FINISH AD INFINITUM!!!

How did that feel?
REAL GOOD!
The Zeke T Freak machine: zero defects.

Upcoming changes in Spring Quarterly Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I understand reducing scribing costs, but as someone who got to 400 on their own in the current market well before any news of scribing costs being reduced, I can’t help but hold some disdain for that switch and feel somewhat cheated. Level 400 scribes prior to reducing will have had no advantage or benefit to being said level, outside of having spent an exorbitant amount of money (I and many others who achieved 400 spent thousands in real life $$$ to do so) for the satisfaction alone of having achieved something that not many were capable of at the time.

This change both makes me jealous that future scribes will enjoy significantly lowered costs of entry and irritated that I wasted literally thousands of real life dollars on what amounted to a few chairs and a collection item that no one cares to fund building.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So, does this include class balancing?

Class balancing is a PvP issue. I do not believe this idea deserves any dev time because most of us would like to see content instead.

You’re only speaking for yourself, though. I want to see more content added too. Class balancing is a big issue in PvP, and it should be addressed soon.

Balance team also has nothing to do with content generators. No reason not to have class balance and content.

Unfortunately the balance is really off as it has been neglected for too long – I guess a lot of people are needed to fix it. We have been bashing each other’s heads in on the Thief forums since before June – all of us have different playstyles, favourite game modes, use different builds and different weapons. Even the 20+ of us lamenting about one single class couldn’t really come to any conclusions.
And this is the general forums, so you guys think that most players want content – it looks the other way around though if you look at that the pvp, wvw and all class forums.

As a warrior main, trust me, I know the feels. Several people in the warrior forums have tried full re-writes. What we got? Hammer cooldowns. (I appreciate it as a hammer user but…)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I understand reducing scribing costs, but as someone who got to 400 on their own in the current market well before any news of scribing costs being reduced, I can’t help but hold some disdain for that switch and feel somewhat cheated. Level 400 scribes prior to reducing will have had no advantage or benefit to being said level, outside of having spent an exorbitant amount of money (I and many others who achieved 400 spent thousands in real life $$$ to do so) for the satisfaction alone of having achieved something that not many were capable of at the time.

This change both makes me jealous that future scribes will enjoy significantly lowered costs of entry and irritated that I wasted literally thousands of real life dollars on what amounted to a few chairs and a collection item that no one cares to fund building.

I can kind of understand what you’re saying. The scribing costs are currently ridiculously expensive, and that’s something that I’m glad is being changed. But shouldn’t you be placing some (or most) of that blame on yourself? You chose to spend that much REAL money on something in-game that you won’t really even use that often. Anet didn’t force you to level to 400 in Scribing.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Mike I like how nobody from anet has addressed anyones concerns about what they actually want (the legendaries you promised) but here you are, cajoling and plastering fake smiles all over content that nobody gives two kittens about, like we are little children that need to be told what to get excited over.

I’m as mad as anyone else about the legendaries; but you gotta be pretty far out of the loop to think at this point nobody cares about the WvW stuff.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

Mike I like how nobody from anet has addressed anyones concerns about what they actually want (the legendaries you promised) but here you are, cajoling and plastering fake smiles all over content that nobody gives two kittens about, like we are little children that need to be told what to get excited over.

I’m as mad as anyone else about the legendaries; but you gotta be pretty far out of the loop to think at this point nobody cares about the WvW stuff.

“if”

Posted by: ZirZo.8264

ZirZo.8264

just bring us back the old bl as it was without all that new crap u added! PLS! dont fail again!

edit: the sentry scout thingy can stay

Posted by: Warmaster Gibbon.4765

Warmaster Gibbon.4765

At least you all did a decent job with the first Guild Wars games.

Commander, Guild Leader of [Jynx]
Warrior – Borlis Pass

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

So, does this include class balancing?

Class balancing is a PvP issue. I do not believe this idea deserves any dev time because most of us would like to see content instead.

You’re only speaking for yourself, though. I want to see more content added too. Class balancing is a big issue in PvP, and it should be addressed soon.

Balance team also has nothing to do with content generators. No reason not to have class balance and content.

Unfortunately the balance is really off as it has been neglected for too long – I guess a lot of people are needed to fix it. We have been bashing each other’s heads in on the Thief forums since before June – all of us have different playstyles, favourite game modes, use different builds and different weapons. Even the 20+ of us lamenting about one single class couldn’t really come to any conclusions.
And this is the general forums, so you guys think that most players want content – it looks the other way around though if you look at that the pvp, wvw and all class forums.

As a warrior main, trust me, I know the feels. Several people in the warrior forums have tried full re-writes. What we got? Hammer cooldowns. (I appreciate it as a hammer user but…)

We all know balance is really just a game of musical chairs. You warriors had your time to shine. Feel good about that hammer cooldown.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

TY for sticking your head out again to address the community M.O.

I was a bit nervous that you all might turtle on the communication after the seething hot flames of anger that was hurled your way from the community for doing what many have asked for.

Its ok. You caught it all in time (unlike SOE did with some of their games), and you handled it correctly by facing it head on. If you keep your word the negativity will fade over time, or at least return to normal gamer grumpy levels LOL.

You might want to let them know that indefinitely on hold does not mean axed completely. Most have no idea of the staggering amount of work that goes into a game or how things are sometimes shuffled to reach deadlines.

Other than that I’ll give the new BL a look and toss my 2 cents in the opinions when its released. But straight up its probably not going to be an easy sell.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I was a bit nervous that you all might turtle on the communication after the seething hot flames of anger that was hurled your way from the community for doing what many have asked for.

Its ok. You caught it all in time (unlike SOE did with some of their games), and you handled it correctly by facing it head on. If you keep your word the negativity will fade over time, or at least return to normal gamer grumpy levels LOL.

You might want to let them know that indefinitely on hold does not mean axed completely. Most have no idea of the staggering amount of work that goes into a game or how things are sometimes shuffled to reach deadlines.

Other than that I’ll give the new BL a look and toss my 2 cents in the opinions when its released. But straight up its probably not going to be an easy sell.

Hopefully Mo is looking for the opportunity to re-direct staff back to Legendary development, once things calm down and HoT gets some much-needed polish.
And hopefully, at that time, he’ll tell us development is back on.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Legionnaire.9478

Legionnaire.9478

HYPE about Alpine coming back. Thank you so much…Desert Borderland really killed off roaming.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Hopefully Mo is looking for the opportunity to re-direct staff back to Legendary development, once things calm down and HoT gets some much-needed polish.

I would not expect it anytime soon because they will probably have to do things in incremental steps to avoid fanning the flames of community hostility. They never set out to make people unhappy, but gamers are notorious for hating change “at first” and sometimes come around to accepting a new direction later on.

It kind of puts them in a catch 22 on waiting to see if something is going to go over well in the long term. Many in the industries past just plowed ahead with changes and didn’t stop or listen to their community. I have to commend Arenanet for stepping up on this one. Its a refreshing thing to witness.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

Any chance we can see some changes to Cliffside and Underwater Ruins fractals? They’re much more difficult to complete than other fractals and it really shows at high levels where Mistlock Instabilities compound matters. With Cliffside it’s the arms portion where people are getting hit so hard and rapidly and with underwater the fight just takes so long that there’s too many opportunities for someone to make an error and there seems to be a bug where the jellyfish’s HP resets anyway even if there is still a player alive.

(edited by That Other Guy.7351)

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@Mike O Brien.4613

Had to logon special to post this.

Thank you for bringing back the Old Alpine Map to WvW.

Please…

At minimum…Restore the ability to use +5 Supply to Small Guilds that have already earned it previous to the launch of HoT.

It would be nice if banners and other Guild Upgrades that were unlocked too.

This simple move will Allow Small Guilds to feel they are contributing to the WvW effort of their server…and encourage them to return & help rebuild the WvW Community.

Small Guilds help to feed & grow Bigger Guilds later.

It’s an ecosystem.

Yours truly,
Diku

(edited by Diku.2546)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Counting the days until the April patch drops and there is outcry over the Alpine maps not being part of it even though MO says as much but too many are seemingly skipping over.

Alpine maps are coming back.

They aren’t coming back in the April quarterly patch.

They are being brought up to the “current game state”, whatever that means.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

From the get go they probably should have just made 4 ebg type maps, then they could have dumped the “homebl” concept and we could have had at this point ebg, alpine, eotm, desert as the 4 maps to play on for a matchup.

kitten , that’s actually a good idea. And you could easily introduce new maps to the rotation, too

I was also thinking they should take a week and try having 4 ebg maps instead, see how that works out since people love it so much. Maybe even have ebg as the homebl and the alpine or desert be the ebg type map but double the points, with “red” having a real advantage of having garrison.

Then again… having 4 maps upgraded with airship defenses…. probably would be too painful lol.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Counting the days until the April patch drops and there is outcry over the Alpine maps not being part of it even though MO says as much but too many are seemingly skipping over.

Alpine maps are coming back.

They aren’t coming back in the April quarterly patch.

They are being brought up to the “current game state”, whatever that means.

Supply has to be purchased with crystalline ore and superior siege requires fulgarite to craft.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

At minimum…Restore the ability to use +5 Supply to Small Guilds that have already earned it previous to the launch of HoT.

It would be nice if banners and other Guild Upgrades that were unlocked too.

This simple move will Allow Small Guilds to feel they are contributing to the WvW effort of their server…and encourage them to return & help rebuild the WvW Community.

It probably would go a long way if they switched the Objective aura 8: +5 supply at level 37 with Objective aura 1: 20% magic find at level 6.

Level 6 is definitely doable for small guilds.

Maybe even switching scribing guild catas from level 19 with guild arrow carts at level 10.

That would be a big step in lightening the material grind load on the small guilds to get access to the two most important upgrades to be effective in wvw again.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

So, Mo’s contribution after stepping in to Colin’s shoes is, basically, give people what they asked for.

That’s a pretty good start.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

So, Mo’s contribution after stepping in to Colin’s shoes is, basically, give people what they asked for.

But not what they paid for…

Time will tell if this was a good strat or not.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

But not what they paid for…

Time will tell if this was a good strat or not.

Good start or bad start, at least it’s a start and not more “keep doing what we’ve been doing”. It shows that they know there’s a problem, and are at least trying to address it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Happiliy I finished the Casual Fractal Hero thing this evening. Lots of others doing the same ones so we all bumbled our way through them. I was a good way through F20 before I realised that my projectile attacks were reflecting right back in my face. That explains the excessive damage I was taking. It’s all learning and we had one experienced, and very patient, player who stuck with it and kept us on the right track.

So I appreciate the heads up about the changes. I would have been a bit miffed to see the achievement shelved with me 90% through it.

I’ve no real desire to push on with the fractals above 20 though.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’ve noticed a few threads popping up asking questions that are answered in Mo’s initial post. I want to highlight this thread to make sure that forum members are up to date on the current news.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

From the get go they probably should have just made 4 ebg type maps, then they could have dumped the “homebl” concept and we could have had at this point ebg, alpine, eotm, desert as the 4 maps to play on for a matchup.

kitten , that’s actually a good idea. And you could easily introduce new maps to the rotation, too

I was also thinking they should take a week and try having 4 ebg maps instead, see how that works out since people love it so much. Maybe even have ebg as the homebl and the alpine or desert be the ebg type map but double the points, with “red” having a real advantage of having garrison.

Then again… having 4 maps upgraded with airship defenses…. probably would be too painful lol.

You guys do know that the DBLs are “mini” EB’s, right? Every server has got a WP on them. Problem is: We don’t have enough people to fill them – so you could duplicate EB 3 times and all but one would be deserted as well. The reason why ABL is different: It’s really a home – the home server has got access to all WPs and is able to travel around quickly and to defend. If the few people on ABL aren’t enough angainst enemy forces usually EB is called – in a case of 4 EBs or even DBL, used as intended, no one would know where to call for help.

ETA: The reason why people are playing EB: It’s simple but still every objective has got strategic value. It’s possible to play any way you like (roamer, small scale, zerg/blob) – on DBL you’re good as a small zerg, roaming is pretty hard because of the sentries giving the location away and barricades and no waypoints, zergs are usually killed by the map. If people liked the new maps better than EB, they would play on them and EB would be deserted (except that most people love SM).

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

But… where is the new content?

I know it is only part of the patch, but… i do not feel like the patch is going to give us content, just few corrections…

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I was directed to this thread for information about the changes to the desert borderlands. I am not finding much information. Idk why I was directed here…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: gemini.7156

gemini.7156

I was upset about the legendary weapons, but I hope Anet continue listening to the players about what we want in the game, as was the return of SAB, and hopefully a new way of running the company, thanks, and good luck!

(edited by gemini.7156)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I would not expect it anytime soon because they will probably have to do things in incremental steps to avoid fanning the flames of community hostility. They never set out to make people unhappy, but gamers are notorious for hating change “at first” and sometimes come around to accepting a new direction later on.

But we never accepted Trait Unlocking. Never forget, never forgive! :P

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

so.. why not have a way to have both desert AND alpine borderlands? Having all 3 borderlands be identical is kind of boring really.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Why don’t you clean up the mess that gating created in HoT before “fixing” something that’s not broken (fractals)? Goodness, gracious, the gating is universally reviled, but there’s not a peep about fixing it. On the other hand, Fractals are finally fun, and yet you see some reason to fundamentally change them?

How about asking our opinion as to what needs fixing instead of deciding what we want?

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Plz make all “crafting materiels” Depisitable!!!!!! Hate having random junk clutting bank space.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Why don’t you clean up the mess that gating created in HoT before “fixing” something that’s not broken (fractals)? Goodness, gracious, the gating is universally reviled, but there’s not a peep about fixing it. On the other hand, Fractals are finally fun, and yet you see some reason to fundamentally change them?

How about asking our opinion as to what needs fixing instead of deciding what we want?

Are you saying there haven’t been complaints about Fractals the way they are now, and that people haven’t asked for them to be changed, because if you are, you’re not paying attention.

While a lot of people are running the Swamp Fractal over and over again because its’ fast, and easy loot, people have been complaining about not being able to get a group for anything but the swamp fractal….and maybe Fractal level 40.

Most fractals languish in obscurity and yes, there have been complaints.

The changes being made are being made to address the complaints.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

This was merely an information announcement about major changes that will impact player’s long term plans.

• Reduced scribe costs so you may want to hold off leveling your scribe.
  • Heads up on Alpine returning sooner than later, based on poll results.
  • Fractal changes are coming including two achievements being retired so get them while you can.

Players have always complained we never get a heads up and that is what this is, not comprehensive patch notes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

With the quarterly update we’ll also reduce scribing costs across-the-board. Here are some of the ways that will happen. We’ll reduce material costs on recipes: for example the Basic Ink Set will no longer require a Simple Ink Set, and each Sandpaper recipe will now require less Sand. Reducing the demand for basic materials will reduce their prices. We’ll add significant new supplies of Resonating Slivers, so that they no longer serve as a barrier to scribes who don’t have a guild supporting them. And we’ll increase drop rates of certain other components. These are going to be impactful changes, so we want to give you this advance notice, and encourage you to consider pausing here and waiting for the quarterly update before doing a lot of new scribing.

Mo

I know we don’t know every aspect of the update yet, but I have a scribe related question coming from the paragraph Mike O Brien wrote:

Will the reduction cost of scribing apply to getting and upgrading decorations, too?
I am thinking about base prices (50s), Linen Ropes, Evergreen Lodestones used in every “plant related item” (instead of lower tiers) etc.
Also, will WvW be able to generate more materials to create tactics & improvements, as WvW players can’t fund anything by playing WvW (and have to have PvE farmers to come up with the materials).

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: calcium.5942

calcium.5942

how about dungeon rewards back? no? i bring new friends to game , they wanna see dungeons .. BUT NO , NOBODY PLAYS , & LFG IS EMPTY !

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

My point of view – As much as I’ve loved this game, Guild Wars I and Arena.net ,I can’t shake the feeling that perhaps you are trying to please too many people at once and in so doing are losing the core supporters and fan base that put you where you are in the first place.

Raids – You actually have a large player base even participating in these ? What was it some Dev said once that difficult content is usually something the top 10% or so of gamers are even going to play ? Never been a fan of must play build " A " in-order to participate in said content.

Fractals – Even with the rewards being lucrative I have never found this part of the game fun or something I like doing. Simply making something a " have to do " if I want a legendary weapon isn’t going to make me want to do this any more. In fact there is nothing really that inspires me to play this part of the game.

Dungeons – Same with raids and fractals, this is content which no matter how it is played is entirely dictated by its game mechanics. No matter how one wishes to play you will suffer if your build isn’t in-line with the dungeon mechanics and forget trying to join a group if you can’t show you know what the flavor of the month builds are.

These are just some of the things I think about and parts of the games that irritate me the most. What I live for and something you got right was a living world. I’m a P vs E player and I can jump in the world live a story as I want and get new content to move that world forward so I’m always living a story. This was your core group of fans that made Guild Wars I, we had tough / elite content for those who wanted it but the game wasn’t spread into a zillion directions like it is now.

1.) If new players come to a game that has dead starting areas or they can not finish game content because it requires a group of players and they can not find those groups of players, why should they stay ? New rewards for experienced players to go back to these zones are only going to fix things for a short period of time. Once those rewards are gotten, new players will once again be on their own. Your games survival seems to be built around new rewards every time and not bringing players together. Your game mechanics and content also preclude smaller guilds and just a small gathering of friends to be unable to even try certain content and not every player likes to be in a guild with hundreds of players. I have a small group of friends I’ve gamed with since Guild Wars I and I wouldn’t trade them for another hundred players just to do game content. While I’m ranting here I hope certain points are being brought up that’s been a problem since day one.

2.) I have no idea how servers work and perhaps that’s something which needs to be looked into. P vs E was changed to a mega server and perhaps W vs W will be in the end as well. There is no reward for being loyal to a home server and aside from W vs W that’s the only reason to really stick with one. Isn’t there a way to include districts like we had in Guild Wars I so we had a choice of which mega server to be on ? Hell the current way servers are set up makes it even hard for players to organize community events. I use to look forward to those events and they are quite frankly a thing of the past. Although I do have an option of using LFG and hope, HOPE, that I get on the same map as most of my friends before the map gets filled up and I’m stuck playing with strangers.

Now before some moron wants to state that an MMO is all about hundreds and hundreds of players on-line and gaming with other players, I would like to say " really I had no idea ". I enjoy gaming with and helping people I meet in the game but I also want to game with and build things with my friends. Almost all new content can not be done without a group and if 2 or 3 players can not tackle things to build a guild hall, team build each other up, then they will leave one at a time slowly but surely where they will be able to do those things. Some of your player base is being lost not because they don’t enjoy the game but because you preclude them from doing it with their friends. Sure raids and said content should be there for the " elite " if you will but this games life is going to rest on the ability for players to complete all content from beginning to end. That’s simply not true with the state of the game today.

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

For some reason we got more content in the bi-weekly updates back in the old days than we get now in three month intervalls.

Seriously, what the heck are you doing with all those employees and all the time over there at ANet wonderland?

Gem store.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

It’s cool that the Alpine BL is coming back. I haven’t been to the BL since they released this one… What they really need to do is make a third BL and assign one to each team in WvW, sort of like how EotM is set up.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

My point of view – As much as I’ve loved this game, Guild Wars I and Arena.net ,I can’t shake the feeling that perhaps you are trying to please too many people at once and in so doing are losing the core supporters and fan base that put you where you are in the first place.

Raids – You actually have a large player base even participating in these ? What was it some Dev said once that difficult content is usually something the top 10% or so of gamers are even going to play ? Never been a fan of must play build " A " in-order to participate in said content.

Fractals – Even with the rewards being lucrative I have never found this part of the game fun or something I like doing. Simply making something a " have to do " if I want a legendary weapon isn’t going to make me want to do this any more. In fact there is nothing really that inspires me to play this part of the game.

Dungeons – Same with raids and fractals, this is content which no matter how it is played is entirely dictated by its game mechanics. No matter how one wishes to play you will suffer if your build isn’t in-line with the dungeon mechanics and forget trying to join a group if you can’t show you know what the flavor of the month builds are.

These are just some of the things I think about and parts of the games that irritate me the most. What I live for and something you got right was a living world. I’m a P vs E player and I can jump in the world live a story as I want and get new content to move that world forward so I’m always living a story. This was your core group of fans that made Guild Wars I, we had tough / elite content for those who wanted it but the game wasn’t spread into a zillion directions like it is now.

1.) If new players come to a game that has dead starting areas or they can not finish game content because it requires a group of players and they can not find those groups of players, why should they stay ? New rewards for experienced players to go back to these zones are only going to fix things for a short period of time. Once those rewards are gotten, new players will once again be on their own. Your games survival seems to be built around new rewards every time and not bringing players together. Your game mechanics and content also preclude smaller guilds and just a small gathering of friends to be unable to even try certain content and not every player likes to be in a guild with hundreds of players. I have a small group of friends I’ve gamed with since Guild Wars I and I wouldn’t trade them for another hundred players just to do game content. While I’m ranting here I hope certain points are being brought up that’s been a problem since day one.

2.) I have no idea how servers work and perhaps that’s something which needs to be looked into. P vs E was changed to a mega server and perhaps W vs W will be in the end as well. There is no reward for being loyal to a home server and aside from W vs W that’s the only reason to really stick with one. Isn’t there a way to include districts like we had in Guild Wars I so we had a choice of which mega server to be on ? Hell the current way servers are set up makes it even hard for players to organize community events. I use to look forward to those events and they are quite frankly a thing of the past. Although I do have an option of using LFG and hope, HOPE, that I get on the same map as most of my friends before the map gets filled up and I’m stuck playing with strangers.

Now before some moron wants to state that an MMO is all about hundreds and hundreds of players on-line and gaming with other players, I would like to say " really I had no idea ". I enjoy gaming with and helping people I meet in the game but I also want to game with and build things with my friends. Almost all new content can not be done without a group and if 2 or 3 players can not tackle things to build a guild hall, team build each other up, then they will leave one at a time slowly but surely where they will be able to do those things. Some of your player base is being lost not because they don’t enjoy the game but because you preclude them from doing it with their friends. Sure raids and said content should be there for the " elite " if you will but this games life is going to rest on the ability for players to complete all content from beginning to end. That’s simply not true with the state of the game today.

Well 2 out of 3 of your complaints are none void.

You never needed any specific build to join dungeons or fractals, only thing that gated fractals is agony.
My pvt guardian, celestial warrior, rabid necro had no problem getting into dungeons or fractals as long as I avoided the zerker only partys. Hint start your own partys and you will get through it in due time.

More often then not before they made dungeons unattractive the ones spending longest in line was the pug zerkers that demanded certain ap to enter.

all welcome filled up faster could complete 1 wing or a full dungeon before zerker party even started.

Only thing that was faster was organized zerkers but sound like you dident really fit in with those anyway mate.

Posted by: Yuna Zu Heltzer.3875

Yuna Zu Heltzer.3875

My only complaint after playing that game in pve….it lack of end game content…we have some dongeons… some fratal… and one raids….and then we have sone lvl 80 zone in the expension but there no real reason to do them because no people inside them…so it hard to do some fun! in GW 1 the fun and the content was challenging and fun(FoW/UW/DoA/ the story was cool too/ the small clan between Kurzick/ and Luxon/ hard zone/ The deed or Urgoz’s warren/ Slaver exile/ and maybe the drop was i think more fun to have than in GW2. I have played at least 5000 hours and more in GW1 and i never stop more than 1 week and in GW 2….i astop many times for more than 1 week because of the contents lacking. … and then, after that complain, my question is: are you able able to do something valuable in the game Mr. O’brian if not, you should maybe stop GW2 and make a third one with the fun thing of GW1 and GW2???

best regards folk

Yuna

Posted by: Castielq.2837

Castielq.2837

^^ I agree, with Yuna.
GW1 had really fun end content, elite dungeons ( The Fissure of Woe, The Underworld ) and specially Kurzick/Luxon the Alliance Battles, Fort Aspenwood
The Jade Quarry. That was one of the best content ever that I played all the time. Also forgot to mention Guild versus Guild and Heroes’ Ascent. ( I guess Heores’ Ascent was like replaced with sPvP now, but the thing is that sPvP is conquest mostly which is not good, not balanced at all. I would like to see more Team Death Match ). ( As for GvG you only see that in WvW time to time, which is hard to organize. Maybe now in guild hall Arena but Arena is tooo small ! we need custom maps for GvG that are bigger ). If you look at it in other way WvW is kinda not really something like Kurzick/Luxon. But in much much bigger scale. The only problem with WvW now is that you need to be on same servers, as in most guilds they are scattered around and can’t play together. I don’t play much WvW but I do enjoy it, forever alone on roaming until arenanet does something about that. And for the last for hard end content, as much as Raids are hard they are in a way not that good, it is fun but not good. Raids as only that big boss FIGHTS, which are fine most of the time. Now with that said it would be great to have content like FoW and UW. Where you didn’t really have big bosses, but quests that you needed to do to open more and more things. SPLITING how amazing was that, one assassin goes there, one goes there, and last one goes there. And then a group goes to other side of the map to complete the quest. I really loved that Spliting the team and then meeting together in the end for the chest. It was fun doing Speed Clears. They could add Elite Dungeons with same mehanic as this two dungeones had, you could do it the slow way and do quest one by one. Or you could split and everyone does their job on each side of the map, and then meet together in the middle ( or where ever that would be ) to get the chest. Or better yet give a boss fight after all dungeon quest clearing. And when you kill the boss get a chest. And you have Dungeon + Raid together. Ofcourse the boss wouldn’t be as hard as Raid bosses. Since it would be called Elite Dungeons, make it 2-4x harder then normal Dungeons. I was thinking much about how FoW and UW worked, since GW2 doesn’t have that ( solo ) runs as assassins did in gw1. Since we have 10 squads now in Raids. Make Elite Dungeon with 10 squad and because you can’t really solo everything. The Meta for it could be people go with pair as a duo, 2 people there, 2 people there, 2 people there, and then 4 people there. Maybe that is just me that liked that Spliting of groups and people in UW and FoW. Since GW2 is nothing like GW1 just lore wise and maybe some similarities in some aspects, I don’t expect them to do any of this. But In my opinion this kinda content could be easily pulled from GW1 and made for GW2. I do like Dungeones in GW2, but they made it clear that they are dead. Cantha and Elona missing it in GW2 ! Proffesions like Dervish, Ritualist, Paragon even though I guess some current proffesion are based on them but it’s not the same. Where is Scythe weapon or Spear on land combat. More skills on weapon side, to swap. Secondary Proffesions… I could talk a ton more about this stuff how they could take GW1 things to GW2. Maybe I will do some seperate threads. But yeah, As I mentioned before GW1 and GW2 are different games, can’t expect any content to be transfered or at least heavily adapted. That is just my Rant, but maybe someone will listen and like it.

(edited by Castielq.2837)

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

The Desert to Alpine swap happening later is sort of interesting. I am curious what will be in the Desert Borderlands that they are testing and how it will translate to Alpine since Alpine is a simpler map.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Just add gliding to al WvW maps and adjust things around it.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: gemini.7156

gemini.7156

please, take back UW, FoW, DoA, like Raid

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

What kind of grind are they removing? and are they looking at the dungeon rewards this time?

Posted by: Castielq.2837

Castielq.2837

What kind of grind are they removing? and are they looking at the dungeon rewards this time?

What I heard, they are looking at rewards for dungeons. Hopefully reverting them back or improving at least. As for what they will remove as grind, not really sure.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

lol at the wvwers begging for the old maps. Why not try and get the new ones fixed? I’m sure content that is almost 4 years old will bring everyone back!

While I’m not saying I like the idea of just tossing the new maps aside, I do think there were several problems. But the biggest, imho, was that it seemed much too large and complicated when trying to find opponents to fight; with the Aspine BLs, you could get to the action fairly quickly. With the desert BLs, you are having to run and run to get anywhere to get anything done, then add in the complexity of all the extra content mechanics….

I think it was basically too much, between size of map and complexity of map, making it too hard to find and engage the enemy. As such, I think that would mean a lot more editing of the desert BLs than would be easily done at this juncture.

Me, I’d rather them fix water combat so its more entertaining and bring that back to both pvp and wvw, but I suspect that won’t come anytime soon. Maybe once we finally get to fight Bubbles.

Posted by: Wanderinlost.7964

Wanderinlost.7964

Been reading about this on various forums and there is a fair bit of negative outlook on the game atm. I just like to say I think HoT overall was one of the best expansions I’ve seen in an MMO with a lot to do. 500 hours and counting and there is still plenty to keep me busy for some time without even getting into replay with alts. Haven’t done the new raid but hope to make time for it sometime in the future. DBL is a really sweet map(like all the new ones) but the lack of other players was a problem. Now I really hope that some time in the future we get DBL back, perhaps with the next expansion we would have DBL, alpine and a third BL map? Having the maps mirrored makes sense from a balance perspective but it always seemed to make things a bit predictable. Anyways I hope the game continues on the path it’s on without too much divergence due to critical complaint from non-players, I have enjoyed the challenge and having some long term goals to grind away at like masteries and the other forms of progression.

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

Will ele’s fireball still look like trash even after the update :<<<?