What if Ascended Gears was reversed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I would only go along with this if they allowed you to gain the infusion slot on your exotics some way. perhaps pay a nominal gold amout for it/ perhaps a mission to infuse.

Just leaving the slot on ascended makes it more desirable that exotic, which defeats the purpose.

Leave the ascended stuff for skin or bragging rights = ok

but truth be known, I just want it gone.

I’m not sure if you would benefit from infusion slot if it took up the upgrade slot of the exotic item. Maybe it would be better to keep the ascended gear for fractals only, so people who need agony resistance aren’t penalized.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Personally I would be delighted. However, I’m not unmindful that many players have already invested a lot of time and effort into acquiring them. They would have to be somehow duly compensated.

That said, I have protested ArenaNet’s betrayal of its core values and many promises the only way I can. They have not seen a penny of real-life money from me ever since. I’ve learned to be frugal and convert in-game money to gems instead.

On the other hand, if they got rid of ascended I’d probably buy at least $50 of gems just to celebrate.

Sirendor.1394

I would like it gone.

In fact I’d like Exotics (stats, not looks) gone as well.

Less grind. More room to experiment.

Yep. I would play this game a lot more (and actually do things I like) if there wasn’t something like gear progression in this game. For WvW I have 7 classes. I try tons of builds on them, and I need different stat combos (and runes/sigils) for most. It’s really costly.

I think exotic is ok as top tier. They could remove rares. I think they should keep it whites, blues, greens, and exotics.

Exotics are quite expensive still. I never had 100g at the same time to be honest, and some exotic stats are very expensive: dire (10g per armour piece). I think they should just add more karma traders for armour and maybe make exotic drop some more. I think I got less than 10 exotic drops in nearly 1,5k hours of playing.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I kind of wish that Ascended gear was no different from Exotic other than the extra infusion slot (to be used for Agony Resistance only).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I would like it gone.

Yep. I would play this game a lot more (and actually do things I like) if there wasn’t something like gear progression in this game. For WvW I have 7 classes. I try tons of builds on them, and I need different stat combos (and runes/sigils) for most. It’s really costly.

I think exotic is ok as top tier. They could remove rares. I think they should keep it whites, blues, greens, and exotics.

Exotics are quite expensive still. I never had 100g at the same time to be honest, and some exotic stats are very expensive: dire (10g per armour piece). I think they should just add more karma traders for armour and maybe make exotic drop some more. I think I got less than 10 exotic drops in nearly 1,5k hours of playing.

You’re right that certain stats are expensive. That is mostly upgrades though. If that was the end of the line for armor progression I could live with it easilly, becuase you could get a cheap set or buy one for karma. there’s different stats at different temples. Or you could mix and match. the skins are the same.

SHM.7628

I kind of wish that Ascended gear was no different from Exotic other than the extra infusion slot (to be used for Agony Resistance only).

I’m with you on that if they allowed you to somehow obtain the slot on your exotic as well. They could make the skin nicer on the ascended so people feel like they didn’t lose out if they have it already. Plus it would give some people a reason to obtain it.

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

I’m fine with the idea of Ascended. In fact, I like it a lot.

My only problem is the SEVERE grind needed for certain items. Rings and amulets are fine, but earrings are an annoyance, and the amount of effort needed to get a back piece for every alt/build is waaaay beyond what I think is reasonable.

It is weapons and armor that are the real kicker for me (and I do have 500 in weaponsmithing and a few ascended weapons). Crafting is not fun. Leveling crafting is definitely not fun. Farming for mats/gold to throw away in to the abyss of crafting is soul destroying. Would much rather have an alternative method (and I don’t mean RNG drops). Make me go get 100 tokens from every dungeon, a gift of ascension, whatever.

Don’t make me craft.

Sirendor.1394

I would like it gone.

You’re right that certain stats are expensive. That is mostly upgrades though. If that was the end of the line for armor progression I could live with it easilly, becuase you could get a cheap set or buy one for karma. there’s different stats at different temples. Or you could mix and match. the skins are the same.

Yeah ok, that’s reasonable. Would always be nice to get all stats available through karma/badges, but that will just be a quality of life improvement :P

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So what if Arena finally admit the mistake of Ascended Gears and decides to reverse their decision and remove the gears entirely? Would people be happy or would people be upset at this point?

I personally would be happy if they got rid of them, even though I have all ascended stuff already. Just compensate by giving us gold for each ascended piece.

What mistake? What’s the problem with ascended, it gives people a reason to keep playing. I like it all and the more gear the better. I wouldn’t mind Legendary having their own stats increase (3%).

Sirendor.1394

Make me go get 100 tokens from every dungeon, a gift of ascension, whatever.

Don’t make me craft.

Problem is, everything else would be “too easy” in anets eyes. They want players to farm months on end to get all those ‘top gear items’. They’re incredibly expensive and cost unreasonably much. I don’t know many people who have 400 gold lying around for one armour and one weapon craft and 60 gold per armourpiece/weapon…

If I wanted to gear out my guardian in one set that would make:

• Armour craft: 200g
  • Armour:
    6 × 60g = 360g
  • Weapon craft: 200g
  • Weapons:
    - Greatsword: 60g
    - Mace: 60g
    - Shield: 60g
    = 180g

In total…
200+200+360+180 = 940 gold for one single set-up, and I didn’t mention runes/sigils yet.

Seriously anet. It wouldn’t be able to afford it if it was 10g per craft and 5g per piece…
That would still be 2*10+6*5+3*5 = 65 gold
Farming 65 gold would keep me busy in PvE for at least 2 weeks, and then I would have only 1 set-up.

I have 5 exotic sets on my guardian at the moment and some 10 weapons.
That would mean 30g (armour) x 5 and 5g (weapon)x10. In total that would be 200g for gearing one character with all the sets I need for my WvW fights.
Would be busy for 2 months at least and then I still have 4 other level 80s.

Ascended farming is ridiculous. Please face the truth.

Sirendor.1394

I’d like to add aswell: totally alt-unfriendly: if you have 5 level 80s (I know people with as much as 10):

• You need to max all armour and all weapon crafts:
    - 6×200g artificer, huntsman, weaponsmith, leathworker, armoursmith, tailor.
    - 6×60g for armour per character: 5×360g
    - 5×60g: lets take 5 weapons (I know that isn’t much) per character: 5×300g

In total you’d need
1200g (crafts) + 1800 (armour) + 1500 (weapons): 4500g

Do you get the picture?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I’d like to add aswell: totally alt-unfriendly: if you have 5 level 80s (I know people with as much as 10):

In total you’d need

Do you get the picture?

The thing is, do you need to? If we split the playerbase into 2 types, the type that plays for progression and goals, and the type that just plays for fun.

Plays for fun: you don’t need ascended gear to do anything. Sure it would be nice to have it but nothing needs Ascended items in the game. Why would you NEED Ascended gear for alts?

Plays for progression: if you just make Ascended items equate to Exotics (ie, gets handed to you on a silver plate) then there’s nothing for a lot those people to achieve.

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

In total you’d need

Do you get the picture?

The thing is, do you need to? If we split the playerbase into 2 types, the type that plays for progression and goals, and the type that just plays for fun.

Plays for fun: you don’t need ascended gear to do anything. Sure it would be nice to have it but nothing needs Ascended items in the game. Why would you NEED Ascended gear for alts?

Plays for progression: if you just make Ascended items equate to Exotics (ie, gets handed to you on a silver plate) then there’s nothing for a lot those people to achieve.

If it isn’t NEEDED then guess what, it shouldn’t have been introduced in the first place!
It’s not like this game is perfectly fine in every single aspect to warrant a time investment of the devs to create a new tier gear that ISN’T NEEDED.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

If ascended gear were reversed…

People would have a hard time explaining why they were holding their swords by the pointy end.

Then imagine how awkward it would get when pants were released…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

In total you’d need

Do you get the picture?

If it isn’t NEEDED then guess what, it shouldn’t have been introduced in the first place!
It’s not like this game is perfectly fine in every single aspect to warrant a time investment of the devs to create a new tier gear that ISN’T NEEDED.

There’s a difference between needing it in the game and the game needing it. By the same argument, Legendaries aren’t needed and cosmetics aren’t needed, heck, what’s the point of the personal story? Lets scrap it all. But then you just end up with a game which has nothing to do in it.

A lot of people play MMOs to pursue goals or progression. Thats what Ascended gear is there for and why we got those absolutely pointless infusions that give you +5 power for a truckload of rare mats. It’s just there so satisfy people who want to be stronger.

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

I would be happy with the rest of the player base (who are not WoW fanboys) .

i play wow all i can say is your being insulting and rude with disgusting post like this GW2 is not the end all be all game.

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

If ascended gear were reversed…

People would have a hard time explaining why they were holding their swords by the pointy end.

Then imagine how awkward it would get when pants were released…

~Kris Kross will make ya grind grind!~

That would be wiggida wiggida wiggida wack.

Pariah.8506

In total you’d need

Do you get the picture?

There’s a difference between needing it in the game and the game needing it. By the same argument, Legendaries aren’t needed and cosmetics aren’t needed, heck, ..

Legendaries and cosmetics are skins, they don’t give any statistical advantage whatsoever and don’t contribute to the gameplay mechanics.

what’s the point of the personal story? Lets scrap it all.

You mean.. no more Trahearne? By the five, yes! Count me in!

A lot of people play MMOs to pursue goals or progression.

Completely agree, and that progression should be a horizontal one instead of a carrot-on-a-stick number crunch.

If people want to grind their nuts off for BiS gear there are a plethora of games that do grinding way better than GW2, just go play Korean MMO No. 324687513

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

i play wow all i can say is your being insulting and rude with disgusting post like this GW2 is not the end all be all game.

He’s probably upset over the fact that WoW is beginning to do what GW2 promised to do and WoW is doing it better. Ignore the haters because WoW bashing is the fashionable thing to do these days.

SHM.7628

He’s probably upset over the fact that WoW is beginning to do what GW2 promised to do and WoW is doing it better. Ignore the haters because WoW bashing is the fashionable thing to do these days.

Lets be fair here here. This is Guild wars 2. They had a locked in audience. That audience in large part pre-purchased the game in good faith. They promised one thing in the manifesto and delivered quite another by 2 months in.

I have nothing against WoW. (I’ve never played it actually.)I have seen a significant minority requesting a WoW like experience. (mounts, raids, vertical progression, etc) If they would have told me they were going in that direction at pre purchase, i would have never bought the game.

Dark Catalyst.1028

Lets be fair here here. This is Guild wars 2. They had a locked in audience. That audience in large part pre-purchased the game in good faith. They promised one thing in the manifesto and delivered quite another by 2 months in.

I have nothing against WoW. (I’ve never played it actually.)I have seen a significant minority requesting a WoW like experience. (mounts, raids, vertical progression, etc) If they would have told me they were going in that direction at pre purchase, i would have never bought the game.

You’ve never played WoW so you may not be aware. What a small minority is requesting is more akin to old style WoW and they’re asking for it here because Blizzard decided to move away from that for good reason. Currently, and in the upcoming expansion, Blizzard is starting to incorporate many of the good things that ANet backtracked on.

Sirendor.1394

In total you’d need

Do you get the picture?

I’m going to connect with this argument. Technically gear progression isn’t needed. To make it understandable let me use a comparative approach:

PvE: Ascended are redundant:

• Player A has Exotic gear – He’s fighting a PvE environment.
  • In only one case Ascended gear is needed: fractals, since you need agony resistance.
  • There is no need for ascended gear in any other part of the PvE world.
    QED: Ascended in PvE are redundant except for fractals

PvP: Ascended are redundant:

• PvP = Players fighting players, to see who’s the better fighter (therefore they need to have the same means: armour/weapons/…)
  • Player A has Exotic gear – He’s fighting Player B who has Exotic gear too.
  • Player A & B are on an equal footing.
  • Ascended are now the highest tier armour.
  • ArenaNet wants all their players to get ascended armour.
  • Player C has Ascended gear – He’s fighting Player D who has Ascended gear too.
  • Player C & D are on an equal footing.
    QED: Ascended make no difference in PvP so long as everyone has them (which was clearly the intention of Anet).

The problem we see: not near everyone in this game will be able to get ascended gear as it is. Does Anet wish to make their PvP unbalanced? Apparently that is the only solution to this paradigm. But then it is no longer something called competitive, and it serves no use at all. > WvW would become useless if we accept that not everyone can get ascended gear after an acceptable amount of effort.

I’m going to refute this: Arenanet has no advantage of making their PvP unbalanced.
So ascended are redundant.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

In Essences if they removed acceded at this point they destroy the game. The player base would drop off in droves and all you would have left is a declining new player base and super casuals. After that I give it another 6months max before NCsoft stepped in and shut down the servers for good.

Unlike the poor decision to remove fractal progression from some players (this affects maybe 10% of the over all player base if that). Removing crafted ascended gear that people payed good money to make would undermine a larger part of the community (most like 25-50%). Then there are the repercussions from players losing faith in Anet to do the right thing and not remove progression. This would just be a huge downward slope.

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

So what if Arena finally admit the mistake of Ascended Gears and decides to reverse their decision and remove the gears entirely? Would people be happy or would people be upset at this point?

I personally would be happy if they got rid of them, even though I have all ascended stuff already. Just compensate by giving us gold for each ascended piece.

I have a follow up question. How many people would reward Anet with a cash shop purchase if they did remove it?

How about $50? I’d do it.

After they fix their game I’ll consider making gem purchases again. Until then not a chance. I really would rather not play then give them any more money for the game as it is now. This is a secondary game at best for me. It could have easily been my primary game back like it was at release before the Lost Shores release. Now however they’d have to A fix all the screw ups and give adequate compensation for their mistakes. Basically reimburse for materials spent in leveling up trades to 500 and the materials that went in to making the Ascended items. It was a lot of time and effort put in to harvesting all those materials that would have been much more fun spending doing pvp and not gathering.

After their back to where they were they’d have to do something totally ground breaking to set them apart from just being another WoW clone. Their not going to get people back who have moved on. And no matter what they do the vast majority of people view the company as full of liars that say one thing and produce the exact opposite. So good luck but now 1.5 – 2 years by the time they could fix it after release they’d need to figure out something so ground breaking that people would put down other games to give this one another try. Again good luck.

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Why are people still crying about this? Only the horrendous players who think that a tiny bit more damage will let them win a fight are the ones who can’t sleep because of ascended gear.

In WvW for instance, if you can’t beat an equally skilled player while you’re wearing all rares or even masterwork, you won’t be able to beat them with ascended gear. It doesn’t make a big difference at all. Builds, foods, and player skill make a much bigger difference.

Here’s an example. If I craft TWO ascended weapons for my warrior. I will gain the following over exotic:

8 power
.3% crit chance
0% crit damage

If you think that’ll make a difference in anything then you’re silly. People are also silly for spending hundreds of gold on making ascended weapons but that’s just my opinion.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Why are people still crying about this? Only the horrendous players who think that a tiny bit more damage will let them win a fight are the ones who can’t sleep because of ascended gear.

In WvW for instance, if you can’t beat an equally skilled player while you’re wearing all rares or even masterwork, you won’t be able to beat them with ascended gear. It doesn’t make a big difference at all. Builds, foods, and player skill make a much bigger difference.

Here’s an example. If I craft TWO ascended weapons for my warrior. I will gain the following over exotic:

8 power
.3% crit chance
0% crit damage

If you think that’ll make a difference in anything then you’re silly. People are also silly for spending hundreds of gold on making ascended weapons but that’s just my opinion.

And 5% more base damage. You may have a point, but being selective about your statistics undermines it.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

In my opinion, people have blown ascended gear out of proportion. It is not the ‘vertical progression’ or ‘gear treadmill’ people claim it is.

A gear treadmill is the continued addition of higher tiers of gear. Because of the way this system works, players anticipate that when a new tier comes out, it will only be BiS for the time being, and soon they will have to grind for another set. This expectation is reinforced from the devs as they continue to add new tiers with expansion/patches.

This is not the case at all with ascended gear. ANet came right out and said it. They stated that the reason for ascended was that exotic did not give players enough of a goal to work toward, and that they have no intention of adding another tier beyond ascended. The community response seems to stem from the fact that many players simply believe ANet is lying about their intentions and will be introducing another tier after ascended. So in essence, people have chosen to expect a new tier, based on zero evidence, and have created their own gear treadmill to whine about.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

8 power
.3% crit chance
0% crit damage

And 5% more base damage. You may have a point, but being selective about your statistics undermines it.

Like I said, if you can’t beat an opponent in WvW while you’re wearing slightly worse gear then you won’t beat them otherwise. 5% more base damage won’t win you any fights and if both opponents came down to 100hp then most likely they will both go down. Now it’s up to whoever has the best down state that determines who wins.

There’s too many factors in this game to have to worry about 5% more damage. People shouldn’t lose sleep over ascended gear.

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

If ascended gear got removed I for once would start to fully support Arena Net again. Reading through this thread I get the feeling I am not the only one.

But the thing is I do not mind ascended gear in PvE. I do mind it in PvP (WvW), the only place where it actually creates an imbalance.

First the terrible reward system forces players to zerg. It is at the moment the only way to get ascended rewards. Every other activity becomes punishing to a dedicated WvW player (most namely scouting, roaming and GvG). But it is these player driven activities that make a game stay interesting in the long run. The more room you give to players, the more entertaining the game becomes. Right now all you get is a shopping list (a recipe) and a schedule (time gated content). Both not exactly exciting, no matter what way you look at it.

Second the ascended gear adds to the never ending power creep (started with WXP ranks, than Bloodlust). Fighting in WvW became extremely dull over the past few months. No matter how much the stat difference gets downplayed, a halfway competent player in ascended gear will destroy a just as competent opponent in only exotics. You have to keep in mind that a player character is animated by a breathing, thinking being that knows exactly how it can overcome its opposition and gain the upper hand. It is not some wacky AI that complies to the same rules over and over again. Saying that upscaled or other tier gears exist is a void argument. You cannot excuse more imbalance with existing balance. That argument virtually cancels out the idea of improvement, which is fundamental to any human activity. If anything a game should reduce the gear difference over time, not increase it.

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

I don’t mind there being ascended gear, the stat boost is minimal.
It seems to me they wanted to try and have the best of both worlds.
Pleasing the grinders with something to aim for with a small benefit, and meanwhile try to keep people that don’t want to grind competitive.
And imo they did exactly this.

You don’t NEED to run this gear threadmill at all if you don’t feel like it.
If you feel like you really really need that small statboost that badly ,and want to deny it to anyone who actually wants to put in effort to get it because you can’t, then you are part of the problem unfortunately.
Let grinders have their 5%, what does it matter to you?

And no i’m not one of those grinders, all i have is some ascended trinkets from laurels, and i don’t care that other people have ascended weapons and soon ascended armor.
Exotics are fine and competitive.
One missed dodge has more influence in combat that the small statboost.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

(edited by Ironvos.9014)

Dark Catalyst.1028

8 power
.3% crit chance
0% crit damage

Oh really? If the supposed gains are so infitesmilly small, that why spend 100s of gold and ridiculous amounts of time grinding for mats? What does it matter if ascended is removed?

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I would be happy to see it removed completely,

Then have the infusion slots added into normal exotic items after a small upgrade (maybe like a bunch of the shards/globs/vials+some mats+exo trinket/weapon into the forge to produce a version with infusion slots)

Then return crafting back to 400,

And lastly, Refund all the players the materials/gold/laurels/everything else that was spent on any 401+ crafting, ascended trinkets and ascended weapons.

Pariah.8506

8 power
.3% crit chance
0% crit damage

Like I said, if you can’t beat an opponent in WvW while you’re wearing slightly worse gear then you won’t beat them otherwise. 5% more base damage won’t win you any fights and if both opponents came down to 100hp then most likely they will both go down. Now it’s up to whoever has the best down state that determines who wins.

There’s too many factors in this game to have to worry about 5% more damage. People shouldn’t lose sleep over ascended gear.

There are traits that increase the amount of damage done with a weapon by 5%, so apparently it matters if the development team put those numbers there way before Ascended.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The 3% of players who complain about ascended gear on the forums would ecstatic, 20% wouldn’t care, and everyone else would be really mad.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t really like vertical progression, but ascended gear just isn’t that bad. Working nonchalantly on these things since they’ve come out, I’ve already made them fully for all of my mains without spending any gold besides the required amounts (for inscriptions, thermocatalytic reagents, accessories, etc). I just harvest stuff I run across (that without ascended gear would be useless), and make things when I can. I’ve geared three characters fully in this manner with weapons, and have full 6/6 ascended trinkets on 8 characters so far.

As far as I’m concerned, since I hate all of the legendary skins in the game, it’s nice having something I can work at like ascended gear. I think I probably wouldn’t care either way if they removed it or kept it, but if nothing else I like the pink rarity more than orange, so I guess there’s that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Pariah.8506

The 3% of players who complain about ascended gear on the forums would ecstatic, 20% wouldn’t care, and everyone else would be really mad.

So 77% of the players have Ascended equipment?

May I ask your source on this information? Did you run a survey? Do you have access to inventory data?

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

I would love to see ascended gear changed in the following way:

1. Same stats as exotic, only difference is they have two upgrade slots (one for infusions, one for runes).

2. Defensive and offensive infusions removed from the game (materials / tokens refunded).

3. Idiotic number-grind mechanic (agony) removed from the game.

4. New infusions introduced that simply add a visual effect to the weapon or armour they are placed on (ex., fire / lightning / poison / smoke / frost / blood / etc.)

I think any competent player would gladly trade the slight stat advantage that ascended gear has (which you don’t really need, if you know how to play – and which just makes it harder for the developers to balance the game content) for the ability to customize the visual effects on his or her gear.

If only these forums allowed us to post polls…

- Al Zheimer

McSlappy.1372

Care to site a source for those stats? Doubt it.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Exotics aren’t all that cheap after the Ascended gear was introduced, which resulted in people salvaging them in massive numbers and the resulting inflation. Currently an exotic piece of armor costs around twice as much as before that update.

And honestly I find this quite comfortable. You can get full exotics on a character with a few days of farming (or a few weeks of casual play), which allows you to try out alternate builds or play in WvW without a disadvantage, but if you want to go all out you can still go for ascended gear which satisfies the no-lifers.

Everything is fine as it is right now. Ascended gear repaired the damage to the econemy that was caused by mass availablity of the best gear in the game (exotics), making them more valueable, while giving another carrot to chase as well.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

SHM.7628

So 77% of the players have Ascended equipment?

May I ask your source on this information? Did you run a survey? Do you have access to inventory data?

probably just thinks everyone else agrees so made up numbers to justify his opinion. Nonsense really. 90% of the player base probably wants ascended removed. I’ve come across very few who want ascended to stay.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

If Ascended Gear was reversed, you’d have an even larger group rushing to these forums screaming just like you are about their inclusion. The masses wanted vertical progression. The masses got what they wanted. I’m sorry it’s not what you wanted.

It’s never going away. Deal with it.

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

So what if Arena finally admit the mistake of Ascended Gears and decides to reverse their decision and remove the gears entirely?

I scoff at the idea that it was a mistake. I like it. It is a little extra something to strive for, without being necessary.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

McSlappy.1372

If Ascended Gear was reversed, you’d have an even larger group rushing to these forums screaming just like you are about their inclusion. The masses wanted vertical progression. The masses got what they wanted. I’m sorry it’s not what you wanted.

TBH this is probably true. The people that viewed this as a massive blunder and show of incompetence on ANets part have already left for better designed games.

Sirendor.1394

Proof? Nope. Not going to believe it then.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am not sure if that is true at all- just the people who have Ascended posting on this thread that they would like it gone too should be an indication.

In game I get the feeling that people are a bit baffled by why it is even there- the general feeling seems to be “I need what to craft this weapon? lol- yeah right”

Gunnar’s Hold

Sirendor.1394

In game I get the feeling that people are a bit baffled by why it is even there- the general feeling seems to be “I need what to craft this weapon? lol- yeah right”

I know really. xD Multiple people I know have resorted to destroying their bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments. I’m waiting to see if we’ll get some sort of way to sell them, cause I’m sure as hell not going to farm 940 gold so I can get one set of gear on one character.

I’d be fine if you let me sell each of these materials for 5-ish silver to some NPC (they’re ascended after all????).

SHM.7628

If Anet auto upgraded exotics to be on par with ascended (infusion slots and all) I think everyone (but a select few) would be happy. Ascended would then be skin items. Persue or craft them if you want.

I agree The hardcore need something to chase. Give them all the skins to chase they want. While your at it, How about giving them some good looking skins? I have not seen even one mindblowing skin in this game.

Sirendor.1394

I agree The hardcore need something to chase. Give them all the skins to chase they want. While your at it, How about giving them some good looking skins? I have not seen even one mindblowing skin in this game.

Well something to chase could be anything really. Doesn’t even need to be just skins, as long as it didn’t have an effect in PvP and isn’t necessary for most things in PvE.

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Why remove it? Just lower the stats so it’s equal to Exotic, but just with an infusion slot.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

Id be thrilled. Even if they removed ascended and put the infusion slot on exotic. Id be thrilled. They would have nearly completely won back my business. Id spend in the gemstore again, on day 1.

Me too.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief