When will the patch go live?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

it can be anywhere from 30 minutes from now to 5 hours and 30 minutes from now. My clock at the moment says 17:21. Patches most commonly hit for me at 18:00 or 21:00, but once or twice it was at 23:00

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

The biggest problem is a lack of patch notes which they could release right this second, or in the case of other patches, a lack of a release page.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

There is more than 15 hours to get the free charges:

To get you started with this new system, we’re giving away five free Transmutation Charges per account to everyone who logs in between the launch of the Feature Pack and 11:59 p.m. PT Wednesday, April 16!

There is well over 24 hours left.

The Burninator

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

I’m armed with brownies and sheer determination it’s 2:30am, bring it.

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

im mor ejust miffed cos they have given me a reason to have so sit infront of the computer waiting for this update before i can go anywhere :p

NO, they have not.
You are doing that to yourself. You know the cut-off for the free trans charges is still 15 hours away. Go do something for 10 hours and you still have 5 left to login.
Noone is making you sit there and wait except you.

Just wanted to mention that it is actually 38 hours and 26 minutes away; 11:59pm PDT April 16th.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Usually Wednesdays.

They said 3/15/14 – and usually 12:00 PM PST USA time.

I don’t remember the Patch being last month!?!?!

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

im mor ejust miffed cos they have given me a reason to have so sit infront of the computer waiting for this update before i can go anywhere :p

NO, they have not.
You are doing that to yourself. You know the cut-off for the free trans charges is still 15 hours away. Go do something for 10 hours and you still have 5 left to login.

Just wanted to mention that it is actually 26 hours and 26 minutes away; 11:59am PDT April 16th.

4/20 has not eluded us!

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

NO, they have not.

15 hours you say? I never realised, i thought it was in about 6 hours. hah, well, off i go

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

Yes, it is an issue. BECAUSE THEY ONLY HAND OUT CHARGES FOR THIS DAY.

I have all the time in the world today, thank god. But alot of players might miss out on the free charges if they plan to bullkitten us with postponing update patch as long as possible.

Don’t announce that kitten if you know the patch might not be ready when promised.

my 2c’s

It’s like a cloth company telling guests to show up during a catwalk show and have a free shirt. then they delay the catwalk to the next day. thats bad advertising..

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

About an hour from the first post is when I typically get the patches (1 pm eastern)

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I’m armed with brownies and sheer determination it’s 2:30am, bring it.

^^empires are forged from such stuff as this

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Android phone + Jump Desktop (remote desktop) app = Patch game while at work…

AAAAAAWWWWW YYYYYEEEAAAHHH

Posted by: nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

I’m here as well to do some crying, can’t wait for the patch, please release?

About an hour from the first post is when I typically get the patches (1 pm eastern)

You’re saying we get THE PATCH in 30 minutes?

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

WTB patch notes

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

It’s like a cloth company telling guests to show up during a catwalk show and have a free shirt. then they delay the catwalk to the next day. thats bad advertising..

No, it’s like a cloth company telling guests to show up during a catwalk show and have a free shirt. but the guests not realizing that they have to adjust their watches to the time zone of the location where the show takes place, and get mad because they arrive 8 hours early, and believe the show is 8 hours late.

Add to this the difference that ArenaNet NEVER posts an exact patch time exactly because the exact moment of the patch depends on unpredictable and technical issues that they want to protect us from.

StinVec.3621

I have all the time in the world today, thank god. But alot of players might miss out on the free charges if they plan to bullkitten us with postponing update patch as long as possible.

Don’t announce that kitten if you know the patch might not be ready when promised.

my 2c’s

You could spend 25 minutes in-game, right now, and get 15 transmutation stones for free, which will make 5 transmutation charges. Sit here for another half hour and you could already have more than the 5 free charges they are giving away. They’re not that major of a thing to get worked up about…

JustTrogdor.7892

my 2c’s

You have until 11:59 PM April 16th Anet time to get your charges. That is well over 24 hours from now. Actually it is more than 36 hours from now:

To get you started with this new system, we’re giving away five free Transmutation Charges per account to everyone who logs in between the launch of the Feature Pack and 11:59 p.m. PT Wednesday, April 16!

Even if they launched it at 11:59 PM tonight their time you would still have 24 hours.

So what ever 11:59 PM Pacific Time U.S. on the 16th of April in your timezone is your cutoff time. That is 1 minute before midnight on the 16th Pacific Time U.S.

Google “time in Washington state” if you want to keep up on the time there.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Patch got cancelled

Not sure why but I read that in a Forest Gump Seats taken style.

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

NO, they have not.

Just wanted to mention that it is actually 26 hours and 26 minutes away; 11:59am PDT April 16th.

It’s actually almost 38.5 hours away because it’s 11:59 PM PDT, not 11:59 AM.

StinVec.3621

NO, they have not.

It’s actually almost 38.5 hours away because it’s 11:59 PM PDT, not 11:59 AM.

Incorrect, it is 11:59 AM PDT April 16th…not PM.

edit
Nevermind…they stealth edited the post to be PM instead of AM. This is why there is so much confusion. It used to say AM.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/log-in-tomorrow-for-free-transmutation-charges

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Lankybrit.4598

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Usually around this time or a couple hours from now or so.

Don’t get excited though, something could always go wrong and it wont be until later in the evening.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I liked how in GW1 all patches came out Noon PST

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Mfw waiting for the patch

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

…. is we have to wait until they get to work for the patch to launch! What is this sleep stuff?! <3 Equally woeful is being an eastcoaster and that silly time difference…. thing. IS EVERYONE ELSE EXCITED?!?! SQUEE!

/bounces around while also occasionally checking the time to leave for that strange paycheck related business

<3<3<3

(Thank you anet, can’t wait for paaatch! /sugar)

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it’s surely annoying, the patch is gonna hit around 21:00 and i am home at 17:00 >_<
i can understand the time difference and can’t really blame them, it’s just something that makes me a bit impatient the moment i am home.

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

tsk tsk tsk ~ you should have been counting quaggan and making the “ooo” sound after every one, it always works.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

One-coo…
TwooOOOoo…..
Three-oo….
/dreams of baby quaggan

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

lol…. exactly like this

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

JustTrogdor.7892

it’s surely annoying, the patch is gonna hit around 21:00 and i am home at 17:00 >_<
i can understand the time difference and can’t really blame them, it’s just something that makes me a bit impatient the moment i am home.

Make yourself a nice dinner, call some friends or family you haven’t talked to in some time, catch up on that book you got for Christmas and have been meaning to read, or whatever, you get the point. Then the patch will be there before you know it.

The Burninator

Posted by: Fury.6281

Fury.6281

People need to stop worrying about the free charges. Anet stated that they will remain free until Wednesday at 11:59 PM PST. What does that mean? That the time stated is 38 hours away from this time of posting… So calm down.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

This is getting like the forum equivalent of waiting for a champ

/dance

Lankybrit.4598

People need to stop worrying about the free charges. Anet stated that they will remain free until Wednesday at 11:59 PM PST. What does that mean? That the time stated is 38 hours away from this time of posting… So calm down.

Everyone except Mac users can calm down. We can’t even use the TP and don’t know if the patch will fix it.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

Im so glad i dont live in Spain anymore.

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

5 more hours and it’s not even the 15th anymore where I live. I don’t like this.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

3am, tired, headach, cold, hungry. Patch me ANet my body is ready!

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

38 hours away from your post? Great! I’ll log in now since your post gives free charges.

JustTrogdor.7892

5 more hours and it’s not even the 15th anymore where I live. I don’t like this.

Ahhh, but you see it is still the 15th where Anet lives and will be for about 13 1/2 more hours.

The Burninator

JustTrogdor.7892

3am, tired, headach, cold, hungry. Patch me ANet my body is ready!

Eat something and go to sleep. Your free charges will still be there for you. You have like 35 hours left or so before the offer expires.

The Burninator

Posted by: ferr.6403

ferr.6403

9 pm (21:23) for me, I have work tomorrow, waited for the whole day. What’s wrong with me, patch it already :c

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

I’m in Indiana, just a few hours ahead of Arenanet, I think. I always hope that these patches will go up at their midnight, since I mainly play after work and I don’t get home until 11:30pm my time. It seems more like they get them up around 2pm their time, which is a weird choice and mid-afternoon for someone who’s pretty close to their own time. That said, I have to work today anyway and would have been shocked if it was up before I left.

Posted by: Gary Bobby Ferguson.3980

Gary Bobby Ferguson.3980

Usually Wednesdays.

They said 3/15/14 – and usually 12:00 PM PST USA time.

I don’t remember the Patch being last month!?!?!

Jeez, this thread is a train wreck.

The patch is today at 12 PM PST, guys.

Posted by: Hosercow.9405

Hosercow.9405

Anyone else wetting their pants with excitement?

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

I think that we should all move in California.
They will postpone patch for the tomorrow. You are wasting time with waiting for the patch.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

wtf going on? its 1:33 pm EST yet no patch

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

This happens every patch, and could be avoided by putting the release timezone in the release announcement. Type three characters, ‘PDT’ and all is solved. If someone accesses the German version of the website and sees “April 15th” then (if timezone is omitted) it isn’t unreasonable for them to assume that it means April 15th in their timezone.

(edited by Carzor Stelatis.9435)

JustTrogdor.7892

I have to work until about 8:00 PM Anet time, 11:00 PM my time. My studio is pushing something more important to me than a game patch. :P I’ll live. I’ll go home, grab some food, and crash out. I’m sure everything will be waiting for me when I wake up. Just as it will be for everyone else that needs to chill out and go about their business until the patch happens. For all of you that get to sit there ready to play when the patch goes live, lucky you, I guess if that is what you are into.

The Burninator

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

sometimes, I am very ashamed to be european… like at the moment.

Never be ashamed of being a european
Remember we civilized the world
;)

I heard the Mayans disagree.

The Mayans also said the world would end in 2012 so…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m here as well to do some crying, can’t wait for the patch, please release?

You’re saying we get THE PATCH in 30 minutes?

I’m not saying anything, just that’s about the time we usually get it. Anywhere between there and 2 pm est (About 23 minutes from the time I post this) but I’ve been off by a good couple hours before.

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I’m always baffled by these threads. I know some of you people understand how programming works. So many things are dependent on other things, and you might not even realize change A broke system B until later on – and then you spend hours trying to reproduce the bug so you can fix it. It’s like you’re playing Jenga but some of the blocks are invisible so you don’t realize stuff was balanced on the block you pulled out until it collapses.

Even a seemingly insignificant change can have unexpected consequences. One person makes a text field slightly bigger (pets can now have 15-letter names instead of 12!*) and suddenly your whole game crashes.

Obviously they want to make sure as much of it works as possible, knowing that when they release it into the wild two dozen people will still manage to break something in a way they never anticipated anyway.

*based on a true story.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.