Who's excited for 2014?

Who's excited for 2014?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

-Traditionally…bigger, better, larger and more enveloping content is released via sub based games. Whatever your feelings are on the living story, fact is that all of the content is some achievements, a 10-20 minute story-instance, and some zerging around via open world content with some zone changes. With sub based games you get entire zones opened up, entire quest lines and dailys that take weeks to go through, balance patches more often, new ‘end game content’(whatever that may be), possibly a new QoL system or some new game mode.

The only thing I’ll say about this is that the PvE content lasts longer only because it’s usually gated by the need to get gear / rep first.

If it wasn’t, then chances are it wouldn’t last much longer than the LS content.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

-Traditionally…bigger, better, larger and more enveloping content is released via sub based games. Whatever your feelings are on the living story, fact is that all of the content is some achievements, a 10-20 minute story-instance, and some zerging around via open world content with some zone changes. With sub based games you get entire zones opened up, entire quest lines and dailys that take weeks to go through, balance patches more often, new ‘end game content’(whatever that may be), possibly a new QoL system or some new game mode.

The only thing I’ll say about this is that the PvE content lasts longer only because it’s usually gated by the need to get gear / rep first.

If it wasn’t, then chances are it wouldn’t last much longer than the LS content.

You may be correct.

But think about how much you are seeing and doing with a traditional patch vs the 2 week breadcrumb LS updates. In most of the LS updates, we are funneled into one zone, and one corner of a zone ,or half of a map, zerging around killing champs and grinding out achievements. You see more and do more than blobbing around in other traditional content games.

I just see that traditional content updates offer far more than what we have been getting in the 2 week updates. Example: If you aren’t into winters day, and if wintersday was the only content added with the last update, then theres absolutely nothing new for you. Vs a traditional content game where the majority of the content added involves combat, which is the biggest reason we play these games…combat.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Who's excited for 2014?

TheDaiBish.9735

You may be correct.

But think about how much you are seeing and doing with a traditional patch vs the 2 week breadcrumb LS updates. In most of the LS updates, we are funneled into one zone, and one corner of a zone ,or half of a map, zerging around killing champs and grinding out achievements. You see more and do more than blobbing around in other traditional content games.

I just see that traditional content updates offer far more than what we have been getting in the 2 week updates. Example: If you aren’t into winters day, and if wintersday was the only content added with the last update, then theres absolutely nothing new for you. Vs a traditional content game where the majority of the content added involves combat, which is the biggest reason we play these games…combat.

Eh, good point (although doesn’t Tixx’s involve combat?). Although I’d also say that’s a plus with the (usual) 2 week updates. If that patch doesn’t appeal to you, there’s a much shorter wait until the next patch vs the traditional patches, where you could be waiting months (or a year in the case of Ruby Sanctum to Mists).

Although, as you said, it’s dependent on the person. The reason I left during Cata (although this might have changed) was mostly because the only content I had out of the patches was dailies, and maybe the occasional dungeon if I had a night off (which wasn’t too often). I didn’t feel that the £9 for, what, 12 ‘different’ repeatable quests and a rep grind was worth it.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Cautious Optimism here. Hoping for lessons learned on temporary content and LS stuff, the return of real permanent content, and we get information on a sorely needed expansion this year.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

You may be correct.

Eh, good point (although doesn’t Tixx’s involve combat?). Although I’d also say that’s a plus with the (usual) 2 week updates. If that patch doesn’t appeal to you, there’s a much shorter wait until the next patch vs the traditional patches, where you could be waiting months (or a year in the case of Ruby Sanctum to Mists).

Although, as you said, it’s dependent on the person. The reason I left during Cata (although this might have changed) was mostly because the only content I had out of the patches was dailies, and maybe the occasional dungeon if I had a night off (which wasn’t too often). I didn’t feel that the £9 for, what, 12 ‘different’ repeatable quests and a rep grind was worth it.

Well, and this is something they blizzard addressed with MoP, if you werent a raider or heavy into PvP…there wasnt much for you to do at max level. You either raided or did BGs/Arenas, or…what? Nothing? Blizzard was complacent for years because they were top dog. After more competition like GW2 entered the market, they had to re-invent themselves a bit and introduced pet battles, scenarios, challenge modes, timeless isle(loot isle), etc…a whole slew of things for the casual non raider to do at max level aside from rep grinding and raids/pvp. IMO, it was an expansion too late.

Next expansion, they are going further away from just raids to a quasi player housing type of deal where you can upgrade an garrison and defend it against NPCs in open world I guess. Again, just something else for the non raider to do in open world. But, this is something significant, much like traditional updates containing PERMA dungeons, raids, new zones, etc.

True, tixx might require some combat, but its one map correct? Kind of a quick run too? The rest of the update is fluff and for fun. Jumping puzzle, snowball fights, presents with psychotic toys(ok more combat but these toys have no significance). Its a fun update, I dabble with it every few days. Its like dessert vs the prime rib meal. Everyone likes dessert, too much can make you sick. I rather have prime rib.

Another example of a game that is going to build off of systems that aren’t fluff…Wildstar. Launching with the run of the mill dungeons and raids of a traditional sub game. Warplots(a group oriented PvP type of thing which is different some how from battlegrounds), player housing(and you need to defend your house too), adventures, path missions..launching with that stuff. While I like the idea of “go forge your own adventure” that gw2 tried to foster, it just doesn’t stick when everything is centered around the bread crumb LS updates. They focus their dev on this stuff, while other games focus their dev on adding more gaming modes which eventually promote more crap to do. And subtantial crap…not a snow ball fight, or ‘click F and burn the effigy’.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Against my better judgement, I pray for an expansion.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

Against my better judgement, I pray for an expansion.

There will probably be a CDI on this in a few months, which will take a few weeks and then a few months of internal discussions..and when all is said and done, we’ll be in Q3 2014 before they consider it.

Dont hold your breathe

Who's excited for 2014?

TheDaiBish.9735

Well, and this is something they blizzard addressed with MoP, if you werent a raider or heavy into PvP…there wasnt much for you to do at max level. You either raided or did BGs/Arenas, or…what? Nothing? Blizzard was complacent for years because they were top dog. After more competition like GW2 entered the market, they had to re-invent themselves a bit and introduced pet battles, scenarios, challenge modes, timeless isle(loot isle), etc…a whole slew of things for the casual non raider to do at max level aside from rep grinding and raids/pvp. IMO, it was an expansion too late.

Next expansion, they are going further away from just raids to a quasi player housing type of deal where you can upgrade an garrison and defend it against NPCs in open world I guess. Again, just something else for the non raider to do in open world. But, this is something significant, much like traditional updates containing PERMA dungeons, raids, new zones, etc.

True, tixx might require some combat, but its one map correct? Kind of a quick run too? The rest of the update is fluff and for fun. Jumping puzzle, snowball fights, presents with psychotic toys(ok more combat but these toys have no significance). Its a fun update, I dabble with it every few days. Its like dessert vs the prime rib meal. Everyone likes dessert, too much can make you sick. I rather have prime rib.

Another example of a game that is going to build off of systems that aren’t fluff…Wildstar. Launching with the run of the mill dungeons and raids of a traditional sub game. Warplots(a group oriented PvP type of thing which is different some how from battlegrounds), player housing(and you need to defend your house too), adventures, path missions..launching with that stuff. While I like the idea of “go forge your own adventure” that gw2 tried to foster, it just doesn’t stick when everything is centered around the bread crumb LS updates. They focus their dev on this stuff, while other games focus their dev on adding more gaming modes which eventually promote more crap to do. And subtantial crap…not a snow ball fight, or ‘click F and burn the effigy’.

I haven’t actually done Tixx yet (work and all that).

Like I said, I left during Cata, so I haven’t really been keeping up on it (although I did know about the pokemon minigame they put in). I also haven’t really been keeping up with WS.

On the other side of the LS updates, I don’t think they’re all that bad, or at least certain aspects of them. There are definitely lessons to be learn, or trends to continue, at the very least:

• Fractured added to Fractals and the Instabilities, while the TA path added a new dungeon. Another small note, the dungeons (for the most part) that have come with some of the patches were a definite improvement over most of the launch ones.
  • For better or for worse, Tequatl was an improvement over what it was before (imo, old content shouldn’t be left flawed for the sake of adding new content).
  • Things to add to our home instance.
  • The Lessons from the Sky achievement where you had to hunt down them crystals. Some of them were placed where you thought the route was obvious, but then it turns out you needed to go somewhere else. I think that was a massive improvement, going from ‘click 150 of these which you don’t have to hunt for / reset daily so you can just park the same area’ to ‘find 22 of these, hidden around the place’. I think this is definitely something they should learn from and apply somewhere.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

I haven’t actually done Tixx yet (work and all that).

Like I said, I left during Cata, so I haven’t really been keeping up on it (although I did know about the pokemon minigame they put in). I also haven’t really been keeping up with WS.

On the other side of the LS updates, I don’t think they’re all that bad, or at least certain aspects of them. There are definitely lessons to be learn, or trends to continue, at the very least:

• Fractured added to Fractals and the Instabilities, while the TA path added a new dungeon. Another small note, the dungeons (for the most part) that have come with some of the patches were a definite improvement over most of the launch ones.
  • For better or for worse, Tequatl was an improvement over what it was before (imo, old content shouldn’t be left flawed for the sake of adding new content).
  • Things to add to our home instance.
  • The Lessons from the Sky achievement where you had to hunt down them crystals. Some of them were placed where you thought the route was obvious, but then it turns out you needed to go somewhere else. I think that was a massive improvement, going from ‘click 150 of these which you don’t have to hunt for / reset daily so you can just park the same area’ to ‘find 22 of these, hidden around the place’. I think this is definitely something they should learn from and apply somewhere.

I mocked the pet battles pre-MoP as well..until I tried them and they are really cool! Think Final Fantasy 7…you sit there with your pets that have unique little abilities and you battle other pets in the world, or other people’s pets..and you level them up. Just something fun to do on the side. Infact, this is going to go into the horizontal progression CDI thread.

Also, yes Fratured! was a good update IMO. A a healthy addition of fractals and a revamp to the fractal system. Tequatl, agreed for better or worse…depends what server youre on. My server kills him nightly I found out. But mostly, he sits there un-engaged. Maybe they went a bit too far with him.

But notice, you pointed out updates that had signifiance substance and significance combat. And notice, that these two updates were not tied to(or if they were, VERY loosely) to scarlet and the LS updates and story line.

The one thing I can pick out of the LS that was truely good was the gauntlet. Those fights were boss.

Who's excited for 2014?

TheDaiBish.9735

I mocked the pet battles pre-MoP as well..until I tried them and they are really cool! Think Final Fantasy 7…you sit there with your pets that have unique little abilities and you battle other pets in the world, or other people’s pets..and you level them up. Just something fun to do on the side. Infact, this is going to go into the horizontal progression CDI thread.

Also, yes Fratured! was a good update IMO. A a healthy addition of fractals and a revamp to the fractal system. Tequatl, agreed for better or worse…depends what server youre on. My server kills him nightly I found out. But mostly, he sits there un-engaged. Maybe they went a bit too far with him.

But notice, you pointed out updates that had signifiance substance and significance combat. And notice, that these two updates were not tied to(or if they were, VERY loosely) to scarlet and the LS updates and story line.

The one thing I can pick out of the LS that was truely good was the gauntlet. Those fights were boss.

There were pet battles in FF7? I cannot for the life of me remember them.

I forgot about the Gauntlet. I didn’t actually complete that.

As for Tequatl (and for all world bosses, for that matter) I feel they could be vastly improved in the short term simply by:

• creating scaling unique to each boss, that is tied to their mechanics. For example, the Shatterer’s healing crystals, or the Underworld Portals on Shadow Behemoth.
  • Making some of the mechanics appear in random places, instead of set places. See above examples.

That way, the mechanics can’t be ignored by most players, it would help cut down on the zerging part, and the best part is you wouldn’t need a high amount of players, but the need for teamwork and organisation would remain as it scales up (which was the original intention of scaling?).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

I’m actually going to find it very difficult to log back in once Everquest Next is fully released. Even Landmark itself looks like it will be very fun.

Who's excited for 2014?

Aeonblade.8709

As for Tequatl (and for all world bosses, for that matter) I feel they could be vastly improved in the short term simply by:

• creating scaling unique to each boss, that is tied to their mechanics. For example, the Shatterer’s healing crystals, or the Underworld Portals on Shadow Behemoth.
  • Making some of the mechanics appear in random places, instead of set places. See above examples.

That way, the mechanics can’t be ignored by most players, it would help cut down on the zerging part, and the best part is you wouldn’t need a high amount of players, but the need for teamwork and organisation would remain as it scales up (which was the original intention of scaling?).

The pet battles are more like Pokémon than FF7. I think he was referring to the combat system rather than the game itself. The pet battles are fun, till you realize there are certain pet combinations that are broken that everyone uses. And I mean everyone.

The way I’m looking at it, GW2 has until ESO and EQN as well as WS release to come up with some good, engaging, real content. This is all personal preference of course, those games may flop, but I don’t see that happening and would like for Anet to kick their game up on the updates this year.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Looking forward for another year of either 1) ignoring WvW outright or 2) implementing half backed ideas to WvW in a way that makes things worse. Most importantly looking forward to not having to care because new games are coming.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I know I am, can’t wait to see what Anet have for us in 2014.

Given the current state of the game and development time necessary to make any significant changes for the better, I’m not really excited. although, considering that it takes competition to force err… encourage reinvestment into content and gameplay, i’m sure they will make a halfway decent effort at least. cdi is a good public display of desire to improve, but it may be too little too late unless they can make a big turn around by going into overdrive and proving to the community that they are sincerely interested in more than just having a subpar game that focuses more on squeezing money from players.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

What game doesn’t try to get money from players I mean that’s how they get paid right. Don’t doubt Anet they’ll have something in 2014. I have faith in them.

vvuevv

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

No, I meant the style of the pet battles are the same as the combat system in ff7…
:p

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

I’m actually going to find it very difficult to log back in once Everquest Next is fully released. Even Landmark itself looks like it will be very fun.

I agree. And its funny, that I participate in these discussions and in the CDI discussions as much as I do because I probably won’t be around for the day that Arenanet finally implements some of the suggestions and changes. I doubt that many of the LS changes that they might be talking about, or the verticle progression/horizontal progression changes that we are currently discussing will be in the game within the next 3 or so months.

A lot of the suggestions in the CDI have been asked for time and time again over the last year, and just because theres an official CDI thread NOW they perceive our suggestions and NOW they say they will have an internal discussion? I have about 3 months of vigor left in me for GW2. That time table is determined by the lack of vision with the community and bestowing their own vision upon us for the last year, and with the fact that TESO is coming in April, Wildstar not too long after that…and probably late late 2014 or early 2015, EQN.

Too much potential being injected into the MMO genre to ignore. GW2 had a year to kick butt and take names. Instead, they have made controversial additions like ascended gear and living story. While some like it others dont. Community is split 50/50 Id say, which is not good for a game.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Evogrin.6027

Evogrin.6027

I can’t wait for 2014… Lol @ all who are complaining…. Just leave for another game and stop QQing on our forums?:) …There is a difference between not being happy with the state of the game and trying to voice opinions towards a solution, and just QQing for no reason whatsoever. Its not worth anyone’s time, especially yours. Life is too short, go find something you enjoy, and leave this enjoyable for those who enjoy it? MERRY CHRISTMAS

//Evogrin-80 Ele//Karostt- 80 Guardian//
Axanas Kamai- 80 Warrior//
[HB], Blackgate!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I’m excited! I have huge hopes for 2014. I want to see the Bazaar again, and the last 2 worlds of the SAB, and the next LS!
I hope that the next LS will change more stuff on the world. I want to see the peace treaty finally signed! Ebonhawke needs that.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Who's excited for 2014?

Aeonblade.8709

I can’t wait for 2014… Lol @ all who are complaining…. Just leave for another game and stop QQing on our forums?:) …There is a difference between not being happy with the state of the game and trying to voice opinions towards a solution, and just QQing for no reason whatsoever. Its not worth anyone’s time, especially yours. Life is too short, go find something you enjoy, and leave this enjoyable for those who enjoy it? MERRY CHRISTMAS

Please keep the trolling to a minimum, this has been a relatively tame and well thought out post, sans the few usual “this game sucks” people

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

Please keep the trolling to a minimum, this has been a relatively tame and well thought out post, sans the few usual “this game sucks” people

To which I do not think my banter(sp) with…whomever Im sparring with(I don’t pay attention to names, sorry!) has been aggressive. Just opinions and and opposing views.

Who's excited for 2014?

Evogrin.6027

Oh haha, wasn’t’ even replying to you, Cesmode :P ..And yeah no trolling intended, I don’t think the tone of my post reflected that, most just surprise that people can find a “who’s excited” thread and think, “boy, how can I reply and show how non-excited I am” :P

[HB], Blackgate!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

@OP: Am I excited for the Q1 2014? Yes. But I am also skeptical. If the extra weeks taken off make a difference then I will be pleasantly surprised. I hope the update is at least on par with Tower of Nightmares.
Am I excited for the rest of 2014? No. I’ll be excited when they give us a preview of what their plans are.

I gived up on this game today

classes are broken and the game is not going forward content wise.

I know how you feel because I’m at a similar place. But in ArenaNet’s defense I believe Tower of Nightmares was the best Living Story series to-date.

Excited for 2014 because of Wildstar and Everquest Next(Landmark).

I’m hoping to get back into Diablo 3 when the expansion comes out. But ArenaNet will being me back if they put out good content updates.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

Who's excited for 2014?

Evogrin.6027

I think that A-net hears what the community has been asking for… Stuff like class reworks don’t just happen overnight, which is why we haven’t seen them yet.. I would say look forward to some changes in the way LS works, new Legendaries, more permanent content (like Southsun), fixes for some class structure problems, and more content for spvp… Just my guesses though (*crosses fingers for a new race and expansion… I would reroll as a Tengu ranger SO fast)

[HB], Blackgate!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The teaser notes we’ve been promised in January is the last chance ANet is being given. If Rangers have nothing to look forward to I’m headed back to DOTA as ANEt has had a year to get their [censored] together and have failed at every turn.

For a PvP oriented game I can’t believe how awful overall class balance is in this game.

Who's excited for 2014?

Evogrin.6027

Well if we’re talking about PvP balance, ranger is in a really good place in tpvp….

[HB], Blackgate!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

If they don’t start releasing new zones and regions and new skills I’ll be quitting GW2 next year. Am I exited? No. I’m already tired of their promises.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

Well if we’re talking about PvP balance, ranger is in a really good place in tpvp….

Careful… off-topic sirens whirl

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

Oh haha, wasn’t’ even replying to you, Cesmode :P ..And yeah no trolling intended, I don’t think the tone of my post reflected that, most just surprise that people can find a “who’s excited” thread and think, “boy, how can I reply and show how non-excited I am” :P

I didnt thnk you were replying to me, you were replying to the whole. No worries.

My first response to this thread was that everyone should be cautiously optimistic. My experience with the hype or excitement for Gw2 has always been deflated with false promises or misconceptions. This has happened in this game, for me, more so than any other MMO ive ever played.

I enjoy the game, I enjoy the potential of the game, I enjoy the varity of classes, some of the dungeons and WvW is just boss. But in terms of outlook, I can no longer trust a dev’s word. With all of the ‘should have’ responses and ‘internally discussing’…I dont think I’ll see much change within the next few months before I decide to put the game down for good and move on. I’ve waited a year+ for some of the changes discussed in the CDI, and I’ve seen the changes suggested for the past year over and over. Im tired of waiting, frankly.

For 2014, even though I may not be around for all of it, I hope GW2 returns to its roots and gets people in open world zones, more than just one or two zones. And I am excited for new skills.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Sorry, I meant WvW… no one plays PvP. And Ranger in PvP has got to be the most mindnumbingly boring class to play.

Ranger just has so many bugs, class issues, and trait issues to even discuss in a thread like this. ANet has even acknowledged them and in the same sentence said they aren’t on their radar for being fixed.

But overall, ANet has failed miserably at delivering a balanced, diverse, and engaging PvP/WvW game. My opinion of course.

1 more big patch is all I have in me.

Who's excited for 2014?

cesmode.4257

I think that A-net hears what the community has been asking for… Stuff like class reworks don’t just happen overnight, which is why we haven’t seen them yet.. I would say look forward to some changes in the way LS works, new Legendaries, more permanent content (like Southsun), fixes for some class structure problems, and more content for spvp… Just my guesses though (*crosses fingers for a new race and expansion… I would reroll as a Tengu ranger SO fast)

Problem is that a lot of what the community has been asking for and harping about has been beaten to death over the last year. Complaints that most zones are empty aren’t new. Requests for more zones with reason to go there on a frequent bases are no new. Requests for new skills are not new(2 healing skills and 0 weapon skills in 1 year… not what we wanted).

A lot of folks are just tired of waiting. Anet is finally getting around to some of these things, after they kicked off their LS… but the damage is done for many of us and we are tired of waiting.

WvW has been the saving grace for me. Hopefully it lasts.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

After seeing the direction Anet took the game in 2013, I am actually looking at 2014 with quite a bit of apprehension. How far are they going to take this ridiculous vertical progression BS? How far will they be taking this time gating BS? Will they be putting efforts into making this game Alt. and Build friendly? Will they put efforts into fixing bugs that have be annoying us since launch? All little things that add up to making a game that use to be real fun a lot less fun.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

After all the disappointments in 2013, I’m not counting on anything ground breaking in 2014. A new year, a new lame living story and a new year with added bugs and unnecesary nerfs.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

In short: let’s hope that in 2014, the game will live up to its potential.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

(edited by Corpus Christi.2057)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

As Vayne states it’s not like this game suddenly will drop to spot #87 most played mmo or something. EVEN if Wildstar/ESO are better than GW2 (which is not certain at all, given that a lot of people will back off because of the mandatory subscriptions), it will still be in the top 5 of best mmos.

If GW2 is in the top 5, then it just goes to show what a sorry state MMOs are in.

Who's excited for 2014?

Aeonblade.8709

If GW2 is in the top 5, then it just goes to show what a sorry state MMOs are in.

I don’t know where this metric comes from anyway, top 5 according to who? The paid off people at MMORPG.com? The ones that were paid off on Massively? Which paid rating system are we referring to exactly? GW2 is one of the better games out there, but I don’t think it’s anywhere close to an actual top 5 MMO of all time. Those days were gone years ago, honestly.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Really looking forward to the season 1 finale. I think 2014 is going to be a good year for GW2.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

My excitement will come back when I start seeing good things I know I’ll really like, such as new full size maps (like GW1 expansons brought to GW1), or reasons to revisit entire maps again (like vanquishing brought to GW1), unlocks instead unitary items for customization (like in GW1)…

Right now small changes like the colors in inventory or when the allowed to disable right click targeting are more exciting than most living story releases.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

Dark Souls 2 is out in March, so I’m pretty excited for 2014.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

“He who controls the past controls the future"

Who’s in control? what future?

Injustice, Oppression, Elitism, and Favoritism, is this the future we need?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Scarlet is an annoying character. Shes a like an annoying privileged but naughty little girl. Also the Living Story delivery has been getting old and boring and though Im interested in where the story itself is going Im not excited in any way. Also Im curious about the new Edge of the Mists map but again not overly excited. My problem is I am casual and casual players rightly or wrongly seem to be a much lesser priority as the greatest reward in game comes from achievement grind. Still most if not all MMOs reward time spent and not gameplay itself.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

At this point I’m hopeful.
GW2 has a lot of potential still, that has remained up to this point, unrealized fully.
They’ve started to creep some things that I hope are coming in full swing in 2014, namely new weapon/secondary skills and new traits. This would do a lot for the game and revitalize it for many. It’s already been hinted at with the new healing skills all professions received, if they keep it coming at a decent pace, it could very well change the game enough to keep people playing and building for some time to come.

So I’m hopeful in that regard.

TL:DR: Permanent character affecting content > anything else that could be developed outside of expansion like content (new races increase level caps ect ect for expansions)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Hopefully we see some extra hard guild content too.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Excited? Well, Let’s see…

Darksouls 2
Watchdogs
Elder Scrolls Online
Wildstar
Warlords of Draenor
Destiny
The Division
Everquest Next

Yeah sure I’ll have more Scarlet and Ascended crafting because that’s a lot more fun.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

I’m excited for 2014… but not for GW2. As much as I’ve loved and supported Guild Wars over the years, I find myself extremely disappointed with Anet and how they’ve handled GW2 over the past year. Oh well, there’s the new D3 expansion, ESO, EQ:N, and eventually Camelot Unchained to look forward to. So yes 2014 will be an exciting year, but I don’t have much hope for GW2 at this point.

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Ascended gear, lack of balance, lack of meaningful additions to the game, no, I’m sadly not excited at all.

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

LOL, it’s pretty sad that even Obama has a better approval rating than Arena net!

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

Darksouls 2
Watchdogs
Elder Scrolls Online
Wildstar
Warlords of Draenor
Destiny
The Division
Everquest Next

Yeah sure I’ll have more Scarlet and Ascended crafting because that’s a lot more fun.

Honestly the only thing that can keep gw2 relevant during the year of 2014 is an expansion pack. Without that the onslaught of the new mmo’s releasing will devastate the playerbase. The living story updates won’t be enough to keep people here.
And just because a new mmo will have a subscription fee does not mean it wont compete with a B2P game. The majority of people can easily afford a subscription fee they just don’t feel like any current mmo is worth it atm but that will change in 2014 with the new wow xpac, wildstar,etc.

It wont take that full list to get Anet in trouble I think the F2P building game EQN Landmark alone will be a big deal.
I am really hoping that they actually have an expansion planned in 2014 which is heavily involved in the elder dragons and areas like the Crystal Desert, if living story is all thats coming in 2014 then I am not sure if this game will still exist in 2015.
If an actual elder dragon expansion was announced trust me I would pre order on day 1 but if it’s nothing but living story for 2014 I will have to move on to a new mmo.

(edited by sonicwhip.9052)

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

Bye bye Guild wars 2
Hello and welcome to you Mr. WITCHER 3!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Que Epic witcher 3 trailer soundtrack

Who's excited for 2014?

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Darksouls 2
Watchdogs
Elder Scrolls Online
Wildstar
Warlords of Draenor
Destiny
The Division
Everquest Next

Honestly the only thing that can keep gw2 relevant during the year of 2014 is an expansion pack. Without that the onslaught of the new mmo’s releasing will devastate the playerbase. The living story updates won’t be enough to keep people here.
And just because a new mmo will have a subscription fee does not mean it wont compete with a B2P game. The majority of people can easily afford a subscription fee they just don’t feel like any current mmo is worth it atm but that will change in 2014 with the new wow xpac, wildstar,etc.

It wont take that full list to get Anet in trouble I think the F2P building game EQN Landmark alone will be a big deal.
I am really hoping that they actually have an expansion planned in 2014 which is heavily involved in the elder dragons and areas like the Crystal Desert, if living story is all thats coming in 2014 then I am not sure if this game will still exist in 2015.

Even an expansion wont be good if it doesnt have new entertaining features such as housing GvG and many others. the fact that people believe that an expansion will save Gw2 in 2014 is wrong

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!