Trading Post 2.0 (Last Feature pack Arcticle)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

An honest, sincere question here, regarding the lack of a ‘show total profit’ feature.

In what circumstances would this information change your behavior?

I would use this information to know if I would get more gold listing on the TP or vendoring the item. If the TP gets a single copper more I list on the TP, otherwise I vendor it. So it’s a calculation I perform for every single sale I list there, unless the gap is large enough that I can tell at a glance.

Every so often I come across items in the trading post that are listed for a value where the seller would get less from the TP than if they just vendored the item. I suspect that these listings are from people who didn’t know that “profit” didn’t include the listing fee. Those people would change their behavior when they have all the information.

Now I know that some people say that those people had a full inventory and, in that case, the TP is better than trashing the item. However that is only a smart thing if their inventory is full and they have nothing that sells on the TP for a net profit above vendor value.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Hopefully the next feature pack will include a rework of rewards from adventuring. It’s nice that they made the most profitable aspect of the game more accessible and more efficient, but I’d rather them work on rewarding adventuring in an action mmo rpg.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: John.5732

John.5732

I would join the people requesting a true profit line for all items sold.

I would also note that this is what happens with Anet’s noncommunication policy. Just like with the megaserver, trait scavenger hunt, and commander tags, obvious and serious issues are missed by Anet but could have been fixed prior to release if the players had been communicated with. Anet, please talk with us. We want to help you make this game. And, we want you to save your time and money and make things well the first time, not double and triple your effort fixing everything after release.

Leader of the Kingdom of [Shu] Guild
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Lack of a match high sell price on the sell screen concerns me. It may just be suppressed in the screen shot since there are none for sale.

The old “Projected Profit” had more to do with what to expect to be waiting for pick up than profit, to reflect the 10% sales tax. Posting fee is important to show since it’s required simply to list the item.

To clarify, the Buy More Gold just take you to the existing exchange tab or does it also default it to the Gold for Gem side?

And the biggest question on my mind, does UI scaling work now or are we still stuck between somewhat unreadable on small and fugly on large?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

1) Happy to see Buy and Sell orders without having to do the “place custom order” dance before selling.

2) Happy to see fees broken out specifically. At launch, there was NO notification of fees..and here I thought I was making great money flipping, my gold was going down. LOL oh the good old days!

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Include me in the folks that would really like to have at a quick glance the true projected profit. It’s invaluable when you have a couple seconds free to dump your bags in EotM while waiting for something to cap or a door to fall that you can do a quick compare against vendor price to see if you need to wait for a vendor. And yes, I was one of those people that never really realized that the projected profit was not the actual profit. I knew that there was a 15% tax but I somehow always thought it was figured into that value. All the money I lost… I used that number pretty much every time I opened the AH for the last year and a half.

It’s like if your pay stub at work listed your hourly rate and all the various taxes that were being taken out, but it never actually listed your take home pay but expected you to do the math every time. You can see how much is deposited or do the math, but wouldn’t it be so much more convenient if it was listed on the stub?

I’m also interested in whether this means we will have a fix for the error attempting to sell.

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

To be fair, usability testing probably went into this in some form. As much as I want that projected profit, UIs are not something you can just slap things onto at random and hope that people will “get it.”

If there was usability testing, I’m worried that ANET made the mistake of getting testers who know too much about how the TP should operate. Either because they played a lot of GW2 or ANET told them beforehand.

Because if you tell your testers to do steps x, y, z to do task a, then they won’t be able to test how good the UI is at letting players know that if they want to do a, they should do x, y z.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Please, Arena Net devs. Tell us if you removed Error Attempting to Sell. This thing has been an annoyance for me and everyone for over 2 years. I’ve made several rage threads about this error which were deleted. Error Attempting to Sell does not stop botters on TP, they could set timers and probably continue to flip prices 24/7.

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Please, Arena Net devs. Tell us if you removed Error Attempting to Sell. This thing has been an annoyance for me and everyone for over 2 years. I’ve made several rage threads about this error which were deleted. Error Attempting to Sell does not stop botters on TP, they could set timers and probably continue to flip prices 24/7.

At the very least ANET should change the text of the error message to be more useful. You are selling items too fast. Wait a bit before trying again would be far more useful than the current message.

Why do you think it’s an anti-botting measure ?
Bots are patient. They won’t get frustrated at the error. They can wait.
It’s humans who get frustrated.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

At the very least ANET should change the text of the error message to be more useful. You are selling items too fast. Wait a bit before trying again would be far more useful than the current message.

And why do legit players have to be part of this? It’s like when someone do something wrong everybody gets affected. They need better botting countermeasures.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

“Listing fee” is a clear in the new UI but “Exchange fee” is not a very intuitive description. You’re not exchanging the item for another item, you’re selling it for gold. Why don’t you simply call is “Sales fee” or “Sell fee”? Maybe everyone in the ArenaNet office is used to calling it an ‘exchange fee’ but that doesn’t mean your players will telepathically pick that up. Little things like this are the difference between a game that is clear and intuitive and one that is not.

“Filters are now applied to search results immediately” This is less than encouraging. It sounds like that annoying Google Instant search enhancement that shows results as you type and typically shows nothing pertinent because you misspelled a single letter or if you’re using Google on your cell phone ends up lagging to the point it makes the search function useless until you disable it.

It’s good to hear they are trying to address the crippling lag seen all too often in the Auction House, but nonetheless I really hope there is a function to turn this OFF so that the search will only start when we tell it to start.

AT LAST. But still, it’s what should have been expected in the first place, not 2 years later :-/

You mean -this- “Profession is now a filter available within the Armor and Weapons categories”? Yeah, it’s about time.

One question remains: will we see more of…

ERROR ATTEMPTING TO SELL

I would gladly give up all of the new UI options (even the Profession filter) to never see this again.

I agree with Exosferatu’s posts above, they need better bot countermeasures that don’t make trying to trade items a tedious, annoying pain for regular players. Tedious and annoying are not adjectives that should apply to anything in the game.

If one of the main goals was to make the act of selling items less painful so players will not ignore it, this is the single thing that needs to be fixed above anything else.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Trading Post, Mini Pets.
How is this supposed to bring bored players back?

Feature patches weren’t meant to bring bored players back. Content packs are supposed to bring bored players back. Feature packs are supposed to make the game better, so when they do come back, stuff that annoyed them in the first place is less annoying.

I don’t know, like lag in big battles, which everyone seems to ignore, and maybe, just maybe, some people even like collecting things.

It’s a popular feature in other MMOs.

Posted by: DDCarvalho.2071

DDCarvalho.2071

This has been a long time coming.

I have to wonder why they waited 2 years to release improved/relevant filters that would take a fraction of a day to code.

You should definitely consider applying for a job there.

With that attitude he/she would quickly become the darling of the team.

I really love the spirit of the changes, somewhat expect some bad surprises in the implementation (like with the trait system) but the direction is very good.

Now the next point of improvement in the game: include downvote buttons on the forums so we can sink whiny people who never say anything constructive (and upvotes to give focus to good ideas and constructive criticism).

(edited by DDCarvalho.2071)

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I dont think its about botters. From what I could gather is that the info for each item had to be retrieved from an outside location/server. So the errors would occure when the web based TP interface had issues communicating with that data base. Just like sometimes on certain web browsers (internet _cough_explorer_cough_).

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

And why do legit players have to be part of this? It’s like when someone do something wrong everybody gets affected. They need better botting countermeasures.

Did you even read the post you are quoting ?

If you did, answer my question. Why do you think it’s an anti-botting measure ?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Some nice QoL changes here. (Finally, we can search by armor weight!) Not as exciting as the Collection achievements yesterday, but still something to look forward to.

Alas, it seems my wait for r500 Chef and Jeweler will go on though.

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Why was I expecting something more exciting than this?

Sigh.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Just want to re-echo what has been said plenty of times already. Projected profit should have been or should be far more important than it seems to be. Maybe you felt it was too cluttered or there were or are technically limitations. But for most players who aren’t TP flippers, experts on the market or simply new to the game, this is what they care about. How much are they really going to get for selling X item.

Some might find it really silly but it’s much nicer to see at a glance rather than figure the math out.

Far too late now, but I am not looking forward to selling on the trading post if I am being honest. It’s going to simply take me longer, which is the opposite of what you wanted to do with these features.

Again, overall I think this is a great QoL change just a few gripes I suppose and hopefully some helpful feedback for the team that is or does work on this.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

These changes are great and welcome. Exactly what the TP needed.
—————————

PS I agree with people who say the UI could stand one last tweak regarding fees and profits. To be fair, though, and as some have mentioned above, there are a lot of numbers that people “need” to know:

1. Sale Price: gotta make sure that’s clear.
  2. Listing Fee: has to be clear so people know how much they need to pony up to even sell the item to highest bid. It’s a “fee” since you pay it regardless of whether your item(s) sell.
  3. Sales Tax: I’d call it a “tax” because it is applied only when you sell.
  4. Gross Profit: this is how much people are going to see in their in-box. If you don’t post it, people will wonder where their money has gone.
  5. Net Profit: this assumes you only list once (TP can’t be expected to keep track), which is Gross Profit less Listing Fee or alternatively, Sale Price – Listing Fee – Sales Tax.

Unfortunately, it turns out that a incredibly huge fraction of humanity tends to end up losing focus when seeing more than a few numbers relating to the same transaction. Coming up with a display that informs without being distracting turns out to be a lot more difficult than it sounds (heck, look at how hard it is for people to agree about what these things should even be called).

That said, I think ANet should err on the side of presenting too much data and worry about how to make it simpler to read later. Much better for a truly free market (and people’s wallets).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Please allow us to pick up bought items seperately, picking up all at once is not possible sometimes.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Please allow us to pick up bought items seperately, picking up all at once is not possible sometimes.

I suspect the reason it is as it is is simple….people WILL use it as extra storage.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I would like to be able to filter weapons by a specific weapon type WITHOUT only seeing items which my class can use.

Sometimes, I like to buy a weapon as a gift for a friend.

Additionally, I dont suppose this means we’ll see something so the API suddenly knows what kinds of items these are so external sites can sort them appropriately and automatically? =)

Regarding the bolded part, you can still search for weapons by specific type.
You are not forced to only view what you are able to equip.

The screenshot shows armor as being the area selected to search so we are seeing the filters available for armors, which includes the option to limit results to only the weight of a certain profession.

Had they made a screenshot of the weapons section then we would see different filters, including the drop-down for selecting a specific weapon type.

Honestly, I do not think the weapon section would even include a filter to limit only showing weapon types a selected profession can use. Of course it might, but that is a filter option I do not see as being useful at all in regards to a weapon search, let alone as a forced filter. I just do not see that filter as even being an option under the weapon section. Considering professions have a lot of weapon types at their disposal, displaying all weapons of types a profession can use will have a huge amount of results (and take a lot of additional and wasted time coding on the back end over the much easier trio of light-medium-heavy of armor weights associated with professions). Such a long list of results is not all that useful and additional filters would need to be added to trim them down.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I have an icky feeling in the pit of my stomach, the big sell instantly button is making my nervous, but will reserve my judgement until release.

As someone who spends a lot of time using the TP what irks me the most atm is when looking at the times I’m buying , if i click on an individual item to see the other buy orders, there is no way back to return to my list of buy orders other than clicking any other tab in tp then -> transaction tab ->buying , by then I have forgotten what I was going to look at.

If this is fixed I would be happy , very happy

(edited by Lisa.6102)

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

And taking a look at the screenshoot. The price before tax appears 3 times. It’s redundant. Having the final price in the center makes more sense

The pricing shown is fine I believe, top one shows the per unit price which is useful, the largest middle one shows the overall price for that sale, which only looks the same because that particular sale is just one item, and the bottom left shows the current sales in per unit, which again is fine as for real world sales it’ll show the per unit price in multitudes of sales.

I actually think its misleading in the way it is displayed . The actual sell price is displayed in larger print more than once and set out so it draws your eye to that figure, the fees, etc are not that eye catching almost a second thought, and think there are going to be stacks of complaints from users thinking the TP ripped them off.

The projected profit was much better.

(edited by Lisa.6102)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

They once said they wanted to bring all weapons to all classes. I’m guessing that plan has changed, if they feel it’s now a good idea to let weapons be sorted by the professions that can use them.

Right?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The new selling UI in the Trading Post explicitly calls out both the listing fee and the exchange fee, so there shouldn’t be any surprises when selling.

Thank you Anet! Nothing more confusing, for example, seeing a listing fee of 5 copper but the profit shows 10 copper less than the buy order. I’ve been playing this game since May 2014 so I’m still a noob. Thank you for finally being up front on the costs of selling stuff.

I love all the other changes too and have no complaints. Finally able to search equipment based on stats such as power or vitality, and overall the buying and selling interface being much easier to use. I look forward to this going live.

I am not disappoint.

Edit: OMG! They making it so the BLTC loads faster. Squeeee! I noticed this was the case during the 2 year anniversary sale in the gem shop. It was much faster to load but after the sale it went back to taking a minute or so to load anything in the window, though it wasn’t nearly as bad as it was before the sale.

Again thank you very much Anet for the TP changes.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

I was really excited to see a lot of these changes, and I agree that the filters are things that players have been asking for since day one.

I’m sad to admit that I am one of those people who thought “projected profit” was the net profit including all the fees. I’m willing to bet a vast percentage of the “I have an extra 5 linen” type sellers were not aware that there was an additional, invisible arbitrage fee.

But, be that as it may, it’s gold under the sink, but looking forward, I fail to understand how putting an honest Net Proceeds number on the screen was overlooked, or decided against in this iteration. What on earth could be the logic for withholding that calculation, when the numerical data is already on the page?

Seriously, I don’t want to do the math for the mats I’ve just gathered by disenchanting after a run, I want you to show me the market price, the market spread, the fees and taxes, and give me a grand total at the bottom that equals the amount that will be in my pickup when I choose to sell X#item(s).

It doesn’t even make sense that you would leave an honest net proceeds number off the screen. It really doesn’t.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Upon checking out the last feature, I must say this does make finding of weapons all the more convenient.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

re: GW1 gemstore.. stay on topic please guys.. GW2 Trading Post

Now if we can add a favorite items list for our regular purchases, then the TP would be much more functional.

You might notice on the trading post home screenshot a section called ‘recently viewed’. This in combination with the reworked my transactions list should make regular item repeats much much more accessible.

That would be awesome, ty.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

In my opinion, it’s ridiculous to get upset about this. The ability to trade gold for gems and buy gems with cash has been in the game since it started.

Also, the fact that people can do this is one of the reasons most people get to play the game for free. As shocking as it is, servers, employees, and bandwidth all cost money and your initial purchase just won’t cover it.

Seriously? I need to quote it again ALREADY?

Its amazing ppl are happy about TP changes.
Ill just leave this here.

GW1: released in April 26, 2005
GW1Canthan: released in April 28 2006
GW1Nightfall:released in October 26, 2006

(by April 2009 6million copies sold)

^^^ all that content, all the skins, gear, levels, setting restrictions for terrain, art and development and so on.

Gw2: released August 28, 2012
Gw2: releases small content and major patches to edit infrastructure over 2 years
Gw2 serious content expansion: still nothing, just conjecture from ppl I’ve never met on these forums

By August 2013 they had sold 3.5million copies of Gw2

& they could still sell things like boosters, gathering tools, etc. & keep most of the armor & weapons for in-game. ya’know.. like something to shoot for? Rewards?

That’s a four year time-span versus two and if you take into account the China sales, GW2 has already sold more copies than GW1: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/guild-wars-2-sells-3-8m-copies-in-china/0135219

Just sayin’.

Behellagh.1468

Those China numbers were disavowed by ANet. They think someone confused characters made Vs accounts sold.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

An honest, sincere question here, regarding the lack of a ‘show total profit’ feature.

• When selling close to vendor price. Will I lose money if I sell it instead of vendoring?
  • When selling things you may need to get cash you need more. Will I get 7g 13s more which I need for an exo sword from selling 10 lodestones, or should I sell 11 lodestones?
  • When flipping items. I bought this item at 3g 71s 21c, will I get profit if I relist it for 4g 25s which is below the lowest offer now, or should I list it at 4g 50s and wait a bit more because I know the market likes to shift during weekends?
20 level 80s and counting.

Behellagh.1468

• When selling close to vendor price. Will I lose money if I sell it instead of vendoring?
  • When selling things you may need to get cash you need more. Will I get 7g 13s more which I need for an exo sword from selling 10 lodestones, or should I sell 11 lodestones?
  • When flipping items. I bought this item at 3g 71s 21c, will I get profit if I relist it for 4g 25s which is below the lowest offer now, or should I list it at 4g 50s and wait a bit more because I know the market likes to shift during weekends?

All of this is solved by using a calculator.

Right now the TP has none of these abilities either without doing a bit of math.

RIP City of Heroes

Lishtenbird.2814

All of this is solved by using a calculator.

Right now the TP has none of these abilities either without doing a bit of math.

Aaand?

Right now searching for backpieces is solved by typing “spineguard” or “back” or something; why change it? Right now searching for light armour is solved by hovering over all items and checking the weight description; why change it?

And that, surprise surprise, is the point of making improvementsto make life easier by removing unnecessary operations which can be easily done by a PC but require extra time and concentration from a human being. Weight filtering can be done by a value match script, backpiece filtering can be done by adding a value to the category and match script, projected profit can be done by a simple X – A – B javascript subtract operation.

It feels like some people are opposed to improvements “just because”. I didn’t buy an online videogame in 2013 to play on a PC with 3.40GHz CPU, 16GB RAM and UltraHD display to type numbers on an offline calculator.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Behellagh.1468

Sorry I confused you with someone who said they will stop using the TP until they fixed this. Since they didn’t break it but rather not fix it I found that comment ridiculous.

I’m not opposed to improvements, I’ve recommended some myself but they are the kind only ANet can provide and not something I can alt-tab up the Windows Calulator or do in my head.

It’s also a matter of layout. They could combine the fee and tax and have the second line as net profit. But the fee portion is nonrefundable and if you don’t have enough for the price you want to post the item for the fee field probably indicates the error which is the reason they don’t want to merge it. You could have just the fee and net profit but that still would leave some to scratch their heads as to where the rest of the money went which they thought was the more serious question to solve. And there isn’t aesthetically room for a third piece of information in that layout.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Snip

Thanks for the clarifications Curtis, would it be possible to clarify the missing “Projected profit” UI element, it seems to be missing for no real reason other than to now arbitrarily calculate yourself how much money you make per sale instead of being able to see it directly on the screen.

We felt it was important when selling something to know exactly what price your buyer was going to see. The change also is the least cluttered way to address feedback we received previously about profit including / not including fees and wanting to be as clear as possible on the order of operations.

We’re balancing a lot of UX design against desire for more information with the new UI.. We’ll be watching to see what sort of confusion comes out of this and may or may not re-introduce a net profit display later.

Instead of showing

Listing Fee
Exchange Fee

Just display it as

Trading Post Fees
Total Profit

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter about the individual fee’s as we have to pay them regardless, so combine them and just show what the total amount we lose it, and the total amount we gain is, seems a lot simpler than trying to work out overall profit, espically if you are selling x10 or x100 of an item, why make it overly complicated for us.

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

I think it’s quite funny how they praise their ‘hard work’ in the article:

- " It’s required a total rewrite of the Trading Post front end, but the results are worth it."
-“The first iteration of the Trading Post didn’t do a great job of exposing its offerings to users, and that’s something we’ve worked hard to improve.”
- “Searching has always been integral to the Trading Post experience, and we’ve worked to really polish it and ensure that it’s better than ever in this release.”
- “This is probably the most visible aspect of how we’ve beefed up the filters available to you, but it’s certainly not the only one.”
- Etc.

But the moment they start talking about the listing fees and stuff (of wich a lot of people complain about being huge gold sinks) they suddenly change to a fictional character:

- “Evon Gnashblade spent years and considerable resources building up the infrastructure necessary……”
- “Feeding all those birds that shuttle your wares to the Trading Post isn’t cheap, or so Evon claims.”

Right… and so Evon claims…

Just thought it was funny.

I’m overall not really impressed with the feature patch, but that’s my opinion. I will look forward to the new achievements and what they’ll give us. I think that will keep me busy for a while.

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Lishtenbird.2814

And there isn’t aesthetically room for a third piece of information in that layout.

Here you go.

For me, the extra space there looks exactly like something to put “projected profit” into.

(Also, while making these images, I once again saw that having leading zeros would’ve been really good for improving clarity).

Attachments:

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Will the new TP have the programming hooks to be considered interaction with the game, or are we still going to get disconnected for “idling” while using it?

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

I really like the changes, but I have to admit that I never noticed that there was a second fee besides the listing fee… ._.

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

Here you go.

For me, the extra space there looks exactly like something to put “projected profit” into.

Very nice pictures above, good job! Now this is what we are talking about. Please make sure your design team views these.

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

The one thing that I always wanted and suggested was being able to sell to the highest Buy Order and let the tp take the fees when the sale was completed, letting you pick up the difference. So that if you had a high dollar item to sale you could benefit from it without farming for days just to pay listings before you could even put the item up for sale. If you was trying to get best price then paying upfront fees for listing a Sale Order would be required.
I was told that the way the TP works they could not do this by a Dev, that they would have to rework the entire way the TP worked for that and it was not gonna happen. Yet they did rework it but lazily just left that same old way of handling the fees in there. To me it just make more sense to do it the way I suggest.

I like the new improvements but still wish this one feature had come with the updates to the TP as well. This would have been the cherry on the top. Guess this is never gonna see the light of day.

Posted by: WGuardian.1028

WGuardian.1028

Here you go.

(Also, while making these images, I once again saw that having leading zeros would’ve been really good for improving clarity).

Pretty good placement of the “projected profit” but answer some questions pls:

1. When this transaction is made what number u will c in your pick-up box?

2. Goes from 1 – your 3d picture have “minus” and “equal” signs but are TP’s fees work like this?

I think devs already answerd this and some more questions when they had discussions about TP v2.0 and it’s more complicated to make it more userfreindly then players think.

If u just update your 3d picture with even more signs it won’t be any better cause players will just “get lost” in the interface.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think a good way to show the information would be how gw2spidy does it.

Sell price
-list fee
-sell fee
=total money back

4 lines, very simple, gives you everything you need to know.

Behellagh.1468

And there isn’t aesthetically room for a third piece of information in that layout.

Here you go.

Either option throws off the balance/symmetry of the dialog.

Here’s an idea, a small “button” that toggles between the two fees and gross (minus just the sale tax or what’s in your pick up area) and net profits (minus the posting fee and sales tax). The “button” could simply be the two fields themselves. Make the mode sticky within the game session but have the default be the fee/tax pair.

Maybe in TP 2.1

RIP City of Heroes

Lishtenbird.2814

Pretty good placement of the “projected profit” but answer some questions pls:

1. When this transaction is made what number u will c in your pick-up box?

2. Goes from 1 – your 3d picture have “minus” and “equal” signs but are TP’s fees work like this?

I think devs already answerd this and some more questions when they had discussions about TP v2.0 and it’s more complicated to make it more userfreindly then players think.

If u just update your 3d picture with even more signs it won’t be any better cause players will just “get lost” in the interface.

1. If you sell an item for 1g, 5s will be subtracted from your wallet the moment you list, 90s will be put into pick up tab the moment it sells.

2. It doesn’t really matter how TP fees work. What matters is that the profit from the operation is +85s, which is the ultimate information a player needs, even if it works kitten + 90s = 85s. That’s why gw2spidy does it that way. As for supplemental info, the best option is hovering tooltips which say “Listing fee is subtracted immediately from your current funds when listing items. It is unrefundable even if you remove the item from listing.” and “Exchange fee is taken upon successful transaction. Exchange fee will not be taken if you remove the item from listing.”, respectively.

If I have 9g 15s and need 85s more in my wallet to get 10g, I list an item for 1g and see I’ll get 85s once everything’s done. I don’t care that my funds are now 9g 10s, I don’t care that I pick up 90s, all I care that in the end I get 10g.

Because if I do it with the current system, if I list something with a “projected profit” of 85s, I won’t get 10g total. Which is silly, because “projected profit” has the word profit, and doesn’t say “projected amount of money I’ll pick up” instead, even though that’s exactly what it means currently.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

Why can’t we see the buy price in the search results screen?

Also, this wasn’t covered in the article but please please please tell me the default buy price is not the vendor price any more. Of all the default values to choose, I have no idea why you would default to the one value nobody ever wants to sell something at. Fingers crossed for an easy way to issue buy orders without typing the full price every single time – ie, defaulting to the highest current buy order or even better, highest+1c.

That’s probably too much to ask

WGuardian.1028

1. If you sell an item for 1g, 5s will be subtracted from your wallet the moment you list, 90s will be put into pick up tab the moment it sells.

So numbers will differ and this will make some troubles for ppl who r not used to TP (but in TP v1.0 it’s not better; I had issues with seeing different numbers in pick-up tab and in sell tab) or who dont use it frequently. Your suggestion to give 3 numbers will lead to same issues as we have now.

It doesn’t really matter how TP fees work. What matters is that the profit from the operation is +85s, which is the ultimate information a player needs, even if it works kitten + 90s = 85s.

It does matter in most cases. I can agree that it doesnt if u make 1 transaction so u dont need that 5s (if we talk about small amount of gold involved) for next operation. As i said before it makes troubles from nowhere for ppl who or not using TP frequently. If u r TP player or just someone who use it more then once or twice a day then u won’t have any problems with different numbers.

That’s why gw2spidy does it that way. As for supplemental info, the best option is hovering tooltips which say “Listing fee is subtracted immediately from your current funds when listing items. It is unrefundable even if you remove the item from listing.” and “Exchange fee is taken upon successful transaction. Exchange fee will not be taken if you remove the item from listing.”, respectively.

gw2spidy is 3d party site and used by ppl who involved in TP games on some lvl (im not talking about flipers or something). And tooltips won’t help here cause ordinary player won’t even hover over that line. Best solution will be forced tutorial as 1 of steps in PS or something like that.

If I have 9g 15s and need 85s more in my wallet to get 10g, I list an item for 1g and see I’ll get 85s once everything’s done. I don’t care that my funds are now 9g 10s, I don’t care that I pick up 90s, all I care that in the end I get 10g.

U will care if it’s not 5s fee but 100g, will u?

Part of my job is development of interfaces for different applications and i can tell u that interface of new TP is close to the limit of numbers of buttons/tabs/pop-up windows/links between windows which is user freindly. Of course it’s only first impression from what i saw in blog post. If u add more elements u will just confuse ppl even more. If interface is used for not just pick out “ok” or “cancel” then some part of functionality should be done on user side. As for now i dont like the implementation of this particular feature but i like overall changes that they made to TP.

Edit: all what i said is coming from player who is not using TP on regular basis but i’m using it from time to time.

(edited by WGuardian.1028)

Lishtenbird.2814

Best solution will be forced tutorial as 1 of steps in PS or something like that.

• A new hint, similar to skill hints and so on.
  • The basics explained on the 1st “intro” panel. It has repetitive information anyway.
  • An (i) or (?) small icon to click/hover over to show that additional info tooltip is available.

So numbers will differ and this will make some troubles for ppl who r not used to TP (but in TP v1.0 it’s not better; I had issues with seeing different numbers in pick-up tab and in sell tab) or who dont use it frequently. Your suggestion to give 3 numbers will lead to same issues as we have now.

If people don’t care to read the info they are presented, that’s their problem. However if the “projected profit” lies about the actual profit, that’s the problem of the UI. But I agree that adding – and = might oversimplify things; still, the same layout can be done without them.

U will care if it’s not 5s fee but 100g, will u?

• I will see that fee in the “listing fee” field.
  • Selling an item with a 100g listing fee and never ever learning the basics of TP is very unlikely.
  • If one fails to read “listing fee” and understand that it’s a fee taken for listing an item… I don’t think anything in the UI can be done to help that person.

And again, what I care about over everything else is how much money I will receive in the end once I sell the item. That’s the bottom line, while everything else can be optional information – not the other way around.

Part of my job is development of interfaces for different applications and i can tell u that interface of new TP is close to the limit of numbers of buttons/tabs/pop-up windows/links between windows which is user freindly. Of course it’s only first impression from what i saw in blog post. If u add more elements u will just confuse ppl even more. If interface is used for not just pick out “ok” or “cancel” then some part of functionality should be done on user side. As for now i dont like the implementation of this particular feature but i like overall changes that they made to TP.

Then just remove the total price (which is only important to buyers) and replace it with total profit, which is what is most important to every seller (and seller is that very person who’s using the sell panel, not the buyer).

WGuardian.1028

And again, what I care about over everything else is how much money I will receive in the end once I sell the item. That’s the bottom line, while everything else can be optional information – not the other way around.

Agree with this.

Then just remove the total price (which is only important to buyers) and replace it with total profit, which is what is most important to every seller (and seller is that very person who’s using the sell panel, not the buyer).

So u wnat to enter not the “price per unit” in sell tab but “profit per unit”. Agree with this as well. It can be better than it’s now but we have that “Current buyers” and “Current sellers” windows which will need revision. After that anet needs to decide if they go with 2 different “Current buyers” and “Current sellers” windows (4 in total) for buyer tab and seller tab. If they do then it’s aditional time to develope and test new
entity. If they decide to change existing windows then they need to make changes to buyer tab cause that person want to c what money he needs to pay and not the profit seller will get.
Maybe we will c changes before release but more likely this will hapenn some time after if it ever will.