Unable to login/Disconnected After Map Change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Try closing your game completely and then loading it back up and giving it another try.

A character load attempt > close game > load again seems to be what fixes the problem for others still experiencing the issue.

Yup, that worked. Cheers!

Glad to hear all it took was a client restart post-patching. Have fun!

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

it’s working again.
thanks for the fast fix!

Posted by: Aku Punksha.1542

Aku Punksha.1542

Thanks for the fix, but I have an ongoing issue.

Account 1 – the problem with not map loading went away and I played some.

Account 2 – running off the same computer and dat file – problem still there – I even reloaded account 1 twice successfully but when I went to account 2 I got that wonderfully stirring music but map load would fail, the error would flick up and then boot.

Account 3 – housemate – different computer – will load

Edit – never mind – good old power recycle fixed the issue on account 2 – false alarm.

(edited by Aku Punksha.1542)

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

Maybe now that this issue is taken care of it’ll help teach you guys at arenanet to not just shove kitten out the door without testing it first.

Posted by: TheShake.8216

TheShake.8216

Still getting Network error 1083:5:7:1595:101 here. Tried several characters on different maps.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Still getting Network error 1083:5:7:1595:101 here. Tried several characters on different maps.

If you can log in on one character, zone them into another map then try to log onto someone else. If you must, force-load a map by maptravelling to a zone with an alt in it to load it. That’s how I unstuck my characters.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: In Nox Mani.7892

In Nox Mani.7892

Still cant get in, its morning and nadda.I just crash an get network error and dc then it loads back up from downloader and I can log in again but when I get to map screen it just always dc’s

Posted by: Ursa of NICE.7436

Ursa of NICE.7436

I have not been able to log in for 8 hours. What is going on?

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

All I can say at this point is that our devs are still hard at work on this issue.

Give them a [&AgEVMQAA] for solving it :D

Posted by: Ashreon.2840

Ashreon.2840

It is not solved yet… So no whatever for the Devs.

Sorry, but for a very popular game title with the funds to actually prevent this through proper testing. Going on 12 hours or more – this is entirely unacceptable.
- Minor hickups are to be expected but to be completely barred from playing. Is not.

Posted by: Lycurgus.9264

Lycurgus.9264

Cannot get in even on characters in Frostgorge or any zone. I have no problem logging into other games and playing them so GW2 is still fubar.

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Still cannot get in. Hope this gets fixed before I get home from work. This has been affecting me since 11 pm est last night…I understand and relate as I work in IT so I have sympathy.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

I get it every so often still :/ it took me 3 times to get in this time and i am afraid to move maps lol

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Been almost 10 hours, tried 3 different characters to log in and continue to get “network error” with code=1083:5:7:1595:101 when trying to lode the first map from the character selection screen.

Trying to get a little play time in before work today, but guess it’ll have to wait until after work.

If this isn’t resolved by 24 hours after it started I’ll honestly be very disappointed. Maybe just role back whatever patches were put out yesterday and then test this stuff internally before it gets released.

Posted by: Andrew Bourgeois.4023

Andrew Bourgeois.4023

Same issue (1083:5:7:1595:101) for me.
Trying to load a character results in the above error after 10+ seconds.
All my other accounts are OK.

Posted by: brute.1970

brute.1970

The server is still down, I can’t get in after login

Posted by: Delgotta.3817

Delgotta.3817

im still stuck as well, tried on several characters.

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

I cant login with any character. Im fine with one or two minor bugs, but not being able to play the game , this is just too much. Specially after paying 50 bucks for a meh expansion. Fix it.

Posted by: Delgotta.3817

Delgotta.3817

managed to get in on one that i didnt use durring the issues and he got in, it
unstuck the others.

Posted by: Flowe.1835

Flowe.1835

I haven’t been able to log in at all for well ovef 8 hours, I’ve been trying all night. “Network error – please check your internet connection and try again.” wtf? MY internet connection? since I’ve been trying to log in I have watched stuff on Netflix, watched some youtube, checked my email, BEEN BROWSING THROUGH THE FORUMS, and have been to another forum I frequent often, I’ve even done some online window shopping, so…. how can it be MY internet connection? not being able to log in all night long is sad, you would think that a huge company like arenanet would have around the clock support, people who handles this kind of thing at this time of night. but no, its like they just dropped the game and said “well if millions of people can’t play tonight then oh well, the game is just going to have to be dead for hours on end until we come back tomorrow.” O.O that just seems like something a major company like anet wouldn’t do, I’m shocked the game’s been dead all night.

I’m in the same spot. I’m home as I am sick, and I can’t play. I log in, and then when I try to connect I get 1083:5:7:1595:101 error code… But I’m connection to every other server on anything else with no error.

Posted by: MadBella.6027

MadBella.6027

Just a reference point. I am still having this problem. My thief is in Mad Kings Lab. And when I try to play it zone spins for about 3 mins then boots me saying connection error. Entire game then resets, checks for update, and I have to re-login.

Posted by: iJest.4139

iJest.4139

managed to get in on one that i didnt use durring the issues and he got in, it
unstuck the others.

This worked for me. Thanks very much!

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I repaired my client and turned off streaming client. That worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Last night I was able to get in after running a repair on the game client… might be an option for others, too.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

I’m happy to report that I am successfully back in game too. Minus a small hangup of walking through a portal from one map to another and being “ported” to a place I wasn’t supposed to be (not to the other portal on the other end but rather some random spot on the map), I ran back and forth in between the maps to confirm that was a “fluke”, it appears to have been. I was also able to successfully enter the “instance” for my story, so I am content now that I know I’ll be able to continue my story line today!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

Posted by: Layenne.5124

Layenne.5124

I’m able to log in but the game still won’t let me play?! I’m feeling really frustrated simply because of the fact that I just spent a large amount of money to upgrade and now I can’t even play..

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

You know Anet, this just goes to show that we’re not so different.

I always felt that you guys had trouble connecting with us players. Now I can see that sometimes we players have trouble connecting to you as well.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

We’ve completed the maintenance. There are a few smaller issues that the team will investigate tomorrow morning, however most players should be able to get in as of this moment. If this isn’t the case for you, please let us know.

Still not working for me. Like before, I can log in but as soon as I select a character and try to enter the game it crashes

Edit: It crashed the first time I used it this morning like it did last night, but seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Seems to still be going on. Even when we can get in and play a bit, anytime I go to a waypoint or change maps the problem comes back. Hopefully they will post an update to this soon.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Next day – OK game is up and running fine. Problems happen, I’ve been critical of Anet in the past. But when the in-game announcement came (yellow text) and said the servers were going down for maintenance – the added “expect 30 minutes” showed some appreciation for gamers. Thank you “Susan”

Posted by: CobOfCorn.6352

CobOfCorn.6352

Left my main in heart of the mists, straight to black and error report after the loadscreen.

Ably

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Still can’t get into the game the next morning. I tried the repair function mentioned but it keeps stopping and (Not Responding). What did you guys break?

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Still can’t get into the game the next morning. I tried the repair function mentioned but it keeps stopping and (Not Responding). What did you guys break?

The repair cycle dipping into the ‘Not Responding’ state is perfectly normal. You just need to allow it to finish on its own. It shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes. There isn’t a guarantee that the repair will fix the connection problem for you, but it has for some others.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Takiton.1458

Takiton.1458

After character log in screen it loads a miniute then says “The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:191:101)”

It was doing this last night too.

Posted by: IceCold.3542

IceCold.3542

Last night I couldn’t get in at all. Then I could get in on my main, but not a new Revenant. Today, I tried again with Rev, but no joy, so logged in on my main. Then, whaddayaknow? I can log in on my Rev now into LA. Went through Asura gate to Black Citadel. All seems ok now.

Posted by: Morpeth.5318

Morpeth.5318

I’m still having problems as of 1:45 PST, crashing when trying to load a character into the map. I can logon, but I can’t play… would like to do more of the Halloween event, given it’s a short time frame — I’m getting a bit annoyed. This patch was a real weiner.

IceCold.3542

I’m still having problems as of 1:45 PST, crashing when trying to load a character into the map. I can logon, but I can’t play… would like to do more of the Halloween event, given it’s a short time frame — I’m getting a bit annoyed. This patch was a real weiner.

Try what I and others have done…log in with another character, play a bit, then try again.

Posted by: Zanish Ele.1746

Zanish Ele.1746

I am also having trouble after the long on screen. After choosing a character to play the games crashed when trying to load that character as well as its last location. I have included a NetworkDiag.log file that might be useful. However currently the game is working fine after doing this step.

Attachments:

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Great, so GW2 is broken

IceCold.3542

I am also having trouble after the long on screen. After choosing a character to play the games crashed when trying to load that character as well as its last location. I have included a NetworkDiag.log file that might be useful. However currently the game is working fine after doing this step.

After doing which step? The change character?

Posted by: Griffon.4716

Griffon.4716

I had the same issues last night at around 9PM PST. I tried logging in today, the 29th at 3PM PST, and I am getting network error code = 1083:5:7:1595:101. I have tried on multiple characters in multiple zones. Any fix for this?

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

Still experiencing the same network issue.

Posted by: MidoPioneer.5170

MidoPioneer.5170

Same for me, I can login to the character select screen but when I click on my thief the map loading screen pops up then I get a Network problem error pop up and game restarts…
I did not pay another 50$ to get this really…

Maxeme – FSP

Posted by: Imortalized.6851

Imortalized.6851

I don’t know if the problem has yet been resolved but my game keeps disconnecting me from the game, i thought maybe its my computer so i restored it to factory settings and re-downloaded the game entirely and it seems to still have problems so it has to be the game please Anet i beg you fix the problem asap i would really like to get back into the game and play the remaining time that Halloween event has left

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

If you are experiencing the network error while logging into a character try to guest on another server and then log in the character again.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Looks like it’s starting again!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: RabidCoqui.1983

RabidCoqui.1983

Still happening… fixed it once by repairing, but that is not something I’m going to do every time servers decide to dc me…

Edit: Switching characters a couple times seems to have fixed it for me so far…

(edited by RabidCoqui.1983)

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

Guesting did not help. I am unable to get into the game due to this error again.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Mordys mind games are at it again. He’s blighted the hamster this time

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

gonna start loosing customers at this rate

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps