What’re THE 5 things you love most about GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

1) Minimal gear treadmill. I wish I could say there was no gear treadmill in PvE, but at least there isn’t one in PvP and the one in PvE is very small compared to most games.

2) Solid combat mechanics. Moving and fighting in GW2 feels very solid and simply feels right. One of the main reasons I will never be able to get into Rift is because movement feels stiff, character movement looks awkward, and combat as a result just feels very lackluster.

3) GW2 showed me that cash shops can work. I was extremely skeptical about any sort of cash shop in an MMO until I got into GW2 and saw how the cash shop allowed for players to keep the game funded without being able to buy super gear that blows competition out of the water. However, a lot of that comes from the gear system in GW2 that doesn’t make gear rewards ridiculous like WoW and other similar MMOs.

4) Leveling doesn’t prevent grouping with friends. There is no ‘tagging’ of mobs and you can always join with a friend, regardless of their level, by the level scaling system. It’s really nice knowing that if I had a friend pick up GW2 tomorrow, we could play together instantly without me having to roll a new alt and keep up to his leveling pace.

5) PvP and the mists. I love that I can play a character of any profession in PvP instantly without having to spend tons of time leveling a new character and gearing them. Also, I love being able to try out new gear sets, runes, sigils, etc. without having to invest a ton of time farming for them. This makes finding a new build for PvP so much more enjoyable. I wish more games would have a PvP system like this.

Posted by: Jaed.9823

Jaed.9823

@klaash
The intention of this thread isn’t to air your grievances, but to celebrate your top 5 aspects of GW2 that you love :P

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

1) No trinity – I am not forced to play / look for a tank and healer any more, any other players are welcome except speed run which i will never join.

2) Level scaling – No more overpowered high level killing every mob, all map is fun for lv80

3) No mob tagging – No more kill stealing to me or other players

4) DE – I still enjoy these open world event even i got 7 lv80

5) Event scaling – most events are soloable and group events don’t REQUIRE a specific class or build to complete.

There are a lot more beyond the list….

Posted by: Yorgie B.5618

Yorgie B.5618

These are not in a particular order. All of these aspects combined is what makes Guild Wars 2 better than the original and my favorite game. Everything they talked about in the manifesto was exactly what I wanted and I’m glad they delivered.

1. No Holy Trinity – Everyone can play any role they want at any time which allows everyone to participate and have fun.

2. An open world with Boss/Dynamic Events that allow players to run around together and fight without a player limit. (Zergs are fun!)

3. World vs World – The combination of large scale PvE and PvP while adding objectives is an amazing part of the game. I’m glad it isn’t based on gear or level but on player skill and Commander strategy. The zerg vs zerg battles are crazy and fun.

4. The entire art/music design – ArenaNet has created a beautiful game visually and music that goes along with it helps complete the experience.

5. Combat – Combo attacks, dodges and moving while attacking. Skill capture is gone (thank goodness).

AMD FX-8350+Sapphire R9-290
Guild Wars Community member since 2005

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

In any order:

• The game looks great!
  • Some great dynamic event chains.
  • Loot for everyone.
  • Great sense of humor in the dialogues.
  • A combat system with great potential. It has the action part down, now the strategic part has to follow.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

No one likes the gearing? no?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: shadowsoul.2134

shadowsoul.2134

1: b2p with gems system
2: graphic/art
3: low vertical progression
4: WvW
5: recurring improvements and addings

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

1. My guild and Vabbi community
2. The combat: smooth, dynamic
3. Character creation
4. The ‘lore history’ (cause I love GW1) – story added in GW2 isn’t that good
5. The engineer class

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

1. Graphics (even tho it’s not one of the best but defiantly better than others)
2. Different Builds
3. max level in a couple of hours
4. empty servers/maps
5. unlimited block function

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

1. The World The graphics, musics and sounds create a superb athmosphere I absolutely love each time I log on. I love games, where you have more options to go to to level than a mere one map per level range. Though I don’t like every map I enjoy the fact, that different twinks can play/enjoy different content to level. There are (actually) five races with five absolutely different capitals. It is a great feeling to go there for a walk, though even I don’t like every city, they are still great and well done. The races don not only look different, the feel different which adds to the total.
2. The don’t fight it paradigma When I want to gather some resources, I do so. No fighting over a node, no race to the last spot on the map. You can just take your time and do so. Fighting and collecting bounty is right the same. Nobody complains, when you help fighting him not matter what. You can’t steal anything, you just play and anger nobody while attacking anything (with very few exceptions, but they are special)
3. The dynamic combat Never ever again will I be able to enjoy fast clicking numbers while my avatar stands rooted in a spot, waiting for the foe to die. Yes many things in GW2s combat system can be tweaked for the better, but the dynamics in really every type of the character classes, the limitless use of all skills while moving just got me. This is fun.
4. The love for details During the first half year of GW2 I encountered on a daily basis things that let me pause and wonder. Really. There are so many little pieces of love of a dev put into the game, stuff, that would never make it in most of the mainstream games, that I enjoy each time I see or hear it. Hidden caves, hidden stories, interesting talk of npcs, the writing on a special gravestone, name it, it is in the game. And today? When I ignore the race for some strange achievement and wander again, I still spot stings, I never encountered before though I played many chars up to lvl 80 and longer. Thank you!
5. The classes I enjoy every eight and can’t wait for new classes. They all play different. In other MMOs many classes are just different colored visions of the same stuff, but in GW2 there are not two classes similar. And you don’t even have to play them like the guy up there, or the girl down there. The options seem limitless, at least the are numerous. They could use some more skills/weapons/traits/features after more than a year now and some promises for this which will be hard to keep in 2013 But still, they are great and fit this beloved world greatly.

I also dislike many things, but that belongs to other threads. Though I am complaining in most of my posts in this forum I still love the game. I only play PvE. I rarely venture into the mists, do a dungeon or two during a month out of fun to play something with guildmates and don’t like fractals due to their RNG nature. I say this to show you that I don’t rush any content, don’t play PvP and I am still around since beta. Still, because of the five points listed. And yes I do play actively with more than 1500 hours up to now

Thank you.

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

1) i love the combat system (there is class balancing issues but the fluidity of combat is what i like)
2) Anet Art Team is one of kind (music, concept art, map design, etc)

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

1) Custom playlists
2) Engaging combat system and mechanics
3) Mostly horizontal progression
4) Exploring the world was an amazing experience while it lasted (I wish they would release more new maps)
5) Buy to play

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Well I guess I did the 5 bad things, so here’s 5 good ones.

1. The game is beautiful
- graphics on this game are amazing. The scenery is gorgeous and varied.

2. Combat
- combat in this game is fluid and intuitive. Classes are balanced and fun to play. PvE is relatively easy with all classes I’ve played.

3. Crafting, item bank, Inventory management in general
- GW2 is fantastic with the way you’re able to store items. Inventory is never a limiting factor for me, which is really great.

4. Waypoints

- So many MMO’s I’ve played have tried to make traveling a time sink in and of itself… it’s nice to have instant access to any spot in the world.

5. Potential

- I guess this is the biggie for me…. and it’s the reason I’m still playing. GW2 has built a foundation that is amazing. Great graphics, fun gameplay, good crafting and inventory mechanisms, intelligent and player friendly design… I could go on and on, but what it really comes down to is potential. If they can get their ducks in a row and create something enduring on top of the foundation they’ve laid, GW2 could be the greatest thing ever.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

There is no real reason why I like the things I like. I simply, you know, like them.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

- graphics are awesome!

- shared gathering nodes.

- you can move and attack.

- the ability to sell stuff on the bltc from anywhere.

- auto attack

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

1. The beauty of the world and artistry that made it that way. Divinity’s Reach and Hoelbrak are place I like to go just to look around.
2. B2P would have been #1 and was until I saw the world of Tyria.
3. They huge diversity of content that allows you to play as you like not as the game makes you play.
4. The constant new content, although I would prefer more permanent content than temporary.
5. Non competitive open PvE world which promotes player cooperation.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

1. Freedom of loot both in drops from mobs and nodes.
2. The over all art work and look of the game its not too cartoon but at the same time its not so super real that you have no room to make some cool looking things.
3. The free flowing combat its one of the most responsive mmorpg i seen in the lack of lock downs and rigidness or movement in both combat and out of combat and the ability to have jumps that effect the game play.
4. Freedom of skins where you can look nearly like any thing you want with out needing to have a set in stone gear set.
5. NO TRINITY i cant tell you how much i hate the old mmorpg system where ppl are locked into playing one roll and nothing more and where they NEED some one to fill in lack of skills or ability of others.

I could go on but over all its the freedom of play that makes GW2 above the rest.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

1) Jumping Puzzles

2) The Color System, even if it would be alot better, when it would be just finally account based and also usable onto Weapons

3) GW2 being based on a One Class-System

4) The Achievement System

5) Subscription Fee free

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

elementalist
the colours
that deep bass noise when tequatl appears
massive guilds don’t monopolise the content
holding down the right mouse button and pressing left and right as fast as i can, making the character do a funny mentalist dance (best with norn)

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

1. The artistry – the awesome landscapes, weather, and details everywhere.
2. The customizations for each character – choosing all their features, then their storylines, creating a unique persona.
3. Dynamic events – the ability to join in any time or not without ever being required to complete them.
4. Player cooperation – not worrying about taking something away from someone else, hopping in and helping kill a mob, or partying for events
5. Two week releases – always having something new to look forward to doing.

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

B2P
Art style
Jumping puzzles
Lore (not story, there’s a difference)

Nobody since November last year.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

1. B2P.
2. Cosmetic customisation options. Though we can use more options below lvl 80, at the moment you only really get to change looks at 80.
3. Build diversity, removal of traditional resources in preference to original ones per class.
4. Cooperative, not competitive PvE gameplay.
5. Art – animations, environment etc. The biggest reward for map exploration to me is the scenery and Vistas.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Also: The Sanctum Sprint!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

B2P
Art style
Jumping puzzles
Lore (not story, there’s a difference)

Nobody since November last year.

Only 5 things per person so lesser things like items are not listed by most ppl. GW2 is not the sum of its items no mmorpgs should be this way.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Bloodwork.1572

Bloodwork.1572

1. Music
2. Some of the art design, especially 2D concept-like stuff
3. A breather from Holy Trinity
4. Jumping Puzzles
5. ?

Posted by: Lilius.9850

Lilius.9850

MMO forums are always a pool of tears.
But here are mine:

1. Content+reward scaling – simply the best feature any MMO can offer.
All content is relavent. I can be level 70 and go to a level 5 area, level up and actually have a decent chance of getting loot appropriate to my level.
I cannot express how much I hated it in WoW when there was a zone I wanted to go and experience, but had absolutely no reason to do so because once you outlevel a zone there is no reason to go back.
To put this into perspective, there are currently about 11 starting zones in WoW, but once you outlevel one of them you will never go to any other of them. That’s a kittenton of time, money and resources spent on content you will never experience, unless you level up an alt.

2. Structured PvP – exactly how PvP should be done. Everyone is max level, has all abilities unlocked and has best-in-slot gear immidiately. And throw in a sense of progression via ranks, skins and finishers and you’ve got an unlimited amount of fun.

3. Freedom – being able to do whatever I want in order to progress my character is phenomenal. I can level up by questing, exploring, crafting and PvP’ing.

4. Attention to detail – the art/enviromental team in GWII is ridiculously talented.
They put details into EVERYTHING. Just to give a few examples: your character’s pose changes depending on the enviroment. When you run through grass it moves according to your character. Leaves on trees move as if there is wind. Sounds change depending on everything – if you walk through shallow water it will sound like shallow water,

5. Character creation – the character creation is mind blowing.
So many body types, sliders for everything, so many skin colours, tattos, fur patterns etc.
You can actually use most faces and make at least two completely different characters if you customize it right.
I am a bit put off of Wildstar because the character creation lacks.
No body types, no height slider, hardly any skin colours and no lenght sliders for stuff like ears, horns etc.
Obviously it isn’t even in open beta yet, but it seems like there won’t be any of this.

ArenaNet would make good money if they made a race change kit. Heck, if I told you how many times I race changed in WoW you would call me crazy.

If these 5 points are what you truly love about gw2, you should really try elder scrolls online when it comes out.

Posted by: Sophiera.1209

Sophiera.1209

I like the lack of subscription fee. Both from the perspective of not eating away at my money, and for alleviating the pressure it puts on you. Play whenever you want… That’s good.

Same here. Subscription fee burns especially with bad exchange rates.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

1. It’s Buy to Play. I play multiple games and no subscription fee means if another game has caught my attention, I don’t feel like I’m wasting money. Not to mention if it was subscription based, I wouldn’t be able to play as I don’t have the money to buy a subscription.

2. No node/kill stealing is possible. I don’t kill fast and I don’t want to have to race to a gather node to hope someone else doesn’t get to it before I do.

3. Jumping Puzzles.

4. I get experience for doing most anything. So that I don’t have to do just one thing to level up. I have options.

5. I like that a vast majority of the game can be soloed do the scaling that is done. So that I don’t always have to get a group to go do something. I’m a squishy elementalist and I’m no where near the best player in the game. But I’ve for the most part soloed the 92% map exploration of Malachor’s Leap. I’ve got 3 skill points that I need assistance with and I managed to avoid 2 POI’s while going around the map. And of total Map Completion, I’ve gotten most of my 80% map completion solo.

Posted by: FinalRenegade.7130

FinalRenegade.7130

1.Ambient graphics, and the EXTREMELY LARGE WORLD MAP
2.Gameplay (both pvp, wvw, pve)
3.Artwork for equipment and characters
4.END GAME CONTENT (goals to achieve)
5.0 subscription fees (and a useful gem shop for goodies like permanent resource collectors)

Melee is the only road to me

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

1) No sub fee.
2) I think the cash shop in GW2 is done very well.
3) Art

Sorry, can’t really come up with a 4 and 5.

Posted by: Unibot.5916

Unibot.5916

1) NOTHING
2) NOTHING
3) NOTHING
4) NOTHING
5) STOR… SORRY, HERE GOES “NOTHING” AS WELL.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

1) NOTHING
2) NOTHING
3) NOTHING
4) NOTHING
5) STOR… SORRY, HERE GOES “NOTHING” AS WELL.

So why did you respond to this post? The OP asked for things you loved about the game. Surely you can’t hate the game as you’re here on the forums or at least you don’t want to hate it. I dare you to find something positive you like about the game. Even if there is a but to it.

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

The uninstalling speed. really well done. great job arena net

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

1. Female charr. It’s nice to play a female character and never have to worry about chainmail bikinis. For the first time, I can have a character of my own sex and feel empowered instead of degraded.
2. WvW. This one actually surprised me—I never imagined I would like or be interested in WvW, but now I play it far more then anything else.
3. Being able to play multiple races. This is what got me interested in Guild Wars 2 to begin with
4. The female-human goth face. Because I can make a character look like a descendant of the Kurzick people from Guild Wars 1
5. Being able to see what’s become of Ascalon. In GW1, I always wanted to see Ascalon as it recovered from the searing—what the land would look like once it healed. And now I know!

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

I " loved " snakes, RIP SNAKES 2013 #NEVERFORGET

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

1) No sub. fee.
2) Easy to level up.
3) The precursor i never got.
4) Sanctum Sprint
5) Fractal concept(not realisation)

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

1) The active combat system
2) Boon stacking
3) Combo fields/finishers
4) Jumping puzzles
5) Town clothes & minigames

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

1. The ability to go do something else. Before you think “troll,” hear me out. I can drop the game and go play with my granddaughter, or see a movie, or go on vacation, or take a 6 month hiatus, or anything else, and come back to basically the same game as I left, and not have to worry about whether or not I can still play.

2. Dodge mechanic. Yes, I know how to dodge. I like that you actually have a chance of avoiding that one-shot boss.

3. The World!!! As everyone pretty much agrees the world is absolutely beautiful… with the exception of Orr, but that’s my personal taste. I think Orr looks like someone left an aquarium in the garage for ten years. Otherwise, the only thing missing is a true desert-style zone.

4. The ability to do what you want in-game. Gear grind? Only if I want to. WvW? only if I want to. Dungeons? only if I want to… you get the idea. There is no bit of content in the game that is absolutely required in order to do any other content (except for leveling, of course.) If you want to start Fractals, you don’t have to go to (X) and talk to (Y) and complete dungeon (Z) in order to do it.

5. Cooperative events. I am not talking about Events (capital E) I am talking about everything in the game. I have played so many games where a group would get ready for a specific Event and some kitten would come through the zone and tag the most important boss so that your group got no credit/rewards. I am absolutely thrilled that anyone can participate and everyone involved in an event gets rewarded. Yes, there could be some tweaking to that in order to make it something other than a DPS fest, but I have been a lowbie and come across a champ fight (not the train in Q’dale) and gotten in a hit or two before it died and got the bronze reward. I still got something for my trouble.

The thing is that there is a whole list of things I like about the game, but you only asked for 5, so these are the most important to me.

Level 80 Elementalist

(edited by Ashabhi.1365)

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

1. The art design
I like how designers can capture the Renaissance feel even when designing character gears. Every piece of armor and weapon in this game is delicate, and there is the freedom of choice between high-fantasy/sexy armors and realistic ones.

2. Instant lvl80 in PvP
This is just beautiful. I PvP a lot and it feels great that I can create any amount of new character and have them jump right into the action without needing to level all way through PvE like we did in most MMOs

3. No subs
Enough said.

4. Lore
Well written, especially the way charr and norn are brought into GW2. Although I do wish the living story/whatever new contents would focus more established lore rather than creating new ones

5. Skins
I. Love. Skins. Aye, love, LOVE THEM!
It’s why I keep coming back to play PvP, despite its single mode. I just need to rank up so I can collect new skins. And feel fresh.

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

1. The personal loot system – need before greed? /rand to decide who gets the loot? NFW

2. It’s accessibility – the fact that you can decide what to do and just do it within 5 mins, no 40 min lfg queue no travelling 30 mins over the map. With the exception of fractals I can just pick up and play anything with an hour of my time

3. B2P – no subscription (yet I’ve spent about the same anyway) but gives you the choice to use real money to get to your goal faster. I admit at least a quarter of my gems are bought just as a Del Boy get rich quick scheme, I.e. Buying and reselling limited time items

4. That MMO addiction. I can’t finish games like the last of us anymore because I know it will just last a few days then go and gather dust. I need to know my time spent is on something long term and massive.

5. Ease of customisation. Apart from race you can completely redo your characters looks fairly easily via TP, trans stones and makeover kits

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

1. The World. The people who crafted the zones are truly artists and set the bar for me on what an MMO world should look like. I love exploring it and the level scaling helps extend the game’s shelf life past 80.

2. Quality of Life UI – the wallet, the deposit collectibles, all of it is masterfully done.

3. The Guardian. It’s just a fun class, one of my favorites in any game.

4. Jumping puzzles.

5. No monthly fee. I’m happy to buy a game, but I don’t always want to pay to play. I love taking a break and then coming back.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

1) The environment art and all of the amazing toons people come up with
2) No linearity, it’s one big flipping sandbox, I can do whatever I want
3) WvW
4) The thrill of soloing a champion
5) The ability to create a completely unique character instead of settling for presets

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Not 5 but just 1 atm

1) The fact I’m not actually playing it.

I’ll explain that.

After leaving GW2 earlier in the year and playing a couple of other MMOs one of which was WoW. I finally gave up on WoW because of the totally pointless gear/rep/achievement grind.

The one thing that makes me not want to reinstall this game atm is the fact that this game has also gone the way of the grind.

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

1) Grinding

2) Farming

3) Carrot Chasing

4) Lack of game direction

5) Queensdale champ train community

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Kalgert.5681

Kalgert.5681

Well what I personally like is this:

1) The combat, some classes feel really fluid, some are just really fun to play, that and I am actually active without sitting back and play the game one-handedly, only rarely getting out of an AoE spot

2) Questing isn’t boring, sure some quests may not be very interesting, but the delivery method is fun, like having the choice of either killing, doing something or collecting things, everything contributes to a quest

3) Exploration is worthwhile, while in games like WoW, the world feels either…Bland/dead or there isn’t a real good reason to explore at all

4) Lack of raiding and story-driven dungeons, I enjoy going to a dungeon since they have some short and good cutscenes that you don’t really get bored of watching, I tried playing SWTOR and I was just skipping most of the cutscenes…I guess in GW2, I just like the background being an artistic piece of art while two characters are bickering about with each other infront of it

5) DYES! I love the Dyes that you can switch on the fly and customize yourself, it’s something I have always wanted, some MMO’s I see that they do have a Dye system but it feels somewhat limited or are just not very good, GW2 does it right in that respect.

So that is my 5 top things…BUUUUUUUUT…When there is good, there has to be a negative, right? I will just add the negatives too if I may.

1) WvW and SPvP, I don’t know why I don’t enjoy them, maybe it’s just me being bad in MMO PvP since the dawn of time, but I either always get myself trampled by a moshpit of Warriors and Thieves and everything stabbing me or smashing me with a hammer, or it’s also this that in WvW my Framerate turns to smelly cheese…I have a pretty poor computer, but I can still run group events quite well, only with some medium-sized lagging, otherwise, most of the time it’s smooth or tiny lags, SPvP I am just annoyed with my team and getting moshpitted by a large group of foes (I notice I usually get in a team where they fight and don’t really bother to either defend or capture)

2) The elitism involving LFG, sure you will always find jerks in your playing, but it’s really silly when you encounter groups of level 80’s kicking you out of Ascalonian Catacombs when you want to do your daily story, or also demand 5k AP or some of that nonsense (I heard it’s abusing the LFG system if you demand and arbitrary number of AP to be allowed to play)

I would add a few more reasons but I can’t really think of any, so the good outweighs the negatives..But I think the idea of WvW and SPvP and also not liking the LFG to be big reasons, so I am not sure if good wins..Maybe somewhere in the middle grounds since..I kind of hate a big piece of the game

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

1. The world is not instanced.
2. The art is beautiful.
3. No Subscription fees
4. I can play as other races besides Human
5. I can be social or not, it doesn’t matter.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

Resource nodes belong to me, no worry about bots cleaning out all the resources like every other mmorpg

Join in on a mob someone else is fighting, does not hurt the person you are helping and you also get credit/drops

Being able to go to a lower level zone to play with friends with lower level toons and not punishing them or myself

PvP is scenario or WvW and not the open world ganking of low levels, and you can compete in sPvP right at level 1

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

1. Animation
  2. Art style
  3. Attention to detail (seriously, your feet change position to the angle of the ground)
  4. Level Scaling
  5. Cooking discoveries

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

oh … never thought about that.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

1) The combat – it has a very visceral feel, doesn’t feel like I’m playing a spreadsheet. The sheer quality and quantity of animations adds to the experience.

2) The art style – most gorgeous MMO I’ve ever played.

3) The open world – love the head out in any direction, do anything you want exploration aspect. Not linear.

4) The community – hands down the best community I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing with.

5) I can play PvP immediately with the highest rated builds and gear on any class I want to, there’s no ilvl requirements for dungeons or any other content. No weekly lockouts. The game respects both my skill and my time.