Upcoming Daily/Monthly changes 12/10/14

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Please stop bringing up money. Most developers are gamers.

They probably looked at the daily system and saw a potential for improvement.

Wait until something actually starts demanding more of our wallets before you bring money into an argument.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I never understood why people rushed to do EVERY single daily when there is a cap on the points anyway?

The cap was introduced because at one point in time it took 4-6 hours to do all of them every day. It took them quite a while to add it and I was almost capped by the time Anet released the cap. Anet reduced the required time significantly after also adding a cap, so reducing the time it takes to get all daily AP even further was unneccessary.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: signarokkaos.4035

signarokkaos.4035

So will the new daily cap be 15k then? If its still 10k gonna be kind of mad losing all my monthly ap

Kelida

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So will the new daily cap be 15k then? If its still 10k gonna be kind of mad losing all my monthly ap

It’d likely either be added with the existing daily AP or be retired but you’ll still keep them. They will not take away AP.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

But they don’t enjoy the time it took. That’s the problem. One of the biggest complaints AP hunters had was that it took forever to get all 10 AP for the assorted dailies. They felt pressured into doing it and they couldn’t “play how they wanted to.”

Now anet has changed that, and some of them still aren’t happy.

And they never will? /shrug

I could have used this change yesterday. I was short on time (because shammy-leveling elsewhere), so a quick in-and-out would’ve been happy.

Yeah I know, but I still have to poke at them. It’s in the fine print

Win? I don’t think they are out to win or lose. They are out to make money, which they are making lots of.

Everyone’s going to have their disagreements on what’s good or bad, but please don’t feel bad for them. I know I’ve given them more than enough of my money.

All for profit companies are out to make money. That’s their entire point. I’ve given them plenty of money too, but that’s not the point.

I used that point since you sounded like you were feeling sorry for them since people are upset.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

RIP monthlies. Alas, poor Monthlies, I knew them well.

The thing I liked about the old/existing system was that I could complete them no matter what I wanted to do. I’ll have to see the entirety of the new system to be sure, but based on the limited info provided, it looks like I will be more channeled into specific content than before. If that’s true, the new system will not be welcomed by me. If there are enough options, then it’ll probably be a wash.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Some people seem to be upset about 4 possibilities for PvE, but if you read the whole thing, you only need to do 3 things to get your “daily” when this goes live, so you can just choose 3. You still won’t have to PvP or WvW if that’s not your thing.

Given the above, I’m ok with it. I personally don’t like map hopping to get achievements, but if that’s the worst things to come out of this then meh, whatever.

I personally like the daily login reward. I do log in every single day. It will be nice to feel rewarded for that even if I end up not hunting dailies.

Overall I feel this will be good because those poor OCD people that felt the need to max out daily APs can now just go take a nap.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Neat changes but rewards for daily logins? Really? That is a psychological tactic for sleazy f2p games to get players to spend more money in their cash shop, not something for a supposedly respectable AAA MMO.

Overall good changes to dailies though, but still…

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

This new daily/monthly achievement system is another huge slap in the face for longtime veteran achievement hunters.
Now you only need to do 3 dailies per day for 10 AP, before the daily cap people like me often spent several hours (4-6h per day at peak when the 5 soloQ and 3 teamQ dailies existed) each and every day just to get all the dailies done every day. And now every casual who logs in for 10 minutes can easily max their AP without any kind of effort.
Stop catering to the ultra casuals all the time and think of the people who play GW2 for more than an hour or two per week!

On the other hand, they saw a problem and found a solution. Unlike trait system… on which we are still waiting for a solution.

I think it’s better that it changes. Better late than never. Just enjoy the NEW ride.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So now you will need to do 3 achieves out of 4 possible to get daily ap’s while staying in your gamemode? And seeing the pve tab, those achievements will be even more narrow than the most narrow of the current ones? That’s really discouraging. That’s the exact opposite to the feedback the previous change got.

Would like the clarification to the new AP cap from dailies as well. Will it be 15k?

Neat changes but rewards for daily logins? Really? That is a psychological tactic for sleazy f2p games to get players to spend more money in their cash shop, not something for a supposedly respectable AAA MMO.

From the explanation it seems that (unlike in those cheap f2p web games) the daily login reward track will not reset if you miss a day. If you won’t log every day, you will just complete it at a slower rate.

Also, i’d like to point out, that under old system it was possible to get as much as 460/472 AP per month (30/31 days, february excluded). In new version it will be 300/310 AP per month. Granted, most of people never managed that much, and for most it will be an improvement, but in the light of AP levels needed for radiant/hellfire chest and leggings it was worth mentioning.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

The current daily achievements were a little bland and dry, such as daily dodger, leveler, laurel vendor, gather, event completer. It will be nice to have more content driven dailys with content driven rewards.

It seems like these goals will actually get people out to do different things and reward them for it instead of just going through a daily routine for the same reward every day.

Some of us like a daily routine, not everybody wants to be told specifically what to do and where to go every single day. Yes the achievements were generic, but that’s a good thing because it resulted in a high likelihood of people completing their daily no matter what zone they’re in or how they play the game. For me, this is a lot like the trait system change, now I’m told exactly where to go and what to do just to get my daily done akin to the highly specific trait unlocking requirements. Where’s the freedom in that?

Well, I’m not going to try to dictate what one should enjoy. But for me and i’m sure others, those goals did nothing to add to the game in terms of accomplishing something and were things we all did anyway. Also one could argue that you are rewarded for just logging in now. So the daily routine element is still there and still rewarded.

I felt like that there was no variety in daily goals what so ever and felt like there should be more content specific objectives. From your argument it sounds like you don’t want specific objectives. You want to log in and play and get rewarded for it, which this system also does when you log in to play. This system gives us both things. You are not are not disadvantage in not getting your daily, you are just not rewarded for not completing objectives.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

It’s worth noting that they avoided the slot machine / roulette reward screen that taunts you with the impossibility of premium currency. Also, they avoided “Log in every day or else”, since progress on a track isn’t reset.

I just say this because I had the same reaction to the “Log in daily” tactic, but this is a very tempered version of that strategy.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Leap.2760

Leap.2760

Aww I bought all the home gathering nodes just to faceroll my daily gatherer. That was my favorite daily.

Crovax.7854

From the explanation it seems that (unlike in those cheap f2p web games) the daily login reward track will not reset if you miss a day. If you won’t log every day, you will just complete it at a slower rate.

It’s still is a cheap psychological trick and I thought ANet wouldn’t sink that low.
Instead of incentives that are designed to ‘irk’ you because you have the feeling you miss out if you don’t log in, the could tackle the underlying problem, which is making the game simply more fun so players want to log in daily, not feel like they have to.

edit: god, there was this really long, well written article about the psychology of f2p games, that mentions exactly this kind of manipulation. I’ll try to find it because it’s an awesome read and you may find it intersting.

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

While I’m all in for meaningful achievements who challenge you to try new things, the newly announced “Log-in rewards” appear as a skinner-box technique that someone would expect from a Freemium mobile game.

I know that A-net are trying to make us keep coming back with the patches, and I accepted their “Log-in with each patch” approach to do so… but THIS is a bit to obvious, makes them look desperate, and IMO will generally hurt greatly the image of the game to outsiders. After all loging in is not something to justify a reward.

Besides that, not all of us can log-in every day so not to break the chain, ether because of work, being away from home (it’s not something you can do from your cell phone) or simply don’t feel like playing today.

The Biggest advantage GW2 has over paying MMOs is that you can stop any time without fearing of wasting the subscription you’ve paid, take some time off playing other games, and then just as easily jump back after a break to see what’s new.
Forcing us to get into the game every day will only cause us to burn out and downright quit it at some point.

What do you people think?

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Even PSO 2 has a Daily Login reward system (a reward every 5 daily stamps and recycles after 50 days) I wanted something like this in forever on GW2. Maybe players will return and more RPers will come back from year one!

If this is what the game needs to retain people, so be it! Make more loyalty programs ANET! Good job Devs! The game is back on track!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

But they don’t enjoy the time it took. That’s the problem. One of the biggest complaints AP hunters had was that it took forever to get all 10 AP for the assorted dailies. They felt pressured into doing it and they couldn’t “play how they wanted to.”

Now anet has changed that, and some of them still aren’t happy.

And they never will? /shrug

I could have used this change yesterday. I was short on time (because shammy-leveling elsewhere), so a quick in-and-out would’ve been happy.

Yeah I know, but I still have to poke at them. It’s in the fine print

Win? I don’t think they are out to win or lose. They are out to make money, which they are making lots of.

Everyone’s going to have their disagreements on what’s good or bad, but please don’t feel bad for them. I know I’ve given them more than enough of my money.

All for profit companies are out to make money. That’s their entire point. I’ve given them plenty of money too, but that’s not the point.

I used that point since you sounded like you were feeling sorry for them since people are upset.

I do feel for the devs when everytime they try to do something that people ask for, someone decides they need to kitten all over them for it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I like the daily change. Getting reward specific to what you do it pretty neat. It will be interesting to find out what are the reward and I’ll have fun with it.

But why Anet is still putting time, effort and money on daily/monthly? I guess that ya some ppl were not happy with the current system, but it wasn’t a big issue for the vast majority of ppl. It should be so low in the list of priority of Anet that I can’t understand why they did that.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The new daily/monthly system seems interesting to me. Though the re-division of PvE/PvP and now WvW as well seems counter-intuitive to the original merge (for better or for worse, I don’t know).

However, the Log-in Rewards scream “lazy desperation to increase statistics” to me. Like somewhere down the line of management promised a higher up ’we’ll increase log-in numbers’ and rather than going the proper route of making continuous playability enjoyable, they’re promoting log-in-once-and-leave mentality.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

sigh… and to think I always liked doing dailies. Just another change nobody asked for at the expense of the boxed Expansion that many would enjoy.

The Fun Police win another one…

Crovax.7854

Even PSO 2 has a Daily Login reward system (a reward every 5 daily stamps and recycles after 50 days) I wanted something like this in forever on GW2. Maybe players will return and more RPers will come back from year one!

If this is what the game needs to retain people, so be it! Make more loyalty programs ANET! Good job Devs! The game is back on track!

I think they had the option to
a) make the game more fun so people want to play by themselves
b) resort to psychological manipulation and take the easy way out to avoid spending resources on improving the game

They chose option b and it’s hard to respect a company that acts that way. However that’s just my personal opinion.

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

What’s next? Logging in daily for a free chance at a precursor? Maybe even a legendary? This game has been degrading into a cheap sleazy f2p mmorpg for a while now and I think this is a new low.

All this new system does is artificially inflate the playerbase to give an illusion of a thriving game for both ingame players and their statistics which they seem to love a little bit to much.

This along with the lack of actual challenging content updates to PvE, PvP & WvW is the final straw for myself. I haven’t bought any gems for a while now (spent 1200 euro’s on gems before) and I will never reconsider buying again.

You lost my business.

(edited by Xuro.5861)

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

I use the daily achievements for quick XP boosts when leveling characters. I haven’t leveled one in a while, but if I ever get back to it, it’ll be sad to see I can’t do that quite as easily (I can’t take a sub-75 to Malchor’s or Maguuma Wastes).

Otherwise, this looks great on paper! We’ll see how execution goes.

Daily monthly change looks very cool for me. But log-in rewards? WTF? I know you want keep players coming back but this idea is bit too much dont you think? Rewarding players for participation ins?tead of win is generaly bad idea and its something kitten ruining game industry.

But what is “winning” in this case? The only way you can fairly judge someone’s playing is to call all play equal. Otherwise you end up over-specify what “playing” is, which disenfranchises some part of the playerbase who is actively playing your game. Do RPers get the short end of the stick because they go into a map and talk but little else? Do you have to kill a mob to be “playing?” Do you have to run one dungeon to get your daily reward? If I just want to log in a craft a shload of jewelry, does that mean I’m not actually “playing?”

I get where you’re coming from, in that you feel no one should be given something for nothing. Where is the line though? Someone’s “nothing” is another person’s “something.”

Posted by: Ixillius.5768

Ixillius.5768

I think its great they will give me tomes every month just for logging in. I love me some tomes. Its basically a rework of the dailies and wont really impact that much. Yes its obvious they want us to stay but at the end of the day it doesnt really affect ME aside from some more loot.

Ontop of that we dont HAVE to log in each day, i mean the 1g isnt really worth logging in daily for. Its nice for us that do. But if i was tired of the game i wouldnt care about losing those rewards any more than missing out on laurels and AP from dailies.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I am indifferent. neither for or against it.

Sadly it feels to look more and more like a f2p game. i think sveral apps on my phone reward me if I play them daily as well (which doesn`t work btw.)

Have to see how it works.

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

The current daily achievements were a little bland and dry, such as daily dodger, leveler, laurel vendor, gather, event completer. It will be nice to have more content driven dailys with content driven rewards.

It seems like these goals will actually get people out to do different things and reward them for it instead of just going through a daily routine for the same reward every day.

Some of us like a daily routine, not everybody wants to be told specifically what to do and where to go every single day. Yes the achievements were generic, but that’s a good thing because it resulted in a high likelihood of people completing their daily no matter what zone they’re in or how they play the game. For me, this is a lot like the trait system change, now I’m told exactly where to go and what to do just to get my daily done akin to the highly specific trait unlocking requirements. Where’s the freedom in that?

Well, I’m not going to try to dictate what one should enjoy. But for me and i’m sure others, those goals did nothing to add to the game in terms of accomplishing something and were things we all did anyway. Also one could argue that you are rewarded for just logging in now. So the daily routine element is still there and still rewarded.

I felt like that there was no variety in daily goals what so ever and felt like there should be more content specific objectives. From your argument it sounds like you don’t want specific objectives. You want to log in and play and get rewarded for it, which this system also does when you log in to play. This system gives us both things. You are not are not disadvantage in not getting your daily, you are just not rewarded for not completing objectives.

It will depend upon how laurels/mystic coins are rewarded in this new system whether there are no disadvantages, but the ability to earn a little AP while playing the way you normally would is definitely affected for many people.

Especially in instances where you get home 20-30 minutes before server reset, currently you can expect a little structure to how you go about knocking out your daily requirements quickly.

Not so with the new system, especially if every day requires some form of a world boss takedown due to the rigid scheduling. Or zone specific event completion where megaserver can make it extremely difficult for people to knock those out in a reasonable amount of time due to all the competition for event completion being funneled into one area.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I personally think they had the option to
b) resort to psychological manipulation and take the easy way out to avoid spending resources on improving the game

They chose option b and it’s hard to respect a company that acts that way. However that’s just my personal opinion.

As much as I understand your concerns over manipulation, there’s basically no coercive element to this that I can see? There’s no new punishment if you stop / don’t log in, for example.

But why Anet is still putting time, effort and money on daily/monthly? I guess that ya some ppl were not happy with the current system, but it wasn’t a big issue for the vast majority of ppl. It should be so low in the list of priority of Anet that I can’t understand why they did that.

It’s the kind of system that can powerfully shape player behaviour, and can be especially good guidance for relatively new players. They can use it to push people towards certain content that might be under-utilized, and it would help introduce players to new zones. Which I think would be done so that people stumble over something they really like because of it.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

A-Net is amazing…………. they always find something to downgrade.

The whole game play reminds me of everyone’s most hated co worker.
Doing barely enough not to be beaten up by the co workers but always fist in line when pay checks are handed and lot’s of sick days

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I float around #200 NA for AP. I have only one thing to say about this change...

FREEEEEEEEEEDOM!

Hell’s Bells, I might even start buyin’ gems with $$$ again, I am SO. MUCH. PLEASED.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Astralporing.1957

Besides that, not all of us can log-in every day so not to break the chain

According to the same article, not logging for few days will not break the chain. It will simply mean the reward track will progress slower. I did pay special attention to that part, because my initial reaction was like yours.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The thing is that the Log-in reward doesn’t punish the players who wants to take a break, it only rewards the players that are still playing, if you want to take a break you will only take longer to get the rewards.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I like this change, because now I can continue to ignore the WvW and PvP dailies like I did before, but then again, I didn’t really care about getting the max every single day, just completing the daily. Now if they want they can eliminate the max cap on the dailies, I did the calculation and it would only have taken someone 833+ days(2.2+ years) to reach the total daily max, at which point you would no longer have incentive to do them.

Posted by: The Night Fox.6018

The Night Fox.6018

Firstly, incentifizing logging doesn’t mean people will burn out. That assumes they’d be doing certain things with in the game constantly after logging in. Even then, you and I do not have to log in for these rewards.

Secondly, this isn’t a new thing. Other games have it a plenty and I fail to see any negatives for the gamer associated with log in rewards.

Thirdly, there are plenty of ‘log-in’ rewards already. Camp your toon next to your home instance and gather resource nodes that reset daily, time-gated ascended materials, and certain events.

To answer some of your concerns though, log in rewards are not entirely and solely expected to Freemium mobile games, though they are there. Warframe, first game that comes to mind, uses log-in rewards.

“I know that A-net are trying to make us keep coming back with the patches, and I accepted their “Log-in with each patch” approach to do so… but THIS is a bit to obvious”

Not sure what you’re getting at here, but I hope that Anet is obvious with their design decisions geared at getting more players to keep coming back. That is what I define as a good game. The whole perception of Anet being desperate is a moot opinion, and I would prefer more points as to WHY it makes them seem desperate than just telling me.

“After all loging in is not something to justify a reward.”

Why not?

“Besides that, not all of us can log-in every day so not to break the chain, ether because of work, being away from home (it’s not something you can do from your cell phone) or simply don’t feel like playing today.”

Maybe you didn’t read the whole article:

“Missed a day because of work, vacation, or a work vacation? No worries, your progress is still there! The next time you log in, you’ll pick up where you left off. The system will only reset once you’ve claimed the 28th and final reward.”

“The Biggest advantage GW2 has over paying MMOs is that you can stop any time without fearing of wasting the subscription you’ve paid”

Non sequitor, but if you are implying that this log-in system thus diminishes this advantage then I would require more examples/points because otherwise it’s just conjecture.

“Forcing us to get into the game every day will only cause us to burn out and downright quit it at some point.”

Not forcing. It is an incentive.

(>’_’)>=-=-=-=-[} <(x_X<) Pie Fight.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I simply look at in the sense that this is something people have asked for. Repeatedly. Including the ‘i should be rewarded just for logging in’ bullkitten. So they gave it to us.

On the up side, if you do take a break, you don’t lose your daily log in progress, which I appreciate.

Honestly, this isn’t going to make me log in any more or less than dailies did before.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

After all the dumbing down, it’s finally come to the point where you don’t even need to TRY playing the game to win. They just reward you anyway.

Perhaps playing the game was “too confusing for new players?” This is depressing.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I never understood why people rushed to do EVERY single daily when there is a cap on the points anyway?

The cap was introduced because at one point in time it took 4-6 hours to do all of them every day. It took them quite a while to add it and I was almost capped by the time Anet released the cap. Anet reduced the required time significantly after also adding a cap, so reducing the time it takes to get all daily AP even further was unneccessary.

Thank you. Didn’t know that.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Besides that, not all of us can log-in every day so not to break the chain, ether because of work, being away from home (it’s not something you can do from your cell phone) or simply don’t feel like playing today.

From what I read, it sounds like you won’t “break” the chain, just pause it.

Every day you log in, it advances one. Don’t log in for a day? It doesn’t reset, it just waits for when you DO log in, and again advances one.

If I log in only every other day, it’ll take me twice as long to complete the “monthly” reward track, but I’ll still complete it.

With that said, I’m not sure if all this is a good or bad change. I don’t trust ANet’s judgement, but I want to see it in practice before I decide.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Crovax.7854

I personally think they had the option to

As much as I understand your concerns over manipulation, there’s basically no coercive element to this that I can see? There’s no new punishment if you stop / don’t log in, for example.

I won’t fall for it, you probably won’t either, but it’s designed to push people over the edge. The same way some pesky f2p games send you push notifications to get you to play again. Many f2p games don’t punish you either – they just incentivise playing again so you (best case scenario) spend money on the store.

Problem #2 is: where will it end? In my opinion this is something that is only seen in cheap and aggressively monetized f2p games. ANet has already tried a few times how far they can push it before player backlash gets too strong. This is -in my opnion- no different, only unlike last time (gem store exchange changes), less people seem to mind.

Problem #3: Again, personal opinion, but honestly; it’s player manipulation disguised as a change to benefit us, which is simply disgusting. Why would the spend resources on an area basically everybody seemed content with when they clearly stated their resources are limited and they will prioritize based on player feedback?

Again to clarfiy for anybody who might think I’m against this altogether: AP changes – cool, daily rewards – not so much

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

Its the fact that logging in shouldn’t be about a reward, it should be what you do to get a reward. That’s my gripe, and opening a new way for people not to really play the game but earn rewards, isn’t about THE game but logging in (not doing anything substantial , and a bribe). I agree with the “Daily changes” that are made and its a great QoL but I don’t agree with the logging in “rewards” its like giving a participating medal to those who ran the race, it doesn’t mean anything but everyone got one anyway to make you feel good. It leaves something stale and bland in my mouth that over-saturates the already over-rewarding reward system. In short, more focus on on core elements of the game like “participating with your guildies gets you X instead of logging in gets you X” would of been a better implementation that promotes game play with others.

Palador.2170

Aww I bought all the home gathering nodes just to faceroll my daily gatherer. That was my favorite daily.

If it’s “Gather in Ascalon” for the daily, maybe going to the Black Citadel and doing your harvesting in the home instance there will still count?

Small hope, I know, and nowhere near as convenient.

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Does this mean that we only have until Tuesday to finish our monthly?

You will have till the end of December as normal to complete this months before the monthly system is retired.

Mr.Mordem who decided that Fractal reward – WvW reward – sPvP reward are equally rewarding and equally easy to get in terms of normal play and not by daily reward ?

Fractal reward – pristine fractal relic, some additional agony resistance , and a tome of knowledge.

Taking a tower in WvW for an achievement will grant you – World vs. World experience and additional badges of honor.

Capturing a point in PvP will give you additional reward track progress.

I don’t think that what WvW and sPvP players get is equally rewarding compared to what Fractal Runners get.

(edited by Luna.9640)

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Something like this has been requested a while back and I think the devs listened up. Also, Colin mentioned this change in one of his posts when he talked about what to expect for 2013.

Children often beg their parents for cookies and toys and things. That doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to spoil them.

If the children payed you to be the parent and they could leave to pick other parent at any time, you would want to spoil the kids a bit ;D

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I like this change, because now I can continue to ignore the WvW and PvP dailies like I did before, but then again, I didn’t really care about getting the max every single day, just completing the daily. Now if they want they can eliminate the max cap on the dailies, I did the calculation and it would only have taken someone 833+ days(2.2+ years) to reach the total daily max, at which point you would no longer have incentive to do them.

Remember though when dailies where first in game they used to give 5 AP’s per each completed one, not 1AP,

Also it never took me 4-6 hours to do them, even in the very early days it would only take you 45mins to an hour,

They where capped hard because the ultra casuals could not keep up with the players who play daily, so the players who play daily got the beat down, and ever since Anet has been playing and changing the game for the ultra casuals, everyone else go home.

They need a DYNAMIC cap, if they don’t, when I hit the Daily cap for AP, ill just leave and go play elsewhere, but each to there own, AP is not a sign of skill, but some of us use it for fun between friends, stop the fun, stop playing.

Palador.2170

I use the daily achievements for quick XP boosts when leveling characters. I haven’t leveled one in a while, but if I ever get back to it, it’ll be sad to see I can’t do that quite as easily (I can’t take a sub-75 to Malchor’s or Maguuma Wastes).

Agreed. This may be the biggest drawback for me as well. If there’s someone I want to level, I do the dailies on them. Even harvesting nodes in my home instance for Daily Gatherer, because it gives them some extra EXP.

Problem #3: Again, personal opinion, but honestly; it’s player manipulation disguised as a change to benefit us, which is simply disgusting. Why would the spend resources on an area basically everybody seemed content with when they clearly stated their resources are limited and they will prioritize based on player feedback?

Where did they ever say that they would prioritize based on player feedback? I know they’ve said “we’re listening”, but I don’t recall them saying that they’d do anything about it.

Astralporing.1957

I simply look at in the sense that this is something people have asked for. Repeatedly. Including the ‘i should be rewarded just for logging in’ bullkitten. So they gave it to us.

I find it especially funny, since the “rewards for just logging in” was something mentioned mostly by people that wanted everything to be hard, and beyond reach of average players (and mentioned only as a strawman to ridicule those that disagreed). Seems Anet listened to them and believed it’s truly what the players want. Hilarious, isn’kitten

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

It will depend upon how laurels/mystic coins are rewarded in this new system whether there are no disadvantages, but the ability to earn a little AP while playing the way you normally would is definitely affected for many people.

Especially in instances where you get home 20-30 minutes before server reset, currently you can expect a little structure to how you go about knocking out your daily requirements quickly.

Not so with the new system, especially if every day requires some form of a world boss takedown due to the rigid scheduling. Or zone specific event completion where megaserver can make it extremely difficult for people to knock those out in a reasonable amount of time due to all the competition for event completion being funneled into one area.

True that a world boss completion would be on a bit of a scheduling conflict,

But you only have to do 3 of the 12 that looks like are provided for us. 20-30 minutes before reset, even currently, is a short time table to knock out objectives for daily completion. I assume if there is a zone specific objective it will be vastly more populated that it would be now.

We will just have to wait and see the different objectives they have in store for us on a daily basis and what they reward. It looks like to me it will be much better than the standard 1 laurel, mystic coin, 50 luck, karma consumable, and XP currently offered.

I think this will be a positive they are doing. They are trying to fill areas that would not normally have alot of traffic making it more populated for newer players on select days. They are getting people to gather in areas that they normally would not and bring a little more balance to the market. Trying to get people out of the beaten path to discover new things they might have not normally gone and done.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I kinda feel confused about this idea. The way they wrote it, it doesn’t seem like a bad idea. I haven’t ever felt the need for a log in reward though, and honestly, most of the games i played that gave a log in reward were the worst games i ever played and it just seemed desperate to give rewards for just getting online. So i guess i just didn’t expect such a thing for arenanet. I do hope they are not getting desperate though.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

The items you get at login are to replace all drops ingame, its the new RnG system, get lucky at login, then you don’t have to actually play that day LOL

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Look, they only make money off you if you keep the game installed and log in. That raises the likelihood of you buying crap off the gemstore.

Soooo. Login rewards. Good for them. Good for us. Easy to laugh at… but effective. Sadly.

Would you prefer a sale on Black Lion Chest Keys?

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

To be fair it does cater to the WvW crowd.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.