Visual nerfs [Merged]

Visual nerfs [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

I’ve been playing Heroes of the Storm mostly, and having a blast with it too!

I sincerely hope that Anet rethinks what they’re doing with Guild Wars, because this ain’t working out.

I, too, have moved to playing more HotS than Gw lately.

next time on gw2 patch:
reduced particle effects on all legendary weapons to reduce clutter.
removed all animations from characters to reduce clutter.
removed all back piece particle effects to reduce clutter.
removed all skill animations to reduce clutter.
remove environment to reduce clutter.
remove all players to reduce clutter.
remove the game to reduce clutter.

in case youre wondering anet. im basically telling you to go kitten yourself.

Got me at the end. Thx

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Cevlakohn.2165

Cevlakohn.2165

Yeah, this was definitely not the correct thing to do, especially after having completely ignored the player base’s concerns over the initial visual nerfs. Terrible, just terrible.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Great, now chaos armor is nerfed. I’m getting real sick and tired of this forced visual nerf bull kitten.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

ANet, its really enough for this..

You destroy the game with these constant visual nerfs that only a specific MINORITY of players cryed over about some years ago.
You completely do somethign here, what never EVER anyone has asked you for in a total wrong way.

Visual Nerfs are all good and fine, and here comes now the freaking important POINT, that makes up for the difference between creating a peep storm all over the forums and that will sooner or later cause you only another mass exodus of players leavign the game forever in huge crowds silently and a good change, that pleases this minority of players, while god darn it leaving all the other players that HAVE NO PROBLEMS ALONE.

MAKE THE VISUAL NOISE REDUCEMENT A FREAKING OPTIONAL CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every sinmgle player should be able to decide for them self personalyl, if they do want to have that visual noice reducement, or not.
Whats do god darn freaking hard about it to add an option to the Graphic Settings, that allows all players to deactivate or to activate the reducement of visual noise from Skills?

Also, by activating this feature, the visual noice should get ONLY REDUCED from ALL OTHER PLAYERS AROUND YOU, but not from yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the freaking INTELLIGENT WAY TO DO IT HOW ACTUALLY PEOPLE WANT IT AND GOD DARN IT, HOW EVERY SINGLE OTHER GOOD MMORPG OUT THERE DOES IT – only ANet with GW2 naturally not …

So.. WHY?? pllease explain and stop this ignorance on this topic ANet.
its seriously enough and not wished too much to get from any Dev that is responsible for all this insane sudden visual nerfing at least a plausible response whats the reason for all this sudden and totally unfitting destructive visual nerfing, that annoys people only and makes yourself think about it, if ANet seems to be total blind, that they don’t recognize all this negative reactions about this topic and then they come and make the next patch and just stupidly add only more OIL INTO THE FIRE and make even moire visual nerfs that make the skills look like total jokes and shadows of their former selfs????

Seriously.???

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

I hope they kept copies of all the animations and effects they removed. Because US players are wanting them back, now, not in a couple years time. :/

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

New aura animations are TERRIBLE! do you expect me to watch my enemies buff bar the entire time i am fighting them in pvp to notice when they have an aura, we NEED to be able to see when someone has an aura, not be fighting them and suddenly be stunned and have to look at all their 30 buffs to find out if it was shocking aura that we couldn’t see, or why my projectiles are being reflected, or why I am being burned, or chilled when I hit people. BRING BACK OLD AURAS or make it where we can choose what skills are visually nerfed with a new graphics option tab

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Even if this is not the right place of the forums I agree… why not making it a graphic option? …

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Can we please get a statement.

I loved the visual asthetic of the game.
Now it gets reduced more and more.

I know some people were annoyed, but I never was.
I liked it.

Can`t we have a slider? Like with High poly models and low res?
A slider? Anything?

This is getting way too far.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

Yes please, bring it back to how it used to be during 2013!

Attachments:

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Ahahahaha this new patch reducing auras made gameplay much WORSE than better

reflect aura that is not visible
shock aura that is not visible

good thing for ele but bad for the game in general

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Dear Grenth! Is that what Michael Bae relaxes to?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Leaf.6034

Leaf.6034

I seem to recall ANet stating they were all about the player, not ‘punishing the player’ by nerfing—- of course that was ages ago prior to release of GW2. Anyway, the nerfed visual affects are very annoying, especially since I play in small groups or just solo.

I can, however, see where slightly reduced visual affects would be beneficial for large group/raid type/world boss action (lag reduction, actual sighting of the enemy etc).

The best solution would have been to implement a slider or tic box (even a keypress), perhaps something on the UI, that the player could invoke when they were involved in the kind of situation that would benefit from a downgrade in visual affects.

I hope ANet re-considers their current nerf policies.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: TrueCruel.3842

TrueCruel.3842

The majority are upset of the animations, they want them back. Anet nerfs even more.

Reminds me of EA…

But well, who gives a kitten about customers nowadays right?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

kuritsutian.2987

One thing is animation size and another thing variety of effects … I see your point here, but we are complaining because already small auras got standardized into a simple bland version of them. … all we are asking is making them optional

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Loli Ruri.8307

The majority are upset of the animations, they want them back. Anet nerfs even more.

Reminds me of EA…

But well, who gives a kitten about customers nowadays right?

Shots fired! LOL
EA hahahahaha wow just wow, and I know what you mean too.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Jax.4903

Jax.4903

We all know that the removal of “visual noise” is only for the benefit of PvP Tournaments, and so it should not apply to PvE players at all. All we are asking Arena Net to do is to restore the full special effects for all professions & elite specs to PvE.

I’ve been a loyal GW player since 2005, but, because of this, I am losing interest in playing. These visual nerfs are like removing color from a rainbow; the heroes of Tyria have lost their majestic power & splendor.

Seriously, Arena Net, please rethink & address this issue. Say something…

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: DivineRequiem.2710

DivineRequiem.2710

This visual effect nerf is really going to far. For those who want it, let it be, but don’t throw this horrible change on all of us. Make it a simple on/off option in graphics options tab, and everyone can get what they want. I personally love flashy and huge skill effects. That’s also one of the reasons I play fantasy themed games. So don’t ruin it for all of us please.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: IIIxVxIII.2135

IIIxVxIII.2135

We all know that the removal of “visual noise” is only for the benefit of PvP Tournaments, and so it should not apply to PvE players at all. All we are asking Arena Net to do is to restore the full special effects for all professions & elite specs to PvE.

I play ALOT of pvp and i can tell you that these visual nefts an not AT ALL beneficial to the pvp players. The guards elite trap is basically invisible and makes players who are immobolized think they are free to move. The new aura nefts makes pretty much all of the auras invisible so this is basically a buff for ele and will make fighting them even more annoying. not to mention the kittened egg shape that they are now…… i mean WTF.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Loli Ruri.8307

I’ve been a loyal GW player since 2005, but, because of this, I am losing interest in playing. These visual nerfs are like removing color from a rainbow; the heroes of Tyria have lost their majestic power & splendor.

Seriously, Arena Net, please rethink & address this issue. Say something…

But the effects are useful in pvp….

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: SpectralAngel.7209

SpectralAngel.7209

So now they removed auras animations, they better remove elementalists from the professions

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The idea behind the nerfs is noble and I understand it is in response to feedback about particle effects, but this isn’t reducing visual clutter in the big groups enough to be of any consequences. All it is doing is hurting the solo players or those who adore the gfx and sfx of the game.

I’ve just logged in to see the aura changes. It’s almost invisible which means it is hard to see if you are affected by an aura now.

I do hope they start interacting more with the community again and seeing threads like these which show such visual changes are problematic, finding solutions to help all parties. This round of changes doesn’t benefit large groups or solo players.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Aaron.6103

Aaron.6103

For this to come to light we need a major gaming news site to make an article about it, Kotaku or something, because enough is enough. Sure that at new PvP league is their new bread and butter, but until they get bad publicity for it, or better yet a drastic drop in CCU and profits they won’t reconsider their changes.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

They reduce visual noise on skills then increase the noise on legendaries? I’m legitimately concerned about the leadership within ArenaNet and whether there is a sound amount of communication going on in order to present a fantastic game to the people who pay their wages.

Oh also, nerf the visual noise on Sylvari glow effects because it’s really distracting me and I can’t try to be an esport when that race is in the game as it currently is.

Thanks! x

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: redmage.9736

redmage.9736

Add me to the growing list of disappointed players. I really hope Anet finally addresses this instead of ignoring the outcry.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: IIIxVxIII.2135

IIIxVxIII.2135

please remove charr from the game, they are too big and provide alot of ‘visual noise’
PLEASE NERF !!!!
/sarcasm

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I am now all out of sighs.
They’ve gotten their last one. :\

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Rukar.8036

Rukar.8036

I can only concur with the former writers. I dont mind attempts to improve the performance, but the blackbox policy that is shown here is nowhere near how interaction with the community should work.

But back to the tech:
If my fireball causes other players’ computers to crash, than I admit that the new animations are nescessary, while still beeing quite unfortunate.

But let’s take a view:

1. The rendering is client based (mainly).
  2. The game has already an option to adjust the animations detail
    → Why not add skills’ animation level to the adjustment?

That is a much better design than what was shiped to us. I understand that there can arise problems with the implemention of such a feature, depending on the original design, but you might find people less angry on those nerfs if you offered them an insight into the reasoning of your decision. And with insight I refer to the technical complications and/or game design intentions preventing the implementation and not something that reads like a “science” article in a local rag.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

please hear our feedback arenanet. Just make option in graphic options

[ ] use animations with reduced noice

and all who will want to have it on, like esports guys or something. will use it.

or at least remove that egg effect from auras. Reduced aura effect to near ground only is ok, but that egg bouble around character look BAD. People already start to call us elementalis eggmancers..

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I thought: Maybe particle effects are not attached to LOD cause they want to add more nuanced options (full/reduced/no fx for: me, party members, strangers). So I waited.

Instead, they’re just straight up removing the visuals from my formerly visually amazing ele and giving us magical egg bindle auras to wear. I can hardly even see the most impactful auras (shock, magnetic) now which is going to suck for PvP.

This game is beautiful. Please let the player decide when the pretty gets in the way of the practical.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Rojah.1059

Rojah.1059

I agree , make it a graphic option. When I first got Dragon Maw it was amazing holding victims in it’s mouth for a few secs before going back into the ground, now it happens so fast it takes away from it’s glory.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Jax.4903

I play ALOT of pvp and i can tell you that these visual nefts an not AT ALL beneficial to the pvp players.

According to some, this is being done to accommodate PvP Tournament spectators who complain about lack of viability in play-by-play scenarios.

I play mostly as a Chronomancer in PvP, and I used to be able to tell which Well I was casting by the artwork. Now all my Wells look like generic blobs. So, I would agree that the visual nerfs to Player vs Player are also unbeneficial.

Whichever way you try to slice & analyze this, it certainly makes no sense for Player vs Environment which has never suffered due to the abundance of special effects since GW2’s creation. World boss fights have always had poor viability & slow frame rates, and players are willing to accept that is what happens when hundreds of fighting characters are gathered in a small area; although, I’ve never had lag issues on bigger maps like Tequatl or Jormag.

(edited by Jax.4903)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: MomentOS.2831

MomentOS.2831

The total focus of anet seems more and more to be esports, as terrible as the thought is, I kind of hope their esport dreams crash into ruin. So they can go back to making a beautiful epic game again.

Mephasm Shadowen
[BoM] Brotherwood of the Machine
Tarnished Coast

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Loli Ruri.8307

According to some, this is being done to accommodate PvP Tournament spectators who complain about lack of viability in play-by-play scenarios.

So to hell the rest of the game and it’s player base because of spectators who are not even playing the game? Wuuut?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So to hell the rest of the game and it’s player base because of spectators who are not even playing the game? Wuuut?

ESPORTS!

Anet still thinks GW2 has a actual shot at being a major Esport rather then something to point and laugh at. My guess is they’re hoping to gain interest from those who don’t play to give it that push since let’s be honest even in the GW2 community GW2 as an Esport is a joke.

Won’t happen, but Anet is determined to try and force it.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Arya.9021

Arya.9021

A few hours before the new league starts let’s just not help PvP skill animations in any way! Yes! Near invisible auras/traps and look alike wells? Challenge accepted.

Arya- Zero Quality [zQ]-Guild Wars
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

kuritsutian.2987

Let’s hope at least that the client runs faster now… -_- sad day

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Jax.4903

I totally agree! To throw your majority loyal PvE player base under the bus to cater to a small minority who will participate in and/or view tournaments is totally whack. I hope Big E-$$$ports Money is worth alienating so many diehard supporters & fans.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

A simple thing would be a slider so that everyone can decide for them self how big or small they want the effects to be. Other developers could do it, so I see not why arenanet can not do this.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I play ALOT of pvp and i can tell you that these visual nefts an not AT ALL beneficial to the pvp players. The guards elite trap is basically invisible and makes players who are immobolized think they are free to move. The new aura nefts makes pretty much all of the auras invisible so this is basically a buff for ele and will make fighting them even more annoying. not to mention the kittened egg shape that they are now…… i mean WTF.

Wrong, the visual nerfs aren’t for PvP players benefit but for the E-sports viewers. Have you tried to watch the matches without a profound knowledge of skills and class mechanics? It is a kitten mess, can’t see what is going on, much less understand. People have been complaining about that expect among other things to make GW2 ESL tourneys more friendly and easier to watch .

Anet is set on making of GW2 an E-Sport game. They will keep pushing changes to promote that.

IMO they need to separate the 3 game modes: PvE, PvP and WvW, but that would require much more work to balance each one. PvP right now is a cc spam wars mostly because of the new defiant bar on PvE and now PvE is losing its shiny aspect to appease the PvP.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

Wrong, the visual nerfs aren’t for PvP players benefit but for the E-sports viewers. Have you tried to watch the matches without a profound knowledge of skills and class mechanics? It is a kitten mess, can’t see what is going on, much less understand.

And that doesn’t change now at all. People who have no profound knowledge of skills will still not understand what’s going on.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: starhunter.6015

starhunter.6015

Stop with the Dang Kitten Nerfs to visuals. If they matter so much in your precious little PVP league then Nerf them there ONLY. We play the game cause it was fun an looked beautiful and you Anet are taking the fun an beauty out of this game. Someone there needs to seriously get a clue.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: wetwillyhip.7254

wetwillyhip.7254

I’ll add my voice here too….
(like I did when they removed karma boosters without warning).

I main an elementalist so this affects me a lot. This is a poor way to fix what a minority crowd cries about. Please make it an option and bring back all the original skill effects. I want my fireballs to look like fireballs. I want my auras to LOOK like auras.
This is ridiculous.

You may of escaped the wrath of removing Karma boosters from the game, but you will not escape this.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: whizkid.6194

whizkid.6194

As an elementalist, I can’t even tell when skills I’ve used anymore. I shouldn’t have to memorize the skills I’ve used in a complicated fight. I can’t tell anything about what effects others have used because the visuals are almost non-existent. It is embarrassing. ArenaNet clearly doesn’t have any interest or care about when the community thinks, as long as they get money from their ESL leagues and crap.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: akalpurakh.9306

akalpurakh.9306

That would be an issue with ‘Impact Scaling’. Not sure if you’ve been to Orr lately but it looks nearly identical. Only difference between 2013 and 2015 is that all individual skills are nearly invisible and look like total crap, but once grouped up they still give us the same issue as your picture demonstrates.

Still waiting for that LOD option Arena Net. Get to it.

(edited by akalpurakh.9306)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Jax.4903

Wrong, the visual nerfs aren’t for PvP players benefit but for the E-sports viewers. Have you tried to watch the matches without a profound knowledge of skills and class mechanics?

Spectators do fall under the broad “PvP Tournaments” category. People who have read my comments prior to and after this post would have gotten my point. Having said that, I’m glad to have been a small catalyst for more response in this much needed thread that seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

The total focus of anet seems more and more to be esports, as terrible as the thought is, I kind of hope their esport dreams crash into ruin. So they can go back to making a beautiful epic game again.

It’s not a terrible thought at all, ignoring the major playerbase is the worst thing they could do, and the sooner they snap awake from this demented delusion the better. I also hope they get the MMO market equivalent of the 1920 NY crash so they get traumatized and learn to never do this sort of kitten ever again. I hope this Esports bullkitten brings them to near bankruptcy, dangling just high enough so they can recover with the knowledge that the major playerbase is NOT to be ignored.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Soupy.4970

Soupy.4970

BOOOOOOOOO

LAMMMMME

First the Chrono well nerfs, then the time warp nerf, and now chaos armor? Really ANet, REALLY? Come kitten on! Here we are asking for actual improvements (like a LFG overhaul) and bug fixes, and this is what you do with your time instead?

Hire a kitten UX developer already. We NEED a better LFG tool, and now it’s obviously apparent that we NEED user-controls for spell visuals. Seriously. Let US decide which versions of spells to use – nullified or full effect.

These recent design choices surrounding the user experience tells me that you have no one on your team who knows anything about UX design – or you do but their suggestions are being suppressed by upper management (which if that’s the case, then that’s wasted talent)

A HUGE portion of what makes this game FUN to play are the visuals. But nope, you keep reducing spell effects and pushing more and more skins through the gem store.

/rant

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Astrus.7480

Astrus.7480

I just don’t get these changes being made in the name of esports…

I’m honestly wondering how it’s going to make it any easier to follow a match when they reduce effects to the point that you can hardly tell that someone used a skill, let alone what skill.
They might as well go all the way and just display combat logs. That might actually make it easier to tell what’s going on than these borderline invisible effects.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Just noticed the whole new batch of visual noise complaint threads, can’t wait for them to get merged again so I can look at the jolly big number of replies in this thread.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Never seen anyone complain about auras before… Why are they wasting their time destroying visual effects people liked when elite skills like Rebound and Tornado needs to be drastically improved?