Because if it doesn’t, that just added one extra click… And it’s one of these things which I really hate in modern operating systems: instead of providing direct access to frequently used features (as previous side tabs did), these features are hidden inside an unreasonably complicated “noob UI”.

I also hope that bags get opened automatically and we don’t have to click them every time to see contents.

By the way, have you noticed the “Black…” bags under the Starter Bag on the screenshot? I wonder if that’s one of the “Collections” rewards for trading or a new gem store 22-slot bag

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Collective.9206

And taking a look at the screenshoot. The price before tax appears 3 times. It’s redundant. Having the final price in the center makes more sense

The pricing shown is fine I believe, top one shows the per unit price which is useful, the largest middle one shows the overall price for that sale, which only looks the same because that particular sale is just one item, and the bottom left shows the current sales in per unit, which again is fine as for real world sales it’ll show the per unit price in multitudes of sales.

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Next

A couple of questions…..

1 – When I search for dyes, can I filter out the ones already unlocked on my account?

No, you’ll still have to mouse-over the list to see each one locked or unlocked.
Same for skins which someone asked about. And minis which is a logical question too.
Locked / Unlocked on my account is not a currently supported filter.

2 – Have you removed all the buy orders below vendor price?

Not at this time. In fact the visibility is actually going to make this worse for a little bit. It’s something we are looking into but it’s easier said than done without risk to the market.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It seems to me, we haven’t lost any functions. You had to calculate the profit before, because the UI did not show the true profit because one of the ‘taxes’ was missing.

Now, you must calculate the profit…still.

It may not be a step forward, but it is not a step back, either. /shrug

Lishtenbird.2814

• Yes, the price appears several times because it’s just 1 item;
  • yes, not seeing the projected profit is counterproductive (let’s say a player needs 5g for a new exotic, so he sells some of his mats for 6g but can’t see if he gets enough without doing the math);
  • yes, there’s enough place to shift “Sell instantly” and “Cancel” buttons down and put “Projected profit” in smaller text under “Total price” or even “Exchange fee”.

It seems to me, we haven’t lost any functions.

I don’t see the “most demanded/supplied” items. Maybe it was put inside categories, or maybe it was removed to get rid of the mass order manipulations.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Some pretty cool stuff announced this week. I’m again looking forward to Tuesday.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Since a dev is here, does the “error attempting to sale” still exist?

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Everyone’s freaked out about the “buy more gold” button. Who knows, maybe it will be a good thing- might do the conversion for you automatically.

I just hope they revamp the “trade gold for gems” tab so I can select how many gems I need and have it calculate the minimum gold price, rather than fiddle endlessly with the gsc boxes trying to get the lowest payment for the exact gems I need while the price of gems is dynamically changing.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Next

Thanks for clarifications.
I hope we’ll see the “Sell maximum” button if there’s more than 1 of the item, right? Because the button is absent in the screenshot.

For quantities > 1 “Sell Maximum” has been replaced with a quantity slider so with one click you can set to maximum, or half, or anywhere in between. You’ll also have the same one-click ability in buying which didn’t previously exist.

A bit hard to explain in text..sorry we didn’t get a screenshot of that.

Also, neat extra note.. when selling or buying to a waiting player (instant sell/buy) clicking the existing listing toggles between qty 1 and qty max.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

It’s not a new feature, just a more connected UI.

This is exactly how I feel about the whole “Feature Pack”

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Wait until you try it. You may even find it more efficient.

I don’t need to try it to know it. Windows 8 for me (taskbar, start button) is less efficient then windows 7 in every way. Could I get past this issue? sure. But every single time i use taskbar, i need more time (more clicks or more mouse movement) to do the same. That is not efficient. At my work i gotta sometimes copy paste 100’s of files manually. You think i’m gonna right click every one, right click paste? Trust me even for you that would be a pain. No, I used ctrl + C, and ctrl V much easier. In the same way tp atm allows me to very fast move from all the tabs cause it’s only 0,5 cm mouse movement needed. I dont even need to think hard about it ‘1 sell listings, 2 buy listings’ etc’. It’s not gonna make me quit the game or hate anet for it. But i had to voice my opinion that in the end, for me as veteran player, this patch took 100’s of hours to work on, and didnt make it any better (if anything they made it worse, for me specifically). I suspect tons of ppl will like this update. I gotta admit i like the profession filtering too. But overall this udpate is bad, and i feel like i had to voice that to Anet. Not to cry, or stop it even (i know it is done as it is now), but to make them think twice about future UI change.

Don’t fix what ain’t broke. You just did that. Only good feature i see is armor filtering, wich could have been building into current tp. Nothing else is of interest to me.

If you are really complaining about having to move your mouse pointer further, then adjust the kitten sensitivity on your mouse. One little twitch of your hand and your mouse pointer should be able to move anywhere on several different screens.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

In my opinion, it’s ridiculous to get upset about this. The ability to trade gold for gems and buy gems with cash has been in the game since it started.

Also, the fact that people can do this is one of the reasons most people get to play the game for free. As shocking as it is, servers, employees, and bandwidth all cost money and your initial purchase just won’t cover it.

Seriously? I need to quote it again ALREADY?

Its amazing ppl are happy about TP changes.
Ill just leave this here.

GW1: released in April 26, 2005
GW1Canthan: released in April 28 2006
GW1Nightfall:released in October 26, 2006

(by April 2009 6million copies sold)

^^^ all that content, all the skins, gear, levels, setting restrictions for terrain, art and development and so on.

Gw2: released August 28, 2012
Gw2: releases small content and major patches to edit infrastructure over 2 years
Gw2 serious content expansion: still nothing, just conjecture from ppl I’ve never met on these forums

By August 2013 they had sold 3.5million copies of Gw2

& they could still sell things like boosters, gathering tools, etc. & keep most of the armor & weapons for in-game. ya’know.. like something to shoot for? Rewards?

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

For me this change is unncessary. If anything it makes my gameplay soon worse. There’s a lot of (minor but important) things I like about current tp, and Anet is removed 90% of it. It’s clear from the screenshots alone, that certain things will be much harder to reach in the future.

The new Sell/Buy huge square buttons for instance. Bad bad bad. Sorrie, it may be good for new players but it isn’t for vets. In a split second, i can now without a doubt go from buy listing, sell listing, selling and back again. With new box, misclicking is more warranted if you want to speedclear some actions. And if that happens you gonna have to drag your mouse all to the left and right again to fix it to go to right window. This may sound as crying, but It just baffles me that something that was ‘efficient to use’ will now be ‘less efficient to use’. Taking a step back is never good, and this is going there. You should give player the option to use old trading post, or something similar. I hate the huge new sell/buy tabs.

Trade post is something, i’d like to go tru as fast as possible. New trade post UI will prevent that.

See attachment.

Sorry your poor wrist has to move the mouse a few more pixels.

I know what Phoebe is talking about. When you’re a heavy software user, minor time sinks turn into huge time sinks; these are something I try to avoid by writing macros (my everyday Autohotkey macro is 30KB of plain text code), but of course I am not allowed to do it in GW2. And by the way, my poor wrist does start to hurt every now and then if I work at keyboard for a whole day and then spend my leisure time in GW2

My major concern about this particular design though is whether the TP remembers the “Trading” -> “Sell Items” subtab upon closing or reverts to the main “Hello newbie who’ve opened this window for the first time, here’re the pretty icons which tell you what you can do!”. Because if it doesn’t, that just added one extra click… And it’s one of these things which I really hate in modern operating systems: instead of providing direct access to frequently used features (as previous side tabs did), these features are hidden inside an unreasonably complicated “noob UI”.

I also hope that bags get opened automatically and we don’t have to click them every time to see contents.

By the way, have you noticed the “Black…” bags under the Starter Bag on the screenshot? I wonder if that’s one of the “Collections” rewards for trading or a new gem store 22-slot bag

black lion storage bag?

Also, apologies if this comes across as gruff or rude, but stemming from a genuine concern, if your wrist is aching from a long day at work, the last thing you should be doing is playing an mmo. RSI isn’t fun.

But addressing the issue, you’ll be losing a couple fractions of a second. less so once you get used to it and cease misclicking on…very large buttons. That certainly isn’t a reason to criticize it before it is even out.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Great update. It was much needed, because the current TP is kind of annoying to use.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

All the changes look great, nice job ArenaNet! (and here’s the but)… but Projected Profit needs to be somewhere on the UI, and here’s why.

The pictured example is not a good example to use since the TP price is so much higher than the vender list price, so even without the Projected Profit shown no calculator is needed to know that you’ll get more from the TP.

On the other hand what if you wanted to sell a Beryl Orb and wanted to quickly determine if it would be wiser to vender or TP. This is what you would see:

Vender Price: 1s 98c
TP Sell Price: 2s 12c
Listing Fee: 10c
Exchange Fee: 11c

So without using a calculator which is the better deal? And how long did it take you to arrive at that conclusion? I think especially for new players this will cause a lot more confusion & wasted time than just having the Projected Profit listed somewhere in the UI.

Edit: And make sure Kate Welch is given a special thanks since I assume she worked on the UI design but for reasons won’t get a chance to talk about it in the next POI. Awesome job Kate & UI team!

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

ok i like this update not as good as sliced bread but a good improvement this along with commander color tags and guild going across megaserver are the parts im going to like. the guild one i expected at some time cause they said that was going to happen when they released megaserver. not going to say the patch will be overwhelming cause i dont think it is needed yes underwhelming yes but wanted and needed yes but not awesome

Posted by: azzy.6485

azzy.6485

A few clarifications:

‘Delivery Box’ available anywhere means anywhere in the Trading UI. Not Anywhere in the world (unless you’re using a Trading Post Express summon). If you are at a Black Lion Trader NPC you can now pick up purchases without leaving the filtered buy screen. You can pick up items/funds you cancel without leaving the transactions screen. That sort of thing. You can see an order complete and know what item was delivered while you’re still browsing other categories.

‘Get More Gold’ button simply connects to the existing Currency Exchange. It’s not a new feature, just a more connected UI.

‘Get More Gold’ is 100x better than saying ‘Get More Gems’ – people should not be complaining…I’ve hated from day one the fact that gems—>gold “feature” existed but it is what it is.

(edited by azzy.6485)

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Snip

So you chose to show the seller how much the buyer is going to see instead of showing the seller how much they will make? I’m sorry but that seems like an awfully… dumb… decision. Sounds like a case of taking something awesome (the TP changes overall) and really over thinking it to the point of screwing up a basic necessity (being able to see how much you will get from selling an item).

I don’t care what the buyer sees! He could be tripping on acid and looking at talking pink elephants, as long as he clicks the buy button I could not care less. What I do care about is how much I’m going to make when I post an item.

You have three (!) places on that screenshot that show what the list price of the item is. Why can’t one of them (the middle one) be replaced with net profit? Or make that “TOTAL PRICE” monstrosity a bit smaller and put net profit right above/below it?

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

How did GW1 survive 3 years w/o a gem store then. And look at my post history, I’ve known since day -3 that you could buy gold with gems m8.

I played GW1 the first 2 years and left when EotN was released, I had no interest in it.

I bought character slots and, if I recall correctly they had added PvP packs and other unlocks for a price. While it may have not been a “Gem Store” it was certainly in that game at the 2 year mark, not 3.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Now I need a calculator to actually see how much money I will get in my hand when selling items?
This specific feature doesn’t sound like an update, more like a downdate. Other things with the Trading Post update are actually updates

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

C’mon, get more gold should automatically spawn a champ right in front of your nose

Or open a live chat with John.

nods

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Next

C’mon, get more gold should automatically spawn a champ right in front of your nose

Or open a live chat with John.

nods

Lol. I’ll be sure to let John know.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

It seems to be good improvements.

I really hope that (even now they lost there current UI person) we will also get a similar improvement for the Guild System (management tools and member panel).

So we see last on-line in both screens and also see last represented and nice diagrams that show online, representing, influence earning and so on over time and letting you scrip automatic ranks based on some of those numbers.

Stuff like asked for in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-System-Improvements-Suggestions/first#post3943131

That would all be really nice.

Anyway so for what we get for the trading post seems to be very positive.

Lishtenbird.2814

For quantities > 1 “Sell Maximum” has been replaced with a quantity slider so with one click you can set to maximum, or half, or anywhere in between. You’ll also have the same one-click ability in buying which didn’t previously exist.

A bit hard to explain in text..sorry we didn’t get a screenshot of that.

Also, neat extra note.. when selling or buying to a waiting player (instant sell/buy) clicking the existing listing toggles between qty 1 and qty max.

Sounds neat! Keyboard-less operation options are always welcome. Will see how it works out

But I really wish we could put in orders for more than 250 – for us, people who have to buy silk in bulk and who can buy some mats in thousands (and sell in hundreds) to convert skill points to gold, it would be a great QoL improvement. Previously, it could be “lifehacked” by fast-clicking the active order button; I’m afraid we’ll most likely lose this “feature” as the whole system got changed…

Even another manual input field for stacks with the default 1 would’ve worked, in case that database 250 limit thing is the culprit.

But addressing the issue, you’ll be losing a couple fractions of a second. less so once you get used to it and cease misclicking on…very large buttons. That certainly isn’t a reason to criticize it before it is even out.

As I and Phoebe mentioned earlier, we’re familiar with that kind of UI and know how it usually makes us feel. You may be fine with loosing some seconds when you sell a couple items after a dungeon run, but we may not be okay with them if, say, we may be trading for half an hour (and some people do more of it); we are the same clients as you are even if we enjoy different aspects of the game. Yes, we’ll see how it works soon, but it shouldn’t stop us from expressing concerns – especially since feedback at an early stage may have a slight chance to be right what was needed – just like with Commander tags thing.

Also, apologies if this comes across as gruff or rude, but stemming from a genuine concern, if your wrist is aching from a long day at work, the last thing you should be doing is playing an mmo. RSI isn’t fun.

I know, I know Many things are not fun, and you sometimes have to sacrifice something for something else. As one person said, “Getting rid of all the things which don’t let you live till 100 makes living till 100 pointless.” I’m compensating by not smoking and not drinking, so I guess I should be more or less fine, thank you

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Snip

First, Thank you Mr. Johnson for taking the time and replying to the questions in this thread.

Where is the feedback you’re talking about (I’m actually curious)?
Why would anyone not want to see the end total?

To me this change actually made it more cluttered. Before there was the price I wanted to list it at, the fee(or one of them) and how much I would actually get in the end. I’m sure most people don’t care about the fees, only what they will actually get after all is said and done.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Snip

eh, i’m not sure how i feel about this. gauging if it’s more profitable to vendor or sell on TP is somethingthat could be done at a glance on the old system, now i have to stop and calculate how much is being taxed. plus, in the old system the buyer’s price was visible, and in fact was the only thing you can tweak.

please do consider adding a net profit preview ASAP.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Now I need a calculator to actually see how much money I will get in my hand when selling items?
This specific feature doesn’t sound like an update, more like a downdate. Other things with the Trading Post update are actually updates

You always had to calculate it. Before this update the 10% tax that is taken when the item actually sell wasn’t showing. It just displayed the listing fee which is 5%
Now it show both but doesn’t do the total.

use this http://tpcalc.com

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t really understand the comments like ‘Now I need a calculator…?’ You didn’t need a calculator before? Or did you think the ‘projected profit’ shown before was what you would be getting?

You had to do math before to calculate your profit, and now you still have to do math to calculate your profit (in your head, or with a calculator). Less math, for me..I no longer have to calculate percentages…not that that was overly difficult, but now it’s just a matter of subtraction for each item.

Still, if they add the true projected profit (something that was never available before), I don’t see any downside to that.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Good change; I hate everything about the TP interface— so slow and clunky atm.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: azzy.6485

azzy.6485

That is why calculators exist – to aid those who can’t handle numbers…having said that, there really is no reason to not display a bottom line.