Who's excited for 2014?

Who's excited for 2014?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I know I am, can’t wait to see what Anet have for us in 2014.

vvuevv

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

More Scarlet updates!

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Who's excited for 2014?

IVIUIEI.9631

It’s gonna be more than just scarlet i can feel it.

vvuevv

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I gived up on this game today

classes are broken and the game is not going forward content wise.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

Excited for 2014 because of Wildstar and Everquest Next(Landmark).

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m excited……………. for TESO and Wildstar.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Who's excited for 2014?

sonicwhip.9052

I’m excited……………. for TESO and Wildstar.

Me to.

Wildstar
Everquest Next & Everquest Next Landmark
The Elder Scrolls online
Archeage

(edited by sonicwhip.9052)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

ESO didn’t excite me.
Wildstar used to excite me, until I tried its Beta. Not anymore.
EQNL still does excite me !

GW2 – It’s free, so I will waste my free time on it until I have something fun to play. Just keep remaking all classes now, cuz they are all broken. Squishiest classes remain without survivalibility. Strong classes get all the good stuff like Mobility and Condition Remover, and HP and Armor and Damage. Many classes remain unwanted without clear purpose of what they’re supposed to be good at.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Looking forward to WvW exp being account wide.

I would not use the word “excited” however. “Finally” is a word I would use.

Not looking forward to more Scarlet themed temporary content.

I would use the word “resigned”.

I would be looking forward to an expansion.

I might use the word “excited” for that. At the moment, the two that come to mind are “skeptical” and “disappointed”.

-This “downer” post brought to you by the words: “More”, “of” , “the” and “same”.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

I gived up on this game today

classes are broken and the game is not going forward content wise.

You mean you gave up on this game today?

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

all these new mmo in 2014 doesn’t looks that great to me. Another year for gw2 to shine!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Who's excited for 2014?

IVIUIEI.9631

I have faith in this game. Long live GW2.

vvuevv

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I predict the Year of the Dragon.

Who's excited for 2014?

sonicwhip.9052

I predict the Year of the Dragon.

You spelled year of the Scarlet wrong.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

I can’t wait. I left the game prior to the 2 week event cycles (back in September 2012) as I was still heavily involved in progression raiding in another game, as well as RL responsibilities. I returned to GW2 just in time for the Mad King events this year.. and was blown away by the LS cycles. I am so looking forward to making up for lost time, as well as seeing what Anet has in store for us in the next year of events!

I love the changing LS events, as it keeps the game fresh with new things to do.. as opposed to an annual expansion and absolute boredom in between. Most games keep my interest for a month after xpac; I complete content, build daily quest reps, get my new raiding BiS tier set, and then I’m out of the game. GW2 stands apart in that matter. I don’t mind that I missed out on the past events prior to this last October (although they looked amazing! and so different from each other) I’m just excited to be able to participate in what has yet to come. I feel the 2 week cycles not only keep the game fresh and exciting, but they also prevent stale content, and create a greater appreciation for the content while it’s live. I hope they keep at it.

(edited by islarose.7356)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Is NCsoft still in charge of making extremely poor decisions? Welcome to the year of Dejavu. Oh well, maybe BDO will see a less restricted region localization.

Who's excited for 2014?

sonicwhip.9052

Is NCsoft still in charge of making extremely poor decisions? Welcome to the year of Dejavu. Oh well, maybe BDO will see a less restricted region localization.

What is BDO?

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

I’m always excited to see what comes next in GW2. The epic conclusion to Scarlet and a whole feature update are the only info we have so far but I think that will be a great start. After the coming in 2014 blog post is when a lot more people will be excited for this next year

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I look forward to my mr.sparkles and backpack I get in January

Who's excited for 2014?

sonicwhip.9052

I’m always excited to see what comes next in GW2. The epic conclusion to Scarlet and a whole feature update are the only info we have so far but I think that will be a great start. After the coming in 2014 blog post is when a lot more people will be excited for this next year

I would get excited for this game again if they announced an actual expansion pack with a huge load of new permanent content and new zones like Crystal Desert, Cantha, Elona, Sea of sorrows,etc coming in 2014. Unfortunately it is most likely more temporary events revolving around this Scarlet character and nothing to do with the elder dragons, I hope I’m wrong.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m excited that there will be competition, which means Anet is more likely to get their act together.

That said. I do not look forward to an expansion right now: As the Living Story has shown, Anet is currently incapable of writing a good story. An expansion will almost certainly ruin the lore of whatever region it introduces.

Who's excited for 2014?

IVIUIEI.9631

I look forward to my mr.sparkles and backpack I get in January

Oh yeah I’m getting mine too…

vvuevv

Who's excited for 2014?

IVIUIEI.9631

I would get excited for this game again if they announced an actual expansion pack with a huge load of new permanent content and new zones like Crystal Desert, Cantha, Elona, Sea of sorrows,etc coming in 2014. Unfortunately it is most likely more temporary events revolving around this Scarlet character and nothing to do with the elder dragons, I hope I’m wrong.

It’s coming I bet u… it’s just a matter of time. They don’t wanna just throw everything out there and have nothing to offer in the years to come.

vvuevv

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Excited? Not at all in relation to the MMOs with the state they’re in. MMOs these days tend to be nothing but a grind, if people want to waste their time grinding for something at the end of the day that’s totally worthless, more power to them.

I’d like to see an MMO like what this was supposed to be before they did a ‘U’ turn.

GW2 promised to be a refreshing change, instead they just jumped on the band wagon and followed other companies with the grind. Grind = less fun but tends to keep people occupied as they’re in pursuit of their useless gear.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

living story present it in game and the lore is epic fail for me and all my friends man its just bad placed bad writing evrything its like the worst tv show u have ever seen and u wanna return those 30/1 h min that are gone from your life but from anouter hand im very happy whit gw 2 as game in general i love the game play the patch balans new dungeons frakalts they are realy good and i think if they place raids in this game im gona be hooked up 24/7 and ill buy more gems to support arena net

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I love guild wars and ill probably always be playing it but the engineer from wildstar has piqued my interest. If anet can’t come up with new kits soon I might go and try other engineers for a while.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m cautiously optimistic, rather than excited. I’ll be happy to see the back of Scarlet in March, which is pretty early in the year. Not that I dislike her personally as a villain (she does what she needs to do), but I’m tired of hearing about her from other people who don’t like her.

As for those other games…all MMOs launch in a less than optimal condition and players often don’t give those MMOs a chance to fix what’s wrong. It happened here too. One could argue that decisions made by Anet were based on people leaving without really giving them a chance to get the game in order. And while you might argue that that should be done before launch, almost no MMO has been able to. It’s too expensive and takes too long and can’t be done without players playing anyway.

So yeah, those other games will launch, be filled with bugs, will have too little content, people will blow through them, and people will leave. They’ll come back to a game that’s more stable and has more content because the game is older.

Always seems to happen. People are always leaving their game for new games…but the old games are mostly still around. Someone must be playing them.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Immensus, it seems you took a wrong turn on the internets somewhere. This is the GW2 forums, not the Wildstar forums.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Immensus, it seems you took a wrong turn on the internets somewhere. This is the GW2 forums, not the Wildstar forums.

why because i say somehting good about another game? lol man chill out

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I feel I can’t get excited about what’s coming up for next year, esp. when the first LS update is a four-part Scarlet marathon. This alone kind of nullifies my hopes.

I know they have to write her out of the story, but I’d just prefer she get dropped like the bad idea she was, and left behind with a big “?” over her head.. that being said it just opens up debate as to where she’s gone and if we’ll see her again. So I guess we have to have closure on that aspect of the game.

Asides this, I’m waiting for Anet to make good on some very long-held promises that they still haven’t delivered on. The hottest topics in these forums from this year should be the key, I shouldn’t have to say anymore.

Bottom line is this game still needs a LOT of improvements, most of which are or have been mentioned in the CDI’s already.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I wouldn’t say I’m ‘excited’ for 2014 because the next update isn’t until the 21st of January which is a looooong way away, however I am looking forward to seeing what Anet come up with in terms of making ascended gear more accessible, and I look forward to account bound WXP in particular. Hopefully some new black lion ticket claim skins too?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

The only thing I’m “excited” about in regards to GW2 in 2014 is that the Ascended grind is finally, FINALLY done, as is the horrific;y terrible Scarlet arc.

Beyond that, what’s there to be excited about? More buggy, rushed two-week content releases that are temporary? Oh boy, that’s so exciting to look forward to!

Maybe if Anet said they’re ditching the Living Story nonsense after the Scarlet garbage, and admit to saying it was a bad decision, I’d be excited. But after reading the transcript of their 2013 retrospective live stream, and seeing nothing but PR nonsense and them patting themselves on the back as though they did well and the community at large agrees with them, I have almost no hope, nor confidence, in Anet doing anything positive in 2014.

It’s going to be more of the same, and it’s going to be harder and harder for me to drag myself back to the game every two weeks to do whatever silly, 10 minute LS content before grinding out more repetitive Achievements.

It may sound cynical and negative, but it’s true. Look at 2013, out of the 20 Living Story releases we received, only a handful of them were actually memorable and enjoyable experiences. The majority of them were terrible, and if Anet thinks they did an amazing job with that, than 2014 is not looking bright what so ever.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Personally looking forward to D3 RoS… I know I know it should have been the game that released originally but hey better late then never. As far as GW2 goes I given up on it pretty much. I feel like I am playing a Indi game with lack of content, lack of servers, lack of polish, lack of quality.

Sure I keep a eye on it next year but I dont see my self being that active which means no spending money on the gem store for me.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

I look forward to a couple of bug fixes. I was waiting last year as well, but never give up hope.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m waiting to see if the CDI produces changes in the way content is delivered in GW2. I’m waiting to see what progression will look like. Also, I’m waiting to see if ANet decides that having their customers be able to see what’s going on in mass group events is important enough to do something about the particle blur. I’m not hopeful on any of those fronts, so I’m not excited. Then again, since I’m expecting the worst, the only surprises GW2 can offer me in 2014 would be pleasant ones.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

I’m excited that I can finally play another game.

Who's excited for 2014?

Lord Kuru.3685

The only thing I’m “excited” about in regards to GW2 in 2014 is that the Ascended grind is finally, FINALLY done, as is the horrific;y terrible Scarlet arc.

Don’t worry, next will be the infusion grind — you can pretty much be guaranteed Anet will slowly release higher and higher stat infusions. They may not make much difference right now, but these things add up.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Looking forward to conclusion to Scarlet in next 4 LS updates; looking forward to new legendaries and precursor scavenger hunt, looking forward to next LS “series” and hopefully it brings a new ELDER DRAGON (you know, what this game is about, right?), new zones/playable races/professions.

Well, one can dream, and I hope it’s all inbound in 2014

Wildtrash, ESO won’t deliver (I will try the latter, but I don’t believe either will succeed, imho)
EQ:N/L caters to different crowd with its features (Next could be interesting though)…

Anyway – heavily invested in GW2 still – so c’mon Anet, dazzle me in 2014!

Reveal Scarlet as an elder dragon lieutenant and all will be forgiven

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

.snip….

Nah, at best she’s a baby dragon.

(References an old original Star Trek episode with an alien constantly taunting/messing with the crew and it turns out to be a child whose mother calls in from playtime.)

Scarlet certainly has all the personality of a spoiled toddler. And the hair to match.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Who's excited for 2014?

Lord Kuru.3685

Looking forward to conclusion to Scarlet in next 4 LS updates; looking forward to new legendaries and precursor scavenger hunt, looking forward to next LS “series” and hopefully it brings a new ELDER DRAGON (you know, what this game is about, right?), new zones/playable races/professions.

Wildtrash, ESO won’t deliver (I will try the latter, but I don’t believe either will succeed, imho)
EQ:N/L caters to different crowd with its features (Next could be interesting though)…

Just the existence of these new MMOs will likely hurt GW2. People will try them, and that puts them out of habit of logging into GW2. So even if the new MMOs are bad, a number of people won’t return to GW2.

GW2 really has to do something to stop people from even trying these new MMOs. But considering the first is coming in April, there’s not much time.

Who's excited for 2014?

Vayne.8563

Just the existence of these new MMOs will likely hurt GW2. People will try them, and that puts them out of habit of logging into GW2. So even if the new MMOs are bad, a number of people won’t return to GW2.

GW2 really has to do something to stop people from even trying these new MMOs. But considering the first is coming in April, there’s not much time.

It depends. Something like the Elder Scrolls MMO might actually bring people who NEVER played an MMO to the table, and then, if the game doesn’t do well, Guild Wars 2 could end up with some of those people.

I know some of that went on with SWToR. There are people who liked Star Wars, sort of saw the possibilities in an MMO, didn’t end up liking the game and ended up playing Guild Wars 2.

It’s not the short game that’s important, it’s the long game.

Who's excited for 2014?

Lord Kuru.3685

Not if GW2 doesn’t survive long enough to get into the long game, which — to me — is a real danger.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

It depends. Something like the Elder Scrolls MMO might actually bring people who NEVER played an MMO to the table, and then, if the game doesn’t do well, Guild Wars 2 could end up with some of those people.

I know some of that went on with SWToR. There are people who liked Star Wars, sort of saw the possibilities in an MMO, didn’t end up liking the game and ended up playing Guild Wars 2.

GW2 – and no other MMO – can prevent its existing players from trying out new MMOs. These games can be perfect, but the new ones have the novelty effect. Many people will be swarming to them, from all MMOs, and they will appeal to some, whereas others will return to whatever games they come from. Even I will try out TESO, but not with TESO in mind to replace GW2, hell no I intend GW2 to be my long-/slow burner as long as it starts to deliver on my expectations more in 2014, but if you’re a gamer, new titles are attractive and any game will experience a dip in activity when a contestant is launched.

2013 brought a bunch of stuff in GW2, but I still think of a lot of it as QoL, which was how Colin rephrased it back when the “massive content patches” “worth an expansion or two” for Feb-March got kind of delayed in favour of fixing game mechanics, balance, bug fixes, etc. And then the whole LS started pouring in for better or worse, which we’ll see through in Q1, ’14 by the sounds of things.

But after that, I have high expectations of Anet to up their game further, both to compete with these other titles coming out and also to match their players’ expectations, e.g. hopefully an expansion is actually being worked on and ready to be announced around the time WS/TESO launches or a little earlier.

I don’t know…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

My highlights for 2014:

• Everquest Next (+Landmark)
  • Accountbound WXP in GW2 (there isn’t much else I look forward to, cause there simply is nothing known yet what is coming next year, except the end of scarlet)
  • Archeage (Hopefully?)
  • Black Desert
  • Phantasy Star Online

Not Wildstar/ESO cause they’re sub-based.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Yes little bit. hopefully something new stuff in sPvP so it would be actually fun to play and new www map. All new games seems to be some gear grinding games so i don’t really have any reason play those. Actually when all wow players leave anet can forget PvE and start to give sPvP and www some love.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Who's excited for 2014?

Vayne.8563

Not if GW2 doesn’t survive long enough to get into the long game, which — to me — is a real danger.

It’s so not a danger. I hear this kind of stuff all the time. There are games that are older and much worse than Guild Wars 2 that have survived much longer. Games that barely worked at all that were around for years and years.

Do you know how many players Guild Wars 2 needs to “survive”? Do you know how many players are playing right now? Do you know how many new players might come aboard between now and when these new games come out?

This kind of statement servers no purpose except to alarm. I’m not alarmed. I’ve followed this industry for too long to believe that this game doesn’t have a future. It’s not going to have 12.4 million subscribers, but neither does WoW anymore.

I think the devs are more canny than most people think, and I think most people assume the way they feel about a game is the way everyone feels about it.

2014 will end up being a very good year for Guild Wars 2. This so-called danger will come to nothing.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

As Vayne states it’s not like this game suddenly will drop to spot #87 most played mmo or something. EVEN if Wildstar/ESO are better than GW2 (which is not certain at all, given that a lot of people will back off because of the mandatory subscriptions), it will still be in the top 5 of best mmos.

That doesn’t mean however that I’m excited about 2014. I will try out any new game that seems worth playing, and might stick with it if it’s better than GW2, but if GW2 changes the way it is now (bi-weekly filler content, barely any innovation in PvP…) I will surely come back and see if it’s worth playing again.

I’ve been playing the game since August 2012 and I still do (after a lapse of some 2 and half months). It has delivered a very nice game experience, keeping me entertained for some 1500 hours. You can’t expect a game to stay “AMAZING” forever, everyone wants something new always. It’s not a fault of the developers, it’s a property of being human.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

While I admire your enthusiasm, its best to keep it in check. While they tell us “we will do XYZ”, what they mena is..the will start doing XYZ. I, along with many, thought we would be getting new abilities by the end of 2013. What arenanet really meant was that we would get a new healing skill (which btw, in many builds isn’t earth shattering), and they will be adding more later(aka 2014).

I have learned that what arenanet says and does are two different things, because they like to play word play.

While I am excited, especially to see what comes out of the CDIs that we as players spend A LOT of time(so I hope we see something tangible soon), I am cautiously optimistic. I am not getting my hopes up. Not after a year if multiple disappointments and /facepalm’s .

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

As Vayne states it’s not like this game suddenly will drop to spot #87 most played mmo or something. EVEN if Wildstar/ESO are better than GW2 (which is not certain at all, given that a lot of people will back off because of the mandatory subscriptions), it will still be in the top 5 of best mmos.

Curious… people used to shy away from non-subscription games because they didn’t think the developer had the financial backing to support the game and make it what it needs to be.

These days, people now shy away from traditional subscription based games. I think because games like GW2 has shown that you can have a quality game without a fee. However, this isn’t to say that sub based games are evil and should go away in favor of free to play.

Sub based games do have their benefits:
-No worry about pay to win via shady cash shop(not to say gw2 has a shady cash shop..)
-No worry about ‘pay to have the best looking gear’ — The gem store does have some more of the better looking armor. Yes yes yes, beauty in eye of the beholder, not everyone liks the same skins, etc../yawn. I know.
-Traditionally…bigger better larger and more enveloping content is released via sub based games. Whatever your feelings are on the living story, fact is that all of the content is some achievements, a 10-20 minute story-instance, and some zerging around via open world content with some zone changes. With sub based games you get entire zones opened up, entire quest lines and dailys that take weeks to go through, balance patches more often, new ‘end game content’(whatever that may be), possibly a new QoL system or some new game mode.
-A lot of people end up spending as much or more in cash shops than they do on subs.

Sub based games are not all bad. Wildstar will LAUNCH with player housing, TONS of end game content(they have been focusing on nothing else for the last 6 months but end game content to keep you playing), traditional raids, etc. So is 15 dollars a month, or 50 cents a day, worth it? Depends on you, but subscriptions shouldn’t be frowned upon.

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

Thats enormously speculating that GW2 might wind up with some of the disgruntled TESO folks. Hell, they might go to Wildstar, WoW. Or try a different free to play game, like Tera, Rift or Neverwinter. GW2 might get some, but to make it an arguing point is folly.