Wardrobe and Minis

Wardrobe and Minis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

one question…
what happens if I have more copies of “account bound mini”?

You mean like a dozen mini Jennas? lol

I’ve wondered the same. I sort of doubt we’ll get an official response, but here’s to hoping.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

what about the miniatur collector achievments? so u wont be able to get them now that u no longer can put pets into collectors tab? great

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

one question…

Let me guess, its that darn Jenna mini you’re thinking of?
Yeah I’m curious too.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People have the option to unlock them to be account bound. Its completely up to the players if they want to do this. Much better than them forcing it onto players.

Wardrobe and Minis

LanfearShadowflame.3189

what about the miniatur collector achievments? so u wont be able to get them now that u no longer can put pets into collectors tab? great

“New achievements will also now be available for completing Wardrobe account unlocks for the series 1, 2, and 3 minis.”

They old ones will probably just morph into these new ones and the old ones will go away. As they are essentially the same thing.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Elmin.1854

Elmin.1854

one question…

Yeah I’m curious too.

Jenna… I have 10 copies…
but “2013 halloween” minis too (2x each)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’m really excited about this change! Good job, Anet!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Was this what Arena Net thought would be perfect for veteran players?

It’s just the first post of the week.

Still, a lot of people do like it. It is something we have asked and asked for.

Still, it not really a feature. It seems like all of this could have been added to the wardrobe when it was first released.
And judging by the names of the other two articles this week (Reimagining Collections and Trading 2.0) not much else is changing, other than some filtering stuff (at least with trading 2.0). All in all, I have no real joy/anticipation with this patch (yes I know they can’t please everyone all the time). All the stuff changed seem like minor “features”/QoL things. And this weeks articles was supposed to be more towards us veterans.
Granted at least we’re getting this stuff for free, that I appreciate.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

But they’re supposed to be features and QoLs. That’s the point of a features patch. Content resumes when the LS returns.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

“New achievements will also now be available for completing Wardrobe account unlocks for the series 1, 2, and 3 minis.”

They old ones will probably just morph into these new ones and the old ones will go away. As they are essentially the same thing.

I guess that answers my earlier question. Just owning them won’t count anymore.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

WOW!
I actually liked this changed,a lot! I can’t wait to use my minis!
No more loneliness when I’m not playing my Ranger,and now my Ranger will have 2 pets following her (going to buy a Mini Stalker right now)

@EDIT
WHAT THE
Mini Lynx went from some silver to 20g,WHAT IS THIS SORCERY? /sad

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

so instead of, like now, i can buy all pets and re sell, i’ll probably have to dump 100x more gold and then destroy all the pets just to get achievment. Great, Anet….

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Now my panda will always be available to cuddle without me having to put work into our relationship by having to poke him all the time from my inventory.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

@EDIT
WHAT THE

Working as intended.

You’ll be able to parade around the minis that you already had, or your story based minis. But most TP minis will significantly jump in price.

Also… the big guilds that had setup a system to share minis and unlock achievements are kinda screwed if I read this correctly.

NSP Why bother?….

Wardrobe and Minis

skullmount.1758

WOW!
No more loneliness when I’m not playing my Ranger,and now my Ranger will have 2 pets following her (going to buy a Mini Stalker right now)

@EDIT
WHAT THE

And this is the problem with these announcements. Only some make a profit. Others (that are working/sleeping due to time zone/at school/etc) are stuck with only the consequences of these announcements (it screwed out of being able to get in on it or buy stuff before they get too high).

Darkhaven server

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

@EDIT
WHAT THE

Also… the big guilds that had setup a system to share minis and unlock achievements are kinda screwed if I read this correctly.

My Cheevos.

Magumer Ranger

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You would think that a feature patch could at the very least introduce 1 new skill per class. Specially when the game has been out for 2 years.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Really like the change! I’m a mini person myself and have all mini’s I personally like that are not a few hundred gold. It was always such a hassle to equip some.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Now I’ll never get that mini Karka. cry

At least I have my hatchlings.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

well good thing i decided not to sell my minis last night hopefully they will go up a lot so i can make a bit of cash of them. itll be my way of saying goodbye minis

Wardrobe and Minis

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Still, it not really a feature. It seems like all of this could have been added to the wardrobe when it was first released.
And judging by the names of the other two articles this week (Reimagining Collections and Trading 2.0) not much else is changing, other than some filtering stuff (at least with trading 2.0). All in all, I have no real joy/anticipation with this patch (yes I know they can’t please everyone all the time). All the stuff changed seem like minor “features”/QoL things. And this weeks articles was supposed to be more towards us veterans.

They have classified “QoL” changes as something that belongs in a ‘feature’ patch, as its not ‘content’ per se. It is a revamp of an existing system, which technically makes it a ‘feature’ if you want to look at it that way.

Basically, all feature patches are going to contain things that pertain to game systems (wardrobe, minis, collections, combat, leveling, etc), as opposed to playable components (new maps, more story, new skills, etc). Playable components (ie content) are now part of the LS roll out.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Any minis currently in your bank or bank collection tab will still be in your bank when you log in. You’ll need to take them out individually and choose whether to unlock them for your account or dispose of them some other way. In order to make this easier, all minis of the same type now stack in inventory
You will no longer deposit minis into bank collections. Once a mini is removed from the bank, the collection space for that mini in the materials area of the bank will disappear. Those collections are being moved to the Wardrobe. New achievements will also now be available for completing Wardrobe account unlocks for the series 1, 2, and 3 minis.

Question. Does this mean the only way to keep the minis acount bound free is stash them in valuable inventory space?

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Dana Hawkeye.9724

Dana Hawkeye.9724

As some may know, I have been hacked 4 times now. The last time I have not been re-rolled. I lost all my minis bar the account bound ones. Will I have to buy all of these yet again or will they automatically be unlocked? The achievements I have gained from the mini unlocks still stand, even though I no longer have the minis themselves.

Scouts of Tyria [SoT]
Gandara

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

one question…

I’d assume it just reduces to one. I mean, was there any point in having duplicates? It’s not like you could sell them or anything. =P

Wardrobe and Minis

LanfearShadowflame.3189

As some may know, I have been hacked 4 times now. The last time I have not been re-rolled. I lost all my minis bar the account bound ones. Will I have to buy all of these yet again or will they automatically be unlocked? The achievements I have gained from the mini unlocks still stand, even though I no longer have the minis themselves.

Yours might be a special case and I would suggest contacting support regarding it.

As it stands, based on the blog, if you don’t own the mini and then tell it to unlock (which destroys it), you aren’t going to get any credit for it. They don’t just unlock because you had something at some time or anything. Similarly to how skins didn’t just all unlock because you had them at some time or another.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Volmarg.4310

Volmarg.4310

Reads article
“Cool→ Finally gonna buy that one mini since it will be worth it for all my chars”

logs in
Goes on Trade Post
<cry>
From 20g to 140g.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Yellow Moa will slowly turn into a Golden Chocobo

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m sure ANet has considered this very thoroughly

Just like they thought through silk and elder wood?

They did think silk through. And now, look at the price of those minis fly.[/quote]

Silk wasn’t an accident? Well that makes it all look worse.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

one question…

Yeah I’m curious too.

And all them Mini Risen Priests.. .. at least let us forge the ones we cant sell.. such a silly idea to have no way of offloading duplicate mini’s that couldn’t be sold.. but yeah, I am guessing zero response is likely on this.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

The gathering tools might be a bit much to ask of them. Something like this would remove any additional incentive to purchase more than one set, which isn’t good for their bottom line.

Raise the price. have everyone purchase them for around 800 or 1000 gems and they have their profit.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The gathering tools might be a bit much to ask of them. Something like this would remove any additional incentive to purchase more than one set, which isn’t good for their bottom line.

Raise the price. have everyone purchase them for around 800 or 1000 gems and they have their profit.

Current gathering tools are 1000 gems. Not sure what you mean by this.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Now this is a feature update! The first good news yet imo, looking forward to the next couple days.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Minis (and finishers) on the wardrobe is actually the only positive change in quite a long time.

Its just a huge downer knowing this is probably the only thing vet players will notice difference (oh, that and now having light armor alts for farming).

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

Omg & i just sold all my mini sets last week. :*(

Whith.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Current gathering tools are 1000 gems. Not sure what you mean by this.

Whoops. Sorry, didn`t know the prices.
Still would be beneficial for them. If everyone could now have it so “convinient”. Shedding out 30 bucks (or so) for this Qol would certainly be something people would do.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Everything sounds good, except that they also put the “locked” gem store skins in your wardrobe, as if to say “you know you could have this right? just buy it with real money! We’ll remind you every time you press ‘h’ to buy this! Just buy some gems guys! please!”

I get spammed by all kinds of adverts everytime i go out of the house, listen to the radio, watch tv or surf the internet.
Are you actually complaining about Anet advertising their products?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Wardrobe and Minis

skullmount.1758

They have classified “QoL” changes as something that belongs in a ‘feature’ patch, as its not ‘content’ per se. It is a revamp of an existing system, which technically makes it a ‘feature’ if you want to look at it that way.

Basically, all feature patches are going to contain things that pertain to game systems (wardrobe, minis, collections, combat, leveling, etc), as opposed to playable components (new maps, more story, new skills, etc). Playable components (ie content) are now part of the LS roll out.

I know thats what they’ve said. I’m not expecting new maps/stories/skills with the feature patches (maybe new races/classes though). But all these things so far that they have announced for this feature patch are all little minor changes (except maybe the mini changes and the finisher preview (since finisher already had its own kitten tab)) to an existing system(s).
So far all this patch has done is pushed me even farther away from loving this game. All their choices/direction of the game seem to be the complete opposite of what it was in the beginning.

Omg & i just sold all my mini sets last week. :*(

I’m in that same boat as well. Wish I didn’t sell them now. I could have made soo much money.

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Woohooo, just bought the only mini I liked Tequatl. I thought it was still above 100 gold but no when I looked it was at 45 gold. But because I expected the price of it to drop I waited and just bought it for 25 gold. There were first only 32 of this mini and now there are over 90. I’m very happy, I don’t even care if the price drops below 10 gold.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Wow. My mini Southsun Kasmeer is now 329.99 gold. Up from about 30 gold or so. O.o
Supply went from 60 to 2.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Sounds awesome! Nice job, Anet.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Wardrobe and Minis

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well, with the price hikes, I feel sheepish for not having bought minis well before now.

Still, makes me reconsider if I “really need” some of the ones I have right now.

What? I’m a tad short on gold presently.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

WOW!

@EDIT
WHAT THE

Ha! I bought Teq for +9g 2 hours ago. Now is at 20g.

Better hurry and get all the minis now :P

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

Sounds like a good way to increase demand by decreasing supply and in turn increase gem store sales. Nice.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

What I want to know is why it was necessary to remove the collection slots. This is basically making it so that people who want to maintain a collection must either consume the minis or look to purchasing ~150 inventory slots plus an indefinite quantity in the future. This is taking choice away from players about how they want to manage their mini collection and forcing minis to become another gold sink for unlocks.

Also, they mentioned new achievements for unlocking. What will happen to the current achievements if people can no longer add minis to the collection slot? Are they now going to be forever stuck at their current progress?

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll laugh if everyone buying them are just speculators and the prices crash.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

The mini change will be nice even if it’ll add chances of lag since minis will be more commonly put out. (remember gw1 festivals)

The finisher change seems pointless. I really wish they would spend time and resources on meaningful changes/additions.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Wardrobe and Minis

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The finisher change seems pointless. I really wish they would spend time and resources on meaningful changes/additions.

I don’t consider the finisher change to be pointless or a waste of resources. I, and at least 1 guildie, will appreciate being able to preview these in game. As opposed to having to go to dulfy.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Evil Seabass.5214

Evil Seabass.5214

Just curious about something. I have all the achievement points for the mini collections 1, 2, and 3, but after earning the points, did not keep the minis. Will those minis be unlocked for me with the update, or will I need to re-collect them all?

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

If they had everything major done/polished…yeah sure by all means, but when they are focusing resources on inconsequential nuances instead of needed revisions and additions….I find it hard not to consider it pointless.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

wonderful change, but the TP is going to be crazy for a while with this announcement. Kind of sad that I sold my sets 1-3 now, but that’s how the cookie crumbles!