When will Super Adventure Box [SAB] return?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

In April ‘13 we were introduced to an extremely fun side game known as Super Adventure Box. 5 months later, SAB returned with World 2 and the rather difficult Tribulation Mode. Now, 11 months after the last release of SAB I find myself watching Youtube videos and reminiscing on all the great time’s I had with friends in the SAB. As of the last release, it seemed as though there were 4 Worlds in total, making me think we are not yet done with the SAB. What do you think? I suspect that if we don’t see SAB return within the next 2 months it won’t be until 2015 that it might appear again due to the usual holiday events of the Mad King and Wintersday, October – January. I sincerely hope that even though Anet has been busy with LS1 and now LS2 there is still a small team plugging away at Super Adventure Box World 3.

So Anet, the question is will SAB return? A simple “yes” or “no” will do and if the answer is yes I won’t be upset about some sort of timeline either.

For those of you who have forgotten or joined the game in the last year and were not able to experience the awesomeness of SAB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-AluYe57Y4

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I have always wondered why did SAB not remain a permanent content. It seemed like the optimal choice to be.

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

there should be 4 days per month when sab opens and you can play and have week sab achis like speedrun this or that on turb mode in 20 min etc

SlackerATC.5934

I have always wondered why did SAB not remain a permanent content. It seemed like the optimal choice to be.

I actually didn’t mind the temporary status of SAB, it made it more exciting when it came out a 2nd time. 5 months after W2, I started getting excited again expecting W3 to show, but no luck. Then again in April which was the 1 year mark from the first release, no luck. Now as we near September, 1 year from the 2nd release, I’m hoping for good luck!

SlackerATC.5934

there should be 4 days per month when sab opens and you can play and have week sab achis like speedrun this or that on turb mode in 20 min etc

I wouldn’t be opposed to opening up the old worlds again with a few new achievements either. Good idea. Simple to implement in the meantime while they CONTINUE TO WORK ON WORLD 3 (pretty please).

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I hope it comes back. Otherwise I feel cheated with my infinite lives coin.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

SlackerATC.5934

I hope it comes back. Otherwise I feel cheated with my infinite lives coin.

That’s a good point. While I personally felt I needed that coin just to make it through W2 and Trib Mode achievements, I also bought it on the assumption that I would be able to use it in the future on Worlds 3 and 4.

SlackerATC.5934

I would also assume that since the SAB still exist, though not playable, in Rata Sum, there is plans for a comeback.

Posted by: ZorkroZ.3514

ZorkroZ.3514

A return of the SAB, even without new content, would make an easy event and a great part of the community would enjoy it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m sure it would keep those who want every skin pretty busy.

SlackerATC.5934

I’m sure it would keep those who want every skin pretty busy.

16 weapons (I don’t think they ever came out with underwater SAB weapons) x 3 color choices = 48 skins. I’m not one of those people though. I do enjoy standing someplace crowded and quickly changing my GS between the 3 colors. Looks like a flashing neon sign

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Yeah this is driving me insane, it’s been almost a year and its still not back

anet plz T_T

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Hopefully never again…. Lore breaking as kitten and by far the worst amd missplaced patches ever

Kima & Co

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I WANT THE SAB BACK RIGHT MEOW MEOW

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Hopefully never again…. Lore breaking as kitten and by far the worst amd missplaced patches ever

1. Not lore breaking.

2. Your opinion that it’s “by far the worst.” Not my opinion.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I would be perfectly fine with it never coming back. Did not like it the first time, even though I did give it try, second time I didn’t even bother trying. In my opinion the weapons are terribly ugly and the less I see of them the better.

But all that is my opinion, and from what I can tell those that are with me on it, are the minority here, so I can see it making a return eventually and although I wont bother with it and would much, much rather see something else, I am not going to be on here complaining about it.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Living story will be paused after the 4th release and guess what time is that… end of august, meaning Guild Wars 2’s anniversary.

The Living story patch-skip means Anet is releasing something else for the 2 years anniversary so the possiblity of SAB returning is quite big by this point.

Posted by: Timothy.7204

Timothy.7204

I totally agree. Its bad enough that the entire game is jumping jumping and more jumping. Someone is obsessed with it.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I don’t understand anyone who is opposed to SAB. It’s not like you have to complete it in order to access your bank or traits or anything… it’s just a part of the game. It’s like… like… objecting to the mere existence of… well, anything in game. The crab toss. Dredgehaunt Cliffs. Vizier’s Tower. Sapphire dye. Belcher’s Bluff. 5 karma vendors who all sell the same stuff standing next to one another. Copper ore. Salvage kits. I don’t see anyone raging about the fact that these things exist in a persistent fashion in the game. What is it about SAB that evokes responses like this? There is literally no reason you have to even think about doing SAB if you don’t want to.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

SlackerATC.5934

Living story will be paused after the 4th release and guess what time is that… end of august, meaning Guild Wars 2’s anniversary.

The Living story patch-skip means Anet is releasing something else for the 2 years anniversary so the possiblity of SAB returning is quite big by this point.

I had not yet heard of this ‘pause’ after the 4th release. I can only hope it’s true and that SAB will return!

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Please bring back SAB! It was one of the most interesting concepts GW2 has brought forth that MANY people enjoyed. Almost every day we have a post wondering when this is going to return.

It was such wonderful and challenging content. It wasn’t content that allowed you to press 1 and afk or stack against wall here and AOE there. Now that is boring. Please bring back SAB!

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Arena Net must add Super Adventure Box as a permanent Dungeon and on Looking For Group Tool.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Mind sourcing that? I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but I want to see where ANet said it before I start speculating.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Not really my thing, but hope the people who like it get it back.

Posted by: Eglesia.5049

Eglesia.5049

Any content, whether old or new, would be better than what we have now. (Nothing)

The current LS, from what I have played, is not all that attractive. They still use the, “NPC’s are smart, you dumb” concept. Being able to guess(and be right about) quite a few instances does not help.

WvW seems to be dead – (“We are working on stuff, just can’t tell you about any of it”). With the up most respect: Words are just words, unless there is some evidence to back them up. Granted, I stopped playing after the first LS. Came back on a few weeks ago and my entire server shrank(SOR).

I love jumping and puzzles, so SAB would be my cup o’tea. I still have wigs, dresses and tiara’s from last time. :-)

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Perhaps it could be suggested that a rotation of content very frequently be offered for gamer amusement. Each weekend could have a specific content event. Anticipation for a favorite event coming soon, and returning not to distantly, might be what the game needs for those who enjoy such frequent novelties as SAB.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: SSGroguey.5841

SSGroguey.5841

I’m thinking, hoping, SAB will return during the LS2 break for Sept.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Hopefully never.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Mind sourcing that? I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but I want to see where ANet said it before I start speculating.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/22/guild-wars-2-trailer-teases-the-dragons-reach-part-1/

‘’The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1 will be the penultimate fortnightly Season 2 release before the Living World goes on a mid-season break.’’

There is a low possiblity that a site like Pcgamer would come up with such a statement outta the blue since it seems so specific.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I just got 5 continue coins from opening one of the LS reward bags (which caught me completely off guard). I’m hoping this means it will be here soon.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

I just got 5 continue coins from opening one of the LS reward bags (which caught me completely off guard). I’m hoping this means it will be here soon.

0_0

(0_(0
0)_0)

/sits down, pulls out lucky SAB infinite coin and hopes…. T_T

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Pics, or it didn’t happen.

Heck, pics and I still won’t believe it XD but I have to admit, with the midseason break coming soon, this would be a good time to insert it.

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I actually didn’t mind the temporary status of SAB, it made it more exciting when it came out a 2nd time. 5 months after W2, I started getting excited again expecting W3 to show, but no luck. Then again in April which was the 1 year mark from the first release, no luck. Now as we near September, 1 year from the 2nd release, I’m hoping for good luck!

I just hope it stays permanent either when they release world 3 or when the side game is considered complete. It probably wont be a place where people will spend a lot of time (like when it comes out), but I could see myself wasting time in there just because its fun.

Sariel V.7024

Actually, I’m going to revise that…

The monkey king item we just received is a real anomaly. Sure, this could be a tribute to the new servers being opened in China, but for that they would pick something more universally known. Like the panda mini. Saiyuki isn’t a story with much renown in the west, even if it is one of the classics of Chinese literature, and with the intervening gap of a few months, the timing is now completely off.

So why are we receiving a tribute to a poorly known fantasy story from the old kingdom? Unless it’s a reference to something else. At best, the only thing we have in-game that connects to it are grawl. But in SAB, there is a hierarchy of enemies in simian form. And SAB is supposed to be based on Cantha (or one asura’s misconceptions thereof).

Makes ya think.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

because we don’t have it all the time, we want it more.

I feel like a big reason it hasn’t come back is because they want to give it a story. world 1 was awesome because it was just “here’s a stick, go save the princess that was kidnapped for no reason”. but then they added conspiracy theories and plot and betrayal and influence and stuff surrounding moto the creator. SAB doesn’t need that, that’s not what makes it great. just give us another jumping puzzle world similar to the others but different theme and harder with new items (like a whip upgrade that lets us swing on vines). that’s what we want out of SAB – pointless adventure. it doesn’t need fluff. you don’t need to be working on fluff.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

This will not be a cherished opinion for those of you who love SAB but…

Proposal
I would appreciate that No more development time be spent on SAB.

Reasoning
Granted as a April Fools first release I agree it was nicely conceived but as it was not my desire to play in it except for some Achievement Points, I was glad when it went away at the end of April.

Then it reared it’s head again in September and I was displeased to see more Dev time had been spent on SAB. I did not do any of the achievements in the September release because of this. Then it went away again and all was right in my little world.

Just the thought of it maybe coming back again would sadden me. I did not buy GW2 to play an 8bit game. So if SAB never had another Dev minute dedicated to it, I would be just fine.

Now, I know this is just my personal opinion and I may be in the minority on this, maybe not. Whose to say but ANet.

Consulation
If ANet does decide to bring SAB back, I would say bring it back permanently in its present last release form from September and be done with it. That way the SAB people are sated and those of us who have no interest in it do not have to bother with it or endure yet another month of lost content.

/Yalora ducks for cover

Edited: to add a link to an attempt at humor that I wrote directly before April Fools day this year.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Super-Adventure-Box-An-Alternate-Reality/first#post3815167

(edited by Yalora Istairiea.6287)

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

This will not be a cherished opinion for those of you who love SAB but…

Proposal
I would appreciate that No more development time be spent on SAB.

Reasoning
Granted as a April Fools first release I agree it was nicely conceived but as it was not my desire to play in it except for some Achievement Points, I was glad when it went away at the end of April.

Then it reared it’s head again in September and I was displeased to see more Dev time had been spent on SAB. I did not do any of the achievements in the September release because of this. Then it went away again and all was right in my little world.

Just the thought of it maybe coming back again would sadden me. I did not buy GW2 to play an 8bit game. So if SAB never had another Dev minute dedicated to it, I would be just fine.

Now, I know this is just my personal opinion and I may be in the minority on this, maybe not. Whose to say but ANet.

Consulation
If ANet does decide to bring SAB back, I would say bring it back permanently in its present last release form from September and be done with it. That way the SAB people are sated and those of us who have no interest in it do not have to bother with it or endure yet another month of lost content.

/Yalora ducks for cover

xD

It’s okay, I put my 8-bit shotgun away – promise.

I adore SAB, but I would be fine if they didn’t use it in place of LS content. I like that SAB is it’s own thing and I think it should stay that way. I’d like to be able to hop in whenever I want, work on some hard mode, work on collecting some skins, and dance around in my asura’s rainbow armor set. I want to see it expanded upon and become a nice polished finished piece. Maybe in the future add more.

But not be put in place of other content for a month.

In my dream world SAB would have it’s own team to expand off of it and add bits every 6 months or so. Maybe eventually build an armor set or something for those who go through hell mode. Maybe an 8-bit whip toy to use in the rest of the game or for costume brawls.

Actually, can I have an 8-bit whip toy to use in costume brawls? PLEASE?!

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

I would be happy if they brought back the SAB for another month or so, but if it doesn’t happen then I really don’t care either way. If it will happen, it will happen. SAB’s so far in the past for me that if they announced world 3 now I would only be slightly happy. I wouldn’t be ecstatic at all. Not because it’s bad, but because long waits can cause things to lose their charm, at least for me.

As for when it is coming back, who knows. When ArenaNet says it’s coming back, I suppose.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Heck, pics and I still won’t believe it XD but I have to admit, with the midseason break coming soon, this would be a good time to insert it.

Wow, I forgot my audience. I didn’t take pics and even if I did what would stop somebody from saying they weren’t in my inventory to begin with? In any case, frankly I don’t care. Believe me or don’t, doesn’t bother me. I was simply contributing to the conversation with my own experience as I thought it a very odd drop when I opened the bag from the LS.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Sariel V.7024

Wow, I forgot my audience. I didn’t take pics and even if I did what would stop somebody from saying they weren’t in my inventory to begin with? In any case, frankly I don’t care. Believe me or don’t, doesn’t bother me. I was simply contributing to the conversation with my own experience as I thought it a very odd drop when I opened the bag from the LS.

Relax, I was just ribbing. ;D

Still, I remain incredulous, but hopeful

Posted by: NinjaRobot.4635

NinjaRobot.4635

It will be back for sure. My guess is after s3 wvw

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

I never got the chance to play SAB or a lot of fun content as I started playing Feb this year. I’m entirely hopefully they bring back SAB and allow players that missed out on LS S1 a chance to do so.

I don’t even care if they sell it for 200 gems an episode or whatever. I mean its already created content so why not expand the game with it and thicken the pockets at the same time???

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

As long as they don’t stick to how level 2 was designed….so long….barely any baubles…ugh…

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

As long as they don’t stick to how level 2 was designed….so long….barely any baubles…ugh…

It wasn’t that long but hopefully the rewards are better.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

The game itself is lore breaking…Maybe you meant “immersion breaking”.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I would like to see it up full time. Its one of the QOL i would pick.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

when josh foreman (et al) is allowed to work on it instead of new maps like dry top… thats when well get more SAB.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

WE WANT SAB! WE WANT SAB! WE WANT SAB! (CROWD ROARING CHEERS)

Posted by: Domlek.7918

Domlek.7918

WE WANT SAB! WE WANT SAB! WE WANT SAB! WE WANT SAAAAAAB!!!!!!!

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

The SAB is still here, but I dont think they have the manpower anymore to modify the npc text option to allow us to enter.