Unhappy with NPE Changes

Unhappy with NPE Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

I’d let a 6 year old play this. I was playing DOOM and Killter Instinct at 6ish.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

They wouldn’t be getting mocked if they didn’t release a patch with more bugs than a entomology laboratory.

Have you worked in one of those? I don’t think that’s actually possible.

They’ve tossed us a patch, a patch that contains such wonders as not being able to join friends unless you have a VIP item that they swore would never ‘ever’ come to the Western version of the game.

Yeah, I’m going to need proof. Like . . . now.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SO-I-CANNOT-join-my-friend-in-a-zone-now/first#post4393656

A ‘Bug’ that is stopping a player joining the same map as their wife for Tequatil because he doesn’t have the VIP teleport/join friend item.

With a red post to say ‘its totes a bug for reals, not intended really honest’

So show me the item. Now

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@catctus

You mean this red post?

Guys, this is a bug and we’re working on fixing it right now. I want to take a second to remind you of two things that we’ve mentioned before: First, if you see something that you think isn’t working properly, please use /bug in game so the right people can be notified immediately. (Talking it over on the forum is fine too–sharing the details with us and other players can be enormously helpful)

Second, datamined content is unfinished and subject to an enormous amount of change, so it’s always a bad idea to make assumptions about a situation based on it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

@catctus

You mean this red post?

Guys, this is a bug and we’re working on fixing it right now. I want to take a second to remind you of two things that we’ve mentioned before: First, if you see something that you think isn’t working properly, please use /bug in game so the right people can be notified immediately. (Talking it over on the forum is fine too–sharing the details with us and other players can be enormously helpful)

Second, datamined content is unfinished and subject to an enormous amount of change, so it’s always a bad idea to make assumptions about a situation based on it.

Yes particularly the first line, kinda obvious they haven’t done enough Q.A to ensure that the patch isn’t calling for items they are ‘for realisies’ not intending to sneak in later.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I have no ideea why they did not introduce a skippable tutorial for this game… You make a new character and you are put into a tutorial which shows you the works. Then, once you have completed this tutorial for the first time on your account, you get the option to skip it for every new character you make. It’s so simple it boggles the mind why it is absent…

Why they had to go and take stuff away only to feed it back by the spoonful is beyond me. They did it first with the traits, but this is beyond any form of reason. And they had the nerve to announce this “feature” as an improvement.

ANet, I have a better ideea that would fall in line with this policy of yours. Since new players have it harder to level now and the experience is different than older players had it back in the day and it’s not fair to the new players, why not reduce the level of every character in the game to, say, level 3 (have to keep it fair, right?!) and have everyone level all their characters again. After all, you deleted player progression once before, why not do it again?! And say this will determine everyone’s placement on a Leveling Leaderboard which is in the works and will be made public. Soon.

Hoooray, what jolly fun we would have!

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Since I can’t play the game the first time again, I can’t really provide useful feedback on this topic, but this NPE (New player experience?) didn’t get too much positive feedback from alt creators, and for this I think this should be an one time thing.
(..)

Most, and I do mean most, of those alt creators that are qqing are key farmers.
Then you have established people that would #1#1#1 with their alts till 80 while farming the same event chain on some hot spots, so in all fairness recent changes could go mostly unnoticed, the problem is they now have to explore the world to unlock traits, “how could Anet force me to play the game? All they care about is gems”.

Honestly how many veteran are pumping out that many alts?
And actual new players don’t even have a basis of comparison and given the leveling process is so fast, how is any of this a bad thing except for the key farmers?

To the OP, congratulations on having a boy that can read at the age 6.
I must also congratulate him for being able to follow the story and get invested on it to the point where making death rain on the enemies in the story instance is super fun, but on the open map till he gets to lvl 10 (in what? One afternoon?) not so much, just no!

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

You make it sound like farming is a bad thing. For all we know, key farmers are doing so because it’s the only thing left they enjoy in the game. How would you feel if the last aspect of the game that you like gets removed for no valid justification? Anet already stated that it is acceptable after all.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Dean Calaway.9718

You make it sound like farming is a bad thing. For all we know, key farmers are doing so because it’s the only thing left they enjoy in the game. How would you feel if the last aspect of the game that you like gets removed for no valid justification? Anet already stated that it is acceptable after all.

Nobody enjoys key farming, it’s a 10~15 minute loop people repeat N times for a chance to get tickets so they can trade them for expensive skins to sell them on the market for gold.

And I didn’t say it was specifically a bad thing, although I’d rather get shot on the back of the head than key farm all day.
What I said was, they’re discontent because these changes affect their farm, but they complain like it’s a bad thing mechanic-wise when in reality they couldn’t care less about that.

Even if they do make an alt to actually play, they’ll sail over this new leveling to 10 in less than hour.
In the old system people would just #1#1#1#1 anyway, now they’re complaining there’s not enough dept in the first hour of the game? Not to mention a veteran player has a few tomes to jump to 20 right away by now.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

pdavis.8031

Nobody enjoys key farming, it’s a 10~15 minute loop people repeat N times for a chance to get tickets so they can trade them for expensive skins to sell them on the market for gold.

And I didn’t say it was specifically a bad thing, although I’d rather get shot on the back of the head than key farm all day.
What I said was, they’re discontent because these changes affect their farm, but they complain like it’s a bad thing mechanic-wise when in reality they couldn’t care less about that.

Even if they do make an alt to actually play, they’ll sail over this new leveling to 10 in less than hour.
In the old system people would just #1#1#1#1 anyway, now they’re complaining there’s not enough dept in the first hour of the game? Not to mention a veteran player has a few tomes to jump to 20 right away by now.

I actually didn’t mind key farming. It was kind of fun. Didn’t do it all the time, but a couple of runs here and there.

recognize my command!”

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Leo Paul.1659

You do not speak for everyone. A person who really is only invested in making gold will find key farming one of the more inefficient methods of generating income.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Dean Calaway.9718

You do not speak for everyone. A person who really is only invested in making gold will find key farming one of the more inefficient methods of generating income.

Ok, so you are insisting people key farm for the enjoyment, not the rewards? Which by not being limited to gold have a valid appeal unlike what you are trying to paint.

What was so enjoyable on repeating the personal story till 10 while skipping all the dialog, deleting the char and do it again and again?

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Leo Paul.1659

Ok, so you are insisting people key farm for the enjoyment, not the rewards? Which by not being limited to gold have a valid appeal unlike what you are trying to paint.

What was so enjoyable on repeating the personal story till 10 while skipping all the dialog, deleting the char and do it again and again?

Do you only see things in black and white? Why the penchant for false dichotomy?

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Dean Calaway.9718

Do you only see things in black and white? Why the penchant for false dichotomy?

This case is black and white because there’s nothing complicated about it.

The only people upset are the ones that lost the keyfarm, but aren’t even brave enough to openly admit that.

Instead they go around complaining how bad it is for gameplay and combat depth in early levels when they couldn’t care less about something they’d normally only do once every few months (read create a new alt to play) and that’s dealt with in an hour.

If people are upset about losing the farm, they should say so, not hide behind false concern and give Anet an ultimatum, all people ever wanted was to power level, levelling to 10 is allegedly faster now than it was before, so what’s the problem? You know, besides no more keyfarm?

Unhappy with NPE Changes

pdavis.8031

The only people upset are the ones that lost the keyfarm, but aren’t even brave enough to openly admit that.

Instead they go around complaining how bad it is for gameplay and combat depth in early levels when they couldn’t care less about something they’d normally only do once every few months (read create a new alt to play) and that’s dealt with in an hour.

If people are upset about losing the farm, they should say so, not hide behind false concern and give Anet an ultimatum, all people ever wanted was to power level, levelling to 10 is allegedly faster now than it was before, so what’s the problem? You know, besides no more keyfarm?

As a one time key farmer, I wasn’t upset that the key farm was removed. I am upset at how terrible the NPE is, especially for those who like to have alts. Yes, leveling is faster now. Thats not the issue. The issue is level gating everything, and treating me like I don’t know what I’m doing. Before I was able to get all my weapon skills unlocked around level 5, and that was if I wasn’t grinding them out quickly. Now I have to wait until level 10. I can no longer use any utilities until level 13. By level 10 before I was able to have at least a couple unlocked by doing all the skill points, and using scrolls if I had any. While I don’t mind the compass thing, as I can turn it off, or the dodging tutorials and what not. Those things are optional and I can skip them. But thats not the issue. The main issue, at least for me, is being dictated on how I should play the game. Why do I need to grind out levels, just to be able to use the skills inherent with my character? Why do I need to wait until X level to be able to play the story? The first chapter unlocks at 10. Thats fine, whatever, I can deal with it. But I can go straight through those chapters, and maybe level up a bit. But I can’t do the next chapter until I get to level 20. So I have to step away from a “seamless” story to grind out some more levels, just to continue the story. I like the story, and want to go through it, but am restricted on when Anet feels that I can. I goes against EVERYTHING an MMO is all about. And thats why I am upset. Its not the key farm, its the NPE that ruins it for new players, and vets alike.

recognize my command!”

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

wow do people actually take these threads seriously? OP is probably about 14 years old anyway.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

pdavis.8031

wow do people actually take these threads seriously? OP is probably about 14 years old anyway.

A 14 year old with a 6 year old son? They were 8 when they became a parent? Not likely. The point of the thread, is that the OP is unhappy with the NPE changes, and many of us are as well.

recognize my command!”

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Dean Calaway.9718

(…)Yes, leveling is faster now. (…) Before I was able to get all my weapon skills unlocked around level 5, and that was if I wasn’t grinding them out quickly. Now I have to wait until level 10. I can no longer use any utilities until level 13. By level 10 before I was able to have at least a couple unlocked by doing all the skill points, and using scrolls if I had any.

Again, being this something thats dealt with in an incredible short time I don’t see the reason for so many people to be so upset up, how many alts does an altholic have and how often do they start one for this to be such a huge deal?

The main issue, at least for me, is being dictated on how I should play the game. Why do I need to grind out levels, just to be able to use the skills inherent with my character?

Gating skills with levels was always a game mechanic, now it takes a bit longer, arguably, since I think now, minute for minute, you’ll be able to unlock every weapon skill faster than you could.
You still play it the same way, only now maybe new players will take the time to understand individual skills and don’t get the impression the game is too spammy, while vets, again, will deal with it quick enough to be any real bother.

Why do I need to wait until X level to be able to play the story? The first chapter unlocks at 10. Thats fine, whatever, I can deal with it. But I can go straight through those chapters, and maybe level up a bit. But I can’t do the next chapter until I get to level 20. So I have to step away from a “seamless” story to grind out some more levels, just to continue the story. I like the story, and want to go through it, but am restricted on when Anet feels that I can.

Personal story was never, ever meant to be played one instance after the other from beginning to end.
It was actually quite a common complain that new players brought to the forums while seasoned players explained they couldn’t do that, countless were the threads about this and how the game failed to tell people they had to step away from the personal story now and then to gain a few levels before they could continue, it was poor design many said.
Now that Anet locks it to avoid people falling into it and having a bad time, that’s a reason to complain?

Unhappy with NPE Changes

pdavis.8031

Again, being this something thats dealt with in an incredible short time I don’t see the reason for so many people to be so upset up, how many alts does an altholic have and how often do they start one for this to be such a huge deal?

Gating skills with levels was always a game mechanic, now it takes a bit longer, arguably, since I think now, minute for minute, you’ll be able to unlock every weapon skill faster than you could.
You still play it the same way, only now maybe new players will take the time to understand individual skills and don’t get the impression the game is too spammy, while vets, again, will deal with it quick enough to be any real bother.

Personal story was never, ever meant to be played one instance after the other from beginning to end.
It was actually quite a common complain that new players brought to the forums while seasoned players explained they couldn’t do that, countless were the threads about this and how the game failed to tell people they had to step away from the personal story now and then to gain a few levels before they could continue, it was poor design many said.
Now that Anet locks it to avoid people falling into it and having a bad time, that’s a reason to complain?

Weapon skills: While leveing is a bit faster, and one can argue that unlocking weapon skills this way is faster, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s the perception of a forced grind. The other way felt much more natural, was easier to understand, and had more of a sense of progression. This way just makes it feel much more limited, no flow, and grindy. I want to fully unlock my weapon? hold on let me grind a few levels first. Instead of I want to fully unlock my weapon? KILL ALL THE THINGS!!!11 (because killing things is fun ) It doesn’t matter how many alts you have, or how often you roll a new one, these things should not be locked behind a certain level. This isn’t D&D.

Skills/utilities/traits: By the time I am level 13 I should already be using my professions unique abilities. Not just learning about them. Even if it’s just 1. The utilies greatly change how you play. Gating abilities behind progress is fine, but not behind X level. Progress does not always equal leveling up. I like the idea of unlocking traits behind events, and certain things. It adds progression. But locking them behind a level? Not ok. Again, it add grind and removes the natural flow of progression and discovery.

PS: One of the great things about the PS is I could do it at any level. The recommended level was there, but doing it under leveled was fun and a bit of a challenge. If I wanted to, I could just do PS and explore and enjoy the game. Now I feel I have to grind out to level 10, just to be able to start using my character, and enjoying the game. Finished with the first chapter, but still not level 20? Oh, back to grinding. Again, no natural progession, not flow, and it feels forced.

If players were having a hard time ,sure they could go away, level up, and come back. I never felt I HAD to be a certain level to do the PS. Even as a new player. I actually did many of the story steps underleveled, and it was hard, but it was fun and exciting. This new way removes that optional challenge, forces me to grind out a few more levels just to be able to play it, and so it’s not “too challenging”.

It’s not about how faster/easier it is. It’s about how we feel forced to grind, forced to do something, and forced to play the game a certain way. And if you don’t do it this way, then you can’t play the game. Thats why we are upset, and thats why we are speaking out.

To put it another way, lets say you bought a shirt at J.C. Pennys. It’s a great shirt, and you really love it, and wear it everyday. It’s your most favorite shirt of all time. Then you get a letter from J.C. Pennys saying “You can no longer wear that shirt on Tuesdays, Thursdays after 5pm, and Sundays. And when you do wear the shirt, you can only wear the shirt with blue jeans, burmuda shorts, or black leggings. However, for the first month we will only allow you to wear it with the leggings. The second month, with leggings and/or shorts, and the third month with pants. After that you can choose a combination, or one of these things. Any accessories you want to wear with the shirt will be available at a later time, and we will notify you when those things become available. Thank you!”

recognize my command!”

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

imo, 6-year-olds shouldn’t be exposed to video game violence.

I don’t see the issue, as long as you make sure they know the difference between games and real life. However, I wouldn’t let them play anything like Halo (not that I’d ever really recommend any of the popular shooters). I started playing games when I was 3, with Super Mario Bros. on the NES

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Unhappy with NPE Changes

TrOtskY.5927

A 14 year old with a 6 year old son? They were 8 when they became a parent? Not likely. The point of the thread, is that the OP is unhappy with the NPE changes, and many of us are as well.

No, my point is that the “son” is entirely fictitious, the OP is probably about 14 and has made this thread in an attempt to undermine/expose how patronising some of these new gameplay changes are.
How or what I feel about the update aside, this sort of behaviour is ridiculous and rather immature, and actually undermines the feedback of people based upon real experience.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I feel bad for all the new players who won’t be able to experience the Personal Story the same way I did, fully and in order.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Unhappy with NPE Changes

pdavis.8031

No, my point is that the “son” is entirely fictitious, the OP is probably about 14 and has made this thread in an attempt to undermine/expose how patronising some of these new gameplay changes are.
How or what I feel about the update aside, this sort of behaviour is ridiculous and rather immature, and actually undermines the feedback of people based upon real experience.

But of course there is no way to verify the OPs claim. In any event, whether it’s a fictionous troll, or something that actually happened, I don’t see it as undermining any feedback from personal experience at all. The OP isn’t happy with the change, and chose to express that displeasure in the manner they did. Quibbling about whether or not the alleged 6 year old exists is kinda pointless, and I have no idea why I am even continuing this conversation………

recognize my command!”

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Leo Paul.1659

There are so many threads detailing what they don’t like about the patch and the only thing you get from those is that everyone’s a secret key farmer? Selective attention much?

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There are so many threads detailing what they don’t like about the patch and the only thing you get from those is that everyone’s a secret key farmer? Selective attention much?

I was a secret key farmer. But then I realized nothing from keys is really worth my time doing that when I could be scouring the world for more Linen.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

actually a couple of months ago i used to key farm with a friend, it was more entertaining than anything else i had left to do in the game.
why?

• specific goal
  • basically a timed challenge
  • smartly doing things made it faster
    • like knowing where to go before the next area
    • making the charachters beserker style play early through transferable eq
    • smartly using your weapons/available skills to move quickly etc.
  • low man small group activity, with a quick pace for fights
  • black lion keys as a reward, on paper its less money than farming, but there is a thrill with being able to target specific unique rewards and the chance for something grand. The math quickly showed that the champ train or etom etc netted more profits on average

that said it did get boring after awhile, we usually only did 1-2 runs a day(17-40 minutes), and after about 20 ticket scraps (two weapons, well he got like 4 while i got 2 but such is the gamble) we stopped. Still everything else was stale at that point. I wouldnt mind similar designed content/reward systems elsewhere.

(edited by phys.7689)

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Leo Paul.1659

I was a secret key farmer. But then I realized nothing from keys is really worth my time doing that when I could be scouring the world for more Linen.

It really is very inefficient as a source of gold and one of the least intrusive methods of farming. I dunno why it gets demonized so much. /shrug

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It really is very inefficient as a source of gold and one of the least intrusive methods of farming. I dunno why it gets demonized so much. /shrug

Because normally keys cost Gems (never mind that they do, in fact, drop…) and it’s perceived as people “cheating the system”.

. . . for mostly junk nobody wants and a chance at cool stuff.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

The ones that demonize it are the lazy clods that are afraid of putting in a little work into something themselves, and when they see others working they get all uppity and demand you idle in Lion’s Arch like they do.

Key farming kept weapon skins at reasonable prices among other things. Some weapon skins were already more expensive than some precursors before the patch. I haven’t checked if prices rose yet but if they haven’t yet, they will soon.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

phys.7689

Because normally keys cost Gems (never mind that they do, in fact, drop…) and it’s perceived as people “cheating the system”.

. . . for mostly junk nobody wants and a chance at cool stuff.

well it has changed with value of gold, and effeciecy of farming, but you could get the cool stuff faster via farming and buying on the TP.
I think the people who did it a lot, honestly just liked opening black lion chests, and the gameplay involved.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The ones that demonize it are the lazy clods that are afraid of putting in a little work into something themselves, and when they see others working they get all uppity and demand you idle in Lion’s Arch like they do.

So, I need to be clear here, it’s a little muddled what you’re saying. You’re saying it’s not okay to demonize one group of people while deriding them en masse?

Key farming kept weapon skins at reasonable prices among other things. Some weapon skins were already more expensive than some precursors before the patch. I haven’t checked if prices rose yet but if they haven’t yet, they will soon.

Less important than the note it was mostly boring after a few characters and really was producing more junk than useful stuff. Sort of like other farming in the game.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Kamui.4038

You’re saying it’s not okay to demonize one group of people while deriding them en masse?

I’m not saying that at all. I’m not saying anything beyond what I said, and what I said is that essentially one group of people are working and the other group are like on welfare while berating the ones that are working. I didn’t say anything about anything being “okay”, just that that is how it is. The ones that complain about key farming aren’t losing anything, in fact the key farmers save them gold, so I can only deduce that they are being slothful and/or envious. Probably more about envy than anything else now that I think about it.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You’re saying it’s not okay to demonize one group of people while deriding them en masse?

I’m not saying that at all. I’m not saying anything beyond what I said, and what I said is that essentially one group of people are working and the other group are like on welfare while berating the ones that are working. I didn’t say anything about anything being “okay”, just that that is how it is. The ones that complain about key farming aren’t losing anything, in fact the key farmers save them gold, so I can only deduce that they are being slothful and/or envious. Probably more about envy than anything else now that I think about it.

Okay, I apologize, you’re not saying it, you’re just doing it. Carry on

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Kamui.4038

Okay, I apologize, you’re not saying it, you’re just doing it. Carry on

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And I gain because I venture.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I’d let a 6 year old play this. I was playing DOOM and Killter Instinct at 6ish.

you’d let a 6yo callously murder peaceful races for fun/profit? some parent.

downed state is bad for PVP

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Somehow I wonder if that’s Ryan.

Also, six year olds can already do that – just give them Master of Orion or Civ.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

pdavis.8031

How else am i to train him to ruthlessly rule the world with an iron fist of doom? Evil dictators don’t happen overnight you know.

recognize my command!”

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

How else am i to train him to ruthlessly rule the world with an iron fist of doom? Evil dictators don’t happen overnight you know.

Why wait until 6 then?

downed state is bad for PVP

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: HandOfKane.5409

HandOfKane.5409

Can you show where in the thread it specifally states this?

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

You’ll boy is too young to play a game rated T. Wait 7 more years.

Hey look we have a parenting guru on here who knows exactly how every child in the world should be raised even if he’s never met them. So all you parents listen up and do what the great laokoko tells you and bow before his infinite wisdom!

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Dabuddah.4298

Dabuddah.4298

I love how quickly this thread derailed into a whether a child should or should not play Guild Wars 2. The point behind the reason for the child crying is the fact that it changed.

No, this doesn’t hold the “They changed it, now it sucks” bit of why it sucks. It sucks because the system before was what I told I was buying. I marveled at how they said “The more you use a weapon, the more skill you unlock for it” I didn’t understand at the time, seeing no skill bar based gameplay, only later did I realize it was doing the weapon based gameplay RIGHT.

Now I might as well be playing, I’ll say it, World of Warcraft with the whole “Level up to unlock all your skills” rather than “Level up to unlock utility skills.” It’s the fact that the system is now level up to unlock everything and I don’t like it because that is not what I was buying.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Other things that make 6 year olds cry:

-Bambi’s Mother
-Going to school
-Not getting ice cream for dinner
-Bedtime
-Not being allowed to cut the dog’s fur
-Pretty much everything that doesn’t involve them doing exactly what they want

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: djr.4568

djr.4568

This reminds me all too much of the famous NGE (New Game Enhancements) for Star Wars Galaxies. Now, the NPE (New Player Experience) for GW2 is just as bad.

Call it the “Noob Player Experience”, so you can shorten it to NoPE.

I concur m’lud

Shout it loud and clear- just say NoPE!

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Other things that make 6 year olds cry:

-Bambi’s Mother

. . . Dwayna’s Bosom, man, now you got me tearing up from remembering that.

(Just kidding.)

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Gating skills with levels was always a game mechanic […]

It’s only my personal opinion but what I loved when I started this game was exactely that leveling just happened while you tried out things. Now you level to become able to try out things. For me it shifted the focus and tbh it sounds alot like “hey I swung a sword, I swung a sword again.”

But anyway I’m only glad I got several alts and whenever I plan to make another one I got my level-up scrolls which allow me to skip alot of the boring process. I just think it’s sad for newcomers.

Btw I never farmed keys.^^

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Unhappy with NPE Changes

TrOtskY.5927

I don’t need to, it is obvious from both the style of writing the content within that the OP is most definitely not a parent.

Sorry man, life must be difficult when you are so gullible.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

phys.7689

I don’t need to, it is obvious from both the style of writing the content within that the OP is most definitely not a parent.

you make a lot of assumptions. Im pretty sure most people in the world become parents at some point. I dont think there is any specific writing styles or traits that you can apply to all parents with that in mind.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

pdavis.8031

you make a lot of assumptions. Im pretty sure most people in the world become parents at some point. I dont think there is any specific writing styles or traits that you can apply to all parents with that in mind.

Well you know when you become a parent, you automatically know how to write, change a diaper, know when your child is actually hurt/sick and not just being fussy or a butt head. You also magically gain the knowledge of how to treat a diaper rash, how to potty train, and what food your child does and does not like. So yeah becoming a parent instantly turns you into an all knowing, all seeing demi god…..It’s kind of awesome really.

recognize my command!”

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: HandOfKane.5409

HandOfKane.5409

So you have nothing else than “Nuh-huh, I’m just right and you’re just a poopyhead.” Noted.

Unhappy with NPE Changes

Posted by: jucca.8219

jucca.8219

I played Leisure Suit Larry when I was 6 years old with my dad’s 386 IBM, always getting hammered by that car when crossing street.