Upcoming changes in Spring Quarterly Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

Do you think they will fix the Revenant skills and add better drops to the open world PvE, maybe even revamp the story?

Its pretty much all i play and loot is non existent…

i really hope the drops will increase….i also run around PvE usually…just like in old times..it was sooooooooo much fun…but back then i could just stop and kill some random mobs for drop…now it feels like..after killing 50 monster i finally get 1 item. :/

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

So the patch is ready to ship but you won’t tell us what’s coming? Is it ready or not?

RP enthusiast

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

that legendary shortbow looks so bad….I mean…..ugly as hell…..6 months for developing it?? kitten .

This and the others.
Then talking intern with other developers, getting in touch with the lore people to have it fit in, reworking, changing, having a life or other things to do, beside legendarys…

Seriously. If you don´t like it, don`t craft it.
For me it is more serious than the the dreamer and as such it serves it´s purpose.

Now I just have to use it on anyone.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

So the patch is ready to ship but you won’t tell us what’s coming? Is it ready or not?

The new policy is not to preview very much so as to “surprise us on the day”

I think most people would want to know the meat of a patch in advance to ge the excitement going with just some extra surprises thrown in, but that’s just my thinking.

Very much against this new policy especially as I really enjoyed reading some of their preview blogs, but it is, what it is. I still throughly enjoy GW2, but the excitement of what is coming next has dropped considerably

edit: The Tentonhammer vid above looked interesting. DId I see Megadestroyer? Maybe a rework?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I posted last night in bitterness (which still is with me as to the wall of silence policy stated or at least strongly implied by Mr. O’Brien’s post), but I will at least be grateful that Mr. O’Brien did do one thing I had previously suggested, and that was tell us when the information would be coming. Granted it was late at night my time, so I couldn’t actually shape my game activities based on anticipated timing, but at least he did give some notice that the information was on its way.

If it will be anything more than a date, anyway.

That teaser video does suggest some changes to Cliffside. If that bow is Chuka and Champawat, phew. I’m sure some people will be very happy to have a giant mass of red spaghetti with a red fire glow in the middle but I’m not one of them (not sarcastic, that bow definitely fits the aesthetic of the big-and-fiery crowd, more power to ‘em). So if that’s the last legendary I won’t need to scrounge up resources and effort making it and I picked the right one to make for me. Might be a long time before I’ve accumulated the amalgamated gemstones but at least that will be my last time sink in this game of that sort.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I look forward to seeing what’s in store for us. Until then, I’ll keep doin’ what I’m doin’ ‘cause there’s no reason not to.

Que sera sera.

~EW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Hi all,

Two weeks ago I posted that we were starting integration and final testing for the Spring Quarterly Update. It’s been two busy weeks. The quarterly update is through QA and looking good. We’re going to announce the release date tomorrow.

As we prep for release, you’ll notice that we’re not doing the series of advance blog posts that we had done for some prior releases. Hopefully that’s not too surprising; I’ve written a few times since taking this role that I think our job is to delight you with what we ship, not with talk and promises.

With everything prepped now, let’s have some fun together and see some hints of what’s coming, and then we’ll see you in the game on release day.

So, your take away from all the previous release day mishaps like changing how karma potions work without forewarning, having to change them back so people could cash out properly, then changing them AGAIN is that “really, my team can do no wrong.”

You want to find out about all your problems face first when it hits Live instead of giving your content even a brief review by the larger playerbase… Strap in, cause I’m MASHING THAT “COMMIT” BUTTON.

Ok. Sure. I’m game. Lets see how this plays out.

History says “Badly, duh.” But what does history know?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

At least we now know it’s definitely April 19th. Yay, only 5 days away!

Jaken.6801

Hi all,

Two weeks ago I posted that we were starting integration and final testing for the Spring Quarterly Update. It’s been two busy weeks. The quarterly update is through QA and looking good. We’re going to announce the release date tomorrow.

As we prep for release, you’ll notice that we’re not doing the series of advance blog posts that we had done for some prior releases. Hopefully that’s not too surprising; I’ve written a few times since taking this role that I think our job is to delight you with what we ship, not with talk and promises.

With everything prepped now, let’s have some fun together and see some hints of what’s coming, and then we’ll see you in the game on release day.

So, your take away from all the previous release day mishaps like changing how karma potions work without forewarning, having to change them back so people could cash out properly, then changing them AGAIN is that “really, my team can do no wrong.”

You want to find out about all your problems face first when it hits Live instead of giving your content even a brief review by the larger playerbase… Strap in, cause I’m MASHING THAT “COMMIT” BUTTON.

Comunication, they try and then try not.

It`s confusing to be honest.

In my opinion they should post a blog with all changes, let us speculate and if things go too crazy, they should communicate their train of thought.

Don´t duck, cover and try to sit things out/fix things that they broke without aknowleding these things.

If any, we need more AMA, or communication channels, in which we player are able to get and give feedback with the devs responsible to certain parts of the game.

Not everyone, because the internet is a cruel place, but something like 1-2 hours of the persons daily work to interact with us.

A plattform, where we can praise, critic and get some answers. Moderated and fair if possible of course.

We need more behind the szenes stuff. More Why is something happening.

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

So…
From the looks of it we’re getting Megadestroyer world boss revamp(I foresee JUMP PADS)…
Legendary shortbow…
Cliffside boss reskinned as Mallyx(Why??)
Ad Inifinium as a Glider…
Not entirely sure what to think.. The content draught in the lead-up to HoT was bad enough, but now there’s supposed to be content, there’s none.
I completely understand ANet is looking to fix and refine the current game but..
1) Wasn’t that Colin’s goal in the first 2-3 years? The implementation and refinement of core systems?
2) Fixes and refinements don’t keep interest in the game, and not me personally either, Except WvW, but not even a HINT at WvW in the teaser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PDsORWyb50

(edited by SigmaOfApeiron.8397)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There was no promise or indication of content in this patch though from what I recall?
I agree we need less core systems and more content, but I wasn’t expecting anything until the summer. If we get even a boss overhaul next week, that is more than was previously indicated in terms of pve content additions.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So what was the point of that video? It showed random things. All random things it showed I don’t care about.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

There was no promise or indication of content in this patch though from what I recall?
I agree we need less core systems and more content, but I wasn’t expecting anything until the summer. If we get even a boss overhaul next week, that is more than was previously indicated in terms of pve content additions.

I’ll agree with that, however, in the 7 months leading up to HoT they pulled all resources into it, which lead to a serious content draught. Now, it’s been another 6-7 months since HoT without any new content aside from raids… Like I said, I don’t foresee fixes and refinements keeping people playing for long, and that not only saddens me but worries me too. Been playing since launch, and to see the amount of content issued since launch until 2015, and how the resource management for HoT drastically changed the game, it’s worrying.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

If you seek out MO’s post about suspending development of legendaries you’ll see him refer to the content pipeline being empty. A pipeline takes time to fill so I’m not expecting too much in this update. We need to look towards the next one for that.

The important thing is that he has recognised the problem and acted to address it but it will not be an instant fix. It requires that most elusive of all masteries: patience.

Donari.5237

Well.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-spring-quarterly-update-is-coming/

This consists of: The date is April 19 and here are 20 seconds of short clips to vaguely hint at the contents. (ie the teaser video we saw from TTH earlier).

Do you suppose one reason the forums seem to devour themselves is they never get any meat to chew on?

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Don’t know why people expected Anet to be any different than they have been the past 3 years, because of one AMA? lol the same guy is in charge of their communications policy for that time. Stop with the misplaced hope already.

What needed to change was the over hyping they created in previous updates, like 3 weeks of small blogs, we don’t need that type of hype creation. What we need is one blog telling us what to expecting maybe a week out, of things that are finalized for shipping. I understand certain things will be left out, like for wvw and the potential server merges, you want to keep the panic to transfer to a minimum. But not a complete shutdown on information until patch day.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

So what was the point of that video? It showed random things. All random things it showed I don’t care about.

The point of this video was:

“BWAAAAAAAMF”

Its Inception everyone! We’re going into the Dream for some reason!

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Absolutely awful trailer.

I hope they are just failing horribly at creating hype and this is not an indication that they don’t have actually have anything of substance to talk about.

I like to think that given how much negativity is floating around, they would be more forthcoming about what is being released, particularly given we are 5 days from April 19th and they should be at point where they can talk about it.

I’ve never seen a game company act like this before.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you seek out MO’s post about suspending development of legendaries you’ll see him refer to the content pipeline being empty. A pipeline takes time to fill so I’m not expecting too much in this update.

(emphasis is mine)

This is a key thing to remember. There’s virtually no chance that April’s release will have been greatly affected by Colin’s departure or will look or feel all that much different from a lot of recent releases.

Pipelines take a while to fill and the impact of moving staff around leads to less productivity (briefly) while everyone gets up to speed with their new priorities.

In other words:

• Don’t pin any great hopes on this month’s update.
  • Eh, don’t even pin too many hopes on any future update.
  • Instead, wait to see what ANet actually does, instead of worrying too much about what they communicate and when. (might be a long wait, though )
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

/sighs

Ok. I think it’s a mistake not to give some idea of plans once they are as solid as this update’s seem to be. I mean, look at the commander tag price thing that fortunately was saved thanks to community response and a couple of devs working over the weekend. That aside, even something as hush hush as Force Awakens had teaser trailers well in advance. ZeniMax manages to release very detailed information about upcoming DLCs and system changes pretty far ahead of live implementation.

But ok. At least now we know that ANet is back to the loose lips sink ships buttoned down silence of old. Giving us information is apparently just “talk and promises” that we obviously don’t need. /s

Unless “some hints of what’s coming” means that tomorrow will hold more than just “it’s coming on x date.” Guess we’ll see on the morrow.

When there might be things that we won’t like, and won’t be changed, it is probably the better way to present them to us… as a surprise >.>
Funny enough, there is little that would surprise many at this point. Thing is, this patch will decide if some will bother to start logging in to play the game at all before ls3, and ls3 will decide how much, and for how long, gw2 will be played at that time on it’s own merits.

edit: Which is kinda sad considering for a long time wvw was mine and other’s primary game mode and now essentially is abandoned by us.
No information before patch is not increased communication. Telling what would be for sure coming is not giving us just promises but whatever. Even with lack of communication some things about the direction things are going is being made pretty clear. As things stand, there are 2 chances coming up to impress at least some of us. 4/19 and ls3. gl with that

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Jaken.6801

I would like less teaser and overstyled trailer, but rather more documentary style promotion videos.
We added/changed this because this/to improve that or whatever.

To give us context and allow us to follow their thought process instead of simply: Bam, have content.

They were good at it with the blog posts that outlined patches that were near. (not their promises for the future)

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Omg, this teaser dont say nothing new, we can see the new legendary shortbow (what is nice), but still missing a lot of information, seems like dungeon rewards still the same, fractals will be remodeled but if they still giving bad loot at high level I dont know if is good… (just speculating this point).

I really like the blogs like in January when we know all the upcoming changes days before.

Personally I think that you have to get hyped to veteran (and new) players that have almost all done in this game. Seems that I’ll still doing the same at least till summer update (Daily achv + daily swamp fract + raid clean on monday…). And this makes me feel bad with my favourite game.

I hope stay wrong.

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Hi all,

Mo

Fair enough, Mike. We’re all kind of jaded because of unfulfilled promises.

We’d like to know what it is absolutely coming with this patch, though. Like, for instance, a new short bow legendary with all its building journey; or new fractal boss; or something.

We’re tired of bogus information. But no information at all doesn’t solve the problem. I’m trying to make a constructive criticism. I love your game, flaws included. We’re all human, nothing’s perfect.

Cheers.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Alpine BLs are making a comeback. I consider that a win!

SBI

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

our job is to delight you with what we ship, not with talk and promises

In other words you’re unable to deliver what you promise and unable to react to feedback given before release.

I’m really excited by possible changes to things released 7 months ago that shouldn’t even be there in the first place.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

But, not for some time…

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

But, not for some time…

Yep, they said after the Spring Update.. hopefully this update will have some relevant changes that begin to lay the groundwork of WvW 2.0 and the return of ABL’s..

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’ve written a few times since taking this role that I think our job is to delight you with what we ship, not with talk and promises.

What do you think are the odds that you will do that with this update, Mike? From the trailer I’ve just seen it’s very unlikely. Before that my expectations were low, but I’d hoped for something new, now I don’t. So, you’ve successfully managed my expectations.

Boss revamps are nice but I must have killed the megadestroyer a hundred times, tweaks aren’t enough to revitalise three year old content.
Similarly expecting people to keep rerunning the same fractals for new rewards seems unrealistic to me.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

Hi all,

In my opinion they should post a blog with all changes, let us speculate and if things go too crazy, they should communicate their train of thought.

Don´t duck, cover and try to sit things out/fix things that they broke without aknowleding these things.

If any, we need more AMA, or communication channels, in which we player are able to get and give feedback with the devs responsible to certain parts of the game.

Not everyone, because the internet is a cruel place, but something like 1-2 hours of the persons daily work to interact with us.

A plattform, where we can praise, critic and get some answers. Moderated and fair if possible of course.

You’re assuming they know what will be in the patch. They don’t. Not 100% sure anyway.

Things change. Features change or get pulled. It’s a work in progress.

Imagine if there was a critical bug in SAB and they couldn’t release it after announcing it — everyone would go wild.

I’ve seen more outrage over features that they didn’t release or features that people speculate that they are or are not working on than over features they released badly.

So, why should they communicate, if it will only make players angry when things change (and things do have to change sometimes)?

Donari.5237

I think that what makes people angry is that we get little tiny crumbs of information and that’s all we have to chew on so when they don’t deliver the crumbs as described it’s a much higher percentage of “promised” content that doesn’t show up.

If they did an ongoing flow of information like other games do, then we’d see most of what’s discussed eventually showing up in one form or another and would more likely roll with the punches when some things couldn’t make the cut after all.

Jaken.6801

Hi all,

You’re assuming they know what will be in the patch. They don’t. Not 100% sure anyway.

Imagine if there was a critical bug in SAB and they couldn’t release it after announcing it — everyone would go wild.

I’ve seen more outrage over features that they didn’t release or features that people speculate that they are or are not working on than over features they released badly.

So, why should they communicate, if it will only make players angry when things change (and things do have to change sometimes)?

I was actually more about being more involved in the development process, by being allowed to ask questions and get some answers.
They decide what to answer and what not.

They don’t have to be questions about content that is about to be released.
If it’s a lore thing for example, it could be a question like: “what happened to Gram”
If it is a music question, it could be towards: “what was the inspiration for title XY”

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

Unfortunately, that’s not happening soon. Changing course of a major MMO’s development is like turning around an aircraft carrier — there’s literally tons of momentum and it cannot happen quicker because the Commander in Chief wants it to.

Actually, it can happer quicker if the Commander in Chief abandons current projects (like new legendaries) and puts them to work on higher priority content (like Living World content).

No, it’s still not instantaneous, but it does speed things up if the game director thinks it is taking too long.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Glad I held off leveling scribing.

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

That will be to their detriment though.

It’s to their detriment to… not rush through content? Or it’s to their detriment not to post about how little they are adding this month? I don’t really see that they have any choice.

[/quote]

They had plenty of choices. They’ve had plenty of time. If they have nothing new to deliver, than that is what it is to their detriment.

I understand you are trying to be pragmatic here, but they don’t get a free pass just because they have brought themselves to this point and can’t make something overnight nor do they get an inexhaustible supply of time and patience where consumers like me continue to be engaged in their game and spend money in their gem store to fund their development.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Boy, Halfpac Mo really lives up to his name, doesnt he?

Who made the sneak peak trailer by the way? 1/3 Trailer Trevor? because out of the 33 seconds, about 11 seconds actually contain some sort of amount of information.

“we dont want to make you happy by promising to release the thing. instead, we will awkwardly sit here in silence, then release whatever they feel like.”

To quote one of the characters you created. “This won’t end well.”

My son just told me about the trailer, and the “legendary” short bow. Then I read this.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

I’ve written a few times since taking this role that I think our job is to delight you with what we ship, not with talk and promises.

What do you think are the odds that you will do that with this update, Mike? From the trailer I’ve just seen it’s very unlikely. Before that my expectations were low, but I’d hoped for something new, now I don’t. So, you’ve successfully managed my expectations.

Boss revamps are nice but I must have killed the megadestroyer a hundred times, tweaks aren’t enough to revitalise three year old content.
Similarly expecting people to keep rerunning the same fractals for new rewards seems unrealistic to me.

the poor guy cant even tell WvW and PvE apart. don’t be too hard on Mo.

I am not sure what to expect from this company anymore. Chances are, even when i dont expect anything, i will still be disappointed. atleast if they keep going at the pace down they are going, down this shallow, empty road that they are on.

In defense of Mo (Mike) I feel he is the only good direction the game has taken in a while. Though I hate it when dems or republicans do this, i think it is safe to say that his biggest obstacle is cleaning up the mess from the previous incumbents at ANET. Love the guys, hate’em, completely indifferent (i am in that boat) it was the mistakes of the past 6-10 months that are eating ANET alive right now. That is why we have a new lead regardless of unicorn/fairyland stories given.

However, one thing that should not happen is a complete content drought for all the players while fixing the mess. The whole chasing the carrot thing has gotten way too old and has been way overused.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

the poor guy cant even tell WvW and PvE apart. don’t be too hard on Mo.

I am not sure what to expect from this company anymore. Chances are, even when i dont expect anything, i will still be disappointed. atleast if they keep going at the pace down they are going, down this shallow, empty road that they are on.

In defense of Mo (Mike) I feel he is the only good direction the game has taken in a while. Though I hate it when dems or republicans do this, i think it is safe to say that his biggest obstacle is cleaning up the mess from the previous incumbents at ANET. Love the guys, hate’em, completely indifferent (i am in that boat) it was the mistakes of the past 6-10 months that are eating ANET alive right now. That is why we have a new lead regardless of unicorn/fairyland stories given.

However, one thing that should not happen is a complete content drought for all the players while fixing the mess. The whole chasing the carrot thing has gotten way too old and has been way overused.

MO was pulling the strings the entire time, even when Colin was still employed by ANet. I don’t even know where this notion of scapegoating Colin comes from.

Donari.5237

As the poster above said, MO was pulling the strings. I’m going to make it even clearer: MO is a founder of ArenaNet, has been the President of ArenaNet for a long time, was Colin’s direct boss, and originated the “don’t tell the players a darn thing” policy. With Colin’s departure (which I believe them when they say it was amicable and due to many factors including a nightmare commute — believe me, the longer your commute to work, the more it wears you down), he has temporarily stepped in as Acting Game Director while searching for a replacement for Colin. This is per his own Reddit announcement about Colin leaving.

MO is wearing two hats just now, which will mean he has less time for either one. And he’s absolutely not a new fresh face offering a clean up of what people did before; he IS the people from before.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Considering how long it has been since we got actual fresh content, that trailer did not impress me in the slightest.

I like the communication we are getting these days, but the lack of content is hurting the game. I really hope you guys are holding something back from that video, if not then I have to say I am quite worried.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I consider this a massive fail and give in to the whiners of this community.

This is no step forward, this is like a huge degeneration of this game, going back to old crap because this community is so degenerated to give the devs not at least a chance to overwork the new desert maps – no instead they hue and cry mordio as typically usual like theres no tomorrow

They should bring back the alpine maps first, until following points are done:

1) They reworked the Reward System of WvW to make it equal with PvE/PvP
2) They made some proper changes to the Desert Map as preparation TO KEEP IT in its overworked size reduced form
3) They implemented into this game a system with that they can rotate the maps out at will freely

However, thats already a dead horse topic by now and to me is WvW already totally ruined beyond any chance that anything Anet will do can fix it anymore to bring it back to a healthy state, regardless on which map we play now as long theres such a degenerated community in the background that dictates Anet what they should do with WvW beyond any common sense.

And as long such a kind of vocal minority ditates for WvW the route for this game mode to go, leadign to the point that Anet just completely ignores to use their own common sense just to please the whiners, there will be no future for this game mode in my honest opinion, if they make for every step forward due to whiners like three steps backwards…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

With so many employees at Arena Net it makes me wonder what they have been doing all this time, it is indeed worrying that this is all we are getting for the Spring update. Plus, why revamp something people are not complaining about?

The Summer update better blow our socks off because it really is starting to bother a lot of people, myself included.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Absolutely awful trailer.

Teaser trailers are always awful. No one likes being teased.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Wow. I’m keeping my hopes for the update as low as can be, and that trailer was still disappointing.

Look, ANet, if you don’t want to tell us what’s coming in the update, that’s fine. We can understand it, even if it annoys us. But then, to release this “teaser” video, and try to get us excited for the update? NO!

If you want us to be exited for what’s coming, then TALK TO US ABOUT IT! We’ve been excited by teasers from you before, and many of us have nothing to show for that but disappointment and frustration. You’ve shown a great talent for assuming you know what the playerbase wants, and charging ahead in that direction only to find that you’ve got it all wrong. The fact that you’re not talking to us just leads us to believe that it’s going to happen yet again. The teaser trailer doesn’t come off as “Ohh, something new!”, it comes off as “Oh, great. They’re kittening up THAT part of the game too?”

Either tell us what’s in the box (and get our feedback before it goes live), or stop trying to wave it under our noses to get us excited. People that pull crap like that in person are thought of as obnoxious, and for good reason.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

You must have missed where he has his standard appearance first, then activates Mallyx’s elite.

You also must have missed where you have the revenant hammer 2 skill’s effect showing while he’s in that Mallyx elite form (red cracks on the ground).

In other words, the Archdiviner is given revenant skills – likely as part of a boss rebalance for higher levels.

1) Wasn’t that Colin’s goal in the first 2-3 years? The implementation and refinement of core systems?
2) Fixes and refinements don’t keep interest in the game, and not me personally either, Except WvW, but not even a HINT at WvW in the teaser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PDsORWyb50

1) No. This was stated to be this year’s goal. Refinement has never been a goal on ArenaNet’s part, truth be told, except for smallscale stuff of massively important systems – and even that wasn’t always guaranteed.
2) And we were told back in January that 2016 will primarily be a year of fixes and refinements.

The only new content we’re getting is raids and LS3 when that comes out in June/July/August.

You’re complaining about stuff that ArenaNet went out of their way multiple times to state would be the case, and acting as if it’s a brand new thing that they were keeping hidden from you.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

On the topic itself:

the “teaser” was very disappointing, but just say..anything under at LEAST 2 minutes durations is for ne no good teaser.
This thign barely showed Anythign at of of any real substance, other than showing us the shortbow which will most likely be the said legendary shortbow.

Other than that this trailer showed not really much at all, other than that ad infinitum becomes a glider too – wow, who woudl have thought that?? Anyone who can add 1+1 together could have thought about it that its just a matter of time, until they do this – nothign special and just a sign of a bit more design consistency in regard of backpack items that all those that we have so far get slowly overlooked now, which ones of them are fitting to be upgraded to work also as gliders, because doing that for now is easier and costs lesser than to work on something completely new.

I personally wish myself, they wouldnt have brought out this meaningless 30 second drop water on a super hot stone kind of “teaser”, but instead should have brought a depthful blogpost, that describes in more detail what exactly we can await with the next patch in a bit more of detail.

Like for example a bit more infos in how exactly this patch will reduce the grind of GW2, how much impactful will this patch hit this game, or will it be just a huge bunch of many tiny band aid changes.
Or for example some kind of infos, how they reviewed the reward system of Dungeons, to revive them and bring them back to at least the poit, that players want to play them again and if not for got, then for somethign else thats rewarding and unique for dungeons, like for example adding new sets of ascended weapon and armor skins for Dungeons as new reards for tokens, like giving dungeons a new type of unique reward that you can get only from dungeons, like legendary accessoires – the last type of legendary equipment thats still missing to get a way of obtaining it somehow in the game.. everythign else has already its place in the game

legendary weapons = everywhere in the game for all kinds of materials and stuff to collect
Legendary Armor = Raids
Legendary Back item = Fractals/PvP
Legendary Accessoires = Yet not implemented, so Dungeons would be the perfect place for them to revive dungeons, as long it stays unique to dungeosn and cant get earned via PvP reward tracks, which was already the first nail into the dungeon coffin that halfways killed alot of people playing them, because Pvp was simply alot more effective in gaining all the ksins ect. from the dungeons, without ever havign to set anymore a single foot into a dungeon…

What about Class Balance Changes, the April patch when also the pvp tournament ends would be about time to make finally some proper balance changes to the Condition System finally, making also finally celestial gear complete adding accordingly Expertise and Concentration to the All Stats without that the rest looses any points and nerf condition durations of skills, so that actually Condi Builds from now on need to use expertise to greatly incresase their condi durations, so that Condition Builds finally also need more Attributes like Power Builds require multiple attributes to build up for optimization of DPS, while condis just need only basically 1 single attributers and everythign else for them is just a nice bonus … while additionally havign the huge combat advantage, that condition damage completely ignores all defense, which is somethign that should get changed by either:

giving classes more access to Resistance somehow, or
by fixing finally Toughness and makign it a working attribute, that can significantly decrease all kinds of incoming damage, including conditioon damage to some kind of deal, when even not by far as much as like direct damage reduction.
A very high toughness build needs to feel finally like you being one of those huge mordrems that receive barely damage from direct damage, but are alot weaker agaisnt condition damage.

attributes in general need to be taken finalyl alot more into overall class balance changes into consideration. especially also Vitality which should get best merged with Healing power, so that Vitality becomes more important and impactful for everybody and its effectiveness should finalyl get increased, so that it raises better the maximum health, so that a high vitality build also has significantly far more max health, than somebody with no vitality at all.
A difference of like 1000 vitality points should result in like a differennce of 7500-10000 HP and not like only 2500 or so ..thats a joke , especialyl as long toughness is so incredibly uneffective and not really workign at all as a defensive attribute that is capable of significantly reducing incoming damage at all – ever, since release of this game so that you clearly see a difference in the game when you fight
someone with high defensive stats over fightign someone thats more of a glass cannon, when the difference is just like only 1-3 hits worth

However, i don’t have any hopes up, that th april Patch will fix anything of this
I just hope for myself only, that the patch will be at least so impactful in reducing the grind in this game, that it will revitalize my interest in playing GW2 furthr and more consistently again, than doing just only dailies, gettign the login bonus and maybe doing some WvW and log off then again.

A great steop towards still would be the announcement for me, that anet removes with the patfch this degenerated system of “time gating” for ascended equipment and the WvW reward system ending up as somethign really good and convincing.

from that point on will I see further…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Because…. majority of the player base wouldn’t notice the difference, if they didn’t also reskin it.
Get it?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They have locked the changes over a week ago. They should already know what will be in that patch.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Dalsia.3907

Dalsia.3907

I admit, I do wish that is they did show is more. I did notice something about the legendary backpack from the fractals. It looks a little different. I think that it could be a glider soon.

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

I consider this a massive fail and give in to the whiners of this community.

This is no step forward, this is like a huge degeneration of this game, going back to old crap because this community is so degenerated to give the devs not at least a chance to overwork the new desert maps – no instead they hue and cry mordio as typically usual like theres no tomorrow

They should bring back the alpine maps first, until following points are done:

1) They reworked the Reward System of WvW to make it equal with PvE/PvP
2) They made some proper changes to the Desert Map as preparation TO KEEP IT in its overworked size reduced form
3) They implemented into this game a system with that they can rotate the maps out at will freely

However, thats already a dead horse topic by now and to me is WvW already totally ruined beyond any chance that anything Anet will do can fix it anymore to bring it back to a healthy state, regardless on which map we play now as long theres such a degenerated community in the background that dictates Anet what they should do with WvW beyond any common sense.

And as long such a kind of vocal minority ditates for WvW the route for this game mode to go, leadign to the point that Anet just completely ignores to use their own common sense just to please the whiners, there will be no future for this game mode in my honest opinion, if they make for every step forward due to whiners like three steps backwards…

I see your point, but I think you’re missing some vital information.
First off, prior to HoT’s release, the plan was to introduce the DBL’s, and remove the ABL’s to rework some of their content(read systems and general working) in line with the current version of the game(The ABl’s had in the game for over 2 years without a significant core update, and since then the direction and vision of GW2 had changed in many areas, something ANet wanted to reflect).
Later, they’d re-introduce the reworked ABL’s, and put them on a rotation with the DBL’s.
Now, the rotation-system wasn’t possible from the get-go due to technical limitations with GW2’s engine(and network related frameworks), but from what I heard they’ve found a workaround, and plan to have that rotation system in place some way once the DBL’s make a comeback, which is leads to the next point, which is one of the few points that isn’t going according to ANet’s initial plans.
The DBL’s will be kept for a while longer to gather feedback with the new changes they plan starting with next week’s patch. But they will then be removed and reworked further, just as the ABL’s were.
They’ve also confirmed that instead of releasing WvW 2.0 in one huge batch, they’ll release it incrementally as soon as they have something ready.

This means:
1) The reworked rewards system will come, possibly even before or WITH the newly reworked ABL’s.
2) The changes you ask for in the DBL’s, I agree BUT we have to be honest here. The changes needed are at a hands-on, front-end level, not back-end programming level. Due to this, and the limitations of the server technology, they need to PULL the maps from LIVE in order to rework and update them, especially when it comes to major changes.
3) Been discussed above.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

So a “Quarterly update” means we get 1 legendary weapon skin, rework of fotm and a mystic forge recipe for legendary back piece. This is all we get apparently… this is pure speculation ofc. but seems very lack luster to me.