What feature do you miss from your old MMO

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

I miss having to sit down and stare at a spellbook to meditate and regain mana.

Oh wait, no I don’t. that was a HORRIBLE mechanic.

I miss player housing but not like LOTRO (with set places to put things) but like Aion.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Variety in battlegrounds.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Only 20 Levels and 100’s of skills to choose from. Oh wait, that was original GW.

And the Costume Tab from DCUO was nice too. You could have all the armor/weapon skins and change them at your leisure w/o loosing stats.

(edited by Galphar.3901)

Posted by: FirebrandFrog.7603

FirebrandFrog.7603

Man, what to list…

Off the top of my head, I miss having mounts. Just a regular ol’ horse to ride around with. Would make traveling from spot to spot easier if I wanted to save money on waypoint traveling.

I miss controllable pets (this being primarily from SMT: IMAGINE). I suppose I’ve been spoiled somewhat by its pet system and how frickin’ amazing and useful it is, only to play GW2 and be reminded that Ranger’s pets are…eugh. Even in WoW, they had commands and could be used to their full function.

And for small stuff, I miss having all those cute emotes like /joke or /flirt. I’d love to hear the way a Norn can hit on someone.

Briar Stoneheart, 80 Warrior | Erik Haptem, 80 Necromancer
(currently leveling: a Mesmer, an Engineer, and a Guardian)

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Guild Houses, instruments from lotro and “last online” from pretty much every single mmo.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Man, what to list…

And for small stuff, I miss having all those cute emotes like /joke or /flirt. I’d love to hear the way a Norn can hit on someone.

Just go to GW:EotN and listen to some of the Norn in those towns, hilarious

Posted by: camerrell.1963

camerrell.1963

AoC Fatalities and melee combo system.

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

The one thing I miss more than anything belonged to Silkroad Online. The “trinity” job system. You had traders, hunters, and thieves.

Traders would travel from town to town carrying “goods” in order to sell them. The goods would rate from 1 to 5 stars and if you carried more than 2 stars player thieves could attack you. NPC thieves would periodically spawn to harass and try to kill the transport holding your goods. Depending on how far you took the goods your price would increase. Town 1 goods sold decently in town 2, but if you made it to town 3 they were worth SO much more. Adding in the “trading economy” where if a town was oversaturated with a certain good you wouldn’t be given as much this was extremely fun.

Hunters were the body guards of the game, hired to drive away both NPC thieves and player thieves. Not much to this but still insanely fun.

Thieves however, my favorite… you would don the pure black thief outfit that screamed death at the enemies. Roaming the countryside looking for hunters to kill was a blast. If you found a 2 star or above trader you didn’t even think about it. You looked at them, they looked at you, battle commenced. You would NOT let them go. After you killed them and their caravan you would summon your own transport and steal their goods. When you were all loaded up you would pop a “thieves portal” scroll. It gave you a 5 minute countdown. After that 5 minutes you would be teleported to the den of thieves to sell your goods. During that 5 minutes however, oh god…it was a free for all. You knew the trader was coming back to get his stuff. You knew he was going to hire a hunter to find you.

Objective 1: Hide
Objective 2: Prepare for battle
Objective 3: Learn when to cut your losses

It was an open world pvp system that wasn’t required to be done! This meant people who had no interest weren’t effected, yet it held dynamic game value. Who could resist the taste of easy money? God some of the fights would be so epic when you got full on job wars outside of towns. Or when a guild of traders would caravan together forcing thieves to group up and ambush them.

I really miss this and I would kill for anet to place this in the game. It was SO MUCH FUN.

(edited by KeyLimPi.9031)

Posted by: FirebrandFrog.7603

FirebrandFrog.7603

Man, what to list…

Just go to GW:EotN and listen to some of the Norn in those towns, hilarious

I unfortunately don’t have the original GW games, though if there’s a video of some of the dialogue…

Briar Stoneheart, 80 Warrior | Erik Haptem, 80 Necromancer
(currently leveling: a Mesmer, an Engineer, and a Guardian)

Posted by: RamataKahn.4283

RamataKahn.4283

Addons, dual speccing, a good AH interface, an item rack feature of some kind.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

In my old MMO< I could actually log in!

/bah dum tsh

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Xhale.2869

Xhale.2869

well I came here from aion so I miss free flight and gliding off big mountians and also mounts the flight and gliding I understand because we could all just glide into forts in wvw (muhahaha) but id love to get some sorta mount that gives perma swiftness in wvw and u get dismounted if hit….

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

I miss something that, ironically enough, was in GW1: the ability to simply click on an area and have your character run over there (as well as keeping the current modes of movement control as well, of course).

this is actually the first mmo I’ve played that doesn’t have that

I remember when I started playing WoW for a bit (shortly after I started playing GW1), WoW didn’t have that feature. When WoW eventually added it later on, I specifically thought of GW1’s influence.

Conversely, something I’d hoped that GW1 (and now GW2, for that matter) would use from WoW is the onscreen real-life clock in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. That way, I wouldn’t need to constantly look away from the screen to see what time it is in real-life.

You know you can enable a real world clock in your mini map?

Go to settings and poke about abit.

Posted by: JZAB.2563

JZAB.2563

Ammo for weapons, food for pets, and other items necessary for certain abilities. Yes it was annoying when you ran out, but there is something about it that I miss.

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

The one thing I miss more than anything belonged to Silkroad Online. The “trinity” job system. You had traders, hunters, and thieves.

Another thing I miss is the ability to trigger guild wars between guilds. You found a guild, sent them a war declaration. If they denied it nothing happened. If you accepted then it was a open world pvp arena. Every kill was worth X points, each player in the guild was a target, no matter level or zone or anything. War was War. You could place money bets on the war declaration as well. God…I miss this game.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Just simple quality of life stuff I STILL cannot believe the devs have not introduced yet.

1. A LFG system
2. Guild functions like last online, welcome message, calender etc etc
3. A build swap system
4. A wardbrode for creating armour sets
5. Customisable hotbars

AND most important for me personally;

Any kind of non combat activity you can progress within. From fishing to couriering. Also any activities that revolve around a open world PVP setting. The job system from silkroad sounds amazing to me (first iv heard of silkroad to be honest). Something that creates the feeling of sandbox endgame.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

WSG and AB 14 15 !

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I miss the interactions between aligned guilds, instead of a each man for himself mentality. I also miss an easy sPvP queue from the open world where i don’t have to fly around all the time trying to select a match.

Also, from GW1, COSTUME STORAGE.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Trinity and LFG

Not having a role kinda blows long term, imo. Very little separates you from any other member of your class.

LFG tool is pretty much mandatory. Directing your playerbase to a third-party site just to get a group feels pretty pathetic to me. Even tho the site is very useful, this is a standard tool in mmo..not to have one(especially this far past launch) is droppin the ball.

Lots of people talk priorities. In that case, I’d say quality of life (tools, performance, etc) mechanics are way more important than any other area.

Posted by: Maethril.9586

Maethril.9586

I want possibility to solo any content in this game. For example all dungeons, especially those story paths at least.

But yeah things I wish from old games, games like UO:
-I would love to get more epic pets (if not else then just for looks) to be tamed.
-Pet evolution, gaining experience through usage and growing.
-Some mounts to use with city clothing, just couple different type of horses would be enough for me (better than some broom…).
-Housing.
-Guild buildings/halls.
-More city clothing. (Possibly player made, tailoring etc)

Also from other games:
-Weapon dyeing (to some extent).
-pvp arena in pve world. (Gladiator feel >:D)
-More unique armors. Similar to some dungeon armors, but be able to drop from open world champions, events etc. (Bit like in diablo 2) Also preferably just from those, it would make ppl to go wander less used maps too (if they are cool enough).
-Bit more variety to weapon skills (utility style), or at least possibility to modify the order of skills in weapons.
-Deathmatch mode to pvp.

And those are just for now hopes. :P

Thing I DON’T want to see is Trinity.

Lvl 80 Warrior – Ranger – Thief – Elementalist – Mesmer – Guardian.
Switched Anet to Square E and haven’t regretted it even once.

Posted by: Demonsoul.9271

Demonsoul.9271

from WoW:
40-man raids (they got rid of this)
hotbars
a fairly solid ranked (team) arena system (definitely could be done better than blizzard, though)
a separate, larger battleground system (specifically CTF)
unrated arena skirmishes (they got rid of this)
world drop boe epix (back when there was only like 5 of them and they had a .0001% drop rate only from high level zones)

from SW:ToR:
Huttball

from Planetside 2:
airplanes and rocket launchers

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

BIS weapons that actually look good
Customizable hotbar with macros
7 to 9 player parties
More skills/utilities
Capes
Cosmetic headgear like hats/circlets/hairpins
Mounts
Pet naming
Evolving pet
Enchantable weapons that glow
Profitable crafting
Selling goods directly to player instead of auction house
Augmenting weapons to change attributes
Open world pvp
LFG option

Posted by: Morbious.5832

Morbious.5832

i dont miss the trinity

one thing i really miss from coh is global channels
you’d choose what channel Taskforces, bases or just a guild alliance channel
you was never alone

Posted by: Quartz.3462

Quartz.3462

LFG tool and less lag in large scale content with lots of people.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

daoc

- Weapon dye

- No such thing as soulbound on equip items. The only time an item was locked on your character was if you got it as a quest reward, along with a few other exceptions.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

More skills, this game is severely lacking in useable skills, to me that makes your character more diverse..

If i had to pick a second it would be dual Classes that was an amazing feature lost because of laziness imo..

Some new gear and weapons actually added to the game for free, i know what a insane concept actually new free content..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

WoW: LFG. Having a third-party website to coordinate parties is and should only ever be considered a stopgap.

GW1: primary/secondary professions

CoH: free aesthetic costume changes

RO: element strengths/weaknesses (e.g. fire elements weak to water but strong against fire/earth)

I’m sure I’ll come up with a dozen other things after I post this -_-

One thing I don’t miss, though, is the trinity. The game playing favorites with healers and especially tanks is no fun when the class you prefer cannot perform either role. Making some classes inherently inferior from an overall game experience standpoint is evil (WoW especially).

Posted by: Riochu.6128

Riochu.6128

- “!” quests. Yeah maybe I’m nuts, but at times I do miss em. >.>
- Build Variety.
- Player to Player (trade window) trading.
- Solo/Duo-able dungeons.
- “Rares” that were worth more than salvaging for ektoz.
- Armor skin variety.

~(^_^)~

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I miss the economy and crafting and exploration, I miss being able to sell ANYTHING, I miss losing everything if I die so that shiny gear is really shiny

I still play EVE but I wish all games had item loss and I hate the idea of soulbinding.

@Avatar, the lfg.net is a stopgap, Anet are working on it.

@Riochu. yeah the local trading is a wonderful thing. I don’t mind the mail thing but the number of people you can send to at once should at least be enough to send things to your whole party (and mutual friends/guild should have no limit)

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

(edited by emikochan.8504)

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

1. Trinity (I loved healing!).
2. Dueling (Something to do while waiting for guild events/dungeons/ect.)
3. Being able to run friends through dungeons without being downleveled.
5. Challenging content.
6. Fishing!

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Arenas and Raids, especially 10 man raids.

I really miss being able to get 1-2 people together and do something competitive in PVP.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Harsher death penalties including and up to Perma Death. Doesn’t have to be you die and it’s game over. It can be you die, go into ghost form and have to run back to a healer/revive point while evading shadowy things that can permanently end you.

Open world dungeons.

Having to walk everywhere. I’d love all the waypoints to be removed.

Not having map chat. You can only hear those in your vicinity, party, or guild.

Gear that breaks often enough to make people think of carrying backup equipment or using stuff the scavenge on the way.

Housing.

Mounts.

Enemy monsters that loot your corpse, including gold.

Banks not being so secure. Sure they store your gear, doesn’t stop them from being robbed once in a while.

Making decisions and taking actions that actually change the world, not just being a robot following orders/objectives.

Posted by: havellian.4073

havellian.4073

Vindictus:
- real action combat (intuitive combo system, fights depend on timing/openings, interactive environment, bosses w/ hitboxes that actually make sense)
- fashionable clothes that you actually wanted to work towards
- hats that interact w/ your hair and don’t make you go bald

Aion:
- most fashionable clothing designs in any mmo (subjective)
- well written quest text
- flying

Granado Espada:
- fashionable clothes
- unique setting

GW1:
- actually engaging story
- upright charr
- heroes & hench
- CANTHA
- never thought i’d say this… the hustle-bustle of (old) lion’s arch and Spamadan during GW1 heyday

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

Housing. The system in SWG was awesome. It was largely ported over to EQ2 and remains the best system I’ve come across. All items were positionable across all axis and this meant that players spent hours creating amazing interiors. I loved being an Architect and being able to craft houses and furniture to put in it.
Edit: I would love to be able to live in Lions Arch and not be restricted by race.

Vendors. Being able to craft items and sell them on your own vendor gave a lot of enjoyment to dedicated crafters, as did:

Crafter names on crafted items. This builds the reputation of good crafters who strived to produce the best items possible.

Appearance/Town/Wardrobe Clothes. I never understand how games with cash shops so badly misjudge this potentially huge market. Ideally, I’d like to be able to craft clothing that all players could wear, but I’d also happily pay for clothes I want to put on my characters. Being able to wear clothes that are an overlay to our combat gear would be a huge step in the right direction. Both SWG and LotRO had good appearance/wardrobe systems. Town clothes are pretty useless and far more variety is needed, less gimmicky stuff too. Better still, remove the restrictions on armour appearances and allow them to be skinnable across all classes.

/sit command. I want my characters to sit on chairs, benches, sofas, etc, properly. There are so many potentially useable chairs, it’s a shame they are not accessible. STO has seen this system being rolled out with new content and older content is receiving a pass to add the feature. It really aids immersion.

Emotes. So many emotes are missing that would really add to the atmosphere, especially when RPing. MxO and SWG had really lengthy lists of emotes.

(edited by Talenna.4052)

Posted by: Bob.5732

Bob.5732

I played GW1 for 2 years and WoW for 3 years. I love GW2, but one thing I really wish it had was a good dungeon finder tool similar to what WoW had back when I played it.

Yes, I know about gw2lfg site, but I hate that site and we should not be forced to use 3rd party tool for grouping. Yes, I know GW2 developers have stated that a dungeon finder tool is in the works, but there is no date given when it would be finished that I’m aware of.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

The thing I’ve missed most, in every MMO since Star Wars Galaxies, is the non-combat classes. The Dancer, Musician, Tailor, Image Designer, Merchant – all of these added something huge to the community, they were ways to draw people into cities, to fuel the player controlled economy, they provided important buffs and services you could get nowhere else in the game. The nice thing in SWG, too, was that the point buy system meant you could be a master dancer and then still go out and hunt bounties when you wanted.

Since then I have been longing for a game that offered this sort of thing again. You could still have your primary combat class, but then let people choose to do these things – maybe as an alternative to crafting. (though Tailor was a crafting class it’s scope was huge).

I still remember going to concerts in game with choreographed bands dancing and playing music while their R2 droids where firing off special effects. It was beautiful and these groups made loads of credits doing just this sort of thing as their main in game focus.

Not only that but these classes complimented many of the more active fighting classes, too. Rangers would go and catch animals for crafting materials; they could also make (and sell) camps where Dancers or Musicians could use their buff powers in the field, etc.

GW2 has a decent community, but you want to see a community really come to life, add options like these.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

(edited by Jack of Tears.9458)

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

GvG, guild halls, guild hall battles, fortress battles (fortress located in PvE envirnoment) and guild epic raid instances I miss. In general I don’t care much about yes/no trinity. However, another game I play has nice solution where the user can switch from DD to his class specific role, e.g., healer or tank. Like that everybody can be DD and everybody needs to choose 1 essential role he/she can play.

Posted by: Orkfaeller.7931

Orkfaeller.7931

Character Sheets?
Dont know how actually name it, but those window that allows you to write lets say a character description in it, great for roleplaying and putting clan/Guild stuff into it.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Character Sheets?
Dont know how actually name it, but those window that allows you to write lets say a character description in it, great for roleplaying and putting clan/Guild stuff into it.

Character Bios, yeah any game with a decent RP community should really have these – kinda frustrating they don’t.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Fishing,
unique boss drops from dungeons
evolving pets,
capturing elites from bosses.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Non instanced zones. I miss the big open world that I could walk from one end of the continent to the other and never see a load screen.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

AoC Fatalities

Oh yeah, possibly one of my favorite features ever.

Also from GW1

Build templates that you can swap out with no hassle
Costumes

from WoW

limited loading screens from traveling zone to zone. If there was one thing I missed from that game it would be this.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I played a lot of GvG in my GW1 years, and that is probably what I miss the most: content which truly, TRULY forces people to organise and work together as a team. I don’t care if that team is 5 persons or 8. I want to synchronise builds and tactics, and work together toward a common goal. I want to follow a good commander into a nerve wrecking battle which tasks our group to its limit.

GW 2 has dungeons and WvW, but nothing in there comes even close to the kind of teamwork required for GvG. sPvP, meh, maybe, but still not the same. Too much cookie-cutter builds and standard tactics. It reminds me of HA in GW1, and I never really liked that either.

Think that is the main reason for me leaving GW2 (temporarily?) behind (yes, I’m sad to say I haven’t logged in in more than four weeks now, even though I thought the game was pretty awesome) and picking up League of Legends.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

GvG, guild halls, guild hall battles, fortress battles (fortress located in PvE envirnoment) and guild epic raid instances I miss. In general I don’t care much about yes/no trinity. However, another game I play has nice solution where the user can switch from DD to his class specific role, e.g., healer or tank. Like that everybody can be DD and everybody needs to choose 1 essential role he/she can play.

Ragnarok Online (played on KRo and EuRo)had plenty of that, the actual WvW is a bad concept of siege gameplay, if any one put walls and AC’s on gw1 AB,players would have a copy of WvW, theres no reward by doing WvW, i dont die much about 1 or 2 times on reset night, but the castle rewards are futile, towers, castles are dammn small, thats what i miss most from old mmo, large WvW map and large castle with interiors paths were guilds had to set traps cloaked thiefs and much much more(and was possible to maintain a castle for several weeks).

Cant talk about DAOC i didnt played it much.

Todays games are wanabe or bad ideas of the old games, one thing i have have learned is that better graphics does not mean better support or better development.

Think that is the main reason for me leaving GW2 (temporarily?) behind (yes, I’m sad to say I haven’t logged in in more than four weeks now, even though I thought the game was pretty awesome) and picking up League of Legends.

Pretty much what will happen to this game, Sandbox and openbox will kill it for sure in a near future(2yrs).
Atm i only log for reset night and even that might end, theres no credit in game time played when 5minutes you lost the shrine (woops wanted do say tower) you had conquered.

Living story IMO is nothing of what Anet says it is, or at least i dont feel like it, i am not feeling the imersive and live world, just some popup at the right corner saying “goto X” talk and leave wait for next content.

“just my 2 cent of what i think about some content, and sorry about any bad english.”

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Being able to heal, yes, I said it, trinity.

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I miss something that, ironically enough, was in GW1: the ability to simply click on an area and have your character run over there (as well as keeping the current modes of movement control as well, of course).

this is actually the first mmo I’ve played that doesn’t have that

I remember when I started playing WoW for a bit (shortly after I started playing GW1), WoW didn’t have that feature. When WoW eventually added it later on, I specifically thought of GW1’s influence.

Conversely, something I’d hoped that GW1 (and now GW2, for that matter) would use from WoW is the onscreen real-life clock in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. That way, I wouldn’t need to constantly look away from the screen to see what time it is in real-life.

You know you can enable a real world clock in your mini map?

Go to settings and poke about abit.

Thank you for the info.

Among other things, the onscreen real world clock will make it easier for me (as it has in other games) to know when it’s time to wind things down when it’s getting late.

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I miss

From Everquest:
- longterm PVE character progression through skill points (AA in EQ) beyond just buying all the skills at 80 (GW1 also did this better)
- huge non-instanced dungeons where several groups can roam through for coop play (important difference to instances: no or little scripted encounters, difficulty through mob density and respawn times)
- factions that like or dislike your character based on his actions (probably impossible the way GW2 is set up)
- a useful LFG feature (like EQ ca. 2002, not auto-dungeon finder like WoW)
- more camera options for screenshots
- Epic weapon quests (a legendary weapon that deserved the title, with a quest chain to obtain it)

From WoW
- hunter pet taming variety
- mini-pet and mounts (for collectible / Show-off / Style reasons, not move speed)

From GW1
- multiclassing (balance nightmare so understandable, but I miss it)
- MOAR skill choices

In general:
- the home instance being a variety of player housing with trophies or changes based on the characters in-game accomplishments
- deeper more useful crafting (different stat spreads(?), more skins)
- more content suitable fo 2-4 players, most of the game is solo or 5 player oriented. Open world dungeons would suit this since the players can decide with how many they go as long as different parts are more or less difficult
- more traps and pit traps in outdoor dungeons, illusionary walls and so on. I think a guild puzzles goes in that direction.

I could probably list a dozen more things if I thought about it for a while.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Traders would travel from town to town carrying “goods” in order to sell them. The goods would rate from 1 to 5 stars and if you carried more than 2 stars player thieves could attack you. NPC thieves would periodically spawn to harass and try to kill the transport holding your goods. Depending on how far you took the goods your price would increase. Town 1 goods sold decently in town 2, but if you made it to town 3 they were worth SO much more. Adding in the “trading economy” where if a town was oversaturated with a certain good you wouldn’t be given as much this was extremely fun.

Hunters were the body guards of the game, hired to drive away both NPC thieves and player thieves. Not much to this but still insanely fun.

Thieves however, my favorite… you would don the pure black thief outfit that screamed death at the enemies. Roaming the countryside looking for hunters to kill was a blast. If you found a 2 star or above trader you didn’t even think about it. You looked at them, they looked at you, battle commenced. You would NOT let them go. After you killed them and their caravan you would summon your own transport and steal their goods. When you were all loaded up you would pop a “thieves portal” scroll. It gave you a 5 minute countdown. After that 5 minutes you would be teleported to the den of thieves to sell your goods. During that 5 minutes however, oh god…it was a free for all. You knew the trader was coming back to get his stuff. You knew he was going to hire a hunter to find you.

Objective 1: Hide
Objective 2: Prepare for battle
Objective 3: Learn when to cut your losses

It was an open world pvp system that wasn’t required to be done! This meant people who had no interest weren’t effected, yet it held dynamic game value. Who could resist the taste of easy money? God some of the fights would be so epic when you got full on job wars outside of towns. Or when a guild of traders would caravan together forcing thieves to group up and ambush them.

I really miss this and I would kill for anet to place this in the game. It was SO MUCH FUN.

This sounds totally epic. Man I think something like this could work really really well in WvW or perhaps a SPvP mode. Thanks for posting this here, I felt the tension and excitement just from the way you described it lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

BIS weapons that actually look good
Customizable hotbar with macros
7 to 9 player parties
More skills/utilities
Capes
Cosmetic headgear like hats/circlets/hairpins
Mounts
Pet naming
Evolving pet
Enchantable weapons that glow
Profitable crafting
Selling goods directly to player instead of auction house
Augmenting weapons to change attributes
Open world pvp
LFG option

If you are meaning being able to name Ranger pets we can. Simply open up the Pet page and check the box next to it’s name. However if you put in a new pet to replace this pet the name will reset to it’s default.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: SingTheDeadSong.8957

SingTheDeadSong.8957

This is actually the first MMO I’ve really played, besides Final Fantasy XI, and that was only for a few months.

I guess one feature I thought was cool in Final Fantasy XI, was that I could switch my character’s class (or job). So I could have one character that was a level 10 Red Mage, switch that same character to a Warrior, and level the Warrior job stating at level 1. All on the same character. That was pretty niffty.