What did you get from the final daily reward?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BenGrech.3912

BenGrech.3912

As the title says, let’s help others choose their reward wisely…

(I havent chosen yet myself either :P)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If anybody picked the Legendary Crafting Materials chest, I’d love to know how many Obsidian Shards and Mystic Clovers you got out of it for data collection purposes.

Speaking for myself, I’m going to take the Ascended Materials chest this first time (because I need a spare Vision Crystal for Light of Dwayna), but subsequently I’ll always go with the Laurels chest unless I need more Vision Crystals.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

you could type “/wiki login reward” into chat and the game would direct you to a wiki page telling you all about the login rewards, including link to a page dedicated to the 28th chest.

Frankly anything I reply with beyond this would be copy/paste from there. You may as well go read it from there yourself.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: BenGrech.3912

BenGrech.3912

If anybody picked the Legendary Crafting Materials chest, I’d love to know how many Obsidian Shards and Mystic Clovers you got out of it for data collection purposes.

I just opened the chest

The Legendary Craft Mats chest gives you a random amount of Shards and Clovers…………..

So I went with Laurels :P

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I know that it’s random. I’m hoping to get some data from people who picked the Legendary chest so that we can record on the Wiki just what that range is.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Tomorrow, I’ll just take the 20 laurels. I don’t craft, and I’m not leveling an alt, so I have little use for the other rewards.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

20 laurels equals about 26-27 gold with today’s pricing for T6 fine mats. Unless you really, really need that vision crystal and are not swimming in bloodstone/dragonite/empyreal (like everyone who have been farming Silverwastes) I think the choice should be easy.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

I checked the wiki and went with the Chest of Ascended Crafting Materials as it gives you 1 Vision Crystal and 1 or 2 of Damask, Elonian, Deldrimor or Spiritwood (random). I was lucky enought to get 2 Damask

Tom Gore.4035

I checked the wiki and went with the Chest of Ascended Crafting Materials as it gives you 1 Vision Crystal and 1 or 2 of Damask, Elonian, Deldrimor or Spiritwood (random). I was lucky enought to get 2 Damask

Good for you. You could also have got 1 Elonian, which is why the gamble is usually not worth it unless you’ve having real trouble gathering ascended mats (which I already mentioned should not be a problem with them dropping like crazy in the Silverwastes) for the Vision Crystal.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

With 540 laurels sitting in the bank gathering dust, I think I’ll take the Ascended.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Tom Gore.4035

With 540 laurels sitting in the bank gathering dust, I think I’ll take the Ascended.

And you’re not turning them to gold which would allow you to buy those ascended mats (minus the Vision Crystals that can be farmed 1-2 per day now), because…?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I chose the laurels, safest bet to turn into cash. I immediately turned them into t6 mats for my new legend.

I am curious if this same table will repeat itself starting tomorrow or if there will be a new one.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I chose the laurels, safest bet to turn into cash. I immediately turned them into t6 mats for my new legend.

I am curious if this same table will repeat itself starting tomorrow or if there will be a new one.

I think it is supposed to be the same every 28 days, unless they change it with a patch some time (like tomorrows, anet)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m going with Laurels, I’ve got a ton of them, but that’s only because I haven’t turned them into gear for all my alts yet.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

for the Legendary Crafting Materials chest , several reports point to 7 Clovers and 8 Obi. The description says random .. but everyone on reddit( so far ) got the same amount

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I have absolutely no use for Legendary mats since I have no intention of making a legendary any time soon. And the Tomes option just seems like the “joke” option to me. I mean, a few days ago we got 4 of them for a normal daily, and if you choose them here you only get 6? Not very impressive for what’s supposed to be a special reward. I have little use for the Tomes anyway even if they did give you a lot of them, for that matter. So the only 2 I even considered were the Laurels and the Ascended Mats.

I went for the Ascended Materials because I’ve already got over 250 laurels just sitting around doing nothing anyway, and I because I figure you already get laurels from the daily login rewards anyway, where Ascended Materials is something a bit more “special”. Mind you, I don’t exactly use ascended materials either, as I’ve got far too many characters and sets of gear to really consider replacing everything with Ascended, but I do make the odd back item here and there, and there are a couple weapons I’d like to craft just for the skins. So I figured what the heck.

Got 2 Damask out of it, so that turned out pretty well for me. Decided to sell them since I’m a bit short on gold after picking up a couple of the Wintersday weapons.

Although after reading through this thread, I may go for Laurels in the future. I guess I haven’t looked into the uses for laurels much (I’m basically stockpiling them “just in case” at this point) and didn’t realize you could get so much gold for them.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

And you’re not turning them to gold which would allow you to buy those ascended mats (minus the Vision Crystals that can be farmed 1-2 per day now), because…?

I think I’m under the delusion that they will be used for something more epic in future. :/

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well it will be after day change for me, BUT I’ll go fo rthe laurels, I have 8 mains and a further 7 alts: most of them are using ascended trinkets but not all of them… And I also have some alts with secondary gear.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m about a week behind most people because I was away over Christmas, but when I get to it I think I’m probably going to get the laurels.

I’m working on a legendary and I’ve already got the obsidian and mystic clovers, but I need T6 mats (I sold a lot of my stockpile to buy the precursor) so they’re the most useful to me at the moment.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Laurels of course.

Posted by: Fauven.3195

Fauven.3195

Euhm, you guys say of turning laurels into gold? But how? They seem useless to me. Only for ascended items but I have saved like 350 atm withering?

Ranger & mesmer 80
Piken Square [Gwen]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Heavy Crafting Bags for 1 laurel each. They contain 3, Tier 6 mats. 3 T6 mats can be sold for between 60s to 3.6g pretax depending on the mix but roughly 1g per bag after TP taxes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m going to go with the tomes. I have far too many alts, some of which are lagging behind due to the concept not really working until I can get them all the traits they need.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Euhm, you guys say of turning laurels into gold? But how? They seem useless to me. Only for ascended items but I have saved like 350 atm withering?

As others said, you can get a bag of t6 materials for 1 laurel. Each bag contains three randomly selected t6 mats. So, yeah. You’re sitting on a lot of gold.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Everything besides laurels can be obtained through means other than the daily login rewards. With the wintersday daily laurels gone as of tomorrow, laurels is pretty much the only obvious choice for me.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I will get mine tonight, but it will be laurels for sure. Ark makes a good point. I can get all the other stuff in game. Laurels are the only thing we can only get from the daily login reward, and of course, from AP chests. But that’s it. And you can use them for ascended stuff or turn them into gold, or buy dyes, or even Season 1 rewards, like minis and specials helms, etc. Laurels are the best currency in game

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Laurels for me. Still gearing up my alts and even if I weren’t they would be the best choice for me.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

7 Clovers and 7 Obsidian shards. Very good in my book. I like you had a choice of what you could select.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

got vision crystal and ascended wood plank

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’m going for the laurels as there’s simply too much variable value associated with ascended mats. On one hand you could get 27g worth of damask (which would be nice) OR you could get <2g worth of elonian leather (which would stink).

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Vision crystal, 2 deldrimor ingots (nice, as I’ve had an iron deficiency for some time and have been making the time-gated part but not the ingots themselves. I miiight some day make more ascended pieces). I almost think there was a third thing.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Vision crystal, 2 deldrimor ingots (nice, as I’ve had an iron deficiency for some time and have been making the time-gated part but not the ingots themselves. I miiight some day make more ascended pieces). I almost think there was a third thing.

Sry to quote you here but this got me thinking. Couldn’t one take the 20 laurels convert them to t6, sell them, then buy 4 deldrimor ingots? Basically twice the main reward?

For that matter I wonder what the overall return on the choices are, give the variance and the value possibility of each?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Hands down – laurels. I was thinking just before opening Pffshh, this better have 10 minimum in it but low and behold – a generous 20. I’ve been needing these oh so much. Sadly I forgot winters day dailies rewarded a laurel so I missed out on a lot of those but these will help.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I am sure one could. I, however, am a pack rat. Until I hit 1500 units in the bank, all my mats stay with me. And I’m barely double digits on most T6, if that. I’m not making gold hand over fist in SW — I’m salvaging and banking mats. Mithril and Elder Logs are the only things I have that much of, and even the logs I haven’t maxed into planks yet.

I cannot make myself sell things until I have no room to keep them. I had so many stacks of unidentified dye …. then I needed the bank space so I kept one stack on the off chance I ever bizarrely decide to make Bifrost and sold off the others, clearing over 300 gold from doing so.

So to me getting a vision crystal is a saving of future effort, as is the pair of ingots, but I’m not looking at it financially. Then again I never min-max in any game, or do anything terribly efficiently

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Speaking for myself, I’m going to take the Ascended Materials chest this first time (because I need a spare Vision Crystal for Light of Dwayna), but subsequently I’ll always go with the Laurels chest unless I need more Vision Crystals.

7 clovers, 8 shards.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yep went laurels.

Gone to Reddit.

Zaxares.5419

7 clovers, 8 shards.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! As mentioned, it seems that despite the description saying a “random” amount of clovers and shards, everybody is getting 7 Clovers and 8 Obsidian. I see that the Wiki has also been updated appropriately.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

So in essence:
Legendary reward – only if you need clovers, obsidian shards aren’t that hard in the first place.

Tomes – only if you have multiple alts not maxed.

Ascended mats – bolts yay! Everything else boo (see below)

Laurals – can be converted to t6 mats (which you need more so than what you get out of the “legendary” reward), and if you sell them, its better to go that route than gambling with the ascended box and hope for bolts of damask.

I think these rewards need some tweaking.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Laurels for me, knowing my luck ascended mat would give me 1 Elonian Leather Square ;_;

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Just a heads up to the people not taking laurels. Get the laurels. Trade em in for T6 mats. Sell the T6 mats and buy the stuff you need for the ascended mats. It’s not even a contest on the value atm.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

I just take ascended. I need 2 Damasks for my legging but I got Elonian instead.
I know laurels are better profit. But if I choose it, I would not want to spend them.
Even if I buy t6 mat, I would still want to keep them instead of selling them.
Even if I convinced myself to sell them, I would still not want to spend that gold :/
Because I am a hoarder.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Laurels, because… why not…

Attachments:

Zaxares.5419

Wow, Healix… O.o

And I thought I had too many Laurels at 754. XD

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Wow, Healix… O.o

And I thought I had too many Laurels at 754. XD

I have one lonely laurel.

The 20 went thru my hands so fast I got ‘laurel burn’.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Baby needs a new necklace … laurels.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

2 Elonian Leather Squares for me.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Laurels as well.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Laurels.

In my quest to make my legendary weapon (which took me about a year and a half, by letting ‘most’ of it happen naturally), I found crafting the mystic clovers fairly easy. The only thing I had to go pick up from time to time were more obsidian shards, but always sitting on over 2 million karma, that was easy enough.

The laurels were great for ascended jewelry, and came in handy in my last ‘push’ to collect T6 mats (and roll up T5 mats).

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I took the 20 Laurels

Posted by: Daala.4258

Daala.4258

Laurels are the best choice.